PDA

View Full Version : Football Tebow in danger of sliding to No. 3 on the depth chart

T-post Tom
08-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Proof once again that God hates Denver ;)

Tebow in danger of sliding to No. 3 on the depth chart
Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT

With the question of whether Tim Tebow will be the starting quarterback for the Broncos in 2011 now settled (he won’t be), the next question becomes whether Tebow will hold the No. 2 position behind Kyle Orton.

Tebow possibly won’t.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that, since the preseason opener, Quinn has been taking as many second-team reps as Tebow. Lately, Quinn has been taking second-team reps before Tebow. At a walk-through in advance of Saturday night’s game, Orton ran the “first-half” offense and Quinn led the “second-half offense.”

Quinn has even been taking some snaps with the first-team red zone offense.

Coach John Fox hasn’t said who’ll replace Orton in the second preseason game on Saturday night against the Bills. “That will be a game-time decision,” Fox said. “From a competitive standpoint, we can talk about that after the game, not before the game.”

It’s unclear how the locals will react if Tebow slides behind Quinn. The bigger question is whether and to what extent the Broncos will clamor for Tebow if/when the Broncos slide out of contention under Orton.

At some point, the Broncos need to see what Tebow can do, because at some point the fans will demand it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/tebow-in-danger-of-sliding-to-no-3-on-the-depth-chart/

Count Zarth
08-20-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/jesus-christ-claims-tim-tebow-not-ready-to-be-nfl,21167/

Jesus Christ Claims Tim Tebow Not Ready To Be NFL Starter
AUGUST 20, 2011 |

DENVER—Jesus Christ, noted Son of God and football analyst proclaimed Monday that second-year Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow lacks the pocket presence, arm strength, and passing accuracy necessary to be a starter in the NFL. “Tim’s place is at the right hand of the other backups on the bench, and his earthly works show that he deserves to dwell there all the days of his life,” said Lord and Savior of all mankind, adding, ““It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for Tim Tebow to complete a pass against the Cover-2”. “For Tebow must have faith in coach Fox’s plan, and pay his dues by wearing the headset, and by calling in plays from the clipboard while watching from the sidelines.” Christ also asked Tebow to stop praying to Him and asking to be made the number one quarterback in the depth chart, claiming “that’s never going to ****ing happen.”

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-20-2011, 04:18 PM
AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Look at Stink breaking news. RT @markschlereth: Tonight Brady Quinn takes over as #2 QB for Broncos. Tebow goes to #3!

KCrockaholic
08-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I laugh my ass off every time I see a Tebow jersey. How'd it feel to throw away $45 or sometimes $250 on a 2nd/3rd string QB?

warrior
08-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Soon to be a fullback.

Marcellus
08-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Water is wet, the sky is blue, Tebow sucks as an NFL QB, what else is new?

Von Dumbass
08-20-2011, 04:33 PM
I hope he is #3 in the regular season so we can sub him for Orton in the redzone whenever we want.

Plus Brady Quinn played lightsout against Dallas so he deserves the #2 spot right now.

Marcellus
08-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I hope he is #3 in the regular season so we can sub him for Orton in the redzone whenever we want.

Plus Brady Quinn played lightsout against Dallas so he deserves the #2 spot right now.

That's quite the reversal KnowMo. Have whiplash?

SNR
08-20-2011, 04:37 PM
You Chiefs fans are so afraid of Tim Tebow that you mock him every chance you get!

Keep it up. Remember, Tebow Christ can see everything. He reads your comments and will use it as motivation :)

Von Dumbass
08-20-2011, 04:38 PM
That's quite the reversal KnowMo. Have whiplash?

Orton and Quinn would start for half the NFL. Tebow can be great but everyone knew he would take a year or two to get ready, Aaron Rodgers and Rivers needed time and they turned out ok.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Orton and Quinn would start for half the NFL. Tebow can be great but everyone knew he would take a year or two to get ready, Aaron Rodgers and Rivers needed time and they turned out ok.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Saul Good
08-20-2011, 04:40 PM
What would be the highest pick you'd be willing to trade in order to get Tebow? Is he worth a 5th rounder? Would you Stanzi for him even up?

Saul Good
08-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Orton and Quinn would start for half the NFL.

Start cleaning out their lockers, maybe.

swayy07
08-20-2011, 04:41 PM

you sir must be smokin that gooooooood shit

-King-
08-20-2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.thesportslion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/tim-tebow-jesus-jersey.jpg

Mr. Arrowhead
08-20-2011, 04:42 PM

LMAO thats why the Browns got rid of Quinn

T-post Tom
08-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Orton and Quinn would start for half the NFL. Tebow can be great but everyone knew he would take a year or two to get ready, Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith needed time and they turned out ok.

FYP :D

SNR
08-20-2011, 04:48 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers was never 3rd string behind Kyle Orton and Brady fucking Quinn.

2. Nobody ever doubted Rodgers' natural talent and physical ability to play QB in the pros. They only doubted if he could learn proper footwork and improve his decision-making skills.

