PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I know it's only preseason, but........

durtyrute
08-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Why does it seem like out of most of the teams in the league we are one of the only ones who fail to get anything done with our starting line up. I'm sure it'll change (hopefully) once the season starts, but I've been watching other teams go up and down the field while we're settling for FGs or punting our asses off.

LiveSteam
08-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Can you fart in the bathtub & bite the bubbles?

Pawnmower
08-21-2011, 06:57 PM
so glad you made this observation and took the time to watch the other 31 teams so carefully

thank god for you, sir

KC Tattoo
08-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Why does it seem like out of most of the teams in the league we are one of the only ones who fail to get anything done with our starting line up. I'm sure it'll change (hopefully) once the season starts, but I've been watching other teams go up and down the field while we're settling for FGs or punting our asses off.

Jamaal Charles needs more carries.

chief52
08-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Since 2005 the Colts are 4-24 in the preseason.

"If they start giving out trophies and people's jobs depend on preseason," general manager Chris Polian said, "we'd probably have to re-evaluate our approach at that point.

"But it doesn't (count).''

Over that stretch, they're a league-best 75-21 in the regular season.

Messier
08-21-2011, 07:04 PM

No, it won't change. We'll be the only team in the league that goes the whole season without scoring one TD. Sorry.

durtyrute
08-21-2011, 07:06 PM
so glad you made this observation and took the time to watch the other 31 teams so carefully

thank god for you, sir

doesn't everyone?

Count Zarth
08-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah our D got nothing accomplished in that game.

durtyrute
08-21-2011, 07:09 PM

"If they start giving out trophies and people's jobs depend on preseason," general manager Chris Polian said, "we'd probably have to re-evaluate our approach at that point.

The colts are a different animal. Behind Peyton they have shit, which is why they lose in the preseason. I'm sure when the starting offense is one the field they at least look like a good football team

Pawnmower
08-21-2011, 07:10 PM
doesn't everyone?

Yes, everyone watches every moment of every preseason game and is trained & expert enough to make the proper evaluations. Everyone knows exactly what the progress is and what is the purpose of each play call in terms of evaluating all of the myriad of players on each of the 32 NFL teams.

Thanks again for pointing this out.

durtyrute
08-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Yes, everyone watches every moment of every preseason game and is trained & expert enough to make the proper evaluations. Everyone knows exactly what the progress is and what is the purpose of each play call in terms of evaluating all of the myriad of players on each of the 32 NFL teams.

Thanks again for pointing this out.

No problem, catch up

BigMeatballDave
08-21-2011, 07:13 PM
:facepalm: how many of these fucking threads are we gonna get?

DaFace
08-21-2011, 07:17 PM
There are times that I wish this place didn't thrive on loose moderation so that I could just ban people just because I want to. This is one of those times.

KurtCobain
08-21-2011, 07:19 PM

seventy five and twenty one.

WOW

Must be nice.

KurtCobain
08-21-2011, 07:20 PM
There are times that I wish this place didn't thrive on loose moderation so that I could just ban people just because I want to. This is one of those times.

Rainman not giving you vacation days?

chief52
08-21-2011, 07:20 PM

I would support it...:clap:

Reerun_KC
08-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Give it time and it will be a full blown circle jerk with the usual guys bashing Cassel...

Messier
The colts are a different animal. Behind Peyton they have shit, which is why they lose in the preseason. I'm sure when the starting offense is one the field they at least look like a good football team

Do you think the Chiefs will look like this in the regular season? If not what's your point.

DaFace

This has nothing to do with my mood. I'm just sick of "the grass is greener" threads. They seem incredibly bad this year.

Brock
08-21-2011, 07:22 PM

Nobody's going to complain about it. Well, nobody of consequence.

Von Dumbass
08-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Buffalo and Dallas' first string offense didn't move the ball very well against Denver.

DaFace
08-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Nobody's going to complain about it. Well, nobody of consequence.

