PDA

View Full Version : Obama Who are the 17% who think its working?

HonestChieffan
09-06-2011, 07:49 AM
If the O comes out as expected with a more of the same approach with some twists and spins on Thursday, he cannot help but to speed the dissatisfaction. Based on his tone on Labor day and that of his compatriots I fully expect this move to speak and try again will be a major failure.

Time will tell.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/poll-81-say-obama-economic-policies-not-working

There's a lot of terrible news for President Obama in new polls by the Washington Post-ABC News and the Wall Street Journal-NBC News. The number of Americans who say the country is on the wrong track has risen to its highest level since just before Obama took office -- into what one commentator calls the "incumbent death zone." His job approval rating is down. The number of people who disapprove of his handling of the economy is rocketing upward. And then there is this question, asked by the Post-ABC:

Do you think Obama's economic program is making the economy better, making it worse, or having no real effect?

Just 17 percent say the president's program is making the economy better, while 34 percent say Obama's program is making the economy worse and 47 percent say it is having no real effect. Combine those last two numbers, and 81 percent say the Obama economic program is not working -- a devastating number in a country in which economic concerns top all other issues in voters' minds.

As far as the traditional right-track/wrong-track question is concerned, 77 percent of those surveyed by the Post-ABC say the country is on the wrong track, while just 20 percent say it is on the right track. The last time that number was so high in the Post-ABC poll was January 16, 2009, on the eve of Obama's inauguration, when 78 percent of those surveyed said the country was on the wrong track. If Obama does not reverse the trend in the wrong-track number, it could approach the levels it reached in the last months of the George W. Bush administration, when it topped 80 percent.

As for opinion on how Obama is handling the economy, 62 percent disapprove of his job performance on economic issues in the new Post-ABC poll, while just 36 percent approve. In the Journal-NBC poll, those numbers are 59 percent disapproval versus 37 percent approval. Finally, on the question of general job approval, Obama is down to 43 percent approval in the Post-ABC poll and 44 percent in the Journal-NBC poll. His disapproval ratings are 53 percent and 51 percent, respectively.

All that adds up to a president in major trouble as he faces re-election next year.

HonestChieffan
09-06-2011, 08:05 AM
http://detnews.com/article/20110905/OPINION01/109050306/Editorial--Mr.-President--we-need-jobs#ixzz1XAsoyzOW

This has to hurt. Right there in good old Detroit the DFP calls him out.

Chiefshrink
09-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Jenson71, orange, dirk digler, Dave Lane, Frankie, whoman69 ect.....

TEX
09-06-2011, 10:09 AM

LMAO

patteeu
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM

|Zach| seems pretty positive too, especially for someone who says he voted against the guy the first time around.

ROYC75
09-06-2011, 10:39 AM
|Zach| seems pretty positive too, especially for someone who says he voted against the guy the first time around.

:LOL:

Chiefshrink
09-06-2011, 03:02 PM

Damn it, I forgot Zach!! Thx for having my back patt:thumb:

Chocolate Hog
09-06-2011, 03:17 PM

Coulda sworn you would have put me in that list.

Stewie
09-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Why would anyone be surprised that hardcore democrats know nothing about finances or the economy? Obama sure doesn't. He's a puppet on a string controlled by the people he appointed.

HonestChieffan
09-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Why would anyone be surprised that hardcore democrats know nothing about finances or the economy? Obama sure doesn't. He's a puppet on a string controlled by the people he appointed.

He was selected before he was elected.....Minister Farakan

patteeu
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Coulda sworn you would have put me in that list.

Do you belong on that list? I don't think of you as pro-Obama, even if your support for a fringe candidate will benefit him.

whoman69
09-06-2011, 05:05 PM
It doesn't really matter what the President's programs are if they are never enacted. Please enlighten us and tell us what he has been able to put in place. Republicans are playing a dangerous game. They claim to be patriots and yet are gambling that if they can block anything that might have been able to get the country out of the hole they put us in originally, they might be given another chance. I don't think that if Republicans take over the White House and the Senate that you will see Democrats voting in a block against everything everything the President puts forward and fillibustering 80% of legislation.

HonestChieffan
09-06-2011, 05:07 PM
It doesn't really matter what the President's programs are if they are never enacted. Please enlighten us and tell us what he has been able to put in place. Republicans are playing a dangerous game. They claim to be patriots and yet are gambling that if they can block anything that might have been able to get the country out of the hole they put us in originally, they might be given another chance. I don't think that if Republicans take over the White House and the Senate that you will see Democrats voting in a block against everything everything the President puts forward and fillibustering 80% of legislation.

everything he wanted for two years.

ObamaCare
Failed Stimulus

Thats just a couple.

Now, care to explain what he asked for and did not get?

patteeu
09-06-2011, 05:20 PM

Are you serious?

1) Obama enacted a stimulus program during his first year in office that his economic team promised would keep the unemployment rate from topping 8%. Instead, it soared well above the 9% that they said we could have expected without it. It's been an overwhelming failure.

2) Obama enacted a major healthcare reform law that he said would bring down the deficit. The law has yet to really bite, but no serious commentator believes it will bring down the deficit and most believe it will do the opposite.

After failures like this, no responsible politician should vote to allow our current POTUS to do anything related to our economy without adult supervision and oversight ever again.

HonestChieffan
09-06-2011, 05:24 PM
He closed Gitmo, ended the war, restored the economy, got rid of the patriot act.....I mean come on, the guy has been smokin

patteeu
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
He closed Gitmo, ended the war, restored the economy, got rid of the patriot act.....I mean come on, the guy has been smokin

Yeah. To be fair to him, he did propose a deficit exploding budget that was unanimously rejected by both parties in Congress. I guess if they had passed that budget, all of our economic problems would have been solved. Right whoman69?

HonestChieffan
09-06-2011, 06:30 PM
He brought us together. The country is united. America first. Why cant people see the successes of Obama?

Bill Parcells
09-06-2011, 06:34 PM

ROFL