PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lose Like Dallas or Lose Like Kansas City?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
09-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Just curious...as a fan which type of loss is worse? As a team which type of loss is worse? At the end of Week 1, 16 teams will be 1-0 and another 16 teams will be 0-1.

Are blowout losses easier to bounce back from or are cliffhanger's with blown leads easier?

Okie_Apparition
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Chiefs just couldn't get over the hump today

Pawnmower
worse? the way the chiefs lost....easily

Silock
They are both losses based upon incompetence. Doesn't really matter.

The Dallas loss -- you can laugh at.

The KC loss -- you just facepalm.

Is there really a difference?

4th and Long
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Why do we always have to lose? Can't we have a thread about winning?

kcpasco
Well Dallas resembled an NFL team

Pablo
The Chiefs loss; easily.

Getting blown out on opening day at your stadium is much, much uglier than losing a close game away.

Dallas lost to a playoff caliber team.

We lost to the buttfucking Bills.

KCrockaholic
The KC loss is much worse.

Dallas actually looked like an NFL team at times today.

The Chiefs? Looked like they would struggle against BYU.

ForeverChiefs58
09-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Just curious...as a fan which type of loss is worse? As a team which type of loss is worse? At the end of Week 1, 16 teams will be 1-0 and another 16 teams will be 0-2.
Are blowout losses easier to bounce back from or are cliffhanger's with blown leads easier?

because they're 2 x as bad?

WhitiE
09-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Let's see.... Be in it till the end or be out of it from the beginning.

Bugeater
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
There's no good way to lose.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
09-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Losing sucks no matter what don't get me wrong. That said, in lopsided losses sometimes it's easier to just throw everything out with short term memory loss than it is for nail biter where you blew the lead on the road?

The KC loss is much worse.

Dallas actually looked like an NFL team at times today.

The Chiefs? Looked like they would struggle against BYU.

Rain Man
09-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Would you rather lose by decision after 12 rounds, or would you rather be pounded, hit with a chair repeatedly, thrown over the ropes, have your forehead scraped across the mat, be bodyslammed eight times in a row, and then be pulled up by the hair repeatedly at the count of two on the pin so it can be repeated?

Simply Red
Why do we always have to lose? Can't we have a thread about winning?

Yes, Just label it appropriately as 'NFT'

thurman merman
Dallas appeared to be trying, at least.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
09-11-2011, 09:56 PM
ha ha ha, typo.

because they're 2 x as bad?

Chief Spoon
09-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Where I think the Kansas City loss is much worse, there was something creepy about the Dallas loss.

Romo was laughing after the bobbled snap. If that happened to Brady or Peyton, they would have chewed someone out.

Where it is always hard to lose, you want to believe your players care whether or not they win, and I didnt see that in Tony Romo. He just wants his paycheck. That makes me sick

Spott
09-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Losing like Dallas did would piss me off much more. I was over the Chiefs loss by the 2nd quarter.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Where I think the Kansas City loss is much worse, there was something creepy about the Dallas loss.

Romo was laughing after the bobbled snap. If that happened to Brady or Peyton, they would have chewed someone out.

Where it is always hard to lose, you want to believe your players care whether or not they win, and I didnt see that in Tony Romo. He just wants his paycheck. That makes me sick

I think he was embarrassed - Andruw Jones used to do that when he played for Atlanta, when he'd strike out. Or get 'shown up' at anything.

</post>
09-11-2011, 10:00 PM
I pick the one that wasn't a loss of historic proportions for the respective franchise.

</post>
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
In other news, Tony Romo is probably the one QB I feel is as reliable as Cassel when it comes to choking/overachieving. Albeit they do it in different ways and on different levels. Also, one makes me laugh and the other makes me cry.

JD10367
09-11-2011, 10:04 PM
When your team plays hard and loses a close one, it hurts a lot more at the time but in hindsight you can take solace in thinking, "At least the team looks good, with a lucky bounce they win that game, this means we can compete, etc.,."

When your team plays like shit, it's the opposite. It doesn't hurt as much at the time because it's such a blowout, but in hindsight you realize the team might suck and you might be in for a long losing season.

So... close loss, hurts more first and less later; blowout loss, hurst less first and more later.

Okie_Apparition
09-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Either would be better than getting piss pounded by a Josh McDaniels lead Broncos team

Phobia
09-11-2011, 10:22 PM
It's too early to tell. Ask me after the Chiefs play the Lions. They bounce back there and have a good showing then maybe today was a wake-up - a character building loss, if there is such a thing. But they go up to Detroit and lay another stinky egg then losing like they lost today is much worse.

