PDA

View Full Version : Playing the Matchup 2011

Direckshun
08-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Just a running journal of my big money FFL.

The draft was last night, and I think the folks I share the league with... are on crack.

Because they allowed me to draft the following team:

QB
Sam Bradford
Josh Freeman

WR
Calvin Johnson
Miles Austin
Santonio Holmes
Mario Manningham
Greg Little

RB
Adrian Peterson
Felix Jones
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
James Starks

TE
Jimmy Graham

Defense
New England

K
Stephen Gostowski

That is a fucking stacked team, especially at RB. I lucked out last year with Arian Foster, but had zero depth. This year, that will not be a problem. I can get by all year on these five RBs, pending injuries.

My WR starters are aces, although my depth is slightly troublesome, but not much so.

QBs are my typical fodder: solid achievers in solid offenses. And I've had New England's defense targeted all summer -- I love opportunistic defenses that play with leads. Served me well with the Packers last season, and although the Pats lack a sack artist, they'll compensate with tons of defensive touchdowns since Brady's going to lead that team to 15 wins.

After winning my league last year, I think I easily have the best roster this year.

Let's get this shit on.

SNR
08-28-2011, 09:30 AM
That's a good team and all, but it doesn't exactly scream "championship" to me. But that probably has to do with my opinions on some of your players.

As big of a sleeper as Josh Freeman is (I think he'll put himself in the elite category this year), I'm not letting my team have a starting QB that is anything less than Matt Schaub.

I'm meh with your receivers (but again, it has to do with my preferences). I hate Santonio Holmes (inconsistency), and I got burned by Miles Austin last year. I was counting on him to do big things, and while he did, he really tailed it off at the end of the year. I'm worried about Dez Bryant taking away all his action.

RBs- Lethal. Depending on how healthy Gore is this year, Felix Jones could be your RB3. That's deadly shit.

TE- Still don't understand the Jimmy Graham love.

DST/K- Who gives a shit

Old Dog
08-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Assuming it's a 12 teamer I think it's well above average, but I'm wondering if it is how in the hell you got AP (1.02), Calvin, (1.10) Gore (2.06).
If it's a 10-teamer, I think it's average.

Direckshun
08-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Assuming it's a 12 teamer I think it's well above average, but I'm wondering if it is how in the hell you got AP (1.02), Calvin, (1.10) Gore (2.06).
If it's a 10-teamer, I think it's average.

It's a 12-teamer. Thanks for the take.

Absolutely no way is Gore a 2nd round guy. He's a 4th or 5th rounder at best. Have you ever owned him in fantasy? He's a disappointment with more injuries than good weeks. But I got him in the 6th round, so I'm pleased to use him as depth. I think Felix Jones is going to destroy shit this year, he's literally got nobody behind him on the depth chart in Dallas, and he's beefed up to 220.

How CJ survived that long... is beyond me. The whole league went on an assinine run on QBs in the first two rounds (like they always do).

Direckshun
08-28-2011, 10:12 AM
That's a good team and all, but it doesn't exactly scream "championship" to me. But that probably has to do with my opinions on some of your players.

As big of a sleeper as Josh Freeman is (I think he'll put himself in the elite category this year), I'm not letting my team have a starting QB that is anything less than Matt Schaub.

I'm meh with your receivers (but again, it has to do with my preferences). I hate Santonio Holmes (inconsistency), and I got burned by Miles Austin last year. I was counting on him to do big things, and while he did, he really tailed it off at the end of the year. I'm worried about Dez Bryant taking away all his action.

RBs- Lethal. Depending on how healthy Gore is this year, Felix Jones could be your RB3. That's deadly shit.

TE- Still don't understand the Jimmy Graham love.

DST/K- Who gives a shit

I always go with conservative, steady, they-know-what-they're-doing QBs with some upside in this league, because the guys in this league go on a crazy QB run in the 2nd round seemingly every year.

Last year I drafted Matt Ryan in the 7th. I rode him to the championship. I'm expecting either Freeman or Bradford (with McDaniels in StL) to do the same this year.

Miles Austin is a pretty good WR, but that dip in fantasy production last year came with Kitna, who loved Dez Bryant. Tony Romo was the QB that brought Austin out of nowhere to be a fantasy leader, and Austin was putting up great figures until Romo went out.

Jimmy Graham is an overachiever that plays with Drew Brees. That's about it. He was my 9th rounder.

Old Dog
08-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Absolutely no way is Gore a 2nd round guy. He's a 4th or 5th rounder at best.

I'm not saying he SHOULD be but his current ADP in a 12 team league IS 2.06 if you average ESPN, CBSSportsline, myfantasyleague, fantasyfootballcalculator, mockdraftcentral, and fantasyfootballextreme.

I spend WAY too much time on this stuff (but it normally pays off in the end)

sedated
08-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I had similar thoughts at the end of my draft:
QB - Schaub / Stafford / Fitzpatrick
RB - Foster / Blount / S.Greene / C.Benson
WR - Calvin Johnson / W.Welker / M.Floyd / Amendola
TE - J. Graham / L.Kendricks
DEF - PIT

But hard to tell until the season starts. Wish I had a better QB and not just 3 solid ones, hoping Stafford is a huge sleeper.

Old Dog
08-28-2011, 11:07 AM
I had similar thoughts at the end of my draft:

Another 12 teamer that I woudl say is above average.
VERY Nice RBs, and if it's a PPR you have nice WRs, but if not you look weak at WR2 to me. I'm not sold on Graham as a top TE yet.

Direckshun
08-28-2011, 08:26 PM
5 receptions for 73 yards in one half of play for Jimmy Graham tonight against the Raiders, plus an endzone target.

Methinks Graham is going to be a Tier 2 tight end, statistically, by season's end.

Direckshun
08-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Josh Freeman shit his pants yesterday against the Dolphins, though. Damn.

Direckshun
08-29-2011, 02:41 PM
My week 1 lineup (bolded who I'm playing):

Bradford vs. PHI
Freeman vs. DET

C. Johnson @ TB
Austin @ NYJ
Holmes vs. DAL
Manningham @ WAS
Little vs. CIN

Peterson @ SD
F. Jones @ NYJ
Gore vs. SEA
R. Bush vs. NE
Starks vs. NO

Graham @ GB

NE D @ MIA

Gostowski @ MIA

Two of my top picks -- Miles Austin and Felix Jones -- are lining up against the Jets this week. I don't trust Jones against the Jets run defense, and I don't trust Austin against Revis (I would imagine they put Cromartie on Burress?).

Fortunately, I've got great depth at both positions so I should be able to roll my opponent week 1.

Direckshun
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
My opponent:

Brady @ MIA
Kolb vs. CAR

Ochocinco @ MIA
Boldin vs. PIT
Harvin @ SD
Amendola @ PHI
Driver vs. NO
Cotchery @ BAL

Greene vs. DAL
Bradshaw @ WAS
Hightower vs. NYG
Tate vs. IND

Miller @ BAL

PHI D @ STL

Buehler @ NYJ

I'm going to crush this guy. I may double his score.

Direckshun
08-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Santonio Holmes against the Giants: 37 yards, 1 TD.

Mario Manningham against the Jets: 36 yards off 3 receptions.

Love it.

sedated
08-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Ochocinco @ MIA

I wonder what round they took Ocho. If they took him over Welker I want to laugh in their face (it happened in one of my leagues)

Direckshun
09-03-2011, 11:37 PM
My receivers were targeted this much this preseason by their starting QBs:

Calvin Johnson -- 5 times
Miles Austin -- 0 times (sore hamstring)
Santonio Holmes -- 8 times
Mario Manningham -- 17 times, most on the Giants
Greg Little -- 10 times, most on the Browns
Jimmy Graham -- 13 times, most on the Saints

Running backs:

Adrian Peterson -- 3 times
Felix Jones -- 5 times
Frank Gore -- 0 times
Reggie Bush -- 7 times
James Starks -- 6 times

ChiefGator
09-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Two of my top picks -- Miles Austin and Felix Jones -- are lining up against the Jets this week. I don't trust Jones against the Jets run defense, and I don't trust Austin against Revis (I would imagine they put Cromartie on Burress?).

Yeah, I have Austin as well. I think I sit him this week. Of course, they could decide to put Revis on Dez...

Direckshun
09-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Even then, I think you gotta give Austin a week or two to prove himself with the hamstring.

Shit has really limited him this preseason. I'm regretting dropping a 4th rounder on him. Bad pick.

He could still come around, but he needs to do it damn soon.

ChiefGator
09-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Even then, I think you gotta give Austin a week or two to prove himself with the hamstring.

Shit has really limited him this preseason. I'm regretting dropping a 4th rounder on him. Bad pick.

He could still come around, but he needs to do it damn soon.

Yeah, true. I got him in the 5th round of a 14-teamer. I felt real good about the pick until Wallace was taken a couple picks later. I probably should have pulled the trigger on him. But, if Miles can live up to how he looked a couple years ago, he could be dynamite.

I had him a couple years ago, and he helped propel me into the championship game, so I think I was a little high on him because of that.

Cave Johnson
09-06-2011, 11:10 AM
That's a nails lineup in a 12-teamer. You'd think someone in the league would know Jones, Holmes, and Manningham were risers.

Direckshun
09-08-2011, 12:21 AM
A second, for-fun league with several of my colleagues yeilded a really interesting team for me.

This league is not for money. So while my starting unit is solid, I loaded the back end of my roster with a bunch of experimental ideas.

It's a keeper league that features a flex option instead of a required 3 WR in my money league.

QB
Tony Romo
Cam Newton

WR
Calvin Johnson
Vincent Jackson
Mario Manningham
Brandon Marshall
Antonio Brown

RB
LeSean McCoy
Felix Jones
Jon Stewart
LaDanian Tomlinson
Thomas Jones

TE
Owen Daniels
Aaron Hernandez

Defense
Pittsburgh Steelers

K
Nick Folk

I should crush this league all year, bunch of amateurs. This is a keeper league, too, so I should crush them for years.

Interesting note, since my #2 RB is going up against the Jets this week, I have to choose between:

Stewart @ ARI
Tomlinson vs. DAL
Thomas Jones vs. BUF

I think the best matchup, bar none, is Thomas Jones. Haley used a ton of TJ early in the season last year, and brought on more Jamaal as the season wore on. Plus I think Jamaal may still be shaken up from the Packers preseason game, plus Haley will be reticent to use him all game because of the fumbling issues he had all preseason.

In what's sure to be a low-scoring grinder, TJ is guaranteed to get 20 carries against a shitty defense. And I'll take that over every RB on my roster in Week 1 except McCoy.

I won't be writing about this league very often, because who gives a shit, but I wanted to at least mark it here in my ongoing commentary.

Direckshun
09-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we've got ourselves some FOOTBALL.

Green Bay vs. New Orleans tonight, in what is already probably the game of the year. Wow, how much fun was that?

In my money league, I had TE Jimmy Graham on the field, and Graham gave me my first fantasy points of the year -- ~11. He's only going to get better as the year goes on.

Speaking of getting better as the year goes on, RB James Starks earned ~11 points for me on the bench. I love this guy's potential, and they're only going to give this guy more carries as Ryan Grant wears down.

ngoc
09-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Hey guys, is it possible to safe jump counter ultras?

Direckshun
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Well I've had a pretty weak week so far: Freeman was Cassel-like against the Lions, though he did net me ~15. Megatron tore shit up for me this year, netting me ~20 points, but Mario Manningham did next to nothing against the Redskins (~4) and Holmes isn't doing much better right now against the Cowboys (~4). I made the absolute wrong call, sitting both of my Cowboys (Austin & Felix Jones) against the Jets. They have both scored... grrr. Austin is at ~12 (I played Manningham instead) and Jones has racked up ~13 (I played Gore and his ~8 instead). That right there has cost me ~12 points. James Starks also put up about ~12 against the Saints, but am I really going to start him over Jones, Gore, or Adrian Peterson?
Waiting on MNF before this is all settled, but right now I'm sitting at only ~75, which is at least good enough to beat the idiot I'm playing this week, who's only at ~57.

An 18 point lead should hold. He's got Tom Brady and Ochocinco tomorrow, but I've got Gostowski (which should take a little edge off all of Brady's TDs), and the Pats' defense, which should shut Miami down.

All in all, it's been a lukewarm week, fantasy wise. But I should be a decent-enough 1-0 by Tuesday, though I may be middle-of-the-pack with points. We'll see.

Direckshun
09-13-2011, 11:55 AM
I had an 18 point lead going in to Dolphins vs. Patriots.

I had: Gostowski Patriots defense He had: Tom Brady Ochocinco I was in good position. Ochocinco's done. Gostowski and the D should give me 10-15 points.

In fact, in order to overcome me, my opponent would need to have Brady put up something like 500 yards and 4 TDs, right?

Right.

I ****ing hate fantasy football sometimes. Why must I be a degenerate gambler?

So here I sit, 0-1, tied for last in the league, and 8th in points. Blah.

The Patriots defense was a boom-or-bust idea from myself. With Reggie Bush racking up ~15 points and Henne throwing all over them, there's little to no reason for me to stick with the Patriots D. Fortunately, someone in my league just dumped the Chargers defense, so I'm going to go with them if they fall to me in waivers.

Direckshun
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Here's a list of the top fantasy performers from week 1:

1. Tom Brady
2. Chad Henne
3. Cam Newton
4. Steve Smith
5. Drew Brees
6. Wes Welker
7. Mike Tolbert
8. Ray Rice
9. LeSean McCoy
10. Kenny Britt
11. Ryan Fitzpatrick
12. Aaron Rodgers
13. Michael Vick
15. Matthew Stafford
16. Matt Forte
17. Joe Flacco
18. Calvin Johnson
19. Tony Romo
20. Jay Cutler

Out of 20 players, that's 11 QBs.

