PDA

View Full Version : Who's you super sleeper this year?

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Mid to Late Round guys who you think will make an impact.

QB: Stafford

RB: SJax, Grant

WR: Plax, Braylon

TE: Moe :D

Pestilence
08-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Steven Jackson is a mid to late round guy? Highly doubtful.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:37 AM
I disagree with all of those other than Stafford...

Since the league I'm in with CP people is free and not for money, I will (as always) share my sleepers with you guys...

Last year I hit on every one but Jermichael Finley (injury)...

QB: Bradford, Stafford, McNabb (late round value) with Vick, Rodgers, and Brady all getting 1st round grades from me

RB: MUST HAVES (Felix Jones, Tim Hightower) GOOD VALUE (Beanie Wells, Mark Ingram)

WR: will end up top 3 this year (Vincent Jackson)

TE: Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook (which is why I'm not taking Finley this year who, once again, ranks out as my #1 TE)

mistakes this year? Taking a RB in the 1st round unless Charles falls...and taking a TE early (unless you can get Finley in the 6th)

TOO MANY comparable TE's this year...don't take an elite...wait until the round before a kicker or DEF if value remains on board and take Cook...

hedge your guys...take Torrain if you have Hightower, Harrison if you draft Best...etc. TAKE VINCE YOUNG IF YOU HAVE VICK....stuff like that

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:38 AM
I'd take James Starks before I'd consider Ryan Grant...

oh and Tony Romo is a great value...

Tony Romo, Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning are toss-ups and Romo is going a few rounds later than those guys...take Romo in 1 QB leagues.

Pestilence
08-31-2011, 10:39 AM
WR: will end up top 3 this year (Vincent Jackson)

TE: Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook (which is why I'm not taking Finley this year who, once again, ranks out as my #1 TE)

I agree with these.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:39 AM
remember...there really is no such thing as reaching in FFL (IMO)...

please...please...please draft Felix Jones and Tim Hightower...they are going to win a lot of leagues this year.

Pestilence
08-31-2011, 10:40 AM
When would you draft Stafford? I want to grab him in my money keeper league this year.

Would it just be better to grab Stafford in the 7th round as my starter and then grab someone like Flacco or Bradford in the 8th-9th round range incase Stafford gets hurt?

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Jimmy Graham was the 2nd TE off the board in my keeper draft yesterday...and not by me.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:41 AM
When would you draft Stafford? I want to grab him in my money keeper league this year.

Would it just be better to grab Stafford in the 7th round as my starter and then grab someone like Flacco or Bradford in the 8th-9th round range incase Stafford gets hurt?

I have Stafford as a solid QB1 this year...so many weapons.

I would, at the very least, hedge him with Shaun Hill though.

Pestilence
08-31-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm hoping that I can grab him around the 7th.....but I'll take him in the 6th if I have to.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:44 AM
and like I said...if you want a guy, take him EARLY...people will make fun of you, but there is no such thing as a reach...

last year I played 4 money leagues, made 4 playoffs, and won 2 (and won a lot of money)...and won the points championship in 3 of 4 leagues (I draft the same players in every league every year)...

I posted those teams on CP last year and everyone told me how terrible they were...

I reach, reach, reach, reach to make sure I get the guys I think will be great...

if you think Vincent Jackson is going to be the #1 fantasy receiver this year and took him over Andre Johnson you'd never hear the end of it...but if that's where you think you'd have to take him to get him then take him.

It's the one fantasy sport where reaching is totally acceptable if you know what you're doing...

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:44 AM
I took Jermichael Finley as the 1st TE off the board in the 3rd round last year and people thought I was nuts.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:45 AM
(and it didn't work out, but that's just an example of my reaching)

another bad one (in a league I won 2 years ago)...I took Larry Fitzgerald #1 overall (over AP) in a PPR league with 8 points for receiving TD's because I thought (after those playoffs the year before) Fitzy would put together a Jerry Rice like campaign...and I knew if I didn't take him at 1 I wasn't getting him 20 picks later...so I took him.

Short Leash Hootie
08-31-2011, 10:47 AM
but I'll also draft for value (even though it irks me) if I have to...Hakeem Nicks, Steve Smith (CAR), Jahvid Best and Joseph Addai all fell REALLY, REALLY far last night and I had to take them, even though I don't like any of them.

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2011, 10:49 AM
oh julio jones too

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Steven Jackson is a mid to late round guy? Highly doubtful.

youre probably right, but i still think people are sleeping on him

Nzoner
08-31-2011, 03:18 PM
and like I said...if you want a guy, take him EARLY...people will make fun of you, but there is no such thing as a reach...

well we finally agree on something and I too took Finley last year in the 3rd.

Rams Fan
08-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Remember this name, Lance Kendricks.

He's the real deal. He has a connection to Bradford that is similar to the ones he had with Amendola and Clayton so far.

