PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

MoreLemonPledge
10-11-2011, 01:23 AM
I agree.

The conference is getting stronger with the addition of a BCS winner in TCU.

Tough to really worry about a program that doesn't bring much as far as athletic accomplishment goes.

All the schools moving (Nebraska, Syracuse, Pitt, TCU).... less to do with tv sets than everyone originally thought. Which is MU's only strong point.

It's about strong programs and MU simply doesn't have much as far as that goes.

Mizzou has been perennial top 25 contenders in football, basketball, and baseball for a number of years now. To argue that TCU is better is asinine.

Chocolate Hog
10-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Mizzou has been perennial top 25 contenders in football, basketball, and baseball for a number of years now. To argue that TCU is better is asinine.

How many BCS bowls?

MoreLemonPledge
10-11-2011, 01:42 AM
How many BCS bowls?

How many do you think TCU is going to get now that they're playing with the big boys?

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2011, 01:52 AM
I agree.

The conference is getting stronger with the addition of a BCS winner in TCU.

Tough to really worry about a program that doesn't bring much as far as athletic accomplishment goes.

All the schools moving (Nebraska, Syracuse, Pitt, TCU).... less to do with tv sets than everyone originally thought. Which is MU's only strong point.

It's about strong programs and MU simply doesn't have much as far as that goes.

This is wrong on so many levels. Time and time again it has been proven to mainly be about TV sets. Syracuse and Pittsburgh give the ACC the entire East Coast from Miami clear up to New York City.

Even TCU's move is about TV sets..as in Texas was willing to let them in because having TCU in the Big XII with the LHN is better than having to go to the Pac12 with no LHN.

Nebraska's move was about their brand....a NATIONAL brand that brings TV sets to the Big 10 network across the country.

Saying MU is not a strong program is just stupid. 40 wins in 4 years in football, 2 elite eights since 2000, and success in the lesser non-revenue sports as well.

Of course, one would not expect you to see any of that, with your face firmly planted in Texas' crotch.

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2011, 01:56 AM
How many BCS bowls?

A couple of more than Nebraska has had in the last 9-10 years.

Chocolate Hog
10-11-2011, 03:45 AM
How many do you think TCU is going to get now that they're playing with the big boys?

Can't be any less than Mizzou.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 07:18 AM
The only thing TCU to the Big 12 will accomplish is reducing the number of Texas recruits that will consider KU, KSU, and ISU. Congrats.

DaKCMan AP
10-11-2011, 07:23 AM
I don't have the hatred for USF that most UCF folks do. When I was there USF wasn't really worth a shit. I hope UCF does get this invite though... will be great to see them on TV a lot.

Yeah, I live in the Tampa area so there are obviously a lot of USF students and alum. Some of the people I work with are huge USF homers and every year they claim they're the best in the state and then they go blow it and then spiral downward to an unranked finish. In everyone else's eyes they're on the same level as UCF (who is definitely on the upswing), but the little USF homers think they're UF, FSU, or Miami.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 07:33 AM
It's time for a deadline. Tell the MUtts to go or stay, but your decision needs to be in by last Friday.

No exit fees, then? Sweet. Hell, we can then sue the conference for breach of contract.

Al Bundy
10-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I live in the Tampa area so there are obviously a lot of USF students and alum. Some of the people I work with are huge USF homers and every year they claim they're the best in the state and then they go blow it and then spiral downward to an unranked finish. In everyone else's eyes they're on the same level as UCF (who is definitely on the upswing), but the little USF homers think they're UF, FSU, or Miami.

I know USF has beaten Florida State recently, did they beat Miami too?

DaKCMan AP
10-11-2011, 07:59 AM
I know USF has beaten Florida State recently, did they beat Miami too?

Yep.

Al Bundy
10-11-2011, 08:13 AM

It can't be any worse than working with a bunch of Beakers constantly saying "Who's that, what's UCF?"

Mr. Plow
10-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Care to post the articles right before aTm broke out? Nearly identical.

I'd be curious to see a couple of the articles if you have any links. I've done a little looking back, but I can't seem to find any of the articles saying anything. The only ones I run across are the acceptance of A&M into the SEC & the legal crap.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 08:29 AM
So Today is the Day that MU Announces they are the next member of the SEC?

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 08:35 AM
I'd be curious to see a couple of the articles if you have any links. I've done a little looking back, but I can't seem to find any of the articles saying anything. The only ones I run across are the acceptance of A&M into the SEC & the legal crap.

They're out there, but I'm not going to dig for them. The articles all said the same thing, we're not interested in expanding at this time. It sparked this classic cartoon.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=168&f=1968&t=7777932

In the end, aTm is out.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 08:36 AM
So Today is the Day that MU Announces they are the next member of the SEC?

Who knows? The ball's in Mizzou's court. I just hope to God that we don't decide to accept all the concessions and announce that we're "proud members of the Big XII".

ChiTown
10-11-2011, 08:38 AM
The only thing TCU to the Big 12 will accomplish is reducing the number of Texas recruits that will consider KU, KSU, and ISU. Congrats.

:rolleyes:

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 08:41 AM
It's probably true. The rise of additional Texas teams isn't good for anyone outside of Texas.

Mr. Plow
10-11-2011, 08:43 AM
They're out there, but I'm not going to dig for them. The articles all said the same thing, we're not interested in expanding at this time. It sparked this classic cartoon.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=168&f=1968&t=7777932

In the end, aTm is out.

