PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Rep. Andre Carson: Tea Party Wants to See Black Americans 'Hanging on a Tree'

mlyonsd
08-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Some of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. ROFL

By Judson Berger (http://www.foxnews.com/author/judson-berger/index.html)
Published August 31, 2011
| FoxNews.com

Democratic Rep. Andre Carson told a Miami crowd last week that the Tea Party (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/tea-party.htm#r_src=ramp) movement would "love" to see black Americans "hanging on a tree."

The comment is the latest charged remark made by a member of the Congressional Black Caucus as lawmakers tour the country talking about jobs. Carson, D-Ind., lamented at the event that the Tea Party was stopping "change," in an effort he said was reminiscent of the "Jim Crow" era.

"Some of these folks in Congress right now would love to see us as second-class citizens," he said. "Some of them in Congress right now with this Tea Party movement would love to see you and me ... hanging on a tree."

The remarks were captured in a recording posted on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG8x6X8xn3c).

Carson spokesman Jason Tomcsi confirmed the congressman made the comment at a CBC jobs event -- he said Carson was prompted by "the frustration" voiced by people about the inability of Congress to lift up the economy.

"He believes that members of the Tea Party are ones that are standing in the way," Tomcsi told FoxNews.com. "He used the strong language because he believes that that agenda jeopardizes the most vulnerable."

The remark drew a rebuke from Rep. Allen West, R-Fla., the only black Republican in the Congressional Black Caucus, who said he's thinking about "reconsidering" his membership in the body in light of such comments.

"I think we should move away from using that type of language," West told Fox News, calling the remarks "reprehensible." He said some lawmakers are using the Tea Party as a "scapegoat" for broader problems.

This month, CBC member Rep. Maxine Waters (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/rep.-maxine-waters.htm#r_src=ramp), D-Calif., also told a crowd that the "Tea Party can go straight to hell."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/31/rep-carson-tea-party-wants-to-see-black-americans-hanging-on-tree/

alpha_omega
08-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Wait....that story is from Fox News....are you sure that actually happened??????? /sarcasm

BucEyedPea
08-31-2011, 12:39 PM
The Tea Party movement is feared.

Jaric
08-31-2011, 12:40 PM
How is it that the Congressional Black Caucus hasn't been identified as a racist organization?

mlyonsd
08-31-2011, 12:42 PM
The Tea Party movement is feared.As it should considering what people like you want to do to black people.

Dang, I'm going to quit mocking your cooking abilities. I don't want to be put on some list you guys are building. :p

talastan
08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
How is it that the Congressional Black Caucus hasn't been identified as a racist organization?

Because only white people can be racist...duh./ Leftie Loon

Jaric
08-31-2011, 12:46 PM
As it should considering what people like you want to do to black people.

Dang, I'm going to quit mocking your cooking abilities. I don't want to be put on some list you guys are building. :p

It's far too late for that.

mlyonsd
08-31-2011, 12:56 PM
It's far too late for that.What am I worried about, nobody pays attention to them anyway.

Even if they are crazy.....CRAZY.

NaptownChief
08-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Just when I thought nobody in congress could be much dumber than Andre Carson's late mother Julia Carson or Maxine Waters then Andre comes along and proves me wrong.

Radar Chief
08-31-2011, 01:02 PM

You just made the list, buddy. /Francis Soyer

Radar Chief
08-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Just when I thought nobody in congress could be much dumber than Andre Carson's late mother Julia Carson or Maxine Waters then Andre comes along and proves me wrong.

Murphy’s Law: addendum.
There is no such thing as “idiot proof”. The world will simply evolve a bigger idiot.

NaptownChief
08-31-2011, 01:09 PM
It just amazes me as to how low a standard we have for our politicians to run this country. I wouldn't hire somebody as dumb as Andre Carson as a delivery driver at our flower shop yet he helps run the country. Simply amazing.

Radar Chief
08-31-2011, 01:12 PM
It just amazes me as to how low a standard we have for our politicians to run this country. I wouldn't hire somebody as dumb as Andre Carson as a delivery driver at our flower shop yet he helps run the country. Simply amazing.

Indeed.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zNZczIgVXjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just imagine being the guy that has to answer this as if it’s a serious question?

Predarat
08-31-2011, 01:15 PM
When you are all out of cards. just play the race card.

evenfall
08-31-2011, 01:41 PM
CNN would have already interrupted programming to demand resignation if a conservative lawmaker had said something like this.

As it stands, be will probably be up for a leadership post in the CBC.

mlyonsd
08-31-2011, 01:45 PM
CNN would have already interrupted programming to demand resignation if a conservative lawmaker had said something like this.

As it stands, be will probably be up for a leadership post in the CBC.Oh macaca.

NaptownChief
08-31-2011, 01:48 PM
It's stuff like this that tells you all you need to know about Democrats in general. And I'm not talking about this idiot Carson. I'm talking about the reaction or complete lack of a reaction from all other Dems in congress and Dem voters.

If a GOP member were this stupid and ran around saying absurd stuff like this I would expect the overwhelming majority of GOP congress people to be outraged and try to run the person out of Washington. I would also expect people like myself and the majority of GOP voters condemning the idiot and making sure he was tossed out as quickly as possible. But Dems not only condone this stuff I wouldn't be surprised if they don't secretly applaud it.

Radar Chief
08-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Oh macaca.

:eek:

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/sw50sw8sw578.gif

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Some of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. ROFL

Who are you referring to here?

mlyonsd
08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Who are you referring to here?BEP, TJ....I don't watch closely enough to see who all is in the clan.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2011, 02:29 PM

What? I don't cook black people. :p

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 02:30 PM
BEP, TJ....I don't watch closely enough to see who all is in the clan.

Ah, gotcha.

ROYC75
08-31-2011, 02:30 PM
What's this ?
No Lib's responses ?
:shake:

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 02:32 PM
What's this ?
No Lib's responses ?

He's right! All liberals agree with him!

Jaric
08-31-2011, 02:38 PM
What? I don't cook black people. :p

Oh, so you'll cook other races but not black folks?

Jaric
08-31-2011, 02:39 PM
He's right! All liberals agree with him!

