PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Powe

JASONSAUTO
08-20-2011, 10:24 AM
So what does the planet think if his play against the ravens?

I thought he made a great play in sniffing out the screen and making the tackle, even when he had to dodge #70 who looked clueless about what was going on.

Looked like a wiley vet there...
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree
08-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Powe has displayed great athletic ability the last two weeks. I'm pretty encouraged with Houston, Powe and Sheffield. And the guy that nobody is talking about is Hudson at center. His name hasn't come up and I think that's good for that position.

the Talking Can
08-20-2011, 10:38 AM
for a 6th round NT, he looks awesome

can't believe he dropped that far....he's better than i hoped at this point

Fish
08-20-2011, 10:41 AM
A rotation of Gregg and Powe might really blossom into something this year. Liking what I've seen so far. He's been out of place a few times. But overall looking much better than his pick position. Dudes got some wheels for a big man...

JASONSAUTO
08-20-2011, 10:42 AM
for a 6th round NT, he looks awesome

can't believe he dropped that far....he's better than i hoped at this point

Man just think if these guys keep it up.

A 3rd with the first step houston has displayed, and he just abused that rb #38 iirc one on one last night...

And then powe in the 6th.

I have said we got at least three 1st rd talents in this draft. So far IMO these two are showing why I felt that way.

Im loving powe right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish
08-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Im loving powe right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's cool dude. That won't change how we think of you. Tell him hi for me.

thurman merman
08-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Powe is a badass fatass.

YayMike
08-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Powe had a very good game. He didnt get pushed back at all, and he actually has the 'quicks' for a fat man to gain ground and make tackles from behind. I think he will be the difference to our run defense improving big time.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Who said Powe cant read. To me, he read that screen perfectly.

BigCatDaddy
08-20-2011, 10:52 AM
A rotation of Gregg and Powe might really blossom into something this year. Liking what I've seen so far. He's been out of place a few times. But overall looking much better than his pick position. Dudes got some wheels for a big man...

I think the demise of Kelly Gregg was greatly exaggerated.

JASONSAUTO
08-20-2011, 10:57 AM
It's cool dude. That won't change how we think of you. Tell him hi for me.

Done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish
08-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Done.
Posted via Mobile Device

:D

JASONSAUTO
08-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I also thought tyson jackson played a MUCH better game last night.

He was all over the field and around the ball all night.

He also put quite a bit ofpressure on the opposing qbs
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
08-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I also thought tyson jackson played a MUCH better game last night.

He was all over the field and around the ball all night.

He also put quite a bit ofpressure on the opposing qbs
Posted via Mobile Device

This :clap:

KevB
08-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Powe got washed out on Rice's TD run, but I echo everyone else in that I'm excited about his future. That's what pre-season is for, make a mistake (or get beat) and learn from it. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 11:56 AM
I think he shows elite level potential, so does Houston.

Sheffield is showing flashes too.

If Powe can be productive in a full rotation with Gregg then it will be huge for us this season.

Coogs
08-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Powe got washed out on Rice's TD run, but I echo everyone else in that I'm excited about his future. That's what pre-season is for, make a mistake (or get beat) and learn from it. Hopefully he keeps it up.

He did get moved on that one. 3rd and one play. We had 7 men on the LOS, 2LB's right behind Powe, and Arenas just 5 yards off the ball at the snap over towards the left side of our defense.

Powe and the center for Baltimore locked on to each other, and Powe was actually probably winning the matchup as they were headed towards the play that started going to Baltimore's left, but then was a cutback move to the riight for Rice. At that point, the RG of the Ravens hit Powe and continued taking Powe out of the play. Pretty good blocking by the Ravens.

HOWEVER... the center then got a piece of Siler's legs with his arms, and damn near tackled him, as Siler was attempting to fill the hole Rice was running through, and Arenas and Houston should have made the tackle right after that as well. Our safety took a poor angle as well, but that wasn't Berry or Lewis.

Should have been an obvious hold on the center. That call being missed, it should have been 3 or 4 yard run for a 1st down at worst. And everything that went wrong is fixable probably with the guys that were on the field, and most likely would have been already taken care of by the starters.