I've seen several MU guys say "nearly identical" and I couldn't remember the articles, was thinking you might have a link to one. Thanks for the message board cartoon though.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-11-2011, 08:45 AM
No exit fees, then? Sweet. Hell, we can then sue the conference for breach of contract.

Don't think that setting a deadline will get you out of exit fees. We aren't kicking you out, just telling you to make a decision....you still have the choice to make (and the fees to pay).

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Don't think that setting a deadline will get you out of exit fees. We aren't kicking you out, just telling you to make a decision....you still have the choice to make (and the fees to pay).

Deadline for what? We signed a contract that puts us in the Big XII. We don't have to renegotiate.

ChiTown
10-11-2011, 08:49 AM
It's probably true. The rise of additional Texas teams isn't good for anyone outside of Texas.

TCU is already recruiting at a high level in TX due to their own success. Being in the B12 won't improve their recruiting in a state they are already popular with for HS kids. They have, for the past 5 yrs or so, got mainly 3 star TX kids with a few 4 stars scattered about. That isn't going to change one way or the other by coming to the B12. jmho

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 08:54 AM
TCU is already recruiting at a high level in TX due to their own success. Being in the B12 won't improve their recruiting in a state they are already popular with for HS kids. They have, for the past 5 yrs or so, got mainly 3 star TX kids with a few 4 stars scattered about. That isn't going to change one way or the other by coming to the B12. jmho

Sure it will. Kids would rather go to a major program, especially one that will play against the Longhorns on a regular basis and have a chance to play for a national title if they run the table.

It's hard to convince players to come play in a crappy conference. There are a ton of players in Texas, and UT gets the first choice. That won't change. Baylor, aTm, and Tech all get to play the "we're in a major conference in the state of Texas" card. That tends to trump what the WAC had to offer. Then, the rest of the schools in the Big XII got to play the "we're in a BCS conference and will play against Texas" card.

Those cards are gone now.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Sure it will. Kids would rather go to a major program, especially one that will play against the Longhorns on a regular basis and have a chance to play for a national title if they run the table.

It's hard to convince players to come play in a crappy conference. There are a ton of players in Texas, and UT gets the first choice. That won't change. Baylor, aTm, and Tech all get to play the "we're in a major conference in the state of Texas" card. That tends to trump what the WAC had to offer. Then, the rest of the schools in the Big XII got to play the "we're in a BCS conference and will play against Texas" card.

But since TCU is going to go back to the cellar with the increased competition, that will work itself out, right? ;)

mikeyis4dcats.
10-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Deadline for what? We signed a contract that puts us in the Big XII. We don't have to renegotiate.

MU still has to approve the 6yr revenue commitment. They will set a deadline on that if they haven't already.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM

TCU will recruit even better when their sales pitch is now that a kid can stay home and play in the Big 12, instead of play in the Big East or go to a northern Big 12 school. You are delusional if you don't think this hurts Texas recruiting for non-Texas schools.

ChiTown
10-11-2011, 09:01 AM

So, you think the level of recruiting for TCU, which was #26 in team rankings by Rivals in 2011, is going to improve so much that it is going to adversely effect KSU, KU and ISU recruiting in TX? I think you are overstating an opinion that can't be backed up at this point.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 09:08 AM
San Diego State to the Big 12? Sounds like thanks but no thanks, at least for now.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/oct/10/sdsu-courting-big-12-membership/

So far, the Big 12 has indicated to Sterk that it was “looking more east than west and staying in their footprint right now.” But Sterk said Big 12 officials also told him SDSU’s package was “good powerful information, well put together and that they would look at it as their realignment committee developed.”

notorious
10-11-2011, 09:17 AM
San Diego State to the Big 12? Sounds like thanks but no thanks, at least for now.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/oct/10/sdsu-courting-big-12-membership/

Fuck that!

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Best road trip in the conference if SDSU is in.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 09:36 AM
MU still has to approve the 6yr revenue commitment. They will set a deadline on that if they haven't already.

That's a contract renegotiation. Mizzou has no obligation to accept that deal.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 09:37 AM

Don't know how you got that. But it's definitely time for you SEC wannabes to make your decision.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Don't know how you got that. But it's definitely time for you SEC wannabes to make your decision.

Or what? You can stomp your feet all you want but that doesn't do anything. Mizzou will be methodical and take its time; you guys are welcome to kick us out for no exit penalty though.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 09:43 AM
So, you think the level of recruiting for TCU, which was #26 in team rankings by Rivals in 2011, is going to improve so much that it is going to adversely effect KSU, KU and ISU recruiting in TX? I think you are overstating an opinion that can't be backed up at this point.

Those schools had 2 cards to play against TCU in terms of recruiting. They are in a major conference, and they play Texas. TCU now has both of those cards.

By themselves, it doesn't have a big impact, but it will if Houston, SMU, etc. do the same.

Another thing it does is increase the total number of BCS conference teams next year (would have happened even if TCU went to the Big East). That's a problem for the have nots in the Big XII if this thing goes to 4 16-team conferences.

There are only 64 spots in that scenario, and this move likely pushes someone else out because TCU just leap-frogged several schools.

HemiEd
10-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Or what? You can stomp your feet all you want but that doesn't do anything. Mizzou will be methodical and take its time; you guys are welcome to kick us out for no exit penalty though.

