PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Chiefs aren't bad in Madden

lcarus
08-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Got the game this weekend. The team is pretty good. Defense rocks. Offense needs a lot of work. No time in the pocket - our tackles get beat like clockwork on passing downs but are pretty solid in the run game. Almost eery how realistic it is in that regard. Charles is crazy good. For some reason Baldwin is #88. The announcers call half the players by their numbers, including Baldwin. You can tell they really got lazy in the voice department this year.

One other thing. Arrowhead looks great. They did a great job this year making the field look realistic, and the players themselves look really realistic from some angles. The "show" before the game is nice too. KC Wolf and Warpaint are there. All in all, the game still has some issues but is an upgrade over last year.

lcarus
08-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Also yes..I'm a dirty pirate but now that I know the game is playable I'm gonna purchase it for PS3 this week. The rosters need updating badly. Almost none of the offseason transactions are in the game due to lack of time in that department. We still have Waters, Vrabel, Edwards, etc.

Bump
08-28-2011, 12:36 PM
too bad madden sucks the penis

BossChief
08-28-2011, 12:39 PM
ummmmmm

how did you already buy it when it comes out tomorrow night at midnight?

Bump
08-28-2011, 12:44 PM
ummmmmm

how did you already buy it when it comes out tomorrow night at midnight?

I heard about a deal where some people could pay an extra $25 to get it early. I doubt I could play Madden if somebody gave it to me for free.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2011, 12:45 PM
They should have already done a roster update. If not, they will do a roster update on Tuesday.

...I'm assuming you have season pass?

mcaj22
08-28-2011, 01:07 PM
roster update will be out for the street date

that includes anyone who is a dedicated online franchise player and plays in an online league

KCrockaholic
08-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I guess I'll post this here. What do you think of the offline franchise improvements, lcarus?

Al Bundy
08-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Any known changes on the PS2 version?

BossChief
08-28-2011, 01:23 PM

haha

they still make games for that?

I wonder how much they charge for a copy on Atari 2600.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2011, 01:25 PM

lol I highly doubt it. I think the PS2 version is probably at the absolute max that the console can manage.

Bump
08-28-2011, 01:30 PM

I don't know, but I heard that the Sega Genesis version is gonna be OFF THE HIZZY FO SHIZZY MY NIZZY

griZZly64
08-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Cassels actually not too bad. Im running with a custom team right now. In my online franchise we've been trading for about a month now while waiting for the game to drop. I traded:

Baldwin for Finnegan (A good cb with 90+ speed > WR)
lilja for haynesworth and a 2nd (RAPE!!! I scored on that one)
DJ + 2nd + 3rd for WR Mike WIlliams (TB... another steal)
Bowe + McCluster + 2 1sts for DeSean Jackson (The grandaddy of them all.. speed is king in madden and djax is the fastest.. hes suppose to get 100spd in the update)

With those moves my chiefs are fuckin beast. So far my squads lookin good in preseason.

BossChief
08-28-2011, 01:43 PM
I heard about a deal where some people could pay an extra $25 to get it early. I doubt I could play Madden if somebody gave it to me for free.

huh?

BossChief
08-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Cassels actually not too bad. Im running with a custom team right now. In my online franchise we've been trading for about a month now while waiting for the game to drop. I traded:

Bowe + McCluster + 2 1sts for DeSean Jackson (The grandaddy of them all.. speed is king in madden and djax is the fastest.. hes suppose to get 100spd in the update)

With those moves my chiefs are fuckin beast. So far my squads lookin good in preseason.

sounds retarded

every move except for the Lilja one.

KCrockaholic
08-28-2011, 01:46 PM
huh?

Season Pass

Bump
08-28-2011, 01:48 PM
huh?

some idiots paid $85 to get it early ROFL

KCrockaholic
08-28-2011, 01:54 PM

That sounds fucking horrible. This is like opposite of shit Bill Belichick would do.

griZZly64
08-28-2011, 01:57 PM
sounds retarded

every move except for the Lilja one.

Sounds like you don't know Madden :p

griZZly64
08-28-2011, 02:02 PM
That sounds ****ing horrible. This is like opposite of shit Bill Belichick would do.

This is Madden.. not real life. In Madden those trades are beast. Especially when we're playing an online franchise which goes for 10 seasons. I got younger and faster. DJ old, bowe slow, mccluster expendable, baldwin is aiite but in madden you need a corner like finny with some speed. Flowers would get burnt every play by the speed demons like Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, and so on.

Sofa King
08-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Those trades, in Madden, are fucking retarded.

Bump
08-28-2011, 03:25 PM
I just traded Cassel for 4 future 1st round picks in Madden....TO THE DAMN SHIP!

Al Bundy
08-28-2011, 04:31 PM
haha

I was surprised they are making it. But I guess they realize that most of America still doesn't own a PS3 or an X-box 360.

Lzen
08-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Those trades, in Madden, are ****ing retarded.
Yup. What is this dude? 12 years old?

okcchief
08-28-2011, 09:57 PM

With those moves my chiefs are ****in beast. So far my squads lookin good in preseason.

Your moves should be to improve OL and QB.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-28-2011, 10:12 PM

Okay, feel free to leave the thread then. Nobody cares that you don't like it.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Got the game this weekend. The team is pretty good. Defense rocks. Offense needs a lot of work. No time in the pocket - our tackles get beat like clockwork on passing downs but are pretty solid in the run game. Almost eery how realistic it is in that regard. Charles is crazy good. For some reason Baldwin is #88. The announcers call half the players by their numbers, including Baldwin. You can tell they really got lazy in the voice department this year.

One other thing. Arrowhead looks great. They did a great job this year making the field look realistic, and the players themselves look really realistic from some angles. The "show" before the game is nice too. KC Wolf and Warpaint are there. All in all, the game still has some issues but is an upgrade over last year.

Sounds cool. Looking forward to playing it on Tuesday.

kcxiv
08-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Once i get back into the swing of EA football. Imma be streaming myself playing online. Should be alot of fun. I just hope the game is half decent. lol

griZZly64
08-29-2011, 02:52 AM
Your moves should be to improve OL and QB.

I spent the first week trying to improve the OL. Cassel really isnt too bad this year on Madden. He will do until I can get a lotto pick through trade and get a stud QB with a cannon.

Aspengc8
08-29-2011, 07:54 AM
roster update will be out for the street date

that includes anyone who is a dedicated online franchise player and plays in an online league

The roster update is out now. I have been playing online since friday with the season pass.

I can confirm that Cassel has no time in the pocket vs a decent pass rush. Our receivers are too "slow" vs man coverage. Also, vs a decent OL, our pass rush is non-existent. Studebaker gets thrown to the ground of you try spin/rip or do any pass rush moves. Hali is better vs the run and doesnt get in vs a good left tackle.

This is all via online ranked games (all-pro). Oakland consistently locks down the pass game. Best chance at scoring is running the ball. No matter how successful you run, the AI doesnt bite on play action. Good job EA.

Dave Lane
08-29-2011, 08:03 AM
The roster update is out now. I have been playing online since friday with the season pass.

I can confirm that Cassel has no time in the pocket vs a decent pass rush. Our receivers are too "slow" vs man coverage. Also, vs a decent OL, our pass rush is non-existent. Studebaker gets thrown to the ground of you try spin/rip or do any pass rush moves. Hali is better vs the run and doesnt get in vs a good left tackle.

This is all via online ranked games (all-pro). Oakland consistently locks down the pass game. Best chance at scoring is running the ball. No matter how successful you run, the AI doesnt bite on play action. Good job EA.

