PDA

View Full Version : Music Meatloaf live?

Nzoner
08-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Recently saw a live show of his from 2007 and there were a couple of songs where his voice kind of made me :( but then again he came back and belted out Bat Out Of Hell like he was still a young man.

I'm very excited because after all these years I'm finally seeing him live yet somewhat concerned.Has anyone here seen him recently and what did you think,I've been listening to his latest release 2010 again(videos below) and still like it but then again it is in the studio.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uEA7Ypl-NQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t-Hq6iuM8z8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod
08-25-2011, 11:00 AM
He's somebody I've always wanted to see, but at this point I'd be just as concerned about him dying on stage during the performance as no longer being able to hit the high notes.

Chiefnj2
08-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Saw him live about 20 years ago in a small venue when he was between comebacks. Good show. He gives a great effort.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Oh i would do anything for love......but i wont do that....

patteeu
08-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Did you see him yet? If so, how was it?

Nzoner
08-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Did you see him yet? If so, how was it?

Last night and overall it was a thumbs up incredible performance.Played for almost a solid 2 hours and only had very minor what I would call vocal setbacks and then it was only on a song or two for a brief moment.

At 63 he can still bring it,and that was laid to rest early on as he performed Bat Out Of Hell as the 3rd song and nailed it.I have to give major props to his backing band as well.

In fact for a little taste here's one song from last night's encore and as best as I can tell all the musicians except for the female vocals were the same.It's a cover of a song you might just recognize.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XlukfabwRuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rocknrolla
08-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I've been to a lot of shows in my day. But Meatloaf has always been one that I haven't been able to make it to. He is definitely towards the top of my list.

Nzoner
08-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I've been to a lot of shows in my day. But Meatloaf has always been one that I haven't been able to make it to. He is definitely towards the top of my list.

That was the same with me,I've loved his vocals since the days he was doing studio work with Ted Nugent on the Free-For-All album.Just glad this opportunity came around and I made the decision to go.

Nzoner
08-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Here's a great pic that was taken from atop Harrah's roof of the crowd Meatloaf brought in.

rocknrolla
08-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Nice shot. Was that in KC? If so, I can't believe no one from CP was there. I would have been there in a heart beat.

Nzoner
08-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Nice shot. Was that in KC? If so, I can't believe no one from CP was there. I would have been there in a heart beat.

Council Bluffs,Iowa

Boon
08-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Nzoner. A little off topic here but did you see that ZZ Top is playing the new arena in Dodge City KS? Armpit of the world, but good music. October I think.......