Oh the irony. Who has been doing the feet stomping?

The wallflower is still setting there and nobody cares do dance.

Kind of sad really.

DaKCMan AP
10-11-2011, 09:50 AM
SDSU would beat KU in football and would compete in basketball.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 09:50 AM

You don't know how I got that? I have a contract with Sprint that expires in a year. I'm thinking about leaving for AT&T because Sprint is doing away with my current plan.

Sprint wants me to sign onto some new plan with a. Long-term agreement, but they don't get to force me to sign some new contract or pay an early termination fee if I don't like the new contract. That isn't how contracts work.

Worst case for Mizzou is that we stand pat and force the connference to honor the deal that we signed in the past that still governs our actions today. As much as you'd like to be abble to crumble up the existing agreement and force us to sign a new one or pay exit fees, that's not going to happen.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Tigerboard has been fun to watch for the last week. All the Pro-SEC posts, then the loss to KSU, now lots of Fire Pinkel, Stay in the Big 12 posts.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 09:55 AM

Kind of sad really.

Nobody cares to dance? The Big XII has completely tried to reinvent itself in order to keep us. You're like the dude whose girlfriend dumped him despite his sobbing pleas for her to reconsider saying that the breakup was mutual.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 09:56 AM

Kind of sad really.

Yep. All this is just smoke. You are quick. LOL.

The "demands" placed on Mizzou by Big 12 internet posters is hilarious. Mizzou will take all the time it wants, and your schools will sit there and wait because they have to. Deal with it and stop crying about it.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Yep. All this is just smoke. You are quick. LOL.

The "demands" placed on Mizzou by Big 12 internet posters is hilarious. Mizzou will take all the time it wants, and your schools will sit there and wait because they have to. Deal with it and stop crying about it.

Pretty much this...

With KU licking the ball sack of Texas on a daily basis... All we can do is sit and wait to see what happens...

At least MU has grown a pair and is trying to tell Texas to pound sand... KU is just sitting there asking for more lube...

HemiEd
10-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Tigerboard has been fun to watch for the last week. All the Pro-SEC posts, then the loss to KSU, now lots of Fire Pinkel, Stay in the Big 12 posts.
I bet that has been something. Kind of like this place on Haley?

Nobody cares to dance? The Big XII has completely tried to reinvent itself in order to keep us. You're like the dude whose girlfriend dumped him despite his sobbing pleas for her to reconsider saying that the breakup was mutual.
Really?
From the beginning, I have questioned the wisdom and reasoning why Mizzou wanted to make the move. Why the fans felt they were a football powerhouse. Tried to understand the contempt for the big 12.

I don't think, but could be wrong, that I have posted any "please stay" posts about Mizzou, even though it is very evident that it would hurt the conference.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 10:04 AM

LMAO

Stomp my feet? The only entity stomping their collective feet are the SEC wannabes. Shaking their soft fists at Texas and telling all of us how important and coveted they are to other conferences.

I don't give a shit if MU goes. I'd just prefer that it was sooner rather than later. Mmmkay, li'l DeArmond?

Saulbadguy
10-11-2011, 10:05 AM
At this point, if we could guarantee WVU, i'd kick Mizzou out.

Pants
10-11-2011, 10:12 AM
At this point, if we could guarantee WVU, i'd kick Mizzou out.

Better fan base, better football and better basketball? Yes please.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 10:15 AM

Agree 100%

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 10:15 AM
LMAO

Stomp my feet? The only entity stomping their collective feet are the SEC wannabes. Shaking their soft fists at Texas and telling all of us how important and coveted they are to other conferences.

I don't give a shit if MU goes. I'd just prefer that it was sooner rather than later. Mmmkay, li'l DeArmond?

How are Mizzou fans stomping their feet? We don't have anything to try and prove. 90% of the fanbase wants to leave. We're leaving the Big 12, not the other way around.

And again, Mizzou would love it if you guys kicked us out. But you won't, so no point to continue throwing a temper tantrum because we are taking our time. LOL, it's not like you actually have good schools you might lose out on. The only ones left are the leftovers, which should fit in well in the Big Leftover conference.

Frazod
10-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Nice to see you ladies have gotten past your sad and embarrassing :deevee: DON'T LEAVE ME :deevee: phase. LMAO

Pants
10-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Nice to see you ladies have gotten past your sad and embarrassing :deevee: DON'T LEAVE ME :deevee: phase. LMAO

I'm not sure that BGL has, actually. I bet if you ask her now, she'll say she wants MU to stay. I've been saying the same thing since the very beginning, if your school stands to gain by leaving to the SEC, by all means, you should have been out a month ago.

HemiEd
10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
How are Mizzou fans stomping their feet? We don't have anything to try and prove. 90% of the fanbase wants to leave. We're leaving the Big 12, not the other way around.

And again, Mizzou would love it if you guys kicked us out. But you won't, so no point to continue throwing a temper tantrum because we are taking our time. LOL, it's not like you actually have good schools you might lose out on. The only ones left are the leftovers, which should fit in well in the Big Leftover conference.

ROFL The left over conference, the only left over conference that has a place for Mizzou.