Pestilence
08-31-2011, 03:26 PM

He's the real deal. He has a connection to Bradford that is similar to the ones he had with Amendola and Clayton so far.

I'm planning on taking him in my money league around 15th-18th round.

Rams Fan
08-31-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm planning on taking him in my money league around 15th-18th round.

I'm being serious about him. He should put up around the same numbers that Graham did or better. The dude is legit.

Pestilence
08-31-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm being serious about him. He should put up around the same numbers that Graham did or better. The dude is legit.

I told my friend to grab him in her dynasty league. Come to think of it.....that team should be mine. I helped her build that shit through trades and the draft.

Rams Fan
08-31-2011, 03:38 PM
I told my friend to grab him in her dynasty league. Come to think of it.....that team should be mine. I helped her build that shit through trades and the draft.

LMAO

Shoulda told her just to hand over the team to you.

Pestilence
08-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Dude.....this is her team.

QB: M. Schaub, M. Ryan, C. Newton
RB: J. Charles, L. McCoy, J. Addai, T. Hightower, J. Stewart
WR: A. Johnson, V. Jackson, B. Marshall, H. Ward
TE: T. Moeaki, L. Kendricks
DEF: Steelers

Rams Fan
08-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Dude.....this is her team.

QB: M. Schaub, M. Ryan, C. Newton
RB: J. Charles, L. McCoy, J. Addai, T. Hightower, J. Stewart
WR: A. Johnson, V. Jackson, B. Marshall, H. Ward
TE: T. Moeaki, L. Kendricks
DEF: Steelers

I jelly.

sedated
08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
My big sleeper is TE Kendricks. I took him around the 10th round to make sure I got him (ended up getting Jimmy Graham in the 14th too).

QB: I like Stafford to become elite as well, along with Matt Ryan. My big sleeper here is Colt McCoy.

RB: Ben Tate, Isaac Redman, Tim Hightower, and a couple I'm forgetting. But RB generally just depends on opportunity/# of carries.

Not much of a sleeper, but I think Calvin Johnson will have a huge year.

Pestilence
I was against the Cam Newton pick.....but it's whatever.

She plays in the league with some fucking retarded people.

Pestilence
My big sleeper is TE Kendricks. I took him around the 10th round to make sure I got him (ended up getting Jimmy Graham in the 14th too).

QB: I like Stafford to become elite as well, along with Matt Ryan. My big sleeper here is Colt McCoy.

RB: Ben Tate, Isaac Redman, Tim Hightower, and a couple I'm forgetting. But RB generally just depends on opportunity/# of carries.

Not much of a sleeper, but I think Calvin Johnson will have a huge year.

I posted it in another thread.....but right now I would pick Calvin Johnson as the #1 WR.

SNR
08-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Mid to Late Round guys who you think will make an impact.

QB: Stafford

RB: SJax, Grant

WR: Plax, Braylon

TE: Moe :DRyan Grant has looked like AIDS this preseason. He's far from getting cut, but I imagine he'll suffer like Larry Johnson did compared to Jamaal Charles in 2009.

SNR
08-31-2011, 03:49 PM

He's the real deal. He has a connection to Bradford that is similar to the ones he had with Amendola and Clayton so far.As a Madtown resident, I watched a lot of Badger football. I'm not at all surprised that he's tearing it up.

sedated
08-31-2011, 03:56 PM

speaking of that, Javon Ringer could benefit from the whole CJ hold-out. Even if CJ is back and healthy on-time, Ringer will be the guy splitting carries.

Woodhead seems to be getting alot of carries, and doing good things with them.

ChiefGator
09-01-2011, 04:06 AM
I actually drafted Braylon, but the niners offense looks terrible and they could end up starting a rookie QB with a rookie coach. I dropped him for Antonio Brown after his big preseason.

Molitoth
09-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Matt Ryan has FAR too many weapons to suck this year IMO. I'm predicting he puts up big numbers, and he went in later rounds in my league.

eazyb81
09-01-2011, 08:10 AM
I like Greg Little. I think he has a chance to be this year's Mike Williams (in Tampa). He has ridiculous talent but is underrated because he had to sit out last year.

Given Cleveland's crappy WR unit he could establish himself as the #1 target, and they will likely be trailing in most games so he could get some big-time garbage time points.

WV
09-01-2011, 08:16 AM
I play in a 16 team 4 player keeper league, so sometimes it's all about reaching for guys and sleepers.

I have the second overall pick and plan on taking F. Jones and then Big Ben Gay.

ChiefGator
09-01-2011, 08:55 AM
I play in a 16 team 4 player keeper league, so sometimes it's all about reaching for guys and sleepers.

I have the second overall pick and plan on taking F. Jones and then Big Ben Gay.

So, I take it most the top players are gone? Otherwise, Felix Jones doesn't seem to make much sense at #2 overall.

