PDA

View Full Version : Electronics People with AT&T U-Verse

Stinger
09-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Talked to a rep today about getting a good deal on their TV and Internet package. Like the the idea of no contract and a decent price for what I want. But not sure about their product. Any of you have any insightful thoughts on the product, smart ass comments welcome as well (this is CP after all), to help in the decision? Thanks.

BryanBusby
09-04-2011, 10:31 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208715&highlight=U-verse

Al Bundy
09-04-2011, 10:32 AM
I have it and I really do like it. The only thing I don't like about it is I can only watch Fox Sports KC,Mo and the YES network. For some reason the other Fox sports are not included in the sports pack.

Fruit Ninja
09-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I Hate Uverse its slow. soon as this contract is up, imma go back to comcast. 6mb lines suck ass.

pr_capone
09-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I Hate Uverse its slow. soon as this contract is up, imma go back to comcast. 6mb lines suck ass.

This.

For tv programming, it is completely competitive with cable. For internet though... it does not hold a candle.

Third Eye
09-04-2011, 03:28 PM

I have uverse and I have 12mb. Used to have 18mb, but 12 was good enough.

Deberg_1990
09-04-2011, 04:49 PM
i have 6MB...works fine for me.

Discuss Thrower
09-04-2011, 04:52 PM
I have uverse and I have 12mb. Used to have 18mb, but 12 was good enough.

Paying for 12mb and have speed tested at 6 every time. Figured that was just SOP.

Third Eye
09-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Ignore this.

Third Eye
09-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Paying for 12mb and have speed tested at 6 every time. Figured that was just SOP.

I can't speak to anyone else's experience, but I never have issues with mine.

Fruit Ninja
09-04-2011, 07:16 PM
i have 6MB...works fine for me.

6 sux for when you have people in your house using WI'fi and your trying to game online. It also sux for streaming which i like to do from time to time.

Also in my town there isnt more then 6mb line around. Thats max. Ill pay a little more for comcast, but much much faster speeds.

BigRedChief
09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
there is a big thread on this in this forum.

Stinger
09-04-2011, 08:49 PM
there is a big thread on this in this forum.

Yeah but it is 2 years old. A lot of things change over 2 years. I am just trying to get a more recent outlook I guess. And also thanks to who all responded.

Fish
09-05-2011, 10:09 AM
6 sux for when you have people in your house using WI'fi and your trying to game online. It also sux for streaming which i like to do from time to time.

Also in my town there isnt more then 6mb line around. Thats max. Ill pay a little more for comcast, but much much faster speeds.

http://whitewhine.com/

Guru
09-06-2011, 05:52 AM
How the hell can you guys be having trouble streaming at 6mb? Hell, I get Netflix in HD on 3mb.

Bowser
11-17-2011, 06:57 PM
So, an ATT U-Verse rep shows up and is selling their product. They claim to offer all that Time Warner does, at faster speeds and much lower prices, so we say sure, come on out and hook us up.

The tech gets to the house, gets it all set up, only to realize that ATT hasn't ran the line to my part ofthe neighborhood yet. The tech apologizes profusely and promises to call back to make an an appointment to get the install done. This was two days ago.

We call tonight, get put on hold for 20 minutes then hung up on. We call back, are told they need to put in a new work order to complete the job to get U-Verse to our block, so hold on a minute and they'll get right back with us as they set it up. 40 minutes later, I think I'm going to call back to tell them to blow it out their ass after they come get their shit.

This is the one thing I've heard about ATT - their customer service sucks balls. Why come trying to sell us on your product if the goddamned thing isn't even ready to be installed?

Molitoth
11-17-2011, 07:06 PM
This is the one thing I've heard about ATT - their customer service sucks balls. Why come trying to sell us on your product if the goddamned thing isn't even ready to be installed?

It's been the same way with their DSL service for years.

Jawshco
11-18-2011, 01:28 AM
I have it with a pretty basic package that's mostly for my kids w/ 2 DVR's and it is cheaper than my DirectTV was, and the DVR's are better quality too, but the Wifi is sloooow!

BryanBusby
11-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Yeah, they pretty much suck balls at customer service. I lucked out and was one of the initial ones to get Uverse around here, so they had plenty of time to make sure everything went right before the left.

Fruit Ninja
11-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Uverse sucks unless you live in an era where they have 18-24mb lines. my shit taps out at 6mb and if i am watching netflix, i cant do much else. My computer gets to be slow as ****.

bevischief
11-18-2011, 08:29 AM
What do expect for service that is going over copper lines to your house?

luv
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
We just got U-verse a few weeks ago. So far, we haven't had any problems and love it. It's nice being able to set up the tv on the back deck on a beautiful night.

Baby Lee
07-10-2012, 06:14 PM

Paying for 10, getting 8.9.

Also, I complained about the installation when a tech stopped by for service interruption. Rep said if he touched my internal house wiring, he'd have to charge $55 for a service call. THEN, he turned around and told me everything I'd need to do to fix my issues and gave me all the CAT-5 and connections to do so, THEN, he gave me a D-Link N300 free [$55 at ATT.com] so I could put the Broadband/Battery b/u anywhere in the house I wanted and still get wireless to computer and all peripherals in my homegroup.

This all stemmed from ATT only offering me a self-install, so that techs were bound to hold me responsible for my pre-existing shitty home wiring, which would have been corrected had they properly offered me a tech install in the first place. But the techs seem pretty keen to work around corporate's shitty invoicing rules.