RedThat
08-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Man, I just love it how we have a rotation.

Come to think of it.

Gregg-sub in Powe

TJack-sub in either Bailey or Gilberry

Studebaker-sub in either Houston or Sheffield.

*Good to see we can have fresh legs. This means the defense will be less tired.

trndobrd
08-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Last year opposing QBs simply took a few steps forward to avoid Hali coming off the end. I didn't see the Ravens QBs avoid the rush by stepping forward when Powe and Gregg were in the game. Powe was stout against doubleteams and his play on the screen pass showed some great instinct for a rookie. His ability to stop, change direction and then run Ricky Williams down from behind* shows a lot of atheticism for a big fella.

* Yeah, I know Willams was kind of standing there, but it just sounds really good to say.

milkman
08-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I just finished watching my recording of this game, and this thread seems a good place to make my observations, starting with Powe.

The guy is clearly strong, as illustrated by the fact that he's holding his own aganst the OL even though he's playing too high.

When he learns to play low and get under the pads, he is going to be absolute beast.

But the screen play was the defensive play of the game.

He splits a double team, reads the play and shows great speed for a man his size, running about 15 yards to make the stop.

Tyson Jackson was really active, getting push and pressure against the pass, and shedding blocks to make tackles against the run.

Jovan Belcher and DJ both played with outstanding gap discipline and were a big part of keeping Rice in check when they were in.

DeMorrio Williams, I thought, was the guy most responsible for the big TD run, because at the snap he failed to maintain his gap responsibility, allowing a huge hole for Rice to cut back into.

Houston and Sheffield are both faster, quicker and more athletic than Andy Studebaker.

If either, or both, can show something in run and pass coverage, Studebaker should be relegated to bench duty.

The secondary starters are just balls.

Depth......eh......Can we end the Quienton Lawrence project?

He looks like William Bartee revisited.

On offense, Dwayne Bowe looks even more focused than last year.

Jon Asomaoh looks rock solid.

He was pushed back into the pocket a couple of times by Ngata, but overall, he was winning the battles against whoever he was lined up against for most of the night.

Hudson also looked rock solid, and he shouldn't be sitting behinf Casey Weigman for more than a handful of games.

One of the reasons I hated hiring Bill Muir is the fact that he's always subscribed to cut blocking as a great tool in pass protect, but the DEs these days are just to athletic to attempt to cut block.

Every time Albert or Richardson attempted it, they simply got beat, and Albert got hurt when hit in the head by a knee.

When, however, they stayed on their feet and got their hands on their man, they did a nice job.

We need Gaither and Harris to stay healthy, cause after those guys, the only O-Lineman worth holding onto is David Mims, and he's a big project.

Saul Good
08-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Its interesting to me that we are talking about a 6th rounder as a major contributor. It seems like its a foregone conclusion that. He will make the team.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Its interesting to me that we are talking about a 6th rounder as a major contributor. It seems like its a foregone conclusion that. He will make the team.

He was pick number 199 (Tom Brady Pick)

the Talking Can
08-20-2011, 01:14 PM
yeah, jackson looked solid...which is all i'm asking for, just don't get manhandled...

i think our run D will be top 10 this year

Frankie
08-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Hudson also looked rock solid, and he shouldn't be sitting behinf Casey Weigman for more than a handful of games.

That should work out perfectly. CW is only good for half a season anyway.

philfree
08-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Any chance Powe can play some 5-tech? With him and Gregg in the game we could be really stout up front. No all the time just as a sub package.

Frankie
08-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Any chance Powe can play some 5-tech? With him and Gregg in the game we could be really stout up front. No all the time just as a sub package.

He's built as a NT.

milkman
08-20-2011, 01:58 PM

After Gregg and Powe, the depth at NT is veil thin.

You don't want to wear these guys out playing them anywhere other than the nose.

If Tyson Jackson plays as well as he did last night, with Dorsey, Gilberry, Bailey and Amon Gordon, who just keeps flashing in the two games, we have enough talent for the DE rotation.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 02:05 PM
nah ... the only time i want Powe and Gregg on the field together is in some kind of super jumb goal line package. Even then they will both be inside DT's.

we've added strength and beef to our DL this year hopefully.