The NFL has changed its rules so dramatically that QBs (at least good ones) have become the most valuable fantasy commodity, not running backs anymore. Running backs, even moreso, are injury prone against bigger defenses, limited by faster defenses, and have to share the backfield. QBs get the ball every play, pass it seemingly 65% of the time now (80% of the time if you're New England...), and are much less injury prone because of the endless rules helping them.

The rules help them rack up stats, too. So this year, I miscalculated in giving RBs and WRs too much worth while passing up on QBs until the 6th and 8th round. If nothing else undoes me this year, that decision will.

It's noted now. I will be looking at QB extremely early, probably Round 1, next year in the draft.

In the meantime, I refuse to panic. I went into this season with a gameplan like I do every season, and I will stick to it unless injuries dry me out. As always. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

I had the better team, no question. He needed a near-record performance to upend that. There's 13 weeks left, and if I can work my way into the Top 4, I get into the playoffs an anything can happen.

Ceej
09-13-2011, 12:29 PM
I feel your pain. I put up the second highest points in one league; and lost. But, overall this week I went 3-1. It's hard to complain.

Sofa King
09-13-2011, 01:16 PM
It sure was nice having Brady on my team this week.

Jewish Rabbi
09-13-2011, 10:24 PM
The NFL has changed its rules so dramatically that QBs (at least good ones) have become the most valuable fantasy commodity, not running backs anymore. Running backs, even moreso, are injury prone against bigger defenses, limited by faster defenses, and have to share the backfield. QBs get the ball every play, pass it seemingly 65% of the time now (80% of the time if you're New England...), and are much less injury prone because of the endless rules helping them.

The rules help them rack up stats, too. So this year, I miscalculated in giving RBs and WRs too much worth while passing up on QBs until the 6th and 8th round. If nothing else undoes me this year, that decision will.

It's noted now. I will be looking at QB extremely early, probably Round 1, next year in the draft.

In the meantime, I refuse to panic. I went into this season with a gameplan like I do every season, and I will stick to it unless injuries dry me out. As always. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

I had the better team, no question. He needed a near-record performance to upend that. There's 13 weeks left, and if I can work my way into the Top 4, I get into the playoffs an anything can happen.

Meh, I disagree that QBs need to be drafted in the first round. Don't get me wrong, I drafted Vick first round in one of my leagues (7th pick), but I feel they are far more replaceable than running backs, and there are always a couple receivers a year that get pulled off waivers that end up top 10.

I have tremendous depth at running back in both my leagues, especially my big money league (Hillis, Wells, D. Williams, Starks, Tolbert, Karim) which I can ride to an easy playoff berth compared to the other chumps who don't have any depth there.

Direckshun
09-14-2011, 02:31 PM
I absolutely cannot believe I lost to this guy.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=974

If anything went differently, I'd be 1-0, though perhaps still not in the Top 3 in points.

1. Started my Round 3 pick, Felix Jones, over Frank Gore.
2. Started my Round 4 pick, Miles Austin, over Mario Manningham.
3. If Gostowski hadn't missed that field goal.
4. Brady doesn't hit Welker for the 99-yarder with 5 minutes to go.
5. Started either Reggie Bush or James Starks, for some reason, over Gore.

Ugh.

Direckshun
09-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Week 2, I'm going up against an alright FF player who beat me in the regular season last year (before I kicked his ass in the playoffs). I'm currently 8th in the league, he's 3rd.

Gotta win now, otherwise I'm playing catchup all year.

Freeman @ MIN < Brees vs. CHI

C. Johnson vs. KC (assuming he's not injured) > Bowe @ DET
Austin @ SF > Floyd @ NE
Holmes vs. JAX > S. Moss vs. ARI

Peterson vs. TB > Charles @ DET
F. Jones vs. JAX > Turner vs. PHI

Graham vs. CHI = Daniels @ MIA

Gostowski vs. SD < Crosby @ CAR

San Diego D vs. NE = Chicago D @ NO

(Right now I'm assuming I get San Diego's defense off waivers. Nobody's going to want them going up against the Patriots, but I'll take them now because they'll pay off in the long run.)

This is another week where I've got the superior team, but my opponent has the elite QB.

Surely lightning won't strike twice?

So long as Brees doesn't explode, I should own this matchup. The problem of course, is that the Bears have a stout rush defense which will push Brees to air it out for a second straight week.

Direckshun
09-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Calvin Johnson rolled his ankle in practice.

I continue undeterred. I've rolled my ankle a ton of times and it's fine an hour later. I also sat CJ last year when he was supposedly injured, and I lost while he put up 20+ points.

Direckshun
09-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Dropped the Patriots defense. That was a boom or bust signing. I was hoping they'd be playing with a lead all year and get lots of sacks/interceptions.

Not so much. Chad fucking Henne blew them up in Week 1. They are lost in their secondary. They have no reliable pass rush.

San Diego is much more reliable. I put in a waivers claim for them and predictably, nobody else did.

San Diego is a shitty play this week (vs. New England), but I'm in it for the long game. They'll give me more points all season than the Pats will.

Direckshun
09-18-2011, 11:25 PM
I said this would be a tough week, and I was right.

Both of our teams came to play. Fortunately, I won out.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=976

Direckshun
09-18-2011, 11:38 PM
This guy is always such a tough play. Last year I split with him -- he was one of my few losses, and I ended up spanking him in the playoffs. This year, no different. I'll see him at least one more time, plus any revisits we may make in the playoffs.

But this was a biiiiig win. Big. Now I'm 1-1, and I'm 2nd in the league in points, with a ton of season left to go. There's only two undefeated teams left in the league, one of them is AC, the guy I played last week who keeps lucking out with Tom Brady. So I'm effectively second in the league right now.

3rd in the league, 2nd in points. One of the guys ahead of me is a pushover that earned a fluke victory over me. Had Brady not hit Welker for a 99 yard TD in Week 1, I'd be 2nd and 2nd.

Thoughts: I dropped the New England D for San Diego's D. That was a bad trade this week, but I didn't want to risk having somebody else pick up their D on the waiver wire. I'll take one bad week if that means I get two games against the Chiefs, two games against the Broncos, a ton of sacks, some interceptions, etc. I'm not convinced the Patriots are as capable of that. Felix Jones gave me nooothing against the 49ers. I know they have a tough D... but, shit. James Starks is averaging over 11 points a game at this point. He's only going to get better as the season goes on. This was a textbook Turds of Wisdom victory. My QB just has to mitigate the damage done by the other team's QB, and I beat them with the skill positions. Teamgarvey edged me with the peripheral players at TE, D, and K, and Brees predictably lit it up. My RBs and WRs, over half the playable roster, simply outplayed his guys. That said, I owe this victory to two injuries: Dez Bryant was the bigger one, him going out forced Romo to pitch it to Miles Austin. Jamaal Charles was the other victory for me, a bittersweet one because it basically sidelined a genuinely tough FF foe for the year. Being a Chiefs fan, hopefully this will land us Andrew Luck? Once MNF ends, I'll post the league rankings. But it feels good to outpace a really difficult opponent and retake my rightful place towards the top of the league.

Catching the guy in first place is going to be a chore, however. His team is fucking stacked.

Direckshun
09-19-2011, 03:00 AM
So much news on Jamaal Charles right now... I just now ran across news for both of my Cowboys.

Brutal. Miles Austin re-tweaked his hamstring, and Felix Jones is potentially out until the Cowboys' bye. Fortunately, that's Week 5.

But that's my 3rd and 4th rounder. That's a tough, tough draw.

Fortunately, my RB depth is great. Gore and Starks should provide me some good rotation based on matchups (Gore lines up against the Bengals next week...). My WR is thin, however. I've got Mario Manningham, which should do me fine, but then I've got issues with Greg Little of the Browns.

I love Little as a prospect, but it's going to take him half the season to be worth anything. Plus nobody in my league seems to know of him. I can drop him during bye weeks with some assurance he'll be there when I need to pick him up.

Edit: Nah, Felix Jones is okay. He still played throughout the game, but it's going to be hard to trust him given that they shared the load with Murray and Choice. He's going to be a tough call to make in Week 3.

Miles Austin is the one out until the bye week. That's a really rough draw. I'm rolling with Megatron, Holmes, and Manningham for the next few weeks. Brutal.

ChiefGator
09-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Miles Austin is the one out until the bye week. That's a really rough draw. I'm rolling with Megatron, Holmes, and Manningham for the next few weeks. Brutal.

That's really only missing two games though, since they have the earliest bye week this year. Could have been worse.

I blame the stupid play where they tried to have Miles Austin run the ball. That's when i first saw him grab his leg.

Direckshun
09-21-2011, 12:42 AM
These are the weeks in which it's tough following fantasy football.

Here's the league as of now:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=980

Real tough. Middle of the league, 5th place.

Made a nice recovery this week to vault four spots from 8th in the league in points to 4th.

But at what cost?

I lost my RB2, my WR2, and my WR4 (Manningham is a maybe).

That leaves me with Megatron, Holmes, and Greg fucking Little was a WR3.

I like Greg Little. I think he's got a roof, but it's not going to be this early in the season.

I panicked last night when I saw Mario Manningham go down. I shouldn't have, but I did. I dropped Little and picked up Eric Decker.

Bad mistake. Decker's okay but he's got no roof. Little has a roof. Now I have to wait until Little clears waivers. I'll live with him as a WR3 for a couple weeks if I have to.

Direckshun
09-21-2011, 12:57 AM
The good news is that I face a couple relatively shitty teams in the next couple weeks, which fits the injuries I'm having to wait through.

This week: Phenoms, who were among the league's cellar dwellers last year, and aren't much better this year, I don't care how well they're doing now. This guy can't build or maintain a team to save his life. But I've got some pretty shitty matchups that do me no favors.

The problem, of course, will be generating points. But I'll worry about that in Week 12. For now, I need a winning record.

Here's the lineups (assuming he starts who he should off his roster):

Freeman vs. ATL < Schaub @ NO

C. Johnson @ MIN = White @ TB
Holmes @ OAK < Welker @ BUF
Little vs. MIA < Maclin vs. NYG

Peterson vs. DET < Mendenhall @ IND
Gore @ CIN > Green-Ellis @ BUF

Graham vs. HOU > Gonzalez @ TB

Gostowski @ BUF > Bryant @ TB

San Diego D vs. KC = New York Jets D @ OAK

The matchups this week simply do not play to my favor. This is hell. I need Manningham to practice Friday.

If I am totally healthy coming into this game, it's mine going away. But I'm going to be facing a lethal combination: a QB who will have to throw all game to keep up, and an RB1 who will be controlling the ball all game.

That's a lethal combination, and barring injuries, I don't know if I'll survive it this week.

My hope is for Frank Gore to shred the Bengals in the face of two lackluster weeks. My hope is that Greg Little, who McCoy is starting to develop a bond with, comes on magically this week.

My hope is that Josh Freeman puts up four quarters of solid work, not just one half.

My hope of hopes is that Kansas City turns the ball over six more times, thereby ensuring their place in the race for Andrew Luck, and giving my Chargers D untold fortune.

And since he's got two Falcons and two Patriots, my hope is for the Bucs and the Bills defenses to play out of their minds.

This week is a total flip of the coin, AND I HATE THAT. But that's fantasy. Who's deep enough to survive injury? Who's resourceful enough?

None of the injuries my team suffered were season-enders. I think I can hobble for a week or two and get wins. This week, however, is pretty precarious.

ChiefGator
09-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. 14 teams league which only starts 2 WRs with a shallow bench, and I ended up with Roddy White, Miles Austin, and Mario Manningham. I thought I was kickin' it with WR's, but two could be out this week.

The only other WR's on my roster are David Nelson (Buf) and McCluster (RB/WR). It's too early for me to trust Nelson so I'm rolling with McCluster. We DO count return yards, and I am betting SD scores alot. But, I'm not sure Haley risks McCluster back there returning. I think we see more Arenas than last week. We are .5 PPR league though, and he does catch some balls.

My previous weaknesses were at RB, since I basically have 4 RB2's (Hightower, Beanie Wells, McGahee, Shonn Greene) and TE where Gresham has been inconsistent (and I started Jared Cook week 1 and Pettigrew last week for less than a point each). Lucky for me, some idiot actually dropped Owen Daniels, so now I have Daniels and Gresham as my TEs.

Also lucky for me, my opponent's best player is Romo. May not play, may not play all that well as the injury aged a bit, and they will probably try to run more to help him out.

ChiefGator
09-21-2011, 04:52 AM
We start two QB's and I have Stafford and Rodgers, who are my money players. I have Dalton in reserve for their bye weeks. My hope for the week is that he lights it up again, and Gore and MJD do not so someone is willing to make a trade. It's a bit risky since that means I'm rolling with Stafford the rest of the way, and you gotta worry about his health. Our scoring system (6pts for passing TD) favors QBs.

May seem crazy to talk about trading a Dalton for a lower-tier RB1, but with 14 teams and the injuries at QB and just bad play at QB, there is a real market for them. That's one difference with a deeper 2QB league. What is usually a glut turns into a REAL shortage. You don't HAVE to play a QB in the flex (OP) position, but scoring makes them favorable.

Direckshun
09-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Kinda looking down the lines to my bye weeks, and the first bye week in Week 5 is going to be reeeeeally interesting for me.

QBs
Freeman @ SF
Bradford -- bye

RB
Peterson vs. ARI
F. Jones -- bye (injury?)
Gore vs. TB
Starks @ ATL
Bush -- bye

WR
C. Johnson vs. CHI
Austin -- bye (injury)
Holmes @ NE
Manningham vs. SEA (injury?)
Little -- bye

TE
Graham @ CAR

D
Chargers @ DEN

K
Gostowski @ NYJ

Hope Manningham heals up by then. Otherwise, I may be screwed. Probably am anyway. Really, really tough matchups.

