PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Gone Vegan.... it ain't been all peaches & cream

Ugly Duck
09-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey you vegan Planeteers - how did you do it? Its not as easy as it sounds. I know - I won't have clogged arteries or colon cancer or heart disease & I'll live longer. But its not easy to cook without oil or cheese or eggs or meat or milk. You pull those out of your favorite recipes & there ain't much left. Whats left over is pretty tasteless unless you throw piles of herbs at it. So everything tastes like a pile of herbs. Is there a science to this that I'm not aware of? Don't you ever miss saying stuff like, "Thats a f'ing good milkshake. Don't know if its worth $5, but its a f'ing good milkshake!"?

KurtCobain
09-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I just had a great beefshake.

SNR
09-10-2011, 02:13 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HTB7k1tVujA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ugly Duck
09-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Oh yeah.... lentils make you fart & your ass gets sore cuz you crap so much. Other than that - going vegan is really cool in a South Park hybrid kinda way....

ClevelandBronco
09-10-2011, 02:14 PM
If any part of this decision is because you want to extend your life, please reconsider.

pr_capone
09-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey you vegan Planeteers - how did you do it? Its not as easy as it sounds. I know - I won't have clogged arteries or colon cancer or heart disease & I'll live longer. But its not easy to cook without oil or cheese or eggs or meat or milk. You pull those out of your favorite recipes & there ain't much left. Whats left over is pretty tasteless unless you throw piles of herbs at it. So everything tastes like a pile of herbs. Is there a science to this that I'm not aware of? Don't you ever miss saying stuff like, "Thats a f'ing good milkshake. Don't know if its worth $5, but its a f'ing good milkshake!"?

*bullshit*

http://www.emaxhealth.com/1020/vegan-lifestyle-can-increase-risk-heart-disease

SNR
09-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Duck, did you know that it's possible to consume oils and animal products AND eat healthy without being a miserable wretched wreck of a vegan?

I suggest you investigate

Fritz88
09-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Eat whatever you want but work out. Fuck going vegan, it is against the nature of mankind. The only good it has is decent pooping.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
09-10-2011, 02:21 PM
vegans are pitiful

cdcox
09-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Duck, did you know that it's possible to consume oils and animal products AND eat healthy without being a miserable wretched wreck of a vegan?

I suggest you investigate

This. Those predator eyes on the front of your head mean you're supposed to eat meat. That grey matter sloggin around your noggin needs to be fed plenty of protein too.

Ugly Duck
09-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Duck, did you know that it's possible to consume oils and animal products AND eat healthy without being a miserable wretched wreck of a vegan? I suggest you investigate

You think you're so tough - I'd like to see you walk down the streets of San Francisco talking like that! It... just... isn't... done

I gotta go to work now, but I just know that all the vegan Planeteers will fill my inbox with delicious recipies & words of compassionate encouragement while I'm gone...

Brock
09-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't want to live in that world.

notorious
09-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I suggest eating steak with those greens.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Is it wrong that I giggle when a vegan gets hit by a truck and dies?

notorious
09-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I just had a great beefshake.

Wow.

ROFL

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:D

I have a sick fucking mind.

Fritz88
09-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Take that Raider fan!

http://www.reddeerdirectory.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/five-guys-red-deer1.jpg

http://http.cdnlayer.com/smoola/00/00/58/3ac3d7897e12ed1d_m.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/38833_f260.jpg

JoeyChuckles
09-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I haven't had red meat in a few years, but no plans to go Vegan or Vegetarian any time soon. Chicken is good.

notorious
09-10-2011, 02:43 PM

JIMP

Valiant
09-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Who told you, you wont get clogged arteries, colon cancer or heart disease?? You have a lower chance.. But you are still going to die from it, even if you ate that shit from birth..

Props on trying to get healthier.. I would of just went on a diet..

edit.. dammit beat to it..

Valiant
09-10-2011, 02:47 PM
You think you're so tough - I'd like to see you walk down the streets of San Francisco talking like that! It... just... isn't... done

I gotta go to work now, but I just know that all the vegan Planeteers will fill my inbox with delicious recipies & words of compassionate encouragement while I'm gone...

Why would chiefs fans be vegans??? I understand hippies on the coasts loving it.. But there is a reason why we talk about bbq all the time.. And that shit is not a vegetable..

