PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Federal Government Raids Gibson Guitars Under Indian Law While Continually Ignoring..

KILLER_CLOWN
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Federal Government Raids Gibson Guitars Under Indian Law While Continually Ignoring Internal Corruption

The Intel Hub
August 25, 2011

The Department Of Justice raided two Gibson Guitars manufacturing plants in the United States on Wednesday.

The raids were apparently justified not under United States law but under the corrupt Justice Departments interpretations of the law in India.

“The Federal Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. has suggested that the use of wood from India that is not finished by Indian workers is illegal, not because of U.S. law, but because it is the Justice Department’s interpretation of a law in India. (If the same wood from the same tree was finished by Indian workers, the material would be legal.) This action was taken without the support and consent of the government in India,” said Gibson in a press release on Thursday.

That’s right, two Gibson manufacturing facilities were raided by armed DOJ agents in an attempt to carry out the law of another country even though that country didn’t support it.

On top of that, armed agents in SWAT attire carried out the raid with no explanation and no charges filed.

In the press conference the company denied the allegations saying it did nothing illegal.

“We are in this really incredible situation where we have been implicated of wrong doing and we haven’t been charged with anything and our business has been injured millions of dollars.

We do not even have a court we could go to……there shutting us down, there’s no judge there’s no jury there’s no due process.”

Once again we see American businesses and citizens being raided and intimidated by a corrupt federal government!

This DOJ raid comes at the same time as the Department of Justice has openly accepted and participated in the the illegal transfer of thousands of firearms to Mexican Drug Cartels in an operation now infamously known as Fast and Furious.

The DOJ is also currently sanctioning numerous raids on legal medical marijuana dispensers by the DEA(an agency with known drug smuggling ties) yet they expect us to believe that they care about wood from India?

Whether or not there are other more serious reasons that the DOJ is actively targeting Gibson remains to be seen but considering the corruption in the Department Of Justice it seems ridiculous to believe they care about upholding an Indian law on wood.

Listen To Gibson CEO Henry E. Juszkiewicz At The Gibson Raid Press Conference:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5No0Sk9NIo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5No0Sk9NIo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

http://theintelhub.com/2011/08/25/federal-government-raids-gibson-guitars-under-indian-law-while-continually-ignoring-internal-corruption/

BucEyedPea
08-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I saw this over at Lew's. What a bunch of crap. Probably one of their competitors is behind it or they failed to bribe the right people in DC.
Our govt is so corrupt these days.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-26-2011, 03:42 PM
I saw this over at Lew's. What a bunch of crap.

Amazing amounts of crap for sure, i'm fairly speechless at this point. There must be more to it.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh my you are fast. I edited while you quoted. Not that it isn't also true.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-26-2011, 04:59 PM
The US Federal Government:

The dark side may have cookies, but everything is free for us.

RedNeckRaider
08-26-2011, 05:03 PM
They supply guitars to those rock and roll kids, and we all know that is the devils music~

BucEyedPea
08-26-2011, 05:07 PM
So much for free trade 'eh?

Brock
08-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Our government is a steaming pile of shit that should be overthrown.

chasedude
08-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Indian Wood, I know there's a joke in there somewhere.

RedNeckRaider
08-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Our government is a steaming pile of shit that should be overthrown.

The days of being able to over throw the US government are history. I relate to Winston Smith on a very high level~~

orange
08-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Gibson Defends Its Guitar Wood After Federal RaidsAdam Martin Aug 25, 2011 1,101 Views Comments (6)

On Wednesday, federal agents raided two Gibson guitar factories, in Memphis and Nashville, searching for ebony wood brought into the United States illegally. They seized "several pallets of wood, electronic files and guitars," Gibson said on its website. The U.S. Department of Justice has been fighting with Gibson in court since it first raided the Memphis plant on Nov. 17, 2009, seizing guitar components allegedly made of illegal ebony, as well as six complete guitars, according to news reports. It charges, under a federal conservation law called the Lacey Act, that the instrument maker used wood that was imported illegally. But Gibson says the government is misinterpreting the law, and that it has done nothing wrong.

According to the court documents online, the government first started investigating the company for wood taken from Madagascar, and that's where the wood and guitars seized in 2009 came from. In a 2009 search warrant affidavit, Fish and Wildlife agent Kevin Seiler claimed the company knowingly bought wood from a German vendor named Nagal, who dealt in wood that hadn't been authorized for export from Madagascar. No documents were available online in support of the latest search, which appears to have focused on wood from India, rather than Madagascar.