Sometimes bad losses will be a catalyst to something good. Sometimes close losses can really kill any momentum a team may have had. But I think you look at the whole season to see how losses affected the team rather than figuring it out immediately after the loss.

Simply Red
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
It's too early to tell. Ask me after the Chiefs play the Lions. They bounce back there and have a good showing then maybe today was a wake-up - a character building loss, if there is such a thing. But they go up to Detroit and lay another stinky egg then losing like they lost today is much worse.

Sometimes bad losses will be a catalyst to something good. Sometimes close losses can really kill any momentum a team may have had. But I think you look at the whole season to see how losses affected the team rather than figuring it out immediately after the loss.

I'm not trying to piss-match anyone by saying this, you of all people know that.

But, seriously, how many YEARS do we have to do this?!?!? It's been going on since fucking elementary school. It's old.

Okie_Apparition
09-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Cassel has a faster delivery on turf

The Bad Guy
09-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Lose like Dallas is much easier to take. The Cowboys are a good team that played a real good team tough at home.

The Chiefs shit the bed against an awful opponent. They got humiliated.

KcMizzou
09-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Any loss sucks, but they don't come much worse than the Chiefs game today.

lcarus
09-11-2011, 11:03 PM

No loss is a good loss, but if we lost the way Dallas lost, I'd still have a glimmer of hope for our team this season. After how we lost today? None.

Phobia
09-11-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm not trying to piss-match anyone by saying this, you of all people know that.

But, seriously, how many YEARS do we have to do this?!?!? It's been going on since ****ing elementary school. It's old.

I don't know, dude. We're starting to feel how Lions and Bengals fans have felt for decades. It's bad. I don't really have anything good to say about it. There are no excuses. They suck. It's not our fault. We have zero bearing on team performances. Fans pay their money and then get out of the way.

Rausch
09-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Chiefs just couldn't get over the hump today

The Chiefs got out-schemed and out-coached.

We got beaten, SOUNDLY, by a team with much less talent...

Rausch
09-11-2011, 11:36 PM
No loss is a good loss, but if we lost the way Dallas lost, I'd still have a glimmer of hope for our team this season. After how we lost today? None.

If Buffalo is able to absolutely destroy us I'd hate to think how the Steelers/Packers/Patriots/Chargers games will go...

FAX
09-11-2011, 11:45 PM
I've given this situation a great deal of thought before I put it out of my mind with a .38 slug. I'm glad we lost the way we did. I'm glad we lost by 11 million points and were humiliated like a bunch of crybaby weasels with gravel in the anus. It's tons better than losing by 7 or 10 or something. Because, if we'd been defeated by a touchdown or whatever, the coaches could say, "We were in it until the end." or blather out some other meaningless platitude to make themselves and everybody else feel better.

This way, there is no doubt that we were embarrassed and shamed and kicked around like a Chinese crack whore's dachshund. There is nowhere to hide. No score to cower behind. No effort to praise. No moral victory. No rationale. No excuse.

We looked like Rosanne Barr's flabby ass today. People are leaping from their window balconies and I don't want the media to allow the coaching staff or the FO or the ownership team to ever forget it.

FAX

HoneyBadger
09-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Would you rather lose by decision after 12 rounds, or would you rather be pounded, hit with a chair repeatedly, thrown over the ropes, have your forehead scraped across the mat, be bodyslammed eight times in a row, and then be pulled up by the hair repeatedly at the count of two on the pin so it can be repeated?

yep.

BWillie
09-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Come back down to Earth a little bit. Just remember, this team went 11-5 last year. And our young guys should get better. Season is not lost.

Fritz88
09-12-2011, 01:04 AM
I don't know, dude. We're starting to feel how Lions and Bengals fans have felt for decades. It's bad. I don't really have anything good to say about it. There are no excuses. They suck. It's not our fault. We have zero bearing on team performances. Fans pay their money and then get out of the way.

There's no way you bounce back up against Detroit. You can work out a week then expect to beat someone who has been working out for months. This season is going to get uglier.
Posted via Mobile Device

griZZly64
09-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Is it really debatable? Chiefs loss was 10x worse.

Buck
09-12-2011, 02:12 AM
I fell asleep at halftime of the Cowboys game. What happened?

The Bad Guy
09-12-2011, 05:43 AM
There's no way you bounce back up against Detroit. You can work out a week then expect to beat someone who has been working out for months. This season is going to get uglier.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keep beating that drum that the entire team isn't conditioned properly.

I've come to realize, every single take you have, anyone with a functional brain would think the opposite.

Yeah, it's going to get uglier than losing by 34 to a scrub team.

TEX
09-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Much rather lose like Dallas. They were competitive to the end. If I'm gonna go down, I'm gonna go down fighting! The Chiefs were pushovers (Can't say another "P" word to describe them.) They didn't even belong on the field. It's never OK to lose like they did.