Gore was great value where I got him in the draft. He may start more for me this season than Felix Jones, with James Starks taking over for him here in a few weeks once the Packers start establishing him.

Problem is that Gore is unreliable, even as an RB3. But he just needs to last me a week or two.

Reggie Bush, perhaps unsurprisingly, is a bust.

sedated
10-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Another 12 teamer that I woudl say is above average.
VERY Nice RBs, and if it's a PPR you have nice WRs, but if not you look weak at WR2 to me. I'm not sold on Graham as a top TE yet.

Your analysis was incorrect. The only weak part of my team is the RBs (hopefully fixed now that Foster is back). Welker and Calvin have been flat-out amazing, Graham has been above-average at TE, Stafford is a legit top-5 QB, and Fitzpatrick is the steal of the draft.

Just wanted to point that out.

Old Dog
10-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Your analysis was incorrect.

Just wanted to point that out.

I missed the boat with a BUNCH of shit this year, and will certainly admit to it. I know many posters here never are, but I'm wrong once in a while.

In the three leagues I'm in I have a dismal record in all three (2-2, 1-3, 1-3) and in two of them have zero realistic shot of recovering (in one draft I started Charles, R. White, Turner, Manning.....good grief). In the 3rd, I have the second highest point total scored, and have played the highest point total in the league in three of the first four weeks. Shit happens.

Old Dog
10-06-2011, 12:16 PM
and my TE sleeper (Cook) appears to be not asleep, but in a coma.

ChiefGator
10-06-2011, 01:56 PM
and my TE sleeper (Cook) appears to be not asleep, but in a coma.

I'm not sure if he is waking up, but at least he moved a little bit last week.

Direckshun
10-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Well, the Turds of Wisdom are falling on some hard times. The magic that lead me to win the league last year now has me in 9th place.

Ninth. I'm 1-3.

Now, two of those losses were those kind of flukes that FF is known for. Week 1, I lose by two points to a guy whose team was utterly pathetic, but was carried 100% by Tom Brady's 500 yard, 4 TD performance. This past week, Week 4, I lost even though my team utterly outplayed his -- as usual, with one exception. He had the Ravens' defense than their 32 points.

I did get my ass handed to me in Week 3, but in Week 2 I took down the guy who is now #1, his only loss.

Not that this gets me off the hook, though. My team is underperforming.

Josh Freeman is doing what he does, netting me 15-20 points a game. Megatron has been genius, and Adrian Peterson has been his usual self. Miles Austin was doing very well for me until his injury -- but he'll be back next week; I just need Romo to stay off the bench.

Santonio Holmes has been a disappointment this year, as has my WR depth with Greg Little (this guy is taking forever to get going) and Mario Manningham, a talented receiver who got benched last week.

My RB situation has been iffy. I have plenty of talent but I've made the wrong decision in Felix Jones vs. Frank Gore for three straight weeks. James Starks is looking great on my bench, but Reggie Bush is about done.

Jimmy Graham has been stellar as my sleeper TE, and Gostowski's been reliable at K. I'm hoping San Diego's defense puts it together soon, they have yet to get me double figures.

So while I'm a lowly 9th, I could very easily be 3rd at 3-1. But I'd still be 7th in points...

I still like my team. I still believe I had a strong draft with what I can now call a couple of mis-steps. (Bradford has just been awful.)

None of my players are on IR. Starting week 6, my team will be fully healthy. There's ten weeks left. If my team puts its act together, I can make the playoffs.

sedated
10-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I missed the boat with a BUNCH of shit this year, and will certainly admit to it. I know many posters here never are, but I'm wrong once in a while.

I actually got lucky - I took TE Kendricks waay too early (something like the 10th, thinking someone else might want him but count on him late) and he hasn't done d!ck, but TE Graham kept falling and falling until I nabbed him in the 14th.

And Foster as the #1 overall pick has been a major point of "discussion" (i.e. sh!t-talking and arguing).

ChiefGator
10-07-2011, 01:17 PM
4-0 and #1 in my pay league... #1 in points and playing the only other undefeated team this week. Done this with Austin injured (but he helped ALOT on week #2), Mario Manningham generally sucking. But, Rodgers and Stafford (2QB league) carrying my time.

Been trying to pickup a RB1 through trades (MJD, Mathews) but so far unsuccessful...

Direckshun
10-08-2011, 06:32 PM
This can be turned around. I am convinced that it can.

Taking on the 4th place guy in the league right now (3rd in points). I spanked this guy when we played last year. He's got a damn good team this year, but mine is better.

The turnaround... starts now.

Freeman @ SF > Ryan @ GB

Megatron vs. CHI > Wallace vs. TEN
Holmes @ NE > S. Johnson vs. PHI
Manningham vs. SEA < S. Smith vs. NO

Peterson vs. ARI = McCoy @ BUF
Gore vs. TB = C. Johnson vs. PIT

Graham @ CAR > Cook vs. PIT

Gostowski vs. NYJ = Hanson vs. CHI

Chargers D @ DEN = Carolina D vs. JAX

This one will turn on the RBs.

My goal is a win and a climb from 7th in points to 4th in points.

Direckshun
10-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Made a key move to shore up my pretty pathetic WR depth. The injury to Miles Austin made obvious that I've got zero depth. Mario Manningham is my WR4 right now, and I think I need an improvement there.

Calvin Johnson is a perfect WR1.
Miles Austin (assuming Romo is QB) is a perfect WR2 when he's healthy.
Santonio Holmes is poised for a huuuuge second half of the season.
Mario Manningham is on notice right now. I pretty much have to play him right now.
Greg Little is predictably awful right now. I'm storing him for the second half.

My RBs, meanwhile, are four-deep.

Adrian Peterson is getting the job done.
Felix Jones has vexed me a little with his injury and his recovery, but is otherwise high upside.
Frank Gore has been his typical frustrating self, but can still score.
James Starks is going to pay off hardcore in the second half of the season as my RB3.
Reggie Bush, however, has been dismal.

I'm going to dump Reggie Bush when I found a gem on the league's scrap heap: Antonio Brown.

Brown is solid WR4 or WR5 with upside as a WR3 if one of my guys goes down. He's getting tons of targets from Roethlisberger, including 10 last week.

My new roster:

QB
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford

WR
Calvin Johnson
Miles Austin
Santonio Holmes
Mario Manningham
Antonio Brown
Greg Little

RB
Adrian Peterson
Felix Jones
Frank Gore
James Starks

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
Stephen Gostowski

Def
San Diego Chargers

Direckshun
10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
The march to .500 continues.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=986

Glorious. I've got a ten point lead with Calvin Johnson on deck, and all he has is a kicker.

I love my chances, and 2-3 is as good as here.

That said, I need Megatron to light it up tonight. This week will climb me from 7th in points to 6th in points, but I really need to get to 5th. That will be a tall order, but if it can happen, I'll slowly be climbing back into contention.

Stray thoughts: Adrian Peterson and Jimmy Graham have been beasts for me all year. Glad to see Santonio Holmes get in on the action. He is too good to be down for long... law of averages is that he will rebound hard throughout October and November. He only gets better as the season goes on. My RB2 situation is officially vexing. I love Felix Jones but he's getting kinda spotty. Frank Gore has been on a tear the past two weeks, but he has a very tough assignment next week. They both do. Meanwhile, James Starks is no slouch. I will need to spend some time thinking about who to start at RB2 for Week 6. Mario Manningham is not getting it done, but Antonio Brown and Greg Little aren't much on the bench right now, either. San Diego gave up 24 points!?!? To the Broncos!?!?! I will forgive Josh Freeman for his transgressions. He's fine. He's still a reliable 15-20 points a game. But I'm seriously contemplating Sam Bradford for Tim Tebow. I was drinking a beer with one of my friends last night watching Matt Ryan shit his pants, and my friend asks me to help him out. He's absolutely awful, his team is in 9th place now, and he's dead last in the league in scoring, despite Tom Brady.

So we set up numerous trades offers for him with various people around the league to beef up his WR situation.

While doing it, he said "would you be interested in trading Manningham for Boldin?"

Keep in mind, this guy is pretty dim. Manningham has a fairly tough schedule and the coach hates him. Boldin is still the best week-to-week WR on the Ravens, who have a hilariously easy schedule.

He never sent me the trade offer. So I sent him one for those two players today. That would be total rape-age by yours truly if he accepted it.

Direckshun
10-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Did some noodling today to potentially beef up the roster for next week.

I've only got one player on bye next week -- San Diego's D. The best defense right now is on the waiver wire, the Giants who will be hosting the Bills.

Since I can't rely on the waiver wire, I picked up the Bills D -- which is the highest-scoring defense on the scrap heap with three defensive touchdowns and 12 interceptions going up against Eli Manning -- and dropped Greg Little.

I'd still rather have the Giants D (they lead the league in sacks, and are plenty capable of defensive TDs and INTs), so I put in a waiver wire claim for them to replace the Bills. But I won't know shit on that until Thursday.

The wait on the Manningham-Boldin trade begins. I'll be seeing him tonight for MNF so I'll gauge his interest then.

QB
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow

WR
Calvin Johnson
Miles Austin
Santonio Holmes
Mario Manningham
Antonio Brown

RB
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
Felix Jones
James Starks

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
Stephen Gostowski

Def
Buffalo Bills
San Diego Chargers

Edit: Just picked up Tim Tebow. John Fox doesn't like him, but he must surely like what he's doing for the team, getting them to play their asses off even when they're going to a 1-4 record. Tebow is a Top 8 fantasy QB when he's playing, and while I like Josh Freeman, he doesn't boast the same potential for points that Tebow does. Dropped Sam Bradford to do it (which is reflected up above). Bradford will likely get through waivers anyway (he's looked awful and he's up against the Packers next week), so if Fox goes back to Orton instead of starting Tebow this week, I can easily recoup Bradford. Fox is making his announcement tomorrow, and I didn't want anybody else in the league to get a crack at him before me.

ChiefGator
10-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Great trade if Manningham-Boldin goes through. I have Manningham, and I am thinking about dropping him for Titus Young tonight. I just don't see much upside from Mario.

Direckshun
10-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Manningham trade isn't a possibility based on the conversation we had last night. I must not have that good of a poker face because he started sensing he was getting a raw deal.

Whatev. I'm not the person in last place in the league and last in points. He is.

Direckshun
10-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Well the move in the league after this week's win was small but necessary.

I moved from 9th place in the league to 8th place. I'm 2-3, but lead the league in scoring this week with 119 points, and now I'm fifth in points.

That's something positive to take away from all this.

I looooooove my chances this up coming week. I'm playing a guy that swept me last year but missed the playoffs. This is a classic boom-or-bust fantasy players, but this week he's set to bust.

His top three fantasy picks in this year's draft: Andre Johnson, who's out with injury. Vick, who's still formidable. Vincent Jackson, bye week. So he's got shit for RBs, and shit for WRs.

Freeman vs. NO < Vick @ WAS

C. Johnson vs. SF > Garcon @ CIN
Austin @ NE > Nelson vs. STL
Holmes vs. MIA > Driver vs. STL

Peterson @ CHI = Benson vs. IND
Gore @ DET > Sproles @ TB

Graham @ TB > Olsen @ ATL

Gostowski vs. DAL = Henery @ WAS

Buffalo D @ NYG > San Francisco D @ DET

There is absolutely no doubt that my team is better than his. None.

He's got only a couple prayers: Aaron Rodgers is a QB whose known to have different "flavors of the week" at WR every week, and he's got two chances with Driver and Nelson at catching that flavor. Vick could always put up some monstrous numbers. Benson is a terrible RB, but he's going up against the worst run D in the league. And that's it.

There's no prayer he's staying with San Fran's D against Detroit. He'll drop them and pick up someone else.

Direckshun
10-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Tebow's been announced the starter. This is PHENOMENAL news, as it gives me a Top 8 QB finally, which I got FOR FREE off the scrap heap. Hot fucking shit, this is good news.

Greg Little's been announced as a starter in Cleveland. I feel stupid for dropping him now. Hopefully he clears waivers on the 13th so I can re-add him.

Direckshun
10-16-2011, 01:47 AM
Re-added Greg Little. Dropped San Diego's defense.

QB
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow

WR
Calvin Johnson
Miles Austin
Santonio Holmes
Mario Manningham
Greg Little
Antonio Brown

RB
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
Felix Jones
James Starks

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
Stephen Gostowski

Def
Buffalo Bills

Thus goes the juju of fantasy football. I've got the #1 RB, the #1 WR, the #1 TE, and a top 5 kicker, and I'm only 2-3.

It all has a way of breaking even.

Plus if Tebow plays up to his usual standards that he ended last season on, my team has such ridiculous upside it's disgusting.

I still don't have a defense, and my WR depth is weak. But other than that, my team is finished and needs no improvement.

The 4th place team last year (i.e. the last team that made the playoffs) went 8-6.

I currently sit at 2-3. That means I need to go 6-3 AT LEAST to close out this season.

Doable. Doable. Doable. Get to the playoffs, and it's anyone's game.

I have the highest projected scoring (according to Yahoo... I know...) of all teams this week.

TURDS OF WISDOM ARE BACK.

Short Leash Hootie
10-16-2011, 10:37 AM
always a fantasy no-no to have a shit QB in fantasy football...if you went the "don't draft a QB until late rate" you should've gotten Stafford...he was the "no brainer" sleeper that went deep this year.

Direckshun
10-17-2011, 01:24 PM
always a fantasy no-no to have a shit QB in fantasy football...if you went the "don't draft a QB until late rate" you should've gotten Stafford...he was the "no brainer" sleeper that went deep this year.

Ummmm, I think he went in the 4th round this year? I had him targeted.

