PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - #5 Pick in a 10-Team League

Swanman
08-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Ok FF gurus and geniouses, help me out here. I have the dreaded 5 pick in a ten team league. It's a standard league with the QBs getting 6 points for TDs, no PPR or anything like that. I have been reading that taking a RB at 5 or below in the 1st is a risky proposition this year and that a QB may be a better bet in that spot unless a top 3 RB falls to 5. I am thinking unless Foster, Peterson or CJ (contract signed hopefully) falls to 5, then I am going QB. Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

The Franchise
08-25-2011, 08:58 AM
That's a tough one. You need to hope that someone in the top 5 believes that Chris Johnson is going to be ready in Week 1. If he gets taken....then you have a shot at one of the top 4 RBs.

Someone to look at....is Lesean McCoy. That Eagles offense is going to be good and he's going to get his touches. The no PPR hurts that though.

You could always go Rodgers and hope that you can grab some RB TD machines in the later rounds (Shonne Green, LeGarrette Blount, etc.)

Swanman
08-25-2011, 09:02 AM
At this point, unless the 1-4 folks go full retard and let either AP or Foster drop to me, I am thinking either Ray Rice or Aaron Rodgers. The more I read about Rice, the more I like him for this season (no McGahee or Mclain taking away his TDs).

The Franchise
08-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Just hope that Rice falls.....which he probably won't. You can always grab Rodgers though. I wouldn't touch CJ if he fell to #5.