PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

HemiEd
10-07-2011, 12:20 PM
I'll miss you guys. I want Mizzu to stick around so I might be bias, but I really think MU fans will regret the move. I'm sure you'll hear "wait for the new recruits to come through that we'll be getting" as an excuse for being in the bottom 1/2 of the conference for awhile, but eventually that will fade and it will just be a bunch of pissed off people.

Meh, it is not totally unfamiliar territory to them. They have been there before, for an extended period of time. How about them 86 to 92 Tigers!

http://www.big12sports.com//pdf5/134783.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Because you guys have made that leap into the elite levels - MU hasn't and they damn sure won't picking on KU, ISU and K-State every year.

If I were OU, I'd absolutely rather have the easier path the the National Championship game (though I'd argue the reason you get your asses kicked in said game is because you aren't being tested enough, but that's a tangent). You guys are already as 'developed' as a program as you're going to be; now its just a matter of winning.

But MU still has a ways to go before they can get to that level. The best chance of getting there and continuing to develop the program is by taking the program during one of the most successful and stable times in its history, and stepping up its level of competition.

You seem willing to be patient with the process. Do you feel most MU fans will be patient with the process or will they be calling Alden and Pinkel's head for making THIS move after 1 or 2 years? It's like getting a new QB or coach. The first year is a mulligan, but you better damn sure show signs of progress in year 2 or the fans will be bitching.

|Zach|
10-07-2011, 12:22 PM
You seem willing to be patient with the process. Do you feel most MU fans will be patient with the process or will they be calling Alden and Pinkel's head for making THIS move after 1 or 2 years? It's like getting a new QB or coach. The first year is a mulligan, but you better damn sure show signs of progress in year 2 or the fans will be bitching.

Pinkel next year. ON THE HOT SEAT. lol.

DaKCMan AP
Here is a couple of Texas kids that played in the SEC
http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/11/Stafford.jpg
http://www.thefastertimes.com/nflpredictions/files/2011/02/Greg-McElroy1.jpg

How about these current NFLers from Texas? Some of them are National Champions, some of them even gaining MVP honors.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0326/ncf_u_lafell1_200.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/nfl.top.quarterbacks/images/matt-flynn.jpg
http://www.broncoscountry.com/resources/citizen_uploads/photos/32294/photo6506.jpg
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/SEC+Football+Championship+Florida+v+Alabama+zAF0vaMshK9l.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1014/ncf_i_loved_200.jpg

Saulbadguy
Meh, it is not totally unfamiliar territory to them. They have been there before, for an extended period of time. How about them 86 to 92 Tigers!

They really cashed in on that.

eazyb81

So I see Hemi is trying to takeover Wickeddumb's role of weak random trolling without ever providing an interesting comment. Sweet.

Bearcat
10-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Sorry if this has been said, but IMO the best thing for MU would be to force the Big 12 back into 2 divisions where they would spearhead the north.

That's the worst option... they used to get pushed all over the field against a team like OU, and they've made big strides and can now at least hang with them. How would going back to ISU, KU, etc; and playing OU once every other year help? At least now, without divisions, they would be facing Texas, OU and OSU every year. Sure, MU will take a step or two back if they go to the SEC, but the best option for any team wanting to be the best is to play against the best.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 12:24 PM
WVU has 2 BCS bowl victories in the last decade(1 being a win over OU the year Mizzou made it to the CCG). Mizzou?

Didn't - what's your point?

Rich Rodriguez did some great things for the program. When last I checked, he was gone. And it wasn't exactly the prettiest ending down there in Morgantown.

Last season they did a decent job beating on a really awful conference...then their coach got run out of town. Maybe the new guy really is an offensive genius (he has a lot of Leach in him), but I do know that the program has been in a lot of flux recently and this stuff tends to add up.

We shall see.

Pants
10-07-2011, 12:24 PM
The SEC would kill a mediocre STD.

LMAO

kstater
10-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Didn't - what's your point?

Rich Rodriguez did some great things for the program. When last I checked, he was gone. And it wasn't exactly the prettiest ending down there in Morgantown.

Last season they did a decent job beating on a really awful conference...then their coach got run out of town. Maybe the new guy really is an offensive genius (he has a lot of Leach in him), but I do know that the program has been in a lot of flux recently and this stuff tends to add up.

We shall see.

You said "over the last decade Mizzou is a better program or at least on par than WVU"

By any metric they aren't.

Wins over the last decade: Mizzou 77 WVU 88

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 12:26 PM

Without question.

The rest of your post is based on a faulty assumption.

You're grossly underestimating this fanbase, IMO. Oh sure, the people that didn't want to leave to begin with will get riled up immediately (likely fueled by the talk-radio asshats like Kietzmann), but the vast majority of MU fans full recognize what we're getting into here and will react accordingly.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 12:26 PM
I really appreciate the concern from the fans of the other schools. Its nice to have such caring friends in the Big Leftover.

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Pinkel next year. ON THE HOT SEAT. lol.

Todd Haley on the hot seat in 2011 lol

HemiEd
10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
So I see Hemi is trying to takeover Wickeddumb's role of weak random trolling without ever providing an interesting comment. Sweet.

ROFL, just trying to understand where all this football dynasty attitude stems from. It was mentioned KU was the doormat, and their current record is the exact same as the Tigers.

So, if you aren't slobbering all over the Mizzou cock, that is trolling?

Frazod
10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Moral victory!!! http://goemaw.com/forum/Smileys/goEMAW/Excited.gif

Moral victories suck. Real victories rock. We'll be picking one up this Saturday.

kstater
10-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Moral victories suck. Real victories rock. We'll be picking one up this Saturday.

Likely by 2 TD's.

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Without question.

The rest of your post is based on a faulty assumption.

You're grossly underestimating this fanbase, IMO. Oh sure, the people that didn't want to leave to begin with will get riled up immediately (likely fueled by the talk-radio asshats like Kietzmann), but the vast majority of MU fans full recognize what we're getting into here and will react accordingly.

If you say so man, but to use another anaology as a Royals fan I would not be happy about a move to the AL East. Right now the SEC is like dating that new chick that can do no wrong. The endorphins are bouncing around in the brain and she is the only one for you, but eventually you are hitting doggie style and she rips a big one right in your grill and you start thinking damn my ex never did that to me. The SEC will eventually rip one right in MU's grill.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 12:31 PM
You said "over the last decade Mizzou is a better program or at least on par than WVU"

By any metric they aren't.

Wins over the last decade: Mizzou 77 WVU 88

Again the Big East is a glorified MAC - counting win totals doesn't really floor me.

They're comparable programs. Go talent for talent down the respective rosters over that time period and I don't see how you can disagree. Then when you consider the upheaval and scandal at WVU that hasn't hit MU, I'm more than happy standing MU's program up to WVUs.

Rooster
10-07-2011, 12:34 PM
ROFL, just trying to understand where all this football dynasty attitude stems from. It was mentioned KU was the doormat, and their current record is the exact same as the Tigers.

This is what I have always wondered too.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 12:36 PM
If you say so man, but to use another anaology as a Royals fan I would not be happy about a move to the AL East. Right now the SEC is like dating that new chick that can do no wrong. The endorphins are bouncing around in the brain and she is the only one for you, but eventually you are hitting doggie style and she rips a big one right in your grill and you start thinking damn my ex never did that to me.

Same analogy - do you think the Rays would've developed like they have from the AL Central?

I really don't.

Those boys have been fire hardened over there. A guy like James Shields simply wouldn't have become what he is today had he not gone through the wars in the AL East.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 12:38 PM
This is what I have always wondered too.

Establish it.

Show us all where MU fans have been claiming MU is a dynasty program.

I think every single MU fan in this thread will acknowledge that we are nowhere near a dynasty program, but that we're having a nice run of success of late and hope to become a consistently successful program going forward.

I know there's a lot of asshurt from the KU and K-State fans around here so they're erecting straw-men to make themselves feel better, but by all means, go ahead and show us all where MU fans have made themselves out to be Alabama.

DaKCMan AP
As an OU fan I guess I still don't get it. I'm perfectly happy in the Big 12 where we can get a national title game every 3 years or so then trying to run the gauntlet that is the SEC. Eventually they will win a few of those games and let's say Stoops ends up 3-5 in title games. I'll take that all day long.

At your current rate it'd be more like 2-6 or 3-9 than 3-5. If the Big XII doesn't expand and the ACC, Big 10, Pac 12 and SEC do, then your road to the title game will be much more difficult without a conference championship game.

WV gets most of its talent from their local base, i.e Ohio,Maryland,Penn, VA. Its not the type of kids that build programs. Or you wouldnt have needed to ask which was better.

Really?