Sounds very realistic. Especially the crumbling OL vs. Good DLs.

Lzen
08-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Sounds very realistic.

Yeah, except for this part.
No matter how successful you run, the AI doesnt bite on play action.

:shake:

Aspengc8
08-29-2011, 08:16 AM
I had 242 yds rushing with Charles vs some kid using the lions last night. Despite the fact that I ran stretch from Ace twin TE for the majority of those yards, the play action did not get a single LB to bite. Incredible.

The Franchise
08-29-2011, 10:38 AM
This is Madden.. not real life. In Madden those trades are beast. Especially when we're playing an online franchise which goes for 10 seasons. I got younger and faster. DJ old, bowe slow, mccluster expendable, baldwin is aiite but in madden you need a corner like finny with some speed. Flowers would get burnt every play by the speed demons like Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, and so on.

In bold is everything I need to know about you.

You're a fucking retard.

kysirsoze
08-29-2011, 07:53 PM
I had 242 yds rushing with Charles vs some kid using the lions last night. Despite the fact that I ran stretch from Ace twin TE for the majority of those yards, the play action did not get a single LB to bite. Incredible.

I hate that not one football game has really gotten PA to work. It's such an integral part of the game, but they just can't get it right. The announcers even praise it like it's working, but it usually just gets you sacked.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-29-2011, 09:55 PM
In bold is everything I need to know about you.

You're a ****ing retard.

ROFL

Dayze
08-30-2011, 07:45 AM
yeah, I don't even bother on PA anymore in NCAA. and rarely screen plays etc because of getting sacked when you're still stuck in the animation of your drop back/PA.

Buck
08-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Did anyone pick it up?

The Franchise
08-30-2011, 12:55 PM
yeah, I don't even bother on PA anymore in NCAA. and rarely screen plays etc because of getting sacked when you're still stuck in the animation of your drop back/PA.

NCAA 12 is pissing me off right now. I'm getting sacked while throwing it away because my QB turns into Tebow and has to wind up to throw it out of bounds. Fucking stupid.

Urc Burry
08-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Played my first game online and can already tell there are going to be a bunch of eagle dick riders...Baldwin and Houston both play better then their ratings on it too..Breaston in the slot is nice too

If you play the eagles, you better be bringing heat every play

And Berry just killed Vick, that won't get old lol

lostcause
08-30-2011, 01:18 PM
I just picked it up and played one exhibition game. Gameplay is better, Chiefs have talent... But tackling is fucking dope. Some of these hits look downright nasty!

Buck
08-30-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm wondering about the Offline Franchise mode.

lostcause
08-30-2011, 01:22 PM
The packaged roster is like some alternate world. So far, Baldwin is 88, McCluster is slot, Chambers is still a Chief and Tebow is starting for the donks.

edit: Vrabel and Edwards are also on there.

beach tribe
08-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Are we gonna have a CP on-line franchise or not? I call the Chiefs!!

Dayze
08-30-2011, 01:28 PM
dang it.....still debating this game.

I like to play in Superstar Modes...wonder how that mode is...

loochy
08-30-2011, 02:00 PM
haha

$50.

I bought it yesterday for an extra $100,000 so I could get it early. I mean cmon, I only ended up paying $100,050 for the game...and look at this awesome screenshot of the Bucaneers in their throwback uniforms vs the Chargers!

http://www.atariage.com/2600/screenshots/s_SuperChallengeFootball_1.png

kcxiv
08-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Jamaal CHarles is a beast on here. Once he breaks a tackle its seee you later.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-30-2011, 02:14 PM
I hope Stanzi makes the cover next year, he will be the man to break the curse

Amnorix
08-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Not that you guys care, but I figured I'd post here as it's not worthy of a separate thread -- apparently Dan Connolly of the Patriots has 50 vision in Madden (a game I know nothing about) when all other OL have just a 10. ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkHymQEuqc

Dayze
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
I loved that play. awesome.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Are we gonna have a CP on-line franchise or not? I call the Chiefs!!

We tried that a few years ago and it was a disaster. Nobody could ever schedule games at the same time, and the franchise imploded the second week in.

kcxiv
08-30-2011, 05:52 PM
shittiest commentary ever in a game.

kcxiv
08-30-2011, 06:25 PM
won my first online game against the Jets 13-10. Jets got some D, but in the 4th, i ran the rock well to get the go ahead field goal to win.

Buck
08-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Playing on All Pro with the Chargers.

Smoked the Vikes in week 1, 28-14 (they scored 2 fluky td's in the 4th) and then got beat by the Pats 24-21 in week 2. They are tough to beat in New England.

KCrockaholic
08-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Pretty awesome game. The graphics are stunning, and I'm not a big graphics guy. I like gameplay and franchise mode.

One issue.

If you wanted to import your NCAA 12 draft class to Madden, you had better of exported the file the 2nd time you were asked because if you exported the file the first time you were asked, the file will not load correctly into Madden 12. A big fuck up by EA. But it should be fixed with a patch. All you have to do is sim a season of NCAA 12, export the draft class the 2nd time you're asked, and it will work fine in Madden.

Buck
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM
You're fucking right the Chiefs aren't bad.

It took everything I had to beat them 14-7.

In the first game against Minnesota, Ryan Mathews had 18 carries for 187 yards. 2nd game he had 4 for 41 yards before injuring himself.

Against the Chiefs? 14 Carries / 21 Yards.

Fucking Houston is a beast.

Urc Burry
08-30-2011, 07:51 PM
The commentary is a fucking joke...Justin Houstin is Justin Rodgers..and Succup is Cameron Sheffield.

Buck
08-30-2011, 08:02 PM
I downloaded a roster update from Operation Sports. Before that they had last years rosters.
Posted via Mobile Device

DBOSHO
08-30-2011, 09:06 PM
play action doesnt work if you have 10 carries for 350 yards. im terrified of running a PA pass.

they got lazy with the commentary. most of the players are called by their numbers.

jamaal is insanely good on this game. with the default game speed turned back up, with his agility, homemade jukes are too easy.

Buck
08-30-2011, 09:33 PM
The PA Passes suck yeah.

I just beat the Broncos 7-6. They were up 6-0 on 2 field goals.

I scored a TD and hit the Extra Point to win. Funny thing is at the end when they show the highlights, they just showed Kaeding hitting the Extra Point like 6 times, lol. They didn't even show the TD.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-30-2011, 09:37 PM
The commentary is a ****ing joke...Justin Houstin is Justin Rodgers..and Succup is Cameron Sheffield.

Haha, I noticed that too. What the heck.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Holy crap, pro vs. all-pro is such a huge difference.

First game on pro: Cassel 24/28, 390 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT. Every throw was remarkably easy and accurate. Charles 35 carries, 379 yards, 8 TD.
First game on all-pro: Cassel 7/17, 71 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT. Every throw was remarkably difficult and inaccurate. Charles 10 carries, 36 yards.

Is there no in-between?

Buck
08-30-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm 4-1 on all pro. Every game has been a struggle except one. I don't even want to try All Madden.

The only things I don't like are the announcing and the menu format.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mama Hip Rockets
08-30-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm 4-1 on all pro. Every game has been a struggle except one. I don't even want to try All Madden.

The only things I don't like are the announcing and the menu format.
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't have Cassel, though. Is there any in-between with Cassel?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-30-2011, 10:38 PM
dam, week 1 against the bills, D Bowe breaks his jaw and is out for 3 weeks

Nightfyre
08-30-2011, 10:45 PM
The only pass I'm able to complete successfully and consistently with cassel so far is the screen. They nailed it.