Old Dog
09-01-2011, 09:02 AM
So, I take it most the top players are gone? Otherwise, Felix Jones doesn't seem to make much sense at #2 overall.

Considering he's talking about the 66th player taken....it kinda does. He said it's a 16 team, 4 player keeper (assuming everyone kept 4).
What the fuck happened to basic reading comprehension in America?

To answer the OP though, mine is Jared Cook.

Pestilence
09-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Some of these really can't be viewed as sleepers because they're starting to be talked about more....but here you go.

QB: Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford
RB: Felix Jones, Knowshon Moreno, James Starks
WR: Mike Sims-Walker, Johnny Knox, Mohamed Massaquoi, Harry Douglas
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Greg Olsen

ChiefGator
09-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Considering he's talking about the 66th player taken....it kinda does. He said it's a 16 team, 4 player keeper (assuming everyone kept 4).
What the **** happened to basic reading comprehension in America?

Depending on the rules, and the cost for the keepers, alot of low first-tier RBs may be available in keeper leagues, even one that keeps four.

I was about to post a thread about Cook. Everyone seems high on him this year... Why? What makes you think he is a sleeper? In the latest Yahoo composite rankings, they have him at #11 among TEs.

Old Dog
09-01-2011, 09:39 AM
I was about to post a thread about Cook. Everyone seems high on him this year... Why? What makes you think he is a sleeper? In the latest Yahoo composite rankings, they have him at #11 among TEs.

For me, they're essentially using him like Green Bay uses Finley, splitting him out wide quite often. It wouldn't shock me at all if Cook leads the Titans in receptions, in fact I expect it.
He has gotten a lot of talk in the last three or four days, but his ADP as of yesterday is still 166 or 14.10 in 12 team leagues (haven't gotten updated numbers yet). That's not to say some sites don't have him higher (as you said, Yahoo says #11) but the consensus (ESPN, CBS, Yahoo, SI, MFL, MDC, and a few others I use) still has him in a very nice spot.

I've been way wrong before (Greene KILLED me last year in a couple of leagues) but I expect him to be a top 6 TE I can get in the 13th.

Brock
09-01-2011, 09:41 AM
I picked up Taiwan Jones in a superdeep league.

Pestilence
09-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Not only are they using him like Finley....but it's been reported that Hasselbeck loves throwing to him.

I don't like taking TEs high in the draft because there are always TEs to be found later on. I was high on Graham but I think he's being talked about way to much now for him to fall in my draft. I might just take Cook or Kendricks in the 11-14 range. But I don't have to start a TE in my league....so it's no loss if they flop.

ChiefGator
09-01-2011, 10:54 AM
So, I took Gresham late in the draft, don't mind cutting him and changing over to Cook or Kendricks. I kind of thought Dalton would probably rest heavily upon him. His numbers and Cooks (and maybe Kendricks) have been fairly similar in this preseason.

Sounds like a consensus that I should drop Gresham and pick up Cook?

Very small bench and there's noone I can drop to keep both TEs right now.

MoreLemonPledge
09-01-2011, 11:32 AM
RB Stevan Ridley of the Patriots. He's looked really good in the preseason.

Old Dog
09-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Sounds like a consensus that I should drop Gresham and pick up Cook?

Tough call. Most of my leagues have pretty deep benches and in a few I'm getting both of these guys and plan on rotating them throughout the year.

Gresham is another I like more than most, and I would rather have Cook, but Gresham will be top 10 IMO. For the first four weeks they both have yummy schedules so go with your gut.

Gresham - @ Cle, @ Den, SF, Buf
Cook - @ Jac, Bal, Den, @ Cle

WV
09-01-2011, 12:50 PM
What the fuck happened to basic reading comprehension in America?

There's only 3 teams that held no one, so the pick'ens are slim. Basically I can choose between F. Jones, S. Greene, and M. Turner. I happen to like F. Jones better than those two. I think he is going to do very well. We're not a PPR league, but we get points for receptions after 3.

Depending on the rules, and the cost for the keepers, alot of low first-tier RBs may be available in keeper leagues, even one that keeps four.

We have a salary cap and it makes it tough, but holding no one makes salary a non issue. See my first answer as to first tier RB's. WR's are just about the same with B. Marshall and D. Bowe being the most attractive options. This year I'm going QB though...tired of trying to win with average QB's and Big Ben is the best option left (not a fan, but Vick is going #1).

While not a super sleeper mine is probably Jones...he's underrated in a lot of formats and due for a big year. J. Harrison will be a nice late round flyer too, I don't think Best will stay healthy all year.

crazycoffey
09-01-2011, 01:16 PM
I grabbed Crabtree in the 11th round as a sleeper

Setsuna
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
My sleeper is Greg Little on the Cleveland Browns. But he won't wake up till late in the season.

ngoc
09-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Andre Roberts even though his ADP has been on the rise as of late.