Kids like Noel Devine, Geno Smith (their current starting QB), Stedman Bailey (their starting WR), Ivan McCartney (their #3 WR), Jorge Wright (their starting NT), Eain Smith (their starting safety). They don't matter to the program. :rolleyes:

Pants

It all stems from the old arguments we used to have how KU is a BB school. Naturally, MU fans would all start clamoring about how they're a "football" school. In reality, though, MU is just a school. One that is mediocre in both sports and severely lacking trophies.

Is MU football better than KU football right now? Obviously. Is MU more valuable to other conferences? Yes.

So they got that going for them.

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Same analogy - do you think the Rays would've developed like they have from the AL Central?

I really don't.

Those boys have been fire hardened over there. A guy like James Shields simply wouldn't have become what he is today had he not gone through the wars in the AL East.

Yeah, I think they would have. They play so many other teams outside of the divison it's not like you wouldn't be tested against other very good teams regardless of what division you are in. But when you start out at such a disavantage it would be nice to not be in a division with team with the biggest advantage in the sport.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 12:40 PM
It all stems from the old arguments we used to have how KU is a BB school. Naturally, MU fans would all start clamoring about how they're a "football" school. In reality, though, MU is just a school. One that is mediocre in both sports and severely lacking trophies.

Is MU football better than KU football right now? Obviously. Is MU more valuable to other conferences? Yes.

So really it all gets back to KU's complete inability to discuss anything without yacking about basketball.

Got it.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I think they would have. They play so many other teams outside of the divison it's not like you wouldn't be tested against other very good teams regardless of what division you are in. But when you start out at such a disavantage it would be nice to not be in a division with team with the biggest advantage in the sport.

And that's where the analogy is a little flawed.

Well, MLB also has a playoff system in place where the ability to sneak in through weak competition and catch fire is a pretty big deal - you don't have that in CFB.

In basketball you may be right (witness Memphis), but I think in major college football you want to be playing against the best as often as you can. That's how you'll improve your program to the point that every 5-6 years you may actually have that legitimately excellent team.

Pants
10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
So really it all gets back to KU's complete inability to discuss anything without yacking about basketball.

Got it.

Relax, man. It doesn't get back to anything. You think we're building a strawman and that's fine. I don't care enough to go search for posts to prove you wrong. MU fans think that the Tigers are a football power. It is what it is.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Relax, man. It doesn't get back to anything. You think we're building a strawman and that's fine. I don't care enough to go search for posts to prove you wrong. MU fans think that the Tigers are a football power. It is what it is.

In other words "I got nothing"

And you said Rams Fan was bad at this...

DeezNutz
10-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Power? No. But Pinkel has developed a very good program. This is much is indisputable, IMO.

As I've said a number of times, MU should be a perennial top-25 team. That's where my expectations are at this point in the program's development. Elite? Not close. But very solid.

Pants

Like I said, man, I don't really care enough to go back and look for posts from the years past.

ArrowheadMagic
Really?

Kids like Noel Devine, Geno Smith (their current starting QB), Stedman Bailey (their starting WR), Ivan McCartney (their #3 WR), Jorge Wright (their starting NT), Eain Smith (their starting safety). They don't matter to the program. :rolleyes:

Yeah really, they built their program with PA kids. Devine was an exception, but not really a program builder. But carry on if you must.

|Zach|
10-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Acting dumber than he actually is and defending Wickedson can be an exhausting existence for Pants.

Frazod
10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
How much longer until we need a third conference re-alignment thread?

Mr. Laz
10-07-2011, 12:48 PM

Got it.you can say the same about MU and football

DeezNutz
10-07-2011, 12:50 PM

About 10 more Wickedson posts.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 12:50 PM

There is no such thing as a "basketball school". All "basketball school" means is that your football team sucks. There are no schools with consistently good football teams that consider themselves "basketball schools".

Florida has won as many basketball titles in the last decade as KU has won in school history. Florida doesn't give a shit about basketball.

DaKCMan AP
10-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah really, they built their program with PA kids. Devine was an exception, but not really a program builder. But carry on if you must.

WVU's roster has 19 kids from FL and 12 from PA.

Discuss Thrower
10-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Florida has won as many basketball titles in the last decade as KU has won in school history. Florida doesn't give a shit about basketball.

Boom. Headshot.

Saulbadguy
10-07-2011, 12:53 PM
There is no such thing as a "basketball school". All "basketball school" means is that your football team sucks. There are no schools with consistently good football teams that consider themselves "basketball schools".

Ouch. Killshot.

DaKCMan AP
10-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Florida has won as many basketball titles in the last decade as KU has won in school history.

That would have been correct prior to 2008.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 12:54 PM

As soon as the MWC starts accepting offers from the Kansas schools, I suppose.

Pants
10-07-2011, 12:55 PM

Yes, this has been brought up before. I think UK, UNC, Duke, KU would consider themselves basketball schools even if one should win 2 National Championships in football back to back in 2015 and 2016.

But I agree, football is by far the #1 sport.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 12:55 PM
you can say the same about MU and football

We are in a conference realignment thread and conference realignment is almost exclusively football oriented.

If MU fans start yacking about football during the annual NCAA tournament thread, feel free to chastise them for it, otherwise you're just talking out your ass.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Yes, this has been brought up before. I think UK, UNC, Duke, KU would consider themselves basketball schools even if one should win 2 National Championships in football back to back in 2015 and 2016.

If the Lakers win back to back Super Bowls, they will still consider themselves to be a basketball team. That's not going to happen, though.

Football schools can win basketball championships. Basketball schools don't win football championships.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 01:01 PM
That would have been correct prior to 2008.

It still is. KU has 2.

kstater
Football schools can win basketball championships. Basketball schools don't win football championships.

What is Missouri then?

DJ's left nut

Duke - probably. KU - definitely.

UNC - remember the couple of years where they were in a down period (between Smith and Roy, IIRC)? They had a pretty good football program around that same time and suddenly you started to see some UNC pride in the football team. If UNC had both a contender in football and a contender in basketball - I think they'd become a 'football school' real quickly.

KY - Same story. They started to get a little uppity when they had that fat shit, lefty quarterback that won them a few games and the post-Tubby era wasn't going gangbusters for them.

Saul's right - with very few exceptions, a 'basketball school' will turn football school in a hurry if the football team is winning.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 01:08 PM
What is Missouri then?

Missouri is a school with a good basketball team and a good football team. Therefore, MU fans care much more about football. This isn't that difficult.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-07-2011, 01:09 PM
It still is. KU has 2.

3 in the NCAA tournament era (1952, 1988, 2008). 2 in the pre-tournament era (1922, 1923).

Pants
10-07-2011, 01:09 PM
If the Lakers win back to back Super Bowls, they will still consider themselves to be a basketball team. That's not going to happen, though.

You don't think UNC could ever get a Garry Patterson and sneak in a couple NCs? Ever? Snyder almost did it with ****ing K-State. Look, I'm not arguing here that should a school have a rich tradition in both sports it would consider itself a basketball school over a football one. But a school's history definitely plays a huge part in how the fans perceive things. If KU had a top 25 football program for the last 10 years, we would still be calling ourselves a basketball school today.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I wish they wouldn't be breaking up all the conferences and the rivals. But I understand it. Sad pants.

Pants
10-07-2011, 01:13 PM
3 in the NCAA tournament era (1952, 1988, 2008). 2 in the pre-tournament era (1922, 1923).

It's not even about the NCs, it's about history and tradition.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 01:14 PM

How's that explain Duke?

Chiefs Pantalones

I know, I was just correcting him. If you wanna talk history and tradition, KU has it. There's no denying that. And I agree with you. Because of that, we'll always be known as a basketball school even if we get a top football program.

Chocolate Hog
What is Missouri then?

Same as K-State.

Rooster
10-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Same as K-State.

That's actually a pretty fair statement.

ChiTown
10-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Same as K-State.

Bo, did you get your degree from UNL? Just curious, because I'm not sure I ever heard one way or the other.

Pants
10-07-2011, 01:20 PM
How's that explain Duke?

Coach K's legend, I guess? I don't know.

Do you consider UCONN to be on par with Duke? I don't. Duke has been a constant powerhouse since we were able to understand what sports are. UCONN has 1 less NC, but nobody considers them to be the elite year in and year out.

Anyway, all this basketball talk is giving this thread HPV.

Chocolate Hog
10-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Bo, did you get your degree from UNL? Just curious, because I'm not sure I ever heard one way or the other.

Negative.

ChiTown
10-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Negative.

10-4

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 01:29 PM
You don't think UNC could ever get a Garry Patterson and sneak in a couple NCs? Ever? Snyder almost did it with ****ing K-State. Look, I'm not arguing here that should a school have a rich tradition in both sports it would consider itself a basketball school over a football one. But a school's history definitely plays a huge part in how the fans perceive things. If KU had a top 25 football program for the last 10 years, we would still be calling ourselves a basketball school today.

