PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security General: China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2011, 11:17 PM
By Gordon G. Chang
World Affairs
Thursday, September 1, 2011

A retired Chinese general recently revealed that his country might be planning a surprise missile attack on the United States.

The public comment of Xu Guangyu came in response to WikiLeaks revelations that last year Washington had warned its allies beforehand of China’s test of a missile interceptor.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in a classified cable sent last January 9th, instructed American embassies in Australia, Britain, Canada, and New Zealand to notify those countries of upcoming Chinese launches two days later. The cable included details of the launch sites for the interceptor and the target, the models of the missiles, the purpose of the test, and the test date.

Yesterday, Hong Kong’s South China Morning Post carried comments from Xu, now at the China Arms Control and Disarmament Association, to the effect that American satellites would have detected activity at the launch sites but that some of the information in the cables—specifically the types of missiles and the day of the test—must have come from a source on the ground.

WikiLeaks’s release of this cable, revealing one or more American spies in China’s strategic missile corps, is perhaps the website’s most significant compromise of US security to date.

The Hong Kong paper noted that Xu said that “if China could no longer keep secret its missile launches, it would not be able to launch a surprise attack on the US.”

Is China really in the process of planning to destroy the American homeland with a preemptive barrage of nuclear-tipped missiles? Xu’s comment, of course, is not proof, but it does reveal that Chinese flag officers are thinking about doing so.

Unfortunately, Xu’s hostile sentiment fits within a worrisome trend. Especially since the beginning of last year, there has been a series of belligerent comments from China’s generals, admirals, and colonels, some talking about war with the US in the near future. Last February, for instance, Colonel Meng Xianging said the People’s Liberation Army would “qualitatively upgrade” its capabilities to force a showdown on US policy toward Taiwan within the decade “when we’re strong enough for a hand-to-hand fight with the US.”

Given the belicose statements coming from some of China’s military brass—along with China’s well-documented aggressive behavior in the South China Sea and other peripheral waters—it is difficult to imagine how Western observers can deny China’s intentions and the clashes that lie ahead. Thank you, General Xu.

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/bin/Is_China_Planning_a_Surprise_Missile_Attach.html

Please shop at Wal Mart, Target and with other corporations that Offshore jobs to our friends from the east.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
We should be worried about a few primitives living in caves in the Middle East.

ClevelandBronco
09-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Wouldn't it be kind of insane if they didn't have plans for a surprise missile attack against the U.S.?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Wouldn't it be kind of insane if they didn't have plans for a surprise missile attack against the U.S.?

They're our friends now, you know?

ClevelandBronco
09-01-2011, 11:30 PM
They're our friends now, you know?

No. I hadn't heard. When did that happen?

Anyway, I would hope that the U.S. has plans for surprise missile attacks against every living thing on the planet.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2011, 11:31 PM
No. I hadn't heard.

Oh I heard plenty of it, I just never bought into it because it doesn't make any sense. Yet we continue to enrich them, to let them build up, and for what? To Attack us?

ClevelandBronco
09-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Oh I heard plenty of it, I just never bought into it because it doesn't make any sense. Yet we continue to enrich them, to let them build up, and for what? To Attack us?

If it's in their best interest, it's okay by me.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Anyway, I would hope that the U.S. has plans for surprise missile attacks against every living thing on the planet.

Ok, and what would the defense against this be? Put your head between your legs and kiss yer arse goodbye? That isn't the kind of plan i would have suggested. Oh you mean the Bomb Shelters being built by our government to protect the select few.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2011, 11:35 PM
If it's in their best interest, it's okay by me.

It's ok we're providing them with what they need to destroy us? I guess I see things a tad bit different.

ClevelandBronco
09-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Ok, and what would the defense against this be? Put your head between your legs and kiss yer arse goodbye? That isn't the kind of plan i would have suggested. Oh you mean the Bomb Shelters being built by our government to protect the select few.

My plan would be to die. I don't really care about what happens after that.

ClevelandBronco
09-01-2011, 11:38 PM
It's ok we're providing them with what they need to destroy us? I guess I see things a tad bit different.

No, we see things a lot different.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2011, 11:39 PM
My plan would be to die. I don't really care about what happens after that.

I guess i see your point, other than the what happens after that part. I see it as in our best interest to stay away from WW III or Bombageddon.

RubberSponge
09-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't see the cause for alarm. This is a part of what countries do. Plan offensive and defensive strategies of it's armed forces.

Would you be surprised that Russia has similar plans? How about Canada?

Why is this so alarming to you when we do the exact same?

ClevelandBronco
09-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I guess i see your point, other than the what happens after that part. I see it as in our best interest to stay away from WW III or Bombageddon.

"We" (whoever that's supposed to be) have no way to prevent it. Get some sleep. You worry too much.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't see the cause for alarm. This is a part of what countries do. Plan offensive and defensive strategies of it's armed forces.

Would you be surprised that Russia has similar plans? How about Canada?

Why is this so alarming to you when we do the exact same?