Big 10, no thanks
SEC, no thanks

Here is an idea since they are such a football powerhouse. Join ND and go independent, yeah, that's it.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 10:43 AM
If Mizzou stays in the Big XII, it's because the concessions were enough to change Deaton's mind. The offer isn't the issue.

Brock
10-11-2011, 10:44 AM
The abusive husband promises he'll change. Honest!

kchero
10-11-2011, 10:48 AM
If Mizzou stays in the Big XII, it's because the concessions were enough to change Deaton's mind. The offer isn't the issue.

Thats my thinking. I think Mizzou prefers to stay in the Big XII, but stability is the issue. Everyone who says the Big XII is stable is kidding themselves...just some weeks ago it appeared OU and UT were contemplating leaving. All of that drama threw Mizzou into a frenzy to find a dancing partner and now it appears that the dust may be settling we will have to see if Mizzou thinks its enough to stick around. I don't think staying in the Big XII or moving to the SEC is a black and white issue like some do.

ChiTown
10-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Thats my thinking. I think Mizzou prefers to stay in the Big XII, but stability is the issue. Everyone who says the Big XII is stable is kidding themselves...just some weeks ago it appeared OU and UT were contemplating leaving. All of that drama threw Mizzou into a frenzy to find a dancing partner and now it appears that the dust may be settling we will have to see if Mizzou thinks its enough to stick around. I don't think staying in the Big XII or moving to the SEC is a black and white issue like some do.

You do realize, that Mizzou is a big chunk of the current instability, correct?

Mr. Plow
10-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Last I heard, MU didn't have enough votes to get into the SEC - has that changed?

kchero
10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
You do realize, that Mizzou is a big chunk of the current instability, correct?

Where have you been...this was all started by OU and UT. You honestly cannot blame Mizzou for entertaining a possible offer with the SEC. I gaurantee all the ground work for what Mizzou is doing now was laid when OU and UT were entertaining defection to the Pac-12.......it wasnt like this happened a year or so ago, it happened only a couple of weeks ago.

ChiTown
10-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Where have you been...this was all started by OU and UT. You honestly cannot blame Mizzou for entertaining a possible offer with the SEC. I gaurantee all the ground work for what Mizzou is doing now was laid when OU and UT were entertaining defection to the Pac-12.......it wasnt like this happened a year or so ago, it happened only a couple of weeks ago.

Let me refresh your memory: Mizzou to the B10 ring a bell? You know, when you were begging, and pleading for an invite, only to say (after being rejected) that you were SOLID to the B12.

I'm not forgiving the sins of OU/UT and all their BS with with PAC, but to ignore that you are a large part of the CURRENT problem with instability is laughable, at best.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 11:04 AM

There's a 45 page report bouncing around in AP articles that says the SEC move could be worth $12 million a year to Mizzou above the Big XII.

More than the 12mil per year?

kchero
10-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Let me refresh your memory: Mizzou to the B10 ring a bell? You know, when you were begging, and pleading for an invite, only to say (after being rejected) that you were SOLID to the B12.

I'm not forgiving the sins of OU/UT and all their BS with with PAC, but to ignore that you are a large part of the CURRENT problem with instability is laughable, at best.

The CURRENT issue is because of OU/UT. If aTm would have left for the SEC and OU/UT would have not entertained the Pac-12. Mizzou would have not did what they did.

Mr. Plow
10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
The CURRENT issue is because of OU/UT. If aTm would have left for the SEC and OU/UT would have not entertained the Pac-12. Mizzou would have not did what they did.

All of the current Big 12 schools - including OU & UT - made a commitment to stabilize the conference....all of them, except Missouri.

kchero
10-11-2011, 11:11 AM
All of the current Big 12 schools - including OU & UT - made a commitment to stabilize the conference....all of them, except Missouri.

They also made a commitment less than a year ago and we all saw how that worked out. OU/UT still ended up posturing with the PAC 12 and that is why Mizzou forced its hand with this SEC talk.

DaKCMan AP
10-11-2011, 11:19 AM
You can all argue about whose fault it is/was, the reasons, what will happen, etc. but it all boils down to:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/mattminkusshow/files/2011/01/sec.jpg > http://www.norcalbuffs.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/big-xii.jpg

If Mizzou has a spot available in the richer, more successful, more interesting league they'd be crazy not to take it.

HemiEd
10-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah but the fat girl with pimples didn't get asked to dance by the homecoming king.

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah but the fat girl with pimples didn't get asked to dance by the homecoming king.

You rag on Mizzou for beating their chest and then you say crap like this. Mizzou is not the fat girl with pimples, and you have no idea what the homecoming king has done or said.

The SEC does not ask anyone to join their league. They have said it time and again. There are no official or formal offers. Texas A & M was not invited...they asked to join.

Just because there is no official offer from the SEC does not mean nothing is happening. Not sure why people keep thinking that.

KChiefs1
10-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Neinas is really selling it hard to MU. Too little to late?

vailpass
10-11-2011, 11:43 AM
You rag on Mizzou for beating their chest and then you say crap like this. Mizzou is not the fat girl with pimples, and you have no idea what the homecoming king has done or said.

The SEC does not ask anyone to join their league. They have said it time and again. There are no official or formal offers. Texas A & M was not invited...they asked to join.

Just because there is no official offer from the SEC does not mean nothing is happening. Not sure why people keep thinking that.

