PDA

View Full Version : General Politics More Posturing: Boehner rejects Obama date for jobs speech

whoman69
08-31-2011, 06:03 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44343546/ns/politics-white_house/

Looks like more posturing. The President wants to address Congress on the Sept. 7 which is the night of a Republican debate, while Boener offers Sept. 8, where he would have to go against the opening night of the NFL.

CoMoChief
08-31-2011, 07:07 PM
:facepalm:

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Bad move. A 2 hour rebuttal of his wash, rinse, repeat effort to "create jobs" would have made for an epic debate.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 07:28 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44343546/ns/politics-white_house/

Looks like more posturing. The President wants to address Congress on the Sept. 7 which is the night of a Republican debate, while Boener offers Sept. 8, where he would have to go against the opening night of the NFL.

well, that seems fair...

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Bohener is a dumbass. I would have gladly moved the debate for Obama. I would encourage the President to go on national TV and 'splain to the peeps how he now has a jobs plan...again. How we are going to invest monies we don't have again. How said monies will be spent on things like infrastructure, green jobs and shovel ready projects....again.

It would prove fresh and very recent ammo for the Repubs to rip his ass apart in the debate.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Then again, the Obama's jobs plan is so important that he had to take a vacation first so what's another day???

Brainiac
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Considering that the Republican debate was already scheduled for that night, it sounds more like Obama is the one playing politics.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Bad move. A 2 hour rebuttal of his wash, rinse, repeat effort to "create jobs" would have made for an epic debate.

i'm looking forward to seeing what the republicans have to say about it...

is it another bad idea or just bad that it is coming from obama?

what do the republicans have to replace it besides tax cuts for the rich and tax breaks for big corporations?

it should be interesting, but i'll miss it all if they do it on opening night in the nfl...

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Considering that the Republican debate was already scheduled for that night, it sounds more like Obama is the one playing politics.

Most definitely. He wants to delay the ass ripping he is going to get for taking another vacation while jobs are his #1 priority.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 07:36 PM

are you suggesting that the response he got was not also playing politics?

both sides are politicians, for cryin out loud...

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:37 PM

what do the republicans have to replace it besides tax cuts for the rich and tax breaks for big corporations?

it should be interesting, but i'll miss it all if they do it on opening night in the nfl...

The repubs need to pull their head out of their ass as well. I think one of the single best ways to spur job growth, and I have even heard some die-hard Dems agree with it, is to allow a tax holiday for corporations to bring back their overseas capital and invest it here. We won't tax it this one time if they agree to bring it back. Couple that with some more business friendly regulations and trade agreements and I think that will go a lot further than lowering interest rates to 0 and spending more money we don't have.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Most definitely. He wants to delay the ass ripping he is going to get for taking another vacation while jobs are his #1 priority.

what's all this chatter about vacations?

didn't bush take more vacations than any president, premier or czar in history?

(blame bush first - rule 1 of the marxist rule book /sportsshrink)

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 07:40 PM

Do you still believe Obama cares about jobs? Honestly? ROFL

RNR
08-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Do you still believe Obama cares about jobs? Honestly? ROFL

I am sure he cares about them, he just does not have a clue how to create them~

go bowe
08-31-2011, 07:45 PM
The repubs need to pull their head out of their ass as well. I think one of the single best ways to spur job growth, and I have even heard some die-hard Dems agree with it, is to allow a tax holiday for corporations to bring back their overseas capital and invest it here. We won't tax it this one time if they agree to bring it back. Couple that with some more business friendly regulations and trade agreements and I think that will go a lot further than lowering interest rates to 0 and spending more money we don't have.

if we decide to give tax breaks to corporations to get them to bring back their capital, shouldn't we offer something more permanent than a one-time only deal?

is that a good enough deal to persuade them to bring the capital back?

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 07:46 PM

I'm convinced the only job he truly cares about is his.

If he really cared he could admit he was wrong before and ask for input from people that actually create jobs on what the gov't should be doing....

go bowe
08-31-2011, 07:47 PM

this //|\\

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:47 PM
what's all this chatter about vacations?

didn't bush take more vacations than any president, premier or czar in history?

(blame bush first - rule 1 of the marxist rule book /sportsshrink)

bla bla bla, Bush, bla bla bla. I thought he was supposed to be the antithesis of Bush?

It's hard to take a President seriously, any President when they suffer the first downgrade in our history, justified or not, high unemployment, high food and gas prices, when he says "I have a jobs plan and I'll give it to you right after my vacation". I mean this guy is constantly on some sort of vacation. Bush at least from Crawford had his cabinet with him a lot of the time.

Secondly, I don't seem to recall Lady Bush taking separate flights all the time and going on tax payer funded, spending sprees every month either.

So did Bush spend a lot of days away from the WH? Yes. But wasn't Obama supposed to be what Bush wasn't?

