PDA

View Full Version : How far is "too far" for Chris Johnson to fall?

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 02:57 PM
At what point in the first round is CJ2K to good to pass up? Dude could end up pulling a Vincent Jackson and missing most of the year.

Or, is he still a sure-fire Top 4 pick as always?

SNR
08-30-2011, 03:03 PM
I've always been kind of skiddish about Chris Johnson.

I would take AP, Rice, Foster, Charles, McCoy, and probably Vick, Andre Johnson, and Roddy White before rolling the dice on Johnson.

7th is probably a good spot for me personally. Depending how I'm feeling that day.

Fish
08-30-2011, 03:06 PM
I wasn't going to touch him first round this year. Second probably for me. He went #3 in my last league...

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 03:13 PM
I've always been kind of skiddish about Chris Johnson.

I would take AP, Rice, Foster, Charles, McCoy, and probably Vick, Andre Johnson, and Roddy White before rolling the dice on Johnson.

7th is probably a good spot for me personally. Depending how I'm feeling that day.

I'd add Aaron Rodgers to that list, assuming 6/TD.

FWIW, I'm picking 6th in the CP league and 8th in my money league, and I don't see myself taking him in either if he's available.

SNR
08-30-2011, 03:21 PM
I'd add Aaron Rodgers to that list, assuming 6/TD.

FWIW, I'm picking 6th in the CP league and 8th in my money league, and I don't see myself taking him in either if he's available.If we're talking 6/TD I'd add Brady in there before Vick and Rodgers

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
If we're talking 6/TD I'd add Brady in there before Vick and Rodgers

Wow. You think Brady is the QB1 this year?

MahiMike
08-30-2011, 05:49 PM
CJ went in 2nd round in our league.

Nzoner
08-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Friend of mine drafted last sat and CJ went 9th overall

seeth213
08-30-2011, 07:48 PM
honestly i think he is on his way out....i would pick him up at 15

eazyb81
08-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I just picked him up at #6.

Obviously huge risk, but he has top 3 overall upside and I think the holdout could end soon. I'd rather gamble on him than take someone like Turner or Mendenhall.

sedated
08-30-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm letting others take him - I wouldn't be tempted until maybe the 3rd round.

There are too many other sure things out there, RBs split carries these days, holdouts have a history of injuries, he is under-sized, TEN is a bad team, and he didn't exactly set the world on fire last year. Let someone else deal with the headache.

MahiMike
08-30-2011, 09:25 PM
After getting burned by both Randy Moss and Vincent Jackson last year, I'd forget him altogether.

SNR
08-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Wow. You think Brady is the QB1 this year?The Patriots are going to score TDs. They're not exactly a running team. They've got receivers galore and that lethal 2-TE set with Hernandez and Gronkowski.

I see 40+ TDs for Brady this year.

MoreLemonPledge
08-31-2011, 02:19 AM
You guys can all pass on him. I'll gladly pick him up at a discount.

eazyb81
08-31-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm letting others take him - I wouldn't be tempted until maybe the 3rd round.

There are too many other sure things out there, RBs split carries these days, holdouts have a history of injuries, he is under-sized, TEN is a bad team, and he didn't exactly set the world on fire last year. Let someone else deal with the headache.

Didn't set the world on fire? He had 1600 total yards and 12 TDs. That is pretty damn good.

Hoover
08-31-2011, 07:57 AM
I got CJ2K at pick 14th last Sunday

Pestilence
08-31-2011, 10:12 AM
If I was picking later in the 1st round....I'd take him. But I'm not taking him at #4.

OnTheWarpath58
08-31-2011, 10:18 AM
To those of you picking 7-12 in the CP league, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I'm not taking him if he's not signed by draft night, and maybe not even if he is signed.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:55 AM
I won't be taking him this year....

not worth it

Rain Man
08-31-2011, 10:59 AM
Is he holding out again? Didn't he hold out last year?

eazyb81
09-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Looks like he just signed. My gamble to take him #6 overall worked out PERFECTLY.

ProFootballWklyPro Football Weekly
RT @jwyattsports: BREAKING: TItans agreed to 4-yr 53.5 million deal with Chris Johnson. 30 guaranteed

DJ's left nut
09-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Looks like he just signed. My gamble to take him #6 overall worked out PERFECTLY.

ProFootballWklyPro Football Weekly
RT @jwyattsports: BREAKING: TItans agreed to 4-yr 53.5 million deal with Chris Johnson. 30 guaranteed

Slow down, Chief.

I don't think anyone truly thought he would sit out all season.

However, he's a fast twitch back that took the pre-season off. He's going to be more prone to injury.

I was knocking him down boards because of the injury risk and that's about it. I never thought he'd miss a game because of the holdout, but I absolutely think there's a 50% chance or better that he won't be in your lineup by week 10.

OnTheWarpath58
09-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Slow down, Chief.

However, he's a fast twitch back that took the pre-season off. He's going to be more prone to injury.

I was knocking him down boards because of the injury risk and that's about it. I never thought he'd miss a game because of the holdout, but I absolutely think there's a 50% chance or better that he won't be in your lineup by week 10.

Same here. There was always an outside shot he pulled a Vincent Jackson, but the bigger issue is the injury risk.

eazyb81
09-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Slow down, Chief.

Injuries have been no more prevalent this year than in normal years. 50% odds that he's not playing by week 10 seems incredibly high to me. What are you basing this on? Do you think he's been sitting around eating cheetos since last January?

He's a running back - probably the position that requires the least amount of prep time. The game plan for CJ remains the same as it has always been - take the ball and run.

I am thrilled with my pick and think peple are being WAY too risk averse by letting a top 3 RB fall to the 2nd round because of silly fears that he is at a meaningfully higher risk of getting injured.

MoreLemonPledge
09-02-2011, 02:47 AM
He'll be fine. Worst case scenario you have to start Javon Ringer, who's actually decent (you did get CJ2K's handcuff, didn't you?)

eazyb81
09-02-2011, 07:13 AM
He'll be fine. Worst case scenario you have to start Javon Ringer, who's actually decent (you did get CJ2K's handcuff, didn't you?)

Of course.