PDA

View Full Version : Football Burress sounds like he was humbled in prison

Zeke
09-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Not.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6947235/plaxico-burress-rips-new-york-giants-reflects-prison-lesson

:(

Bewbies
09-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Is humbled code for butt-raped? I don't want to read about that....

lcarus
09-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Who cares, he's probably right. Coughlin is an asshole. The dude didn't hurt anybody or anything. He just made a truly idiotic mistake.

durtyrute
09-09-2011, 09:40 AM

That's the first thing I thought too. I was LMAO when i saw the title.

Zeke
09-09-2011, 09:42 AM
That's the first thing I thought too. I was LMAO when i saw the title.

Apparently the 23-hour daily lockdown he "endured" kept him out of those showers.

lcarus
If anyone was doin the butt-rapin, I would guess it was probably Burress.

rageeumr

That's how the Iron Sheik would humble him.

Demonpenz
09-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Burruss probably spiked the soap too early

Hydrae
09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Wow, he comes across as a self-centered idiot in that article. Sounds like he still has some growing up to do IMO.

DMAC
09-09-2011, 09:52 AM
If anyone was doin the butt-rapin, I would guess it was probably Burress.

Did he butt rape you, and take your shirt?

lcarus
09-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Did he butt rape you, and take your shirt?

Nah but at least if he did, I would have an explanation for the disappearance of the shirt. That would bring me some comfort...along with all the discomfort of the....sodomy.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2011, 10:14 AM
"I'm like, forget support -- how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg. And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, 'I'm glad you didn't kill anybody!' Man, we're paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn't realize that we're grown men and actually have kids of our own."

Don't act like a kid and you'll be treated like a grown man.

Rausch
09-09-2011, 10:15 AM
I don't read this and think "gosh, he's matured."

Demonpenz
09-09-2011, 10:16 AM

YEAH DON'T CARRY A GUN FOR PROTECTION. THATS WHAT KIDS DOOoOO

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2011, 10:18 AM

Concealed, without a license. Reckless and irresponsible.

lcarus
09-09-2011, 10:19 AM
If the dude wanted to carry a gun for protection, I totally get that. He just had the right to legally carry one and learn how to not fire it in his hip pocket.

Demonpenz
09-09-2011, 10:20 AM

I don't have the stats on me but more MEN over the age of 18 carry guns more than Kids. Period. The act of carrying a gun is what a MAN does. Right to bear arms.

Brock
09-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Oh no, he isn't pretending to be a reformed person like Mike Vick did.

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't have the stats on me but more MEN over the age of 18 carry guns more than Kids. Period. The act of carrying a gun is what a MAN does. Right to bear arms.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTQPQtSczsHWNP2xdkn-CE0bQB--PC-_mjX9xWl85KBnQSp7pzbA

Demonpenz
09-09-2011, 10:25 AM
more people should carry guns, look what happened on September 11th. Probably wouldn't have happened if plaxico was there.

Demonpenz
09-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Plaxico is a american hero in my book, just because he had an accident doesn't mean he is a bad person. he is out there like an trooper, carrying a gun, being awesome, and fighting for Devestation. He is also sticking his neck out.

Demonpenz
09-09-2011, 10:27 AM
I once saw plaxico kick the shit out of this guy who was at topsys to get a diet coke. He was like. Get the hell out of here with this shit. We want some tasty fucking cinni popcorn and you made us wait for it. With your dumbass clown diet coke face.

Rausch
09-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Oh no, he isn't pretending to be a reformed person like Mike Vick did.

Relax.

1st 1,100 yard and 10+TD season he has and all will be forgotten...

durtyrute
09-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Probably started like this

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqm4mgjNoI1qihq0ko1_500.gif

Then this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2hHHhHxORvc/TWmY8uVZNSI/AAAAAAAAAK4/BE5ED6k3QT0/s1600/3E9.png

Then this

http://www.spikednation.com/sites/default/files/emvideo-youtube-k-hXdXhswrI.jpg

Then ended like this

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0018/72/00/720027C279422859B09F0A_Large.jpg

DaKCMan AP
09-09-2011, 10:41 AM
more people should carry guns, look what happened on September 11th. Probably wouldn't have happened if plaxico was there.