Name 1 school with a consistently good football team that considers itself a basketball school.

I would submit that there are around 30 schools that are consistently good in football. If you're right, at least 1 of them should be a basketball school.

Pants
10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Name 1 school with a consistently good football team that considers itself a basketball school.

I would submit that there are around 30 schools that are consistently good in football. If you're right, at least 1 of them should be a basketball school.

Are there schools that have a rich basketball tradition that are consistently good in football?

There aren't any. I still maintain my previous statements, though. Tradition determines how a fanbase views itself. Is there a school with a rich basketball tradition that doesn't consider itself as such? I would submit that should a school with a rich basketball tradition become a perennial top 25 program in football, it would still consider itself to be a basketball school.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Are there schools that have a rich basketball tradition that are consistently good in football?

There aren't any. I still maintain my previous statements, though. Tradition determines how a fanbase views itself. Is there a school with a rich basketball tradition that doesn't consider itself as such? I would submit that should a school with a rich basketball tradition become a perennial top 25 program in football, it would still consider itself to be a basketball school.

Like I said - watch North Carolina whenever they're winning football games.

If they had a program like, I dunno, VaTech's - I think they'd consider themselves a football school. I'm almost certain they would if they had a program like Auburn's.

UCLA, Kansas and maybe Duke are the only schools that wouldn't 'turn', IMO. And if any of those schools had a run of about 10 years where their football program was as successful or more successful than their basketball program, I think they would as well.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 02:16 PM

I would say that Florida, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Pitt, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Missouri, and Notre Dame have all been at least pretty good at both sports in recent history. Do you think any of these schools consider themselves to be basketball schools?

Discuss Thrower
10-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Of that list I could see an argument made for Sparty..

Pants
10-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I would say that Florida, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Pitt, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Missouri, and Notre Dame have all been at least pretty good at both sports in recent history. Do you think any of these schools consider themselves to be basketball schools?

I think Michigan State would probably consider itself to be a basketball school, but I'm not sure. Once again, you're arguing a different side of what I'm trying to say. Either one of Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas or Oklahoma could win every single basketball championship from today till the end of days and they would still be a football school because that's what their tradition dictates. Schools with no real tradition are going to gravitate towards football as it is the more popular sport and is much bigger.

If I'm starting a program today, all my resources would go to football. You won't find me arguing otherwise.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 02:25 PM

If they had a program like, I dunno, VaTech's - I think they'd consider themselves a football school. I'm almost certain they would if they had a program like Auburn's.

UCLA, Kansas and maybe Duke are the only schools that wouldn't 'turn', IMO. And if any of those schools had a run of about 10 years where their football program was as successful or more successful than their basketball program, I think they would as well.

UCLA would turn in a heartbeat.

Its a moot point, though. I say that guys who walk around with feces smeared on their faces don't bang supermodels. Pants says that a if a guy who had feces smeared on his face banged a supermodel, then he probably would keep walking around covered in shit.

That will never happen, though. Duke and Kansas are about as likely to win national titles in football as tubgirl's twin brother is to bang Gisele.

Pants
10-07-2011, 02:29 PM

You could be right, man, I don't know. I think UNC will always be basketball simply because His Airness went there. I think you can put Kentucky in the category of would never turn. Would the fans go nuts if all of a sudden their school was good in football? Of course. Kansas fans did in 2007. They would still be the proud owners of that "Most winning-est basketball program in the history of basketball" though.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Tom Izzo refers to Michigan State as a football school.

Pants
10-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Tom Izzo refers to Michigan State as a football school.

Tom Izzo is a very humble man. But like I said, I wasn't sure about MichSt. Magic Johnson did make them love the sport, though.

eazyb81
10-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I hope ku and ksu send extra nice Christmas cards this year.

ChipBrownOB: Texas agreeing to TCU in the B12 a major concession to rest of league by allowing everyone to recruit DFW even more.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I hope ku and ksu send extra nice Christmas cards this year.

ChipBrownOB: Texas agreeing to TCU in the B12 a major concession to rest of league by allowing everyone to recruit DFW even more.

What?

As though kids in Dallas weren't looking to other XII schools because TCU was in the Big East?

That's just dumb. Good lord, Chip Brown sucks.

eazyb81
10-07-2011, 02:57 PM
What?

As though kids in Dallas weren't looking to other XII schools because TCU was in the Big East?

That's just dumb. Good lord, Chip Brown sucks.

The whole wording of that tweet just shows how f'd up the Big 12 is.

Why the hell is Texas "allowing" TCU in? I thought supermajority is all that's needed? Does Deloss Dodds have veto power over every decision?

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 03:01 PM
The whole wording of that tweet just shows how f'd up the Big 12 is.

Why the hell is Texas "allowing" TCU in? I thought supermajority is all that's needed? Does Deloss Dodds have veto power over every decision?

Mizzou is really really stupid for wanting to leave this conference.

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Of course Chip Brown makes his money off homer Texas fans, of course he is going to say stupid shit like that.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 03:42 PM
There's a rumor floating around that Mizzou has the votes and will be in the East with Arkansas as the rivalry game.

That would mean we would play Florida, Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Arkansas every year plus one other team from the West, I believe.

That's doable. If we can sweep the non-con, and I think we'd schedule patsies, there's no reason we couldn't win 9 games or so with regularity. Florida's the only monster on that schedule, and you never know what's going to happen now that Urban's gone.

It's tougher than the Big Leftovers, but it's not a death sentence.

talastan
10-07-2011, 03:43 PM
There's a rumor floating around that Mizzou has the votes and will be in the East with Arkansas as the rivalry game.

That would mean we would play Florida, Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Arkansas every year plus one other team from the West, I believe.

That's doable. If we can sweep the non-con, and I think we'd schedule patsies, there's no reason we couldn't win 9 games or so with regularity. Florida's the only monster on that schedule, and you never know what's going to happen now that Urban's gone.

I don't care if we're in the East or the West, lets just get the deal done!!!

DaKCMan AP
10-07-2011, 03:44 PM

You forgot Georgia and Florida was good before Urban.

Frazod
10-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Mizzou is really really stupid for wanting to leave this conference.

Nice avatar.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 03:46 PM
I love the thought of going to the East and having a crossover with Arkansas; freakin' love it.

Oh, and if you are salivating at the idea of the SEC - do NOT read Joe Strauss's twitter right now. It's not sunshine and roses.

"Insecurity in its DNA" was his last one.

Seriously, Mizzou, if you blow this, I will seriously fuck you up.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Nice avatar.

Steal away - I couldn't find the one with the tiger slashes over "M.I.Z. - S.E.C." so I went with my best backup option.

It'll do.

Frazod
10-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Steal away - I couldn't find the one with the tiger slashes over "M.I.Z. - S.E.C." so I went with my best backup option.

It'll do.

I like it, but I'm too superstitious to use it until (if?) it becomes official.

/knocks on wood

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Is Tennessee starting to finally right the ship?

DaKCMan AP
10-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Is Tennessee starting to finally right the ship?

Phil Fulmer got lazy and I warned all my Tennessee friends that Kiffin was the ultimate douche. Dooley may do ok there. They still get a top-15 recruiting class every year so if he can coach than they should get better. Their true sophomore QB is pretty damn good but their O-Line is shit.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 03:55 PM
You forgot Georgia and Florida was good before Urban.

Georgia is beatable. They're tough, but they're beatable. Florida was good under Spurrier, down under Zook, up under Urban, and TBD under Muschamp.

Pants
10-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I love the thought of going to the East and having a crossover with Arkansas; freakin' love it.

Oh, and if you are salivating at the idea of the SEC - do NOT read Joe Strauss's twitter right now. It's not sunshine and roses.

"Insecurity in its DNA" was his last one.

Seriously, Mizzou, if you blow this, I will seriously **** you up.

He's saying there's insecurity in MU's DNA? Because of the Big 10 thing? I'm pretty sure this is different, but then again, they were probably sure the invite was there the 1st time as well.

DaKCMan AP
10-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Georgia is beatable. They're tough, but they're beatable. Florida was good under Spurrier, down under Zook, up under Urban, and TBD under Muschamp.

I have a good feeling about Coach Boom.

Georgia needs to get rid of Richt.

DeezNutz
10-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Dear Big Texas:

Dew says.

Suck,
DeezNutz

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 04:03 PM
He's saying there's insecurity in MU's DNA? Because of the Big 10 thing? I'm pretty sure this is different, but then again, they were probably sure the invite was there the 1st time as well.

Yes, and the evidently MU (as an entity) hasn't even completely decided if they'd leave the XII.

