PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fire Haley

Pages : [1] 2

whoman69
09-11-2011, 01:48 PM
I want to say that up to this point I have been a Haley supporter. A lot of people on this board wanted to shoot down those who saw disaster in the air. "You can't judge anything from pre-season." Its not pre-season anymore. Todd Haley took a different approach. He didn't trust his players to be professional and keep themselves in condition. Training camp is meant to get your team ready to play football. Todd Haley didn't do that and deserves to become fired because of it.

This team is in total disarray. Those who want to deny are going to tell me that I'm overreacting. Did you really think our top squad played all that well in pre-season even against backups? Both sides of the ball were outplayed today by a 4 win team from a year ago.

Its great you had the top rushing team in the league a year ago. You also had more rushing attempts and were 30th in passing yards. This is in a league where the passing rules greatly favor offense.

I get the idea. You want to control the clock and keep the other offense off the field. They were 17th in time of possession. They were 19th in first downs. They weren't moving the chains, they were chained by their inability to have a balanced attack.

The best teams in the league can take over a game with their offense. This team cannot. We are not one of the best teams in the league despite our lofty AFC West Championship banner.

FAX
09-11-2011, 01:49 PM
After we fire him, can we make him eat sand?

FAX

kstater
09-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Exactly

Fire him and bring back Herm. He at least had the team prepared.

milkman
Let me ask you.

Do you want Haley to put the game in the hands of Matt cassel?

BigMeatballDave

FAXYes. He can fucking eat the sand I'm currently washing out of my vagina.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Exactly

Fire him and bring back Herm. He at least had the team prepared.LMAO Herm got his ass handed to him by the Bills in Arrowhead, also.

memyselfI
Faley sucks. This team overachieved last year. End of story. No matter what Penchief wants to believe.

Extra Point

FAX

No. Merely ask him to go pound it.

Bowser
09-11-2011, 01:53 PM
LMAO

kstater
Faley sucks. This team overachieved last year. End of story. No matter what Penchief wants to believe.

Go back to your hole, Cunt.

chris
Please tell us you don't have children and the over reacting gene disease ends with you.

KCrockaholic
No.

Molitoth
09-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Haley didn't fumble the opening kickoff and set the tone for the game.
As far as I know Haley also did not call the offensive plays today.
Haley did not give Cassel a giant contract.

I won't put this one on Haley..... yet.

whoman69
09-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Let me ask you.

Do you want Haley to put the game in the hands of Matt cassel?

When we got behind we depended on Matt Cassel, did we not? I want Haley to mix it up. For someone who came from an offensive background, he has no concept of a balanced attack. You can't pass only when you need to pass and expect good results. The fact that other teams should respect our run should open the passing game, even for 5 yard Matt.

whoman69
09-11-2011, 01:55 PM

Did Haley have them ready to play?

FAX
09-11-2011, 01:55 PM

Your positive attitude about life is encouraging and uplifting to those around you.

FAX

milkman
09-11-2011, 01:57 PM

I do give blame to Haley for handing over the play calling responsibilities to Muir.

And this fumbling problem didn't rea it's ugly head today.

That has been a problem in the preseason, and needed to be fixed in the preseason.

milkman
09-11-2011, 01:59 PM
When we got behind we depended on Matt Cassel, did we not? I want Haley to mix it up. For someone who came from an offensive background, he has no concept of a balanced attack. You can't pass only when you need to pass and expect good results. The fact that other teams should respect our run should open the passing game, even for 5 yard Matt.

Did you see the passes that 5 yard Matt was throwing even before this game got out of hand.

It was pathetic.

Bottom line, the QB is the leader of the team, and when he underperforms at the level that Matt Cassel performed at from the first snap, you aren't going to win many games.

ClevelandBronco
McDaniels needs a job.

FAX
I'm not sure just how bad the play-calling was. I mean, we were playing from behind (not Cassel's forte) the entire game. We couldn't establish the run game and Cassel couldn't evade a tomato plant.

If I were a play-caller person, I would be challenged to find something that would work in a situation like this.

FAX

Taco John

The rest of the division underachieved. And will again this year too. Regardless of your showing today, your still very m.uch in it for the AFC West.

Haley is a moron
09-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Jamaal got 10 carries the entire game. 2 in the 2nd half. your coach is a fucking retard.

FAX
09-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Did you see the passes that 5 yard Matt was throwing even before this game got out of hand.

It was pathetic.

Bottom line, the QB is the leader of the team, and when he underperforms at the level that Matt Cassel performed at from the first snap, you aren't going to win many games.

Those checkdowns are murder. He simply cannot seem to find sufficient confidence to heave the damn thing downfield.

FAX

kstater
09-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I do give blame to Haley for handing over the play calling responsibilities to Muir.

And this fumbling problem didn't rea it's ugly head today.

That has been a problem in the preseason, and needed to be fixed in the preseason.

I blame the officials for overturning the TD pass from Cassel. That TD changes the game. Bet you the Bills paid them off.

whoman69
09-11-2011, 02:02 PM

It was pathetic.

So he really isn't one of the right 53?

Haley is a moron
09-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure just how bad the play-calling was. I mean, we were playing from behind (not Cassel's forte) the entire game. We couldn't establish the run game and Cassel couldn't evade a tomato plant.

If I were a play-caller person, I would be challenged to find something that would work in a situation like this.

FAX

you couldnt establish the run game because you didnt try. Jamaal averaged 6.5 yards per carry in the first half, just as he did last year. You come out in the 2nd half down by just 2 scores, your defense actually steps up and forces a quick punt, and you throw 4 straight shitty passes and punt the ball away. The play calling was fucking atrocious. Cassel is fucking horrible, Jamaal is the best RB in the league, and yet Cassel is just chunking the rock around while Jamaal doesnt get carries. Un fucking believable.

milkman
09-11-2011, 02:03 PM
There is no way in hell, as a DC, that I would get overly concerned with the Chiefs downfield passing game, which allows a defense to take a lot of other things out of your offense.

Discuss Thrower
09-11-2011, 02:03 PM
The rest of the division underachieved. And will again this year too. Regardless of your showing today, your still very m.uch in it for the AFC West.

Channeling some Garcia reverse mojo here?

Extra Point
09-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Jamaal got 10 carries the entire game. 2 in the 2nd half. your coach is a ****ing retard.

The truth is strong with this one. /Yoda

dirk digler
We need a few more games before calling for his head. Today wasn't very encouraging though for his future

milkman
I blame the officials for overturning the TD pass from Cassel. That TD changes the game. Bet you the Bills paid them off.

The officials made the right call.

And on the following play, Cassel can't avoid a sack when the defender is falling down in front of him.

FAX
09-11-2011, 02:05 PM
you couldnt establish the run game because you didnt try. Jamaal averaged 6.5 yards per carry in the first half, just as he did last year. You come out in the 2nd half down by just 2 scores, your defense actually steps up and forces a quick punt, and you throw 4 straight shitty passes and punt the ball away. The play calling was ****ing atrocious. Cassel is ****ing horrible, Jamaal is the best RB in the league, and yet Cassel is just chunking the rock around while Jamaal doesnt get carries. Un ****ing believable.

The theory to which you allude is intriguing.

Problem is that Jamaal can't carry the ball on every snap. Most people with functioning brains know that.

I might also add that Cassel appeared to be checking off quite a bit in this game.

FAX

Epic Fail 007
09-11-2011, 02:05 PM
BRING BACK MARTY.........KICK MATTS ASS OUT.DUMP GLASS HANDS CHARLES.............NO MORE COPPER................DO SOMETHING!

FAX
09-11-2011, 02:06 PM
There is no way in hell, as a DC, that I would get overly concerned with the Chiefs downfield passing game, which allows a defense to take a lot of other things out of your offense.

I don't think we have a "down-field passing game".

I really don't.

We might get some YAC off a slant or sideline out or something, but that's about it.

FAX

Haley is a moron
09-11-2011, 02:12 PM
The theory to which you allude is intriguing.

Problem is that Jamaal can't carry the ball on every snap. Most people with functioning brains know that.

I might also add that Cassel appeared to be checking off quite a bit in this game.

FAX

who the fuck said to give Jamaal the ball on every snap? You think 10 carries in the entire game is enough? Fuck, you deserve Haley as a head coach if youre really this stupid.

FAX
09-11-2011, 02:15 PM
who the **** said to give Jamaal the ball on every snap? You think 10 carries in the entire game is enough? ****, you deserve Haley as a head coach if youre really this stupid.

You appear to suffer from some sort of mental disease, Mr. Haley is a moron. Although tragic for you and your family, I'm not sure that attempting to engage in a conversation with you serves any good purpose. For now, my suggestion is that you cut down on drinking from the toilet.

