PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone in KC having Time Warner Cable Issues right now?

mnchiefsguy
08-28-2011, 02:14 PM
TWC can't seem to confirm whether there is an issue in the KC area or if it is me. They can barely speak english. Luckily I have mobile internet as well to stay connected to the world. :D

KevB
08-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes, but just turned pc back on and it seems to be better.

stonedstooge
08-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Mine just came back up. Been out all day

mnchiefsguy
08-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Mine just came back up. Been out all day

Mine just came up too it appears. Thanks!

Valiant
08-28-2011, 02:24 PM
It keeps happening randomly where the internet goes out..

Stanley Nickels
08-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Okay, get ready, nerd alert. My TWC internet was out this morning. I completely troubleshooted my WiFi and ensured there was nothing on my end. However, within the modem GUI, it was receiving an external IP occasionally. So, it wasn't the modem. Called TWC, he said they're only getting about 20% of packets through and pinging is horrible, so it's likely a TWC corporate thing. My guess? Irene somehow affected staffing at the corporate level and there's hardly anyone there to fix what would normally be a short or preventable outage. Anyway, all that is to say, it's them not you, and it's likely going to be completely fixed soon. BTW, I've always had native English speakers from Kansas City when I call.. do you call the local (816) offices?

WebGem
08-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Maybe post this thread on a forum where the subject is relevant? Fucking idiot.

Mosbonian
08-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I have TWC here in Kentucky and mine was down for about 3 hours starting at 11 AM.

Bowser
08-28-2011, 02:47 PM
It keeps happening randomly where the internet goes out..

Same. Our TV has been fine, but the interwebs come and go....

pr_capone
08-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Maybe post this thread on a forum where the subject is relevant? ****ing idiot.

sandyvag much?

keg in kc
08-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Well, it sounds like a good day to install a new motherboard when i get home.

phisherman
08-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Funny stuff in Time Warner land. I called yesterday to report my outage and was told "there are no outages in your area currently". then i proceeded to repeatedly press the zero button to talk to an operator, only to get a recording stating that "there were multiple outages on both sides of the state line".

Fish
08-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Perfect timing with this bullshit yesterday. Had a big FF draft in my buddy's garage, and the damn internet goes out directly before the draft. Everybody brought laptops expecting to have internet in order to lookup player info and such. Some mad fellas when it wouldn't work. Luckily somebody brought a 3G card that we could use. Otherwise it would have been ugly...

Mr. Laz
08-29-2011, 12:47 PM
TWC can't seem to confirm whether there is an issue in the KC area or if it is me. They can barely speak english. Luckily I have mobile internet as well to stay connected to the world. :D
TWC and RR have been buggy for several months.

MoreLemonPledge
08-29-2011, 02:22 PM
TWC and RR have been buggy for several years.

FYP

keg in kc
08-29-2011, 02:29 PM
I must have the one good TWC modem or something. (Knock on wood...).

My cable box is what gives me fits. HD channels go out regularly (usually FX or cartoon network). DVR recordings get corrupted.

mnchiefsguy
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Okay, get ready, nerd alert. My TWC internet was out this morning. I completely troubleshooted my WiFi and ensured there was nothing on my end. However, within the modem GUI, it was receiving an external IP occasionally. So, it wasn't the modem. Called TWC, he said they're only getting about 20% of packets through and pinging is horrible, so it's likely a TWC corporate thing. My guess? Irene somehow affected staffing at the corporate level and there's hardly anyone there to fix what would normally be a short or preventable outage. Anyway, all that is to say, it's them not you, and it's likely going to be completely fixed soon. BTW, I've always had native English speakers from Kansas City when I call.. do you call the local (816) offices?

I was on the internet chat since our phone was down, but my mobile internet was still working. We have a pay as you go cell phone, and I did not want to blow our minutes on hold with the local number. The internet chat was a complete waste of time.

KCUnited
09-05-2011, 11:26 AM
No HD channels in Midtown. Internet/phone seem fine.