TEX
09-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Keep beating that drum that the entire team isn't conditioned properly.

I've come to realize, every single take you have, anyone with a functional brain would think the opposite.

Yeah, it's going to get uglier than losing by 34 to a scrub team.

They're not properly conditioned physically or mentally - and it showed yesterday. But you're correct in that it won't be as bad as being BLOWN OUT by 34 points by a scrub team at home. I doubt it can get any worse in a single instance, but it will get collectively worse as the season goes in terms of L's. Right now they're just 0-1. Next week they'll be twice as bad.

Simply Red
09-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Much rather lose like Dallas. They were competitive to the end. If I'm gonna go down, I'm gonna go down fighting! The Chiefs were pushovers (Can't say another "P" word to describe them.) They didn't even belong on the field. It's never OK to lose like they did.

TEX dropping knowledge and dimes since Y2K!

chris
09-12-2011, 06:23 AM

Rep!

Deberg_1990
09-12-2011, 06:32 AM

I feel pretty much the same. Ive seen many playoff teams start the season off slow and finish strong, so im not giving up hope yet. Lets see how they bounce back next week. Starting to lose faith in Cassel though. No teams respect his arm, and why should they? This grade from Buffalo tells me all i need to know:

Passing game: D

Cassel makes $10 million a year. Give us Fitz any day. Cassel made some poor throws and can't make plays down the field. Of course, he's lacking in weapons.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article553737.ece

Deberg_1990
09-12-2011, 06:43 AM

oh, and this....

There are just as many Pissed off Cowboys fans this morning as there are Chiefs fans.

Alot of them feel the same way about Romo as Chiefs fans feel about Cassel: Will never win anything of significance with them.

Hoover
09-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Dude we got punked in our own house on opening day by a team we were expected to beat.

Dallas, Pittsburg, and Atlanta were all on the road.

loochy
09-12-2011, 07:37 AM
I don't know, dude. We're starting to feel how Lions and Bengals fans have felt for decades. It's bad. I don't really have anything good to say about it. There are no excuses. They suck. It's not our fault. We have zero bearing on team performances. Fans pay their money Find their free stream online and chill at home and then get out of the way.

FYP

Predarat
09-12-2011, 07:41 AM
They both suck balls.

loochy
09-12-2011, 07:43 AM
At least Dallas' loss was funny. It involved blowing a lead, throwing clutch time interceptions, fumbles, unexpected snaps, blocked punts for touchdowns, and hot potato ball toss on the last play. That is funny and entertaining.

The Chiefs loss was just sad. It was complete domination (or submission) from the get go.

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Just curious...as a fan which type of loss is worse? As a team which type of loss is worse? At the end of Week 1, 16 teams will be 1-0 and another 16 teams will be 0-1.

losing is losing.....but I bet Dallas fans have far more hope that Dallas will win some games down the road......Dallas lost to a good team.

KC lost to a......, well they lost. If they had played the Jets the score would have been 77 to 7.

wazu
09-12-2011, 07:49 AM
I feel like the Dallas game would be much harder to take. Dallas might actually be a good/contending team this year. They almost pulled off a huge win on the road to kick their season off, but instead saw it fall apart to start them at 0-1.

The Chiefs are bad. I had no illusions prior to yesterday that they would contend for anything meaningful this year. Best case scenario was .500 when I was feeling optimistic, which is pretty much what I say about the Royals every year. Yesterday we watched the Chiefs get manhandled by a much better team. If they lined up and played that game 5 more times, I would expect the same result.

TEX
09-12-2011, 07:58 AM
At least Dallas' loss was funny. It involved blowing a lead, throwing clutch time interceptions, fumbles, unexpected snaps, blocked punts for touchdowns, and hot potato ball toss on the last play. That is funny and entertaining.

The Chiefs loss was just sad. It was complete domination (or submission) from the get go.

Bet it was pretty darn FUNNY to Bronco, Raider, Charger, and Bills fans...

Bearcat
09-12-2011, 07:58 AM
If it was between the 31-0 loss to the Chargers last year and the Cowboys/Jets last night, I'd take the Chiefs/Chargers... but, the Chiefs were already 8-4 and even had Cassel started, it just wouldn't have been a huge deal.

Between yesterdays games though, I'd rather have a Cowboys-type loss... while I wouldn't be that surprised to see the Chiefs win next week, just with how the NFL is these days, it would have been nice to watch a team that was at least prepared to play a regular season game.

WV
09-12-2011, 07:59 AM
I remember the Dallas loss and it did suck that they lost that way, but i have no recollection of our game at all. Its almost as if we didnt play a game.