FAX

chasedude
09-11-2011, 02:17 PM
LMAO and the meltdown continues.

FAX
09-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Mitch just said this was the widest margin of defeat in a home opener in Chiefs history.

FAX

Haley is a moron
You appear to suffer from some sort of mental disease, Mr. Haley is a moron. Although tragic for you and your family, I'm not sure that attempting to engage in a conversation with you serves any good purpose. For now, my suggestion is that you cut down on drinking from the toilet.

FAX

lol, OK. You appear to have as much hubris as your head coach. I say that Jamaal didnt get enough carries, you respond with, "Well he cant get the ball every play!!!!omg!!11", and you wanna talk about no purpose in conversating with me. Thats rich.

Frankie

FAX

I'm afraid that could only be done while he is under contract.

Three7s
09-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I had a feeling this was coming. 0-17 baby. That bye week should suspend a few guys due to DUIs so that essentially is a loss too.

bevischief
09-11-2011, 02:23 PM
With all the moves this team has done and this is bull shit to expect this results.

EyePod
09-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I want to say that up to this point I have been a Haley supporter. A lot of people on this board wanted to shoot down those who saw disaster in the air. "You can't judge anything from pre-season." Its not pre-season anymore. Todd Haley took a different approach. He didn't trust his players to be professional and keep themselves in condition. Training camp is meant to get your team ready to play football. Todd Haley didn't do that and deserves to become fired because of it.

This team is in total disarray. Those who want to deny are going to tell me that I'm overreacting. Did you really think our top squad played all that well in pre-season even against backups? Both sides of the ball were outplayed today by a 4 win team from a year ago.

Its great you had the top rushing team in the league a year ago. You also had more rushing attempts and were 30th in passing yards. This is in a league where the passing rules greatly favor offense.

I get the idea. You want to control the clock and keep the other offense off the field. They were 17th in time of possession. They were 19th in first downs. They weren't moving the chains, they were chained by their inability to have a balanced attack.

The best teams in the league can take over a game with their offense. This team cannot. We are not one of the best teams in the league despite our lofty AFC West Championship banner.

Who said we were one of the best teams. Honestly, you can blame Pioli more than Haley. Haley has to work with the players he has. We lost Weiss, Moeaki, and Waters. Those are huge blows to this team. We layed an egg but we really aren't as bad as we played today. You've never been on a sports team where you know you're good but you don't get the outcome you want? It happens. Pitt and Atl had shitty games today too. The world isn't over, but I don't see us making the playoffs this year (not that I did before the season anyways).

Haley is a moron
09-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Who said we were one of the best teams. Honestly, you can blame Pioli more than Haley. Haley has to work with the players he has. We lost Weiss, Moeaki, and Waters. Those are huge blows to this team. We layed an egg but we really aren't as bad as we played today. You've never been on a sports team where you know you're good but you don't get the outcome you want? It happens. Pitt and Atl had shitty games today too. The world isn't over, but I don't see us making the playoffs this year (not that I did before the season anyways).

Say, for example, the best running back in the NFL? Hmm. Kinda wish he'd have decided to "work with" that guy a bit more.

notorious
09-11-2011, 02:29 PM
The officials made the right call.

And on the following play, Cassel can't avoid a sack when the defender is falling down in front of him.

This.

beach tribe
09-11-2011, 02:32 PM
So up until this point you've been a Haley supporter and this game changed your mind. So I'll just take a wild guess, and say that one good win, and you'll polish his pole.

KCChiefsFan88
09-11-2011, 02:35 PM
This type of game... a historically bad loss to start the season to a team that went 4-12 last year calls for some drastic changes this week.

I am not suggesting Haley should be fired, but there needs to be some changes made. For one, end the Muir fiasco now. End the inane way the Chiefs are getting plays to Cassel... from Muir, to Zorn and with 50 couriers in between. Haley should call the plays himself.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Haley carried Weis last year

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
C'mon OFFSEASON!!! hurry up.

Psyko Tek
09-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Mitch just said this was the widest margin of defeat in a home opener in Chiefs history.

FAX

no I saw a graphic only the second worse pittsburgh bea our ass harder in the early '70s so we aren';t that bad

Frankie
09-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Haley carried Weis last year

Sarcasm, no?

kysirsoze
09-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Im just pissed I actually have to do something later so I can't get blackout drunk.

tecumseh
09-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Well, here's my take... Alot of unflagged Defensive and Offensive holding by the Bills, a blown call on the Chiefs TE TD. So, thats on the refs. Chiefs played sloppy and slow most of the game, Chiefs playcalling on offense was predictable although the Chiefs front seven played well enough, the DB's were subpar, seemed unfocused,disorganized. I don't know whats the deal with two coaches calling the offense or was Zorn just relaying? I feel bad for the fans that paid to see that diareaha of a performance by the Chiefs. IMO its going to take four consecutive wins to scour the stench of this game.
Enjoy Your Life.

milkman
09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Well, here's my take... Alot of unflagged Defensive and Offensive holding by the Bills, a blown call on the Chiefs TE TD. So, thats on the refs. Chiefs played sloppy and slow most of the game, Chiefs playcalling on offense was predictable although the Chiefs front seven played well enough, the DB's were subpar, seemed unfocused,disorganized. I don't know whats the deal with two coaches calling the offense or was Zorn just relaying? I feel bad for the fans that paid to see that diareaha of a performance by the Chiefs. IMO its going to take four consecutive wins to scour the stench of this game.
Enjoy Your Life.

The overturn on the TD by Pope was the right call.

Bowser
09-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Enjoy Your Life.

1) The reversal of the Pope TD was the correct call.

2) Our front seven got pushed around and lost their lunch money. They didn't get anywhere close to playing "well enough"

3) The entire defense (read:team) seemed unfocused and disorganized.

4) Agree that this playcalling debacle needs to get shored up right now, and not have the three stooges trying to call a play. Get a guy, let him plan, call those plays.

5) Yeah, it would have sucked dropping the money and time to go to this game, no doubt. And I do feel bad for those people, especially those that came in from out of town.

KC Dan
09-11-2011, 02:53 PM

Yep, the Chiefs were just not ready to play, plain and simple...

KCrockaholic
09-11-2011, 02:55 PM

It was. And a better pass makes that an easy TD rather than having the 6'8 Pope stretching out to make the catch.

tk13
09-11-2011, 02:57 PM
It was. And a better pass makes that an easy TD rather than having the 6'8 Pope stretching out to make the catch.

Cassel had a horrible day. But you really aren't going to hold that play against him are you? That was a legit throw.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Praise Directv for their help today, by being down at the Taco Mac, I was able to at least miss VIEWING this nightmare. I'd imaging Dtv will be overloaded w/ irate subs. today and tomorrow.

Gravedigger
09-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Guys Guys Guys.... calm down, we have Master Kim to teach us better hand-eye coordination. Master Kim wasn't with our playoff team last year he's gotta learn the whole program from scratch.

(For those who were at the game and don't know, the Chiefs brought in Master Kim, a specialist, to teach the Chiefs better hand-eye coordination. They commented on it on TV and I found it both riveting and utterly useless).

whoman69
09-11-2011, 03:04 PM
So up until this point you've been a Haley supporter and this game changed your mind. So I'll just take a wild guess, and say that one good win, and you'll polish his pole.

I've been rooting for the Chiefs since 1970. I don't think the flighty bandwagon tag fits. I usually give someone a chance until they prove me wrong. Haley proved me wrong today.

memyselfI
09-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Guys Guys Guys.... calm down, we have Master Kim to teach us better hand-eye coordination. Master Kim wasn't with our playoff team last year he's gotta learn the whole program from scratch.

(For those who were at the game and don't know, the Chiefs brought in Master Kim, a specialist, to teach the Chiefs better hand-eye coordination. They commented on it on TV and I found it both riveting and utterly useless).

I thought it could be seen as slightly embarrassing until I heard Gannon with the 'wax on, wax off' crack then I though it incredibly embarrassing...

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Off with his head

Bearcat
09-11-2011, 03:11 PM
are going to tell me that I'm overreacting.

Meh.

I've learned to stay away from this place after a loss, because I'm not the type to overreact to one game and this fan base can be pretty freakin' fickle.

Today? Fuck it.

Fire everyone, blow up Arrowhead, and move to team to LA. A ~7-9 win season didn't necessarily include beating the Bills, but the next 3 weeks get a lot harder, and if they're not even at the point of being competitive with the goddamned fucking Bills... :banghead:

Fuck it all.

chiefqueen
09-11-2011, 03:12 PM

I was at the game. I could easily see from the video boards the ball was bobbled and once he had control of it he could only get one foot in.

Bearcat
09-11-2011, 03:13 PM
1) The reversal of the Pope TD was the correct call.

