PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Baldwin is the key...for Cassel that is

Buckweath
09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
I still can't believe how awful that playcalling was.

When Baldwin returns to the lineup, I expect him to be the WR2 and within a few games, we'll know for sure and I mean the coaches and Pioli will fully realize if Cassel is to stay here any longer as the starter.

Today, the passing game was all about short passes to Charles, to Pope and McCluster.

With Baldwin (if he can be just decent), Bowe and Breaston as the slot back, it's unthinkable to have the playcalling we had today. Cassell will have to throw downfield and often. We sure did not draft Baldwin to block on screens and short passes.

Then, everyone will know for sure if Cassel can be the starter any longer. Even Pioli who probably has a lot of trouble accepting that Cassel doesn't look good enough will see the obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I've come to think Cassel is just not talented enough but I think with a trio of Bowe, Baldwin and Breaston and the fact defenses always want first and foremost to stop Charles, the truth will be fully told about Cassel.

Count Zarth
09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Cassell will have to throw downfield and often

Sounds like a recipe for success!

notorious
No

Thig Lyfe
The truth has been told about Cassel. Multiple times.

chiefzilla1501
09-11-2011, 07:01 PM

When Baldwin returns to the lineup, I expect him to be the WR2 and within a few games, we'll know for sure and I mean the coaches and Pioli will fully realize if Cassel is to stay here any longer as the starter.

Today, the passing game was all about short passes to Charles, to Pope and McCluster.

With Baldwin (if he can be just decent), Bowe and Breaston as the slot back, it's unthinkable to have the playcalling we had today. Cassell will have to throw downfield and often. We sure did not draft Baldwin to block on screens and short passes.

Then, everyone will know for sure if Cassel can be the starter any longer. Even Pioli who probably has a lot of trouble accepting that Cassel doesn't look good enough will see the obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I've come to think Cassel is just not talented enough but I think with a trio of Bowe, Baldwin and Breaston and the fact defenses always want first and foremost to stop Charles, the truth will be fully told about Cassel.

A lot of those were checkdowns.
And Cassel misfired on a lot of downfield throws.

The playcalling was bad, but I wonder how much of it was due to Cassel taking his safety valve way too often.

DA_T_84
09-11-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm over Cassel.

Today did it.

Buckweath
09-11-2011, 07:02 PM
The truth has been told about Cassel. Multiple times.

Yeah but apparently not to the point that Pioli decides to make a move, trade or draft early or even the coaches start Stanzi already. And let's not forget at times Cassel last year was good enough and efficient.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2011, 07:03 PM

:facepalm:

its the QB who makes the WR's, not the WR's who make the QB. But thanks for playing....

Buckweath
09-11-2011, 07:05 PM
A lot of those were checkdowns.
And Cassel misfired on a lot of downfield throws.

The playcalling was bad, but I wonder how much of it was due to Cassel taking his safety valve way too often.

That's why I'm talking about Baldwin, when he'll be back, it will be totally unacceptable to see Cassel use his safety walve that often.

chiefzilla1501
09-11-2011, 07:06 PM
He's not the guy.

I watched the Saints/Packers game a few days ago. When Brees was off, it was a matter of inches, and even those passes ended up being catchable balls. And his reads were never off. Aaron Rodgers was literally slinging passes inches out of the reach of a defender.

Rodgers and Brees are so pinpoint accurate, that they can hit a receiver on the exact shoulder at the exact time they break open.

With Cassel, you hope he finds the open man. And you hope he can hit a guy between the numbers, let alone to a specific shoulder.

Anyone who watches Cassel vs. the game's greatest will see an insane amount of difference. Who knows... maybe by some miracle, he turns things around. But it seems pretty unfortunately clear that he's just not the QB we hoped he could develop into.

f

Buckweath
09-11-2011, 07:07 PM
:facepalm:

its the QB who makes the WR's, not the WR's who make the QB. But thanks for playing....

Look I'm thinking those coaches and Pioli still believe in Cassel. When Baldwin comes to play and nothing changes at all, I think they will fully understand and make the move needed accordingly.

Okie_Apparition
09-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Cassel & Haley won't both finish the season.
& that's not a stretch to say

notorious
09-11-2011, 07:08 PM
If Cassel could just hit a receiver in stride on a swing pass. That would bring a tear to my eye.

Mojo Jojo
Yep another guy running down field...lets Matt take more sacks.