The day Plaxico saved Sept 11

Deberg_1990
09-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Burress is one of those guys ive always felt that the punishment did not fit the crime. He was an abolute dumbass, but he didnt intend or do any harm to anyone but himself.

If you read the whole thing, he does sound humbled, he gave talks at rookie symposiums and says hes more focused on family now instead of the clubs.

I wish the Chiefs would have taken a chance on him.

Oh, and it was pretty messed up that Eli never reached out to him in prison. Eli sounds like a D-bag

Chiefnj2
09-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't think we learned anything new in the article. Prison sucks. Coughlin is a hard nosed dick and a Manning is a dick.

thurman merman
09-09-2011, 11:28 AM
If you read the whole thing, he does sound humbled

No, he doesn't. He sounds like a child blaming everyone for his own problems. He hasn't taken any responsibility for his own actions. Nowhere in the article does he indicate any hint of remorse or humility. Whining about Coughlin and Manning not coddling him is something he should be doing in private, not in an interview for the whole world to see.

Demonpenz
09-09-2011, 11:32 AM
The day Plaxico saved Sept 11

talk about a long bomb

Bump
09-09-2011, 12:14 PM
I would imagine prison would change just about any man to a certain extent.

Setsuna
09-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Well honestly he's a Jet now. Those players can say whatever they want because their coach says whatever he wants. Perfect fit.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2011, 01:59 PM
No, he doesn't. He sounds like a child blaming everyone for his own problems. He hasn't taken any responsibility for his own actions. Nowhere in the article does he indicate any hint of remorse or humility. Whining about Coughlin and Manning not coddling him is something he should be doing in private, not in an interview for the whole world to see.

In prison, though, Burress started to realize that he wasn't just a victim, that he had chosen to take the gun into the club and "changed my life." He knew he had to do things differently.

"I was an edge-goer at times, running the streets and living life and not spending time with my family," he told the magazine. "Or taking risks and not thinking about the consequences, which gave them the chance to take me down."

"For me, there just comes a time when you want to get things off your chest and you just speak about it at that time and put it behind you," said Burress, adding that he was "just being honest." "I met with everybody over there (with the Giants) and I think everything went well. We had some good conversations, closure on the situation that happened with me, and everybody over there at that time. And I thought that everything was as good as it probably could have went."

Beyond the field, Burress has tried to turn a negative situation into a positive, speaking at this year's rookie symposium.

"I told them, 10 years ago I was sitting where you're at and not trying to hear this sh--," Burress said, according to Men's Journal. "But I threw away $12 million these last two years, and half of you will never even see that. I made a choice and lost everything: my contract, my Nike deal, and the birth of my daughter. That ain't some dude talking; it actually happened."

Chiefs Pantalones
09-09-2011, 05:14 PM
"I'm just another gun-toting, famous black athlete."

Yes you are.

thurman merman
09-09-2011, 07:18 PM
In prison, though, Burress started to realize that he wasn't just a victim, that he had chosen to take the gun into the club and "changed my life." He knew he had to do things differently.

"I was an edge-goer at times, running the streets and living life and not spending time with my family," he told the magazine. "Or taking risks and not thinking about the consequences, which gave them the chance to take me down."

"For me, there just comes a time when you want to get things off your chest and you just speak about it at that time and put it behind you," said Burress, adding that he was "just being honest." "I met with everybody over there (with the Giants) and I think everything went well. We had some good conversations, closure on the situation that happened with me, and everybody over there at that time. And I thought that everything was as good as it probably could have went."

Beyond the field, Burress has tried to turn a negative situation into a positive, speaking at this year's rookie symposium.