3. Brady Quinn would NOT start for half the teams in the NFL. You're being silly.

4. Just when I think you have quieted your mind from all the grand delusions of Bronco glory, I get a gem like this and am reminded that you, Knowmo, are the gift that keeps on giving around here.

Okie_Apparition
08-20-2011, 04:57 PM
There was some sports reporter out of Denver(most be Nick "Assclown" Athanish). That although Quinn was the solid #2, the team would play Tebow with the #2s to placate the fans.

THe message that would send the rest of the team would kill the season before it even started. ELWAY FOREVER!!

Count Zarth
08-20-2011, 04:59 PM
lol @ Maners

Maybe they are thinking if he plays amazing against the third team that people will want him to start even more, and then they HAVE to start him. I know it's a ridiculous pipe dream, but one can only hope.

Hog Farmer
08-20-2011, 05:06 PM
:LOL:Tebow!

-King-
08-20-2011, 05:08 PM

When can't you do that when he's #2?

Or...now stay with with me here... how about he's the #1 the whole game and doesn't need to be subbed in?

Oh wait, I know that answer to that, he sucks!

Mr. Flopnuts
08-20-2011, 05:12 PM

ROFL Every single time I think you've hit rock bottom, you just keep digging for China. You're gonna get there one of these days, son. You just keep on diggin.

RedNeckRaider
08-20-2011, 05:15 PM
ROFL Every single time I think you've hit rock bottom, you just keep digging for China. You're gonna get there one of these days, son. You just keep on diggin.

He takes homer to a level I have never seen~

the Talking Can
08-20-2011, 05:20 PM
never heard of using a FB for a 3rd QB

Count Zarth
08-20-2011, 05:22 PM
HELL YEAH BROS

TUNE IN FOR THIRD STRING ACTION

http://i51.tinypic.com/2v128n7.jpg

Saul Good
08-20-2011, 05:23 PM

If he's #3 in the regular season, the other QBs can't come back into the game once Tebow takes a snap.

FD
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
If he's #3 in the regular season, the other QBs can't come back into the game once Tebow takes a snap.

They got rid of that rule.

MIAdragon
08-20-2011, 05:35 PM

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_let0b60an61qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

milkman
08-20-2011, 05:38 PM
never heard of using a FB for a 3rd QB

Well, there was a punter for the Jets or the Pats (can't remember now) that was the third string QB about 20-30 years ago.

Damn my memory.

Tom ?something.

milkman
08-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Tupa.

That's it.

Tom Tupa.

listopencil
08-20-2011, 05:44 PM
You guys crack me up. Some of you repeated over and over again that Tebow wouldn't be ready to come in and start for a couple years, now that it's happening you're wetting yourselves. Quinn is more like Orton than Tebow is, and Tebow isn't ready to start yet. So you build your Offense around the guy that won the starting job. Then you put the guy in at #2 that has the same skill set so you don't have to change the Offense if the starter goes down. When Tim Tebow can earn the starting position, then you can build the Offense around him.

MIAdragon
08-20-2011, 05:45 PM
You guys crack me up. Some of you repeated over and over again that Tebow wouldn't be ready to come in and start for a couple years, now that it's happening you're wetting yourselves. Quinn is more like Orton than Tebow is, and Tebow isn't ready to start yet. So you build your Offense around the guy that won the starting job. Then you put the guy in at #2 that has the same skill set so you don't have to change the Offense if the starter goes down. When Tim Tebow can earn the starting position, then you can build the Offense around him.

you really think thats going to happen??

Marcellus
08-20-2011, 05:48 PM

Say this outloud to yourself and see what you think.

2nd year pro, 1st round draft pick QB, is 3rd string QB.

Sounds awesome.

Frankie
08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
What would be the highest pick you'd be willing to trade in order to get Tebow? Is he worth a 5th rounder? Would you Stanzi for him even up?

I would not give up Stanzi for Tebow. But I would give a low 5th to a high 6th for Tebow. He could be a FB who can throw the ball every once in a while in a gimmick play.

Count Zarth
08-20-2011, 05:51 PM

6/7

91 yards

BENCHED

Elway wants no part of Tebow starting for your team.

He wants Andrew Luck real bad, and QB Jesus isn't gonna stand in his way.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Water is wet, the sky is blue, Tebow sucks as an NFL QB, what else is new?

CP is still obsessed with Tebow?

JD10367
08-20-2011, 05:55 PM
For Tebow, being demoted is the best thing that can happen to him. Denver sucks balls, and they don't want him there because he's Little Joshie's pick, not the current regime's. It's not Tebow's fault McDingdong took him in the 1st round. If Tebow had gone in the 3rd round, to another team, he'd probably be developing in quiet obscurity as a solid backup. But when you get drafted in the 1st and anointed the savoir, and then the guy who drafted you gets canned, you're just set up for failure.

Fear not, Tebow. Belichick will probably trade Brian Hoyer to Indy for a 2nd rounder, and then trade Denver a 5th rounder for you, and in another year or two you'll be the backup everyone wants to sign. LMAO

RedNeckRaider
08-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Tupa.

That's it.

Tom Tupa.

Ray Guy held that position over the years, if I recall right he was 2nd string once all due to injuries~