Could you elaborate? Watching the scoreboard, it looked like he tapped his left foot before the knee landed out of bounds... he bobbled it, but it looked like he regained possession.

booger
09-11-2011, 03:13 PM

Kim was with the team since the start of the 2010 offseason. Hali credits him with the great season he had last year.

booger
09-11-2011, 03:15 PM

Pull your twat lips over your head and let your stanky assed birth canal swallow the rest of your body until you sufficate you useless windbag.

Bowser
09-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Could you elaborate? Watching the scoreboard, it looked like he tapped his left foot before the knee landed out of bounds... he bobbled it, but it looked like he regained possession.

He didn't regain possesion until after the toe tap, and by then his right leg had already hit out of bounds.

memyselfI
09-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Pull your twat lips over your head and let your stanky assed birth canal swallow the rest of your body until you sufficate you useless windbag.

Though poetic, not real insightful. Nice try though. LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

booger
09-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Though poetic, not real insightful. Nice try though. LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

ditch pig and floppy cooter'd tater hog are good ones but they are credited to others.

What's really insightful is when you only show up in the bad times and stay away during the good times.

lcarus
09-11-2011, 03:21 PM

Well it was an imcomplete pass clearly, so...yeah.

memyselfI
09-11-2011, 03:24 PM
ditch pig and floppy cooter'd tater hog are good ones but they are credited to others.

What's really insightful is when you only show up in the bad times and stay away during the good times.

Oh, those are good. I'd forgotten. LOL.

Actually, these days I only show up during the season and avoid the place most of the other times. Just too busy and unconcerned. During the season this place is pretty fun and worth the time wasted.

booger
09-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Oh, those are good. I'd forgotten. LOL.

Actually, these days I only show up during the season and avoid the place most of the other times. Just too busy and unconcerned. During the season this place is pretty fun and worth the time wasted.

The world would be a better place if Jeneane Garafalo and Rosie O'Donnell both drowned in a big batch of their own vomit, poop, piss, and puss. Don't you agree?

lcarus
09-11-2011, 03:29 PM
The world would be a better place if Jeneane Garafalo and Rosie O'Donnell both drowned in a big batch of their own vomit, poop, piss, and puss. Don't you agree?

I agree. They are worthless individuals only capable of smushing their vaginas into other womens vaginas. Probably looks like 2 burn victims making out down there.

memyselfI
09-11-2011, 03:30 PM

I wish the world's problems could be solved so easily...:D

Baby Lee
09-11-2011, 03:33 PM

To be fair, she was watching mostly to moisten her mons vernus to the silky baritone of Rich Gannon.

lcarus
09-11-2011, 03:39 PM
What did people expect? Our best offseason acquisition was Steve Breaston lol.

booger
09-11-2011, 03:39 PM
I agree. They are worthless individuals only capable of smushing their vaginas into other womens vaginas. Probably looks like 2 burn victims making out down there.

i wish there was a drawing where they would let the winner smash them both a ball bat and i drew the winning ticket. Then sunshine and ice cream for everyone afterwords.

lcarus
09-11-2011, 03:41 PM
i wish there was a drawing where they would let the winner smash them both a ball bat and i drew the winning ticket. Then sunshine and ice cream for everyone afterwords.

If you tried to kill Rosie O'Donnell with a whiffle ball bat, you'd be there all day whackin away at that bloated sack of comedy abortion.

booger
09-11-2011, 03:42 PM
To be fair, she was watching mostly to moisten her mons vernus to the silky baritone of Rich Gannon.

pretty sure she is so dried up that she would make the first baseball mitt ever made blush. I hope so anyway. I agree though on the gannon part. I hope someday marv albert pokes her from behind when she isn't looking.

booger
09-11-2011, 03:43 PM
If you tried to kill Rosie O'Donnell with a whiffle ball bat, you'd be there all day whackin away at that bloated sack of comedy abortion.

it will be a fabricated aluminum bat with rail road ties welded to it. Like something straight out of thunderdome

booger
09-11-2011, 03:46 PM
It will be painted pink with peace sign stickers all over it too.

lcarus
09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
it will be a fabricated aluminum bat with rail road ties welded to it. Like something straight out of thunderdome

That might do the trick. If you win this contest at least shoot me a PM so I can pull up a folding lawn chair and a bag of tropical Skittles and watch. I want no part of the clean up though. That's gonna be like hitting a pinata full of Oreo center.

Guru
09-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Never wanted him here in the first place.

memyselfI
09-11-2011, 03:51 PM
No, I sat through each of the four preseason embarrassments. Have just enjoyed life, soccer, and sanity a bit too much to spend here. But I've spent every season since 1996 talking Chiefs football on line so I can't imagine stopping now.

Quietest Storm
09-11-2011, 03:51 PM
I hope Pioli keeps the golf pro around forevah!

booger
09-11-2011, 03:52 PM
That might do the trick. If you win this contest at least shoot me a PM so I can pull up a folding lawn chair and a bag of tropical Skittles and watch. I want no part of the clean up though. That's gonna be like hitting a pinata full of Oreo center.

We should do it at the airport when the chiefs fly to Detroit. Good way to send them off to their next game. I'll put you in charge of choosing a crew to capture the two beasts alive.

booger
09-11-2011, 03:54 PM
I heard Rich Gannon made out with Barry's koolaid

chief52
09-11-2011, 04:03 PM
How quickly some people forget the state of this team when Pioli and Haley came to town...

lcarus
09-11-2011, 04:05 PM
How quickly some people forget the state of this team when Pioli and Haley came to town...

Yeah we only gave up 41 to Buffalo at home this time. We've come a long way.

Dave Lane
09-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Congratulations on one of the stupidest post in the history of the internets. I don't have a quadruple face palm to post or I would do so.

Coogs
09-11-2011, 04:20 PM

The defensive backs leg somehow got between Pope's arms, and his foot dislodeged the ball a bit right before Pope hit the ground... and the ball touched the ground before Pope completely had full control of it.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2011, 04:22 PM
How quickly some people forget the state of this team when Pioli and Haley came to town...It feels like we've regressed to that right now.

notorious
09-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah we only gave up 41 to Buffalo at home this time. We've come a long way.

This. :facepalm:

notorious
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
It feels like we've regressed to that right now.

It doesn't feel that way, it IS that way.

CupidStunt
Four staples to any good team: QB, coach, OL, DL.

The Chiefs are somewhere between bad and putrid dogshit at ALL FOUR.

Embarrassing.

Rams Fan
It doesn't feel that way, it IS that way.

Because losing the first game of the season means the rest of the season is going to be that way, right?

notorious
09-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Because losing the first game of the season means the rest of the season is going to be that way, right?

Nice Try.

Ass rapings by Oakland and Baltimore kind of set the pace for this team's failure, not to mention showing absolutely nothing in the preseason.

Rams Fan
09-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Nice Try.

Ass rapings by Oakland and Baltimore kind of set the pace for this team's failure, not to mention showing absolutely nothing in the preseason.

Teams have gotten their asses whooped before. And have made the playoffs.

Teams have also lost to teams that are inferior to them at home.
See: Browns at Saints, 2010.

jlscorpio
09-11-2011, 04:30 PM
looking back, our last 4 games or so have been pretty effing abyssmal

GloryDayz
09-11-2011, 04:31 PM
And let's fire him publicly.. Make a show of it, and have the players be in the front row to watch the event from the best seats in the house. But Haley will get one last request...He gets to name one starter on both sides of the ball who he gets to cut (just to keep the drama at a high level at this PPV event)...

Do it in Arrowhead and there might be some seats in the yellow section sold..

LOL!!

notorious
09-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Teams have gotten their asses whooped before. And have made the playoffs.

Teams have also lost to teams that are inferior to them at home.
See: Browns at Saints, 2010.

Once again, we not only got dominated Week 1, but last year we got absolutely dominated against Oakland and Baltimore.

This team is regressing bigtime. Please don't sugarcoat it for us.

Rams Fan
09-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Once again, we not only got dominated Week 1, but last year we got absolutely dominated against Oakland and Baltimore.

This team is regressing bigtime. Please don't sugarcoat it for us.

I understand why you, and most Chiefs, are frustrated with the team's play today. I also understand why people are calling for Haley's head.

But I don't understand why people are saying this Chiefs team has regressed to the likes of a 4-12 team. It appears from a fan that doesn't follow the Chiefs that well that they have more talent now than they did in 2009.

And yes, I understand why you are frustrated with how this Chiefs team has performed since January. But that doesn't mean the Chiefs have regressed to the talent level of a 4-12 team.