I guess it will take that 1st missile hitting their living rooms before many here understand. Do you think China will continue to grow to the point where they are stronger than the US and continue to play servant for us?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2011, 11:47 PM
"We" (whoever that's supposed to be) have no way to prevent it. Get some sleep. You worry too much.

I'm sure it won't happen tonight, but do we not see the need to stop fighting primitives living in caves to build up our economy and keep our Military strong here to avoid such possibilities? We means WE here as citizens of the United States.

As for the sleep part yes, I'm ready to fall over so goodnight.

orange
09-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh you mean the Bomb Shelters being built by our government to protect the select few.

Build your own. You claim you're against government dependency.

http://theinvisibleagent.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/bomb-shelterfalloutshelter.jpg?w=276&h=400

Shaid
09-02-2011, 12:08 AM
A lot of our drills that we ran in the national guard were that we were being invaded by Canada. Just because you play out different scenarios, doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

China needs us. The only way for communism to work is for people to be working. If they aren't working, they get restless. They provide us cheap labor, we keep their masses employed. War's not going to improve their situation in any way.

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2011, 02:30 AM
LMAO yeah, I'm sure this will happen. No other country buys More of China's crap than we do.

Hog Farmer
09-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Yeah, like they/re gonna blow up a country full of Super Walmarts. They're country would be in economic collapse. This is a dumb thread

RubberSponge
09-02-2011, 05:51 AM
I guess it will take that 1st missile hitting their living rooms before many here understand. Do you think China will continue to grow to the point where they are stronger than the US and continue to play servant for us?

Uh oh. A missile hitting our living rooms. Will the payload have Saddam's old stockpile of WMD's, Mr. Powell?

Do I think China will continue to grow to the point where they are stronger than the US and continue to play servant to us?

No. I don't think they will be stronger than us. China has enough domestic and international problems that 1.2 billion and growing number of people will cause them enough problems down the road. They will internally combust with their artificially inflated economy before they overtake us as an economic power. We have twice the economy and 1/3 of the amount of people. That cheap chinese labor won't last forever. People are starting to demand services that the Govt. has never been able to provide and logistically still can't. Education being a big one. China has more internal problems than what you could ever imagine. Of course, their state run media is still able to hide a lot of those issues. But that is an whole different discussion.

Back to the scare tactic of missiles hitting our living rooms...

chiefzilla1501
09-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Does anybody really think this is true?

C'mon, we're China's bitch right now. They own us, not the other way around. Their economy depends on us.

Jaric
09-02-2011, 06:46 AM

China is many things. Stupid is not one of them. If they launched missle strikes at our cities, Bejing will be glowing within an hour. They know that. We know that.

This is a contingency plan. No more. No less. Every country with missles likely has a plan. You hope to never have to use it. But if you do, you don't want to be in a position to be just winging it with missles strikes.

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 06:55 AM
That's an amazingly irresponsible article.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Seems like everyone here is out to lunch on this one, China doesn't need us as they can sell their cheap crap to many other countries. They will only accept their current position until they are more powerful than we are, which won't be long at the current rate.

Amnorix
09-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Oh FFS.

Meanwhile, Taiwan could be interesting in the coming years if the Chinese press their claim. Eventually, they'll have the military capability to take the island no matter what we do -- we will no longer be able to use the navy to interdict. Not sure they'll press the claim, however, but it's an interesting situation.

http://beijingolympicsblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/china-map-without-taiwan.gif

KILLER_CLOWN
09-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Build your own. You claim you're against government dependency.

http://theinvisibleagent.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/bomb-shelterfalloutshelter.jpg?w=276&h=400

Can't afford it since the Government took our money to use for their own greedy purposes.

evenfall
09-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Why would China need to bomb us to subjugate us? Really they just need to donate to Obama's reelection campaign. We'll be spending even faster and groveling to China for our third mortgage in no time.

trndobrd
09-02-2011, 08:04 AM
This makes as much sense as the bank sending some guys over to burn down a house they are about to repo.

***edit*** On second thought, the bank might be on to something, there might be insurance on the house.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-02-2011, 08:05 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAozBgPUXRM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAozBgPUXRM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

alnorth
09-02-2011, 08:15 AM
We also have plans drawn up to attack Canada and Mexico, just in case.

This is a pretty stupid article, and one would have to be gullible to panic over it.

Jaric
09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Hell, I have a zombie apocolypse plan, that doesn't mean I think the rising of the dead is imminent.

Radar Chief
09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Hell, I have a zombie apocolypse plan, that doesn't mean I think the rising of the dead is imminent.

LMAO I still havenít completed schematics for flying disc robots that autonomously fly around lopping off zombie heads but Iím getting closer.

alnorth
09-02-2011, 08:27 AM
LMAO I still havenít completed schematics for flying disc robots that autonomously fly around lopping off zombie heads but Iím getting closer.

how did you program them to not lop the heads off survivors?