It's Strauss essentially saying the same thing the MU fatalists have been saying for months: "We're Mizzou - we will fuck this up"

I sometimes feel that the whole program is little more than a kicked puppy.

C'mon dammit - don't fuck this up. 3/4s of the schools in the country would dream of this shot, don't waffle and blow it.

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes, and the evidently MU (as an entity) hasn't even completely decided if they'd leave the XII.

It's Strauss essentially saying the same thing the MU fatalists have been saying for months: "We're Mizzou - we will fuck this up"

I sometimes feel that the whole program is little more than a kicked puppy.

C'mon dammit - don't fuck this up. 3/4s of the schools in the country would dream of this shot, don't waffle and blow it.

Somehow, I have this fatalist image of Deaton listening to KK and thinking, "you know, this guy is sharp as a tack".

Saul Good
10-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm seeing this rumor coming from 3 independent places. Hope there's something to it.

|Zach|
10-07-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm seeing this rumor coming from 3 independent places. Hope there's something to it.

What rumor?

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2011, 04:51 PM
One of the SEC division rumors I have heard is:

North
Arkansas
Missouri
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Alabama
Auburn

South
Texas A&M
LSU
Ole Miss
Miss St
Georgia
Florida
South Carolina

9 Game schedule and 2 perment divisonal cross overs ala PAC-12.

KcMizzou
10-07-2011, 04:52 PM
.Carolina's 247sports website The Big Spur just published an update to VIP/pay members that basically states:
1. Mizzou does have the votes for acceptance if placed in the East.
2. Alabama is adamant that they not loose their rivalry game with Tennessee.
3. Alabama is also demanding that Auburn not be moved to the West, due to the fact it moves the Iron Bowl to earlier in the season.
4. Article states that with Mizzou in the East, they would get Arkansas as the cross divisional opponent. Carolina, would be paired with Texas A&M.

The BIG news from this update states that the SEC presidents/chancellors will meet this weekend with Commissioner Slive to vote on Mizzou.

For those who are members to 247sports.com heres the link: http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Board/44/Update-on-SEC-Expansion-from-Auburn-USC-related-4739784/1

DeezNutz
10-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Red flags raise when the source states that an institution will not "loose their rivalry game."

Reads like a CP post.

Bambi
10-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Boom. Headshot.

Kansas won the NCAA Football Championship in 1996!

See what I did there?

Posted a completely false statement.

BOOM. HEADSHOT.

Bambi
10-07-2011, 05:02 PM

Get that shit out of the way to make room for more basketball trophies!

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4486/picture1lv.png

Pants
10-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Get that shit out of the way to make room for more basketball trophies!

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4486/picture1lv.png

LMAO

HemiEd
10-07-2011, 06:45 PM

Agreed, but to say the football programs of both of these schools hasn't been cyclic, would be dishonest.
History would show us, both have periods of being door mats, and then getting stronger and more competitive.

Neither has sustained a high level of play for more than a few years.

KcMizzou
10-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Agreed, but to say the football programs of both of these schools hasn't been cyclic, would be dishonest.
History would show us, both have periods of being door mats, and then getting stronger and more competitive.

Neither has sustained a high level of play for more than a few years.What you say is true, but Mizzou should have always been much better than it has been in football. (Due to several factors, including the fact that it's the only major university in a state with two decently large cities.)

What Mizzou's done recently should have been the norm all along. Pinkel, for all his flaws, has built a program. They expect to be good year in and year out. Players know they can come to Mizzou and be drafted highly into the NFL... the expectation is to win. It's a shift in attitude and commitment, and I don't see it going the other way any time soon.

HemiEd
10-07-2011, 07:57 PM
What you say is true, but Mizzou should have always been much better than it has been in football. (Due to several factors, including the fact that it's the only major university in a state with two decently large cities.)

What Mizzou's done recently should have been the norm all along. Pinkel, for all his flaws, has built a program. They expect to be good year in and year out. Players know they can come to Mizzou and be drafted highly into the NFL... the expectation is to win. It's a shift in attitude and commitment, and I don't see it going the other way any time soon.

Yeah, you would think that with size of St. Louis, they would have recruited a lot of talent from that area. I can see both sides of the move to the SEC. Why not stick around and win something on the up stroke?

Mosbonian
10-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah, you would think that with size of St. Louis, they would have recruited a lot of talent from that area. I can see both sides of the move to the SEC. Why not stick around and win something on the up stroke?

Because the deck is stacked in favor of the House (OU and Texas).

And because the House could give a sh** about MU. It has shown in how when MU needed the Big 12 to speak up for us, they got mute.

NewChief
10-07-2011, 08:19 PM

As an Arkansas fan, I do as well. I'd love to head up to Columbia every other year and play. I'd also love to have our town filled up with Mizzou fans every other year. Columbia and Fayetteville are really similar in a lot of ways.

KcMizzou
10-07-2011, 08:22 PM
As an Arkansas fan, I do as well. I'd love to head up to Columbia every other year and play. I'd also love to have our town filled up with Mizzou fans every other year. Columbia and Fayetteville are really similar in a lot of ways.That could be a lot of fun. I look forward to it.

Mosbonian
10-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Columbia and Fayetteville are really similar in a lot of ways.

Yeah...they both have Waltons with homes in them.

KcMizzou
10-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Ummm..lol

EJSports4 EJ Holland
#SMU now in serious discussions with the #SEC

DaKCMan AP
10-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Ummm..lol

EJSports4 EJ Holland

Yeah right.

kcfan82
10-07-2011, 08:33 PM
What you say is true, but Mizzou should have always been much better than it has been in football. (Due to several factors, including the fact that it's the only major university in a state with two decently large cities.)

The big thing Pinkel did was to shut down the borders to Nebraska. We used to ravage your state for players, and he put a wall after he took over.

God damn Pinkel

notorious
10-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah right.

This.

The only thing left of SMU would be a grease spot after a season in the SEC.

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Would you rather have the Shockers win the MVC or finish mid pack in the Big 12?

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Ummm..lol

EJSports4 EJ Holland

Natural fit with paying players. :D

HemiEd
10-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Because the deck is stacked in favor of the House (OU and Texas).

And because the House could give a sh** about MU. It has shown in how when MU needed the Big 12 to speak up for us, they got mute.

Are you talking about the Orange Bowl, when KU went?

Do you think the deck is not in favor of LSU, Alabama and Florida in the SEC?

|Zach|
10-07-2011, 08:59 PM

In that situation it isn't. Merit based bowl slotting.

KChiefs1
10-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Just saw on Tigerboard that Larry Scott is making a play for MU, OU, KU & OSU to join the new PAC-16. Too many rumors out there for me.

|Zach|
10-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Just saw on Tigerboard that Larry Scott is making a play for MU, OU, KU & OSU to join the new PAC-16. Too many rumors out there for me.

TB is a sack of shit. Even for an internet message board. Bunch of retards the lot of them.

DeezNutz
10-07-2011, 09:05 PM

LMAO. Anything to avoid Texas Tech.

alnorth
10-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Saw this on another conference realignment discussion thread when Mizzou to SEC started heating up. Figured some might find it amusing.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/Northjayhawk/WVU-suicide.gif

Mosbonian
10-07-2011, 09:19 PM

That is one of many.....

Sure it is....but they don't run the league like the rest are peasants. That league actually fights for all it's members. In the Big 12 if you are one of the 2 teams playing in the Red River Bowl then you are nothing but 4th class.

notorious
10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Would you rather have the Shockers win the MVC or finish mid pack in the Big 12?

That's a valid comparison.

Guru
10-07-2011, 10:03 PM
OK, so where do we stand now?

Al Bundy
10-07-2011, 10:10 PM
OK, so where do we stand now?

Frazod is a butthurt douchebag.

Frazod
10-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Frazod is a butthurt douchebag.

LMAO

I'm not the pathetic loser twat pissing all over a bunch of fans celebrating a win over team that isn't mine or even in my team's league, you fucking queer. And then your rep comments talk shit about Matt Cassel and the Chiefs? Yeah, that has a lot to with the Cardinals, cock chugger.

My team's heading on to play for a pennant - No. 18 if they win. And yours.... isn't.

I think you've got the market cornered on butthurt, bitch. LMAO

Al Bundy
10-07-2011, 10:32 PM
LMAO

I'm not the pathetic loser twat pissing all over a bunch of fans celebrating a win over team that isn't mine or even in my team's league, you ****ing queer. And then your rep comments talk shit about Matt Cassel and the Chiefs? Yeah, that has a lot to with the Cardinals, cock chugger.

My team's heading on to play for a pennant - No. 18 if they win. And yours.... isn't.

I think you've got the market cornered on butthurt, bitch. LMAO

All I did was compliment Carpenter's performance, and I added that the Cardinals fanbase didn't deserve to have anything to cheer about.