Jenson71
09-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Giving up meat doesn't mean you'll live longer. It just means life will feel a lot longer.

blaise
09-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I don't see the point in being vegan. I can see vegetarian, but not vegan. You can get cage free eggs, grass fed beef, wild caught fish, etc. I don't know that a vegan diet automatically means you're more healthy. I mean, an Oreo is probably vegan.

The most successful vegan/vegetarian dishes I've eaten are Mexican type. With beans, rice, quinoa, some sort of veggie taco meat. You can get a lot of good flavor out of a veggie burrito. And, I know a lot of people don't like tofu, but you can make it so it's not bad. I usually slice it into 1/4" thick slices and put a dry rub on it, and bake it. Then I top it with rice, beans, some sort of diced tomatoes or salsa and some guacamole.

But I don't bother worrying about it being vegan, really. I have no problem eating a fish. It doesn't even have a freaking brain, barely.

notorious
09-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Giving up meat doesn't mean you'll live longer. It just means life will feel a lot longer.

LOL This.

DaFace
09-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Does this "vegan" stuff involve eating bacon?

blaise
09-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Does this "vegan" stuff involve eating bacon?

Tofu bacon. Not quite the same, though. Neither is soy chorizo.

DaFace
09-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Tofu bacon. Not quite the same, though. Neither is soy chorizo.

Yeah...about that...I'm out.

Lzen
09-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Studies show that a large percentage of vegans are also homosexuals. Just sayin.

blaise
09-10-2011, 03:11 PM
I go to a vegan restaurant sometimes and there's quite a few fat customers there.

notorious
09-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Studies show that a large percentage of vegans are also homosexuals. Just sayin.

It just goes to show that everyone needs to get their beef intake one way or another.

lcarus
09-10-2011, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't want to live if I couldn't eat dead animals.

rockymtnchief
09-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Good luck with the vegan thing.

I hear a lot of vegans say "We're not supposed to eat meat...look at our teeth."

I call bullshit. Look at our eyes. Canine, feline, bears and humans have their eyes on the front of their faces. This helps them see farther for hunting prey. (Predators)

Prey (deer, elk, cows, etc...)have their eyes on the side of their heads to keep a better eye out for predators.

In conclusion, going vegan will make your eyes shift to the sides of your head.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs333.ash1/28806_402214672319_827812319_4137386_892493_n.jpg

Gonzo
09-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Let's see here... Hmmmm

Hey duck, let's take an inventory of my chest freezer:
Pheasant - check
Antelope steaks - check
Deer sausage - check
Deer steaks - check
Beef - 1/2 a side check
Pork - 5 racks ribs check
Chicken - check
Grouse - check
It's gotta be in here somewhere...
Wait for It, wait for it...
Bingo! I found an apple in the fridge!
Wanna come over for dinner?

Fish
09-10-2011, 03:23 PM
A vegan diet is not natural. Don't let your self righteousness fool you into thinking you're more intelligent than a million years of evolution. You're body is craving that prime rib for a reason.

Eat meat. Drink beer. Burp, fart, and be healthy.

Gonzo
09-10-2011, 03:23 PM

Gotta say the obvious, huh? He's a charger fan too. Don't forget to call him stupid.

RedNeckRaider
09-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Next you will say you support PETA. Either way I am looking forward to steaks tonight...oh and fuck PETA~

blaise
09-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I was listening to some author being interviewed about a trip he took in the South American rain forest. He said the tribe of people in the rainforest had two words for hungry. One was just hungry and the other meant hungry for meat.

KcMizzou
09-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't think vegans can have cream.

Ace Gunner
09-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Let's see here... Hmmmm

Pheasant - check
Antelope steaks - check
Deer sausage - check
Deer steaks - check
Beef - 1/2 a side check
Chicken - check
Grouse - check

I'm coming to rob your fridge. please leave your address immediatly

Gonzo
09-10-2011, 03:28 PM
http://http://i41.tinypic.com/2gxhez7.jpg

Bwana
09-10-2011, 03:36 PM
You commie bastard!

http://everydaypantry.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Grilled_Steak2.jpg

chasedude
09-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Let's see here... Hmmmm

Pheasant - check
Antelope steaks - check
Deer sausage - check
Deer steaks - check
Beef - 1/2 a side check
Chicken - check
Grouse - check

Awesome! When's dinner... I'm on my way!

chasedude
09-10-2011, 03:40 PM
You know Hitler was a vegan... just sayin LMAO

Ace Gunner
09-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Reminds me

http://www.originaltommys.com/_images/TommysBURGER3.jpg

I need a tommy burger

CrazyPhuD
09-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Awwww isn't that cute....oakland fans going gay again.... I guess when your team fucks you that much you eventually turn? ;)

BTW the whole vegan thing really doesn't happen for chiefs fans. You know why, tailgating and BBQ. Once you've had great BBQ how in the world could you ever given it up? Hell I grew up in KS and if you were to tell people you were a vegetarian people would ask if you could look at their dog because he's been limping a little.

