PDA

View Full Version : Media RON PAUL SLAMS BILL O'REILLY! "He's Not REALLY A Journalist" COMEDY GOLD!

KILLER_CLOWN
09-09-2011, 12:39 AM
<script language="javascript">var VideoID = "16162"; var Width = 425; var Height = 344;</script><script src="http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/hdplayer/rt.php" language="javascript"></script>

http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=16162

Chocolate Hog
09-09-2011, 12:44 AM
ROFL

wazu
09-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Ron Paul has lost his cool. Gone full pit-bull and it doesn't work for him at all as it just makes him always look flustered and angry. Going to hurt if I end up voting for somebody else in the primary this time.

Chocolate Hog
09-09-2011, 12:50 AM
I wouldn't say lost his cool but he's been more defensive. That's a good thing look at all the bullshit they've said about him.

BigMeatballDave
09-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Not working for mobile. Shit.

Taco John
09-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Ron Paul has lost his cool. Gone full pit-bull and it doesn't work for him at all as it just makes him always look flustered and angry. Going to hurt if I end up voting for somebody else in the primary this time.

There's always Romney or Perry. Those guys look pretty when they're flustered and angry.

Jenson71
09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
I don't think Paul looked bad there, in terms of composure and attack. And he's essentially right: O'Reilly's show is about O'Reilly first, topics second. He's not a journalist.

Amnorix
09-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I don't think Paul looked bad there, in terms of composure and attack. And he's essentially right: O'Reilly's show is about O'Reilly first, topics second. He's not a journalist.

That's about right. Over the last 10-20 years, starting with, I guess, Rush Limbaugh, we've started to see the development of Cults of Personality from radio and TV show hosts overtly trying to influence public opinion etc. There's no real pretense of journalism.

ChiTown
09-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Ron Paul, is at times, a loon. I like a lot of his message, but some of his thoughts are just, JFC wow!

BucEyedPea
09-09-2011, 10:37 AM

So he defends himself and that's your reason for not voting for him? I wouldn't say he looked flustered and angry at all. Why should he allow the real pit-bull O'Reilly to shout him down so he can't get a word in edgewise like O'Reilly did to him in the last primary—then label him a pin-head. Really, Paul's a gentleman not an out of control foaming at the mouth 8 year old. No one needs that. This reporter here acts like a smarmy covertly hostile type with that foolish grin on his face while he puts Ron down. And you're criticizing Paul?

By all means, then, vote for another Demopublican, more govt and another war if you want someone who's "cool."

BucEyedPea
09-09-2011, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't say lost his cool but he's been more defensive. That's a good thing look at all the bullshit they've said about him.

Yeah, but dontcha know he's supposed to lie down and take it like a wimp while the foaming at the mouth shouting mad-man beats him on on the air.

wazu
09-09-2011, 11:14 AM
So he defends himself and that's your reason for not voting for him? I wouldn't say he looked flustered and angry at all. Why should he allow the real pit-bull O'Reilly to shout him down so he can't get a word in edgewise like O'Reilly did to him in the last primary—then label him a pin-head. Really, Paul's a gentleman not an out of control foaming at the mouth 8 year old. No one needs that. This reporter here acts like a smarmy covertly hostile type with that foolish grin on his face while he puts Ron down. And you're criticizing Paul?

By all means, then, vote for another Demopublican, more govt and another war if you want someone who's "cool."

I was honestly more bothered by Ron Paul's debate performance than this interview. Seems like I remember him being more cool and friendly in 2008. He came across as much more confident and comfortable in defending conservative principles.

I'll probably vote for Ron Paul just on principle, but the way he is acting now it seems to me his demeanor will make him unelectable, rather than his ideals.

BucEyedPea
09-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I was honestly more bothered by Ron Paul's debate performance than this interview. Seems like I remember him being more cool and friendly in 2008. He came across as much more confident and comfortable in defending conservative principles.
Okay! I can see that. He does get flustered and he does come across as unpresidential. One complaint on his last primary campaign was that he didn't act like he wanted to win. I think that has some truth. This time it's different so there's more at stake. Perhaps, that makes him more nervous. I think someone needs to help him on looking more presidential and having more composure in such situations.

I'll probably vote for Ron Paul just on principle, but the way he is acting now it seems to me his demeanor will make him unelectable, rather than his ideals.
I don't think some of these venues, particularly the debates, are not the right medium for Paul's message anyway. Plus, they expose this weakness of him looking more flustered and less presidential than he appears in other mediums. I mean it allows those who want to marginalize him too much opportunity to fluster him or ask the wrong questions—the questions more people have on their minds.

I will post what I posted yesterday on another board, from Lew's blog section which I think is a good idea:

Forget the 'Debates'

Writes Dom Armentano:

"This is a crucial time in the Ron Paul candidacy. The MSM and the so-called debates are marginalizing Ron's message. Non-interventionism in the economy and in foreign affairs cannot be explained convincingly in debates with statists or in a 20 second sound-bite response to some idiot from NBC. In my view Ron must go AROUND the MSM/debate format and speak directly to the American people. He needs a "game changer" and this could be it.