Radar Chief
09-02-2011, 08:29 AM
how did you program them to not lop the heads off survivors?

Oh, youíre supposed to do that?

ChiTown
09-02-2011, 08:31 AM
EVERYBODY PANIC!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!

:facepalm:

Radar Chief
09-02-2011, 08:35 AM
EVERYBODY PANIC!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!

:facepalm:

http://i52.tinypic.com/35ldfls.gif

gblowfish
09-02-2011, 08:51 AM
China: "You got my money, bitch?"
USA: "Nope, we're still dead dick broke."
China: "That's not the answer we wanted."
MISSILE LAUNCH!!!!

patteeu
09-02-2011, 08:57 AM
A lot of our drills that we ran in the national guard were that we were being invaded by Canada.

I knew Canada was up to no good!

Jaric
09-02-2011, 08:58 AM
I knew Canada was up to no good!

Sounds like they need some freedom bombs to straighten them out.

Jaric
09-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Oh, youíre supposed to do that?

I would. The survivors will likely be just as dangerous as the zombies will be. What with society breaking down and resources likely to be in short demand.

patteeu
09-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Sounds like they need some freedom bombs to straighten them out.

Damn straight.

Jaric
09-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Damn straight.

It's time to **** them until they love us.

Dirty Canucks...

patteeu
09-02-2011, 09:44 AM

Dirty Canucks...

We can make them come around.

Radar Chief
09-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Dirty Canucks...

If I hear one more ďyahĒ, ďayeĒ or ďdonítícha knowĒ I swear Iím going to cap a bitch.

ROYC75
09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
China is of many things, but not this!

IMHO, I think China is content to being the # 2 Super Power.

Hydrae
09-02-2011, 10:30 AM
I used to tell my kids that they should consider learning Madarin as a second language. A large over-balance of males in a society historically has led to raiding others for their women. China has a real problem in this area.

Then I started reading about how every time China starts to rise in power like this it collapses on itself mostly due to the power being in along the eastern seaboard and the much larger interior being neglected. We see some of this already with unrest in many western provinces.

Bottom line, I don't worry about China any more. They will implode before they get around to attacking us.

morphius
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM
The good thing is that if they are building missile interceptors is that they are built in China...

morphius
09-02-2011, 10:43 AM
China is of many things, but not this!

IMHO, I think China is content to being the # 2 Super Power.
You only say that because they haven't tried to do anything like stopping the US dollar from being the international standard...

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I used to tell my kids that they should consider learning Madarin as a second language. A large over-balance of males in a society historically has led to raiding others for their women. China has a real problem in this area.

Then I started reading about how every time China starts to rise in power like this it collapses on itself mostly due to the power being in along the eastern seaboard and the much larger interior being neglected. We see some of this already with unrest in many western provinces.

Bottom line, I don't worry about China any more. They will implode before they get around to attacking us.

That's an interesting thought. But! I'd be careful to think that China's development will stagnate because of that alone. The power certainly is along the eastern seaboard, but that's where all the people are. It's like the United States in some respect.

I don't think the problems they have with Tibet and their Muslim population in the west is going to be all that much of a problem. It's a very small percent of the people.

The way it collapses is if it the east collapses. And I'm not sure how that will happen. China is gradually becoming more free-market, less authoritarian. Despite human rights violations, life is improving.

FishingRod
09-02-2011, 12:30 PM
We have an overwhelming nuclear advantage over the Chinese. Even if they managed to take out all our ICMS, and all of our Bombers, and then all but one of our Ohio Class Submarines, that would leave us with 24 trident missiles that have a range of 7000 miles with up to 192 nuclear warheads with which to seek retribution.

vailpass
09-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Bring it on yellow man, bring it on.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-02-2011, 01:28 PM
The good thing is that if they are building missile interceptors is that they are built in China...

LMAO I feel much better remembering that.

DJJasonp
09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
While it wouldnt surprise me that the general's quotes were actually CIA....to keep the public afraid....

That said, China bombing us would be like me buying a second car and lighting it on fire.

China has so much money wrapped up in American land, investments, etc. - it would be retarded for them to attack us.

If anything, they should be in the ME, helping to steal more oil and government contracts for the US.

durtyrute
09-02-2011, 01:55 PM
It's not a "surprise" anymore......geeeesh, thank KC, you ruined it for everyone.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-02-2011, 01:58 PM
While it wouldnt surprise me that the general's quotes were actually CIA....to keep the public afraid....

That said, China bombing us would be like me buying a second car and lighting it on fire.

China has so much money wrapped up in American land, investments, etc. - it would be retarded for them to attack us.

If anything, they should be in the ME, helping to steal more oil and government contracts for the US.

When were a 3rd world country and stop having the ability to buy their goods, what happens after that?

Hydrae
09-02-2011, 02:42 PM
When were a 3rd world country and stop having the ability to buy their goods, what happens after that?

Then we obviously are no longer in a position to do jack about it anyway.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Then we obviously are no longer in a position to do jack about it anyway.

Precisely my point!