Frazod
10-07-2011, 10:35 PM
All I did was compliment Carpenter's performance, and I added that the Cardinals fanbase didn't deserve to have anything to cheer about.

You were being a complete douche and got called on it. You respond by ripping on the Chiefs, and then top it off by crying about it in a thread about college football.

What a guy.

Wolf amongst sheep? You're more like a girl among men.

Al Bundy
10-07-2011, 10:38 PM
You were being a complete douche and got called on it. You respond by ripping on the Chiefs, and then top it off by crying about it in a thread about college football.

What a guy.

Got "called on it"? By who? By you? You're a moron that even your own fanbase doesn't like. I really don't care what shitbag Cardinal fans say.

Frazod
10-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Got "called on it"? By who? By you? You're a moron that even your own fanbase doesn't like. I really don't care what shitbag Cardinal fans say.

Well, you sure do keep crying about it, girlyman.

And I'm really not sure which "fanbase" you're talking about, but I get along just fine with people here. As opposed to some Floriduh troll with three friends, one of whom is badgirl. LMAO

baitism
10-07-2011, 11:18 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/Northjayhawk/WVU-suicide.gif

Goon spotted!

KC_Connection
10-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Imagine that out of all the ridiculous rumors over the last few weeks that SMU to the SEC one turns out to be true. LMAO

Reaper16
10-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Imagine that out of all the ridiculous rumors over the last few weeks that SMU to the SEC one turns out to be true. LMAOI cannot imagine it. Because it is impossible.

KC_Connection
10-07-2011, 11:34 PM
I cannot imagine it. Because it is impossible.
I imagine impossible things all the time.

mnchiefsguy
10-07-2011, 11:49 PM

This would be a fantastic result for Mizzou.

KcMizzou
10-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I imagine impossible things all the time.Oh, man. So do I...

I could give examples, but I doubt you'd want them.

KC_Connection
10-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Oh, man. So do I...

I could give examples, but I doubt you'd want them.
Nope, but I think I know the feeling.

BryanBusby
10-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Goon spotted!

When you start seeing discussion over the Hennewagon, that's when you know you've spotted an actual goon. :)

kstater
10-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Sitting with the same record as KU, MU is definitely on WVU's level.

Priest31kc
10-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I dont want to go the SEC now.

Bowser
10-08-2011, 05:12 PM
I dont want to go the SEC now.

THE SEC might not want us now.

kcpasco
10-08-2011, 05:13 PM

Lol

Tv markets, can't you people get it through your heads

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-08-2011, 05:14 PM
K-State Says...

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/28/129091888497214066.jpg

baitism
10-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Congrats on your upcoming 8-4 season. I guess when you win 1 of the last 6 it gives you the right to talk smack. This thread isn't for K-State.

Mr. Plow
10-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Lol

Bullshit. It's all about the value of the basketball team.

Pants
10-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Congrats on your upcoming 8-4 season. I guess when you win 1 of the last 6 it gives you the right to talk smack. This thread isn't for K-State.

SICK BURNNNNN

Bowser
10-08-2011, 05:16 PM

Your inner troll is strong, heh.

eazyb81
10-08-2011, 05:17 PM
SICK BURNNNNN

almost as sick as the original BURNNNNNN

Guru
10-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I take that means no significant changes then.

kstater
10-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Lol

If you can point me to where I've said otherwise, go ahead. My post was referring to the ridiculous notion that "MU as a program is at least on par if not better than WVU".

eazyb81
10-08-2011, 05:24 PM
If you can point me to where I've said otherwise, go ahead. My post was referring to the ridiculous notion that "MU as a program is at least on par if not better than WVU".

Wait, so losing on the road to your team by 7 is the evidence that we don't compare to WVU as a program? Is that really your point today? Is KSU really that shitty that a loss to them impacts our program's prestige to such a degree?

kstater
10-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Wait, so losing on the road to your team by 7 is the evidence that we don't compare to WVU as a program? Is that really your point today?

My point remains the same as it was yesterday re:WVU. Wins, conference titles, BCS victories...

eazyb81
10-08-2011, 05:28 PM
My point remains the same as it was yesterday. Wins, conference titles, BCS victories...

So why are you posting this after the game, implying it is the evidence?

kstater
10-08-2011, 05:30 PM
So why are you posting this after the game, implying it is the evidence?

So do you think sitting with the same record as KU, under .500, enhances MU's program as being on the same level as WVU?

Pablo
10-08-2011, 05:32 PM
So do you think sitting with the same record as KU, under .500, enhances MU's program as being on the same level as WVU?BIG TIME FOOTBALL.

eazyb81
10-08-2011, 05:33 PM
So do you think sitting with the same record as KU, under .500, enhances MU's program as being on the same level as WVU?

This is the first time Mizzou's had a losing record in seven years. Yeah it sucks but a couple games doesn't impact an entire program. Florida State lost to Wake today and has been pretty meh for almost a decade now, yet their program is still viewed as big-time.

Stewie
10-08-2011, 05:39 PM
MU is stuck. They think they have some sort of power. They don't. The SEC doesn't want them and the Big XII could care less about their antics.

Pants
10-08-2011, 05:45 PM
MU is stuck. They think they have some sort of power. They don't. The SEC doesn't want them and the Big XII could care less about their antics.

Do you know something we don't?

Stop your antics, man.

Pablo
10-08-2011, 05:52 PM
This is the first time Mizzou's had a losing record in seven years. Yeah it sucks but a couple games doesn't impact an entire program. Florida State lost to Wake today and has been pretty meh for almost a decade now, yet their program is still viewed as big-time.Florida State also won a couple of NC's in the 90's.

|Zach|
10-08-2011, 06:20 PM
I hope MU is stuck. They think they have some sort of power. They don't. The SEC doesn't want them and the Big XII could care less about their antics. I hope.

Heh

Pablo
10-08-2011, 06:25 PM
MU is stuck. They think they have some sort of power. They don't. The SEC doesn't want them and the Big XII could care less about their antics.That sure is a lot of hoping.

ArrowheadMagic
10-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Too bad the OU vs Baja Oklahoma game wasnt on the LHN, both viwers would have cancelled their subscriptions.

alnorth
10-08-2011, 09:04 PM

:spock:

Yeah, right. I can see it now:

Slive: Good news, it was close, but I got all but 2 schools to informally accept you. I wont tell you who voted no, but those 2 schools will vote yes for appearances sake so that the press release will say it is unanimous!

Deaton: Great! You know, we're the newcomers here, so we won't make waves. I don't want to know who voted no, we're just looking forward to being solid contributing members of the SEC!

Slive: excellent, and we're looking forward to getting higher rates from our enlarged footprint when we negotiate new TV contracts. By the way: more good news, your cross-divisional rival will be Arkansas!

Deaton: Sweet!

Slive: so all we have to do now is to get the paperwork in order, we'll have the vote tomorrow, and we're all set. We're ahead of schedule today and I have nothing else to do, so... why, hell why don't we both sit down and watch some football? I think your Tigers are playing a ranked team and its probably after halftime so we can see the end, right?

Deaton: Oh, you don't really...

Slive: no, it will be fun, lets see... ABC? Its Kansas State, right? hahaha, how lame, purple is such a stupid color and I seem to remember they have always been a cute little wannabe team who never can win the big game, this ought to be fun, I bet Mizzou is up by 2 TD's already.

Deaton: no seriously, heh heh... no, you are just humoring me right? Isn't there a 4-star restaurant we can go to, to toast our new partnership?

Slive: Ahh, here it is.... wait, you are losing? How can this be? Oh my, your quarterback looked like crap in that last play.

*2 hours later*

Slive: wow, that was...

Deaton: So, Monday morning is it? We'll call the press conference and

Slive: yeah... Monday? sure, I gotta go back to Birmingham.

Deaton: Everything's still good to go, right? I mean hell, that was just one game

Slive: to K-State... yeah, just one game, no problem. We'll be in touch. *whispers to assistant* (get me a meeting with Oliver Luck, tomorrow, highest priority!) See ya, Deaton!

That is not going to happen. One game is irrelevant, either Mizzou has the votes, or they dont, and neither a blowout win nor a humiliating loss today would make a difference.

eazyb81
10-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Air Force turns down Big 12 for Big East in football, and will join Mo Valley for all other sports. Looks like Navy and Army may follow them.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19073868

But Air Force will do what's right for Air Force, even if it means turning its back on old friends.

Jerks!

eazyb81
10-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Dan Beebe: It's all Nebraska's fault!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7080495/ousted-big-12-commissioner-dan-beebe-puts-onus-nebraska-cornhuskers

One of the first items on the Big 12's agenda after ousting Dan Beebe as commissioner was agreeing to equally share revenue from the conference's major TV rights, a Pac-12 and Big Ten-like deal supplanting one that had rewarded schools based on appearances.