"My suggestion: Ron should buy time (say 15 minutes) on a national tv network and deliver a major foreign policy address. This would allow him to logically lay out his (our) non-interventionist position and call for an end to all foreign wars. After all, this is the one issue that distinguishes Ron from the other Republicans and, obviously, from the White House. Moreover, the public is entirely fed up with the wars and will (in my view) support a candidate who makes a solid moral and economic case for "bringing the troops home." I am aware that Ron has repeatedly made the argument I suggest; BUT it has been made in regional campaign speeches (this is a national issue with strong Independent support) or in these idiot debates where the message is fractured or ridiculed. Right message but wrong forum or medium. This can be corrected with a nationally televised talk."

This and/or an infomercial type promotion. Informercials are highly effective on something that needs more information or where the buyer can be educated more about the product. They can be made entertaining too. Along with visual demonstrations. They sell! I'd add, having people handing out these DVDs ( http://ronpaulfilm.com/) but then you don't know if enough people will look at them. I wouldn't omit them though because some will and some who will may not see tv. Just so long as it gets around the soundbite thing and moderators controlling what to ask him.

BigChiefFan
09-09-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4XuhUmkN0&feature=related
O'Reilly questioning lunacy?? Haha. Sure thing, Billy Boy.

SNR
09-09-2011, 12:00 PM

I'll probably vote for Ron Paul just on principle, but the way he is acting now it seems to me his demeanor will make him unelectable, rather than his ideals.Knowing the way this country works, he's probably viewed more favorably now that he's turned into a bulldog.

BucEyedPea
09-09-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4XuhUmkN0&feature=related
O'Reilly questioning lunacy?? Haha. Sure thing, Billy Boy.

LMAO And his fans talk about Obama needing a teleprompter! :hmmm:
Did you see how he snorted out of his nose in the first frames?
This man has tourettes syndrome.

Dave Lane
09-09-2011, 12:13 PM

Ron Paul = Ross Perot. I loved Perot in the the 90s but I grew older and wiser and realized a kook when I see one.

Hi Ron!

KILLER_CLOWN
09-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Ron Paul = Ross Perot. I loved Perot in the the 90s but I grew older and wiser and realized a kook when I see one.

Hi Ron!

Yes you've gathered so much wisdom since then. :hmmm:

BigChiefFan
09-09-2011, 12:18 PM
LMAO And his fans talk about Obama needing a teleprompter! :hmmm:
Did you see how he snorted out of his nose in the first frames?
This man has tourettes syndrome.

If you liked that, check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbBv8Y-6Wds&feature=related

Hilarity ensues because his a big bag of hot air. I can't believe anybody actually follows this guy as if he's knowledgeable. He's a disgrace.

BucEyedPea
09-09-2011, 12:21 PM
If you liked that, check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbBv8Y-6Wds&feature=related

Hilarity ensues because his a big bag of hot air. I can't believe anybody actually follows this guy as if he's knowledgeable. He's a disgrace.

Looks like the same one with some more frames, earlier ones and/or different ones cut.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZbBv8Y-6Wds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BucEyedPea
09-09-2011, 12:22 PM
More of the same: This is what I picture those calling others crazy get when they use that insult.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZbBv8Y-6Wds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jaric
09-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Knowing the way this country works, he's probably viewed more favorably now that he's turned into a bulldog.

You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Which is probably why we are in the mess we're in right now.

BucEyedPea
09-09-2011, 12:48 PM
You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Which is probably why we are in the mess we're in right now.

It's been proven in PR that the public follows the line of attack. Unfortunately, it works.

ChiTown
09-09-2011, 01:23 PM
There is a tremendous amount of Ron Paul butt-hurt in this thread.

BucEyedPea
09-09-2011, 01:28 PM

There is? Sounds like pure opinion or butt-hurt over making fun of Bill. We defend our stands in a debate forum and you label that butt-hurt. LOL! Go look at the butt hurt in the AP poll showing how Paul is viewed favorably as opposed to "crazy." Or how unhinged Michele Malkin has become when new polling has shown more Americans think our policies in the ME are a factor in creating terrorism. No one is reacting any differentally than when Bush was being critizcize or the butt-hurt over Obama winning the last election.

But Bill O'Reilly is great for laughs especially when his teleprompter doesn't work.

Chocolate Hog
09-09-2011, 02:17 PM

Hi Ron!

Ross Perot would have been a fine president. He spoke out against the biggest job killer this nation has ever seen.

JohnnyV13
09-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Ron Paul's biggest problem as a candidate is his whiny voice.

It makes him sound weak and ineffectual. Unfortunately, its hard to fix one's speaking voice. With independents, and people who only vote for surface characteristics, Paul is going to have a hard time winning them over.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-09-2011, 03:25 PM

The Butt-hurt master speaketh, hows that tin foil hat fit ya?
:drool:

BucEyedPea
09-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, its hard to fix one's speaking voice. With independents, and people who only vote for surface characteristics, Paul is going to have a hard time winning them over.

Nope, polls show Paul carries Independents more now.

mikey23545
09-09-2011, 11:38 PM
That's about right. Over the last 10-20 years, starting with, I guess, Rush Limbaugh, we've started to see the development of Cults of Personality from radio and TV show hosts overtly trying to influence public opinion etc. There's no real pretense of journalism.

An Obama-boy has the balls to say someone else has a "cult of personality" going on?...LMAO

mikey23545
09-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, Paul isn't really a presidential candidate but no one calls him out on it...He really should be more tolerant...

KILLER_CLOWN
09-10-2011, 12:04 AM
O'Reilly used to have skills.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4OLJthRj6Q?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4OLJthRj6Q?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>