Gregg,Powe,Bailey all bring more power to our DL

philfree
08-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Just a thought. Powe is so athletic for a man his size I thought it might a possibility.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Just a thought. Powe is so athletic for a man his size I thought it might a possibility.
not a bad idea ... Baltimore uses Ngata at DE

maybe when we have a more stable NT situation

Hoover
08-20-2011, 02:17 PM
I think in three years when we learn that the Chiefs almost traded them for 3rd round picks will piss a lot of people off.

digger
08-20-2011, 04:58 PM
For every Powe tackle in my mind all I hear is **<cite>Skadoosh** </cite>Kung Fu Panda style.

Bump
08-20-2011, 04:59 PM
I think Powe looks badass!

T-post Tom
08-20-2011, 05:06 PM
I just finished watching my recording of this game, and this thread seems a good place to make my observations, starting with Powe.

The guy is clearly strong, as illustrated by the fact that he's holding his own aganst the OL even though he's playing too high.

When he learns to play low and get under the pads, he is going to be absolute beast.

He splits a double team, reads the play and shows great speed for a man his size, running about 15 yards to make the stop.

Tyson Jackson was really active, getting push and pressure against the pass, and shedding blocks to make tackles against the run.

Jovan Belcher and DJ both played with outstanding gap discipline and were a big part of keeping Rice in check when they were in.

DeMorrio Williams, I thought, was the guy most responsible for the big TD run, because at the snap he failed to maintain his gap responsibility, allowing a huge hole for Rice to cut back into.

Houston and Sheffield are both faster, quicker and more athletic than Andy Studebaker.

If either, or both, can show something in run and pass coverage, Studebaker should be relegated to bench duty.

He was pushed back into the pocket a couple of times by Ngata, but overall, he was winning the battles against whoever he was lined up against for most of the night.

One of the reasons I hated hiring Bill Muir is the fact that he's always subscribed to cut blocking as a great tool in pass protect, but the DEs these days are just to athletic to attempt to cut block.

Every time Albert or Richardson attempted it, they simply got beat, and Albert got hurt when hit in the head by a knee.

When, however, they stayed on their feet and got their hands on their man, they did a nice job.

We need Gaither and Harris to stay healthy, cause after those guys, the only O-Lineman worth holding onto is David Mims, and he's a big project.

Good post. Agree on all accounts.

Count Alex's Wins
08-20-2011, 05:08 PM
I didn't even realize Sheffield was that athletic...or fast. The dude is fucking HUGE for having that kind of explosion.

unlurking
08-20-2011, 05:16 PM
For every Powe tackle in my mind all I hear is **<cite>Skadoosh** </cite>Kung Fu Panda style.
Fuck. I hate Tribal's nickname. Absolutely hate it. It fits, but it still sucks.

This is going to be like a song in my head. If I hear mother fuckin' Jack Black in my head next time I watch a game, I'm coming for you.

Frankie
08-20-2011, 05:48 PM
****. I hate Tribal's nickname. Absolutely hate it. It fits, but it still sucks.

This is going to be like a song in my head. If I hear mother ****in' Jack Black in my head next time I watch a game, I'm coming for you.

Off topic, but I hated the first Kung Fu Panda and so I never even bothered with the second. Just because of what you just mentioned.

Mizzou_8541
08-20-2011, 09:26 PM

Wow, thanks for that analysis, Milkman. I find it humorous that the average CP'er knows more about football than many in the media whom are paid to cover the Chiefs. :thumb:

Bump
08-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow, thanks for that analysis, Milkman. I find it humorous that the average CP'er knows more about football than many in the media whom are paid to cover the Chiefs. :thumb:

ya, it should be a requirement to be a long term fan of the KC teams to get a job as a big time journalist there. Are there really no sports fans that went to college for journalism? It seems that some guy from New York will get a job at the Seattle newspaper and shit like that.