It was a "bittersweet" development for Beebe, who said in a wide-ranging interview with ESPN.com that it was something he attempted two years ago.

But the Nebraska Cornhuskers stood in the way, he said.

"It could have kept all 12 together,'' Beebe said Saturday, nearly three weeks after his contract was bought out by the Big 12 board of directors on Sept. 22. "I proposed it two years ago when Nebraska and Colorado were in the league as we prepared for our television negotiations we did last spring.''

Beebe said none of the Big 12's recent defections had to occur.

"I asked for them to consider it,'' Beebe said of the revenue-sharing pact. "Nebraska was one of the biggest objectors of equal revenue rights, and their president Harvey Perlman said that. We could have done this two years ago and none of this would have happened.''

alnorth
10-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Wow. Thanks for bailing the big 12 administration out of a dumb decision, I don't think anyone would have been excited about Air Force.

"We were approached by the Big 12, and I told them we're not a good fit for that conference. In the Big 12, geography makes sense, the economics make sense, but recruiting makes no sense for us. I can't recruit against Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State," Mueh said.

"That's why I turned down the Big 12. I can't do that to my kids, because they'll get beat up. I'd love the extra $12 million or whatever it would be per year from the TV money. And I know how I'd spend the money. I'd build a new soccer stadium, and I'd build a new baseball facility, all in one year. But I can't do that."

He'd better hope WVU and Louisville don't go anywhere, or this will end up being a pretty dumb move.

Reaper16
10-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Air Force snubbed the Big XII? Seriously? I can't wait for Tulane to look down their noses at the Big XII and give a curt snort and turn down their offer.

alnorth
10-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Air Force snubbed the Big XII? Seriously? I can't wait for Tulane to look down their noses at the Big XII and give a curt snort and turn down their offer.

If you read the article, it wasn't that Air Force "snubbed" the Big 12, but rather they were frightened of UT, OU, and Okie State.

Reaper16
10-09-2011, 11:02 AM
If you read the article, it wasn't that Air Force "snubbed" the Big 12, but rather they were frightened of UT, OU, and Okie State.
I really just wanted to make a Tulane joke.

Though it is comforting that a branch of our nation's military is less fearful of foreign nations than they are the formidable city-states of Stillwater and Norman.

Buck
10-09-2011, 11:49 AM
God damn the MWC is falling apart.

BWillie
10-09-2011, 01:33 PM

WTF? Why on earth would the Big 12 offer Air Force and not Louisville? Jesus Christ.

kchero
10-09-2011, 01:37 PM
WTF? Why on earth would the Big 12 offer Air Force and not Louisville? Jesus Christ.

Seriously, it looks weak and desperate.

ArrowheadHawk
10-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Seriously people read the article. They were not extended an offer. They were contacted. This is a huge difference.

alnorth
10-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Seriously people read the article. They were not extended an offer. They were contacted. This is a huge difference.

yep, I think we (including me) jumped the gun here. More than likely this was an initial "hey, are you at all interested or is there no point talking?" Air Force is probably well down the list.

mnchiefsguy
10-09-2011, 02:21 PM
The fact that the Big XII was even asking Air Force if it would be interested says something about how the conference has fallen.

Saulbadguy
10-09-2011, 02:21 PM

smoke and mirrors.

ArrowheadHawk
10-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Did Mizzou make a decision yet? WTF are they waiting for?

Saulbadguy
10-09-2011, 02:38 PM
WTF are they waiting for?

An invitation.

kchero
10-09-2011, 03:09 PM
The fact that the Big XII was even asking Air Force if it would be interested says something about how the conference has fallen.

Yea, it sure doesn't look good on the Big XII. (This is coming from a Mizzou fan who is very speculative of us going to the SEC).

BigOlChiefsfan
10-09-2011, 04:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/_/id/7077711/texas-aggies-buses-vandalized-manure-texas-tech-red-raiders-logos

That's pretty crappy!

WilliamTheIrish
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM
You've never caught his "I live in New York, the rest of you suck" act? It's great. He'll really get on a roll, and then it seems like somebody whispers in his ear "Hey idiot, you're on a Chiefs board and you're from Kansas" and then he backpedals away as fast as he can.

And the Texas picture is buried in this pile of shit somewhere. He's been on a Texas kick lately - keeps mentioning them and KU together as if they're somehow on equal footing.

Apparently the Longhorns don't make a move without first seeking approval from their overlords in Lawrence. LMAO

As great as "I live in NY baby and am caretaker of the Technicolor Dreamcoat" schtick is, it pales in comparison to his "I don't watch cartoons" (South Park) but apparently plays on line games in a manner that would put a 13 year old to shame.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I though AFA was a choice if we went to 14, but I can see their reluctance to face Big 12 opponents. They'd have gotten killed in most sports.

Bambi
10-09-2011, 09:04 PM
As great as "I live in NY baby and am caretaker of the Technicolor Dreamcoat" schtick is, it pales in comparison to his "I don't watch cartoons" (South Park) but apparently plays on line games in a manner that would put a 13 year old to shame.

30 hours without looking at chiefsplanet and you guys are still talking about me?

amazing

Brock
10-09-2011, 09:05 PM
30 hours without looking at chiefsplanet and you guys are still talking about me?

amazing

Well, you are quite an amazing dipshit.

Bambi
10-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, you are quite an amazing dipshit.

not sure what I've ever said to you but okay?

Brock
10-09-2011, 09:27 PM
not sure what I've ever said to you but okay?

You've never said anything to me, but you've said lots and lots of stupid things and unfortunately you make KU fans look bad because of it.

Chocolate Hog
10-09-2011, 09:29 PM
You've never said anything to me, but you've said lots and lots of stupid things and unfortunately you make KU fans look bad because of it.

Brock is always on point.

RustShack
10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Did Mizzou make a decision yet? WTF are they waiting for?

I actually haven't been paying a whole lot of attention here lately, but isn't the current SEC voting not enough to get Mizzou in? That might be part of the hold up.

Chocolate Hog
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM

amazing

You posted in the Nebraska thread at 3:43 this morning. That's not 30 hrs bruh.

Bambi
10-09-2011, 10:00 PM

What have I said that you consider "stupid"?

I don't group fans of teams together.

We all have our own opinions.

Maybe you should worry more about your own posts and less about mine, just a thought.

Bambi
10-09-2011, 10:02 PM
You posted in the Nebraska thread at 3:43 this morning. That's not 30 hrs bruh.

Oh true, just jumped on to congratulate Nebraska on their comeback win against tOSU.

Wasn't interested in the personal attacks that permeate this board.

Reaper16
10-09-2011, 11:34 PM
What have I said that you consider "stupid

[ site:chiefsplanet.com/BB "wickedson" ]

|Zach|
10-09-2011, 11:37 PM
[ site:chiefsplanet.com/BB "wickedson" ]

Yea. Brock just looked at that post with the wonder of a child experiencing the world for the first time.

LiveSteam
10-10-2011, 01:59 AM
What have I said that you consider "stupid"?

I don't group fans of teams together.

We all have our own opinions.

Maybe you should worry more about your own posts and less about mine, just a thought.

DUDE. Climb up that old cockroach infested building you live in,& take the plunge.
Trust me it will work for you

SPchief
10-10-2011, 02:40 AM
I think I get it, Wickedson is Frankie's son and he takes offense of people calling his grandma a whore

Braincase
10-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Link (http://www.businessinsider.com/scandal-espn-told-acc-which-teams-to-take-from-big-east-conference-2011-10)

SCANDAL: ESPN Told The ACC Which Teams To Take From Big East Conference

David Luckie (http://www.businessinsider.com/author/david-luckie), I Bleed Crimson Red (http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com/) | Oct. 9, 2011, 9:56 PM

When the Atlantic Coast Conference announced that Pittsburgh and Syracuse would be leaving the Big East and joining the ACC, it was seen as a logical move to expand the league’s footprint in the Northeast.

But as details on the backroom negotiations emerge, it is clear that the “worldwide leader” was a behind-the-scenes worldwide schemer, exerting its influence and driving the ACC toward the programs it wanted to have in the league.

The Boston Globe’s Mark Blaudschun has a story (http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/articles/2011/10/09/power_move_by_acc/?page=full) in today’s print and online editions outlining the process by which the decision was made to include Pitt and Syracuse and exclude UConn, despite the Huskies’ recent success in both football and basketball.
The money quotes:
BC athletic director Gene DeFilippo, who was part of the 12-member ACC expansion committee, adamantly denied that the move was dictated by basketball interests, but he did concede that the effects of it may boost that sport more than football.
“It had nothing to do with basketball,’’ said DeFilippo. “It was football money which drove expansion. It was football money and securing our future.’’
DeFilippo said the move was dictated in part by the expansion of the Southeastern Conference to include Texas A&M, which prompted the Big 12 to inquire about Pittsburgh, which is in the Northeast, an area in which the ACC felt it necessary to expand.