Guru
09-11-2011, 04:36 PM
it's my fault guys. When I go to games for free we win. When I pay for a ticket, we lose. I am never buying a ticket again.

notorious
09-11-2011, 04:37 PM
But I don't understand why people are saying this Chiefs team has regressed to the likes of a 4-12 team. It appears from a fan that doesn't follow the Chiefs that well that they have more talent now than they did in 2009.

Not calling for his head yet, but it's not looking good.

The poor guy has his hands tied with Cassel. There is no way out for Haley.

Baby Lee
09-11-2011, 04:39 PM
I understand why you, and most Chiefs, are frustrated with the team's play today. I also understand why people are calling for Haley's head.

And yes, I understand why you are frustrated with how this Chiefs team has performed since January. But that doesn't mean the Chiefs have regressed to the talent level of a 4-12 team.

Undisciplined and unfit talented players are no better than disciplined and fit untalented players.

The way they played today isn't gonna get turned around in a practice session or two, and the road gets harder and harder as the season progresses.

Rams Fan
09-11-2011, 04:39 PM
The poor guy has his hands tied with Cassel. There is no way out for Haley.

Then shouldn't some of the blame fall on Pioli? He made the decision to acquire Cassel from Patriots.

What I'm trying to say is that Haley shouldn't be the one taking the blame for everything that happened today. 46 players didn't play well enough to win.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Then shouldn't some of the blame fall on Pioli? He made the decision to acquire Cassel from Patriots.

What I'm trying to say is that Haley shouldn't be the one taking the blame for everything that happened today. 46 players didn't play well enough to win.

True but that's not how it works. I'm not totally against Haley but he's about to lose his job because of Cassel. And if it some how gets us a franchise QB I'm ok with it.

Rams Fan
09-11-2011, 04:44 PM
True but that's not how it works. I'm not totally against Haley but he's about to lose his job because of Cassel. And if it some how gets us a franchise QB I'm ok with it.

Haley isn't going to lose his job the season right after he took a team that went 6-26 in the two seasons prior to 2010.

Next season might be a different story.

notorious
09-11-2011, 04:47 PM

Absolutely. That's why I think Haley is in a unwinnable situation.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Haley isn't going to lose his job the season right after he took a team that went 6-26 in the two seasons prior to 2010.

Next season might be a different story.

I don't think it'll be this year either but it's inevitable. It'll happen.

Baby Lee
09-11-2011, 04:48 PM

What you may have missed, not following the Chiefs that closely, is that Haley instituted a radical preseason regimen that sacrificed conditioning and preseason game action all in anticipation of being extra prepared for THIS day.

Rams Fan
09-11-2011, 04:50 PM
What you may have missed, not following the Chiefs that closely, is that Haley instituted a radical preseason regimen that sacrificed conditioning and preseason game action all in anticipation of being extra prepared for THIS day.

Ah.

Well then yes, I would be mad at Haley. But that still doesn't give 46 players the excuse of not doing their job.

ClevelandBronco
09-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Personally, I think they should see if they can find a real defensive coordinator. Romeo has been nothing but a fraud for a decade and a half.

Baby Lee
09-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Ah.

Well then yes, I would be mad at Haley. But that still doesn't give 46 players the excuse of not doing their job.

It does if he hasn't impressed on them sufficiently WHAT their job is, or didn't get them in shape physically or mentally to do their job at the level required.

KCrockaholic
09-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Personally, I think they should see if they can find a real defensive coordinator. Romeo has been nothing but a fraud for a decade and a half.

I heard Mike Nolan is pretty good.

ClevelandBronco
09-11-2011, 04:54 PM
I heard Mike Nolan is pretty good.

Never heard of him.

BigCatDaddy
09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
The last 3 games that mean a damn thing the Chiefs have been outscored 102-24. That's not trending well.

Gonzo
09-11-2011, 04:56 PM
In retrospect, Haley panicked when they came out in the second half. He should have stuck to the game plan and ran the ball. He came out in the two-minute offense which is extremely easy to plan for. I'm not ready to give up on them yet but if they don't play well next week, I'm going to plan on not wasting my Sundays this year.

jd1020
09-11-2011, 04:58 PM
In retrospect, Haley panicked when they came out in the second half. He should have stuck to the game plan and ran the ball. He came out in the two-minute offense which is extremely easy to plan for. I'm not ready to give up on them yet but if they don't play well next week, I'm going to plan on not wasting my Sundays this year.

I never got the feeling that todays game plan was to run the ball.

Halfcan
09-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Worse Opening loss in team history-worst loss in 35 years=Worst Game Ever played at Arrowhead...

He should be asked to step down immediately!!!!

SNR
09-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I'll be honest... I'm leaning towards the Haley sucks bandwagon.

All of Haley's wins have been relatively simple. Ball control, run the ball, don't outsmart yourself, and don't let Cassel beat you. I've never once seen either he or Weis construct a brilliant offensive gameplan. And at this point I think it's because he doesn't know how.

I'm serious. I doubt Haley could gameplan for a successful trip to the toilet. He'd do something stupid like wipe his ass while he's still taking a piss.

Now that being said, he's got the worst starting QB in the league. Period. No doubts about it. That's gotta be difficult for anyone to work around. But if he's been made out to be after 3 years, that shouldn't have stopped him.

Predarat
09-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Who should they hire? Bill Cowher, John Grueden, Tony Dungy, Jeff Fisher, Others?

Frankie
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
I'll be honest... I'm leaning towards the Haley sucks bandwagon.

All of Haley's wins have been relatively simple. Ball control, run the ball, don't outsmart yourself, and don't let Cassel beat you. I've never once seen either he or Weis construct a brilliant offensive gameplan. And at this point I think it's because he doesn't know how.

I'm serious. I doubt Haley could gameplan for a successful trip to the toilet. He'd do something stupid like wipe his ass while he's still taking a piss.

Now that being said, he's got the worst starting QB in the league. Period. No doubts about it. That's gotta be difficult for anyone to work around. But if he's been made out to be after 3 years, that shouldn't have stopped him.

I'm glad you are only "leaning" towards the Haley sucks bandwagon!

Cassel has definitely regressed BTW. You could tell even in the preseason.

Frankie
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Who should they hire? Bill Cowher, John Grueden, Tony Dungy, Jeff Fisher, Others?

Too soon dude.

Bump
09-11-2011, 07:14 PM

yes

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Any of those except Dungy would be fucking fine with me.

BryanBusby
09-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Too soon dude.

For what?

SNR
09-11-2011, 07:24 PM
You know the hilarious part?

Unless Buffalo shocks the world and becomes a good team this year, I doubt we see Chan Gailey stick around next year.

At this point I'd take Chan as the HC over Haley.

KurtCobain
09-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Any of those except Dungy would be fucking fine with me.

This.

BryanBusby
09-11-2011, 07:26 PM
You know the hilarious part?

Unless Buffalo shocks the world and becomes a good team this year, I doubt we see Chan Gailey stick around next year.

At this point I'd take Chan as the HC over Haley.
Ralph Wilson is too fucking senile. All Chan has to do is walk into his suite after the game and say, "Hey Ralph, we did a great job winning the Super Bowl!"

Ralph would smile for a minute and return back to his nap.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-11-2011, 07:42 PM

If we are going to say they overachieved last year (totally agree), then you have to credit the coaching.

I am not absolving Haley of blame, but it is game one. I assume... perhaps hope, it gets better. If not, he will be gone.

KCFalcon59
09-11-2011, 07:43 PM
it's my fault guys. When I go to games for free we win. When I pay for a ticket, we lose. I am never buying a ticket again.

Yep. Should have spent that money on some carpet! :D

Guru
09-11-2011, 08:05 PM

absolutely

Guru
09-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Yep. Should have spent that money on some carpet! :D

If you only knew the stress I am under tonight. About to explode. another dumb accident by one of my kids. I've already told my wife fuck the house. and of course, she is now trying to put together a budget showing me how we can make it work.

I just don't care any more.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-11-2011, 08:08 PM
On my way home from the game, we decided to stop at Best Buy and I shit you not I saw Bill Cowher. Yea I know, kinda weird huh.

KCrockaholic
09-11-2011, 08:09 PM
On my way home from the game, we decided to stop at Best Buy and I shit you not I saw Bill Cowher. Yea I know, kinda weird huh.

LMAO

Bump
09-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Tank the season, not that we would have to try anyways.

Hire Cowher or Gruden

Draft Andrew Luck

we contend every season and probably win a Superbowl in the near future.

luv
09-11-2011, 08:12 PM
We were one of the top running teams in the country last year. Why the fuck didn't we set up a run game.

luv
09-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Tank the season, not that we would have to try anyways.

Hire Cowher or Gruden

Draft Andrew Luck

we contend every season and probably win a Superbowl in the near future.

One game, and people are already drinking the kool-aid.

Rams Fan
09-11-2011, 08:14 PM
We were one of the top running teams in the country last year. Why the **** didn't we set up a run game.

