PDA

View Full Version : Would You Trade CJ2K?

Hoover
09-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm in a 12 team non ppr league. I had the 10th pick in the draft and got CJ2K in the 2nd round (STEAL).

So here is my question.

His value is once again sky high. Should I attempt to trade him since I don't have much invested, or do I ride him the entire season?

Here is my team

QB: Romo, McNabb
RB: M. Turner, C. Johnson, Toldert, J. Stweart (Start 2)
WR: Bowe, Colston, Steve Smith (CAR), J. Jones (ATL) (Start 3)
TE: Tony G
K: Crosby
D: Chiefs

Old Dog
09-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't think it's broken. Why fix it?

Hoover
09-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah, just thought I might be able to target another top WR along with a middle of the road rb.

Old Dog
09-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah, just thought I might be able to target another top WR along with a middle of the road rb.

Of course if you can do that, but who are you targeting? Give us a "for example".

Pestilence
09-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I'd be looking to get rid of Michael Turner instead.

Hoover
09-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I think moving Turner makes more sense actually.

I don't really know his value, but I wonder if I could swing a deal where I could get Clavin Johnson and a Felix Jones for Turner and Steve Smith

Pestilence
09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I think moving Turner makes more sense actually.

I don't really know his value, but I wonder if I could swing a deal where I could get Clavin Johnson and a Felix Jones for Turner and Steve Smith

Doubtful....unless the other owner is an idiot.

Old Dog
09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
probably not. CJ is the #1 WR on a lot of boards. Something more in the Vincent Jackson range might be doable though. Felix is also climbing up boards with no real competition there

Pestilence
09-01-2011, 12:35 PM
You don't want Felix Jones anyways....you have Romo.

You should go see who has Miles Austin or Dez Bryant.

Cave Johnson
09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Trading Turner and Steve Smith for an upside back and an upgrade at WR would be a great idea. Problem is, I'm not sure anyone would be interested in your old, soon to be broken down players. And, Julio Jones is probably a better start week to week than Smith.

I'd sub Colston (who's had 5 knee surgeries) for Smith.

Cave Johnson
09-01-2011, 02:07 PM
You don't want Felix Jones anyways....you have Romo.

You should go see who has Miles Austin or Dez Bryant.

Depends on whether you're ok with multiple skill players from the same team. I passed on Witten in the 5th of a 12 teamer and got Stevie Johnson instead b/c I had Romo. Regretting that move in hindsight.

Pestilence
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Depends on whether you're ok with multiple skill players from the same team. I passed on Witten in the 5th of a 12 teamer and got Stevie Johnson instead b/c I had Romo. Regretting that move in hindsight.

Why would you pass on Witten if you have Romo? It's one thing to have a QB/RB or RB/WR from the same team....but a QB/WR or QB/TE from the same team is good.

Cave Johnson
09-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Why would you pass on Witten if you have Romo? It's one thing to have a QB/RB or RB/WR from the same team....but a QB/WR or QB/TE from the same team is good.

Retardedness and a fear of new things, most likely.

ngoc
09-07-2011, 02:48 AM
Depends on who your new QB is. If you have an adequate replacement, it is a good deal for you. I don't trust Gore and the SF offense right now. CJ should continue to be great, so I think it is worth it, as long as you can replace Schaub.

ChiefGator
09-07-2011, 12:49 PM
You start two RB's. Just keep him. It would be different if you had a better third RB.

Some RB/WR for RB/WR trade might always work, but that has nothing to do with CJ. Just have to look at each trade seperately.

Two gangbuster RBs and a mediocre WR isn't necessarily worse than one gangbuster RB, a good RB, and a good WR.