The ACC just signed a new deal with ESPN (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/espn) that will increase the revenue for each school to approximately $13 million. With the addition of Pittsburgh and Syracuse, said DeFilippo, another significant increase will come.
“We always keep our television partners close to us,’’ he said. “You don’t get extra money for basketball. It’s 85 percent football money. TV - ESPN - is the one who told us what to do. This was football; it had nothing to do with basketball.’’
Why is Disney – via ABC (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/abc) and ESPN – instructing a conference expansion committee on which teams to include and which to leave out? The Big East has been the victim of ACC poaching in the past. Boston College, Miami and Virginia Tech all defected amid very bad blood and rather ugly legal disputes. The current round of hunting on posted land lands a historically powerful but recently weak Pitt football program and a Syracuse program that’s had only flashes of success. Left behind was UConn.

UConn has won a few titles in men’s and women’s basketball and while they lost millions on the trip, the football team earned a BCS bid after the 2010 season. With the Big 12, the Big 10 and even the SEC (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/sec) said to be interested in Big East schools, the conference is on the verge of implosion.

Basketball (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/basketball) drives the Big East. Football is important, but there are seven members of the league that don’t play FBS football. Blaudschun suggests that those schools may break off and form a basketball only conference with Notre Dame.

What happens to UConn then?

Automatic BCS qualifying conferences poaching members from one another is a zero sum game. Someone has to lose for someone else to win. For the Big East to survive, it would have to either draw programs playing FBS football in another automatic qualifying conference, or offer someone in a non-automatic qualifying conference an upgrade. That opens up the possibilities for Conference USA, the Sun Belt, the MAC and other mid-major type conference schools to move up into a league with an automatic bid to a BCS bowl. But such a move would also hurt the image of a league already seen by fans as the least powerful of the BCS conferences.

Could the ESPN meddling have been a retaliatory move? Remember, the Big East turned down a $1.9 billion offer from the worldwide schemer and is said to be entertaining offers from NBC (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/nbc), CBS (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/cbs) and FOX (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/fox) for its next media contract. ESPN is currently the first tier media partner for the league, but after helping the ACC decide which teams to kidnap from the Big East, an over-the-air network getting the deal of a lifetime is a fair bet.

Please follow Sports Page (http://www.businessinsider.com/sportspage) on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#%21/BISportsPage) and Facebook (http://facebook.com/businessinsider.sportspage).
Follow David Luckie on Twitter (http://twitter.com/GulfCoastTider).

patteeu
10-10-2011, 06:53 AM
It makes all the sense in the world that a league looking to expand would seek advice from the networks given that one of the primary considerations in any expansion is the impact it will have on the league's ability to land a big TV contract. I see nothing scandalous about it.

Saul Good
10-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Am I missing the part where ESPN did something wrong?

notorious
10-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Am I missing the part where ESPN did something wrong?

It's ESPN, they are evil east-coasters.

alnorth
10-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Yeah, this is a non-issue to me. Its not like ESPN approached the ACC and ordered them to action, ACC wanted to expand and asked for their broadcast partner's input on the value of potential targets. What is ESPN supposed to do, take a vow of silence and say "sorry, but it would (somehow) be unethical for us to say anything. Go figure it out on your own, and we'll tell you later if you made the correct move or not."

Mr. Plow
10-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Yeah, this is a non-issue to me. Its not like ESPN approached the ACC and ordered them to action

I agree with your post and don't really see anything wrong with it, but from the sounds of the below quote, that's exactly what ESPN did.

The ACC just signed a new deal with ESPN (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/espn) that will increase the revenue for each school to approximately $13 million. With the addition of Pittsburgh and Syracuse, said DeFilippo, another significant increase will come.

“We always keep our television partners close to us,’’ he said. “You don’t get extra money for basketball. It’s 85 percent football money. TV - ESPN - is the one who told us what to do. This was football; it had nothing to do with basketball."

alnorth
10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
I agree with your post and don't really see anything wrong with it, but from the sounds of the below quote, that's exactly what ESPN did.

Not at all. ESPN did not approach the ACC and tell them to start expanding, and by the way, here's the two schools you need, the ACC decided to expand and consulted with ESPN. By "told us what to do", what that meant was "well, since you asked for our opinion, if you want to maximize revenue, these two schools will do it"

kstater
10-10-2011, 11:25 AM
It appears the sec met today. No action taken with regards to expansion.

mnchiefsguy
10-10-2011, 11:52 AM
It appears the sec met today. No action taken with regards to expansion.

Their statement reads very similiar to what they said right before A & M left.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2011, 11:56 AM
TCU has a press conference tonight to announce they are joining the Big 12.

DaKCMan AP
10-10-2011, 01:30 PM
TCU has a press conference tonight to announce they are joining the Big 12.

http://www.funnypictures.com/pictures/One_crazy_celebration.jpg

Dayze
10-10-2011, 01:46 PM
that guy has a bit of an 'outtie'.

Bewbies
10-10-2011, 02:37 PM
that guy has a bit of an 'outtie'.

Bullshit, he's giving birth to a cheeseburger.

Dayze
10-10-2011, 02:41 PM
i think that othe dude is Liam Neesen

Saul Good
10-10-2011, 04:25 PM
There's a 45 page report bouncing around in AP articles that says the SEC move could be worth $12 million a year to Mizzou above the Big XII.

mnchiefsguy
10-10-2011, 04:35 PM
There's a 45 page report bouncing around in AP articles that says the SEC move could be worth $12 million a year to Mizzou above the Big XII.

I have to admit, my first thought on reading that news story was...well, duh. It seems to me to be a no-brainer that the SEC would have more revenue and more potential revenue growth that any other conference, given their rabid football following.

kstater
10-10-2011, 04:42 PM

I think those numbers are interesting(i.e. not based in reality)

Even then, if using the same duration of contract (15 years), and adding two teams, you'd have to increase the payout by approximately $150 million a year between Tier 1 and Tier 2.

To put how hard that is into perspective, it would take increasing their CBS Tier 1 deal from $825 million to $1.2 billion (over the fifteen year life of the contract), and their Tier 2 deal from $2.25 billion to $4.1 billion over that same time span.

My guess is that the addition of Texas A&M and Missouri wouldn't be worth an additional $2.225 billion over the life of the contract, but obviously, I've been devaluing the potential revenue generation of Texas A&M and Missouri over the years (since they haven't rained down that kind of cash on us).

notorious
10-10-2011, 04:44 PM
The real question:

Is Mizzou worth enough for the SEC to want them?

Shogun
10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
TCU = accepts

Setsuna
10-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Bullshit, he's giving birth to a cheeseburger.

He's got a hernia. He needs to get that fixed or he'll die.

Al Bundy
10-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Did KK lose his mind today?

mnchiefsguy
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Did KK lose his mind today?

I did not listen either. I am sure he probably had another good anti-Mizzou rant. Anyone got details?

Mr. Laz
10-10-2011, 05:59 PM
610SportsKC 610 Sports Radio- KC
TCU has officially accepted an invitation to the Big 12 Conference. Hear the press conference LIVE right now on... fb.me/K5F58Xol
51 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Bambi
10-10-2011, 06:00 PM
610SportsKC 610 Sports Radio- KC
TCU has officially accepted an invitation to the Big 12 Conference. Hear the press conference LIVE right now on... fb.me/K5F58Xol
51 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

sweet. Great football pick up

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-10-2011, 06:03 PM
I did not listen either. I am sure he probably had another good anti-Mizzou rant. Anyone got details?

He was talking about inviting Missouri State into the Big 12 as a F.U. to Mizzou

I shit you not

Bambi
10-10-2011, 06:14 PM
He was talking about inviting Missouri State into the Big 12 as a F.U. to Mizzou

I shit you not

That was pretty good.

He really had a plan too. 25,000 students... Already many other "state" schools in the Big 12. That area is a much faster growing part of Missouri than Columbia...etc

Saul Good
10-10-2011, 07:03 PM
That was pretty good.

He really had a plan too. 25,000 students... Already many other "state" schools in the Big 12. That area is a much faster growing part of Missouri than Columbia...etc

It was genious. Take a school that is 0-6 in FCS with an empty stadium that seats 16,000, and put them into a BCS conference just to piss off Jay Nixon even though having two teams in BCS conferences in the state would be a huge coup for Nixon.

WilliamTheIrish
10-10-2011, 07:05 PM
The man just owns this town.