Dicky McElephant
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Stafford went in the 5th round of my draft. NO ONE was sleeping on Stafford this year.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Stafford went in the 5th round of my draft. NO ONE was sleeping on Stafford this year.

well he was the 15th QB taken on average on ESPN.com

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/livedraftresults?position=QB

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2011, 02:57 PM

NO ONE?

Maybe in a sophisticated FFL league...or maybe you're getting your facts crossed up?

I don't know...

I know I wasn't sleeping on Stafford, as I kept him in 1 league, drafted him in the 1st round of another keeper league, and took him in the 2nd round of another 12 team league...

however each league was either a 2 QB league or an OP league so QB's had more value (like they should in the first place)....

I do know that in my 1 traditional snake draft league, Stafford went...in the 10th round. This was a $$$ league where I had a stubborn partner who refused to let me take a 2nd QB since I talked him into taking Vick at #4...

so yeah, I have a hard time believing he went in everyone's 4th or 5th round when the one $300 per team (10 team league) league I drafted in this year he went in the 10th round.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2011, 02:58 PM
by all means, though...please post some draft recaps so I can check out all of these leagues where he went before the 5th round.

Just curious to see if they were like Nzoner's league where he went 5th or 6th overall...

RUSH
10-17-2011, 03:49 PM
I got Stafford in the 11th round in my $ league, 10 teams. Granted, not everyone follows football religiously like me but everyone definitely has average to above average knowledge.

And good thing I picked him up since I drafted Peyton in the 4th. Sitting pretty at 5-1 and haven't missed a beat even though Manning went down.

Everyone was scared of Stafford's injury history.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
No way! Everyone knew Stafford was going to be a top 5 QB and took him accordingly!

Direckshun
10-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Boom.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=989

And with that, I have climbed out of a two-game hole to get back to the holy ground of .500.

3-3. And with the insane parity in my league, where everybody's beaten everybody and nobody's really run away or fallen behind the pack, that simple 3-3 record has vaulted me from 8th in the league and 6th in points to 3rd in the league and 3rd in points. The bad start to my season has proven to be a fluke.

Thoughts: Freeman is having to throw a ton more because the ground game can't get going in Tampa. Turns out, he's pretty good at it... He outscored Michael Vick. Megatron still puts up big numbers with triple coverage all game. One can only hope that stops soon though... not every defense is as pathetic as Chicago's. Holmes and Miles Austin are going to be the reliable WR2 and WR3s this year that they were last year. I won the league starting Megatron, Austin, and Holmes. They all look very good and are getting shit tons of looks from their QBs, Austin especially. Peterson is allowed to have a weak week, but I fear for him going forward. Christian Ponder is not far off in the distance, and once that happens, and Gore gets injured again, I am distinctly screwed at the RB position. Jimmy Graham, money. My defense dilemma is wearing me the fuck down. I drafted the Patriots D late, thinking they'd be opportunistic. They weren't. I picked up the Chargers defense, nothing. I tried rolling with the third highest scoring defense, the Bills. Nothing. No sacks, no interceptions (against ELI MANNING), and allowed 27 points. I cannot win a championship with a shit defense. This must be rectified soon. My depth is a bit worrisome. Greg Little got a whopping 12 targets from Colt McCoy, so he's very promising as I figured he would be all season. Manningham dropped a TD pass, he simply seems incapable of doing anything right. And the Antonio Brown experiment is failing. My RB depth may be royally screwed. I like James Starks a lot, but he's only averaging 50 yards a game. Felix Jones, meanwhile, is injured. AGAIN.
Being third in points, it's time to catch the guys in front of me who have me by a solid 30 points. It will take a couple weeks, but I believe that my roster still has upside and is solid to great at every single positioin but defense. Depth may be a problem going forward.

I'll post about my matchup next week. But it's the last place guy in the league. More later.

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 03:28 AM
still looking for those draft recaps where Stafford was a 4th round pick

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 03:28 AM
I play matchup defense every week...this week I took the Bengals...worked out well.

Anyone who drafts a defense and plays them every week is nuts...sure, it may work with the Ravens...but you can find a good matchup just about every week on the waiver wire.

Old Dog
10-18-2011, 10:30 AM
still looking for those draft recaps where Stafford was a 4th round pick

He went in the 5th in each of my two redraft leagues and was bought for $18 in my auction (other non-keeper QBs in that price range were, Rivers ($22), Rodgers ($26), Schaub ($18)........That may sound low, but it's a $100 cap.

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 10:38 AM
yes I auctioned him pretty high as well

would love to see settings and draft recaps rather than word of mouth

Direckshun
10-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Made a couple moves to shore up the roster for next week. Dropped Antonio Brown and the Bills defense. Added Billy Cundiff (Ravens kicker vs. the Jags this week) and the Cowboys defense (vs. the Rams). I've got a really ugly situation brewing at the RB position this week. Frank Gore is sitting on bye, and Felix Jones is out for a month, not that he was doing much anyway. Normally, I'm okay with a combination of Adrian Peterson and James Starks, but their teams are playing each other this week and the Pack and the Vikes are both pretty decent run defenses. Yikes.

The QB question is vexing... Do I opt for Tebow (@ MIA) or Freeman (vs. CHI)?

I'm leaning Freeman just because he's more proven, but I'm going to do some research for a bit to see what turns up.

Direckshun
10-18-2011, 03:48 PM
As of now, this is the matchup this week. It's a tough matchup, even though I'm facing up against the last place guy in the league. There are no easy matchups this year, parity has been fucking ridiculous. I'm 3-3 and third in the league -- that should tell you something.

That said, he's got a couple fairly favorable matchups, and I've got some vexing ones. Good thing he's got shit for receivers.

For now, I roll with Freeman. I really want to play Tebow.

Freeman vs. CHI < Newton vs. WAS

C. Johnson vs. ATL > Bryant vs. STL
Austin vs. STL > Lloyd @ DAL
Holmes vs. SD > Baldwin (SEA) @ CLE

Peterson vs. GB < Foster @ TEN
Starks @ MIN < Jones-Drew vs. BAL

Graham vs. IND > Winslow vs. CHI

Cundiff vs. JAX = Bailey vs. STL

Dallas D vs. STL < Green Bay D @ MIN

So many of these plays have high upside, and others have the potential to flame out.

Foster is the only RB with a better-than-even chance to land double-digits this week between the two teams. But if he gets off, he could explode.

His WRs are just garbage, and fortunately any big gains he can get with Dez Bryant will usually be counterbalanced by Miles Austin, who Romo favors.

I've feared going up against Cam Newton all season. That's why I'm anxious to play Tebow, to counter one mobile QB with another. Tebow's got a fantastic matchup this week, too, and he's going to want to run up the score if he can. Classic boom or bust.

Graham should easily outpace Winslow, but Green Bay's D will make life miserable for McNabb, and absolute hell for Ponder.

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
so no draft recaps of Stafford in your 4th round?

Direckshun
10-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Here you go, for some reason:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=996

Short Leash Hootie
10-18-2011, 05:38 PM
That's all I wanted to see...thank you

Direckshun
10-19-2011, 02:09 AM
My current roster:

QB
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow

WR
Calvin Johnson
Miles Austin
Santonio Holmes
Mario Manningham
Greg Little

RB
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
James Starks
Felix Jones

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
Billy Cundiff
Stephen Gostowski

Def
Dallas Cowboys

Received a trade offer from this gentleman's shit team:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=997

Guy's 3-3 right now as well somehow, and beat me earlier this year on a fluke 30+ point performance from the Ravens defense.

Still, he finished last in the league this year, is not that great of a fantasy player as the roster above indicates, and trails me by 40 points despite the fact that we share the same record.

The offer he gave me: the Steelers defense for Frank Gore.

el
oh
el

That said, I'm not above negotiating something with him that ends up raping him. I do want that Steelers defense, as I believe their best ball is ahead of them, and I really don't like jumping defenses from week to week.

So I put in a counter offer:

I would get: Steelers defense, DeSean Jackson
I would give away: Santonio Holmes, Mario Manningham

I would be getting a wash at a starter at WR, lose a guy I really haven't liked all year in Manningham while Greg Little starts taking off, and would be getting an upgrade (and much needed stability) at defense.

This trade wouldn't help his pathetic RB situation, but it would provide him two regular starters for his pathetic WR situation.

Direckshun
10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Wild hair up the ass alert:

I HATE having to play Adrian Peterson with a rookie QB against a great defense, and I HATE playing James "50 yards a game" Starks against the Minnesota defense.

So I'm rolling the dice. I just found Tim Hightower on the scrap heap largely because he was a healthy scratch last week by the Redskins.

However, I've read that Hightower is prepared to shoulder the load this week. I'm not sure if it's the case, but I hope so. He's practicing in full and he's up against the Panthers this week, the worst run defense in the league.

So I pulled a plug-and-play. Not recommended, and it's against my good senses. I'll be reading UP TO game time to see if there are any contradicting reports.

Also, I am going with Tebow on Sunday. If there's any week where I take him for a test drive, it might as well be this week as he's returning to Florida for his first start against a pathetic defense.

Tebow @ MIA < Newton vs. WAS

C. Johnson vs. ATL > Bryant vs. STL
Austin vs. STL > Lloyd @ DAL
Holmes vs. SD > D. Baldwin @ CLE

Peterson vs. GB < Foster @ TEN
Hightower @ CAR = Jones-Drew vs. BAL

Graham vs. IND > Winslow @ CHI

Cundiff @ JAX = Bailey vs. STL

Dallas D vs. STL = Packers D @ MIN

Let's do this thing.

Short Leash Hootie
10-20-2011, 02:10 PM
yeah, I wouldn't play Hightower...

Nzoner
10-20-2011, 02:22 PM
by all means, though...please post some draft recaps so I can check out all of these leagues where he went before the 5th round.

Just curious to see if they were like Nzoner's league where he went 5th or 6th overall...

Actually it was 8th overall.

Here's the scoring to date of our leagues top 10 qb's

1. 1. Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 199.0

2. 2. Brady, Tom NEP QB 176.6

3. 3. Newton, Cam CAR QB (R) 165.0

4. 4. Brees, Drew NOS QB 163.7

5. 5. Stafford, Matthew DET QB 155.3

6. 6. Vick, Michael PHI QB 142.1

7. 7. Manning, Eli NYG QB 133.9

8. 8. Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF QB 129.8

9. 11. Schaub, Matt HOU QB 119.4

10. 14. Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB 115.1

Short Leash Hootie
10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
the problem is, Nzoner, is that QB's 10-20 are probably all around 100 points to...which is why taking Matt Stafford 8th overall was freaking stupid when you could have gotten a stud RB and then reached for Stafford in the 3rd round.

I continue to have zero respect for that league, and would love an invite next year. Love.

sedated
10-20-2011, 03:22 PM
the problem is, Nzoner, is that QB's 10-20 are probably all around 100 points to...which is why taking Matt Stafford 8th overall was freaking stupid when you could have gotten a stud RB and then reached for Stafford in the 3rd round.

I continue to have zero respect for that league, and would love an invite next year. Love.

You donít really know what their scoring is, and maybe top QBs are worth more than top RBs.

Nzoner
10-20-2011, 03:24 PM

You would be correct that 10-20 are around 100 pts. and if I may defend the Stafford owner it would be to say it's his first season EVER playing FF,I thought I clarified that in the other thread and if not my apologies because to me that was a rookie mistake.As I recall you felt that Vick going 11th overall in our league was insane as well but to this point at least in our league it's working out even for our new owner,so disrespect all you want,only season's end will tell the tale.

Nzoner
10-20-2011, 03:32 PM
You donít really know what their scoring is, and maybe top QBs are worth more than top RBs.

Thanks Kevin,that's the one constant that FF players do not take into consideration when commenting on other leagues.Hell,Hootie thought I was nuts taking Brady at #9 overall when Vick was still available but I seriously don't play the game based on last year's results much at all.My thinking was Brady was going to have another career season based on the Pats early exit at the hands of a division rival.

So far my thinking was right but as I stated above only season's end will tell us.

Short Leash Hootie
10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Vick was my top QB and #1 overall this year...so far I've been wrong. Brady was my QB2...so I thought you were wrong to pass on Vick but in a 1 QB league the draft was BAD.

Direckshun
10-20-2011, 07:33 PM
yeah, I wouldn't play Hightower...

Meh... My choices are Shit and Shit Plus.

Gore is on bye, Felix Jones is injured.

My choices are Starks vs. Vikings or Hightower vs. Panthers.

Short Leash Hootie
10-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Starks...he'll at least get a point or two.

Direckshun
10-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Starks...he'll at least get a point or two.

I also figure the Pack will be up all day, so they'll be running it more. The 'Skins could be playing catchup.

But if Stark's only getting 10 carries a game? Ugh.

Direckshun
10-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Starks:

WK Game Date Opp Result G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
1 09/08 NO W 42-34 1 0 12 57 4.8 17T 1 0 0 -- -- 0 -- --

2 09/18 @ CAR W 30-23 1 0 9 85 9.4 40 0 3 30 10.0 11 0 -- --

3 09/25 @ CHI W 27-17 1 0 11 5 0.5 8 0 3 9 3.0 5 0 1 1

4 10/02 DEN W 49-23 1 1 13 63 4.8 22 0 5 38 7.6 16 0 -- --

5 10/09 @ ATL W 25-14 1 0 12 40 3.3 11 0 2 19 9.5 11 0 -- --

6 10/16 STL W 24-3 1 0 13 49 3.8 15 0 2 17 8.5 9 0 -- --

Direckshun
10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Hightower, when he's healthy:

WK Game Date Opp Result G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
1 09/11 NYG W 28-14 1 1 25 72 2.9 22 1 3 25 8.3 10 0 -- --

2 09/18 ARI W 22-21 1 1 20 96 4.8 20 0 1 10 10.0 10 0 -- --

3 09/26 @ DAL L 16-18 1 1 14 41 2.9 9 0 5 39 7.8 19 1 -- --

Many more carries, more yardage. Touchdowns are a wash.