Seriously do you go to raiders games? What happened to the rough and tumble let's beat up everyone(including our own fans), raider nation? Or is the new kinder, gentler, gayder nation?

But in a semi serious turn, one of the problems with going vegan(that veggies can get around by eating milk and cheese), is that more plant based protein has incomplete amino acids. For a good muscle health you really do want complete proteins. I would suggest a whey supplement, but vegans can't touch it because it's animal based.

CrazyPhuD
09-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Let's see here... Hmmmm

Pheasant - check
Antelope steaks - check
Deer sausage - check
Deer steaks - check
Beef - 1/2 a side check
Chicken - check
Grouse - check

I have like 20lbs of bacon in my fridge(hey I haven't shopped in a week or two) and been eating probably 1lb of bacon per day for the last 6+months. Oh did I mention my TOTAL, cholesterol last time it was checked, was 120. :D

Just Passin' By
09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't see the point in being vegan. I can see vegetarian, but not vegan. You can get cage free eggs, grass fed beef, wild caught fish, etc. I don't know that a vegan diet automatically means you're more healthy. I mean, an Oreo is probably vegan.

The most successful vegan/vegetarian dishes I've eaten are Mexican type. With beans, rice, quinoa, some sort of veggie taco meat. You can get a lot of good flavor out of a veggie burrito...

See, there's where everyone figured out you were lying.

CrazyPhuD
09-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Because there is no such thing as too much bacon....

http://grind365.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/bacon-explosion.jpg

Nickel D
09-10-2011, 03:52 PM
My grandmama's a long-time vegan and a vegetable. Coincidence? Well, at least if her pantry's bare, she can bare her panties and eat herself.

blaise
09-10-2011, 04:10 PM
See, there's where everyone figured out you were lying.

Yeah, maybe adequate flavor is a better term.

redsurfer11
09-10-2011, 04:11 PM

All the vegans I know are extremely overweight. Too many starches.

Just Passin' By
09-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Spending your life eating grass so that you can live 2 more years of old age eating grass. LMAO

Ace Gunner
09-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I eat vegans

CrazyPhuD
09-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Spending your life eating grass so that you can live 2 more years of old age eating grass. LMAO

grass is meant to be smoked not eaten....not even by cattle!

MagicHef
09-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Wait, oil? Why?

CrazyPhuD
09-10-2011, 05:02 PM
BTW even Buck eats meat!

kysirsoze
09-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Dude. There are plenty of great vegan recipes. Just google it. You'd be surprised. I've experimented with some extreme diets, and I find eliminating gluten to be much more impactful to both weight loss and generally feeling healthy and energized. That said, I think the best thing you can do is eat food you make yourself with fresh ingredients and as few chemicals as possible. Lots of vegetables and fruit. Cut down on alcohol, fatty meats, and caffeine. Basically common sense stuff.

kstater
09-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Prey (deer, elk, cows, etc...)have their eyes on the side of their heads to keep a better eye out for predators.

Is that why Asians eat a lot of rice and soy?

kstater
09-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm coming to rob your fridge. please leave your address immediatly

Pretty sure you can get apples at Wal-Mart.

Rain Man
09-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Wait, oil? Why?

If you're vegan, you can't eat dinosaur.

Delano
09-10-2011, 06:09 PM
My grandmama's a long-time vegan and a vegetable. Coincidence? Well, at least if her pantry's bare, she can bare her panties and eat herself.

What is this all about?
Posted via Mobile Device

WhiteWhale
09-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Good luck with the vegan thing.

I hear a lot of vegans say "We're not supposed to eat meat...look at our teeth."

I call bullshit. Look at our eyes. Canine, feline, bears and humans have their eyes on the front of their faces. This helps them see farther for hunting prey. (Predators)

In conclusion, going vegan will make your eyes shift to the sides of your head.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs333.ash1/28806_402214672319_827812319_4137386_892493_n.jpg

Humans aren't predators.