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:48 PM
if we decide to give tax breaks to corporations to get them to bring back their capital, shouldn't we offer something more permanent than a one-time only deal?

is that a good enough deal to persuade them to bring the capital back?

Possibly have to change some things for the future, sure, but I think this is am excellent starting point.

Bottom line is if Congress wants jobs to be created they need to quite demonizing those who create them.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 07:52 PM

If he really cared he could admit he was wrong before and ask for input from people that actually create jobs on what the gov't should be doing....

isn't that just another piece of partisan hyperbole?

obama doesn't care about jobs?

seriously?

because he's a community organizing marxist tyrant, right?

oh wait, he's a democrat, that explains it all... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

go bowe
08-31-2011, 07:55 PM
bla bla bla, Bush, bla bla bla. I thought he was supposed to be the antithesis of Bush?

It's hard to take a President seriously, any President when they suffer the first downgrade in our history, justified or not, high unemployment, high food and gas prices, when he says "I have a jobs plan and I'll give it to you right after my vacation". I mean this guy is constantly on some sort of vacation. Bush at least from Crawford had his cabinet with him a lot of the time.

Secondly, I don't seem to recall Lady Bush taking separate flights all the time and going on tax payer funded, spending sprees every month either.

So did Bush spend a lot of days away from the WH? Yes. But wasn't Obama supposed to be what Bush wasn't?

in many ways obama IS bush...

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:56 PM
in many ways obama IS bush...

In many ways Obama is worse than Bush. I haven't seen many where is better than Bush and that isn't a high bar being set.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Possibly have to change some things for the future, sure, but I think this is am excellent starting point.

Bottom line is if Congress wants jobs to be created they need to quite demonizing those who create them.

i dunno pete...

i would think that businessmen controlling vast sums of capital would base their decisions more on economics and less on whether congress is being nice to them...

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:58 PM

seriously?

oh wait, he's a democrat, that explains it all... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Obama may care about jobs and I think he does, if for anything his own political future. But he is ignorant when it comes to dealing with them. He has never ran a company. He has 0 business savvy. He has 0 economic savvy. His economic policies are rooted more in political pandering to a base rather than making sound economic decisions.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
i dunno pete...

i would think that businessmen controlling vast sums of capital would base their decisions more on economics and less on whether congress is being nice to them...

Congress sets the economic tone for our country. They write the rules and regulations. So Congress being nice to them does play a big part of our economic situation. If you keep burdening corporations with taxes and regulations and generally making it more expensive for the to do business then they are going to go elsewhere. Common sense, really.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 08:00 PM
In many ways Obama is worse than Bush. I haven't seen many where is better than Bush and that isn't a high bar being set.

hey, obama got osama, that's something that bush didn't do... :p :p :p

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:01 PM
hey, obama got osama, that's something that bush didn't do... :p :p :p

He also got us into a war without going to Congress first. Also something Bush didn't do. :p

Bewbies
08-31-2011, 08:02 PM

seriously?

Doesn't care, or is stupid.

Let's try the same thing that has failed over, and over, and over, and over, and over--but let's try it bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and bigger. It will work this time because he cares.

Someone who cares is interested in results, not intentions.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
He also got us into a war without going to Congress first. Also something Bush didn't do. :p

oh crap, libya was about as big a war as grenada and only lasted a little longer...

when you get a hundred thousand boots on the ground for 5 or 10 years, that's a war...

Brainiac
08-31-2011, 08:04 PM
i dunno pete...

That statement shows an alarming lack of understanding about the power that the government has to either encourage or discourage economic activity.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:06 PM
oh crap, libya was about as big a war as grenada and only lasted a little longer...

when you get a hundred thousand boots on the ground for 5 or 10 years, that's a war...

Doesn't matter. Bush still never did it!!! I WIN!!!

This is me --->>>> PBJ

WINNING!

go bowe
08-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Doesn't matter. Bush still never did it!!! I WIN!!!

This is me --->>>> PBJ

WINNING!

don't let your head swell too much, pete, it might explode...

go bowe
08-31-2011, 08:33 PM
That statement shows an alarming lack of understanding about the power that the government has to either encourage or discourage economic activity.

don't be alarmed, i was responding to pete's comment that congress demonizes job creators, not referring to the power of government to encourage/discourage business...

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:35 PM
don't let your head swell too much, pete, it might explode...

Dude, all I can say is Obama has not outdone Bush in any way and that is pretty sad. While Bush and the Repubs did some not-so-good things Obama and his party can't even get a budget passed.

Just think about that for a second. A Democratic President with a Democratically controlled House and Senate could not, or should I say would not pass a budget for 2 years straight. This is routine stuff, man. Sorry, it's just hard to believe and harder to take him and his party seriously when they talk economics when they couldn't even pass a fucking budget.

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM
don't be alarmed, i was responding to pete's comment that congress demonizes job creators, not referring to the power of government to encourage/discourage business...

