PDA

View Full Version : Obama Disapproval rating sets stage for further Obama Downgrade after he regives the same o

HonestChieffan
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
(The Hill) ó Disapproval of President Obamaís handling of the economy and unemployment is at an all-time high heading into his highly-anticipated speech on his jobs plan next week.

A CNN/ORC poll released Thursday found deep dissatisfaction with the presidentís management of the economy; 65 percent of Americans said they disapprove of the way Obama is handling the economy, the highest level of disapproval the president has faced on that question in this poll.

Just 34 percent of Americans approve of the way Obama is managing the economy, matching the low point in CNN/ORCís numbers since Obama took office.

As for the number one issue in the election, jobs, the president also faces the dimmest numbers of his tenure. Sixty-two percent of Americans said they disapprove of Obamaís work on unemployment, while 37 percent said they approve.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/179113-obama-faces-lowest-numbers-yet-on-economy-heading-into-jobs-speech

BucEyedPea
09-01-2011, 01:57 PM
A CNN/ORC poll released Thursday found deep dissatisfaction with the presidentís management of the economy; 65 percent of Americans said they disapprove of the way Obama is handling the economy, the highest level of disapproval the president has faced on that question in this poll.

What on earth are they polling for "managing" the economy? The should be polling first on does a president "manage" an economy. I bet the answer is yes unfortunately.

DJ's left nut
09-01-2011, 02:04 PM
What on earth are they polling for "managing" the economy? The should be polling first on does a president "manage" an economy. I bet the answer is yes unfortunately.

No, but rhetoric and policy from the White House can absolutely act as a governor on economic growth and job creation.

There's no way we'll see sustained job growth under this administration. Business owners just don't trust the man.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2011, 02:38 PM
No, but rhetoric and policy from the White House can absolutely act as a governor on economic growth and job creation.

There's no way we'll see sustained job growth under this administration. Business owners just don't trust the man.

Well I agree but I was just trying to dispel the notion that one man could "manage" an entire economy. I do think a president can harm an economy though.

HonestChieffan
09-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Watched Carney today for as long as I could take it. Thursday will be a rush. They are bound and determined to re run the same act. When he said, about fortyeleven times, that when congress reconvenes they will have heard from their constituents that the people are demanding action on the Presidents proposal I gave up.

This will be like watching a train wreck.