That's what I assumed. :shrug:

BucEyedPea
08-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Oh, so you'll cook other races but not black folks?

Pork—the other white meat.

Detoxing
08-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Sounds about right. Republicans are racist. And Gay. Yep.

Frankie
08-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Rep. Andre Carson: Tea Party Wants to See Black Americans 'Hanging on a Tree'

I'm sure he has exaggerated some. I bet it's not ALL the Tea Party.

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM

I was hoping you'd chime in before the end of the 1st page. ROFL

Guru
08-31-2011, 04:27 PM
What a dumbass.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 05:41 PM
The Left is amaziningly silent about this. I heard Colmes last night say "I don't condone it but I understand where he is coming from...."

Morons, the all of them

Baby Lee
08-31-2011, 05:48 PM

Oh joy!! The 10 billionth iteration of Frankie's patented "Not everyone who disagrees with me is evil, . . BUT SOME OF YOU ARE!!!!!"

So invigorating and mentally vexing. How to process such a profound argument. . . How to process????

Radar Chief
08-31-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh joy!! The 10 billionth iteration of Frankie's patented "Not everyone who disagrees with me is evil, . . BUT SOME OF YOU ARE!!!!!"

So invigorating and mentally vexing. How to process such a profound argument. . . How to process????

I'm surprised you wasted any time reading his post, much less responding to it. I've learned to skip right over anything with Frankie's name at the top of it. His next relevant and insightful post will be his first.

mlyonsd
08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm surprised you wasted any time reading his post, much less responding to it. I've learned to skip right over anything with Frankie's name at the top of it. His next relevant and insightful post will be his first.:nosmilie:

Frankie
08-31-2011, 06:11 PM
I've learned to skip right over anything with Frankie's name at the top of it.

NICE! Thank you very much. The pile-on idiots should learn from you. :thumb:

RNR
08-31-2011, 06:19 PM
This is why I identify myself as independent that leans to the right. The left is a despicable lot that I would never associate with. The left always plays the race card because the have little else to defend themselves with. Let me quote one of their heroes again:
Harry Reid, the Democrat Senate Majority Leader and the national government's highest-ranking Mormon, has admitted now remarking apparently with some amazement on the nation's highest-ranking black Democrat as being notably "light-skinned" and having "no Negro dialect unless he wanted to have one."

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 06:22 PM
This is why I identify myself as independent that leans to the right. The left is a despicable lot that I would never associate with. The left always plays the race card because the have little else to defend themselves with. Let me quote one of their heroes again:

The Democratic party is large. You're going to find all types.

Same goes for those on the right. And independents who lean right.

RNR
08-31-2011, 06:31 PM

True to a point. There is a reason I will not identify myself as republican also. With a party that celebrates Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Harry Reid, Charlie Rangel and Nancy Pelosi as recent heroes just to name a few I would be embarrassed to claim democrat. Much more embarrassed that to claim republican~

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 06:37 PM
True to a point. There is a reason I will not identify my self as republican also. With a party that celebrates Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Harry Reid, Charlie Rangel and Nancy Pelosi as recent heroes just to name a few I would be embarrassed to claim democrat. Much more embarrassed that to claim republican~

I don't think anyone thinks of them as heroes, just political leaders. Most Democrats probably consider heroes to be MLK Jr., Abraham Lincoln, and George Washington.

I'm neither Republican nor Democrat, but unlike 85% of the rest of the country, I don't mind either party or its political leaders too much. As long as they work hard, work fairly, and want what's best for their country and work for that, I find them acceptable. And most Democrats and Republicans do that, I think.

RNR
08-31-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't think anyone thinks of them as heroes, just political leaders. Most Democrats probably consider heroes to be MLK Jr., Abraham Lincoln, and George Washington.

I'm neither Republican nor Democrat, but unlike 85% of the rest of the country, I don't mind either party or its political leaders too much. As long as they work hard, work fairly, and want what's best for their country and work for that, I find them acceptable. And most Democrats and Republicans do that, I think.

LMAO~

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 06:44 PM
I'll admit, you don't hear that often.

RNR
08-31-2011, 06:48 PM
I'll admit, you don't hear that often.

I am serious when I say this Jensen. I admire your outlook and believe you must have a good heart because of this belief. I think it is naive and somewhat charming in its innocence~

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 07:09 PM
I am serious when I say this Jensen. I admire your outlook and believe you must have a good heart because of this belief. I think it is naive and somewhat charming in its innocence~

It's okay. I think I know a little bit more about our government and governments in the world and in history than you, but I won't hold that against you. :)

But seriously. Have you ever met one of your Congressman? Did he seem like a horrible person? Obviously, they're not saints, but I don't think they don't have America's best interests at heart. It's just a matter of how to get at America's best interests. Listen, politics is rough -- it always will be. There are competing opinions, there are demands, there are ideals, there are realistic problems to deal with immediately, some in the future. There are a thousands of different things to work.

No one said keeping a country of 300 million the most productive country in the world was easy. It's not going to be. Politics is the art of the possible -- it's not purist philosophy. That's a dictatorship. That's Leninism. We're a mixed up democracy full of competing goals and problems. Those problems will reflect in society and culture and in the government that represents us. It's inevitable. But what we're doing is the best way we know how.

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 07:25 PM
It's okay. I think I know a little bit more about our government and governments in the world and in history than you, but I won't hold that against you. :)

But seriously. Have you ever met one of your Congressman? Did he seem like a horrible person? Obviously, they're not saints, but I don't think they don't have America's best interests at heart. It's just a matter of how to get at America's best interests. Listen, politics is rough -- it always will be. There are competing opinions, there are demands, there are ideals, there are realistic problems to deal with immediately, some in the future. There are a thousands of different things to work.

No one said keeping a country of 300 million the most productive country in the world was easy. It's not going to be. Politics is the art of the possible -- it's not purist philosophy. That's a dictatorship. That's Leninism. We're a mixed up democracy full of competing goals and problems. Those problems will reflect in society and culture and in the government that represents us. It's inevitable. But what we're doing is the best way we know how.

For a politician to truly have the country's best interest at heart they would have a will to make tough decisions, and would stand for things that would see them run from office.

Do you really think someone that is looking out for the long term best interest for our country would agree on anything that would see us arrive at a $14,000,000,000,000 national debt?