I know, but slippery slope and all that jazz. And this guy's not any worse than half of the people who are on this site, really.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 07:24 PM
This has nothing to do with my mood. I'm just sick of "the grass is greener" threads. They seem incredibly bad this year.

That's only because we're DOOOOOOOOMED!

durtyrute
08-21-2011, 07:24 PM

I know you guys like to post ghey polls about mens penis sizes and such, but I like football and want my team to do good. I can see that there are times when we look like shit and I'm sure you see it too, so what's wrong with asking the question? If you would like you could comment on a Micheal Irving poster, but i'll talk football.

Mr. Laz
08-21-2011, 07:25 PM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/

every thread a rainbow

Baconeater
I know you guys like to post ghey polls about mens penis sizes and such, but I like football and want my team to do good. I can see that there are times when we look like shit and I'm sure you see it too, so what's wrong with asking the question? If you would like you could comment on a Micheal Irving poster, but i'll talk football.
Micheal Irving? Yeah, you sure know your football.

DaFace

We've had 5-10 threads like these in the last couple weeks. It's preseason. Haley is approaching it differently than most other teams. End thread.

durtyrute
Do you think the Chiefs will look like this in the regular season? If not what's your point.

I'm not sure, the question was why do we look like shit now, not in three weeks.

Deberg_1990
I hate Big Preseason

ChiTown
08-21-2011, 07:26 PM

STFU

durtyrute
08-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Micheal Irving? Yeah, you sure know your football.

Hey dumbass, that was in response to the ghey Micheal Irving poster thread that was on here awhile back.

Dr. Facebook Fever
I hate Big Preseason

LMAO

Oh and who's Michael Irving?

Brock
Same thing every year.

durtyrute
08-21-2011, 07:28 PM
LMAO

I spelled the name wrong, my bad

BigMeatballDave
08-21-2011, 07:28 PM

It's preseason football. STFU n00b

Messier
08-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Jamaal Charles is averaging 3.0 ypc. That's not good. Is anyone worried that he's due for a poor season?

Baconeater
08-21-2011, 07:30 PM
LMAO

:shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Irving

ChiTown
08-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Jamaal Charles is averaging 3.0 ypc. That's not good. Is anyone worried that he's due for a poor season?

I'd cut his ass and sign Jerome Bettis.

kysirsoze
08-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Buffalo and Dallas' first string offense didn't move the ball very well against Denver.

PROOF the preseason is meaningless.

Count Zarth
08-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Buffalo was carving off chunks in the running game.

It was pretty obvious they wanted to work on their passing game more.

Messier
08-21-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure, the question was why do we look like shit now, not in three weeks.

Are you worried that it will carry into the regular season?

Messier
08-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I'd cut his ass and sign Jerome Bettis.

I'm just concerned. Why is he only averaging 3.0 ypc? What's wrong with him?

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 07:34 PM
:shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Irving

Oh well then there ya go. Thanks Bug.

SNR
08-21-2011, 07:36 PM
The Chiefs look bad because the staff fed the players a diet rich in cellulose during training camp in St. Joe.

KurtCobain
08-21-2011, 07:38 PM
We suck.

The grass is not green.

DaFace
08-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Just for the record, these are the top five scoring teams thus far in the preseason. If anyone tries to argue that these are an accurate indicator of these teams' actual strength, I may be forced to choke a bitch.

New England Patriots
Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
St. Louis Rams
Miami Dolphins

Okie_Apparition
08-21-2011, 07:39 PM
I bet those other team's message boards will let you join

SNR
08-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Just for the record, these are the top five scoring teams thus far in the preseason. If anyone tries to argue that these are an accurate indicator of these teams' actual strength, I may be forced to choke a bitch.

New England Patriots
Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
St. Louis Rams
Miami Dolphins
These are an accurate indicator of these teams' actual strength

BigMeatballDave
08-21-2011, 07:41 PM

New England Patriots
Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
St. Louis Rams
Miami DolphinsI don't know about the Patriots, but the other 4 are ALWAYS near the league leaders in scoring...