Forget eyes and teeth, take a look at our digestive system. Predators have like... 8 feet of intestines and expel their food 6 hours after eating. We have long ass intestines that takes 24 hours to expel what we eat. Humans, as well as most apes, are frugivores. Our digestive system is has evolved from a diet of fruits and nuts.

That being said, there's more than a little evidence that our substantial intellect would have been impossible without a meat rich diet because of the protein required for such an evolution. Most likely during this time we were scavenging bone marrow or living on fish. That's the theory anyway. Animals that do not eat meat tend to be the less intelligent because they don't get enough protein to allow a powerful brain to function.

Things don't evolve as narrowly as would be convenient. The fact is that both humans and our genetic relatives (Apes) all eat meat as part of their diet. It's obvious looking at human evolution that while we were frugivores for the majority of our evolution, our current level of intellect would not have been reached without a protein rich diet that can really only be found in meat.

Rain Man
09-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Humans aren't predators.

Forget eyes and teeth, take a look at our digestive system. Predators have like... 8 feet of intestines and expel their food 6 hours after eating. We have long ass intestines that takes 24 hours to expel what we eat. Humans, as well as most apes, are frugivores. Our digestive system is has evolved from a diet of fruits and nuts.

That being said, there's more than a little evidence that our substantial intellect would have been impossible without a meat rich diet because of the protein required for such an evolution. Most likely during this time we were scavenging bone marrow or living on fish. That's the theory anyway. Animals that do not eat meat tend to be the less intelligent because they don't get enough protein to allow a powerful brain to function.

Things don't evolve as narrowly as would be convenient. The fact is that both humans and our genetic relatives (Apes) all eat meat as part of their diet. It's obvious looking at human evolution that while we were frugivores for the majority of our evolution, our current level of intellect would not have been reached without a protein rich diet that can really only be found in meat.

So what you're saying is that if we don't kill the Kodiak bears, the Kodiak bears will eventually rule the earth.

WhiteWhale
09-10-2011, 06:26 PM
So what you're saying is that if we don't kill the Kodiak bears, the Kodiak bears will eventually rule the earth.

Not until they evolve oppose able thumbs. :D

listopencil
09-10-2011, 06:53 PM
I was listening to some author being interviewed about a trip he took in the South American rain forest. He said the tribe of people in the rainforest had two words for hungry. One was just hungry and the other meant hungry for meat.

I have found my people.

listopencil
09-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Humans aren't predators.

LMAO

Humans are omnivores.

CoMoChief
09-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Being a vegan isn't healthy at all.

kysirsoze
09-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Being a vegan isn't healthy at all.

I'm sure you've done extensive research to come up with that.

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Vegetarians and vegans are quitters.

suzzer99
09-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Dude. There are plenty of great vegan recipes. Just google it. You'd be surprised. I've experimented with some extreme diets, and I find eliminating gluten to be much more impactful to both weight loss and generally feeling healthy and energized. That said, I think the best thing you can do is eat food you make yourself with fresh ingredients and as few chemicals as possible. Lots of vegetables and fruit. Cut down on alcohol, fatty meats, and caffeine. Basically common sense stuff.

First I was like hunh? But then I saw your location.

Baconeater
09-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Take that Raider fan!

http://www.reddeerdirectory.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/five-guys-red-deer1.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/38833_f260.jpg
QFT

Rain Man
09-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Shouldn't the thread say, "It's not all peaches and soy milk"?

Ace Gunner
09-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Vegetarians and vegans are quitters.

ya!

..........was TG vegan? ................. QUITTER!!

Gonzo
09-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I couldn't imagine going through life eating nothing but side dishes...
But hey, to each his own. You have to be doing this to score brownie points with some hot piece of hippie ass, right?

Gonzo
09-10-2011, 07:29 PM
http://http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&q=prime%20rib&sa=N#i=9

CrazyPhuD
09-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Humans aren't predators.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv177/humboldtkid/ChrisHanson.png?t=1242283622

CrazyPhuD
09-10-2011, 07:33 PM
BTW one thing I've always been curious about.....if she's vegan does that mean she has to spit?

WhiteWhale
09-10-2011, 07:55 PM
LMAO

Humans are omnivores.

Biologically speaking, we're frugivores.

We can't properly digest leafy green plants, nor do we properly digest meat. That's why we cook it.

We still eat them, but fruits and nuts and shit like that are what we're built for.

It's not what I eat. I eat lots of steak and brisket and prime rib and...