Three7s
08-20-2011, 09:45 PM
ya, it should be a requirement to be a long term fan of the KC teams to get a job as a big time journalist there. Are there really no sports fans that went to college for journalism? It seems that some guy from New York will get a job at the Seattle newspaper and shit like that.
There are quite a few in this forum that know way more than some of the "ass clowns" in the media, KC and worldwide. Without a journalism degree, about the best shot is just to make a blog and hope it becomes huge.

I'd rather read milkman's analysis of the game than some idiot like Mellinger anytime.

Brianfo
08-20-2011, 09:49 PM

You sir are why I read this forum. Excellent analysis and think you are spot on most of the time. My only argument is that I still think Cassell can be a good QB. My rep will hang on that.

milkman
08-20-2011, 09:52 PM
You sir are why I read this forum. Excellent analysis and think you are spot on most of the time. My only argument is that I still think Cassell can be a good QB. My rep will hang on that.

I never argued that Cassel can't be a good QB.

He still has to improve his mechanics, and make quicker reads.

My big problem with Cassel was that he was project that would be at or approaching 30 before we see it completed, if he does become a good QB.

Bump
08-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Powe is gonna rape all season long!

Fruit Ninja
08-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Hopefully, Cassel can be a Trent Green like get it kinda late. Trent was not the best, but he was good enough, we just didnt have a defense that was worth a shit. haha

WE will see.

Mr. Laz
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aSoMMycJX0w/TT4E2j8JF9I/AAAAAAAAAv0/8vCQoWTbHnA/s1600/Wushi+Finger+Hold.jpg

beach tribe
A lot of people will never be happy with T Jack because of where he was picked, but I think he's going to be a monster with Gregg beside him, and I mean a real fucking handful.
He's big, strong, and pretty damn nimble. I really don't see bailey wrestling the starting job away from him. You can call me crazy, but I just watched the SD game again, and I think he's just scratching the surface of his potential.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 09:57 PM

My big problem with Cassel was that he was project that would be at or approaching 30 before we see it completed, if he does become a good QB.
tbh it looks like Cassel doesn't even make any post snap reads. He decides where he is going to throw it before the ball is snapped.

is that because he gets killed if he holds the ball for more than 1.4 seconds? Maybe, but a passing game without post snap adjustments isn't going have any consistency.

milkman
08-20-2011, 09:57 PM
A lot of people will never be happy with T Jack because of where he was picked, but I think he's going to be a monster with Gregg beside him, and I mean a real ****ing handful.
He's big, strong, and pretty damn nimble. I really don't see bailey wrestling the starting job away from him. You can call me crazy, but I just watched the SD game again, and I think he's just scratching the surface of his potential.

I'll be content with Jackson if he can play consistently as well as he played last night.

He'll never match the value of his draft spot, but that is something I have no control over, and is just water under the bridge at this point.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 09:58 PM
A lot of people will never be happy with T Jack because of where he was picked, but I think he's going to be a monster with Gregg beside him, and I mean a real fucking handful.
there have many people giving TJAX his credit for the Baltimore game.

He looked good against a very physical team

BossChief
08-20-2011, 10:00 PM
is that because he gets killed if he holds the ball for more than 1.4 seconds? .

you guys overstate this more than anything else I have read on the planet my whole time here.

Id be willing to bet any amount of real money that more than half of Cassels sacks came after 4 seconds.

milkman
08-20-2011, 10:00 PM
tbh it looks like Cassel doesn't even make any post snap reads. He decides where he is going to throw it before the ball is snapped.

is that because he gets killed if he holds the ball for more than 1.4 seconds? Maybe, but a passing game without post snap adjustments isn't going have any consistency.

He did look singularly focused last night, but he did also have games last season when he did make reads and adjustments.

And for as bad as you believe this O-Line to be, I counted numerous times in almost every game last year when he held the ball for 4 to 5 seconds.

beach tribe
08-20-2011, 10:04 PM
I'll be content with Jackson if he can play consistently as well as he played last night.

He'll never match the value of his draft spot, but that is something I have no control over, and is just water under the bridge at this point.

Yeah, It's hard to justify any 5-tech at that spot, but I think he's going to be a big time contributor to this defense, and a ton of players from the first round of that draft have turned out to be dog shit. TJ could easily emerge as one of the best players from that opening round, when many here never gave him a chance to be anything more than a bust, and many have said if they could get a third for him they would do it in a second. If we can get consistent first round production out of him, It's a win Period.

