PDA

View Full Version : Which direction to take?

WV
09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm in a 16 team 4 player $$ keeper league and the pickings are slim even at#2 overall. There are only three teams that didn't at least keep 2 players, most keep 4.

Here are my "best" options at the respective positions.

QB:
Big Ben
Vick (who's most likely going #1 overall)
Bradford
Flacco
E. Manning

RB:
F. Jones
M. Turner
S. Greene
M. Ingram

WR:
B. Marshall
D. Bowe
D. Bryant
M. Manningham
S. Johnson (BUF)
M. Colston (blah)

My question for you is in your opinion do I draft young for the future taking guys like Ingram, Bryant and Bradford, or try to compete more and draft guys like Big Ben, F. Jones (I like him anyway), and Marshall.

My main concern is my first 3 picks more than anything else and to get Ingram I'd probaby have to take him in my 1st in this league.

In a perfect world My Logic is this:

1. Ingram or Jones (tough call IMO)
2. RB I don't choose in 1
3. Big Ben or Best WR on the board.

Thoughts or random bashing...:D

Pestilence
09-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Who are your keepers?

WV
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm not keeping anyone.

MoreLemonPledge
09-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm not keeping anyone.

How bad was your team last year?

Sofa King
09-02-2011, 01:00 PM
You're screwed.

Pestilence
09-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm not keeping anyone.

Why?

ChiefGator
09-02-2011, 01:52 PM
That's too many damn keepers, especially with 16 teams.

sedated
09-02-2011, 05:28 PM
You're f**ked, but I'd go with either M.Turner or F.Jones in the first, then get either Dez Bryant or S.Bradford in the 2nd.

If those are your best 2 players, kiss your entry fee goodbye now.

WV
09-02-2011, 06:25 PM
How bad was your team last year?

Second to last since I have the #2 draft position.

Why?

Traded away D. Bowe once I was out of it...he was about my best player. Had a decent team the year before but got bitten by drafting potential and players leaving. ie. Moss, Moreno, Favre. So I didn't have anyone worth keeping that I wouldn't be able to draft again.

That's too many damn keepers, especially with 16 teams.

It makes it really difficult, but the salary cap we have helps some. If you hold 4 great players your strapped for cash and it's tough to build the rest of your team.

Our league is super competitive and tough to rebound once your down. That's why I'm thinking drafting young prepping for next year and play spoiler this year.

ChiefGator
09-03-2011, 02:27 AM
It makes it really difficult, but the salary cap we have helps some. If you hold 4 great players your strapped for cash and it's tough to build the rest of your team.

Our league is super competitive and tough to rebound once your down. That's why I'm thinking drafting young prepping for next year and play spoiler this year.

Yeah, that may be the best approach for you.

WV
09-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah, that may be the best approach for you.

Yeah I'm beginning to think so too....I'm all over the map though! :D

ChiefGator
09-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Dez Bryant or Mario Manningham are both young players. You could always throw back in an older keeper, and get another draft pick, couldn't you? Also, maybe go all in and try to trade for a good young player with someone who is trying to compete now?

ngoc
09-07-2011, 02:15 AM
WR:
B. Marshall
D. Bowe
D. Bryant
M. Manningham
S. Johnson (BUF)
M. Colston (blah)