Our leaders stand for re-election and that's all. The future of the country is sacrificed on that alter in the lustful pursuit of power.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm waiting for Obama to come out and call for a more civil dialogue....

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 07:40 PM
For a politician to truly have the country's best interest at heart they would have a will to make tough decisions, and would stand for things that would see them run from office.

Do you really think someone that is looking out for the long term best interest for our country would agree on anything that would see us arrive at a $14,000,000,000,000 national debt?

Our leaders stand for re-election and that's all. The future of the country is sacrificed on that alter in the lustful pursuit of power.

Yeah, it's been nearly 200 years since we didn't have debt. This isn't a new development. I'm not saying that politicians don't have a goal to be re-elected. But the way this country works, doing a good job helps that goal.

RNR
08-31-2011, 07:40 PM

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Thomas Jefferson

Our government has grown beyond this threat through technology and pitiful public dependence. It now thrives on power and motives of self preservation and re-election~

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah, it's been nearly 200 years since we didn't have debt. This isn't a new development. I'm not saying that politicians don't have a goal to be re-elected. But the way this country works, doing a good job helps that goal.

You've missed my point. Completely.

Part of me is glad you trust politicians to be good people, and there's a certain part of it that breaks my heart. Reality is going to crush your spirit someday.

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 07:47 PM
You've missed my point. Completely.

Part of me is glad you trust politicians to be good people, and there's a certain part of it that breaks my heart. Reality is going to crush your spirit someday.

I might have missed your point. Could you explain it?

It's not that I have some sort of weird belief that politicians are good people. It's just that I believe highly motivated people (the kind of people who run for public office) are often goal-oriented, problem solvers.

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 07:48 PM

It's not that I have some sort of weird belief that politicians are good people. It's just that I believe highly motivated people (the kind of people who run for public office) are often goal-oriented, problem solvers.

Anyone care to explain what I said in a different way than I did?

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 07:49 PM

Here's what I think you were saying: We have a lot of serious problems. Congressmen do not want to deal with those problems. They just want to get reelected.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:50 PM

Sure they are goal oriented and problem solvers. The goal is to get and stay elected. The problem solving is how they achieve that.

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 07:51 PM
The way you get elected is by doing things. Voters say, "Hey look, this guy has done things." If you don't do things, someone runs against you. Then you get voted out.

Actually, usually there's always someone running against you, whether you are doing things or not.

RNR
08-31-2011, 07:51 PM

I did in post 48~

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Here's what I think you were saying: We have a lot of serious problems. Congressmen do not want to deal with those problems. They just want to get reelected.

Jenson, think about this for a second, particularly from a political point of view. Why would politicians want something "fixed" when they get more money to fight to fix something? I am sure you have heard the analogy, "why cure cancer when you can make more money treating it?" Same principle.

Why take on something like medicare or SS reform when claiming you will take it on makes such a great platform to run on?

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 07:52 PM

That's a good way to put it.

Kicking the can down the road, seeking political cover, accepting bribes, making backroom secret deals, making a show of worthless agreements to appear principled, and the like are not things one does when looking out for the best long term interests of their nation.

Those are things you do when you only care about yourself.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:54 PM
The way you get elected is by doing things. Voters say, "Hey look, this guy has done things." If you don't do things, someone runs against you. Then you get voted out.

Actually, usually there's always someone running against you, whether you are doing things or not.

Pfft! If that were true then Obama would never have been elected. He hadn't done jack shit. He hadn't run a company, wasn't a governor, never served in the military, nada. The wya you get elected is by telling people what they think they want to hear and then pandering to the SIG's so you can outspend the other guy.

Baby Lee
08-31-2011, 07:54 PM

Part of that 'when you gain some life experience' shit you get around here, is anticipation of you seeing clearly how often it is that express positions mask actual motivations that can often run counter to said express position. You most certainly will if you dabble in plaintiff's practice. The plaintiff's bar expresses all sorts of liberal empathy, but THE ONLY THING they give a whiff of shit about is getting plaintiff friendly judges, astonishingly often prior partners in their firm, appointed, so awards, and as a convenient side benefit, their fees, grow larger.

So many pushes for 'reform' are pushes for managing the market so a business those espousing either has ties to or receives campaign cash from will benefit from said 'reforms.'

Unless you view Tony Soprano's crew and their efforts to secure no-bid/no-show jobs for "our thing" as "seeking America's best interests," you're eventually in line for heartbreak.

Best to be a Skinnerian, hold fast that 'choices that are rewarded will flourish and choices that are punished will extinguish,' and look past the rhetoric to see who is rewarded and who is extinguished. And I'm NOT talking about who rhetoric alleges will flourish, I'm talking about who actually flourishes.

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Jenson, think about this for a second, particularly from a political point of view. Why would politicians want something "fixed" when they get more money to fight to fix something? I am sure you have heard the analogy, "why cure cancer when you can make more money treating it?" Same principle.

Why take on something like medicare or SS reform when claiming you will take it on makes such a great platform to run on?

We did have a president try to reform SS in the past 5 years, but it was met with a lot of resistance. No one would continuously vote for a person whose only platform has never been realized. Voters aren't idiots. You and I are voters.

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 07:58 PM

I'm using this as an analogy, because I know you're a pretty religious guy.

When the mess with priests molesting little boys was going on who was looking out for the long term interest of the church. The people who tried to ignore the problem, swept it under the rug, tried to hide the guilty, payoff the abused and maintain the lie to keep the church looking clean and tidy.....

OR

Was it the whistle blower that brought much harm to themselves, their reputation, their church, their family, their religion in an effort to sweep out the abuse, corruption, lies, deception and problems in an effort to take out the trash and be a better example and have a better ministry moving forward?

Our politicians are example one, 99% of the time. Rare are the few that will open themselves to personal destruction to clean up a mess that they didn't make. Our country was founded by that type of men.

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
That's a good way to put it.

Kicking the can down the road, seeking political cover, accepting bribes, making backroom secret deals, making a show of worthless agreements to appear principled, and the like are not things one does when looking out for the best long term interests of their nation.

Those are things you do when you only care about yourself.