DaFace
08-21-2011, 07:42 PM
These are an accurate indicator of these teams' actual strength

Well, you forced my hand.

KurtCobain
08-21-2011, 07:43 PM
But.... Billay says the Lions are going 19-0 this year!

ChiTown
08-21-2011, 07:44 PM
We suck.

The grass is not green.

Oh, it's green, but it's just artificial turf...........

Baconeater
08-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Damn, I'm glad SNR beat me to it because I was hovering over the Quote button.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Which is the worse offense around here?.... blind homer threads or god we suck threads...?

Or people who use to many (...) for no good reason...?

KurtCobain
08-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Damn, I'm glad SNR beat me to it because I was hovering over the Quote button.

I wouldn't dare try DaFace.

DaFace
08-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Which is the worse offense around here?.... blind homer threads or god we suck threads...?

Or people who use to many (...) for no good reason...?

What are you talking about...?

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 07:55 PM
What are you talking about...?

Nevermind... I was trying to post something footballish related... so you guys would like me... I can't do anything right for you people.................

Okie_Apparition
08-21-2011, 07:56 PM
I don't know why he left. No one called his boss or turned him into the DEA

Baconeater
08-21-2011, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't dare try DaFace.
Here, you do it.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7841721)

You're used to getting banned anyway.

KurtCobain
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Here, you do it.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7841721)

You're used to getting banned anyway.

You're thinking of someone else.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM

New England Patriots
Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
St. Louis Rams
Miami Dolphins

You sayin' the Rams aren't going to open a can of whoop ass this season?

:sulk:

DaFace
08-21-2011, 07:59 PM
OK, I feel bad now. I'll unban him.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:00 PM

I think technically he was saying they already are. See? It's all perspective.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:01 PM

You really banned durtyrute?

LMAO

Baconeater
You should at least change his username to SNaRc.

KurtCobain
I guess I'll take the banning to make DaFace's night better.

See you guys in a week.

Count Zarth

I think a light slap on the hand for stupid threads should be CP policy.

DaFace
08-21-2011, 08:02 PM
You really banned durtyrute?

LMAO

Na, I banned SNR.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:02 PM
I think technically he was saying they already are. See? It's all perspective.

You might have a point.

I think DaFace is gonna change my name later this week to LittleBoPeep again.

Whelp.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Na, I banned SNR.

Oh. Imagine that I missed something lol.

KurtCobain
08-21-2011, 08:04 PM
You might have a point.

I think DaFace is gonna change my name later this week to LittleBoPeep again.

Whelp.

No, you just want him to so you'll feel important. You gonna feel important when I drive across I-70 and expand your asshole?

DaFace
08-21-2011, 08:05 PM

Nope. I'm saying that the ranks have nothing to do with regular season performance. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:06 PM
No, you just want him to so you'll feel important. You gonna feel important when I drive across I-70 and expand your asshole?

Dude, I was in Independence today. Was there last night, too.

Nope. I'm saying that the ranks have nothing to do with regular season performance. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wasn't being serious...

I get your point, though. The Pats went 0-4 in the preseason in 2008 and the Lions went 4-0 in it that same year.

KurtCobain
08-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Dude, I was in Independence today. Was there last night, too.

No shit? You should've called me.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:09 PM
No shit? You should've called me.

I was at the Royals game, man.

Shoulda been there....

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:12 PM

Shoulda been there....

Were you rooting for the Red Sox? Because they didn't need any more help.

DaFace
I think that, what it comes down to, is that the average fan just doesn't understand that the preseason is about player evaluation - not team performance. It's valuable to see how individual players respond to different situations, but other than that, it's just a glorified practice. The lockout just amplified this issue.

KurtCobain

Shoulda been there....