I'm hungry.

MagicHef
09-11-2011, 02:13 AM

We can't properly digest leafy green plants, nor do we properly digest meat. That's why we cook it.

We still eat them, but fruits and nuts and shit like that are what we're built for.

I'm hungry.

People can eat raw meat. Carpaccio, Tartare, Sashimi.

Silock
09-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Humans aren't predators.

While a lot of that is true, humans are most certainly predators. Part of our biology is based upon predation: the ability to run/walk for longer distances than our prey. Early humans were able to hunt and catch prey by simply tiring them out. It's called persistence hunting. Humans are absolutely hunters. It's built into our evolution. Our bipedal stride is more efficient.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fUpo_mA5RP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Silock
09-11-2011, 02:29 AM
hot piece of hippie ass

Does not compute.

Demonpenz
09-11-2011, 02:49 AM
if you had the will power to be a vegan you could use that skill for something good. like being awesome

Ugly Duck
09-11-2011, 02:59 AM
I've received some valuable input, for which I thank you. But, no... I didn't go vegan because I developed a sudden interest in other men's weiners or because I want to bang a hippie chick or be nice to animals. It was this CNN program about how not to die from a heart attack:

http://sanjayguptamd.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/29/sanjay-gupta-reports-the-last-heart-attack/

MagicHef
09-11-2011, 03:21 AM
I've received some valuable input, for which I thank you. But, no... I didn't go vegan because I developed a sudden interest in other men's weiners or because I want to bang a hippie chick or be nice to animals. It was this CNN program about how not to die from a heart attack:

http://sanjayguptamd.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/29/sanjay-gupta-reports-the-last-heart-attack/

I really need to know: why no oil?

Ugly Duck
09-11-2011, 03:26 AM
I really need to know: why no oil?

I think its cuz of cholesterol? Not really sure. And what about the Mediterranean folks that have really low incidence of heart disease cuz they use olive oil instead of regular vegetable oil? Seems like we should at least be able to eat olive oil without dying.

MagicHef
09-11-2011, 03:42 AM
I think its cuz of cholesterol? Not really sure. And what about the Mediterranean folks that have really low incidence of heart disease cuz they use olive oil instead of regular vegetable oil? Seems like we should at least be able to eat olive oil without dying.

I hope you still use olive oil. Seeing as how it may be the greatest thing ever invented, it seems almost non-human to intentionally not use it when it's available.

Hog Farmer
09-11-2011, 04:38 AM

I'm hungry.

Ummm....dear Mr.Whale, Iwould like you to know that I am able to properly digest lettuce. I have never crapped a leaf of lettuce in my life. And the reason I cook meat is because raw meat tastes awful and it will give you parasites. Of course I'm probably the only one.

GordonGekko
09-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Ummm....dear Mr.Whale, Iwould like you to know that I am able to properly digest lettuce. I have never crapped a leaf of lettuce in my life. And the reason I cook meat is because raw meat tastes awful and it will give you parasites. Of course I'm probably the only one.

Lol your intestines break lettuce down, but lettuce has to sit in the intestinal tract for days before the nutrients from it can be absorbed. Cows have longer intestinal tracts compared to humans. The human tract is very short in comparison and leafy greens simply get moved too quickly for the nutrients to be absorbed, so there isn't really any nutritional benefit to lettuce or other leafy greens. It all still gets broken down though, which is why you might be confused.

Silock
09-11-2011, 05:20 AM

So, let me get this straight...

In order to NOT die from a heart attack, you're going to avoid saturated fats, which, in moderation, have been proven to increase good cholesterol and prevent plaque build-up.

And you're going to load up on carbs and very little complete proteins, which has been proven to increase inflammation and increase small LDL.

Gotcha. Sounds like a helluva way to go out.

If you're really interested in how to prevent a heart attack, read this website daily:
http://www.trackyourplaque.com/blog/

Dr. Davis does a great job of explaining why a typical low-fat, high-carb diet (like what you would find in a vegan diet) actually harms you more than a good diet of protein and low-carb meals.

Silock
09-11-2011, 05:22 AM

You need cholesterol to function. You need fats.

And dietary cholesterol isn't the biggest contributor of your body's cholesterol. Your body makes its own. Diet can, of course, exacerbate the condition, but your body will cease its own production in the presence of dietary cholesterol (of the right kind) so as not to have too much. But, as with all things: moderation is key.