"I told them, 10 years ago I was sitting where you're at and not trying to hear this sh--," Burress said, according to Men's Journal. "But I threw away $12 million these last two years, and half of you will never even see that. I made a choice and lost everything: my contract, my Nike deal, and the birth of my daughter. That ain't some dude talking; it actually happened."

So he said prison changed his life, and told other guys not to go to prison. I'm still not seeing any hint of responsibility or remorse in any of those quotes. There's way more whining than anything else in the interview.

Psyko Tek
09-09-2011, 10:59 PM

yes loved that part
YOU fucked up
YOU pay for it

Psyko Tek
09-09-2011, 11:00 PM

do you take it to a bar and shoot yourself?
if you do not know how to respect a weapon, do not carry a weapon

Psyko Tek
09-09-2011, 11:01 PM

you're trolling ain't ya?

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Who cares, he's probably right. Coughlin is an asshole. The dude didn't hurt anybody or anything. He just made a truly idiotic mistake.
Sorry, but that's more than just a dumbass mistake.
I really can't believe that this guy would have anything to say about how someone reacted to what he did.
It was BEYOND stupid.

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Funny how he refers to how Morris or Ryan would have handled the situation.
How many SB rings do they have again?

seamonster
09-10-2011, 09:47 AM

Burress has always been some what of a fruit cake but the Sean Taylor home invasion murder put players on tilt, and I couldn't blame a dude for wanting to seek out some form of self defense other than untrustworthy meat-neck body guards.

big cahones
09-10-2011, 09:49 AM
somebody humbled burress by shooting him in the ass with their "gun"

DaKCMan AP
09-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Burress has always been some what of a fruit cake but the Sean Taylor home invasion murder put players on tilt, and I couldn't blame a dude for wanting to seek out some form of self defense other than untrustworthy meat-neck body guards.

Then go and get a concealed license.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Then go and get a concealed license.

He bought the gun in Florida when he lived there. Everything was legal. He was traded and moves to NJ. He goes to NY for the night with the gun = automatic violation. There is no way he could have been legal unless he was a NY resident. NYC won't allow non-residents to carry.

Backwards Masking
09-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Burress is one of those guys ive always felt that the punishment did not fit the crime. He was an abolute dumbass, but he didnt intend or do any harm to anyone but himself.

Oh, and it was pretty messed up that Eli never reached out to him in prison. Eli sounds like a D-bag

How could you say the punishment was too harsh? It's not like Goodell is unfair and gave a 2 game suspension to a Repeat Rapist right after giving Plax a whole year for shooting himself in the foot. Oh wait...

ILChief
09-10-2011, 02:09 PM
He got humbled Iron Shiek style

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Plax and I went to the same military school. It amuses me that he can't handle a gun.

It was also bullshit that he went to jail.

driver2
09-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Too stupid to learn. What do you expect from someone who shoots himself with his own gun.
Hope he enjoyed his nights locked in that cage with BUBBA the big bad assed biker from OAKLAND.LMAO

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 04:11 PM

So if a Banker is the victim of a home invasion, then all bankers should carry pistols into clubs?

He carried a gun because he's a punk ass wannabe thug.
He has/had enough money to afford a body guard that he can trust if he feels so vulnerable. There is absolutely no reason to be carrying a gun into any public establishment.
It's an irresponsible hood rat thing to do.

beach tribe
09-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Plax and I went to the same military school. It amuses me that he can't handle a gun.

It was also bullshit that he went to jail.

No it's not BS. If I carried a gun into a public establishment, and popped a round off, guess where I'd be.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2011, 05:00 PM
So if a Banker is the victim of a home invasion, then all bankers should carry pistols into clubs?

He carried a gun because he's a punk ass wannabe thug.
He has/had enough money to afford a body guard that he can trust if he feels so vulnerable. There is absolutely no reason to be carrying a gun into any public establishment.
It's an irresponsible hood rat thing to do.

What does this mean? I know guys who carry guns and are not thugs. Stereotype much?