Kicking the can down the road does happen, sure. Other priorities get in the way, committees don't work well together, the government is divided party.

Accepting bribes gets prosecuted. Backroom secret deals aren't necessarily bad.

Like I said: it can be rough. It can be chaotic. It's not corrupted or broken.

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Pfft! If that were true then Obama would never have been elected. He hadn't done jack shit. He hadn't run a company, wasn't a governor, never served in the military, nada. The wya you get elected is by telling people what they think they want to hear and then pandering to the SIG's so you can outspend the other guy.

Okay, it's true that Obama hadn't done much. He's an outlier, though.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:04 PM

But it goes to show that people don't necessarily look at what a person has done. If that were the case then the majority of our congress never would get elected or re-elected.

Take Nancy Pelosi for instance, she is lock every election yet what has she delivered? Where are the 400,000 jobs she promised would be created immediately if Obamacare was passed? Nevermind her state is the brokest of them all.

Unfortunately politics are based more on emoition rather than rationality.

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Part of that 'when you gain some life experience' shit you get around here, is anticipation of you seeing clearly how often it is that express positions mask actual motivations that can often run counter to said express position.

My view is not that everything is great. My view is that given the circumstances, things are near as good as can be expected. I understand some groups have disproportionate levels of power in this country. I understand that 'wisdom' in saying the bureaucracy is expanding in order to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy. I understand certain things get favored and probably shouldn't be, while other things are neglected and shouldn't be.

Baby Lee
08-31-2011, 08:07 PM

So you're saying he's sucked ass for 10,000 hours? ;)

go bowe
08-31-2011, 08:11 PM

eh, none of them are even close to the island-tipping-over guy...

edit: this has already been pointed out... :redface:

Jenson71
I'm using this as an analogy, because I know you're a pretty religious guy.

When the mess with priests molesting little boys was going on who was looking out for the long term interest of the church. The people who tried to ignore the problem, swept it under the rug, tried to hide the guilty, payoff the abused and maintain the lie to keep the church looking clean and tidy.....

OR

Was it the whistle blower that brought much harm to themselves, their reputation, their church, their family, their religion in an effort to sweep out the abuse, corruption, lies, deception and problems in an effort to take out the trash and be a better example and have a better ministry moving forward?

Are you asking me which of the two groups generally cared about looking out for the long-term interest of the Catholic Church?

Our politicians are example one, 99% of the time. Rare are the few that will open themselves to personal destruction to clean up a mess that they didn't make. Our country was founded by that type of men.

Not many people do try to clean up messes they didn't make. If there's a mess though, and voters get tired enough of it, they can always elect someone in order to fix it.

Baby Lee
My view is not that everything is great. My view is that given the circumstances, things are as good as can be expected. I understand some groups have disproportionate levels of power in this country. I understand that 'wisdom' in saying the bureaucracy is expanding in order to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy. I understand certain things get favored and probably shouldn't be, while other things are neglected and shouldn't be.

My meager hope is that you see the next "I just want to help people" message as the "I want my cottage industry set up to profit off empathy to thrive" message it is.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:12 PM
My view is not that everything is great. My view is that given the circumstances, things are as good as can be expected. I understand some groups have disproportionate levels of power in this country. I understand that 'wisdom' in saying the bureaucracy is expanding in order to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy. I understand certain things get favored and probably shouldn't be, while other things are neglected and shouldn't be.

Things are not as good as can be expected. Our politicians are running this country into the ground at an accelerating rate. Things could be and should be much better than they are. We are creating a lot of our own woes. Trying to buy every vote has cost us. Not accepting the facts of natural law and forcing politically correct BS upon us has cost us. Lacking spine for fear of losing votes has cost us.

Basically no one wants to swallow the pill so the disease just keeps getting worse and worse.

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 08:14 PM
My meager hope is that you see the next "I just want to help people" message as the "I want my cottage industry set up to profit off empathy to thrive" message it is.

Understood. There are charlatans, false preachers, smooth talkers, and bullshitters.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Understood. There are charlatans, false preachers, smooth talkers, and bullshitters.

Yep, they are called "politicians"

I love this line....

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YvDcJydVcHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Things are not as good as can be expected. Our politicians are running this country into the ground at an accelerating rate. Things could be and should be much better than they are. We are creating a lot of our own woes. Trying to buy every vote has cost us. Not accepting the facts of natural law and forcing politically correct BS upon us has cost us. Lacking spine for fear of losing votes has cost us.

Basically no one wants to swallow the pill so the disease just keeps getting worse and worse.

Okay, maybe things are not as good as can be expected. I spoke a little too positively there. There are a lot of problems that we can and need to focus on. But it's not true that politicians are running this country into the ground at an accelerating rate. In fact, our country remains strong in almost every measurable facet.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Okay, maybe things are not as good as can be expected. I spoke a little too positively there. There are a lot of problems that we can and need to focus on. But it's not true that politicians are running this country into the ground at an accelerating rate. In fact, our country remains strong in almost every measurable facet.

Our country is on the brink of global disaster. I don't think many realize how close to the edge we are.

We are almost $15 trillion in debt

We have no job growth

Approx. 40% of all revenue generated comes from the "services" industry which means we don't make shit

Our labor is being exported or imported by the millions daily

Business capital is flowing out of this country and overseas at an alarming rate

Our $ is declining further and further and is getting closer to being pushed out as the reserve currency of choice

Our entitlement programs are going broke

Just because we happen to be the best smelling pile of shit doesn't mean we aren't a pile of shit.

I don't know where you see strength? We are on a path of self-destruction and sooner or later another country is going to eat us alive.

Jenson71
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Our country is on the brink of global disaster. I don't think many realize how close to the edge we are.

We are almost $15 trillion in debt

We have no job growth

Approx. 40% of all revenue generated comes from the "services" industry which means we don't make shit

Our labor is being exported or imported by the millions daily

Business capital is flowing out of this country and overseas at an alarming rate

Our $ is declining further and further and is getting closer to being pushed out as the reserve currency of choice

Our entitlement programs are going broke

Just because we happen to be the best smelling pile of shit doesn't mean we aren't a pile of shit.

I don't know where you see strength? We are on a path of self-destruction and sooner or later another country is going to eat us alive.