I don't think running when you're down by over 4 touchdowns accomplishes anything.

mcaj22
09-11-2011, 08:15 PM
We were one of the top running teams in the country last year. Why the **** didn't we set up a run game.

because they have the best NT in the entire league and he was throwing people around like rag dolls

luv
09-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't think running when you're down by over 4 touchdowns accomplishes anything.

When did we run it before we were down that far?

WhiteWhale
09-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm not ready to throw Haley under the bus, but this game didn't do him any favors. I never like being a reactionary person just saying shit cos I'm all emotional at the moment. I was withholding judgement on his bizarre preseason regimen until I saw how we performed today. Needless to say he gets an F for preparing this team for the season. That was embarrassing.

I wasn't shy about who I wanted to hire, but I wasn't posting here. I wanted Jim Schwartz. I don't know how that would have worked out, but I keep a close eye on detroit. I'm pulling for them to do well.

Haley wasn't even in my top 3, but I wasn't pissed when we hired him. I've been up and down on him. He has his good qualities, and he has his bad qualities. I'm still not entirely decided on what I think of him.

milkman
09-11-2011, 08:18 PM

It takes the ball out of Matt Cassel's hands.

InChiefsHell
09-11-2011, 08:20 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, and I'm a little drunk, but that was one of the worst, most embarassing pieces of shit football games I've ever seen. seriously, that was total shit. Nothing good to say at all. didn't see that coming. Gonna be a long season. Going for another bourbon.

Fucking Chiefs.

mcaj22
I'm not ready to throw Haley under the bus, but this game didn't do him any favors. I never like being a reactionary person just saying shit cos I'm all emotional at the moment. I was withholding judgement on his bizarre preseason regimen until I saw how we performed today. Needless to say he gets an F for preparing this team for the season. That was embarrassing.

I wasn't shy about who I wanted to hire, but I wasn't posting here. I wanted Jim Schwartz. I don't know how that would have worked out, but I keep a close eye on detroit. I'm pulling for them to do well.

Haley wasn't even in my top 3, but I wasn't pissed when we hired him. I've been up and down on him. He has his good qualities, and he has his bad qualities. I'm still not entirely decided on what I think of him.

youll get to keep a close eye on Jim Schwartz next week when he and Gunther shit all over the Chiefs.

Stafford to Megatron WITHOUT Berry and having bums like Sabby Piscitelli, McGraw and Lewis back there is going to be UGLY

Also their stupid white TE that was doing a zorro dance after he caught a touchdown today, he's going to own us too.

It's actually really depressing how unprepared this team was today. There was realistically only TWO unprepared teams that look like they are not ready for the season, Chiefs and Colts. Colts fans shouldnt be crying because they have had the last decade+ of consistent success.

Steelers will recover. But every other team, sloppy or not, played their competition at least competitively.

WhiteWhale

I think running the ball down 13 early in the 3rd is something that is obvious when you have an electrifying player like Charles.

You still have HALF a game to make up two scores. No reason to put the game on Cassel's back that early. Putting games on his back is something I'd like to avoid entirely.

milkman
09-11-2011, 08:21 PM

This forum was full up with those that wanted Shwartz, and I also really wanted to take a look at Ron Rivera.

KCrockaholic
09-11-2011, 08:24 PM
This forum was full up with those that wanted Shwartz, and I also really wanted to take a look at Ron Rivera.

Jim Shwartz was my #1 option. Then Haley 2nd. I'm not saying to cut Haley's head at all yet. I think he needs to quit playing favorites, and quit bringing in guys just because he knew them once, or because he used to coach a certain player. That shit rarely works. Yeah it worked with Dick, but these guys Todd brings in from his old teams are worthless. Maybe besides Breaston.

Anyways, I'm still on the Haley bandwagon for now.

Count Zarth
09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Anyone who wanted Schwartz should slow their roll, because he would have up and retained Gunther, and fuck that.

HemiEd
09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Those checkdowns are murder. He simply cannot seem to find sufficient confidence to heave the damn thing downfield.

FAXOther than the problems already mentioned, Cassel continued to stare down his primary receiver today.

I am beginning to doubt he can ever get over that, kind of like a dog that gets in the chicken coupe, and eats the eggs.

The only cure is anti freeze.

KCrockaholic
09-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Anyone who wanted Schwartz should slow their roll, because he would have up and retained Gunther, and fuck that.

Ok. Probably true. I still like Schwartz as a head coach as is though. Not a fan of his tag-a-long.

milkman
Jim Shwartz was my #1 option. Then Haley 2nd. I'm not saying to cut Haley's head at all yet. I think he needs to quit playing favorites, and quit bringing in guys just because he knew them once, or because he used to coach a certain player. That shit rarely works. Yeah it worked with Dick, but these guys Todd brings in from his old teams are worthless. Maybe besides Breaston.

Anyways, I'm still on the Haley bandwagon for now.

I am also not ready to throw out Haley, though the decision to promote Bill Muir to OC and playcaller is one I just can not get behind, and, while I thought the concept of the plan was a good one, the execution of the plan wasn't.

luv
It takes the ball out of Matt Cassel's hands.

We had some women down the row from us who kept yelling for Palko. He is our third string, right?

milkman
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Anyone who wanted Schwartz should slow their roll, because he would have up and retained Gunther, and **** that.

Gunther Cunningham, by himself, is a moronic disaster of titanic proportions.

However, with a smart defensive HC holding his hand, the iceberg can be avoided.

WhiteWhale
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Anyone who wanted Schwartz should slow their roll, because he would have up and retained Gunther, and **** that.

I'm not a fan of Gunther at all, but I took it into account. I knew if we hired him, gun was staying and I didn't really want that.

Even with that fact in mind I still thought he was the best option at the time we were looking. As I said, it's all in hypothetical land now. He was just the coach I liked.

Gunther Cunningham, by himself, is a moronic disaster of titanic proportions.

However, with a smart defensive HC holding his hand, the iceberg can be avoided.

This was my feeling as well.

Still, I'm not writing off Haley and trying to play an "I told you so" Card. Both Schwartz and Haley still have a lot to prove as head coaches.

KCrockaholic
09-11-2011, 08:30 PM
I am also not ready to throw out Haley, though the decision to promote Bill Muir to OC and playcaller is one I just can not get behind, and, while I thought the concept of the plan was a good one, the execution of the plan wasn't.

I don't like it either. I'd rather see Zorn call the plays. Hell even Nick Sirriani. Anybody but Muir or Haley calling the plays. I'm hoping Muir gets that title stripped if he keeps calling plays like a moron.

milkman
09-11-2011, 08:32 PM
We had some women down the row from us who kept yelling for Palko. He is our third string, right?

Define "third string".

If by 'Third string", you mean that is his ceiling, well, you're at least close.

Third string High School JV team.

But sadly, he's our #2, backing up our college #2 quality starter.

KCrockaholic
09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
But sadly, he's our #2, backing up our college #2 quality starter.

Haha. Nice way to think about it.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Fucking fire him.

Haley NOW looks like a crying little bitch w/ his recent and not so recent post game comments directed toward/to the opposing coaches, IMO.

Guru
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
****ing fire him.

Haley NOW looks like a crying little bitch w/ his recent and not so recent post game comments directed toward/to the opposing coaches, IMO.

What did he say today? I couldn't bring myself to listen to it.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 08:41 PM
What did he say today? I couldn't bring myself to listen to it.

no no - not today - toward Harbaugh, hell and even someone else IIRC, NOT named 'McDouchebag.'

He's a buster. -->> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=busta

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 08:44 PM
My opinion of him literally took a shit today. No reversing that, I'll hope for the best and pull for the Braves to ****ing do something in post-season, but come Sundays for the remainder of the season, I will not be planning anything around these Chief games.

milkman
09-11-2011, 08:46 PM
My opinion of him literally took a shit today. No reversing that, I'll hope for the best and pull for the Braves to ****ing do something in post-season, but come Sundays for the remainder of the season, I will not be planning anything around these Chief games.

Finally got your panties bunched up in your ass crack, did ya?

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Finally got your panties bunched up in your ass crack, did ya?

I'm not happy, no.

Went to a bar and bought shitty expensive bullshit bar-food, my girlfriends cable isn't on, as she literally moved this weekend.

So there I sit, watching a frozen Directv screen for a few minutes - finally make it back to her place, bored sick, tune in via web-radio only to find just how shitty we truly are.

decent teams don't get housed by a Bills club in their own backyard, something is mathematically wrong with our organization, and it just sucks to wait MONTHS, for the same ol' song.

I'm really losing interest - yes.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 08:58 PM
And frankly - the Braves haven't clinched jack shit, they're baseball's Chiefs, basically.