Buck
08-30-2011, 10:57 PM
You don't have Cassel, though. Is there any in-between with Cassel?

Dude, Cassel is a stud in my franchise. Only reason I beat the Chiefs is because I picked him twice in the Red Zone. Jamaal Charles is fucking nasty too. He had a 67 yard TD against me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mama Hip Rockets
08-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Dude, Cassel is a stud in my franchise. Only reason I beat the Chiefs is because I picked him twice in the Red Zone. Jamaal Charles is ****ing nasty too. He had a 67 yard TD against me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why did you pick him off twice in the red zone if he's a stud? That makes no sense.

Urc Burry
08-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Cassel is 10x more accurate in this game then madden 11. I could barely play with the chiefs in that one

Buck
08-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Why did you pick him off twice in the red zone if he's a stud? That makes no sense.

He's leading the league in Yards and QB rating. At least he was.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
08-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I'll check wjen I get home, but you guys are 3-2 and I am 4-1. You just beat the Colts, I believe.
Posted via Mobile Device

lostcause
08-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Just broke out "He's got getting away from the cop speed!" on my 70 yard Charles run. :thumb:

KCrockaholic
08-30-2011, 11:22 PM
So will we have enough people on CP with the game to try to start an online franchise?

Urc Burry
08-30-2011, 11:28 PM
So will we have enough people on CP with the game to try to start an online franchise?

Would it be fantasy draft or the teams as they stand?

KCrockaholic
08-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Would it be fantasy draft or the teams as they stand?

I'd like as teams stand, but I'm up for anything.

kcxiv
08-31-2011, 12:26 AM
<iframe height="360" width="640" frameborder="0" src="http://www.own3d.tv/liveembed/20517"></iframe><br/><a href="http://www.own3d.tv/live/20517">KC's Channel</a>

My Stream, about to play some online matches with the Chiefs. Im 1-1 so far, lost 30-24 to the Eagles and MiKe Vick running lol

Ooh, im listenign to music on my CPU, so yeah. lol

KCrockaholic
08-31-2011, 01:20 AM
Nice win. I've noticed scores seem to be a lot lower this year. I don't see ridiculous scores like 55-49 yet.

That's a nice change.

kcxiv
08-31-2011, 01:24 AM
Yeah, im still learning only my 3rd game ever. Im still figuring out what all the presnap stuff does. Its pretty fun. Jackson's a beast up the middle, i had issues at times stopping him up the gut. One thing i like is this game makes you rotate the Dline. Jackson and Dorsey were tired lol

KCrockaholic
08-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Yeah, im still learning only my 3rd game ever. Im still figuring out what all the presnap stuff does. Its pretty fun. Jackson's a beast up the middle, i had issues at times stopping him up the gut. One thing i like is this game makes you rotate the Dline. Jackson and Dorsey were tired lol

Yeah the different sub formations are pretty awesome. There's one where you can put Eric Berry at OLB in the base 3-4.

kcxiv
08-31-2011, 01:37 AM
The only thing i am really not liking about Madden these days is the way the actual player feels when you control them. Its still a bit to slidey i guess you could say.

Kyle DeLexus
08-31-2011, 02:09 AM
The commentary is a fucking joke...Justin Houstin is Justin Rodgers..and Succup is Cameron Sheffield.

If you are doing a offline franchise, edit Houston and just go to his last name box like you were changing it then back out and they'll start calling him Houston.

The commentary is horrible, but the game is fun this year.

Buck
08-31-2011, 03:04 AM
I think I might do a franchise with the Chiefs...you know, familiarize yourself with the enemy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Aspengc8
08-31-2011, 07:30 AM
Cassel is 10x more accurate in this game then madden 11. I could barely play with the chiefs in that one

As long as you keep passes to under 10yds, he's golden. Anything over 10 yds is either overthrown or picked with him.

DBOSHO
08-31-2011, 08:58 AM
I think I might do a franchise with the Chiefs...you know, familiarize yourself with the enemy.
Posted via Mobile Device

:hmmm: fan blooming...

SLAG
08-31-2011, 09:02 AM
On Android:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-W7TBRSvZdi0/Tl2NSKAS4ZI/AAAAAAAAA9c/AYdY5cKH-Ak/w998-h561-k/11%2B-%2B1

Jewish Rabbi
08-31-2011, 09:05 AM
As long as you keep passes to under 10yds, he's golden. Anything over 10 yds is either overthrown or picked with him.

This. My problem is I can't seem to get anyone open within the 10 yard range on All-Pro.

Dayze
08-31-2011, 09:07 AM
I might pick up Madden this weekend. Can't believe I just typed that....

ReynardMuldrake
08-31-2011, 09:23 AM
The packaged roster is like some alternate world. So far, Baldwin is 88, McCluster is slot, Chambers is still a Chief and Tebow is starting for the donks.

edit: Vrabel and Edwards are also on there.

I have to ask: What do they have Tebow rated?

royr17
08-31-2011, 10:17 AM
im picking mine up tonight at 12 am along with my new ps3, cant wait to get home and play it.

i love me some football.

The Franchise
08-31-2011, 10:21 AM
I might rent it. I haven't decided yet.

Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Not that you guys care, but I figured I'd post here as it's not worthy of a separate thread -- apparently Dan Connolly of the Patriots has 50 vision in Madden (a game I know nothing about) when all other OL have just a 10. ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkHymQEuqc

that was great live...wouldn't it be hilarious if BB put him as kick returner once? I wouldn't even put that past him, either...

Priest31kc
08-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Got it yesterday....Played an online game and it lagged like crazy and had to quit. Played a few games on All-Pro....is it just me or is All-Pro like almost All-Madden hard now? Maybe I just suck. But it is pretty damn hard to pass, no one really gets open it seems.

Also, its almost impossible to throw on the run, altleast with Cassel. His damn feet need to be set to throw an accurate pass that doesnt bounce 10 yards in front of the receiver....

So far, not too impressed with the game. Ive been a Madden guy forever, but if 2k gets back in it, I think Im gunna try them out next year.

Jewish Rabbi
08-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Got it yesterday....Played an online game and it lagged like crazy and had to quit. Played a few games on All-Pro....is it just me or is All-Pro like almost All-Madden hard now? Maybe I just suck. But it is pretty damn hard to pass, no one really gets open it seems.

Also, its almost impossible to throw on the run, altleast with Cassel. His damn feet need to be set to throw an accurate pass that doesnt bounce 10 yards in front of the receiver....

So far, not too impressed with the game. Ive been a Madden guy forever, but if 2k gets back in it, I think Im gunna try them out next year.I have the same problems you're having with Cassel on All-Pro. McClain was wide open running a coss route, and since dipshit was on the run he threw a lob to a defender that wasn't close to McClain for an easy pick 6.

DBOSHO
08-31-2011, 04:47 PM
I actually like that they made throwing on the run harder.

I always seem to run into the people who run around with their qb like hes mike vick until they find someone

Urc Burry
08-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Josh Freeman is ridiculously inaccurate on this game

Buck
08-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Does anyone have it for PS3 and have a headset and want to play online?

My name on the PSN is BuckinKaeding

DBOSHO
09-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Just started a franchise on all-pro. beat the bills and held thiggy to 13 yds passing lol.

Aspengc8
09-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Here is a good read on the new player roles in madden 12.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/31/player-roles-in-madden-nfl-12#more-46172

For those that don't want to read, here are the chiefs 'standouts'...

