PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Haley, Harbaugh shrug off post-game disagreement

Tribal Warfare
08-21-2011, 05:31 AM
Haley, Harbaugh shrug off post-game disagreement (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/20/3088141/haley-harbaugh-downplay-post-game.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

For at least the second occasion in his brief time with the Chiefs, Todd Haley got into a post-game disagreement with the opposing head coach.

It happened this time after Friday night’s 31-13 preseason loss to the Ravens in Baltimore. Haley and his Baltimore counterpart, John Harbaugh, appeared to have some cross words during their brief post-game meeting on the field.

The Ravens had a favorable result safely tucked away when they got the ball back leading 24-13 with 1:18 remaining. Rather than have their quarterback kneel after the snap a couple of times, Harbaugh had the Ravens attacking.

Quarterback Hunter Cantwell threw a 38-yard pass on the Ravens’ first play of the drive and Baltimore later called timeout to set up a one-yard touchdown run by Anthony Allen with five seconds left in the game.

“I want to apologize to the Chiefs if they feel we were not doing the right thing at the end of the game,’’ Harbaugh said in his post-game remarks. “If this had been the regular season, we would have been on a knee. The idea in this situation is to give the young guys who work hard and who are trying to make the football team, this football team or another football team, to play the whole 60 minutes and give them a chance to show what they can do . ..I know that’s debatable. I know there are points of view both ways.

“I think (Haley) said something like, ‘I don’t know about that’ and I understood that. I just said, ‘Preseason, preseason for the young guys.’ And he said, ‘OK.’ ’’

For his part, Haley tried to downplay any clash with Harbaugh.

“I just control what we do,’’ Haley said shortly after game’s end. “There are probably guys out on the field that may have had limited opportunity. Coaches get very limited opportunity to evaluate (players) so their coach has to do what he has to do to get his team ready just like I’m trying to do what we have to do to get ours ready.’’

Haley had angry words and gestures for Denver coach Josh McDaniels after the Broncos routed the Chiefs last year.

OmahaChief
08-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Haley is such a little bitch sometimes. I had no problem with it knowing it was the preseason

Dick Bull
08-21-2011, 06:06 AM
Haley is such a little bitch sometimes. I had no problem with it knowing it was the preseason

The first rule about Haley is you don't talk about Haley.

He'll show up in your mirror at home if you keep it up.

Gonzo
08-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Haley had a point but like Harbaugh said, it's preseason... Who gives a fuck?
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
08-21-2011, 08:41 AM
You mean it was no big deal? Aww heck

milkman
08-21-2011, 08:45 AM
This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

When the game ended, Haley went across the field, shook hands with Harbaugh, and started to walk away.

Harbaugh followed and initiated conversation.

The story should center around why Harbaugh felt compelled to justify his decision.

penchief
08-21-2011, 08:58 AM

According to the details as they filter out, it appears your are assigning behavior to Haley that his is not guilty of.

It's astounding to me how many people have a bug up their ass about Haley. Dude has done nothing but turn the losing culture of this team around. Why any fan would be butthurt over that is puzzling to me.

Considering that he keeps his mouth shut when his detractors are babbling about things they know nothing about, I believe Haley has conducted himself with a good measure of integrity.

Okie_Apparition
08-21-2011, 09:01 AM
After watching a few pre-season games. Having to hear the hometown announcers all but go down on the field and take player's/coache's/owner's genitals in thier mouths.

What the fuck is wrong with this town of whinny media bitches?

OmahaChief
08-21-2011, 09:22 AM
According to the details as they filter out, it appears your are assigning behavior to Haley that his is not guilty of.

It's astounding to me how many people have a bug up their ass about Haley. Dude has done nothing but turn the losing culture of this team around. Why any fan would be butthurt over that is puzzling to me.

Considering that he keeps his mouth shut when his detractors are babbling about things they know nothing about, I believe Haley has conducted himself with a good measure of integrity.

It is not just one incident and you should know that. It was the deal last year and how he has treated others with disrespect.

I had to laugh at him turning the losing culture around here. The first year the dude was 4-12 and then against the pillow soft schedule we had last year we were 10-6 with a blitchslapping in the playoffs. Way to turn that losing culture around Todd!

Hated the hire when they brought him in and still do.

Red Beans
08-21-2011, 09:23 AM

When the game ended, Haley went across the field, shook hands with Harbaugh, and started to walk away.

The story should center around why Harbaugh felt compelled to justify his decision.

This is the real issue, perhaps he was considering his own reaction had the tables been turned...

gblowfish
08-21-2011, 09:39 AM
It is not just one incident and you should know that. It was the deal last year and how he has treated others with disrespect.

Coach Haley has treated others with disrespect? Seriously?

chris
08-21-2011, 09:41 AM

I had to laugh at him turning the losing culture around here. The first year the dude was 4-12 and then against the pillow soft schedule we had last year we were 10-6 with a blitchslapping in the playoffs. Way to turn that losing culture around Todd!

Careful.

Your silly "hate Haley" vendetta is making us fellow Mizzou (Rolla) grads look bad.

You need to get over that Lamar did not consult you before hiring Haley.

Chill.

penchief
08-21-2011, 10:33 AM

Who has he treated with disrespect? Much of what has been said and written has just been speculation by those who don't like him. Meanwhile, while those who don't like him repeat unsubstantiated accusations, he keeps his mouth shut. I guess I'm going to have to look up the definition of disrespect because it seems like one of us has it backwards.