They'll be lucky to hold off the Cardinals, much like the Chiefs, they get scared shitless once it comes time to actually 'compete'

boogblaster
09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
if this year goes in the can .. then yes lets start over ..

Deberg_1990
09-11-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm not happy, no.

Went to a bar and bought shitty expensive bullshit bar-food, my girlfriends cable isn't on, as she literally moved this weekend.

So there I sit, watching a frozen Directv screen for a few minutes - finally make it back to her place, bored sick, tune in via web-radio only to find just how shitty we truly are.

decent teams don't get housed by a Bills club in their own backyard, something is mathematically wrong with our organization, and it just sucks to wait MONTHS, for the same ol' song.

I'm really losing interest - yes.

There's always KCs best pro sports franchise: Sporting KC

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 09:02 PM
way to early for this talk....if the team looks as unprepared as they did today for the rest of the season, or even ten games, then we can talk about getting rid of haley. Today was unacceptable. I dont mind that we lost, Its how we lost that really bothers me.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 09:05 PM
if this year goes in the can .. then yes lets start over ..

I'm pretty sure the world will end prior to Chiefs' fans having anything legitimate to celebrate. Fuck it, it is what it is, a shit team in the middle of the Midwest w/ the best fan base in the world that they're not worthy of.

Rexx
09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
This is the kind of loss that probably will cost Haley his job. Granted it's not going to happen anytime soon, but you can't lay an egg like that on opening day at home. It was pretty much consensus that this team would take a step back due to schedule. It appears it may be a bigger step back than many had hoped or expected due to injuries and coaching. I would expect a new coach and new quarterback but not until the 2012 season. I hope they clean house earlier but that's highly unlikely. I've been a Chiefs fan for 30 years and that was one of the most embarrassing games I've ever sat through...absolutely terrible!

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the world will end prior to Chiefs' fans having anything legitimate to celebrate. **** it, it is what it is, a shit team in the middle of the Midwest w/ the best fan base in the world that they're not worthy of.

This in a nutshell...we are srsly too good for this team. lol They dont deserve this type of fanbase.

I feel sorry for the season ticket holders the most...this team looked just as bad, and unprepared like they did this preseason. I would ask for a refund after todays performance.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
This is the kind of loss that probably will cost Haley his job. Granted it's not going to happen anytime soon, but you can't lay an egg like that on opening day at home. It was pretty much consensus that this team would take a step back due to schedule. It appears it may be a bigger step back than many had hoped or expected due to injuries and coaching. I would expect a new coach and new quarterback but not until the 2012 season. I hope they clean house earlier but that's highly unlikely. I've been a Chiefs fan for 30 years and that was one of the most embarrassing games I've ever sat through...absolutely terrible!

it's people like you - I really feel sorry for - the ones that take wallet hits, while trying to watch a quality product that never materializes. Get's old!!! And normally I don't bitch much.

Oh Snap
09-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Ah.

Why did you neg me? You just left a period in the comment section.

I find it funny, that a rams fan, on a chiefs forum, would neg a chiefs fan for something that had nothing to do with him in the first place. Why you fighting other peoples battles?

edit: damn 13 posts per day on an opposing teams message board? Guess that explains a lot. Get a life.

Chiefs4Croyle
09-11-2011, 09:23 PM
If we are going to fire Haley, we should do it right now. A lot of us are already considering this season lost, so why not bring on someone new who can use this season to get used to the program? We would be paid back in dividends over the next few seasons. If we get anyone, my vote is we go after BB. If we can't get him, then maybe pluck Urban Meyer away from retirement

ILChief
09-11-2011, 09:25 PM
And frankly - the Braves haven't clinched jack shit, they're baseball's Chiefs, basically.

They'll be lucky to hold off the Cardinals, much like the Chiefs, they get scared shitless once it comes time to actually 'compete'

The Braves won a World Series in 95 and got there 3 or 4 other times. I'd be overjoyed if the Chiefs won one super bowl and got to 3 or 4 more.

Fruit Ninja
09-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I just want another quarterback. Watching other games and see'ing other quarterbacks throw nice 15-20 yard passes made me sad. Our QB cant do that. Once in a while he will get lucky. Most of the time, its just way off.

Ill go for a fire Cassel first. The team was not prepared today though, not by a long shot. Team has a chance to get better. Cassel doesnt, he's just not a good qb.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 09:28 PM
The Braves won a World Series in 95 and got there 3 or 4 other times. I'd be overjoyed if the Chiefs won one super bowl and got to 3 or 4 more.

yeah yeah - i know not the EXACT same pattern, but the two BOTH get that deer in the headlights look, if they're confronted by a something as simple as a checkers match, if and WHEN it matters.

The Bad Guy
09-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Yeah, who the fuck asked you, bitch.

Fruit Ninja
09-11-2011, 09:31 PM
yeah yeah - i know not the EXACT same pattern, but the two BOTH get that deer in the headlights look, if they're confronted by a something as simple as a checkers match, if and WHEN it matters.

ill settle for 1 and 3-4 any day of the week. Im about to be 35 and going on 0. lol I dont give a fuck if we were the 90';s buffalo bills at this point. This shit is pathetic. My other teams have won and my basketball team has won ALOT. football? fuck, never close.

Epic Fail 007
09-11-2011, 09:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg6JSVdu9qY&feature=feedu he just looks like a drunk old should of been named oc,haleys fault,and fire haley hell hire romeo as hc

4th and Long
09-11-2011, 09:34 PM
New sig. I feel much better.

http://www.myquickhomepage.com/how-to-change-homepage/Down-arrow.gif

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 09:36 PM
New sig. I feel much better.

http://www.myquickhomepage.com/how-to-change-homepage/Down-arrow.gif

Appropriate. Fraud and a legitimate sales-person, at best.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
....w/ stylish hair and a rebel attitude, but he's no more knowledgeable than Herm I'm afraid.

4th and Long
09-11-2011, 09:45 PM
....w/ stylish hair and a rebel attitude, but he's no more knowledgeable than Herm I'm afraid.
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2435/haleydude.jpg

SNR
09-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Opening Statement (on the game): “It’s pretty clear cut, doesn’t need a lot of description. We did the things that if you do them you’re going to get beat, turning the ball over, not stopping the run, not converting third downs, allowing big returns, missing kicks. I am taking 100% responsibility for our team not being able to be ready to go. You can point the finger right at Todd Haley. That being said, I believe in those guys, I really do; I believe in my team and I think we’ve got a chance to do special things. We’re 0-1 in the first quarter of the season; our goal is to win three in the first quarter. We have to get better to do that. Twelve other teams lost today, we made it 13. We weren’t very good. We have to better and we’re going to be better. I believe in their ability to steel their mind and stick together in the face of adversity as a team and that’s what we’re going to do.”

Why do you think the team wasn’t ready? “I just know that we weren’t ready. The Buffalo Bills were better prepared today than the Kansas City Chiefs. The Buffalo Bills were more ready than we were to play today. We’ll be better. We have to be better next week. Today we were not prepared and I’m taking full responsibility for that as I should.”

On offensive play selection, specifically short yardage: “When you play the way that we played, we’ve got to have a better plan across the board; we need a better game plan offensively, defensively, and special teams because there’s not one you can look at and get real excited about. I believe in our guys and I believe that we will come back here and do everything we can to be 1-1 in the first quarter of the season.”

SNR
09-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Haley, I know you're a man of a few words, but you sound worse than fucking Herm. It sounds like you have no fucking clue.

4th and Long
09-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Opening Statement (on the game): “It’s pretty clear cut, doesn’t need a lot of description. We did the things that if you do them you’re going to get beat, turning the ball over, not stopping the run, not converting third downs, allowing big returns, missing kicks. I am taking 100% responsibility for our team not being able to be ready to go. You can point the finger right at Todd Haley. That being said, I believe in those guys, I really do; I believe in my team and I think we’ve got a chance to do special things. We’re 0-1 in the first quarter of the season; our goal is to win three in the first quarter. We have to get better to do that. Twelve other teams lost today, we made it 13. We weren’t very good. We have to better and we’re going to be better. I believe in their ability to steel their mind and stick together in the face of adversity as a team and that’s what we’re going to do.”

Why do you think the team wasn’t ready? “I just know that we weren’t ready. The Buffalo Bills were better prepared today than the Kansas City Chiefs. The Buffalo Bills were more ready than we were to play today. We’ll be better. We have to be better next week. Today we were not prepared and I’m taking full responsibility for that as I should.”

On offensive play selection, specifically short yardage: “When you play the way that we played, we’ve got to have a better plan across the board; we need a better game plan offensively, defensively, and special teams because there’s not one you can look at and get real excited about. I believe in our guys and I believe that we will come back here and do everything we can to be 1-1 in the first quarter of the season.”