Chiefs
Tony Moeaki (Future Star)
Eric Berry (Future Star)
Tyson Jackson (Underachiever)
Dwayne Bowe (Go to Guy)
Steve Breaston (Return Specialist)
Jamaal Charles (Offensive Playmaker)
Brandon Flowers (Shutdown Corner)

role descriptions...

Future Star: This role means that this player is viewed as a potential future star for his team.

Underachiever: This role means that this player is considered someone who has not lived up to expectations. It does have an in-game impact on the player.

Go to Guy: This role means that this player is valued by their franchise as a player that can make the big catch when needed the most. It does have an in-game impact, and it increases this player’s catch in traffic rating and his QB’s medium throw accuracy rating.

Return Specialist: This role means that this player is valued by their franchise as someone who can be a threat in the return game. It does have an in-game impact, positive for the player and his blockers and negative for the defenders trying to tackle him.

Offensive Playmaker: This role means that this player is someone who can take over the game when the team needs it. It does have an in-game impact, increasing key ratings on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter for the player and decreasing ratings for the opposing defenders.

Shutdown Corner: This role means that this player is valued by their franchise as someone who can shutdown any WR in the NFL. It does have an in-game impact, positive for the player with the role and negative for the opposing WR and QB

So far I'm 21-8 online ranked with KC only. For those of you having a hard time passing, EA added a new 'route pattern read' system for the defense. They will take the closest threat in their zone, so think about flooding zones with hi/lo reads. Slants & outs kill man. I don't throw deep with Cassel unless the dude brings a cover 0 blitz. His ball just hangs so much that a cover 1 FS will get there in time to swat/help the corner.

edit: sub in Breaston for PR/KR, and McCluster for wideout #4. Also, if you can, learn the defensive playmaker controls. Assign Flowers to man up their best WR (in gameplan) and shade him inside for man coverage. They have new playmaker controls to shade a receiver in/out, or bump just a specific guy. Awesome controls!

Dayze
09-01-2011, 08:13 AM
I think I'm actually going to give this game a shot; might pick it up tomorrow.

royr17
09-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Picked up my ps3 and madden 12 last nite. Love it.

But pretty pissed with how long it took to locate the ps3, they said they didnt have any in the back, this one guy went back there and looked and was able to find it, and then as im goin to the front there are a bunch of them sittin on display, talkin bout shit that could piss you off.

But it is what it is, anyways just glad that I was able to get it.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Here is a good read on the new player roles in madden 12.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/31/player-roles-in-madden-nfl-12#more-46172

For those that don't want to read, here are the chiefs 'standouts'...

Chiefs
Tony Moeaki (Future Star)
Eric Berry (Future Star)
Tyson Jackson (Underachiever)
Dwayne Bowe (Go to Guy)
Steve Breaston (Return Specialist)
Jamaal Charles (Offensive Playmaker)
Brandon Flowers (Shutdown Corner)

role descriptions...

Future Star: This role means that this player is viewed as a potential future star for his team.

Underachiever: This role means that this player is considered someone who has not lived up to expectations. It does have an in-game impact on the player.

Go to Guy: This role means that this player is valued by their franchise as a player that can make the big catch when needed the most. It does have an in-game impact, and it increases this player’s catch in traffic rating and his QB’s medium throw accuracy rating.

Return Specialist: This role means that this player is valued by their franchise as someone who can be a threat in the return game. It does have an in-game impact, positive for the player and his blockers and negative for the defenders trying to tackle him.

Offensive Playmaker: This role means that this player is someone who can take over the game when the team needs it. It does have an in-game impact, increasing key ratings on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter for the player and decreasing ratings for the opposing defenders.

Shutdown Corner: This role means that this player is valued by their franchise as someone who can shutdown any WR in the NFL. It does have an in-game impact, positive for the player with the role and negative for the opposing WR and QB

So far I'm 21-8 online ranked with KC only. For those of you having a hard time passing, EA added a new 'route pattern read' system for the defense. They will take the closest threat in their zone, so think about flooding zones with hi/lo reads. Slants & outs kill man. I don't throw deep with Cassel unless the dude brings a cover 0 blitz. His ball just hangs so much that a cover 1 FS will get there in time to swat/help the corner.

edit: sub in Breaston for PR/KR, and McCluster for wideout #4. Also, if you can, learn the defensive playmaker controls. Assign Flowers to man up their best WR (in gameplan) and shade him inside for man coverage. They have new playmaker controls to shade a receiver in/out, or bump just a specific guy. Awesome controls!
OMG you have played 29 games already, the game has only been out for 2 days lol

Priest31kc
09-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Started a franchise on Pro....am 2-0 after destroying the Lions 38-10....Think I need to go back to All-Pro even though Pro is alot more fun lol. Still haven't tried another online game even though that is what I mainly do, cant stand the lagging.

QuikSsurfer
09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Is there a roster update live now that will add free agency moves since the lockout? I remember reading things like Carson Palmer was still active and Ochocinco wasn't on the Patriots.. Also a few Chiefs moves were needing to be made along with a few jersey updates. Can anyone confirm these have been updated?

Buck
09-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Is there a roster update live now that will add free agency moves since the lockout? I remember reading things like Carson Palmer was still active and Ochocinco wasn't on the Patriots.. Also a few Chiefs moves were needing to be made along with a few jersey updates. Can anyone confirm these have been updated?

Not yet. Probably won't happen until the final cuts happen.

You can download fixed rosters at the Operation Sports forums.

Aspengc8
09-01-2011, 02:29 PM
OMG you have played 29 games already, the game has only been out for 2 days lol

I had it on Aug 26th. EA season pass lets you play the retail games a couple days earlier than the drop date. :thumb:

Aspengc8
09-01-2011, 02:30 PM

If you log in to xbox live and try to play a ranked match, it forces you to download updated rosters.

QuikSsurfer
09-01-2011, 02:31 PM
If you log in to xbox live and try to play a ranked match, it forces you to download updated rosters.

So there is a update available that fixes these?

Hootie
09-01-2011, 02:47 PM
when you guys throw on the run...take the left joystick and push it away from the pass...so if you're rolling out to the right, when you decide to pass make sure you are pushing the left joystick to the left right when you throw

Hootie
09-01-2011, 04:11 PM
gotta say...

last years gameplay was WAY better....just in practice mode now...not liking it as of yet

-King-
09-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I might get it this weekend. Will for sure get it in the coming weeks, but I hate getting games when they first come out because of the glitches and whatnot.

KCrockaholic
09-01-2011, 05:11 PM
So there is a update available that fixes these?

Yes. Roster update in the "online" menu.

Has total up to date rosters as of like 1 week ago.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM

So far, not too impressed with the game. Ive been a Madden guy forever, but if 2k gets back in it, I think Im gunna try them out next year.

Yep, All-Pro is way too hard, in my opinion. Or maybe I just suck too.

KCrockaholic
09-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Yep, All-Pro is way too hard, in my opinion. Or maybe I just suck too.

I'm 5-0 against All-Madden so far. Not trying to be mean, but maybe, maybe you just suck too. :p

QuikSsurfer
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Bought it today... Just popped it in and the fucking EA servers are down.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
I like the game, but i absolutely hate the pre snap controls, just to get a hot route in, i have to press 3 different buttons

DBOSHO
09-01-2011, 09:37 PM

xbox live had the update as soon as i got home monday night.

Buck
09-02-2011, 01:19 AM
I didn't realize if you went online it updated. I haven't tried online yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Is it just me or are the LBers in this game superhuman? It seems just about every opposing backer can jump 10 feet to break up a pass. I had one play where I threw it as hard as possible over the middle and the ROLB (can't remember who since it was one of my first games) was running away from the LOS and not looking back at all and he showed off his 100 inch vertical and made a one handed INT. It shouldn't even be possible to catch the ball one handed if I hold onto the button for a "rocket pass".