MOhillbilly
08-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Bottom line this d and run game will make this club compete. The question is if zorn can squeeze every ounce of talent out of casshole to put the w in the poke when it counts?

Saul Good
08-20-2011, 10:57 PM

There's no such thing as a post snap read on a 3 step drop other than to throw the pass or throw it away.

NJChiefsFan
08-20-2011, 11:57 PM
As mentioned that screen read by Powe was really impressive. So many times, especially young guys, they just attack and don't notice the things going on around them. As Milkman said, that was my favorite defensive play of the game.

If Powe turns into a player where we can avoid using a 1st or 2nd on a NT that would be great, although we still need a solid guy beyond him. Its nice to be able to narrow down the amount of positions we NEED to use a 1st or 2nd on. Used to be we used 1st through 7th rounder looking for starters. Now we are almost where after 1st or 2nd round, we are looking for depth. That is if Powe, Houston, and Belcher are good enough at those spots.

Willie Lanier
08-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Powe looks like a UT playing NT, but that is to be expected. He has talent but it's frustrating watching him miss his gap assignments.

Houston looked great in spurts, but that was against the second team, so I'll temper my enthusiasm.

Studebaker looked more than servicable, even savy at times...

Willie Lanier
08-21-2011, 04:01 AM
And Belcher looked awful... misread his gap assignment several times...

kstater
08-21-2011, 05:58 AM

My big problem with Cassel was that he was project that would be at or approaching 30 before we see it completed, if he does become a good QB.. I've never understood this argument. If you think a qb is the guy to lead you to a sb, what's the difference if he does it at that level for 6 years or 10 years? Qbs with that ability are so rare.

milkman
08-21-2011, 06:15 AM
. I've never understood this argument. If you think a qb is the guy to lead you to a sb, what's the difference if he does it at that level for 6 years or 10 years? Qbs with that ability are so rare.

The difference is that a QB that begins to reach his potential at 25 gives you a window for 12-13 years instead of just 6 or 7.

Tom Brady probably has 3 good years left, which means that the Patriots have been and will be SB contenders for 15 years, and assuming Cassel hits his stride this year, we'll have about a 6 year window, only 3 years beyond the Patriots window with Brady.

We've had crap at QB for so long, I would just like to have some stability and a long window.

Easy 6
08-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Powes had a couple eye opening plays in every game, he should've never fallen so far.

Too many clubs worrying about his mastery of the english language & not how well he plays football.

Coogs
08-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Last year opposing QBs simply took a few steps forward to avoid Hali coming off the end. I didn't see the Ravens QBs avoid the rush by stepping forward when Powe and Gregg were in the game.

This was a glaring weakness that needed fixed, and it appears thruogh 2 games that we are on the right path. One one of Houston's two sacks, you could see the Ravens QB felt the pressure comming from Houston, and tried to step up into the pocket, but there was no pocket there as Powe had collapsed it right back into the QB's lap. :toast:

Dave Lane
08-21-2011, 11:02 AM
The difference is that a QB that begins to reach his potential at 25 gives you a window for 12-13 years instead of just 6 or 7.

Tom Brady probably has 3 good years left, which means that the Patriots have been and will be SB contenders for 15 years, and assuming Cassel hits his stride this year, we'll have about a 6 year window, only 3 years beyond the Patriots window with Brady.

We've had crap at QB for so long, I would just like to have some stability and a long window.

I'd like to have 3.7 trillion dollars deposited into my bank account.

I don't think anyone on this site wouldn't love to have the next Tom Brady the question is how...

BossChief
08-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Powe looks like a UT playing NT, but that is to be expected. He has talent but it's frustrating watching him miss his gap assignments. Two years ago, Powe played the typical nose position in the Ole Miss defense and was more than effective doing so. He was thought of as a high draft pick because of his effectiveness playing a 2 gap nose.

Last year, they had him playing as a under tackle and tried to make him shoot gaps and be disruptive and it didnt really work out too well. It just wasnt playing to his strengths.