Me and another CPer went to Wof friday. Could've got you in for 10 bucks.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Were you rooting for the Red Sox? Because they didn't need any more help.

Nope. It amazed me how many Red Sox fans were there.

Either most of them are bandwagon or someother shit.

SNR
08-21-2011, 08:13 PM
http://www.toplessrobot.com/sad_kitten.jpg

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Nope. It amazed me how many Red Sox fans were there.

Either most of them are bandwagon or someother shit.

Well it's easy to root for a good team and midwesterners want to be cool too.

milkman
08-21-2011, 08:15 PM

Okay, but can you make sure the bitch you choke is named Denise.

SNR
08-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Not only did I get banned, but nobody laughed at my durtyrute/cellulose joke.

DaFace
08-21-2011, 08:17 PM
http://www.toplessrobot.com/sad_kitten.jpg

ROFL

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Well it's easy to root for a good team and midwesterners want to be cool too.

Is it just me, or am I the only one to think parking sucks there?

I get that Arrowhead's right next to it and the lot is used for tailgating, but it was crazy as hell to get out.

milkman
08-21-2011, 08:18 PM

His job is a vacation/Rainman

KurtCobain
08-21-2011, 08:19 PM

I get that Arrowhead's right next to it and the lot is used for tailgating, but it was crazy as hell to get out.

It is crazy hell to get out. But it's fucking awesome.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:21 PM

I've never had an issue with parking... it's acres of flat, easy to walk territory. Getting out in the direction I actually want to go has been a pain in the ass many times... so I usually just hang around and wait for the rush to be gone and don't fight it.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:21 PM
It is crazy hell to get out. But it's ****ing awesome.

I could how see it would be awesome for football, yes.

I also believe they cut off parking for the lot right next to Kauffman, which sucked. If they had opened the lot next to Arrowhead, would have been easier to get out.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Hey Rams Fan, do you like the Edward Jones Dome? No this is not a set up to bash you or laugh if you say yes. I don't mind it but I know a lot of Rams fans who hate it. Personally I'd rather sit indoors than out in December and January but that's because I'm not a true fan.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Hey RamsFan, do you like the Edward Jones Dome? No this is not a set up to bash you or laugh if you say yes. I don't mind it but I know a lot of Rams fans who hate it. Personally I'd rather sit indoors than out in December and January but that's because I'm not a true fan.

I like it. They are trying to make it more of a fan friendly environment.

It's not an awful dome as people make it out to be, it's just that its become outdated considering all of the new stadiums and domes that have been built.

Would I like to see a new stadium with a retractable roof be built? Yes, but it probably won't happen unless Kroenke coughs up his $ to build a new stadium in the suburbs. I do think, however, that major renovations will be done to the Dome within the next 5 seasons.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Can you fart in the bathtub & bite the bubbles?

LMAO

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:35 PM
I like it. They are trying to make it more of a fan friendly environment.

It's not an awful dome as people make it out to be, it's just that its become outdated considering all of the new stadiums and domes that have been built.

Would I like to see a new stadium with a retractable roof be built? Yes, but it probably won't happen unless Kroenke coughs up his $ to build a new stadium in the suburbs. I do think, however, that major renovations will be done to the Dome within the next 5 seasons.

A couple things I don't care for about it is it seems more like a mall than a football stadium when you walk in and it seems dark in the actual stadium part... but those aren't a big thing to me. I do get a small kick out of being able to walk out of the stadium and get about 2 blocks away before you ever have to go outside if you go the right way lol. That kind of tripped me out the first time.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:38 PM
A couple things I don't care for about it is it seems more like a mall than a football stadium when you walk in and it seems dark in the actual stadium part... but those aren't a big thing to me. I do get a small kick out of being able to walk out of the stadium and get about 2 blocks away before you ever have to go outside if you go the right way lol. That kind of tripped me out the first time.

It looks way darker on T.V. than it does in person. I like walking out of the Dome in the winter right after a game, feels kinda cool and weird at the same time.

