PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet We need to look for the successes and not be so negative

HonestChieffan
08-23-2011, 08:10 AM
This place is becoming a downer with all the stress, angst, partisan bickering, and such.

Lets focus on the wins and celebrate the progress.

Ill start:

(Fox News) — A federal stimulus grant of nearly $500,000 to grow trees and stimulate the economy in Nevada yielded a whopping 1.72 jobs, according to government statistics.

In 2009, the U.S. Forest Service awarded $490,000 of stimulus money to Nevada’s Clark County Urban Forestry Revitalization Project, aimed at revitalizing urban neighborhoods in the county with trees, plants, and green-industry training.

According to Recovery.gov, the U.S. government’s official website related to Recovery Act spending, the project created 1.72 permanent jobs. In addition, the Nevada state Division of Forestry reported the federal grant generated one full-time temporary job and 11 short-term project-oriented jobs.

It also resulted in the planting of hundreds of trees — which critics say is about the only good thing that came out of this stimulus project.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-23-2011, 08:23 AM
I see the changes, do you? Happy Happy Joy Joy!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ABWyXKT5qt4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ABWyXKT5qt4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Garcia Bronco
08-23-2011, 09:33 AM
To your point, until we start spreading the good news.. and no I not talking about God in this case.... we'll all have a sorry look of things.

Jaric
08-23-2011, 09:34 AM
This place is becoming a downer with all the stress, angst, partisan bickering, and such.

Lets focus on the wins and celebrate the progress.

I see what you did there...

FishingRod
08-24-2011, 10:43 AM
one full-time temporary job , LOL

blaise
08-24-2011, 02:06 PM
But, like, trees. And it's a green job.

Chief Henry
08-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Obama is still golfing...thats a positive.