MIAdragon
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

chiefzilla1501
09-11-2011, 07:09 PM
That's why I'm talking about Baldwin, when he'll be back, it will be totally unacceptable to see Cassel use his safety walve that often.

Two receivers are plenty. You can't ask for a better situation. Our running game is so good and our downfield passing attack has been so shaky that teams are crowding the box. You crowd the box on Aaron Rodgers and he'll put up 500 yards on you.

You shouldn't have to ask for 3 great receivers to get your QB going. I've been patient with Cassel and I like the kid. But Cassel's inability to do anything with the guys he has now is already totally unacceptable.

KCrockaholic
09-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Cassel & Haley won't both finish the season.
& that's not a stretch to say

I disagree. Haley will be here again next year. Cassel will be gone. JMO though. Anything can happen.

HonestChieffan
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
If Cassel could just hit a receiver in stride on a swing pass. That would bring a tear to my eye.

Be easier to draft guys with arms on their back to catch those CasselClassic just behind the receiver passes.

Okie_Apparition
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Finish the season together
one is getting benched

dirk digler
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
I am watching Dez Bryant dominating and sit here wishing we would have drafted him but then I think it would be pointless since we don't have the QB to get him the ball.

notorious
09-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Be easier to draft guys with arms on their back to catch those CasselClassic just behind the receiver passes.

"He throws a catchable ball" /Cassel Ballwashers

The one good preseason game he had he was chucking the ball all over and the receivers were making amazing catches. I had to fight off the Casselbackers that attacked my assessment that his accuracy sucks despite his completion percentage.

JASONSAUTO
09-11-2011, 07:20 PM
I am watching Dez Bryant dominating and sit here wishing we would have drafted him but then I think it would be pointless since we don't have the QB to get him the ball.
Berry is worth more to us...
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I said it in another thread, I don't care how we have to get one, but you can't win in the NFL without a franchise qb. I'm tired of all this Trent Dilfer yes you can shit. I know today wasn't just Cassel shitting the bed, but the oline gave him plenty of time all day and he shit.

lcarus
09-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I said it in another thread, I don't care how we have to get one, but you can't win in the NFL without a franchise qb. I'm tired of all this Trent Dilfer yes you can shit. I know today wasn't just Cassel shitting the bed, but the oline gave him plenty of time all day and he shit.

Also it should be pointed out that Dilfer was a hell of a lot better than Cassel. People always refer to the "teams won the Super Bowl with Dilfer" to explain how its possible to win it all with an average QB. Well, Cassel isn't even as good as him. We clearly have no chance with this dude as our QB.

O.city
09-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm just tired of it. I know everyone says this franchise is cursed or whatever with qb's. Just do whatever we must to get a franchise qb.

I am really not putting as much into Chiefs football or any sports for that matter anymore. It isn't worth it to have a day or week ruined because of a sports team. I will enjoy to watch them and root for a team but i can't handle the let downs anymore.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Ugh. Stop bitching about play calling. The players still need to execute.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2011, 07:35 PM
I disagree. Haley will be here again next year. Cassel will be gone. JMO though. Anything can happen.If Cassel isnt gone, Haley and Pioli should both be gone.

chop
09-11-2011, 07:41 PM

You know, Trent Dilfer was selected with the sixth overall pick in the '94 draft. He never lived up to the draft status but he was not just some QB picked in the 7th round.

Deberg_1990
If Cassel isnt gone, Haley and Pioli should both be gone.

Pioli is good for 18 more years at least....look at this organizations history.

KCrockaholic
If Cassel isnt gone, Haley and Pioli should both be gone.

I can agree with this. Cassel needs to go first of all though. No coaching will fix Cassel.

chop
09-11-2011, 07:45 PM
I watched the Lions today. While watching Stafford, I was thinking that whole time how good it would be if the Chiefs could somehow get a franchise QB.

chop
09-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Off the wall comparison....How many years did it take Bill Cowher to finally come to the conclusion that he could not / would not win the SB with Kordell Stewart. This is what comes to mind when I think about Cassel leading the Chiefs.

Rudy lost the toss
09-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Baldwin won't reach 200 yards

dallaschiefsfan
09-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Off the wall comparison....How many years did it take Bill Cowher to finally come to the conclusion that he could not / would not win the SB with Kordell Stewart. This is what comes to mind when I think about Cassel leading the Chiefs.

Yet some would love for Cowher to be our head coach.

Dayze
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
not fucking way Cassel will be replace/unseated.

crazycoffey
09-11-2011, 08:46 PM
charles needs more carries....

crazycoffey
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Give Brett Favre a call...