Ed scores a direct hit LMAO

kchero
10-11-2011, 11:43 AM

I wonder if the move to the SEC officially goes down if the nah-sayers ragging on Mizzou for not being attractive enough to move to a better conference will retract their comments...........im thinking no.

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2011, 11:44 AM

He made some interesting statements this morning. The most interesting one was along the lines of "Mizzou won't switch horses until after 2012"

Petro was speculating that to mean he was sending a message that the Big 12 was going to go for maximum exit fees. I think they would have a tough time doing that since they would have to put out the perception that the league is very weak for that to work.

kchero
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM

Has anything new developed regarding Neinas selling the Big XII to Mizzou today?

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Ed scores a direct hit LMAO

I am sure if I call Iowa a fat girl with pimples you would say something. I fail to see how every other school can have pride...but not Mizzou. Anytime Mizzou gets excited or proud about anything the KU/K-State crowd has a fucking conniption.

vailpass
10-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I wonder if the move to the SEC officially goes down if the nah-sayers ragging on Mizzou for not being attractive enough to move to a better conference will retract their comments...........im thinking no.

The large majority of people saying those things are KU/KSU fans. Why would rivals retract their smack? If MU goes SEC there is a better chance of them shifting to sister-fucking smack than there is of them playing nice with you.
Which is as it should be.

kchero
10-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I am sure if I call Iowa a fat girl with pimples you would say something. I fail to see how every other school can have pride...but not Mizzou. Anytime Mizzou gets excited or proud about anything the KU/K-State crowd has a ****ing conniption.

Exactly, are we suppose to not be fans of our institution. I am quite sure if the ACC was entertaining having KU or K-state they would be doing the same thing Mizzou is doing right now.

Pants
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Exactly, are we suppose to not be fans of our institution. I am quite sure if the ACC was entertaining having KU or K-state they would be doing the same thing Mizzou is doing right now.

:crybaby:

vailpass
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I am sure if I call Iowa a fat girl with pimples you would say something. I fail to see how every other school can have pride...but not Mizzou. Anytime Mizzou gets excited or proud about anything the KU/K-State crowd has a ****ing conniption.

They are your rivals, their behavior is by the book. Your showing them it bothers you is a break down on your part and gives them fuel to burn. It's frigging college rival smack for god's sake, give it back or laugh at it.

vailpass
10-11-2011, 11:55 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nbZEkFLXh9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2011, 11:57 AM
They are your rivals, their behavior is by the book. Your showing them it bothers you is a break down on your part and gives them fuel to burn. It's frigging college rival smack for god's sake, give it back or laugh at it.

Have no problem with the smack, it is just the KU/KSU folks seemed shocked, shocked that gambling is going in this casino. They seem surprised that Mizzou fans say anything at all, and then get outraged when their senseless smack gets refuted by facts and reality.

I could, I suppose, make a long post about our rivals being sister fuckers and the like, but that is so readily apparent it does not need to be mentioned. :D

Never said ed bothered me, just said he was full of crap, and proceeded to articulate why I thought so.

The Big XII is still nervous, despite adding TCU. That much is readily apparent. I think Neinas believes if he can convince MU to stay, that will put the instability of the BIG XII to rest, as it would be perceived as a sign of strength.

kchero
10-11-2011, 11:57 AM
:crybaby:

Ohh,...wait the ACC is not entertaining you guys.....I guess its nice to even have the possibility of options.

Pants
10-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Have no problem with the smack, it is just the KU/KSU folks seemed shocked, shocked that gambling is going in this casino. They seem surprised that Mizzou fans say anything at all, and then get outraged when their senseless smack gets refuted by facts and reality.

I could, I suppose, make a long post about our rivals being sister ****ers and the like, but that is so readily apparent it does not need to be mentioned. :D

Never said ed bothered me, just said he was full of crap, and proceeded to articulate why I thought so.

The Big XII is still nervous, despite adding TCU. That much is readily apparent. I think Neinas believes if he can convince MU to stay, that will put the instability of the BIG XII to rest, as it would be perceived as a sign of strength.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Jesus Christ.

Bearcat
10-11-2011, 11:58 AM

I'm sure a lot of Mizzou fans have a realistic view of their program, but around here most of it will always be overshadowed by the constant stream of full retard MU/KU trash talk. It would be the same stuff if KU was in a bigger state with more TVs, wasn't currently a laughing stock in CFB, and was the one possibly moving to another conference.... KU fans would speculate to no end, MU fans would get annoyed and talk about KU fans thumping their chest, KU fans would laugh from the so-called butthurt, both sides would continue to misinterpret and generalize every little thing each fan said as the opinion of the entire fanbase, then MU fans would laugh if/when the move didn't happen.

Meh.

Pants
10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Ohh,...wait the ACC is not entertaining you guys.....I guess its nice to even have the possibility of options.

And yet, you're the one crying like a little bitch.

kchero

I could, I suppose, make a long post about our rivals being sister ****ers and the like, but that is so readily apparent it does not need to be mentioned. :D

Exactly

vailpass

Mizzou is a quality program and a quality school. Why the hell would anything anyone says bother you? It's how the game is played.

kchero
10-11-2011, 12:00 PM
And yet, you're the one crying like a little bitch.

Yea, im crying....im over here shaking....:rolleyes:

evenfall
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
The funniest thing here is the butthurt KU (or whomever) fans acting like "standing strong" in a deflated conference is a matter of morality, acting like if their school had a football team, they would not be entertaining this. If Kansas had a football team and the SEC would even entertain the notion they'd be doing the exact same thing, clammoring to switch to an elevator that is going upward.