Short Leash Hootie
10-20-2011, 09:52 PM
that was when Hightower was the starter...now he's...NOTHING

the injury was a front I guarantee it

I bet he doesn't get 5 carries...or 3

Direckshun
10-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Welp, I've buckled on Hightower.

I started reading a bunch of Redskins blogs and boards, and everybody seems to agree that Torain is the better runner. Torain, meanwhile, rests on somebody else's roster.

So I dropped Hightower, and got back to Starks. I don't like his matchup against Minnesota at all, but they'll probably be running the ball the entire second half.

Since I don't really need any skill position players other than RB depth (which is horrific this year), I picked up the Giants defense. They're on bye this week, but they're a high scoring defense, and I can comfortably sit with them the rest of the year and be satisfied with the returns.

In the meantime, I may stick with Cundiff of the Ravens. Gostkowski is the better kicker, but the Patriots score too many touchdowns.

QB
Tim Tebow
Josh Freeman

WR
Calvin Johnson
Miles Austin
Santonio Holmes
Mario Manningham
Greg Little

RB
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
James Starks
Felix Jones

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
Billy Cundiff

Def
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants

Direckshun
10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Really hard to get upset over my production this week. But it wasn't in the cards.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=999

I've still got Cundiff in a great matchup against the Jags, but he'd need something ungodly like 7 FGs to overcome my 15 point deficit plus whatever MJD is going to get for my opponent.

This is my life this year. I'm the second highest scoring guy in the league, but I'm 5th place at 3-4. Very, very disappointing, but it wasn't because my guys didn't produce.

All my risks paid off. I dumped Hightower last-second so I could plug in Starks, who outscored Hightower by a point or two. I put in Tebow instead of Josh Freeman, and Tebow netted me about 10 more points. I picked up Cundiff and the Cowboys D and I got an alright game out of the D and will probably stick with Cundiff for the rest of the season.

Peterson lit it up. Megatron was great. Tebow was my big time guy, as I thought he'd be. Jimmy Graham was again magnificent, and Starks and the Cowboys D gave me what I needed. I got two dud performances out of Miles Austin and Santonio Holmes, but it's hard to complain when I've topped 100 yet again.

His team isn't even that impressive anyways, but this year is the year of the Individual Fantasy Player, not of the best all around team. I've got the best all around team, perhaps in the league. But they were no match for two spurts from Arian Foster and Cam Newton.

In Week 1, I lost solely because of Tom Brady. Week 4 I lost because the Ravens defense put up 32 points. This week I lose not because someone's team was better than mine, but because a couple players blew up.

Like I said though, this is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm sitting pretty on points and only have one key player (Felix Jones) down with injury. I just need to end up in the Top 4 and get to the playoffs. My team is the second most consistent in the league.

Half the league is at 3-4, the other half 4-3, with one guy at 5-2. What a fucking crazy year.

Direckshun
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
My opponents' point totals against me so far this season:

Week 1: 94.88
Week 2: 110.60
Week 3: 103.62
Week 4: 107.28
Week 5: 96.48
Week 6: 90.58
Week 7: 128.34

That is an absolutely brutal schedule. I'm the #1 most scored on guy in the league. Every week there are a ton of 70 and 80 point games and a guy is winning this week with only 57 points. But this is the lineup I have to face.

Hard to believe when you look at my point totals that I'm just 3-4.

Week 1: 92.06
Week 2: 116.52
Week 3: 86.70
Week 4: 101.18
Week 5: 119.68
Week 6: 104.32
Week 7: 105.24

That's fantastic production, good for 2nd in the league. No complaints, I drafted well and my free agency selections have been strong.

But overall, my opponents are outscoring me 725.70 to 731.78. And that doesn't even include MNF tonight when my kicker is going up against MJD.

This is bullshit!

Edited to update Week 7.

Direckshun
10-24-2011, 11:14 AM
One roster move, I did drop the Cowboys defense now that I have the Giants the rest of the way.

Acquired Antonio Brown off the scrap heap.

Direckshun
10-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Somebody just dropped Julio Jones.

No idea, maybe the guy can put it together here in a week or two coming back.

I'm putting a claim in on waivers, and I'll drop the ultra-disappointing Mario Manningham if I land him.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Julio Jones >>> Manningham (even though Manningham is a solid WR3)

Direckshun
10-25-2011, 03:17 PM
(even though Manningham is a solid WR3)

Not this year.

Short Leash Hootie
10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Not this year.

I think from this point on he will be...Cruz has fell out of favor and Manningham is healthy.

Direckshun
10-26-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't want to say this, but I'm going to. If I do not win in Week 8, I am sunk.

Despite being 2nd in the league in points, I am a measly 3-4. Losing in Week 8 would drop me to 3-5, and I have a certain loss coming up in Week 9, with both Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson on bye and going up against Aaron Rodgers.

So Week 8 becomes a must-win to stay alive. In this league, a 4-5 record keeps me in striking distance going into Week 10, but a 3-6 record... is tough to even hope for playoff contention.

The thing is, I'm going up against a really good fantasy player. I faced this dude in the finals last year, including twice in the regular season. I beat him all three times, but he was 2nd in the league and 2nd in points all year.

He's 3-4 this year too, and I've been able to outpace him in points this year, but his team is formidable.

Mine is too, but all things being equal, I think we're about even.

Tebow vs. DET = Romo @ PHI

C. Johnson @ DEN > Nicks vs. MIA
Austin @ PHI = Fitzgerald @ BAL
Manningham vs. MIA < Marshall @ NYG

Peterson @ CAR = Rice vs. ARI
Gore vs. CLE > Murray @ PHI

Graham @ STL > Hernandez @ PIT

Cundiff vs. ARI = Gostowski @ PIT

New York Giants D vs. MIA = New Orleans D @ STL

I've got the advantage, I'd say, in more places than he does, but virtually everybody on both rosters is capable of an explosion that throws speculation like this out the window. This is a tough, tough, toooooooooough week.

The main question for me is who to start at WR3: at present moment, I'm siding with Mario Manningham against the pathetic Dolphins. But I also have Antonio Brown against the pathetic Patriots pass defense. Bill Belichek hasn't been his magical self this year -- he's still able to take away a team's #1 weapon, but he can't take away any of the other weapons downfield.

I think this means Antonio Brown could have a huge game. I'm going to keep my eyes open to figure out what else I need to do.

Tebow is also a big question mark, but with Freeman on the bench, I'm rolling with him. I hope John Fox gives him a more functional game plan that plays to his strengths. I think Tebow is capable of making a lot of noise. He was able to stack up 23 points in virtually zero time against the Dolphins. I think he can make a lot of noise over the course of a whole game if the game plan is functional.

Direckshun
10-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Listen, I won the championship last year, so in true NFL fashion, I expect to have a brutal schedule. That's not how it works in fantasy, but I'm willing to do all the tough sledding like an actual NFL team would have to do.

But this is an actual matchup this week.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1002

Now I know both teams haven't adjusted their lineups yet, but this is pathetic team building. They're going to have to live off the scrap heap for a week.

And the sad thing is... one of these guys is going to win. Hell if Phenoms wins, he's 5-3 with a shit roster. Meanwhile I'm 3-4 going up against a team with a projected 102-point week (I'm projected at 118 points, but my point stands).

This was an actual game from last week:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1003

Guy scored 67 points and won. I scored 105 points and lost.

Meanwhile, here are the point totals all four guys put up when they faced me at various points during the year: 94.88 103.62 107.28 90.58 Total bullshit.

Short Leash Hootie
10-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Romo scores more than tebow this week...tebow only scores against prevent def

Direckshun
10-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Here's the projected point totals so far this week.

I'm the highest this week, as I often am.

But what's also typical is that my opponent is the second highest.

:facepalm:

It never ends.

rad
10-26-2011, 07:00 PM
I've still got Cundiff in a great matchup against the Jags, but he'd need something ungodly like 7 FGs to overcome my 15 point deficit plus whatever MJD is going to get for my opponent.

This is my life this year. I'm the second highest scoring guy in the league, but I'm 5th place at 3-4. Very, very disappointing, but it wasn't because my guys didn't produce.

All my risks paid off. I dumped Hightower last-second so I could plug in Starks, who outscored Hightower by a point or two. I put in Tebow instead of Josh Freeman, and Tebow netted me about 10 more points. I picked up Cundiff and the Cowboys D and I got an alright game out of the D and will probably stick with Cundiff for the rest of the season.

Fuck Billy Cundiff. I picked him up too and was behind my opponent 2 points and lost because of that bum. Although McFadden deciding to get hurt didn't help......no, it doesn't matter, all I needed was one lousy FG and now I hate Baltimore. Way to go Billy.

rad
10-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Oh, while I'm here....I usually don't do this, but I have Rodgers on bye and picked up Ponder (CAR) on a hunch last week. Stick with him or grab Dalton (SEA), Alex Smith(CLE) or Beck (BUF)off waivers? Maybe Shaun Hill(DEN)?

Oh yeah, Matt Cassel is avail. too, but I have a rule against that.

Direckshun
10-29-2011, 01:27 AM
Ha!

Landed Julio Jones. Bye bye Greg Little. Thanks for underwhelming. I'm sure I'll pick you off the scrap heap if/when I get fed up with Mario Manningham. Jones could end up being a WR3 for me if he gets settled back in with Ryan quickly. Santonio Holmes has been disappointing. As has Miles Austin, but Austin will get his so long as Romo is quarterbacking.

The guy that dropped Julio Jones is having some weird fire sale. He just dropped LaGarrett Blount, too... That's money. I was the only guy in the league willing to score Julio Jones for some reason, but I'm willing to bet Blount gets more than a few bites. If I add Blount, I'm going to drop the depressing Felix Jones. What a bust of a third round pick. Blount would be a brilliant RB3 though, behind Adrian Peterson and Frank Gore.

Unlike my team last year, this one is starting to take shape thanks to some timely pickups from the scrap heap and waiver wire. Tebow, Giants defense, Julio Jones...

QB
Tim Tebow
Josh Freeman

WR
Calvin Johnson
Miles Austin
Santonio Holmes
Julio Jones
Mario Manningham
Antonio Brown

RB
Adrian Pterson
Frank Gore
James Starks
Felix Jones

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
Billy Cundiff

Def
New York Giants

Direckshun
10-29-2011, 01:24 PM
One of the two guys I posted a few posts ago who had like five guys on bye this week had to release a couple of them. He released Thomas Jones, a defense, and James Jones.

Me likey James Jones. He's a solid WR4 that I could bring in to play WR3 if I suffered a rash of injuries.

I'm starting Manningham this week for reasons that pass understanding, I'm not going to abandon Santonio Holmes just yet, and I just acquired Julio Jones, so that leaves the promising Antonio Brown out to make room for James Jones.

Jones through the last four weeks:

It's not the 20 that excites me so much as it is the relative consistency. I haven't gotten anything but inconsistency from my WR corps, and it looks like both Holmes and Austin are starting to nosedive.

Hopefully they don't, but I need to start fortifying.

I should know on Blount on Sunday, and on Jones not too long after that. This league's history is that it almost never takes a player who's injured or on bye, so Blount has a good chance of getting to me. Jones, on the other hand, will be decided by Tuesday, meaning he will no longer be on a bye week. My guess is I will miss out on him, but I have a better than 50% at Blount based on a couple conversations I've had with league members.

Should all three waiver wire additions be successful, I would have traded:

Felix Jones
Antonio Brown
Greg Little

for

LaGarrett Blount
Julio Jones
James Jones

That... my friends, is a more than fair trade.

Direckshun
10-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Tebow (6) vs. Romo (7)

Johnson (1) vs. Nicks (4)
Austin (17) vs. Fitzgerald (9)
Manningham (19) vs. Marshall (10)

Peterson (1) vs. Rice (3)
Gore (7) vs. Murray (9)

Graham (1) vs. Hernandez (3)

NYG (4) vs. NO (1)

God, what a tough fucking game. This is going to be war.

Direckshun
10-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Hello, .500!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1005

Well once again I had somebody hang 90+ on me. God damn this is a tough year for me.

Fortunately, I've put up my biggest score of the year, and went 100+ for the fifth week in a row.

Thoughts to be added later. For now, I sit at 4-4 and temporarily 1st in the league in points (though I hold it by one point, and the other guy has Bowe and Mathews on deck). This elevates me 4th place in the league.

I'm also happy to report that I'm no longer the most scored on guy in the league. That distinction falls to some guy I laid 105 points on a couple weeks back. Maybe my luck is starting to turn.

Direckshun
10-31-2011, 11:46 AM
So I did not end up getting LaGarrett Blount. I did end up landing James Jones, though, although at this point I'd rather not have parted with Antonio Brown. I'm going to put in a claim for him off waivers. I don't know who I'll drop. Perhaps James Jones. I am such a fickle bitch. I know everybody's down on Tebow right now, but I'm loving him as my fantasy QB. When other QBs suck, they struggle to get to 10 points. Tebow plays like crap and he still manages me 14 points. That said, I share this columnist's opinion (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tim-Tebow-John-Fox-sabotage-Denver-Broncos-in-loss-to-Detroit-Lions-103011) that Tebow is getting sabotaged. The game plans are not suited to his talents, the protection is god awful, and the Donks traded his best WR to the Rams. WTF. Now there's rumors that the coach may take him off the field entirely and bring Orton back. I'd get by okay with Josh Freeman, but I'd REALLY prefer to roll with Tebow. C'mon, Fox. Get your shit together. Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson are absolutely fucking incredible. It's astonishing that I have them both on my team this year. To put up the crazy numbers he's put up at the RECEIVER position? He should have been a first round pick. Adrian Peterson is churning out points by the dozen DESPITE the fact that he's playing with McNabb and Ponder at QB, although Ponder looks pretty decent. Finally got some production, first time all year, out of my K and DEF. I'm rolling with Cundiff because that Ravens offense is capable of stalling. New York's defense is about to get trounced in Week 9 against the Patriots. That game is going to get ugly. The one big performance we've gotten all year out of Manningham, and I started him. I have made ace decisions all year after the first couple of weeks when I was sorting out my RB issues. As for my busts this week, they are forgivable. Jimmy Graham hasn't had a single bad week up to this point, and Miles Austin was blanketed by a two-deep Eagles defense. That brings me up to 4-4, good for the 4th in the league since I've outscored all the other 4-4 teams. There is a team on my heels by only about 8 points, and while I am temporarily first in the league by 1 point, I'll lose that lead once Bowe and Mathews start playing tonight.