Chiefnj2
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM

They need to turn those 1 yard passes into 12 yards on 3rd and 12. Damn them!!!

crazycoffey
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM

while I agree with you in principle on this, Charles had 8 carries for 50ish yards in the first half and only got the ball two more times all game. We are a running team, 18 rushing plays and 36 passing plays is bad play calling....

Barret
09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
while I agree with you in principle on this, Charles had 8 carries for 50ish yards in the first half and only got the ball two more times all game. We are a running team, 18 rushing plays and 36 passing plays is bad play calling....

Crazy, The issue with being a running team is, when you are down 21-7 you have to find a way to pass to get back into the game. Then when it turns into 41 - 7 everyone just gives up.

I am unsure why Cassel was still in there in the 4th quarter. There is no way in hell of coming back from that. Even if you think Cassel is the man for the year and will lead us to the promised land, you don't leave in your starter there in a blow out. He should have been pulled with 8 minutes left or whatever in the 4th.

tredadda
09-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Also it should be pointed out that Dilfer was a hell of a lot better than Cassel. People always refer to the "teams won the Super Bowl with Dilfer" to explain how its possible to win it all with an average QB. Well, Cassel isn't even as good as him. We clearly have no chance with this dude as our QB.

That argument that people throw out is so sad. That is like the "Tom Brady" one for why we never draft a QB high, because Tom Brady was a late round gem. That means we should constantly draft late round QB's hoping they turn into him. We have a great offense in the making. All we really need to do is replace Weigman with Hudson, Lilja with anyone serviceable and Cassel.

BossChief
09-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Stanzi will be the key.

next year... unless Cassel gets his year ended early this year at a point where the staff feels Dick knows enough of the playbook to execute the offense.

Setsuna
09-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I know what will fix your problems. Draft John Brantley from UF and Weis will come back to you I'm sure. :)

Great Expectations
09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
The type of run calls were also stupid. Running a sprint draw with Jones on first down is idiotic.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I wish the Chiefs had 52 more players like Matt Cassel. /The other 31 NFL teams

KILLER_CLOWN
09-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Crazy, The issue with being a running team is, when you are down 21-7 you have to find a way to pass to get back into the game. Then when it turns into 41 - 7 everyone just gives up.

I am unsure why Cassel was still in there in the 4th quarter. There is no way in hell of coming back from that. Even if you think Cassel is the man for the year and will lead us to the promised land, you don't leave in your starter there in a blow out. He should have been pulled with 8 minutes left or whatever in the 4th.

Or it was a brilliant move, if you're trying to stay away from a QB controversy. That was 8 minutes he could have been injured.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Or it was a brilliant move, if you're trying to stay away from a QB controversy. That was 8 minutes he could have been injured.

Tyler Palko isn't starting a QB controversy.

</post>
09-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Is it just me or did we sign an established guy and pay him 5 mil a year to only get targeted twice today?

HE NEEDS MOAR WEAPINS! MOAR RECEIVENRESSHDJ!!!10101!!1!

Iconic
09-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Ugh if we just had four pro bowl hof calibur recievers. It's not cassels fault.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Tyler Palko isn't starting a QB controversy.

Stanzi Wouldn't either, it would be game over for Cassalko!

Pestilence
09-11-2011, 11:11 PM

They figured that if they left Casshole in there....he'd be able to pad his stats and his numbers wouldnt look so bad.

FAX
09-11-2011, 11:18 PM

It takes a special kind of wide receiver to pair with Cassel. I'm sure we can pick up somebody in free agency.

It should be either some kind of flying man/june bug mutant or an earthworm with hands and enough of a head so that his helmet won't slip off. The cool thing is that they only have to run about 3 yards.

FAX

FAX
09-11-2011, 11:20 PM

Scuttlebutt is that Haley was hoping Cassel would suffer a career-ending injury. No game, no pain.

FAX

Hog Farmer
09-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Look I'm thinking those coaches and Pioli still believe in Cassel. When Baldwin comes to play and nothing changes at all, I think they will fully understand and make the move needed accordingly.

And what are they going to move to ? We already traded Thigpen

Buckweath
09-12-2011, 06:47 AM
And what are they going to move to ? We already traded Thigpen

Ok, Cassel no matter what will be the Chiefs starting QB for the entire year, you should have understood that. Next summer, the Chiefs will have to trade up to get a QB that wil compete with Stanzi or they will sign a free agent.