Who knows what will happen, but the idea is not ridiculous. It sounds like Missouri's propensity to shoot themselves in the foot is the biggest obstacle here.

I just think the biggest laugh of all is rival fans acting like life in the Big 12 is great when they'd be doing the same dance if they had any options.

MU might screw this up yet, but come on.

|Zach|
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
B12 adds TCU yesterday. But it will be impossible to leave the conference in a week. Haha.

Lets just keep taking our sweet time to figure out what is best for Missouri.

http://brightwithnow.com/images/hammock_sourcecopy.gif

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm sure a lot of Mizzou fans have a realistic view of their program, but around here most of it will always be overshadowed by the constant stream of full retard MU/KU trash talk. It would be the same stuff if KU was in a bigger state with more TVs, wasn't currently a laughing stock in CFB, and was the one possibly moving to another conference.... KU fans would speculate to no end, MU fans would get annoyed and talk about KU fans thumping their chest, KU fans would laugh from the so-called butthurt, both sides would continue to misinterpret and generalize every little thing each fan said as the opinion of the entire fanbase, then MU fans would laugh if/when the move didn't happen.

Meh.

If you could put this in an algorithm it would help.

|Zach|
10-11-2011, 12:05 PM
The people that are talking about how much Missouri doesn't matter are the same people that are blaming them for conference instability in the Big 12 and creating this mess.

You guys don't matter! Damn you for ruining everything when you glanced across the room!

LMAOLMAO

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
The people that are talking about how much Missouri doesn't matter are the same people that are blaming them for conference instability in the Big 12 and creating this mess.

You guys don't matter! Damn you for ruining everything when you glanced across the room!

LMAOLMAO

Mizzou...the school that doesn't matter so much that it matters. LOL

All of this is Mizzou's fault, but we are just the fat girl with pimples.

kchero
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM

LMAOLMAO

Exactly, they want it both ways....its just irrational thought occuring from their butthurt.

vailpass
10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Exactly, they want it both ways....its just irrational thought occuring from their butthurt.

:spock:

Pants
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
The funniest thing here is the butthurt KU (or whomever) fans acting like "standing strong" in a deflated conference is a matter of morality, acting like if their school had a football team, they would not be entertaining this. If Kansas had a football team and the SEC would even entertain the notion they'd be doing the exact same thing, clammoring to switch to an elevator that is going upward.

Care to point this out? I haven't really seen anyone except Wickedson say anything remotely close to this.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:11 PM

Who knows what will happen, but the idea is not ridiculous. It sounds like Missouri's propensity to shoot themselves in the foot is the biggest obstacle here.

I just think the biggest laugh of all is rival fans acting like life in the Big 12 is great when they'd be doing the same dance if they had any options.

MU might screw this up yet, but come on.

WTF?

:facepalm:

vailpass
10-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Care to point this out? I haven't really seen anyone except Wickedson say anything remotely close to this.

To be fair, he does spew enough stupid for all of you.

evenfall
10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
B12 adds TCU yesterday. But it will be impossible to leave the conference in a week. Haha.

Lets just keep taking our sweet time to figure out what is best for Missouri.

http://brightwithnow.com/images/hammock_sourcecopy.gif

I am sure its being worked on. We don't know what is happening behind the scenes. There could be haggling going on internal to the SEC about divisional alignment or who knows what else. I am sure they'd want to have all the details in place - to make sure current members are agreed - before moving forward. And then there is the behind the scenes stuff around inviting to apply as well.

It took a few weeks after A&M declared themselves free agents or whatever, for their joining up with the SEC to materialize. But this time around they would have to agree on rivalry matchups and if one team has to switch east/west.

Unless something horrible happens like the conference saying they won't expand or MU recomitting to the Big 12, I won't worry much.

Pants
10-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Where are all these dumbass MU fans living in MN coming from?

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Where are all these dumbass MU fans living in MN coming from?

Umm... Minnesota would be my guess.

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 12:22 PM

LMAO

Pants

HAR HAR clever WTI is clever.

I guess that one dude has actually been here since 2003 so never mind. I thought they both joined this year.

evenfall

Him in large part, but also the "you guys are the fat girl at the prom" talk in the last few pages. Correct, it is minority opinion. But, why act like the very idea that it could happen at all is ridiculous when clearly it is not? Although it was botched last year and may be again, the two highest level football conferences at least entertained the idea. It's not "fat girl with pimples"... That is just hilarious sour grapes.

Also, by my count there are only two of us dumbasses from MN here. Though I see more car stickers and license plate frames than you would expect here, both for Missouri and Kansas.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:23 PM
To be fair, he does spew enough stupid for all of you.

But on the other side, MU has ROYrunn and CoMo agreeing with them. So the three horseman of the idiotpocalypse are torn on MU leaving.

That's the kind of endorsement that kills a campaign.

Rooster
10-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Can't we all just agree to hate Nebraska until this thing gets sorted out?:D

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:26 PM
HAR HAR clever WTI is clever.

I guess that one dude has actually been here since 2003 so never mind. I thought they both joined this year.

*blushing*

I had to. If it wasn't me, it would have been somebody else.

