PDA

View Full Version : Computers FireFox Version 6

listopencil
09-08-2011, 10:19 PM
I "upgraded" to six (now 6.01 I believe) and my browser hasn't been anywhere near as responsive as it was. It will even bog down my PC while I am doing other stuff. Anyone else having this problem?

listopencil
09-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Now using 6.02- I forgot I had updated very recently. The problems have been there since I installed six though.

DaFace
09-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Obligatory "install Chrome" response.

Aside from that, I do use FF from time to time and haven't had any issues. Maybe try disabling your add-ons in case one of them isn't cooperating with the new version. :shrug:

listopencil
09-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I just now disabled everything that I don't use each time I go on the internet.

Buck
09-09-2011, 03:58 AM
I think I'm still on 3. 4 gave me a lot of problems and I haven't upgraded.

listopencil
09-09-2011, 04:00 AM
I have brought it back down to bare bones and it seems to be working a bit better. Still "lagging" occasionally.

keg in kc
09-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Generally when I used to have problems in the past, clearing the cache and/or history fixed it (history > clear recent history > pick whatever you want to wipe). I'd also experiment with the hardware acceleration (options > advanced > general > use hardware acceleration when available).

It's almost always something inane and simple that I'd kick myself for not thinking of first.

Saulbadguy
09-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Why does Firefox insist on releasing a new version so often now? I just got a 7.0 beta update.

DaFace
09-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Why does Firefox insist on releasing a new version so often now? I just got a 7.0 beta update.

Chrome envy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pushead2
09-09-2011, 09:38 AM
my 7.0 works fine.

Valiant
09-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah I still have it installed for some reason. It just is so slow now compared to chrome.. with them always releasing versions you think they could get back to a fast one.

loochy
09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
If chrome would let me use NoScript and AdBlock I'd use it.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Don't know why Mozilla is working on anything but the speed and memory issues.

memory bloat and leakage(especially with flash)
overall responsiveness and speed

the only things that should matter for them right now

Crush
09-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Firefox 6 was quite possibly the worst browser ever released. Firefox 7 Beta is a welcome relief and it seems that they have finally fixed the memory leak issues.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2011, 01:06 PM
oh and now Firefox doesn't work with Youtube if you have your cookies restricted.

I have youtube.com cookies enabled on my cookies exception list but now youtube is embedding cookies into their videos. You get an error message when trying to watch youtube videos unless you completely allow all cookies.

chrome works with youtube even though i have cookies set up the same way

Crush
09-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Obligatory "install Chrome" response.

Aside from that, I do use FF from time to time and haven't had any issues. Maybe try disabling your add-ons in case one of them isn't cooperating with the new version. :shrug:

Until NoScript becomes available for Chrome, I will always use FF.

Crush
09-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Listopencil, I highly suggest you download the Firefox 7 Beta or switch to Chrome. Under no circumstances, should you try browsing with the buggy POS "I'll crash just to crash" Firefox 6.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2011, 01:13 PM
oh and now Firefox doesn't work with Youtube if you have your cookies restricted.

I have youtube.com cookies enabled on my cookies exception list but now youtube is embedding cookies into their videos. You get an error message when trying to watch youtube videos unless you completely allow all cookies.

chrome works with youtube even though i have cookies set up the same way
btw this weird cookie youtube error still happens in FF 7.

Stewie
09-09-2011, 01:38 PM
I've been using FF6 since it came out and now run 6.0.2. I've had no problems at all. I only run a couple of add-ons so maybe there's one that others are using that are causing the problems. I do have a newish computer that's fast with lots of memory, so maybe that helps.

KC-TBB
09-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Have had great luck with Chrome, Firefox and my computer didn't get along.

DaFace
09-09-2011, 02:47 PM
If chrome would let me use NoScript and AdBlock I'd use it.

Until NoScript becomes available for Chrome, I will always use FF.

:shrug:

AdBlock
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

NotScripts (which is CLOSE to NoScript, though admittedly not exactly the same)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/odjhifogjcknibkahlpidmdajjpkkcfn

Crush
09-09-2011, 04:57 PM
:shrug:

AdBlock
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

NotScripts (which is CLOSE to NoScript, though admittedly not exactly the same)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/odjhifogjcknibkahlpidmdajjpkkcfn

Interesting. However, I must say that Firefox 7 Beta is impressing the hell out of me in terms of performance and memory usage.