You left out all the "uuuhhhh"s. It's not a Haley presser unless he says "uuuhhh" in the middle of every other sentence.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Haley, I know you're a man of a few words, but you sound worse than ****ing Herm. It sounds like you have no ****ing clue.

If I AM on this site raising hell and participating heavily in conversation, than there's a real/legit problem. Trust me, seldom do I get this upset about football.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2435/haleydude.jpg

and that's fucking funny.

4th and Long
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
If I AM on this site raising hell and participating heavily in conversation, than there's a real/legit problem. Trust me, seldom do I get this upset about football.
Or ... maybe, ... just maybe, ... you're just an alarmist. :p

MGRS13
09-11-2011, 09:54 PM
sorry guys I like Haley. If you don't whgich coach do you want Kirk ferentz or Tom coughlin thats your choice. Couglin is going to be fired this year so I would put him at the top of Pioli's list but Ferentz is #2.

Chiefs4Croyle
09-11-2011, 09:57 PM
sorry guys I like Haley. If you don't whgich coach do you want Kirk ferentz or Tom coughlin thats your choice. Couglin is going to be fired this year so I would put him at the top of Pioli's list but Ferentz is #2.

BB or Urban Meyer

</post>
09-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't admit to the media that the guy I fired did my job better than me this week.

MGRS13
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
BB or Urban Meyer

thats just silly. Ferentz or Coughlin, again thats your choice.

Chiefs4Croyle
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
thats just silly. Ferentz or Coughlin, again thats your choice.

We are the Chiefs. We can do better than this

MGRS13
09-11-2011, 10:10 PM
We are the Chiefs. We can do better than this

No. These are the Pioli connections. I'm just looking at this without dreams or Chiefs high hopes. These are the most likly replacements for Haley. If you want him fired this is what you are signing up for. I for one like Haley, but am just curious if lookinf at it realisticly which one of these two guys do you Haley haters think we would be better off with?

Fruit Ninja
09-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Haley, I know you're a man of a few words, but you sound worse than ****ing Herm. It sounds like you have no ****ing clue.

at least he took responsibility. no matter how bad we lost when herm was around, he would say, we prepared the team to play and they didnt get it done. **** herm even worse.

He used to say stupid shit like, i coach, the players play! well he didnt ****ing coach well. He threw everyone under the bus but himself.

Dave Lane
09-11-2011, 10:20 PM
BB or Urban Meyer

Moranic

dirk digler
09-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Clark Hunt gave Haley the dreaded vote of confidence tonight.

FAX
09-11-2011, 11:36 PM

With all respect, Mr. SNR, I disagree.

Herm would have said, "I don't know what happened. I'll need to watch the tape. But, last time I checked I was raised to believe and I always say that those guys need to do better."

FAX

Rausch
09-11-2011, 11:38 PM
at least he took responsibility.

Well, duh.

Who the fuck else would be to blame?...

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2011, 11:39 PM
SR, no shiatsu this morning?

Rausch
09-11-2011, 11:41 PM
I for one like Haley, but am just curious if lookinf at it realisticly which one of these two guys do you Haley haters think we would be better off with?

I think it's time to start looking at that...

Chocolate Hog
09-11-2011, 11:54 PM
A few more trips to the movies would have improved this team.

mikey23545
09-12-2011, 12:09 AM

Well, we all had a reminder of it today.

NJChiefsFan
09-12-2011, 12:36 AM
I am a Haley guy, but he certainly has put himself at risk on his own aside from the crap he can't control. The OC situation, the preseason situation, and the state of the team in general.

Its on him for the team to be ready. I didn't mind his approach, but whether I liked it or not, if it doesn't work, I can't be shocked if it gets him in hot water. Same thing with the offense.

The backup safties are a joke, and they cost us a ton today. That being said, he is the one that decided that we were ok in that catergory, and again, its just for him get get crap for it. Berry injury isn't his fault, fumbles, ect. He has to get this team ready, but these guys played horrible today. This wasn't just the approach. These guys crapped themselves today right along with their coach. Even if the approach wasn't right I don't think it should have resulted in this.

I don't blame him for being scared to throw down the field with Cassel. Thats a crappy hand to have to play. This offense, even last year, has had some bad calls at bad times, and in this enviornment its going to seem even worse. He has just done a lot of things recently to put himself in a tough situation. I don't want him out, going to take more of this for me to feel that way. One thing he could do to make me want him out is to somehow put Palko in for a game over Matt if they actually went in that direction.

Haley looked really bad today but I am not ready to say he should go. Getting harder to have a problem with people that don't feel that way though. This game was over so quick I didn't even have a chance to get into a fury. It was just shock, wtf, and ha this is horrible. I knew we could lose, was worried we would, but like this?

Fruit Ninja
09-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Well, duh.

Who the **** else would be to blame?...

Herm never did

Iconic
09-12-2011, 12:48 AM
I've always noticed cassel never blames him self for anything. Even Vick, who had a better performace then Matt was willing throw himself out there. never Cassel though. Sometimes I don't think he realizes just how much some people hate him and thinks he sucks...

griZZly64
09-12-2011, 12:54 AM
You guys are so dramatic lmao. Hard to take anything serious on this forum. Haley can't play the game. The players gotta pull their own weight.

Fruit Ninja
09-12-2011, 01:07 AM
You guys are so dramatic lmao. Hard to take anything serious on this forum. Haley can't play the game. The players gotta pull their own weight.

This place is over reaction city, but thats what gives it its luster. Its just a damned game. im already over the loss, but Cassel still sux.

xztop12
09-12-2011, 01:25 AM
I dont think you can fire him for the pre-season approach. but i think you can for giving the OC duties to muir

HemiEd
09-12-2011, 04:52 AM
cool thread

Lbedrock1
09-12-2011, 06:13 AM

Well if you look at it like that then you never will put it on Haley. The leader takes to much of the credit and also to much of the blame. I looked at the other games and I have to say we were the only team that looked lost. Ok there were fumbles and mishaps, but they should not have lead to a 41-7 loss. We have been denying for a couple of years now that Cassel is a backup at best. Haley would have been better off developing a young QB while going through the rebuilding stage then to have Cassel. This is Cassel, he make one good play and one bad play. So often the good play is for 21 yards from our owm 25 yard line and unfortuneately the bad play is and interception while we are driving the ball. You can't when like that. We need a QB who has a good good bad ratio with the bad being a incomplete pass not a interception.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2011, 06:15 AM
IMO a head coach gets 3 years and then you evaluate. By the third year the team should clearly be turning a corner, be a playoff contender, and have pieces in place to continue being successful (namely a QB). It doesn't look like Haley will meet those expectations.

As far as people claiming that Haley is stuck with Cassel because of Pioli. I say that if that is true, that if Haley really wanted/wants a different QB but let Pioli dictate the QB position, then Haley is no better than a previous foot shuffling porter and should be fired.

Lbedrock1
09-12-2011, 06:20 AM
I dont think you can fire him for the pre-season approach. but i think you can for giving the OC duties to muir

It is not the play caller it is trusting the leadership role to cassel. The offfensive line seems to to be protecting a little bit better and he was still overthrowing receivers. You have to give the receiver a chance to catch the ball. This team has gotten soft trying to be a finesse team.

Bane
09-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Fuck.....Haley's been force fed washed up,has been/never been left overs from NE and Matt Goddamn Casshole is his field general.....If you think this is all on Haley you should drink gas and eat fire.

Simply Red
09-12-2011, 06:42 AM
I blame the whole organization. I just farted after I typed that.

Steron
09-12-2011, 06:55 AM
One step closer to winning the Andrew Luck lotto.

MahiMike
09-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Did Haley have them ready to play?

No he didn't. I'm Todd's biggest fan but something isn't right with him or the team. He got fat and lost his intensity this summer. Where's the crazy-eyed, spiddle-shouting coach we all know and love? He's gone all Hermesque in his style. He better change back quickly.

Backwards Masking
09-12-2011, 07:29 AM
****.....Haley's been force fed washed up,has been/never been left overs from NE and Matt Goddamn Casshole is his field general.....If you think this is all on Haley you should drink gas and eat fire.

Pioli was in charge of hiring the coach AND the coaches QB. Most of the blame rests there IMO.

NaptownChief
09-12-2011, 07:39 AM
And lets not forget he violated that waitress playing grabass in front of his wife as well. Fire the guy!

HemiEd
09-12-2011, 07:51 AM
at least he took responsibility. no matter how bad we lost when herm was around, he would say, we prepared the team to play and they didnt get it done. **** herm even worse.

He used to say stupid shit like, i coach, the players play! well he didnt ****ing coach well. He threw everyone under the bus but himself.