The Franchise
09-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Is it just me or are the LBers in this game superhuman? It seems just about every opposing backer can jump 10 feet to break up a pass. I had one play where I threw it as hard as possible over the middle and the ROLB (can't remember who since it was one of my first games) was running away from the LOS and not looking back at all and he showed off his 100 inch vertical and made a one handed INT. It shouldn't even be possible to catch the ball one handed if I hold onto the button for a "rocket pass".

That's been in every EA football game for as long as I can remember.

Dayze
09-02-2011, 11:45 AM
do the CPU controlled CBs still run/finish the routes or your WR's?

Aspengc8
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
do the CPU controlled CBs still run/finish the routes or your WR's?

Depending on the corner, they might read and run your route before the wr does. What also pisses me off is purposely under-throwing a fade to try and manually catch with the receiver. The db has his back turned to me running, yet stops and comes back to the ball BEFORE i can click on my own receiver.

David.
09-02-2011, 01:22 PM
I like the game, but i absolutely hate the pre snap controls, just to get a hot route in, i have to press 3 different buttons

its always been this way. The old was was Y, then the button of the receiver, then the route you wanted them to run.

New way is up on the direction pad, button of receiver, and the route.

Just play with the directions showing for a couple games, and you'll get used to it quickly.

kcxiv
09-02-2011, 02:53 PM
<iframe height="360" width="640" frameborder="0" src="http://www.own3d.tv/liveembed/20517"></iframe><br/><a href="http://www.own3d.tv/live/20517">KC's Channel</a>

more streaming!

Dunit35
09-03-2011, 06:56 PM
1-1 so far. Cassel got knocked out for the season in the pre-season. Go stanzi! Detroit beat me by throwing 3 bombs. All the computer has to do is throw a bomb, caught every time. Any good defensive plays to beat it. Berry hasn't played a snap because of injury.

Gonzo
09-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Just picked up madden yesterday. (1st time I've bought it new in 3 years). It's pretty good. The players eyes are fucking weird, though. Overall, I give it about a 7.5 out of 10.

DBOSHO
09-03-2011, 11:24 PM
im 7-0 on my allpro franchise.

i lead the league in sacks, ints, and rushing

jamaal leads the league in tds and ypc

flowers and kendrick are tied for the lead in ints

tyson is 2nd in sacks lol. he just came off a 11 tackle, 4 sack game on crymearivers

Mr. Arrowhead
09-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Ya don't know why, but t jax is a beast on this game lol
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv
09-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Welp, a few min ago, i found out the reason why i ****ing hate EA football. Played some dude that was the Chargers and he kept doing rocket passes to Floyd and Gates and there wasnt SHIT i could do. i stopped him once. He threw for 10 touchdowns and 1 interception. There was NOTHINg i could do. i tried man, i tried zone. There is no DB/WR interaction to bump and run. Its a free release everytime. I Even tried to bump and run and my LB or CB would just warp out of the way. He did the SAME play over and over again. He ran the ball once. lol

Gates and Floyd are so tall, there isnt a damned thing anyone can do because Rivers is so accurate. lol He picked the same play the whole game, well 99 percent, he ran once. lol

**** EA and their football games. I learned my lesson. NEVER again.

Again **** EA and Madden. Im NEVER going to buy another EA football game EVER again.

Yes, i know online is never going to be sim, but fuck, even in NFL2K and APF, i can stop cheese with a few adjustments. If i know a play is coming i can stop it, i knew this shit was coming all game long and there was nothign i could do. lol Eric Berry is to short. He was jumping, but he didnt succeed. lol

Fire Me Boy!
09-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Welp, a few min ago, i found out the reason why i ****ing hate EA football. Played some dude that was the Chargers and he kept doing rocket passes to Floyd and Gates and there wasnt SHIT i could do. i stopped him once. He threw for 10 touchdowns and 1 interception. There was NOTHINg i could do. i tried man, i tried zone. There is no DB/WR interaction to bump and run. Its a free release everytime. I Even tried to bump and run and my LB or CB would just warp out of the way. He did the SAME play over and over again. He ran the ball once. lol

Gates and Floyd are so tall, there isnt a damned thing anyone can do because Rivers is so accurate. lol He picked the same play the whole game, well 99 percent, he ran once. lol

**** EA and their football games. I learned my lesson. NEVER again.

Again **** EA and Madden. Im NEVER going to buy another EA football game EVER again.

Yes, i know online is never going to be sim, but ****, even in NFL2K and APF, i can stop cheese with a few adjustments. If i know a play is coming i can stop it, i knew this shit was coming all game long and there was nothign i could do. lol Eric Berry is to short. He was jumping, but he didnt succeed. lol

The precise reason I don't play online with people I don't know.

And 58kcfan89, you suck.

kcxiv
09-04-2011, 06:20 AM
The precise reason I don't play online with people I don't know.

I dont mind of people try to cheese if there is something to counter it, but there wasnt. This hasnt happened in another game for me really. Other football games i have played online, i can nullify cheese, but this? i couldnt. lol I tried.

ONe of the bigggest cheesers in APF named ZuesZues had records of 540 wins and 10 losses and i gave him 3 of them losses and he wouldnt play me anymore, because i knew how to deal with his cheese. This shit? no dice. lol Oh well, lesson learned, going to see if my nephew wants to buy the game for 30 bucks, if not, ill just give it to him for xmas or something. haha

Im an ONLINE player only. I hate playing offline. its to boring for me, so this completely ruins it for me.

Dunit35
09-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Exactly why I don't play online with people I don't know.

Hootie
09-04-2011, 07:54 AM
I dont mind of people try to cheese if there is something to counter it, but there wasnt. This hasnt happened in another game for me really. Other football games i have played online, i can nullify cheese, but this? i couldnt. lol I tried.

ONe of the bigggest cheesers in APF named ZuesZues had records of 540 wins and 10 losses and i gave him 3 of them losses and he wouldnt play me anymore, because i knew how to deal with his cheese. This shit? no dice. lol Oh well, lesson learned, going to see if my nephew wants to buy the game for 30 bucks, if not, ill just give it to him for xmas or something. haha

Im an ONLINE player only. I hate playing offline. its to boring for me, so this completely ruins it for me.

he was cheesing because he beat you using the same play?

god I hate people like you

I used to play competitive Madden online (08) and I would get comments from you losers all the time about "cheesing"...

you know I have Madden 12...I love nothing more than to play online...I have YET to play online.
You know why? I spend the first 20-25 hours of playing in practice mode...I learn the game, learn the plays, and learn what works...

so I can go into games right away when I start and know what I'm doing...

I promise you I'd MANUALLY stop this guy with Eric Berry. 100% positive.

ask Beach Tribe about me and Madden...he played me last year and saw how sick I am with Eric Berry...

Why? Because within 1 series of playing someone I know exactly what they're going to do and where they are going to go every single play...

Madden players aren't sophisticated enough...as you're saying right now...dude ran 1 play and threw 10 TD's against you?

He's not cheesing, you're just not good enough to be playing online yet.

GO TO PRACTICE MODE

(yeah, yeah, yeah...can't wait for your GREAT reply...)

and also...if you want to be my 1st online matchup...respond...because I'm sure I'll cheese the **** out of you and I've never even played 1 online game in 12...