Being the "best smelling piece of shit" means everything. You have pointed out some serious challenges, but they are challenges that many countries are facing. At least we have the educational centers and raw resources to deal with them better than most.

Our country is transitioning with the global economy. This causes disruption. It brings new issues, discomfort, and insecurity. Some things we will realize must change. Perhaps entitlement programs will be one of those things.

We are a fairly adaptive nation, though. Productive, educated, and resourceful.

What ideas do you have for meeting our challenges? It's not enough to sit around and bitch all day. We know you can do that, but I don't think it helps.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Being the "best smelling piece of shit" means everything. You have pointed out some serious challenges, but they are challenges that many countries are facing. At least we have the educational centers and raw resources to deal with them better than most.

Our country is transitioning with the global economy. This causes disruption. It brings new issues, discomfort, and insecurity. Some things we will realize must change. Perhaps entitlement programs will be one of those things.

We are a fairly adaptive nation, though. Productive, educated, and resourceful.

What ideas do you have for meeting our challenges? It's not enough to sit around and bitch all day. We know you can do that, but I don't think it helps.

Here is the problem with those educational centers and raw resources...they aren't being used properly. Do you realize that Europe is in the trouble they are because for the most part they are socialists? Yet we keep going down the path of more and more socialism.

My ideas? I have stated them numerous times. One is to stop doing what those countries did. Thatcher said it best when she said the problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other people's money.

Some of the other ideas are letting companies bring back their overseas capital without taxing it. Reduce regulations that prohibit cheaper business. Enforce illegal immigration. Raise the fucking interest rates for fuck's sake. Drill for our own oil. Quit bailing out broke companies that would never otherwise survive, like all the green companies Obama funded that are now out of business. Allow the free market to do its thing instead of trying to manipulate it with a ton of short term spending of money we don't have.

The list goes on but I think you get the idea.

HonestChieffan
08-31-2011, 09:00 PM
Class seperation. Its a basic part of the process. Racial divides are part of the process.

Frankie
08-31-2011, 09:02 PM

That's totally true. The lobby system sucks.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 09:05 PM
Class seperation. Its a basic part of the process. Racial divides are part of the process.

you think a few wingtards playing a race card is representative of blacks and/or democrats in general?

the fact that it is news when some dipshit spews crap like this (i'm referring to the good congresspeople in the article) shows that this is not the norm...

not at all...

thank god...

go bowe
08-31-2011, 09:06 PM

it really does...
'
but what would we replace it with?

HonestChieffan
08-31-2011, 09:50 PM
you think a few wingtards playing a race card is representative of blacks and/or democrats in general?

the fact that it is news when some dipshit spews crap like this (i'm referring to the good congresspeople in the article) shows that this is not the norm...

not at all...

thank god...

Not sure but there sure is a lot of noise recently. Sharpton's got his show, sure to try to bring folks together, the black caucus going a bit nutty, Maxine Waters is sort of the new posterchild for a meltdown, and now this jackass saying the TP wants to lynch folk? How many more do we need before "a few wingtards" is actually seen as black leadership on a mission? Is the norm being hidden?

Frankie
08-31-2011, 09:59 PM
it really does...
'
but what would we replace it with?

To start with, public-funded elections. Candidates get equal amount of funds with no legal right to accept ANY donations. If they can manage a winning campaign against the their opponents, they have shown us that they are the best to manage finances.

Neat and clean with no pressures from or beholding to any lobby.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Not sure but there sure is a lot of noise recently. Sharpton's got his show, sure to try to bring folks together, the black caucus going a bit nutty, Maxine Waters is sort of the new posterchild for a meltdown, and now this jackass saying the TP wants to lynch folk? How many more do we need before "a few wingtards" is actually seen as black leadership on a mission? Is the norm being hidden?

that's kind of what i'm getting at...

you're giving a few wingtards far too much credit...

they are not "black leadership", even if they are wannabes...

well, now that i think about it, reid and pelosi are the leaders of the democrat party - no wonder we're so fucked...

go bowe
08-31-2011, 10:10 PM
To start with, public-funded elections. Candidates get equal amount of funds with no legal right to accept ANY donations. If they can manage a winning campaign against the their opponents, they have shown us that they are the best to manage finances.

Neat and clean with no pressures from or beholding to any lobby.

sounds great in theory, but what's to keep the campaign money from being funneled through pacs and the like (lobbies in their own way)?

would you make it illegal for private parties and corporations to express their political preferences through campaign ads?

there's that pesky 1st amendment thingy...

RNR
09-01-2011, 04:13 AM

Lobbyists are the fuel to the corruption that runs rampant in our government. Our political leaders are far removed from the everyday life of the citizens. They are only concerned with paying back favors, and getting re-elected. Both parties are against the deficit, but somehow it grows no matter who controls the house, senate or white house. The “too big to fail” mentality applies to corporations, banks and our government. That is a flawed mentality to say the least~

Baby Lee
09-01-2011, 04:22 AM

not at all...

thank god...

Just to be clear, you DID just ask [with what appears to be implicit incredulity], if a black democrat federal Representative was representative of blacks and/or democrats.

Not sure what that inquiry indicts, but it indicts someone/thing.

:p

go bowe
09-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Just to be clear, you DID just ask [with what appears to be implicit incredulity], if a black democrat federal Representative was representative of blacks and/or democrats.

Not sure what that inquiry indicts, but it indicts someone/thing.

:p

a black democrat federal representative who panders to racism, yep, are they really representative of blacks in general and/or democrats?

i don't think so, but then again reid and pelosi are the democrat "leaders" in congress...

vaporizadordelmerd
09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
that's kind of what i'm getting at...

you're giving a few wingtards far too much credit...

they are not "black leadership", even if they are wannabes...

well, now that i think about it, reid and pelosi are the leaders of the democrat party - no wonder we're so ****ed...

Sure we believe you.

:rolleyes:

Baby Lee
09-01-2011, 08:24 PM
a black democrat federal representative who panders to racism, yep, are they really representative of blacks in general and/or democrats?

i don't think so, but then again reid and pelosi are the democrat "leaders" in congress...

