View Full Version : Who won this trade?

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Eli Manning and Reggie Wayne

For

Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Not that it matters.....but I'm the team getting Cutler and Marshall. My team now looks like this.

QB - Ben Roethlisberger, Jay Cutler
RB - Jamaal Charles, Felix Jones, Deangelo Williams, Stevan Ridley, Marion Barber
WR - Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Sidney Rice, Lance Moore, Mohamed Massaquoi, Jacoby Ford
TE - Vernon Davis, Lance Kendricks
K - Rob Bironas
DEF - Saints DEF

Skyy God
09-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Who's better this year, Marshall or Miles Austin?

Sofa King
09-09-2011, 09:07 AM
I'd take Wayne and Manning.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Ehhh....Eli Manning and Cutler are pretty much the same QB. Decent TDs....a lot of INTs. I think Marshall is an upgrade over Wayne now that Peyton is out for a while.

The only reason this trade went down is because the other team had Peyton Manning.....plus he has Mario Manningham on his roster.

The Bad Guy
09-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I think people need to wait and see what happens with Reggie Wayne. Trades like this always bit me in the ass.

I watched a breakdown of Eli last year and his receivers were responsible for 13 INTs with dropped passes, wrong routes or some other stupid play.

Kerry Collins has a big arm. Wayne is as reliable of a receiver as there is. I'd wait and see, but what's done is done.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Ehhh....Eli Manning and Cutler are pretty much the same QB. Decent TDs....a lot of INTs. I think Marshall is an upgrade over Wayne now that Peyton is out for a while.

The only reason this trade went down is because the other team had Peyton Manning.....plus he has Mario Manningham on his roster.

I don't know. 38y/o Kerry Collins > Chad Henne.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Ehhh....Miami is going to be down a lot. I usually don't make trades before the season starts but I never really wanted Eli on my team in the first place. I was putting my pick in at the last second and it fucking autopicked Manning for me.

The Bad Guy
09-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Ehhh....Miami is going to be down a lot. I usually don't make trades before the season starts but I never really wanted Eli on my team in the first place. I was putting my pick in at the last second and it ****ing autopicked Manning for me.

He still threw 31 TDs. The Giants D has been crushed in the secondary so I think they trail a lot this year too.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Valid points. I basically consider it a wash.

Skyy God
09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Ehhh....Miami is going to be down a lot.

Sure, but I don't see their offense staying on the field a ton. If Bush/Thomas aren't the worst RBs in the league, they're pretty close.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Sure, but I don't see their offense staying on the field a ton. If Bush/Thomas aren't the worst RBs in the league, they're pretty close.

They signed Larry Johnson though. :D

The Bad Guy
09-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Valid points. I basically consider it a wash.

As long as your comfortable with it.

I'm really tempted right now to offer LeGarrette Blount and Wayne to get Fitzgerald and James Starks since I love Fitz this year, but I'm fighting the urge because I think Wayne still catches 80 passes this year.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 09:28 AM
As long as your comfortable with it.

I'm really tempted right now to offer LeGarrette Blount and Wayne to get Fitzgerald and James Starks since I love Fitz this year, but I'm fighting the urge because I think Wayne still catches 80 passes this year.

If he'll accept it.....I'd take it.

Depending on your RB situation though.

Predarat
09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
The trade at first look is a wash, but with him having P. Manning, it probably improved his team more then it improved yours.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
The trade at first look is a wash, but with him having P. Manning, it probably improved his team more then it improved yours.

Yeah.....IF he comes back.

Predarat
09-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah.....IF he comes back.

Cutler is a solid backup, but E. Manning is a legit low end starter, I assumed P. Manning is out for the year when I said that.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Cutler is a solid backup, but E. Manning is a legit low end starter, I assumed P. Manning is out for the year when I said that.

Understood.

I'll be rolling with Big Ben all season long (as long as he stops raping bitches)....so I'm not to worried about having a low end starter as my backup.

The Bad Guy
09-09-2011, 09:56 AM
If he'll accept it.....I'd take it.

Depending on your RB situation though.

I have Hightower, Beanie, Felix and Blount.

The kid started Pierre Thomas last night.

He doesn't have Starks though. He has Daniel Thomas, Tomlinson and a whole pile of nothing.

No way I can trade Wayne and a RB just for Fitz.

Rain Man
09-09-2011, 10:03 AM
I'd rather have Wayne and Eliway.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 10:14 AM
What are your other WRs?

Sofa King
09-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Miami's QB's suck so bad. Pretty much makes all their players trash.

Collins isn't a bad QB. He will get the ball to Wayne.

Cutler and Manning are pretty much equal. lots of TD's and lots of picks.

You should have gotten Manningham. Dude's gonna have a beast of a year.

The Franchise
09-09-2011, 10:29 AM
He wasnt giving up Manningham.

Rausch
09-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Eli is a fantasy nightmare and Collins is a great b/u but he's like 42.

I don't blame you...

Sofa King
09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
He wasnt giving up Manningham.

Bastard!