Hootie
09-04-2011, 07:58 AM
cheesing lmao

last year I'd beat people in 11 by running a no huddle with the Chiefs PRIMARILY out of shotgun and there wasn't even a such thing as cheesing and my record was 93-5 but I was a cheeser according to many people who lost...

I guess it's easier to call someone a "cheeser" than just admitting you're not good...

A HUMAN is better than the AI at all-pro...

so if you're not beating the computer at the all-pro setting...you're not going to win MANY games online...

unless you're playing the retards...

I only play people online with winning records and DNF's less than 10%

kcxiv
09-04-2011, 02:05 PM

I used to play competitive Madden online (08) and I would get comments from you losers all the time about "cheesing"...

you know I have Madden 12...I love nothing more than to play online...I have YET to play online.
You know why? I spend the first 20-25 hours of playing in practice mode...I learn the game, learn the plays, and learn what works...

ask Beach Tribe about me and Madden...he played me last year and saw how sick I am with Eric Berry...

Why? Because within 1 series of playing someone I know exactly what they're going to do and where they are going to go every single play...

Madden players aren't sophisticated enough...as you're saying right now...dude ran 1 play and threw 10 TD's against you?

GO TO PRACTICE MODE

and also...if you want to be my 1st online matchup...respond...because I'm sure I'll cheese the **** out of you and I've never even played 1 online game in 12...

Your not listening to what the fuck i am saying, unless Barry can cover 2 guys and even then, he would be to short to do anything. Rivers is so accurate in this game, that its impossible for a 5"10 guy to out jump a Gates or Floyd. The only chance you had was them dropping a pass, which didnt happen often at all.

I wish i would have recorded it. Ill keep playing a few games til i find someone else that does it, then ill upload what i mean. It was the first time i played someone like that this year, but that shit is terrible.

As i said before, i never had this problem ever in the "other" companies football game, not to this extent. There was always a counter to it. I would also play the top cheap ass players in the other game in order to figure out their lame ass tactics. This i couldnt find a way.

Hootie
09-04-2011, 02:30 PM
yeah well...people called me a cheeser nonstop last year because I ran a hurry up shotgun offense that featured Jamaal Charles running like a mad man...

somehow that was cheesing

I just don't like people complaining about cheesing, as I don't think it even freaking exists in these games anymore...

yeah in 08 when you could juke your line and have them blitz the passer like crazy while keeping 7 back in coverage...sure, that's cheesing...

but the game doesn't work like that anymore

Gonzo
09-04-2011, 02:46 PM
yeah well...people called me a cheeser nonstop last year because I ran a hurry up shotgun offense that featured Jamaal Charles running like a mad man...

I just don't like people complaining about cheesing, as I don't think it even freaking exists in these games anymore...

yeah in 08 when you could juke your line and have them blitz the passer like crazy while keeping 7 back in coverage...sure, that's cheesing...

I've always thought that I was well above average at every Madden game since 98. I played online the 1st time last year and learned my lesson. Even in all madden mode, playing someone like you who's obsessed just isn't the same...
BTW, explain to me how running no-huddle is "cheesing?" that makes no sense to me, whatsoever.

58kcfan89
09-04-2011, 03:07 PM

GO TO PRACTICE MODE

Just out of curiousity, are you on PS3 or 360? I'm on PS3 (or will be when I buy the game shortly lol) and you'd probably kick my ass, but at least I feel like I could enjoy playing you.

I have no problem losing to someone who knows what they're doing, but I tend to have my fair share of games when I just can't do anything right (practice mode would probably help reduce this lol) and the guy runs a handful of plays (usually just deep passes & screens) that I have a hard time stopping for any number of reasons.

Anyway, I usually play a mix of online & offline. Offline vs. CPU gets old and repetitive and my friends just aren't very good... Then I get online and get a mix of competitive games & blowouts (both for & against).

-King-
09-04-2011, 05:17 PM
I've always thought that I was well above average at every Madden game since 98. I played online the 1st time last year and learned my lesson. Even in all madden mode, playing someone like you who's obsessed just isn't the same...
BTW, explain to me how running no-huddle is "cheesing?" that makes no sense to me, whatsoever.

Same with me. I thought I was the shit because I could kick the computers ass. Then I went online....holy shit I got cock stomped.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
09-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Madden really catered to me last year with the pre-snap features...

it allowed me to take ONE FORMATION and audible it into 8 different plays (or so)...so I was pretty much unstoppable offensively...

I threw no picks ever...and was only ever stopped if Charles or McCluster fumbled the ball (as they were my two RB's)...

my typical numbers would be 20 carries 250 yards for Charles with 8 catches and another 200 yards...realistic? No.

I don't use jukes...you use manual jukes...hard to explain...

and I was the (and I know it's gay to brag) best safety defensive player I've ever seen...I probably averaged 1.5 user pick 6's with Eric Berry per game...and 1 or 2 sacks...and 10 tackles...ask beach tribe about playing against my Eric Berry.

Last year, shotgun draws and screens and quick passes were super, super, super efficient...they just worked...

I'd have a 4th and 9 (never punted one time ever, not worth it) and I'd do my hurry up and audible it to my bread and butter draw and pick up a 1st 80% of the time (when I ever got into that 4th and 9)

against the best of the best of the best it's all about possessions...every kickoff is an onside kick, never punt...it comes down to who recovers a kick or who makes that one mistake...I honestly fucking hate fumbles in the game that aren't caused by a USER big hit...since it's so fucking fluky...

yeah yeah yeah (I hate playing no punters! That's unrealistic! Who kicks every kick onside?!?!)

It's a fucking video game. I can't wait to move to Dallas (Friday) get shit straight and then start pwning some n00bs again...

P.S. XBox 360 with the handle Scary Berry 29 for anyone who wants to play...yes, I did spend $10 decking out my Eric Berry avatar with Tennessee gear and Air Jordan's.

Hootie
09-04-2011, 06:05 PM
and I think Madden 11 (IF YOU PLAY THE GAME AND DON'T CARE ABOUT FRANCHISE) is by far the greatest football video game ever made (by a mile) and the fanboys who still talk about 2K5 are dead, dead, dead, dead, dead wrong.

NJChiefsFan
09-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Anybody else having an issue stopping the run with KC against good human oppenents? I usually beat my one friend 70% of the time, but as the Jets this year I have struggled to stop the run, which is normally my strength, even with crappy KC defenses in the past.

I have tried the 34 roster, even switched everybody around to a 43 with Hali, Dorsey, Gregg, Jackson as front 4....Belcher, Stud, DJ as back 3. Always seems to be 2 gaps open on every play. The swing toss seems to be a tough play to stop unless you are playing for it.

Nightfyre
09-04-2011, 07:20 PM
I wish they would figure out there is a schematic difference between 3-4 and 4-3, as well as the role players take in them. Like, why play a 3-4 in madden? your D-lineman aren't occupying two blockers... it doesn't free your lb'ers up.... the 4-6 was by far the best playbook in 2011, imo. I have continued messing with the 3-4 in 2012, but haven't tried the 4-6 in 2012 yet.

kcxiv
09-04-2011, 11:19 PM
and I think Madden 11 (IF YOU PLAY THE GAME AND DON'T CARE ABOUT FRANCHISE) is by far the greatest football video game ever made (by a mile) and the fanboys who still talk about 2K5 are dead, dead, dead, dead, dead wrong.

APF owns 2k5 in gameplay by far imo. Its not perfect, but **** it was fun as ****. At least to me, i played about 800-900 online games.

And Madden is OK at best, shit isnt the greatest. At least i dont think so, not at all. not by a long shot.

kcxiv
09-04-2011, 11:24 PM

lol, It essentially is cheesing according to the sim players, but it wouldnt bother me one bit.