A June 4 filing further outlining the illegality of the Madagascar wood has been sealed, thanks to a motion to seal that was executed in late July. But a July 7 story in Musical Merchandise Magazine quotes from internal Gibson emails it reportedly contains:

[A] Gibson employee…wrote that "[t]he true Ebony species preferred by Gibson Musical Instruments is found only in Madagascar (Diospryos perrieri). This is a slow-growing tree species with very little conservation protection and supplies are considered to be highly threatened in its native environment due to over exploitation." In fact, [he] spent two and a half weeks in Madagascar this June [2008], writing on his return, "I represented our company along with two other guitar manufacturers… All legal timber and wood exports are prohibited because of wide spread corruption and theft of valuable woods like rosewood and ebony." On February 25, 2009, in a reference to the potential long term solution, [he] wrote… that the company Maderas Barber "has been in the business a long time and may be able to help begin some legitimate harvests. Mr. [Roger] Thunam on the other hand should now be able to supply Nagel with all the rosewood and ebony for the grey market."

read more: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/08/gibson-defends-its-guitar-wood-after-federal-raids/41747/

BucEyedPea
08-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Why is our govt raiding for what another vendor in Germany and company in Madagascar that is not supposed to be exporting it. Those are foreign laws.
And a Fish and Wildlife agent on this? Sounds like a bunch of meddling budinski's.

orange
08-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Why is our govt raiding for what another vendor in Germany and company in Madagascar that is not supposed to be exporting it. Those are foreign laws.
And a Fish and Wildlife agent on this? Sounds like a bunch of meddling budinski's.

The Lacey Act is what they are accused of violating. An AMERICAN law. Passed in 1900.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2011, 06:57 PM
The Lacey Act is what they are accused of violating. An AMERICAN law. Passed in 1900.
Your link says Gibson claims they are misapplying and misinterpreting that law though.

Also your link says " Federal Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. has suggested that the use of wood from India that is not finished by Indian workers is illegal, not because of U.S. law, but because it is the Justice Department’s interpretation of a law in India. (If the same wood from the same tree was finished by Indian workers, the material would be legal.) This action was taken without the support and consent of the government in India."

There isn't enough complete information as it's on-going and some documentation is under seal.

Frankly, I think there's too many laws which criminalizes too many things. I would think this should be determined by those govts where the wood has been taken unless there is some health threat from the plant here. Still sounds budinskyish to me. Let trade happen.

evenfall
08-26-2011, 07:07 PM
There's actually kind of a sad story here. A lot of the most prized tonewoods have been depleted over the years. Brazilian and Indian rosewood are getting to be out of the reach of casual players.

I wonder if they raided the acoustic operation in Bozeman as well? Probably significant quantites of rosewood and ebony there...

orange
08-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Also your link says " Federal Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. has suggested etc. ..."

That's GIBSON'S statement. The Justice Department never said that. They haven't said much of anything, yet.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2011, 07:21 PM
That's GIBSON'S statement. The Justice Department never said that. They haven't said much of anything, yet.

So. A person's testimony is part of the evidence too. There's not enough here until all the information is available.

CoMoChief
08-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I dont care what people say.....Stanzi looks a lot better throwing a football than Cassel does.....It's prettier.

alanm
08-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I dont care what people say.....Stanzi looks a lot better throwing a football than Cassel does.....It's prettier.Ok.. but does he prefer Gibson or Fender?

HonestChieffan
08-27-2011, 09:30 PM
CEO of Gibson Guitars' Main Competitor is a Huge Democrat Donor; Also Uses Same Wood Without Any Complaints From Feds

Dont mess with Chicago....

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2011/08/ceo-of-gibson-guitars-main-competitor.html

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2011, 10:03 PM
:facepalm:

RJ
08-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Conspiracies here, conspiracies there - Conspiracies are everywhere!

Bump
08-28-2011, 12:52 PM
I saw this over at Lew's. What a bunch of crap. Probably one of their competitors is behind it or they failed to bribe the right people in DC.
Our govt is so corrupt these days.

yup

what will it take for the people to stand up to our extremely corrupt government? There's not one politician that is not corrupt IMO. They are all only looking out for themselves and the companies bribing them. Even though it's perfectly legal, but those laws were written by corrupt fucks and I think it's time for the American people to wake the fuck up and start revolting! DO SOMETHING FOR US! NOT JUST BIG BUSINESS

Oh Snap
08-28-2011, 06:40 PM
And the biggest corporation of them all, the US gov'mt at work! I think we should just go ahead and adopt the soviet national anthem and quit beating around the bush.

BigChiefFan
08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
What's it going to take, to wake some of you up? What is happening in this country is insanity.