Where's your sense of humor? You're arguing that a BLACK DEMOCRAT REPRESENTATIVE doesn't REPRESENT BLACKS or DEMOCRATS.*

" - all operant terms at issue capitalized. ;)

Seriously, though. The guy has a conceptual obligation to represent all of us, and an operant obligation to represent his constituents. Not to belabor the point, but he's black, he's a democrat, and he was elected to represent someone[s] at the highest level of government.

Chiefshrink
09-01-2011, 08:28 PM

You are wrong. The Dem party is not large. It's only for radicals if you want power in the Dem party. However, they are trying to brainwash the public that all their radical beliefs and values are mainstream and it must be working to some degree because you think the party is large. People are starting to wake up and realize that the Dem party is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off course and does not have their best interests at heart only their dictating control of the people.:rolleyes:

Baby Lee
09-01-2011, 08:43 PM
You are wrong. The Dem party is not large. It's only for radicals if you want power in the Dem party. However, they are trying to brainwash the public that all their radical beliefs and values are mainstream and it must be working to some degree because you think the party is large. People are starting to wake up and realize that the Dem party is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off course and does not have their best interests at heart only their dictating control of the people.:rolleyes:

I'd submit that, as presently defined, the Dem party is actually large. Unfortunately, the phrase 'as defined' is crucial. A varying %age between 46%-54% are Republican, and the remainder is technically 'not Republican,' but is referred in common parlance as Democrat.

ClevelandBronco
09-01-2011, 10:41 PM
For every black liberal that I'd like to see hanging from a tree I can think of approximately 10 white liberals that I'd like to see hanging beside them.

go bowe
09-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Where's your sense of humor? You're arguing that a BLACK DEMOCRAT REPRESENTATIVE doesn't REPRESENT BLACKS or DEMOCRATS.*

" - all operant terms at issue capitalized. ;)

Seriously, though. The guy has a conceptual obligation to represent all of us, and an operant obligation to represent his constituents. Not to belabor the point, but he's black, he's a democrat, and he was elected to represent someone[s] at the highest level of government.

well shit, you're not gonna let me wriggle out of this are ya? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 06:59 AM

Thank you for this intelligent, grounded observation.

NaptownChief
09-02-2011, 07:07 AM

Very well said. The Dem party is led by a handful of radicals like Pelosi, Reid and Obama and they just use blacks, unions and poor people as puppets so they can remain in power and push an agenda that only about 10% of this country actually agrees with.

stevieray
09-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Very well said. The Dem party is led by a handful of radicals like Pelosi, Reid and Obama and they just use blacks, unions and poor people as puppets so they can remain in power and push an agenda that only about 10% of this country actually agrees with.

...and the damage in the last forty years is staggering

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 07:34 AM

And that should be attributed to the Democratic party?

stevieray
09-02-2011, 07:41 AM
And that should be attributed to the Democratic party?

I don't know, should it?

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 07:41 AM

Poor or low-income people don't really vote, and those that do vote aren't completely Democrat. And usually, less than 60% of black people vote. About 12% of the country is black. So 55% of that 12% vote (solidly D). Unions aren't nearly as popular as they once were.

The stats disagree with you. It turns out there are white, middle class people who vote Democratic.

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 07:42 AM
I don't know, should it?

Isn't that what you are suggesting?

stevieray
09-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Isn't that what you are suggesting?

I don't know, am I?

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 07:45 AM
I don't know, am I?

Because you replied to Naptown's post on Democratic politics with apparent approval and indicated the last 40 years have seen staggering damage, it does appear you believe that the damage is caused by the Democratic party.

If that is not a correct read, please speak up.

stevieray
09-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Because you replied to Naptown's post on Democratic politics with apparent approval and indicated the last 40 years have seem staggering damage, it does appear you believe that the damage is caused by the Democratic party.

If that is not a correct read, please speak up.

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Okay. Thank you for your contribution to this discussion.

stevieray
09-02-2011, 07:55 AM

discussion?

LOL

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 07:58 AM
discussion?

LOL

You enjoy my sarcasm? I'm looking for responses by you to my questions, not rolling eyes. The reason this was obviously not a discussion is because you wouldn't expand on your claims.

stevieray
09-02-2011, 08:05 AM
The reason this was obviously not a discussion is because you wouldn't expand on your claims.

LMAO

...play Perry Mason with someone else.

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 08:11 AM
LMAO

...play Perry Mason with someone else.

I take it my questions are inconvenient for you?

stevieray
09-02-2011, 08:12 AM
I take it my questions are inconvenient for you?

I don't know, are they?

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 08:16 AM
I don't know, are they?

Because you do a lot to avoid them, it seems they are inconvenient for your agenda.

NaptownChief
09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Poor or low-income people don't really vote, and those that do vote aren't completely Democrat. And usually, less than 60% of black people vote. About 12% of the country is black. So 55% of that 12% vote (solidly D). Unions aren't nearly as popular as they once were.

The stats disagree with you. It turns out there are white, middle class people who vote Democratic.

Poor and low income people do vote...are you nuts? Many of them are called elderly. The teachers union is still alive and well and make up a lot of people. And yes there are a lot of white middle class that vote Dem and a lot of them have government jobs which are fed to them by wasteful Dems to collect more of their money-4-votes program these liberals have going to stay elected.

Those "stats that disagree" with me isn't stats at all. That is just you throwing around your opinion.

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Poor and low income people do vote...are you nuts? Many of them are called elderly. The teachers union is still alive and well and make up a lot of people. And yes there are a lot of white middle class that vote Dem and a lot of them have government jobs which are fed to them by wasteful Dems to collect more of their money-4-votes program these liberals have going to stay elected.

Those "stats that disagree" with me isn't stats at all. That is just you throwing around your opinion.

Poor and low-income people do not vote as much as middle class and upper class people. http://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p20-562.pdf The poorer you are, the less likely you are to vote. Meanwhile, those who have more at stake, tend to vote in higher percentages. This should make intuitive sense. The people who matter most of all in deciding elections are middle class, white people. There's no way a Democrat like Clinton and Obama can ever win unless they have a large percentage of that vote.

And here's an interesting piece on income and party affiliation: http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/research/unpublished/redblue11.pdf

NaptownChief
09-02-2011, 10:44 AM
The poorer you are, the less likely you are to vote. Meanwhile, those who have more at stake, tend to vote in higher percentages.