Like i said, i should just message the dude so ic an play him again, and show people what i was talking about. Rivers playsed the ball so high that there was just NO way my guys could even get to the ball. Like i said his other dudes are so tall floyd and Gates, that even super jumping linebackers were just physically to short. The only way possible to stop what he was doing which now that i think about it i didnt try, was to hit the receiver with the hit stick as he was catching it.

Rivers is just so damned accurate, that the ball was thrown perfectly the whole time. I tried to do the same after i seen what he was doing and well Matt Cassel cant do it, he's not accurate enough 15 yards down field lol

But, like i said according to simulation heads no huddling all game IS cheese. Like i said, i dont play pure sim, i can if people wnat to play that way. I usually do til i see someone else playing differently, but i am not one to put someone on blast for it. I study what they are doing and try to find a counter if there is one, and like i said in the "other" games, there has been something.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Rivers is just so damned accurate, that the ball was thrown perfectly the whole time. I tried to do the same after i seen what he was doing and well Matt Cassel cant do it, he's not accurate enough 15 yards down field lol

Then the game is pretty much on the money lol

58kcfan89
09-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I wish they would figure out there is a schematic difference between 3-4 and 4-3, as well as the role players take in them. Like, why play a 3-4 in madden? your D-lineman aren't occupying two blockers... it doesn't free your lb'ers up.... the 4-6 was by far the best playbook in 2011, imo. I have continued messing with the 3-4 in 2012, but haven't tried the 4-6 in 2012 yet.

This is one of the big things that bug me about defense in Madden. It may be a bit different this year, but I know in last year's game, Dorsey & Jackson always led my team in sacks, with Tamba only having a couple per season (while running a 3-4). For some reason, that really bugs me....

Nightfyre
09-06-2011, 01:34 AM
I must suck at this game... Im 0-3 so far in ranked matches... lol

What are some tips from the pros?

kcxiv
09-06-2011, 02:00 AM
This is one of the big things that bug me about defense in Madden. It may be a bit different this year, but I know in last year's game, Dorsey & Jackson always led my team in sacks, with Tamba only having a couple per season (while running a 3-4). For some reason, that really bugs me....

Tamba is to far out thats why. This game engine is flawed for linebackers to really get sacks if they arent coming up the middle.

The ONLY time i have seen Hali get a sack is when the WR are covered and the play breaks down. He has no shot to get close because of the game itself. Its just a flawed engine.

Quesadilla Joe
09-06-2011, 02:59 AM
I must suck at this game... Im 0-3 so far in ranked matches... lol

What are some tips from the pros?

Back when I used to play Madden I would find a formation with three or four good running plays, a good playaction play, and a man to man killer (normally a play with a good crossing route). And I would set up 3 or 4 audibles in that formation and I would use audibles most of the game.

It is almost impossible to stop somebody who does that because every play looks exactly the same. I would have killer pass plays too for 3rd down but on 1st and 2nd down I would normally stick to my audible formation.

Hootie
09-06-2011, 08:59 AM
lol, It essentially is cheesing according to the sim players, but it wouldnt bother me one bit.

Like i said, i should just message the dude so ic an play him again, and show people what i was talking about. Rivers playsed the ball so high that there was just NO way my guys could even get to the ball. Like i said his other dudes are so tall floyd and Gates, that even super jumping linebackers were just physically to short. The only way possible to stop what he was doing which now that i think about it i didnt try, was to hit the receiver with the hit stick as he was catching it.

But, like i said according to simulation heads no huddling all game IS cheese. Like i said, i dont play pure sim, i can if people wnat to play that way. I usually do til i see someone else playing differently, but i am not one to put someone on blast for it. I study what they are doing and try to find a counter if there is one, and like i said in the "other" games, there has been something.
no huddling all game is cheesing?!?!? lmao

so Peyton Manning is an IRL cheeser!

Now I've heard it all.

Hope you have a 360, can't wait to play you.

KCrockaholic
09-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Tamba is to far out thats why. This game engine is flawed for linebackers to really get sacks if they arent coming up the middle.

The ONLY time i have seen Hali get a sack is when the WR are covered and the play breaks down. He has no shot to get close because of the game itself. Its just a flawed engine.

Something that helps is audibling Hali's pass rush route to straight down. All of the main rush routes for linebackers are at an angle slant in towards the LT or RT. If he is audibled to go down (right on the D-pad, left on the right stick), it will force the LT to lock up with the DE most of the time, and a lot of times leave Tamba just one pass rush move, or maybe even free to the QB.

58kcfan89
09-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Something that helps is audibling Hali's pass rush route to straight down. All of the main rush routes for linebackers are at an angle slant in towards the LT or RT. If he is audibled to go down (right on the D-pad, left on the right stick), it will force the LT to lock up with the DE most of the time, and a lot of times leave Tamba just one pass rush move, or maybe even free to the QB.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.

Just picked up the game this afternoon, if someone wants to play a game I'm down (PS3). I'm not great, but I can hang with most people and win my fair share. BurnsIsBurning is the username.

David.
09-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Now I've heard it all.

Who would willingly play a cheeser? Its douchebags like you that ruin online play. Congrats on exploiting a poorly designed game.

Thank god for online leagues/sim communities.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv
09-06-2011, 11:22 PM

Now I've heard it all.

If your not using the Colts it is. Thats just how the "sim community" is. They have crazy strict rules. ITs like, until you see Matt Cassel no huddle all game, its cheese. According to THEM! Not me. I personally dont care. The only thing i dont like is if your exploiting a flaw in the game. To me thats just lame shit.

Bump
09-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I made history this year. I didn't buy Madden. First time since the year 1990 or whenever it first came out (might have been 1991 or 92, bite me).

I bought it every single year, even though the past 5 or 6 years have been total disappointments and I finally got smart enough not to buy it! YAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss 2K football games. You can only update the rosters on 2K5 so many times before it gets ****ing played out. It's ****ing bullshit.

58kcfan89
09-07-2011, 01:32 AM
So I'm screwing around in the first couple games of my franchise & have a few questions...

1) Any hints on getting DMC the ball? He's my #3 RB behind Jamaal & Jones and I'd like to get him more involved while sill keeping the JC/Jones thing going if possible.

2) In the Chiefs DEF playbook, is there a difference between the 2-3-6 and the 2-3-6 Sub packages? Cause I'm not seeing any differences in personnel or plays...

3) Are injuries really ridiculous or did I just get unlucky? After 1 week, Belcher, Siler, Sheffield & Lilja are all out from 4-9 weeks and Gaither's done for the season. I realize most of those guys are injury prone, but that seems a little over the top to me...

Thanks.

Aspengc8
09-07-2011, 08:01 AM
So I'm screwing around in the first couple games of my franchise & have a few questions...

1) Any hints on getting DMC the ball? He's my #3 RB behind Jamaal & Jones and I'd like to get him more involved while sill keeping the JC/Jones thing going if possible.

I set him as #4 WR in the depth chart. He is pretty good route running & decent catch in traffic. I also sub him in on wild cat for the jet sweep to give JC/TJ a rest. Another good formation for him is shotgun split close. Use the 'dual HB swap' package, and sub him in for Jones. Now you have DMC & JC as dual threat coming out of the backfield. Shotgun trips with 'all wr' package is nice too, puts him tight and a yard off the line, which means he cant get bumped.

