PDA

View Full Version : Computers Twitter: How to get tweets from people close to you

BWillie
09-02-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm trying to learn more about twitter, and one thing that I'm sure is out there in some form is receiving tweets from people in your remote area. I'm not even talking about city, but even closer. Nothing too creepy, but say you are at a Chiefs game, you could see tweets from people within a quarter of a mile or something. Etc.

Is there anything out there like that? How do you get that set up? Interesting to know what ppl are thinking about rando shit

NewChief
09-03-2011, 06:15 AM
When I was on twitter a lot a few years back, people used hashtags. the trick was to discover the hashtag for the "event" you're wanting to follow. So for a Chiefs game, the hashtag might be #chiefs. I don't remember if there was a geographical feature like you request, though.

Bearcat
09-03-2011, 01:17 PM
You can use zip codes, so something like 'near:64129 within:1mi' would get you tweets around Arrowhead, assuming mobile Twitter picks up your location from GPS and not just the location in your profile.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/Screenshot-1-4.png