Pants
10-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Him in large part, but also the "you guys are the fat girl at the prom" talk in the last few pages. Correct, it is minority opinion. But, why act like the very idea that it could happen at all is ridiculous when clearly it is not? Although it was botched last year and may be again, the two highest level football conferences at least entertained the idea. It's not "fat girl with pimples"... That is just hilarious sour grapes.

Also, by my count there are only two of us dumbasses from MN here. Though I see more car stickers and license plate frames than you would expect here, both for Missouri and Kansas.

Your school is the definition of futility when it comes to Athletic Department success. Your state has 6,000,000 people living in it and only one BCS school, it takes a special dedication to suck as bad as your school does. Don't take someone saying MU is a land whale covered in zits so personally, though. You're a wanted a school. Happy?

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Your school is the definition of futility when it comes to Athletic Department success. Your state has 6,000,000 people living in it and only one BCS school, it takes a special dedication to suck as bad as your school does. Don't take someone saying MU is a land whale covered in zits so personally, though. You're a wanted a school. Happy?Well, at least we know where you stand.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Land whale covered in zigs?

Har har har... That's good.

Edit: "zits" fucking autocorrect.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:31 PM
But on the other side, MU has ROYrunn and CoMo agreeing with them. So the three horseman of the idiotpocalypse are torn on MU leaving.

You believe some strange shit Bill... Very strange...

evenfall
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Your school is the definition of futility when it comes to Athletic Department success. Your state has 6,000,000 people living in it and only one BCS school, it takes a special dedication to suck as bad as your school does. Don't take someone saying MU is a land whale covered in zits so personally, though. You're a wanted a school. Happy?

What would Turner Gill think if he heard you speaking to me so discourteously?

Pants
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
You believe some strange shit Bill... Very strange...

As do you, man. As do you.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 12:34 PM

I had to put on my glasses to make sure this wasn't a Wickeddumb post.

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Actually, when I joined Chiefsplanet in 03, my family was living in MN. That is where my wife is from. We have since moved back to KC.

I don't really care what insults people want to hurl. Just made a comment about ed being full of crap, which he is.

I am a Mizzou and fan and think the SEC is a good move for them. I think it will help realize some of the potential that I always heard analysts spout off about over the years. Mizzou has been called "a sleeping giant" more than once, and I hope someday the giant truly awakens. I think it can.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
As do you, man. As do you.

I guess not sucking the ball sack of Texas is strange, then I admit I am guilty.

I deserve to be called out on that.

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
I guess not sucking the ball sack of Texas is strange, then I admit I am guilty.

At least you are not in denial like Wickedson, I will give you that. Most of your points in this thread have been realistic.

|Zach|
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
We need some positivity in here.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KLvGW_lUo_E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:38 PM
ROYrunn, you suckball sack in so many ways, that NOT sucking Texas ballsack makes you even more of a ballsack sucking ballsack.

Got that? Good. Now go suck some ballsack.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
At least you are not in denial like Wickedson, I will give you that. Most of your points in this thread have been realistic.

WTI and I dont really care much for each other. Actually there isnt anything but pure hate between us... So no love loss between him and I.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
ROYrunn, you suckball sack in so many ways, that NOT sucking Texas ballsack makes you even more of a ballsack sucking ballsack.

Got that? Good. Now go suck some ballsack.

Good effort.

Pants
10-11-2011, 12:40 PM

I really like you as a person so I've been trying to just ignore your posts, but you say some of the dumbest shit, man. I mean, nobody fucking wants Kansas at this point. The only reason MU is not "sucking the ball sack of Texas" (whatever the fuck that even means) is because they might actually have options. What in the world do you want KU to do? Go independent? Jesus Christ, man.

Mr. Plow

lol. He's traded washing the ballsack of UT for washing the ballsack of MU...of course you think his points have been realistic. ROFL

vailpass

LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk
10-11-2011, 12:41 PM
shit just got unreal....

..no?

Mr. Plow
10-11-2011, 12:42 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSD3CSgAMO-ThAc8CTNQ-RJSDV-4wBbVRgOkil5yq7WScdcO0ZoyA

Pants
10-11-2011, 12:43 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI4LDpum9gTyN4CKxHwwYu7nYHcg6SozLIyXCxBCKf12gkEAdfvkXXVtWp

LMAO

evenfall
10-11-2011, 12:43 PM
You guys talk about ballsacks a lot.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Good effort.

Well I wanted to put in words you seem to understand. Ok, maybe not understand. But words you've been using. Well maybe not using. Just words that seem to describe your sexual frustration.

Ballsack, lube,Texas, lube, cock swallowing, lube, Texas.

All signs are pointing to something here.

Bearcat
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
If you could put this in an algorithm it would help.