Hog Farmer
09-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Lol your intestines break lettuce down, but lettuce has to sit in the intestinal tract for days before the nutrients from it can be absorbed. Cows have longer intestinal tracts compared to humans. The human tract is very short in comparison and leafy greens simply get moved too quickly for the nutrients to be absorbed, so there isn't really any nutritional benefit to lettuce or other leafy greens. It all still gets broken down though, which is why you might be confused.

Are you a doctor ?

suzzer99
09-11-2011, 06:18 AM
Pretty sure Mediterranean diet isn't now, nor has it ever been, vegan.

griZZly64
09-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Since when is believing anything on CNN the way to go? GL bein a lame vegan. Fear of death shouldn't prohibit you from living.

Ugly Duck
09-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Awww... screw it. I'm taking a break. Just sauteed some scallions & crushed garlic in butter & tossed in some fresh Thai basil & red pepper flakes & a hint of fresh oregano. Then added some clam juice & white wine & heirloom tomato chunks & crumbled feta. Smells really good in here. When this sauce cooks down I'll throw in live mussels till they open & toss in jumbo shrimp & local red snapper chunks. Gotta fresh, crusty sourdough to sop it up with & a nice bottle of Napa chardonnay. Then, tomorrow, I'll go vegan again....

P.S. Thanks for the input, folks. I do listen to what you have to say...

CrazyPhuD
09-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Once you go meat you know it can't be beat.

Gonzo
09-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Awww... screw it. I'm taking a break. Just sauteed some scallions & crushed garlic in butter & tossed in some fresh Thai basil & red pepper flakes & a hint of fresh oregano. Then added some clam juice & white wine & heirloom tomato chunks & crumbled feta. Smells really good in here. When this sauce cooks down I'll throw in live mussels till they open & toss in jumbo shrimp & local red snapper chunks. Gotta fresh, crusty sourdough to sop it up with & a nice bottle of Napa chardonnay. Then, tomorrow, I'll go vegan again....

Tired of receiving all the buttsex, huh?
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
09-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Vegans lead a long life.

Full of fucking misery from not eating anything except bean sprouts and tofu.

Ace Gunner
09-13-2011, 09:51 PM

there ya go. black mussel or green? I like the black ones, but they are not always available.

Frankie
09-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Gone Vegan.... it ain't been all peaches & cream

http://s3-media3.px.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/etJl4quKRXF8x4aRK2EEUg/l.jpg

:evil:

KC Tattoo
09-13-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm on a see food diet.

I see food & I eat it.

Ugly Duck
09-13-2011, 11:20 PM
there ya go. black mussel or green? I like the black ones, but they are not always available.

Black ones... & they were doggone good!

Here's a method for making one of the best meals of your life: Eat nothing but veggies, grains & beans for a coupla weeks. Then, whip one of your favorite, rich, flavorful meals. You will appreciate it with every cell in your body!

CrazyPhuD
09-14-2011, 04:18 AM
Black ones... & they were doggone good!

Here's a method for making one of the best meals of your life: Eat nothing but veggies, grains & beans for a coupla weeks. Then, whip one of your favorite, rich, flavorful meals. You will appreciate it with every cell in your body!

Yea but that's like saying, don't have sex for a year, so when you finally fuck a girl you'll blow your load for three days straight.

Bump
09-14-2011, 07:21 AM
just make sure you go out to restaurants and make sure that they bend over backwards for you even though it's not a vegan kitchen and still complain. I've dated several vegans and they were annoying as fuck to take anywhere.

bevischief
09-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Yea but that's like saying, don't have sex for a year, so when you finally **** a girl you'll blow your load for three days straight.

And knock her up...

DaKCMan AP
09-14-2011, 07:48 AM
But its not easy to cook without oil or cheese or eggs or meat or milk. You pull those out of your favorite recipes & there ain't much left. Whats left over is pretty tasteless unless you throw piles of herbs at it. So everything tastes like a pile of herbs. Is there a science to this that I'm not aware of?

