PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs passing?

God of Thunder
09-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Curious question here......

But why does it seem like the Chiefs have very few passing plays to where the receiver is actually on the run when he catches the ball? I am not talking about those screens to Charles or anything, but it seems (to me) that most of our passes to our WR's are almost always where the receiver has to stop and turn, and then wait. Anyone wonder if it's due to Cassel's inaccuracies or do you think that our offense is really that poorly designed?

Bump
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
because Cassel sucks and so does the playcalling

Bugeater
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
It's all of the above, plus a bunch of other shit.

4th and Long
09-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Chiefs passing?
I thought the entire team died when I read the thread title. *whew*

Molitoth
Cassel can't hit a stationary target, let alone a moving one.

Iconic
Bill motherfucking Muir

Rain Man
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
This is a really good question. I was impressed with how fast Buffalo's intermediate pass plays occurred. Fitzpatrick would go back and launch a pass before the rush could get him, and the Bills receiver was 20 yards downfield when it arrived, and on the run.

Our pass plays didn't do that.

thurman merman
09-11-2011, 10:02 PM

+1

Chief Spoon
09-11-2011, 10:06 PM
It would require a quarterback whose throws aren't out ran by their receivers.

Okie_Apparition
09-11-2011, 10:21 PM
ONly one of Cassel's balls were batted down today
progress, he's only 6' 5"

rico
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I thought the entire team died when I read the thread title. *whew*

My initial thought was that they wanted to bring it to our attention that the Chiefs have been passing gas. I was about to be all like, "tell us something we don't know! A$$ goblin!!!" Then I read the post and realized that it was about the Chiefs passing gas and passing the football simultaneously.

acarter25
09-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Its like night and day watching NY and DAL. Everything looks so much more in rhythm, really with both teams. Amazing what good play calling and a QB who belongs starting can do.

</post>
09-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I think it's because Matt targets receivers that only run 5 yards while taking a million years to throw. Distance over time FTW!

NWTF
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Bill mother****ing Muir

Haley preferred Muir over Weiss.

Okie_Apparition
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
They phone in & eat Jimmy Johns while waiting for the wind up

Iconic
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM
I've always wondered this myself though in todays game when matt finally started to throw downfield he got an interception on his third attempt.... Funny how that turned out.

KC Tattoo
09-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Bull shit :cuss: / Goal post

btlook1
09-11-2011, 10:52 PM
What get's me is how we need 10yards for a first down yet we throw a 3 yrd pass....when the f*** are we going to get over that crap and throw it downfield?????

lcarus
09-11-2011, 11:01 PM
What get's me is how we need 10yards for a first down yet we throw a 3 yrd pass....when the f*** are we going to get over that crap and throw it downfield?????

Seems like we've been doing that forever. I guess that's just part of Chiefs football. I don't know. **** me.

JASONSAUTO
09-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Gas?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
09-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I watched a rookie QB who played in the most simple offense ever in college look 100x more poised in the pocket and drive through throws.

The problem is our limited QB.

Molitoth
09-11-2011, 11:16 PM
It's too bad that Cassel's stat sheet always somehow looks a lot better than the 'ol Eye Test. The football idiots actually believe the guy is somewhat of a good QB.

FAX
09-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Military Intelligence.
A Fine Mess.
Original Copy.
Chiefs Passing.

FAX

Ace Gunner
09-11-2011, 11:38 PM
This is a really good question. I was impressed with how fast Buffalo's intermediate pass plays occurred. Fitzpatrick would go back and launch a pass before the rush could get him, and the Bills receiver was 20 yards downfield when it arrived, and on the run.

Our pass plays didn't do that.

and so, what - you and others here want me to believe Haley designed ALL passing plays where guys stop in their route? No way. There some, but those are very obvious designs, like fades, hooks and hitches. The Chiefs do run all of those, but not all the time.

Let's take that shallow slant Bowe ran, where he dropped the pass. The ball needed to be in front of him where he could burst to and through it. But it was right on him and he slowed his step slightly and turned to catch it. He should have caught it, but split second he devoted to catching the ball was much shorter than the second he took afterward bracing himself for a hit from the safety. He needs to take advantage of the fact he has a "defensless WR" rule protecting him there. Dumb.

But getting back to this, Cassel is not getting the ball out on time at all and timing effects placement in football, which effects striding and the phase of the moon.. hell, Matt Cassel might miss the end of the world he's so god damn slow.