Absolutely true....but there are a lot more poor people than rich people so even though a lower % votes they still account for a lot of votes.

But the demographic that put Obama over the top with ease was the white college educated soccer moms. Those dumb broads voted for that socialist in droves. Now that more of them are being forced off the couch and having to turn off Housewives of Orange County to help their husband's pay the bills that might change however.

Chief Henry
09-02-2011, 10:50 AM
When you are all out of cards. just play the race card.

THIS

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Absolutely true....but there are a lot more poor people than rich people so even though a lower % votes they still account for a lot of votes.

Look at page 4 of the report from the first link. It shows how many people in what income bracket are registered to vote, and voted. It shows that lower income people as a group did not outweigh higher income people as a voting bloc.

NaptownChief
09-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Look at page 4 of the report from the first link. It shows how many people in what income bracket are registered to vote, and voted. It shows that lower income people as a group did not outweigh higher income people as a voting bloc.

Sure the $50k and under is slightly less than the $100k and over. So what is the point and what are we debating?

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Sure the $50k and under is slightly less than the $100k and over. So what is the point and what are we debating?

The 50K and under is slightly less than the 100K and over?

As I read that chart, it says the number of voters with less than 20K was 6,665,000. 20K-29K was 6,606,000. 30K-39K was 8,793,000. 40K-49K was 7,307,000. That's a total low family income voter count of around 30,000,000.

Moving up, 50K-74999 was 19,743,000. Above that 13,846,000. Above that, 33,589,000. That's a total mid to high family income voter count of around 66,000,000. That means that the 50K and up is over twice as populated as the low income voters.

You argued that there are a lot more poor people than rich people [that vote], and that that was part of the reason Democrats win elections, instead of 'average joes' voting for Democrats.

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 11:34 AM
You went from saying that poor, black, union workers are the main reasons that Democrats win elections. Now you throw in that white, educated mothers vote Democrat. Next post, you'll say that "people who aren't like me and my friends" are the reasons why Democrats win elections. Then we just have to figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

vailpass
09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Who's gonna' swing from a tree?

NaptownChief
09-02-2011, 01:04 PM
You argued that there are a lot more poor people than rich people [that vote],

You sure about that. You are twisting the story a bit. Here is my exact quote:

No where in there did a I say a lot more poor people vote then rich people....Just said there are a lot of them and they account for a lot of votes.

Democrats win elections because of the money they hand out. Poor people, unions, government workers and any segment like schools and universities that eat from the government trough. That was my original point. The number of people that aren't sucking on the government teet(either via direct subsidies or indirect by public sector jobs) that vote Democrat is very small.

RNR
09-02-2011, 02:27 PM

I do not know the numbers through out the country, although when living in Kansas 90% of the people I talked with disagreed with the shift to the left in this country. I now live in North Carolina and the % is about the same. This does not include the many who do not follow politics at all. The last group out number the group that does follow politics. Of those who pay no attention and do vote seem to vote for the party their dad voted for. I will say I have met several who vote left because they support unions and look at the right as evil rich men keeping the working man down~

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 02:46 PM
You sure about that. You are twisting the story a bit. Here is my exact quote:

Democrats win elections because of the money they hand out. Poor people, unions, government workers and any segment like schools and universities that eat from the government trough. That was my original point. The number of people that aren't sucking on the government teet(either via direct subsidies or indirect by public sector jobs) that vote Democrat is very small.

My original point was just that there are a lot of hard working, middle class, good parenting types that vote for a Democrat for various reasons. I will concede to you that there are more gov-teet-suckers that vote Democrat than Republican, as least I would assume so.

stevieray
09-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Because you do a lot to avoid them, it seems they are inconvenient for your agenda.

ROFL

golden...and totally ironic. thnaks for the laugh.

h.leven
09-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't know what the big deal is, Carson didn't say anything about the tea party that orange, banyon, amnorix, jenson, frankie et al haven't said over and over for the past two years.

Brock
09-02-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't know what the big deal is, Carson didn't say anything about the tea party that orange, banyon, amnorix, jenson, frankie et al haven't said over and over for the past two years.

The internet version of herpes is back!

h.leven
09-02-2011, 05:18 PM
The internet version of herpes is back!

Over and over like a systemic brain fart.

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 06:56 PM
ROFL

Ironic, how? Do you think I try to avoid your questions?

Dave Lane
09-02-2011, 09:20 PM

Yawn...

I'm sorry were you saying something?

Psyko Tek
09-02-2011, 09:27 PM

yes it is

Psyko Tek
09-02-2011, 09:36 PM

all irt takes to be elected is lots of money
we should start the draft again
just for the congress not army service
lobbyists should be shot on sight

they pay you 100k per year serve 4 yrs and then go home
any form of bribery from special interest groups is considered treason

career politicians/east coast harvard & yale grads are at least half the problem

I want senator bugeater
governor rainman

representative kurt cobain

real peolple should be allowed our chance to fuck it up
ain't none of them spending millions to get that job for the money it pays now',
just what they get after

Psyko Tek
09-02-2011, 09:39 PM
It's stuff like this that tells you all you need to know about Democrats in general. And I'm not talking about this idiot Carson. I'm talking about the reaction or complete lack of a reaction from all other Dems in congress and Dem voters.

If a GOP member were this stupid and ran around saying absurd stuff like this I would expect the overwhelming majority of GOP congress people to be outraged and try to run the person out of Washington. I would also expect people like myself and the majority of GOP voters condemning the idiot and making sure he was tossed out as quickly as possible. But Dems not only condone this stuff I wouldn't be surprised if they don't secretly applaud it.

have you heard of bachman and perry?
yes this is amazingly stupid but those two match it
GAWD told me so
JEBUS sent me a text that says LOL

Frankie
09-03-2011, 12:01 AM
sounds great in theory, but what's to keep the campaign money from being funneled through pacs and the like (lobbies in their own way)?Imposable long term jail.

would you make it illegal for private parties and corporations to express their political preferences through campaign ads?
No, as long as those ads are paid for by the candidate's allotted funds.