I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but this is a pretty good cookbook:

http://books.google.com/books?id=ANYTGD9Kj4wC&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&l=220

tooge
09-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Duck, going vegan is bs. I'm not gonna tell you to eat shit loads of meat or anything, but I am going to have you consider eating what your body was designed to eat over millions of years of evolution. We evolved eating whole grains, fish and wild game we could catch, fruits we could pick, and vegetables we could dig up. That is it. Soon, we learned how to cook some of this stuff. Our bodies are not designed to live without fats or whole proteins. Unfortunately, the meats most people eat today, particularly beef and pork, are so modified from what our ancestors were chasing, that they have become unhealthy for us. You should be eating lots of fish, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, poultry, lean red meat (bison, venison), healthy oils, and beans. Take a good look at that list. Basically, using foods in that list, you can make thousands of incredible tasting meals. If you have a problem killing other things (which other animals don't of course), then that is a different issue.

Carlota69
09-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Who gives a fuck what someone wants to eat? If you think eating a T-Bone every night makes you stronger, better faster healthier, then rock the fuck out!! If you think eating quinoa and apples is going to make your life better, then get it on!!! ENJOY whatever you CHOOSE to eat. Why people get so offended by what someone else chooses to eat is beyond me. I know lots of straight people who are vegan, and I know phags that eat more than just "beef". Serioulsy people. Its astonishing to me that peole relate what someone eats to their sexuality and that one gets put down as a person just becasue they choose to get their protein from source different from their own choice. Unreal.

EAT WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT AND ENJOY LIFE. PERIOD.

Fish
09-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Who gives a fuck what someone wants to eat? If you think eating a T-Bone every night makes you stronger, better faster healthier, then rock the fuck out!! If you think eating quinoa and apples is going to make your life better, then get it on!!! ENJOY whatever you CHOOSE to eat. Why people get so offended by what someone else chooses to eat is beyond me. I know lots of straight people who are vegan, and I know phags that eat more than just "beef". Serioulsy people. Its astonishing to me that peole relate what someone eats to their sexuality and that one gets put down as a person just becasue they choose to get their protein from source different from their own choice. Unreal.

EAT WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT AND ENJOY LIFE. PERIOD.

Well.... there are exceptions....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18574603/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/vegan-couple-sentenced-life-over-babys-death/#.TnC9GdQ2AhA

Carlota69
09-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Well.... there are exceptions....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18574603/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/vegan-couple-sentenced-life-over-babys-death/#.TnC9GdQ2AhA

Yeah but thats just straight up neglect and retardation on the parent s part. there are plenty of cases where meat eating families neglect their chldren too just in different ways. But yes, if you choose to be vegan, then you have to smart and well prepared, and hopefully a full adult who has made the choice not a growing child with no choice.

blaise
09-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Who gives a **** what someone wants to eat? If you think eating a T-Bone every night makes you stronger, better faster healthier, then rock the **** out!! If you think eating quinoa and apples is going to make your life better, then get it on!!! ENJOY whatever you CHOOSE to eat. Why people get so offended by what someone else chooses to eat is beyond me. I know lots of straight people who are vegan, and I know phags that eat more than just "beef". Serioulsy people. Its astonishing to me that peole relate what someone eats to their sexuality and that one gets put down as a person just becasue they choose to get their protein from source different from their own choice. Unreal.

EAT WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT AND ENJOY LIFE. PERIOD.

I think most people were just kidding around with him. Let's not act like there was some sort of witch hunt against vegans or something.

Carlota69
09-14-2011, 09:59 AM
I think most people were just kidding around with him. Let's not act like there was some sort of witch hunt against vegans or something.

Actually my reaction is more based out of real life experience, not just what people say on the board. Ive been on both ends of the fire. I was once chastised from a vegan who couldnt believe my BF at the time would even consider dating me because I ate a hamburger in front of her. I have also been actually screamed at (and I mean for real screamed at) by a meat eater when I was vegetarian becasue I ordered a vegetarian pizza, a pizza for me and only me mind you.

I see it all the time and hear it all the time. Its crazy that peole get offended by other peoples choices for food. But they do.

Ugly Duck
09-14-2011, 10:05 AM
I think most people were just kidding around with him.

Going vegan does seem to have an effect on behavior. For example, the feeling that I'm superior to others has become even stronger.... kinda like the South Park hybrid drivers. And I bought silk underwear and have a curious desire to shave my legs.

Carlota69
09-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Going vegan does seem to have an effect on behavior. For example, the feeling that I'm superior to others has become even stronger.... kinda like the South Park hybrid drivers. And I bought silk underwear and have a curious desire to shave my legs.

So what youre saying is you are no longer a Vagatarian?:D

go bowe
09-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Does not compute.

mmmmmmm...

it computed just fine back in the days of actual/real/high hippies...

why do you think they called it the sexual revolution? :) :) :)