Saul Good
10-10-2011, 07:07 PM
The man just owns this town.

His ratings are in a free-fall. His only competition is Nick Wright, a complete dipshit, and Wright has pulled even in the ratings.

Al Bundy
10-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Looks like U.C.F. might be heading to the Big East.

kchero
10-10-2011, 07:52 PM

I take it your pleased?

kchero
10-10-2011, 07:55 PM
It was genious. Take a school that is 0-6 in FCS with an empty stadium that seats 16,000, and put them into a BCS conference just to piss off Jay Nixon even though having two teams in BCS conferences in the state would be a huge coup for Nixon.

This,... I have always been less critical of KK than most, but this past week or two with him crying and whining about Mizzou has really made me annoyed...and I am actually one of these Mizzou fans that isn't sold on going to the SEC. He is sounding like a scorned lover or something and his rants are getting old.

Saulbadguy
10-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Doug Gottlieb ripped MU today. Compared them to Air Force, but said Air Force did the smart thing in admitting they couldn't compete in the Big XII.

kstater
10-10-2011, 07:58 PM
He is sounding like a scorned lover or something and his rants are getting old.

And. Yet. You. Keep. Listening.

Reerun_KC
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM

To whom?

kstater
10-10-2011, 08:00 PM
To whom?

BITB

Reerun_KC
10-10-2011, 08:00 PM
So when will MU annouce they are heading to the SEC?

Reerun_KC
10-10-2011, 08:01 PM
BITB

Back in the Butt?

WTF dude?

:D

ArrowheadHawk
10-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Is Mizzou gone yet?

eazyb81
10-10-2011, 08:04 PM

LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2011, 08:07 PM
It was genious. Take a school that is 0-6 in FCS with an empty stadium that seats 16,000, and put them into a BCS conference just to piss off Jay Nixon even though having two teams in BCS conferences in the state would be a huge coup for Nixon.Northern Iowa kicked the crap out of SMS a week or so ago (in their own yard).

Al Bundy
10-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I take it your pleased?

I am. It will be great to be on TV every week if they get an invite.

Saul Good
10-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Northern Iowa kicked the crap out of SMS a week or so ago (in their own yard).

I'm not sure MS could even beat Kansas.

Saul Good
10-10-2011, 08:55 PM
That was pretty good.

Leave it to Wickedson to be impressed by KK's plan to bring Missouri State to the Big XII.

mnchiefsguy
10-10-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm not sure MS could even beat Kansas.

Well, KU would probably win a home. :D

I am from Springfield originally, and as much I have a special place in my heart for SMS.....I would have to be high on several forms of crack to think they would be worthy of a BIG XII invite.

Why was Doug Gottlieb slamming Mizzou? His main area is bball, and I think Mizzou would be very competitive in SEC bball. That does not make sense.

kchero
10-10-2011, 09:02 PM

Actually no, his moaning has got old as of late on this issue, but I see on here people mentioning that he is still moaning about it and coming up with new ideas.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Football no way in hell could Missouri State could compete but the other sports would be okay in the Big 12. Mizzou would be pissed as hell with more competion in state with a BCS tag, but politically Nixon and the boys would be tickled pink.

kchero
10-10-2011, 09:04 PM
I am. It will be great to be on TV every week if they get an invite.

I would say UCF would be a prime target from the Big East considering the overhaul of programs they would like to influx into them.

Mr. Laz
10-10-2011, 09:07 PM
So when will MU annouce they are heading to the SEC?The SEC puts a halt on expansion
October, 10, 2011
OCT 10 5:15 PM ET

By Edward Aschoff

Everyone expects the SEC to eventually expand to 14 schools, but that time doesn't appear to be now.

SEC presidents and chancellors met Monday for their fall meeting, but no expansion action was taken and we don't know when it will.

“The Presidents and Chancellors of the Southeastern Conference met on Monday for its regularly-scheduled fall meeting," the league said in a statement. "While they discussed a wide range of issues dealing with the changing landscape of intercollegiate athletics, no actions were taken with regards to expansion.”

This comes after even more speculation arose after Missouri curators gave chancellor Brady Deaton the authority to explore a move to another conference rather than immediately commit to the Big 12. Word quickly spread that Missouri had real interest in joining the SEC, but only after the Big Ten showed no interest in the school.

Last week, The Birmingham News reported that a majority of SEC presidents and chancellors would support Missouri's application, but that majority falls short of the nine votes required to add a new member.

While the SEC says it isn't taking steps toward growing at the moment, don't expect that sort of talk to quell any of the expansion chatter. Even after the SEC officially announced Texas A&M as its 13th member, all the talk surrounded what school was going to be the 14th team and if there was a possibility of three more joining. It seems as if Texas A&M is a mere afterthought at this point.

Missouri's name will continue to come up, as the St. Louis and Kansas City markets figure to be attractive to the SEC and so does the school's AAU membership. Remember, this isn't just about football. There are a lot of other factors that go into expansion other than football games.

Don't be surprised if West Virginia continues to come up again. Maybe Louisville will get thrown into the mix. And don't count the Virginia Tech and Florida State talk either.

It should be fun with all the speculation and rumors sure to come.

Frazod
10-10-2011, 09:09 PM
The SEC puts a halt on expansion
October, 10, 2011
OCT 10 5:15 PM ET

By Edward Aschoff

Everyone expects the SEC to eventually expand to 14 schools, but that time doesn't appear to be now.

SEC presidents and chancellors met Monday for their fall meeting, but no expansion action was taken and we don't know when it will.

“The Presidents and Chancellors of the Southeastern Conference met on Monday for its regularly-scheduled fall meeting," the league said in a statement. "While they discussed a wide range of issues dealing with the changing landscape of intercollegiate athletics, no actions were taken with regards to expansion.”

This comes after even more speculation arose after Missouri curators gave chancellor Brady Deaton the authority to explore a move to another conference rather than immediately commit to the Big 12. Word quickly spread that Missouri had real interest in joining the SEC, but only after the Big Ten showed no interest in the school.

Last week, The Birmingham News reported that a majority of SEC presidents and chancellors would support Missouri's application, but that majority falls short of the nine votes required to add a new member.

While the SEC says it isn't taking steps toward growing at the moment, don't expect that sort of talk to quell any of the expansion chatter. Even after the SEC officially announced Texas A&M as its 13th member, all the talk surrounded what school was going to be the 14th team and if there was a possibility of three more joining. It seems as if Texas A&M is a mere afterthought at this point.

Missouri's name will continue to come up, as the St. Louis and Kansas City markets figure to be attractive to the SEC and so does the school's AAU membership. Remember, this isn't just about football. There are a lot of other factors that go into expansion other than football games.

Don't be surprised if West Virginia continues to come up again. Maybe Louisville will get thrown into the mix. And don't count the Virginia Tech and Florida State talk either.

It should be fun with all the speculation and rumors sure to come.

Missouri isn't doing themselves any favors by playing like absolute dogshit right now. :shake:

Saul Good
10-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Care to post the articles right before aTm broke out? Nearly identical.

DaKCMan AP
10-10-2011, 09:28 PM

That would piss off USF and make me LOL.

Bambi
10-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Is Mizzou gone yet?

I read on twitter the dearmounds said it was a done deal.

Al Bundy
10-10-2011, 09:57 PM
That would piss off USF and make me LOL.

I don't have the hatred for USF that most UCF folks do. When I was there USF wasn't really worth a shit. I hope UCF does get this invite though... will be great to see them on TV a lot.

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2011, 10:40 PM
I read on twitter the dearmounds said it was a done deal.We'll know a lot more tomorrow.

WilliamTheIrish
10-10-2011, 10:46 PM
It's time for a deadline. Tell the MUtts to go or stay, but your decision needs to be in by last Friday.

Bambi
10-10-2011, 10:53 PM
It's time for a deadline. Tell the MUtts to go or stay, but your decision needs to be in by last Friday.

I agree.

The conference is getting stronger with the addition of a BCS winner in TCU.

Tough to really worry about a program that doesn't bring much as far as athletic accomplishment goes.

All the schools moving (Nebraska, Syracuse, Pitt, TCU).... less to do with tv sets than everyone originally thought. Which is MU's only strong point.

It's about strong programs and MU simply doesn't have much as far as that goes.

Bambi
10-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I will admit that one school was in demand because of TV sets and not because of winning (Texas A&M)...

But at least they do have 1 conf title, '98 I think? and a national title in football 70 years ago

Dante84
10-10-2011, 11:53 PM
I will admit that one school was in demand because of TV sets and not because of winning (Texas A&M)...

But at least they do have 1 conf title, '98 I think? and a national title in football 70 years ago

And dude cheerleaders.

And nerdy ass boots.