Still, I've racked up five straight 100-point weeks and had the highest score in the league this week. I'm 3-1 the past four weeks.

Since the season started, I've had Week 9 down as a loss, however. Both Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson are on bye. My RB depth is pathetic with James Starks and an injured Felix Jones. My WR depth should hold together fine, I've got some choices to make there... Brady will destroy the Giants defense, and I think the Ravens are taking on the Steelers?

Oh well.

Direckshun
10-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Going to drink this up for a moment before I tank in Week 9:

Week 8: 120.18

Bitching production.

Direckshun
10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Decisions, decisions...

At QB:

Tim Tebow @ OAK
Josh Freeman @ NO

This will be a tough choice. Tebow has a much higher ceiling, and the Raiders look rudderless. Freeman, on the other hand, put up 20 points last time he played the Saints. But that was at home.

Going with Tebow. I'm out on my two biggest point-getters this week. I need some boom prospects.

So with Calvin Johnson out, here becomes my decision, needing three WRs:

Calvin Johnson -- bye
Miles Austin vs. SEA
Santonio Holmes @ BUF
Julio Jones @ IND
Mario Manningham @ NE
James Jones @ SD

I'm rolling with Austin and Holmes as usual. If Jones comes back, I'm reading the tea leaves and taking him against the Colts.

If he's not back, I think the Giants are going to be tossing the ball all over the place to catch up with Brady. Manningham it is.

RB:
Adrian Peterson -- bye
Frank Gore @ WAS
James Starks @ SD
Felix Jones -- injured

My hands are tied here. I'll monitor the scrap heap but not getting LaGarrett Blount was a killer.

If either Adrian Peterson or Frank Gore go down with injury this year, I'm fucked.

Others:

Jimmy Graham vs. TB
Billy Cundiff @ PIT
New York Giants D @ NE

I'm sticking with the Giants D now that it's healthy, but this is a week I fully expect them to get torched. Graham is fine. But I'm going to need a new kicker. I simply do not trust Cundiff in Pittsburgh.

Direckshun
11-01-2011, 08:36 PM
So, I've done the math.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1008

One team will get to the playoffs this year with a 7-7 record. That means I need to finish AT LEAST 3-3, and finish with more points than my immediate competitor who is just five points behind me.

To continue the theme of my season (that of a ridiculously hard schedule), the last six games of my season include the 1st place team, 2nd place team, 3rd place team, and fifth place team. That means my destiny is 100% in my own team's hands. That also means the schedule will be fucking brutal.

This week has the potential to become a disaster... I'm playing the third place team this week.

The guy is a pretty good fantasy player, but this year his team is shit, with one exception: he's the guy in the league who drafted Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings.

Meanwhile, I've got Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson on bye. Fucking yikes.

So I've had to dress up my down roster. I dumped Cundiff because I'm pretty sure the Steelers are going to be out for blood against the Ravens (going with Novak of the Chargers, even though they also have a tough matchup), and I dumped James Jones to bring on the Cowboys defense who are taking on the Seahawks (who are giving up the most points to defenses this year). I'm keeping the Giants on the bench against the Patriots -- since Tom Brady never has two bad games in a row.

As of now, I don't know who to bring in just yet to replace Calvin Johnson: Julio Jones or Mario Manningham. At this point, I'm going with the hot hand in Manningham. I like Jones but New England's secondary sucks, and Hakeem Nicks tweaked his leg against the Dolphins last week. Eli Manning is playing out of his gord right now anyway.

So with Megatron and Peterson out, I've gone with the roster that can give me the most boom potential, although there's a ton of bust potential, too.

My opponent hasn't set his roster so I'm just picking who I'd play if I were him.

Tebow @ OAK < Rodgers @ SD

Austin vs. SEA < Jennings @ SD
Holmes @ BUF = M. Williams vs. @ NO
Manningham @ NE > J. Jones vs. CLE

Gore @ WAS = F. Jackson vs. NYJ
Starks @ SD < McGahee @ OAK

Graham vs. TB > Davis @ WAS

Novak vs. GB = Suisham vs. BAL

Cowboys D > Detroit D (bye) ???

Like I said, though. My roster has a ton of boom potential. Tebow can go 20+ any given day, and may recover against a crappy Oakland defense that can't stay off the field with Carson Palmer sucking ass.

Austin and Holmes are decent, but not great plays. Manningham could blow up. Gore is going up against a decent rush defense, and I don't expect much from Starks. I need Graham to rebound hardcore, and the Cowboys defense to give me some love.

At the same time, his roster kinda sucks outside of his QB and WR and Fred Jackson, who's facing a sometimes great Jets defense.

I give myself less than an even chance at winning this thing. But the NFL is anybody's game this year.

Direckshun
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Added Antonio Brown back. I simply can't get over this kid.

Dropped the Giants defense. Brown has great upside, and the Giants play New England, Philly, and the Saints three of the next four weeks.

There is absolutely nothing at RB right now on the scrap heap, and this league is shit for trading. I'm literally going to have to wait for Felix Jones to heal up.

QB
Tim Tebow
Josh Freeman

WR
Calvin Johnson
Miles Austin
Santonio Holmes
Mario Manningham
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown

RB
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
James Starks
Felix Jones

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
Nick Novak

Def
Dallas Cowboys

Direckshun
11-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Pulling Santonio Holmes and injected Julio Jones into the lineup. I like his matchup against the Colts too much, and like I said, I'm going boom/bust players over steady players this week.

Opponent still hasn't set his lineup yet, and he still doesn't have a defense. Taking a guess here...

QB Rodgers
WR Jennings
WR M. Williams
WR Jacoby Jones
RB Jackson
RB Hillis
TE V. Davis
K Suisham
Def New Orleans (just a wild guess -- best option on the scrap heap)

His projected point total: 96.30
My projected point total: 88.04

I know projected points are bullshit but ugh. There is nothing I like about this week.

Direckshun
11-04-2011, 01:10 PM
My opponent has set up his lineup... and holy shit, I think I may just have a chance.

Tebow @ OAK < Rodgers @ SD

Austin vs. SEA < Jennings @ SD
Manningham @ NE > J. Jones vs. CLE
J. Jones @ IND > Sanders vs. BAL

Gore @ WAS = F. Jackson vs. NYJ
Starks @ SD > McGahee @ OAK

Graham vs. TB > V. Davis @ WAS

Novak vs. GB = Suisham vs. BAL

Dallas D vs. SEA > Arizona D vs. STL

He still has the edge, despite all my positional advantages, because if Rodgers goes off, this whole show may be over.

But at this point, assuming the Chargers figure out a way to keep him from exploding, this week may be mine. Especially if Tebow does what we know he's capable of.

Hope?

Direckshun
11-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I think my advantage everywhere else can make up for Rodgers/Jennings, but we'll see.

Some news came out a day or two ago: Emmanuel Sanders of the Steelers is out.

Combine that with a nonexistent Hines Ward, and Rothlisberger (sp?) only has Mike Wallace and my guy Antonio Brown against the Ravens.

It's really enticing to play Antonio Brown as a result, he's likely to get 10 targets or so.

It's just too risky against the Ravens defense. Meanwhile, Julio Jones and Manningham have brilliant matchups...

It's really a 50/50 decision between Jones and Brown. Arg...

Will be interesting also to see if Santonio Holmes can rebound on my bench. He has been a weak link all year.

Direckshun
11-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I can't believe I'm about to do this.

I have Santonio Holmes (vs. BUF) and Julio Jones (vs. IND) on my team, but I'm instead going with Antonio Brown this week.

Against the Ravens.

I spent a good part of my spare time today pondering what Pitt's gameplan is going to be like. They're probably not going to run the ball too well against the Ravens, and the Steeler offense now focuses on Rothlisberger's arm.

So that means he'll be chucking the ball quite a bit. With no Hines Ward or Emmanuel Sanders, his targets are going to be Mike Wallace, Heath Miller and Antonio Brown.

The Ravens gameplan like mothers, so my guess is they'll throw the house at Wallace. Miller is a good target but he hasn't had the connection with Big Ben than Brown has had.

I really like Julio Jones, but he's coming back from an injury and the Falcons will be running the ball. Even when Matt Ryan does air it out, the Colts can't cover anybody, so Julio will be competing with White and Gonzalez for catches.

Santonio Holmes... I don't know. Same thing that happened last year when he was on my team: he was a good middling option if I needed him.

This week, I need a boom/bust pick. I think Antonio Brown is my best option, bar none.

Direckshun
11-07-2011, 10:02 AM
I HATE THIS YEAR.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1010

EVERY WEEK somebody is hanging BULLSHIT NUMBERS ON ME.

I went into this week without AP and Megatron, and I somehow manage to claw my way back to 100 points. Tebow did exactly what he always does. Miles Austin was doing alright but he got injured, Manningham and Brown both did their jobs. Frank Gore never found the endzone, but it's hard to complain about 100+ total yards. James Starks gave me exactly what he always gives me. Jimmy Graham gave me something, and the kicker/defense combo was one of my most productive of the season.

That's 100 points, stone cold, on a week where I had to literally patch my team together.

And it was all going SO well... until.

I was up 20 points after the early games, and was up 17 points going into the fourth quarter of the late afternoon games. And that's when this happened: Willis McGahee broke a 60 yard touchdown run. Aaron Rodgers threw for 200 yards and 2 TDs. Greg Jennings caught one of those TDs. The Packers refused to run the ball (with, let's say, James Starks?) WHEN IT WAS FIRST AND GOAL ON THE 4 YARD LINE. This year has been exhausting.

I have overtaken the lead in total scoring on the season, WHICH MEANS I HAVE THE BEST TEAM:

But in addition to outscoring the entire league, and being 1ST PLACE IN POINTS, look how much more people are scoring on me than everybody else:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1011

It's ri-goddamn-diculous. Shit.

Now Julio Jones put up ~29 points on my bench last night, which my friend told me could have single-handedly given me the victory. But my opponent also sat Torrey Smith, which robbed him of about ~10 in points, which would have allowed him to overcome me anyway. So I'm not using that as an excuse.

It just pisses me off that I've done everything right this year and I'm 4-5, 6th fucking place.

Direckshun
11-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Might as well update this every week.

What my opponents have dropped on me all year:

Week 1: 94.88
Week 2: 110.60
Week 3: 103.62
Week 4: 107.28
Week 5: 96.48
Week 6: 90.58
Week 7: 128.34
Week 8: 94.22
Week 9: 115.48

Brutal.

Myself:

Week 8: 120.18
Week 9: 99.96

Direckshun
11-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Well this week could be very interesting. I'm playing the guy who beat me in Week 1. This is his first year playing FF, and his team ranks dead last in the league in points. His roster was absolute garbage when we played in Week 1, but Tom Brady put up 36 points, and I was vanquished by 2 points.

This guy has since done a pretty good job learning on the job, and rebuilding his team. He actually led the league in points last week, but his first several weeks were so abysmal (yet he kept lucking into wins) that he's still way behind the rest of the league in points.

But every week stands on its own in fantasy. So here's what I project our matchups at this point to be (he has yet to set his lineup):

Tebow @ KC < Rivers vs. OAK

C. Johnson @ CHI > Boldin @ SEA
Holmes vs. NE > Floyd vs. OAK
J. Jones vs. NO > Harvin @ GB

Peterson @ GB = Greene vs. NE
Gore vs. NYG > Jacobs @ SF

Graham @ ATL = Gates vs. OAK

Akers vs. NYG < Kasay @ ATL

Dallas D vs. BUF < Baltimore D vs. SEA

The key to this whole thing is Thursday night's San Diego vs. Oakland battle. Other than that, I love my full roster this week. Not a single bye for my usual starters. I will be back at .500 in no time. Even though I said that last week.

At this point, WR2 and WR3 are going to vex me for the rest of the year now that Miles Austin is not reliable anymore due to his re-aggravation of his injury.

Here are my non-Megatron WR plays this week:

Santonio Holmes vs. NE
Julio Jones vs. NO
Mario Manningham @ SF
Antonio Brown @ CIN
Miles Austin (hobbling) vs. BUF

At this point, I think the Holmes and Jones plays are the strongest. Holmes without a doubt.

But Jones has been pretty inconsistent this year, and he just posted a monster game. Other than that, he's posted 2 and 3 point games, and 10 and 12 point games. Will need to do some research.

Antonio Brown is a curious play for me, however. Cincy's defense hasn't been challenged too much so far, but I think they'll be able to stuff the run. However, I really think Big Ben will take to the air again this week, in which case he's going to be looking Brown's way a lot.

So since Manningham is going against a terrific 49ers defense, it's between Antonio Brown and Julio Jones.

Again. And picking Brown last week wasn't exactly bad (108 yards receiving), but Julio exploded.

I'll be reading the tea leaves all week.

KurtCobain
11-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Yo D, homeslice.

I need to fill a slot with one of these guys :

James Jones wr @ Min
Brandon Jacobs rb @ sf
Dallas Clark te @ jac
sidney rice wr @ bal
doug baldwin wr @ bal
Denarious Moore wr @ sd

rico
11-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Yo D, homeslice.

