PDA

View Full Version : WR/RB Sleepers

Cave Johnson
08-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Per the fabulously douchy Matthew Berry, 43% of the top 20 RBs and WRs (over the last 4 or so years) were drafted outside of the top 20.

Who ya got for upside middle/late round guys this year?

DTLB58
08-24-2011, 10:26 AM
RB-Dexter. I Have Jamaal Charles in my keeper league from last season and had Thomas Jones then. This season I'm going to try and draft Sexy Dexy. :clap:
We get to start 3 RB's. Also we are PPR.

WR-One of the Rams WR's Take your pick. I want it to be newly aquired Mike Sims Walker, but the dude is alrighty up to his old tricks from Jax, on the injury list, dropping balls the other night. So maybe Danny Amendola.

CrazyPhuD
08-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Whoever is backing up Foster.
James Starks in GB(although he has injury risk)
CJ Spiller
Beanie Wells
Reggie Bush
If he can get his head out of his ass....Marshawn Lynch.

Ceej
08-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Because it makes sense -- AND I drafted him in one my leagues I'll go with Mike Tolbert.

ngoc
09-07-2011, 02:56 AM
Denarius Moore - WR, OAK: rookie WR star of Raiders camp

Brandon Gibson - WR, STL: forgotten WR in great situation

Lee Evans - WR, BAL

Tim Hightower - RB, WAS: will start for WAS in RB friendly offense

Chris Wells - RB, ARI

DaKCMan AP
09-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Because it makes sense -- AND I drafted him in one my leagues I'll go with Mike Tolbert.

He's my #4 RB.

Last year I got Matt Forte in the 5th round and Arian Foster in the 7th. My guy this year is Benjarvis Green-Ellis who I got in round 4 and my #3 RB Ryan Grant whom I drafted in the 6th. I took Tolbert in round 8 and Shonn Greene at the end of round 3.

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Tim Hightower and Chris Wells are not sleepers. They're being drafted pretty high.

ChiefGator
09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
RB-Dexter. I Have Jamaal Charles in my keeper league from last season and had Thomas Jones then. This season I'm going to try and draft Sexy Dexy. :clap:
We get to start 3 RB's. Also we are PPR.

I wouldn't necessarily consider him a sleeper, but in Yahoo leagues with a shallow bench, McCluster has some real value, since in a terrible pinch he can fill in at either WR or RB. I'm definitely going to watch and see how he is used the first couple weeks, and may pick him up just to have an emergency backup that can sub into either of those positions.

WV
09-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Take your pick of the backups in NE....Ridley or Vereen.

Pestilence
09-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Take your pick of the backups in NE....Ridley or Vereen.

I picked Ridley.

MoreLemonPledge
09-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Brandon Gibson - WR, Rams
Delone Carter - RB, Colts
Stevan Ridley - RB, Patriots
Lance Kendricks - TE, Rams
Nate Burleson (if he counts) - WR, Lions
David Garrard if he ends up starting anywhere

Ceej
09-07-2011, 06:38 PM
He's my #4 RB.

Last year I got Matt Forte in the 5th round and Arian Foster in the 7th. My guy this year is Benjarvis Green-Ellis who I got in round 4 and my #3 RB Ryan Grant whom I drafted in the 6th. I took Tolbert in round 8 and Shonn Greene at the end of round 3.

Same with me. I figured Matthews will either get hurt again, or be pretty ineffective. MT is a good bet in goal-line situations too. He's not bad depth.

ngoc
09-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Must have been on crack because I don't know where I got Roberto from.

Hoover
09-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I think I would put Devery Henderson and Jordy Nelson on the list after last night.

MoreLemonPledge
09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I think I would put Devery Henderson and Jordy Nelson on the list after last night.

I'm not real high on Henderson. Lance Moore should be back next week, but I do think that Henderson will have some value if Colston misses much time.

Nelson is legit.

Pestilence
09-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Nelson is going to be a beast when Driver is gone.