Pablo
08-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Edward Jones Dome smells like hobo piss and dirty mountain lion twat.

They need a retractable roof to air that bitch out.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Edward Jones Dome smells like hobo piss and dirty mountain lion twat.

They need a retractable roof to air that bitch out.

The retractable roof is a possibility, I think, but I don't know if the CVC will pay for that or not.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:43 PM
It looks way darker on T.V. than it does in person. I like walking out of the Dome in the winter right after a game, feels kinda cool and weird at the same time.

Agreed it is darker on tv than in person but I thought it was a little dark in person too the 2 times I've been there.

If you take enough wrong turns you can go thru the convention center I think it is (?) and shopping center before getting outside a half block from your car/parking garage lol. That was ok when it was 10 degrees.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Agreed it is darker on tv than in person but I thought it was a little dark in person too the 2 times I've been there.

If you take enough wrong turns you can go thru the convention center I think it is (?) and shopping center before getting outside a half block from your car/parking garage lol. That was ok when it was 10 degrees.

LMAO

As I've said, it feels weird yet cool when you go outside in the winter after you leave the Dome.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:51 PM
LMAO

As I've said, it feels weird yet cool when you go outside in the winter after you leave the Dome.

The luxury suites aren't bad though and the private bar areas are good... and getting free tickets for that was even better. The outdoor-yet-enclosed-and somewhat-heated smoking area was a nice find too... with the elevators to take you there. And watching the Saints the year they won the Super Bowl ended up cool looking back.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 08:54 PM
The luxury suites aren't bad though and the private bar areas are good... and getting free tickets for that was even better. The outdoor-yet-enclosed-and somewhat-heated smoking area was a nice find too... with the elevators to take you there. And watching the Saints the year they won the Super Bowl ended up cool looking back.

The Rams didn't play the Saints in '08, though?

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 08:57 PM

Well I'm wrong then but they played the Saints the last game I went to and I could swear the Saints won it later that year because we were all "hey cool we saw them." Maybe we were drunk.

Rams Fan
08-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Well I'm wrong then but they played the Saints the last game I went to and I could swear the Saints won it later that year because we were all "hey cool we saw them." Maybe we were drunk.

Would've been '09, then. They played them in St. Louis in '09.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 09:04 PM

Wiki says it was '09... Super Bowl season

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Would've been '09, then. They played them in St. Louis in '09.

This

Baconeater
08-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Thank God we got that cleared up.

Psyko Tek
08-21-2011, 10:19 PM

face, what is the use of having power if you can't abuse it every once inna while
go nuts someday and ban everybody that pisses you off, hell ban everybody that annoys you
every body with numbers in thier name what they gonna do ban you?

Guru
08-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Funny, I actually thought we made a lot of progress in this last game.

NJChiefsFan
08-22-2011, 01:08 AM
We did make progress. Our 1's played equal to their 1's, and our 2's played well against their 1's. Of course our 3's get killed by their 2's, run up the score, and people use that to judge the game. It doesn't make sense but its not really shocking when you see the outbursts that came from the Haley shake with Harbaugh and the locker room fight.

We ran a vanilla offense against a defense that blitzed nearly every play. Not to mention that its a very good defense we faced even without Lewis. You take away the hold from Pope on Jones' run and we could have had more points on the board. That drive looked decent up til that penalty.

Basically all the young players we all wanted to see played well. NT, OLB, on top of that maybe Belcher, Jackson, Cassel, and the Oline is what I am looking at in these games. All of those spots looked good on defense. Cassel was average, but to be fair the play-calls were asking him to take quick drops and make the first pass. The o-line, as pointed out in another thread, played decent enough for Cassel. The next game should be the most telling.

Most of the injuries aren't coming from practice or games, so Haley is getitng what he wants. To me, we arent getting over-powered like people thought we would having started out easy in practice. On top of that, we have 2 more games to get in sync more.