Exactly, I hated the fuckhead for that, and Haley is refreshing in that respect.

No doubt Chan Gailey had circled this day when he saw the schedule, and put 100% effort into embarrassing Haley. The turnover to start the game was all they needed, it was huge.

Why is this team turning the ball over so much now? Cocky and arrogant? Don't need to pay attention to the fundamentals? That is on Haley.

gblowfish
09-12-2011, 08:29 AM
I blame the whole organization. I just farted after I typed that.

Thanks for coming!

whoman69
09-12-2011, 09:52 AM

No. No Super Bowl winning coach has ever won a Super Bowl with another team. I don't think they can ever give that type energy again.

whoman69
09-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Herm would not have taken responsibility. Someone would have gone under the bus.

lcarus
09-12-2011, 10:42 AM
I blame Pioli first and foremost. Even if you think Haley and Cassel should be selling tires somewhere in Dayton Ohio (which I won't disagree with at this point), Pioli was the one who was given the keys to the Chiefs kingdom, and what does he do? He brings in Todd Haley. That was his guy. He gives Matt Cassel an 80 million dollar contract. He drafts Tyson Jackson with our #3 overall draft pick. This isn't what we brought Pioli here to do. Those are fail moves. Big time fail moves. The good players we have on this team....Charles, Flowers, Hali, Carr, DJ, Dorsey...those were players that were already here. The only player he's gotten us that is worth a crap is Eric Berry. And I'm sorry, but that pick was a no brainer. Pioli is to blame here. His plan is not working. He's wasted 3 years and we're really no closer to a Super Bowl than we were before. Not at all.

Start Croyle
09-12-2011, 10:47 AM
I was the first person to predict this and I was mocked at the time! (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7825512#post7825512) Now everyone is jumping onto my bandwagon!

Haley decided to play favorites with his Patriots fraternity brothers instead of doing what is best for the team! Well, now his chickens are coming home to roost!

And guess what? I can't WAIT to see him get canned!

lcarus
09-12-2011, 10:51 AM
I was the first person to predict this and I was mocked at the time! (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7825512#post7825512) Now everyone is jumping onto my bandwagon!

Haley decided to play favorites with his Patriots fraternity brothers instead of doing what is best for the team! Well, now his chickens are coming home to roost!

And guess what? I can't WAIT to see him get canned!

I agree, but it's more than Haley. It's Pioli. Him and Haley are getting their "favorites" from the Cardinals and Patriots castoffs. It's not best for this team. I know everyone was excited that we signed Steve Breaston, because obviously WR was a glaring need. But was he really the best player out there to sign? No. They signed him because of Haley's ties to him from his Arizona days. He's basically worthless to our team at this point.

Start Croyle
09-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I agree, but it's more than Haley. It's Pioli. Him and Haley are getting their "favorites" from the Cardinals and Patriots castoffs. It's not best for this team. I know everyone was excited that we signed Steve Breaston, because obviously WR was a glaring need. But was he really the best player out there to sign? No. They signed him because of Haley's ties to him from his Arizona days. He's basically worthless to our team at this point.

This is right on target. Instead of trying to acquire quality players, we are just digging around in the garbage bin of other franchises trying to find a "steal." Well, it's not working!

Coogs
09-12-2011, 10:55 AM

I know I am probably in the minority here, but I was hoping we would make a run at Plaxico. Watching what he did for the Jets in the second half did nothing to make me feel I might have been wrong.

lcarus
09-12-2011, 11:00 AM
I know I am probably in the minority here, but I was hoping we would make a run at Plaxico. Watching what he did for the Jets in the second half did nothing to make me feel I might have been wrong.

This team still doesn't go after the most talented players. They just don't. There were plenty of talented free agents out there and we had plenty of cap room. Still do. Who was our big offseason acquisition? Steve Breaston? Gregg? McClain? Brandon Siler? These were players that other good teams didn't want (with exception to the Cardinals I suppose). How are we supposed to beat the good teams with the players the good teams GOT RID OF.

Fish
09-12-2011, 11:01 AM
If we are going to fire Haley, we should do it right now. A lot of us are already considering this season lost, so why not bring on someone new who can use this season to get used to the program? We would be paid back in dividends over the next few seasons. If we get anyone, my vote is we go after BB. If we can't get him, then maybe pluck Urban Meyer away from retirement

LMAO... what? "A lot of us"?

Get the fuck out of here....

Epic Fail 007
09-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I blame Pioli first and foremost. Even if you think Haley and Cassel should be selling tires somewhere in Dayton Ohio (which I won't disagree with at this point), Pioli was the one who was given the keys to the Chiefs kingdom, and what does he do? He brings in Todd Haley. That was his guy. He gives Matt Cassel an 80 million dollar contract. He drafts Tyson Jackson with our #3 overall draft pick. This isn't what we brought Pioli here to do. Those are fail moves. Big time fail moves. The good players we have on this team....Charles, Flowers, Hali, Carr, DJ, Dorsey...those were players that were already here. The only player he's gotten us that is worth a crap is Eric Berry. And I'm sorry, but that pick was a no brainer. Pioli is to blame here. His plan is not working. He's wasted 3 years and we're really no closer to a Super Bowl than we were before. Not at all. man i agree with you,now if only clark hunt would see this,I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS,BUT I MISS CARL PETERSON

Rooster
09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
LMAOLMAO

lcarus
09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
man i agree with you,now if only clark hunt would see this,I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS,BUT I MISS CARL PETERSON

I don't know about missing Carl. But I am sorely disappointed with the way things are going with Pioli so far. Maybe I'm wrong and he has a plan, and its still early. But it sure as hell doesn't look like it. People can blame Haley, blame Cassel, blame whatever. But it was Pioli who brought these people here.

Dave Lane
09-12-2011, 11:08 AM
man i agree with you,now if only clark hunt would see this,I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS,BUT I MISS CARL PETERSON

Now I see how you ended up with all that red. Moran.

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2011, 11:08 AM

he wasn't going to do the Chiefs any good.....crappy offense and even crappier QB. I am least worried about someone to throw to and more worried about play calling and the person doing the throwing......and that is just on the offensive side of the ball.

Epic Fail 007
09-12-2011, 11:10 AM
START STANZI ,PUT CASSEL AT 3RD STRING WHERE HE BELONGS

Halfcan
09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I have seen enough of Haley with his stoopid game time gambles, bad clock management , temper tantrums and pussy cat summer camp which he took his players to Movie day instead of working on tackling and and getting the team ready. The Haley era can't close fast enough.

CupidStunt
09-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Anyone that thinks this golf coach is going to lead an NFL team anywhere is a fucking idiot.

Nuff said, really.

Epic Fail 007
09-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Now I see how you ended up with all that red. Moran.

HEY FU WHATS UR DEAL,I DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO U ,AND UR CALLIN ME NAMES,FU GROW UP

Epic Fail 007
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
HELL START BONO OVER CASSEL

Katie
09-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow..I'm amazed at the amount of hatred here...Sure, yesterday was a total disaster, but none of us knows right now that this team won't get better and play to their potential. We're not the only team that looked unprepared yesterday. Putting everyone on the chopping block after one game is unfair. If things don't progress, it's a no brainer.

Let's see how the coaches and players respond before we clean the house.

Molitoth
09-12-2011, 11:36 AM
This teams success/failure lies with the QB. We've been watching scared-y-cat waste the talent around him for too long already.

jd1020
09-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Wow..I'm amazed at the amount of hatred here...Sure, yesterday was a total disaster, but none of us knows right now that this team won't get better and play to their potential. We're not the only team that looked unprepared yesterday. Putting everyone on the chopping block after one game is unfair. If things don't progress, it's a no brainer.

Let's see how the coaches and players respond before we clean the house.

Even if they played to their total potential they are still in the sweepstakes for Luck.

InChiefsHell
09-12-2011, 11:39 AM
The Steelers looked like dog shit yesterday as well. I wonder if Steeler nation is melting down too...

...look, I hated that game yesterday. I do think that Cassel is probably not the solution, but I'm not ready to throw Haley, Pioli and Co. out the door just yet. Like it or not, it'll be a five year deal I bet, so if the Chiefs don't turn it around this year then Haley should be gone but probably won't.

I'm not happy at all, but I'm not going down the "throw everything away" road either.

...and anyone who misses Carl Peterson is either:
Not a Chiefs Fan
or
Carl Peterson himself

That is all.

Katie
09-12-2011, 11:41 AM
On another note, I am sooooo tired of hearing about this at school from every other football fan. Not cool!

InChiefsHell
09-12-2011, 11:45 AM
On another note, I am sooooo tired of hearing about this at school from every other football fan. Not cool!

I hear that. My username says it all today. I'm surrounded by haters anyway. I almost didn't want to come in to work today...