A particular party loves to demonize job creators. Tax them HIGHER! MAKE them provide health insurance. Make them do this, make them do that. Oh and by the way, WTF are these people not hiring anyone??

go bowe
08-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Dude, all I can say is Obama has not outdone Bush in any way and that is pretty sad. While Bush and the Repubs did some not-so-good things Obama and his party can't even get a budget passed.

Just think about that for a second. A Democratic President with a Democratically controlled House and Senate could not, or should I say would not pass a budget for 2 years straight. This is routine stuff, man. Sorry, it's just hard to believe and harder to take him and his party seriously when they talk economics when they couldn't even pass a fucking budget.

oh c'mon...

you wouldn't take obama seriously if he was jesus christ himself...

and out of all the huge fuck-ups that obama has brought upon himself, you picked the budget crap?

c'mon pete, you're slipping...

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:52 PM
oh c'mon...

you wouldn't take obama seriously if he was jesus christ himself...

and out of all the huge ****-ups that obama has brought upon himself, you picked the budget crap?

c'mon pete, you're slipping...

Well, you're right because I don't believe in Jesus, so what else ya got?

I picked the budget because it is the most routine operation of Congress and they couldn't or wouldn't even get it done.

As far as Obama being taken seriously, why should I? What has he done? What has he achieved in his career that qualifies him to be a President? Even Bush was a governor. Clinton was a governor. Bush Sr. was in the military, head of CIA, Ambasador to China and VP of the U.S. for 8 years. Reagan was a governor. Carter was a governor. They actually had experience running something other than their mouths at community rallies.

Obama has not done dick. He hasn't ran a business, not even a failing one. He hasn't ran a state. He wasn't even a private in the military let alone a high ranking officer who actually was in charge of something. What is to take serious? He got his hype based on Oprah and the media. No one ever asked how he planned to do all he claimed he would do because they were just too in love with him.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Well, you're right because I don't believe in Jesus, so what else ya got?

I picked the budget because it is the most routine operation of Congress and they couldn't or wouldn't even get it done.

As far as Obama being taken seriously, why should I? What has he done? What has he achieved in his career that qualifies him to be a President? Even Bush was a governor. Clinton was a governor. Bush Sr. was in the military, head of CIA, Ambasador to China and VP of the U.S. for 8 years. Reagan was a governor. Carter was a governor. They actually had experience running something other than their mouths at community rallies.

Obama has not done dick. He hasn't ran a business, not even a failing one. He hasn't ran a state. He wasn't even a private in the military let alone a high ranking officer who actually was in charge of something. What is to take serious? He got his hype based on Oprah and the media. No one ever asked how he planned to do all he claimed he would do because they were just too in love with him.

hell pete, some of us are still in love with him despite all his failures...

for example, i can't resist the sight of his ears...

petegz28
08-31-2011, 08:59 PM
hell pete, some of us are still in love with him despite all his failures...

for example, i can't resist the sight of his ears...

Well, there are those women who tolerate having the shit beat out of them because their man packs a cock rocket. And it's not so much that he was a failure prior to being President, it's that he just never did anything to qualify him to be President.

HonestChieffan
08-31-2011, 09:10 PM

He cares. Really. He cares deeply about creation of public sector jobs.

He has no understanding of the private sector. That is not his fault. He has never worked in the private sector, never had any exposure to what it takes to run a business, never had to make a decision to add people or fire people, add new technology or expand a business.

No surprise he has zero clue on what business needs or how his decisions and his administrations regulatory jihad impacts the guy who owns and operates a business.

His closest advisors are people like Trumka. Union types who also have no clue about how to run a business.

Cut him some slack.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 09:16 PM
He cares. Really. He cares deeply about creation of public sector jobs.

He has no understanding of the private sector. That is not his fault. He has never worked in the private sector, never had any exposure to what it takes to run a business, never had to make a decision to add people or fire people, add new technology or expand a business.

No surprise he has zero clue on what business needs or how his decisions and his administrations regulatory jihad impacts the guy who owns and operates a business.

His closest advisors are people like Trumka. Union types who also have no clue about how to run a business.

Cut him some slack.

didn't some of his economic advisers come from the banking industry in addition to union guys?

not that they're much better...

HonestChieffan
08-31-2011, 09:30 PM
didn't some of his economic advisers come from the banking industry in addition to union guys?

not that they're much better...

One of the last places I would go for advise on running my business would be a bank. Of course he has Krugman to go to....oh wait, that didn't work.

go bowe
08-31-2011, 09:37 PM
One of the last places I would go for advise on running my business would be a bank. Of course he has Krugman to go to....oh wait, that didn't work.

kinda my point about the bankers...

and that he doesn't have any principal advisers who are experienced in the private sector...

kinda agreeing with you on that too...

HonestChieffan
08-31-2011, 09:40 PM
cool....

kinda....