2) In the Chiefs DEF playbook, is there a difference between the 2-3-6 and the 2-3-6 Sub packages? Cause I'm not seeing any differences in personnel or plays...
2-3-6 sub & even have different plays, namely even has the 'sugar blitz's'

3) Are injuries really ridiculous or did I just get unlucky? After 1 week, Belcher, Siler, Sheffield & Lilja are all out from 4-9 weeks and Gaither's done for the season. I realize most of those guys are injury prone, but that seems a little over the top to me...

dont know about this one.. i only play online and never really get injuries. Cassel got hurt online once, and I smoked the dude with Stanzi.
Thanks.

bolded. Also, check out Carolina's playbook instead of KC. You can pretty much stay in singleback tight all game and destroy the defense. Package McCluster as #4 wr, and roll 4 wr package with JC in the backfield.

royr17
09-07-2011, 11:02 AM
I played the bills yesterday and beat them 55-7. I love this years game. My running game is awesome and kicks ass.

The Franchise
09-07-2011, 11:34 AM
I played the bills yesterday and beat them 55-7. I love this years game. My running game is awesome and kicks ass.

You're playing on Pro....aren't you?

royr17
09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
You're playing on Pro....aren't you?

nope, all pro

Jewish Rabbi
09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
nope, all pro

I call bullshit.

royr17
09-07-2011, 01:07 PM
I call bullshit.

call bullshit all you want.

Hootie
09-07-2011, 04:41 PM
so because I like to play no huddle (always have, and always will...when they let you) it's cheesing?!

you guys are fucking hysterical

hey take a minute to set your offensive audibles and defensive audibles so you have different defenses when someone hurries up...

I think it's god damn hysterical people think hurry up is cheesing...I invite anyone to use hurry up against me...doesn't bother met at all...I still patrol the field with Berry and I still have all my defenses I use in my audible list...

KCrockaholic
09-08-2011, 12:31 AM
....9-5 in my Madden franchise on All-Madden. Not bad.

kcxiv
09-08-2011, 01:38 AM
so because I like to play no huddle (always have, and always will...when they let you) it's cheesing?!

you guys are ****ing hysterical

hey take a minute to set your offensive audibles and defensive audibles so you have different defenses when someone hurries up...

I think it's god damn hysterical people think hurry up is cheesing...I invite anyone to use hurry up against me...doesn't bother met at all...I still patrol the field with Berry and I still have all my defenses I use in my audible list...
Your not listenign to what i am saying, its not just because you have done it, its that the team you are using doesnt no huddle all game. If you were the Colts, then its ok, because he actually does it. Thats just how it works. You dont have to like it, but im saying thats how they are. I have had long ass discussions about that kind of shit since the Dricas dreamcast NFL2k3 days.

You can play how you want, but you will be considered cheese in the "sim" community.!

-King-
09-08-2011, 05:08 AM

you guys are fucking hysterical

Lol you didn't read at all what kcxiv said
Posted via Mobile Device

royr17
09-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I call bullshit.

so you call bullshit, just to prove yall wrong, i went and played on pro against the raiders, well i ended up beating the raiders 125-0.

so say what you want.

Hootie
09-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Lol you didn't read at all what kcxiv said
Posted via Mobile Device

"you guys" was the sim community he was referring to

Urc Burry
09-08-2011, 11:17 AM
My scores so far...All-Pro 7 min quarters

Bills: 66-20
Lions: 31-17
Chargers: 27-13
Vikings: 42-17
Colts: 49-14

58kcfan89
09-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Just played my first game online, destroyed the Chargers with KC, 31-7. I offered mercy in the 3rd quarter & he took it. Threw 1 bad pick with Cassel and he pissed me off a couple times, but hit on most of the short stuff and I killed him with the run game. Gunna play some more online games later today. Good times.

Pants
09-08-2011, 12:18 PM
so you call bullshit, just to prove yall wrong, i went and played on pro against the raiders, well i ended up beating the raiders 125-0.

so say what you want.

LMAO

You suck, dude. I beat the Raiders 125-0 on ALL PRO.

QuikSsurfer
09-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm apparently a asshole for not accepting a "friendly quit" --- Why would I accept a friendly quit in a ranked game in the 3rd quarter? I haven't just spent 30 minutes playing the first half to just flush it down the drain.
Fuckin amateurs

58kcfan89
09-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Alright, it's official: I hate this "Dynamic Player Performance" crap. My entire OL (Albert, Asamoah, Weigmann, Lilja & Gaither) is on a cold streak 3 weeks into the season. I'm playing SD and have zero running lanes and no time to throw (which is causing Cassel, Charles & my WRs all to suffer). Less than 40 total yards at halftime and no points. Screens, slants, curls, drags, dives, draws, whatever the hell I'm trying, it's not working. Same thing happened vs. DET last week, but I was lucky enough to hit Bowe deep for a late TD to put me ahead.

And Moeaki/McClain can't run-block to save their lives. Christ.

Screen pass to Charles was perfectly set up, but Moeaki can't hold his block on a CB long enough to get past the LOS.... I'm turning the PS3 off until after the Packers-Saints game, this is pissing me off too much right now./rant

Inb4"yousuck"

Hootie
09-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm apparently a asshole for not accepting a "friendly quit" --- Why would I accept a friendly quit in a ranked game in the 3rd quarter? I haven't just spent 30 minutes playing the first half to just flush it down the drain.
****in amateurs

if it were tied or he was winning...it is a dick move to decline...

I've had times where I'm up two scores, something comes up, I try and friendly quit, and get rejected...that's an asshole move.

Fire Me Boy!
09-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Alright, it's official: I hate this "Dynamic Player Performance" crap. My entire OL (Albert, Asamoah, Weigmann, Lilja & Gaither) is on a cold streak 3 weeks into the season. I'm playing SD and have zero running lanes and no time to throw (which is causing Cassel, Charles & my WRs all to suffer). Less than 40 total yards at halftime and no points. Screens, slants, curls, drags, dives, draws, whatever the hell I'm trying, it's not working. Same thing happened vs. DET last week, but I was lucky enough to hit Bowe deep for a late TD to put me ahead.

And Moeaki/McClain can't run-block to save their lives. Christ.

Screen pass to Charles was perfectly set up, but Moeaki can't hold his block on a CB long enough to get past the LOS.... I'm turning the PS3 off until after the Packers-Saints game, this is pissing me off too much right now./rant

Inb4"yousuck"

Nope. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7877995&postcount=129

QuikSsurfer
09-08-2011, 01:19 PM
if it were tied or he was winning...it is a dick move to decline...

I've had times where I'm up two scores, something comes up, I try and friendly quit, and get rejected...that's an asshole move.

I agree on the flip side... But if I'm up and and he wants to quit towards the end of the game because he's getting whipped, not going to accept it.

kcxiv
09-08-2011, 01:23 PM
i dont care if tis 80-14. i wont ever quit. im trying to figure out your money plays. lol

Ill never quit or give up. lol im in it til the end. I can take my ass whoopins like a man IRL or in a video game. haha.

58kcfan89
09-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Nope. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7877995&postcount=129

LMAO Dammit.

Gunna try to get another game online in, hopefully I can keep half my team off these "cold streaks"...

royr17
09-08-2011, 04:05 PM
anyone know when the new roster update is coming out ?

SLAG
09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
ok..
i'm gonna buy madden tonight

who wants some

QuikSsurfer
09-08-2011, 04:24 PM
anyone know when the new roster update is coming out ?

They were out every Friday last year.

QuikSsurfer
09-08-2011, 04:24 PM
ok..
i'm gonna buy madden tonight

who wants some

http://members.tripod.com/~evil_bicky/aodpics/aod37_b.gif