Look Mr. go bowe, I didn't say I had this idea polished and ready to go, but it seems like a good way to stop the current BS.

Frankie
09-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Lobbyists are the fuel to the corruption that runs rampant in our government. Our political leaders are far removed from the everyday life of the citizens. They are only concerned with paying back favors, and getting re-elected. Both parties are against the deficit, but somehow it grows no matter who controls the house, senate or white house. The “too big to fail” mentality applies to corporations, banks and our government. That is a flawed mentality to say the least~

You don't have to convince me. I agree with every word in your post save for the "too big to fail" thing.

I mean I do not disagree with the general meaning of what you say, but I say no entity should be allowed to get that big and our economy should not have to rely on such monstrosities.

We had, IMO, reached a point that the failing of those banks would collapse our economy. I'm no economist, but it seems there oughta be better ways to secure the economy on a hundred small legs than a handfull of giant legs.

Frankie
09-03-2011, 09:41 AM

Sports, I don't know what your definition of large is for a political party. But Dems are by far more varied in their membership cultures than GOP. That's a point of pride for Dems and yet a bit of a sweet poison in that it prevents them to unite on a dime like Republicans do.

Frankie
09-03-2011, 09:49 AM

Can you tell me why and how Pelosi, Reid, and Obama are radicals, NC?

The word "radical" is a deliberate GOP talking point that was assigned to describing any democrat running or already in a powerful position. It really started showing up magically and perpetuated on F***ed News, Hannity and Sean Limbeck's radio programs and the lips of EVERY GOP politician in front of any Camera around when it was being clear that Obama was going to be the Dem's nominee for POTUS.

Frankie
09-03-2011, 09:50 AM

Especially in the 90s!!

Frankie
09-03-2011, 09:52 AM

ROFL

Frankie
09-03-2011, 09:55 AM
You enjoy my sarcasm? I'm looking for responses by you to my questions, not rolling eyes. The reason this was obviously not a discussion is because you wouldn't expand on your claims.

This. Rep.

Frankie
09-03-2011, 09:58 AM
ROFL

Stevie, my bro, you have avoided answering his simple clear point for 6 or 7 posts now.

Just sayin'.

patteeu
09-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Sounds about right. Republicans are racist. And Gay. Yep.

From your perspective, which is worse, being racist or being gay?

Setsuna
09-03-2011, 10:23 AM
ROFL. I'm black and there's no way he said that. That was taken out of context. What poor journalism. And I'm republican.

RNR
09-03-2011, 03:06 PM
ROFL. I'm black and there's no way he said that. That was taken out of context. What poor journalism. And I'm republican.

You are wrong, he said it~

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/2/democrats-racist-cop-out/

Rep. Andre Carson, Indiana Democrat and the Congressional Black Caucus whip, stated recently that members of the Tea Party and Republicans were racists and wanted to see black people hang from trees. These claims are outrageous. The silence of President Obama, other members of the caucus and other Democrats in failing to criticize the statements essentially condones them and is shameful.

stevieray
09-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Just sayin'.

uh huh....LMAO

not even shocked, nor surprised.

stevieray
09-04-2011, 02:02 AM

[B] The silence of President Obama, other members of the caucus and other Democrats in failing to criticize the statements essentially condones them and is shameful.

hey, got to keep the lie alive....they've been banking on it for decades...sadly, most think that black heroes started with MLK, when in reality, it started right from the beginning of this country... hard to tell the truth while conflicted with taking God out of the equation...

HonestChieffan
09-04-2011, 06:19 AM
http://www.stormfax.com/FreeFishBlogPix.jpg

Bob Dole
09-04-2011, 07:47 AM

He just locked up a lot of votes.

Setsuna
09-04-2011, 09:39 AM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/2/democrats-racist-cop-out/

Rep. Andre Carson, Indiana Democrat and the Congressional Black Caucus whip, stated recently that members of the Tea Party and Republicans were racists and wanted to see black people hang from trees. These claims are outrageous. The silence of President Obama, other members of the caucus and other Democrats in failing to criticize the statements essentially condones them and is shameful.

Damn...oh well. I'm ok with being wrong from time to time. And well, I'm not surprised a Dem said that. The reason there's no reaction to it is because if they got upset with the guy, they may lose the black vote. I'm saying the "black vote" because about 90% of black people that vote are ignorant, and that's just how they like it. But if they're ignorant, maybe they won't even care or hear about it.

RNR
09-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Damn...oh well. I'm ok with being wrong from time to time. And well, I'm not surprised a Dem said that. The reason there's no reaction to it is because if they got upset with the guy, they may lose the black vote. I'm saying the "black vote" because about 90% of black people that vote are ignorant, and that's just how they like it. But if they're ignorant, maybe they won't even care or hear about it.

I would guess that the percentage of ignorant voters is about the same though out all races. More people vote for American Idol weekly than vote in elections...ok the last part was a guess also~

Frankie
09-04-2011, 05:23 PM
uh huh....LMAO

not even shocked, nor surprised.

You mean you did answer him? Which post was it?

Setsuna
09-04-2011, 06:24 PM
I would guess that the percentage of ignorant voters is about the same though out all races. More people vote for American Idol weekly than vote in elections...ok the last part was a guess also~

Lol well...yeah. I just focus more on the political black vote because I am black. I'm sure you're right though.

stevieray
09-04-2011, 06:54 PM
You mean you did answer him? Which post was it?
whatsamatta, frankie? desperate for conflict?

...my opinion/take on this subject has been the same for years.

Frankie
09-04-2011, 07:02 PM
whatsamatta, frankie? desperate for conflict?

...my opinion/take on this subject has been the same for years.

Oh, so you DIDN'T answer him. Never mind, I thought you did and I missed it.

stevieray
09-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh, so you DIDN'T answer him. Never mind, I thought you did and I missed it.
no need.....it's rhetorical.

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Damn...oh well. I'm ok with being wrong from time to time. And well, I'm not surprised a Dem said that. The reason there's no reaction to it is because if they got upset with the guy, they may lose the black vote. I'm saying the "black vote" because about 90% of black people that vote are ignorant, and that's just how they like it. Bu if they're ignorant, maybe they won't even care or hear about it.t

wow...really ?