He has clearly turned around the pussy self-entitled attitude this team had under Vermeil and Edwards. Anyone who can't see that is not being objective, in my humble opinion.

Still, it appears as though he did nothing wrong here. But you are going to chalk it up as more evidence supporting your dislike for him.

kstater
08-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Let me guess, he's too fat for your taste.

BCD
08-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Hated the hire when they brought him in and still do.Kindly go fuck yourself. Wash the sand out of your vagina when you're done, bitch.

boogblaster
08-21-2011, 10:47 AM
we could have fox ....

lcarus
08-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Here is what happened. After last years McDaniels incident, everyone now looks for any reason Haley might not be happy with an opposing coach and then watches to see if their "midfield handshake meeting" is anything other than 100% basic and normal. If it's not, there's a story. Give me a break.

JASONSAUTO
08-21-2011, 11:00 AM
What the fuck is wrong with this town of whinny media bitches?

Denver?
Posted via Mobile Device

scott free
08-21-2011, 11:08 AM

*Simon says* you are NOT going to Hollywood.

Monty
08-21-2011, 11:17 AM

That "losing culture" is centered squarely between your ears whether you'd like to admit that or not. Great place for it as there's nothing else taking up any space in there.

OmahaChief
08-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Name calling because I fail to share the same opinion...how original.

keg in kc
08-21-2011, 12:32 PM

The story should center around why Harbaugh felt compelled to justify his decision.Seriously. Haley did not say or do anything to indicate he was upset. We've seen angry Todd. He did not make an appearance at the handshake.

crazycoffey
08-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Name calling because I fail to share the same opinion...how original.

cause the "I'm more mature than you by calling you out for name calling" is more original?

mlyonsd
08-21-2011, 12:51 PM

The story should center around why Harbaugh felt compelled to justify his decision.I didn't see it but if this is true it is ridiculus.

KCrockaholic
08-21-2011, 12:53 PM
This whole thing has become completely retarded. These writers are just crying for something to talk about.

Chiefaholic
08-21-2011, 12:54 PM
This time I have to side with Harbaugh. This gave both teams an opportunity to see how the scrubs would react in a real game situation. A stop by the Chiefs or a score by the Ravens might have given 2-3 of those guys an opportunity to continue their career in the NFL with their current or future team.

BCD
08-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Name calling because I fail to share the same opinion...how original. This is Chiefsplanet. Act like a fucking moron, be called out for it.

Your opinion of Haley is completely baseless. Not to mention the fact that you share the opinion with meme.

Phobia
08-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Careful.

Your silly "hate Haley" vendetta is making us fellow Mizzou (Rolla) grads look bad.

You need to get over that Lamar did not consult you before hiring Haley.

Chill.

Lamar himself is still pissed not being consulted on the Haley hire.

chris
08-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Lamar himself is still pissed not being consulted on the Haley hire.

:)

milkman
08-21-2011, 02:04 PM
This time I have to side with Harbaugh. This gave both teams an opportunity to see how the scrubs would react in a real game situation. A stop by the Chiefs or a score by the Ravens might have given 2-3 of those guys an opportunity to continue their career in the NFL with their current or future team.

The cameras were pointed at Haley after the pass that put the Ravens on the 8 yard line, and it was clear that Haley was upset.

Without any evidence to suggest that he was pissed by the fact that the Ravens didn't take a knee, game announcers suggested that to be the reason.

Myself, I assumed the reason he was pissed was that the Chiefs defense failed to execute.

As I said earlier, at the end of the game, Haley gave no indication, at all, that he was pissed at Harbaugh.

He simply shook Harbaugh's hand and started to walk away.

Harbaugh initiated any and all conversation.

This is an issue because Harbaugh, without any provocation from Haley, felt compelled to justify himself.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-21-2011, 02:07 PM
how did haley bitch, all he said was "I dont know about that"

BigRock
08-21-2011, 02:24 PM
The cameras were pointed at Haley after the pass that put the Ravens on the 8 yard line, and it was clear that Haley was upset.

Without any evidence to suggest that he was pissed by the fact that the Ravens didn't take a knee, game announcers suggested that to be the reason.

The Chiefs' broadcast said Haley threw off his headset and was running down the sideline after the Ravens' deep pass because there was clear PI by the receiver. He was upset at the no-call.

The Chiefs' broadcast also shows a brief snippet of Haley and Harbaugh right after their handshake, and Haley clearly mouths "you gotta do what you gotta do" (or words to that effect). Which would suggest that, from the very get-go, Haley wasn't questioning anything Harbaugh did.

milkman
08-21-2011, 02:32 PM
The Chiefs' broadcast said Haley threw off his headset and was running down the sideline after the Ravens' deep pass because there was clear PI by the receiver. He was upset at the no-call.

The Chiefs' broadcast also shows a brief snippet of Haley and Harbaugh right after their handshake, and Haley clearly mouths "you gotta do what you gotta do" (or words to that effect). Which would suggest that, from the very get-go, Haley wasn't questioning anything Harbaugh did.

I got the Ravens broadcast, so I didn't get to see that, so tahnks for the info.

I will say this.

We complain about national broadcast teams, but watching these local broadcasts makes me appreciate those national games, if only for a while.