When you do the math as to how many teams run a 2 gap 3-4 defense...how many would shy away from a player due to the rumors about his learning disorder...the fact that he wasn't scheme diverse and really only fit certain defenses....and how many teams didn't want to gamble on production from over a year ago, that's when you can really appreciate the work Pioli did in this draft in letting Powe fall...knowing he had done his homework and that he likely knew he could get him at a lower cost due to these issues.

I bet Pioli had Powe pegged as a guy that was only on the radar for a handful (or less) of NFL teams and that the information he got from Lewis and DMC likely gave him far more insight into him as a player that fit what they were trying to do a lot better than most thought.

In short, your comment was completely wrong.

And Belcher looked awful... misread his gap assignment several times...

Im glad we have someone here at the planet that knows what a ILBs assignment was on every play!

BTW, that is just a dumb comment.

Belcher played one hell of a game and the fact you couldn't see that isn't surprising.

BossChief
08-21-2011, 11:14 AM

I don't think anyone on this site wouldn't love to have the next Tom Brady the question is how...

we have him

Shane Falco is the bomb diggity

bringbackmarty
08-21-2011, 11:31 AM
The best possible outcome for all concerned would be him only playing about 5 snaps in the fourth quarter of each if our games. During which at least some of the time he engages in relaxed friendly conversation with his defensive teammates. Meanwhile, our offense is picking up first downs, and bleeding clock to protect our growing lead.

Frankie
08-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Im glad we have someone here at the planet that knows what a ILBs assignment was on every play!

Hey man. Quit the sarcasm. You are talking to Willie ****ing Lanier!

milkman
08-21-2011, 02:44 PM

I get that you aren't just going out and pick up a Tom Brady on the street.

My point is, I'd like to see the Chiefs actually make the necessary effort to draft and develop a QB when the opportunity presents itself, and they haven't tried since Blackledge.

The Ravens missed on Kyle Boller, but that didn't stop them from trading up to draft Flacco just few short years after.

The Chargers thought they missed on Brees, after missing on Leaf just a short time before that, but they still drafted Rivers just 3 years later.

But the Chiefs still shy away from the first round QB because they missed nearly 3 decades ago.

BossChief
08-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Shit, Elway lead his team to like 2 superbowls and they drafted a first round quarterback in 1992.

Tommy Maddox, but still.

You never stop looking for that guy.

keg in kc
08-21-2011, 03:19 PM
But the Chiefs still shy away from the first round QB because they missed nearly 3 decades ago.I get what you're saying, but somehow I doubt that Pioli and/or Clark are making any draft decisions based on Todd Blackledge. Maybe if Lamar was still around, but even that's probably a stretch.

Frankie
08-21-2011, 03:20 PM
The Chargers thought they missed on Brees, after missing on Leaf just a short time before that, but they still drafted Rivers just 3 years later.

Not to deviate from your point. I think the Chargers drafted Eli Manning and when he didn't like it they traded him to the Giants for Rivers whom the Giants had just drafted plus something else.

Mk19
08-21-2011, 03:24 PM
I get what you're saying, but somehow I doubt that Pioli and/or Clark are making any draft decisions based on Todd Blackledge. Maybe if Lamar was still around, but even that's probably a stretch.

I don't think milkman is saying that Todd Blackledge is the reason they haven't, he just wants to see them at least give it a shot.

milkman
08-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Not to deviate from your point. I think the Chargers drafted Eli Manning and when he didn't like it they traded him to the Giants for Rivers whom the Giants had just drafted plus something else.

I'm fully aware of how that played out.

Eli had stated well before the draft that he wouldn't sign with the Chargers.

They also knew the Giants coveted Eli.

They took Eli knowing full well that the Giants would draft Rivers and work a trade.

milkman
08-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I get what you're saying, but somehow I doubt that Pioli and/or Clark are making any draft decisions based on Todd Blackledge. Maybe if Lamar was still around, but even that's probably a stretch.

I don't disagree with that.

I actually don't believe the reason that Carl avoided QBs in the draft had anything to do with Blackledge.

That's a line simply to make a point.