James Jones wr @ Min
Brandon Jacobs rb @ sf
Dallas Clark te @ jac
sidney rice wr @ bal
doug baldwin wr @ bal
Denarious Moore wr @ sd

Personally, I would fill it in with Brandon Jacobs. James Jones/Doug Baldwin/Denarius Moore/Sidney Rice almost seem interchangeable this week. Is Dallas Clark even playing this week?

rico
11-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Personally, I would fill it in with Brandon Jacobs. James Jones/Doug Baldwin/Denarius Moore/Sidney Rice almost seem interchangeable this week. Is Dallas Clark even playing this week?

I guess I haven't really checked Ahmad Bradshaw's status for the week. Last I knew, he was still iffy. Even if he was out and Jacobs was getting the bulk, I would feel at least a little unsettled with him going against the SF defense. I know that SF defense has been on a tear this year.... I just can't help, but be skeptical about them.... Keep waiting for them to fall apart.

KurtCobain
11-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Did you just argue with yourself?

rico
11-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Did you just argue with yourself?

It definitely appears that way. No wait! I was second guessing myself! Or maybe I was arguing with myself.... nah...that's just f***ing stupid... I was second-guessing myself.

Direckshun
11-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Yo D, homeslice.

James Jones wr @ Min
Brandon Jacobs rb @ sf
Dallas Clark te @ jac
sidney rice wr @ bal
doug baldwin wr @ bal
Denarious Moore wr @ sd

Blech, avoid Jacobs. The 49ers are vicious against the run. And Dallas Clark is no good with Painter.

Your choice is between Jones and Rice. I'd go with Jones. He's streaky, but the Pack doesn't run the ball. They simply choose not to.

Direckshun
11-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I've decided to go with the hot hand. Antonio Brown over Santonio Holmes. I've also benched the Cowboys visiting Buffalo. I needed a defense that would have a great matchup next week against the league's first place dude. The Rams give me that matchup, and a decent one this week.

Tebow @ KC < Rivers vs. OAK

C. Johnson @ CHI > Boldin @ SEA
Brown @ CIN > Ford @ SD
J. Jones vs. NO > Harvin @ GB

Peterson @ GB = Greene vs. NE
Gore vs. NYG > Jacobs @ SF

Graham @ ATL = Gates vs. OAK

Akers vs. NYG < Kasay @ ATL

St. Louis D @ CLE < Baltimore D vs. SEA

rico
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Yo D, homeslice.

James Jones wr @ Min
Brandon Jacobs rb @ sf
Dallas Clark te @ jac
sidney rice wr @ bal
doug baldwin wr @ bal
Denarious Moore wr @ sd

Wow dude.... at this point, I feel the need to apologize for not recommending Denarius Moore.

Direckshun
11-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Meh. Moore's role in this offense is still developing. Carson Palmer's still learning his teammates.

Sfeihc
11-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Who do I start at qb Tebow or Brady @ the Jets?

rico
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Meh. Moore's role in this offense is still developing. Carson Palmer's still learning his teammates.

I agree, I'm just referencing tonight's game.

I saw that Jacoby Ford left the game with a foot injury. Guh, I just traded two of my receivers for 2 running backs because I had Ford, Stevie Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones and Baldwin as WR's and Helu, Javon Ringer and Jackie Battle as RB's. I traded Cruz and Jones for Benson and DeMarco Murray. So I am now down to 4 WR's and one of them is already banged up. If Ford is seriously injured, I don't know what I am going to do with the W/R slots if I can't figure something else out.

rico
11-10-2011, 09:55 PM

That Craig Snograss looking Fantasy Football guru on Yahoo stated that he would start Tebow over Brady. Not saying I agree or disagree with him, just what he said.

Sfeihc
11-10-2011, 10:08 PM
That Craig Snograss looking Fantasy Football guru on Yahoo stated that he would start Tebow over Brady. Not saying I agree or disagree with him, just what he said.

I read that, still not sure.

Direckshun
11-10-2011, 11:58 PM

Brady.

Though honestly, it's six of one, half dozen the other. I don't see an advantage either way other than you know what you're going to get out of Brady, whereas Tebow's the more boom/bust type player. I prefer consistency nine times out of ten.

Also, I think the Chiefs are going to have Tebow locked the **** down.

At the end of the day, the Patriots can't run the ball. The Broncos can; Willis McGahee has the hot hand. So Brady will be chucking it, Tebow may not be.

Direckshun
11-11-2011, 12:00 AM
I agree, I'm just referencing tonight's game.

I saw that Jacoby Ford left the game with a foot injury. Guh, I just traded two of my receivers for 2 running backs because I had Ford, Stevie Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones and Baldwin as WR's and Helu, Javon Ringer and Jackie Battle as RB's. I traded Cruz and Jones for Benson and DeMarco Murray. So I am now down to 4 WR's and one of them is already banged up. If Ford is seriously injured, I don't know what I am going to do with the W/R slots if I can't figure something else out.

Who's on the scrap heap?

Direckshun
11-11-2011, 12:14 AM
After perusing all the rosters in the league, I continue to think I have a playoffs-bound and even finals-potential fantasy team.

I don't, however, have the best team. That belongs to a guy who started the season slow, but then Cam Newton blew up on his bench, Arian Foster came back from injury, and his supporting cast is very, very strong.

His team:

QB
Cam Newton
Matt Stafford

WR
Dez Bryant
Brandon Lloyd
Victor Cruz
Steve Breaston
Jonathan Baldwin

RB
Arian Foster
Maurice Jones-Drew
Reggie Bush
Jon Stewart

TE
Kellen Winslow

K
Dan Bailey

Def
Green Bay Packers
Buffalo Bills

That's a devastating team right there. I think it's in the front seat for the championship.

I have felt really good about my team all year, but I fear there's no apex with it. Other than Tebow, my team is all consistency and no boom factor.

Two of my top four picks in the draft, Miles Austin and Felix Jones, busted colossally. And Santonio Holmes, my 5th rounder, is now on my bench. My 6th rounder, Sam Bradford, busted as well.

I've worked my ass off to save my season through my usual late-round value picks (Frank Gore, Mario Manningham, Jimmy Graham, Josh Freeman, James Starks, Stephan Gostowski), and free agency acquisitions (Tim Tebow, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, David Akers). And through it all, I've managed to outscore everyone in the league so far.

But the boom potential of the above team seems too much to overcome, and my schedule has been the most difficult in the league.

I need a victory against my opponent this week to stay alive in the race for the playoffs. I'm facing the 1st place team next week (I edged him 116-110 in Week 2), and the third place team the week after.

My final game of the regular season will be against a guy who is only a few points behind me in total points scored, and shares my dismal 4-5 record. As I predict one team will make it into the playoffs this year with a 7-7 record, it could likely be the winner of that game.

My opponent this week just racked up 25 points from three players in the Chargers-Raiders game (Rivers, Jones, Gates). I must stay even with him by the end of Sunday night; I have Adrian Peterson on MNF and he only has Percy Harvin. If I can stay even with him on Sunday, I reach the sacred ground of .500.

KurtCobain
11-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Damn I should've played more. Scored 24 on my bench.

Direckshun
11-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Well... this may be the beginning of the end of the Turds of Wisdom.

I won this week with a much more sane score (I only scored 81, but my opponent scored 68), which puts me in 4th place in the league, virtually tied for 2nd in points.

But... there are too many troubling factors I'm looking at.

1. Tebow & Freeman are my QBs. I love starting Tebow, but I fear John Fox may bench him soon. Freeman's schedule continues to be brutal.

2. Matt Stafford. He is playing atrociously, which is affecting Calvin Johnson.

3. I'm missing too often on my WR selections. Julio Jones blew up on my bench last week, but scored less than a point this week. Meanwhile both Santonio Holmes and Mario Manningham do better than my starters.

4. Frank Gore's health. Gore is a man of glass, and this is mostly my fault for thinking Felix Jones could have had a career year, leaving me with the glass man and James Starks as my only other RB options. The good news is that somebody cut Ben Tate and Mark Ingram. Both could be solid options for me. The bad news is that with our rolling waivers this year, I'm 9th this week in waivers. Neither player will make it to me.

5. I can't get a good defensive performance to save my life. Seriously. Somebody trade me a defense.

As of now, I'm 5-5. Going up against the league's #1 guy this week, with three games left. However, I face the #5, #6, and #10 guy in the league afterwards.

With this roster, I don't know if I can do better than 7-7 by season's end from this point out. But my gameplan nonetheless is to expect to lose this week and run the table for the rest of the year.

That gives mes an 8-6 record and an almost guaranteed spot in the playoffs.

Direckshun
11-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Hopeless.

This week is hopeless on all four levels.

QB. Tebow is going up against the Jets. Freeman is going up against the Packers. I can't cut either of them because there's nothing on the scrap heap.

WR. Calvin Johnson is coming off a concussion. Julio Jones, hamstring injury. Miles Austin, still out. Antonio Brown, bye. So I'm forced to play Mario Manningham against the Eagles. I can't bring myself to cut any of them because if Jones or Austin heal, that's a receiver I could desperately use for the playoffs.

RB. Frank Gore is going to be a shell of himself for at least a week. I have to start James Starks again. Felix Jones was doing absolutely nothing for me, so I've cut him for Ben Tate, who I actually landed on the waiver wire.

TE/K/DEF. Jimmy Graham is out for the week, and you know what? I'm just going to take the zero because there's nobody I can afford to cut.

I'm going up against the #1 guy in the league this week. And while he's got some less-than-favorable matchups, I am taking a zero and starting a really shitty WR corps this week.

It's a loss. But one that will hopefully get me through one week. It's a shame because I beat this guy earlier in the year, and he's got some really shitty matchups this week.

But like I said, I can't afford to cut anybody. My team is hanging on by a thread.

Tebow vs. NYJ < Manning @ PHI

C. Johnson @ CAR > Bowe @ NE
Holmes @ DEN > Green @ BAL
Manningham @ PHI < Washington @ ATL

Peterson vs. OAK = Turner vs. TEN
Starks vs. TB = Lynch @ STL

blank < Olsen @ DET

Akers vs. ARI < Crosby vs. TB

Dallas D @ WAS = Chicago D vs. SD

Direckshun
11-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I keep looking over my opponent's lineup, and I can't help but think I still have a chance this week.

So **** it. I'm cutting Miles Austin (since he became eligible to get cut this week) and I'll pick him back up next week.

I've since picked up Brandon Pettigrew, who has a pretty good matchup against the Panthers.

So to update my matchups:

Tebow vs. NYJ < Manning @ PHI

C. Johnson @ CAR > Bowe @ NE
Holmes @ DEN = Green @ BAL
Manningham @ PHI < Washington @ ATL

Peterson vs. OAK = Turner vs. TEN
Starks vs. TB = Lynch @ STL

Pettigrew @ CAR = Olsen @ DET

Akers vs. ARI < Crosby vs. TB

Dallas D @ WAS = Chicago D vs. SD

I still give him a better chance to win this week, but at least now that I have Pettigrew in there, I'd upgrade my chances from 20% to 45%.

It allllll rests on Tebow. If Tebow can give me a typical performance (at least 15 points), I have a real chance. If he craters against the Jets, which seems possible every week, I have no chance and I might as well put back in for Miles Austin.

LET'S DO THIS THING.

rico
11-17-2011, 08:01 PM
I had Pettigrew for a few weeks. I cut him because it was making me so angry watching him get some yardage leading to a Schleffler touchdown.

Direckshun
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Tebow scored me ~16 points, while Holmes was clamped down by Champ Bailey. I stand slightly north of 20 points at this point.

This is turning out to be a very fascinating matchup, because both of our teams are depleted and going up against bad matchups.

I have Antonio Brown on bye, Julio Jones out on injury. I cut an injured Miles Austin to pick up Pettigrew. That leaves me only with Calvin Johnson, Mario Manningham (vs. Eagles), and Holmes.

Meanwhile, he's got Marques Colston on bye, Reggie Wayne on bye, and an injured AJ Green. So he's left only with Dwayne Bowe (with Palko), Sidney Rice, and Nate Washington.

Our running back situations are similar, too. Frank Gore is very limited with injury, and Ben Tate (yaaaay) is on bye, so I must start Adrian Peterson and James Starks. Meanwhile, he's got Ryan Matthews going up against the Bears, so he's only got Michael Turner and Marshawn Lynch.

We both have our stud TEs on bye (Jimmy Graham for myself, Owen Daniels for him) so we both had to bring in one-week plugs in Brandon Pettigrew (myself) and Greg Olson (him).

Who's deeper? Who's more resourceful?

That's what fantasy football is ALL about, and that's what makes this week so exciting.

Direckshun
11-18-2011, 02:44 PM
I had Pettigrew for a few weeks. I cut him because it was making me so angry watching him get some yardage leading to a Schleffler touchdown.

Meh, it was either him or Ed Dickson of the Ravens. Who I really like, but the Ravens can run the ball against weaker opponents. The Lions can't run at all.

Direckshun
11-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Short note: I dropped Josh Freeman for Vince Young.

QB
Tim Tebow
Vince Young

WR
Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
Santonio Holmes
Mario Manningham

RB
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
James Starks
Ben Tate

TE
Jimmy Graham
Brandon Pettigrew

K
David Akers

Def
Dallas Cowboys

OnTheWarpath58
11-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Pick Two (RB - Standard Scoring):

McCoy
Wells
Starks
M. Morris

Dicky McElephant
11-18-2011, 06:07 PM
McCoy and Starks.

OnTheWarpath58
11-18-2011, 06:34 PM
McCoy and Starks.

That's how my lineup is set at the moment.

I didn't bother asking who to pair with Megatron, as I'm stuck with Manningham due to injuries to Austin and Julio Jones.

Direckshun
11-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Pick Two (RB - Standard Scoring):

McCoy
Wells
Starks
M. Morris

God, I'd start Morris over Wells this week if I had to...

McCoy & Starks.

Direckshun
11-18-2011, 06:54 PM

I didn't bother asking who to pair with Megatron, as I'm stuck with Manningham due to injuries to Austin and Julio Jones.

You and I have the exact same receiver corps.

I actually cut Miles Austin due to his absolute worthlessness since Week 3.

Direckshun
11-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Tebow (6) vs. Manning (5)

C. Johnson (1) vs. Bowe (19)
Manningham (22) vs. Rice (23)
Holmes (24) vs. Washington (34)

Peterson (1) vs. Turner (8)
Starks (16) vs. Lynch (14)

Pettigrew (13) vs. Olsen (7)

Cowboys D (1) vs. Bears D (11)

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2011, 09:49 PM

God, I'd start Morris over Wells this week if I had to...

McCoy & Starks.

You and I have the exact same receiver corps.

I actually cut Miles Austin due to his absolute worthlessness since Week 3.

And I'm just about to give up FF.

Was down 12 points going into the NYG/Philly game with Shady, Manningham and Ballard going against Philly's D.

Unfuckingbelievable. My season's over. I built way too good a team to be 5-6.

Meanwhile, in the CP league - which of course has no money riding on it - I have a shitty team and am tied for 1st overall.

Direckshun
11-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Welp, I'm fucked.

Adrian Peterson going down was about my last hope. And I'm fucked.

I've lost this week, 5-6. I'll have to run the goddamn table to have any fucking shot.

Fuck this season. Fuck this team. Fuck the duct tape I've had to use to keep it in the top three in scoring all season, and fuck guys like Nate Washington and Willis McGahee who do nothing all year but magically find the strength to put up 25 points when they go up against me.

Rain Man
11-28-2011, 05:42 PM
I really despise fantasy football.

I'm in a league primarily for social and business reasons since it's a networked group of people. It's the only league I play so I don't prepare that much, but it's one of those ESPN leagues that gives you the opportunity to start three running backs, so they're incredibly overvalued. Everyone hoards RBs, they sign and stash anyone who has any chance of being promising, and no one will ever trade a running back. So winning the league really means that you had the healthiest running backs.

Two years in a row I ended up with no workable running backs, so this year I said screw it and drafted four running backs in the first four rounds. I drafted 12th in a 12-team league, so I got Maurice Jones-Drew, Darren McFadden, Tim Hightower, and Jahvid Best in my first four rounds.

Then I went out and thought I did pretty good in the later rounds. Eli Manning is my QB and I've got Steve Smith, AJ Green, and Anquan Bolden at receiver. My TE was Vernon Davis who's been a disappointment, and my kicker was Neil Rackers who's been fine. I shuffle defenses off the waiver wire.

I started out 3-1-1. I lost Hightower in Week 2 and other teams had already signed and stashed Torain and Helu. I lost Best in Week 5 and have been shuffling Detroit backups ever since. I lost McFadden in Week 6 and someone had already signed and stashed Bush. So now I have essentially one running back again and have one win since Week 5, and there's nothing I can do about it because no one will trade a running back under any circumstances.

Next year I'm going to draft five running backs with my first five picks, or maybe six with my first six, just to prove a point. The system is flawed when it allows people to start three running backs.

Rain Man
11-28-2011, 11:15 PM
For the love of god....

I was behind by 8 points going into tonight. I had Eli Manning and John Kasay going and my opponent had only Victor Cruz.

So think about the math. Any TD Cruz gets will likely be thrown by Manning. As long as Manning spreads the ball around he'll outscore Cruz, plus I've got the opposing kicker.

So Kasay gets 7 extra points and no field goals. Manning just needs to outscore Cruz - HIS OWN RECEIVER - by two points. That's all. It's almost impossible to not do that.

Manning throws for 406 yards, 2 TDs and 1 Int. 24 points.

Cruz has 157 yards receiving and 2 TDs. 27 points.

Damn it all to hell. I lose.

Direckshun
11-30-2011, 10:51 PM
So this is what's really, really stupid about this team I'm on right now.

I led the entire league in scoring the first nine weeks of this year, and all that netted me was a 4-5 record, good for fifth place in the league.

Now, over the last three weeks, I've had Frank Gore and Adrian Peterson, my bell cows, go down with injury.

As a result, I haven't topped 100 points once in the past three weeks.

The end result? A 2-1 record, bringing me to 6-6 and putting me in third place in the league.

I'M NOW IN THE PLAYOFF HUNT.

I'm going up against the last place guy this week, and I have a legit opponent next week that will essentially decide my season.

Adrian Peterson's coming back in a week. Tebow's cemented as the starter. Antonio Brown is taking off. I finally have a solid kicker/defense combo in Ayers/Cowboys.

What an exhausting season...

QB
Tim Tebow
Vince Young

WR
Calvin Johnson
Antonio Brown
Santonio Holmes
Julio Jones
Johnny Knox
Mario Manningham

RB
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
James Starks
Toby Gerhardt

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
David Akers

Def
Dallas Cowboys

Currently 6-6, fourth in the league in points. Two games left.

I run the table, I'm in the playoffs.

Come back, Peterson. Come back.

Direckshun
11-30-2011, 11:02 PM
My matchup this week.

Tebow @ MIN < Brady vs. IND

C. Johnson @ NO > D. Jackson @ SEA
A. Brown vs. CIN > Gaffney vs. NYJ
Holmes @ WAS > Burress @ WAS

Gore vs. STL > D. Williams @ TB
Gerhardt vs. DEN = Helu vs. NYJ

Graham @ DET < Gronkowski vs. IND

Akers vs. STL = Janikowski @ MIA

Cowboys @ ARI = Steelers vs. CIN

This game, of course, rests on the arm of Tom Brady. If Brady absolutely ignites, my opponent has a chance.

Otherwise, this should be something I do with ease.

Direckshun
12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Holy shit.

I am above .500. For the first time all season.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1065

It's hard to believe that this time last year, I was 10-3, suffering through zero serious injuries, and was coasting to a championship.

This year, I have suffered through some horrendous draft busts, insane scoring by my opponents, and some devastating injuries.

But I have scraped together a team, duct-taping it together week after week after week. And just as the playoffs are two weeks away, things are starting to look up.

I am 7-6 and fourth in points, which in this insane fantasy league, puts me in third place in the league overall.

And it is absolutely beautiful.

I'm not playoffs bound just yet. That's for next week to determine. More on that later.

For now, sweet success is mine.

Direckshun
12-05-2011, 12:32 AM
The path to the playoffs:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1066

Before I note this, let me make two quick observations next week:

I play ArmChairQB, and McClusterfucks plays Headhunters. Both of us are underdogs.

So the two realistic things this upcoming week land me in this year's playoffs: Beat ArmChairQB. or Lose to ArmChairQB, and McClusterfucks loses to Headhunters, and McClusterfucks outscores me by less than 15 points at the absolute most. In the first scenario, the playoffs look like this:

1. teamgarvey vs. 4. McClusterfucks
2. Headhunters vs. 3. Turds of Wisdom

McClusterfucks and I are in no matter what in this scenario. If he goes 7-7, he has about 40 points more than the next guy, so he's in. And assuming McClusterfucks doesn't outscore me by 15 points, I draw a nightmare matchup with the hottest team in the league, Headhunters.

In the second scenario, the playoffs look like this:

1. teamgarvey vs. 4. Turds of Wisdom
2. Headhunters vs. 3. ArmChairQB

I'd be 7-7, as would McClusterfucks, but in this scenario he doesn't outscore me by 15.

If I lose and McClusterfucks wins, I'm out of the playoffs.

If we both lose and he outscores me by 15 points, I'm out of the playoffs.

Crunch time.

Direckshun
12-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Comparing my scoring to McClusterfucks all season:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1067

Yikes.

Again, in the event that McClusterfucks and I both lose this upcoming week, I get the last playoff spot if he outscores me by no more than 14 points.

So if the goal is to not be outscored by 15 or more points by McClusterfucks this upcoming week, it's going to be tough. It's almost happened as often as it hasn't happened this year.

Direckshun
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I didn't post about this earlier because I didn't want to think too much of it...

But GUESS WHO JUST LANDED MICHAEL VICK.

Vick has been injured three weeks with broken ribs, but he's fully expected to play next week against the Dolphins.

HOLY SHIT what an acquisition. I may have just boosted my chances of winning everything this season, assuming Peterson comes back within the next two weeks.

My new roster (I also added Demaryius Thomas and dropped Mario Manningham):

QB
Michael Vick
Tim Tebow

WR
Calvin Johnson
Antonio Brown
Santonio Holmes
Julio Jones
Johnny Knox
Demaryius Thomas

RB
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
James Starks
Toby Gerhardt

TE
Jimmy Graham

K
David Akers

Def
Dallas Cowboys

With the following starting lineup...

Vick

Megatron
Brown
Holmes

Peterson
Gore

Graham

Akers

Cowboys D

That's a fantasy dream right there, people.

Direckshun
12-05-2011, 02:08 PM
A special edition of the three-way I have to keep my eyes on for the upcoming week.

I'm in red. ArmChairQB is in blue. And McCluster****s is in green.

At QB:
1. Vick @ MIA
2. Ryan @ CAR
3. Romo vs. NYG

WR1:
1. Megatron vs. MIN
2. Wallace vs. CLE
3. Fitzgerald vs. SF

WR2:
1. Nicks @ DAL
2. Steve Smith vs. ATL
3. Antonio Brown vs. CLE

WR3:
1. Laurent Robinson vs. NYG
2. Julio Jones @ CAR
3. Stevie Johnson @ SD

RB1:
1. Rice vs. IND
2. McCoy @ MIA
3. Gore @ ARI

RB2:
1. Murray vs. NYG
2. Chris Johnson vs. NO
3. Gerhardt @ DET

TE:
1. Graham @ TEN
2. Hernandez @ WAS
3. Witten vs. NYG

K:
1. Akers @ ARI
2. Gostowski @WAS
3. Jason Hanson vs. MIN

Def:
1. Denver vs. CHI
2. Cowboys D vs. NYG
3. New England D @ WAS

Basically, *I* really need to beat my opponent this week, so I get into the playoffs automatically.

Because I do not like my chances to hold off McCluster****s by 14 points or less.

I would be so much more competitive with a healthy Peterson. But alas.

Direckshun
12-06-2011, 11:15 AM
McCluster****s actually lost last night... wow. That changes things a little.

Apparently his opponent got just enough out of Tolbert and V-Jax to overtake him by two points. AWESOME.

That leaves the league looking like this with one week to go:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1068

So... I get into the playoffs in the following scenario: I win. or He loses. or I lose, he wins, and he fails to outscore me by at least 15 points.
Needless to say, I like these odds better. I'm taking on a very tough opponent, but he's taking on the toughest in the league -- a guy who's won 7 straight games and is my pick to win the league.

I like those odds.

Direckshun
12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Good news. Apparently Peterson might play this upcoming week.

He's worth more than Gerhardt and Starks, so I'd start him in a heartbeat.

Direckshun
12-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Assuming Peterson returns (I'm going to currently grade him at 80% strength).

Vick @ MIA > Ryan @ CAR

C. Johnson vs. MIN > Wallace vs. CLE
Brown vs. CLE < S. Smith (CAR) vs. ATL
Julio Jones @ CAR = S. Johnson @ SD

Gore @ ARI = McCoy @ MIA
Peterson @ DET < C. Johnson vs. NO

Graham @ TEN > Witten vs. NYG

Akers @ ARI > Jason Hanson vs. MIN

Cowboys D vs. NYG < Denver D vs. CHI

Direckshun
12-08-2011, 11:22 PM
The opening salvo of the Wild Weekend That Will Be.

Antonio Brown earns me 21 points.
Mike Wallace earns my opponent 8.

McClusterfucks didn't play anyone in the game.

I draw first blood.

Direckshun
12-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Adrian Peterson practiced today. I'm starting to wonder if he's going to fuck me this week.

I'm plugging him into my lineup at this point, but I really hope they don't end up with a 50/50 workload between Peterson and Gerhardt this week.

This does bode well if I make the playoffs, however. If Peterson is even healthier next week, I've got a lineup that can compete with anybody's.

QB: Michael Vick
WR1: Calvin Johnson
WR2: Antonio Brown
WR3: Santonio Holmes/Julio Jones
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Frank Gore
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: David Akers
Def: Dallas Cowboys

A couple things need to happen for my championship hopes to be realized:

1. Vick needs to stay healthy. (Although Tebow is a solid QB2.)
2. Adrian Peterson gets healthy.
3. Frank Gore needs to come back to form.

Gore was a monster this season but hasn't produced since returning from injury. The 49ers still feed him the ball 20 times a game though, so at this point I'm banking on the law of averages.

Direckshun
12-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Heartbreaker.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1071

Which leaves me here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1072

Fourth place, the last spot for the playoffs. But the week isn't over yet.

As I said earlier this week, there were three ways I could get into the playoffs.

1. I win. No longer possible. I lost by .2 points.

2. McClusterf*cks loses. Most likely option right now. He's down 10 points. But he's still got Seattle's defense left against St. Louis -- even though his opponent still has Brandon Lloyd.

3. I lose, McClusterf*cks wins, but he fails to outscore me by 14 points this week. No longer a realistic option anymore. Right now, McClusterf*cks has scored 114 points, and his opponent has scored 124. That means that if he wins, he will have had to have scored at least 10 more points, which would safely put him above me in point totals.

At this point, my only hope is that his opponent, Headhunters, holds on. He has Brandon Lloyd against the Seahawks, McClusterf*cks has Seattle's D.

If Headhunters holds on, I make the playoffs.

If he loses, I'm out.

God.