Thrown together, but it's a start...

while (mySearchStatus == pending)
{
currentConferenceStatus = unstable;
myMentalComplex = superiority;
yourMentalComplex = butthurt;
speculationLevel = wild;
thumpChest (myMentalComplex, yourMentalComplex);
theorize (speculationLevel);

checkSearchStatus();
if (mySearchStatus == approved) {
fap;
exit;
}

if (mySearchStatus == rejected) {
currentConferenceStatus = stable;
myMentalComplex = rationalization;
yourMentalComplex = arrogantAsshole;
shotSelfinFoot = true;
whine (shotSelfinFoot);
}
)

while (yourSearchStatus == pending)
{
yourMentalComplex = delusional;
speculationLevel = moderate;

checkSearchStatus();
if (yourSearchStatus == approved) {

myEOW = near; # (end of world)
whine (myEOW);
}

if (yourSearchStatus == rejected) {

myMentalComplex = troll;
yourMentalComplex = defensiveness;
fap;
exit;

}
)

Pants
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Thrown together, but it's a start...

while (mySearchStatus == pending)
{
currentConferenceStatus = unstable;
myMentalComplex = superiority;
yourMentalComplex = butthurt;
speculationLevel = wild;

checkSearchStatus();
if (mySearchStatus == approved) {
fap;
exit;
}

if (mySearchStatus == rejected) {
shotSelfinFoot = true;
whine (shotSelfinFoot);
}
)

while (yourSearchStatus == pending)
{
yourMentalComplex = delusional;
speculationLevel = moderate;

checkSearchStatus();
if (yourSearchStatus == approved) {

myEOW = near; # (end of world)
whine (myEOW);
}

if (yourSearchStatus == rejected) {

myMentalComplex = troll;
yourMentalComplex = defensiveness;
fap;

}
)

Holy fuckass.

LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Holy shit! That's hilarious.

Can you add ballsack, ballwashing, cock swallowing, lube, Texas and anal to that under the category off ROYrunn?

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I really like you as a person so I've been trying to just ignore your posts, but you say some of the dumbest shit, man. I mean, nobody ****ing wants Kansas at this point. The only reason MU is not "sucking the ball sack of Texas" (whatever the **** that even means) is because they might actually have options. What in the world do you want KU to do? Go independent? Jesus Christ, man.

I want KU to avoid a Non BCS conference in the near future... Would be nice to have them in the B1G or the PAC when it all shakes out. I would be thrilled if they would go there now and avoid this clusterfuck of a conference.

|Zach|
10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I want KU to avoid a Non BCS conference in the near future... Would be nice to have them in the B1G or the PAC when it all shakes out. I would be thrilled if they would go there now and avoid this cluster**** of a conference.

But what exactly do you want KU to do is what he is asking and it is fair.

You can't force other conferences to want KU.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Holy shit! That's hilarious.

Can you add ballsack, ballwashing, cock swallowing, lube, Texas and anal to that under the category off ROYrunn?

I have to give you one thing... No matter what, your infatuation with me is never ending.

for that I give you props...

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:52 PM

You are right and that is the frustrating part about it.

Pants
I want KU to avoid a Non BCS conference in the near future... Would be nice to have them in the B1G or the PAC when it all shakes out. I would be thrilled if they would go there now and avoid this cluster**** of a conference.

How do you propose we achieve this? Do you think KU can call up B1G (ROFL) or PAC and just request an invite from them?

|Zach|

But you seem to be pissed off at the actions of KU. I mean...they can't make magic happen.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:54 PM

Hasn't he made it clear? He wants out!

Honestly, we all know it's ROYrunn contrarian schtick of late. It started with Herm. Nobody wanted Herm. But he figured if he yelled loud enough somebody would hear him.

Same thing here.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:55 PM
How do you propose we achieve this? Do you think KU can call up B1G (ROFL) or PAC and just request an invite from them?

If we were even remotely close to being a football school, I would suggest that we do that.

BUT since we are baskeball and a football after thought, its quite impossible to request an invite from anyone. I understand that.

Its just frustration that my beloved school has nothing to offer anyone... Therefore I vent about it here.

It just sucks sitting here waiting on this thing to sink before we end up anywhere.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
But you seem to be pissed off at the actions of KU. I mean...they can't make magic happen.

Too bad Lew is no longer around to make ridiculous promises.

Ol Sheahon Zenger can't quite make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Pants
10-11-2011, 12:57 PM

It's not frustrating to me because we stand to make a shit ton of money in the B12 and not have to travel to the coasts (unless WV joins) to play our conference games. Staying in the B12 is not "sucking Texas' cock". Neither is admitting that Texas and OU are the biggest money makers for the conference and being OK with them making more money (which they aren't even asking for anymore). KU wants to be a big boy? Improve the abortion of the football program and become a contender.

|Zach|
10-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I love chicken salad.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 12:58 PM
It's not frustrating to me because we stand to make a shit ton of money in the B12 and not have to travel to the coasts (unless WV joins) to play our conference games. Staying in the B12 is not "sucking Texas' cock". Neither is admitting that Texas and OU are the biggest money makers for the conference and being OK with them making more money (which they aren't even asking for anymore). KU wants to be a big boy? Improve the abortion of the football program and become a contender.

Oh..... BALLSACK!

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Oh..... BALLSACK!

:clap:

Funny but I still hate you passionately...

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 01:02 PM
:clap:

Funny but I still hate you passionately...

No you don't. If I weren't here to document your idiocy and reign you in, you'd just be another WiCoMoedson.

I'm just bringing you back to the pack.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
No you don't. If I weren't here to document your idiocy and reign you in, you'd just be another WiCoMoedson.

I'm just bringing you back to the pack.

Stop stalking me creeper!

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Stop stalking me creeper!

Oh! Hey! Everybody! ROYrunns being stalked!

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
In the conference re-alignment thread.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 01:17 PM
That has 4400 posts.

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 01:18 PM
LMAO

Braincase
10-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Not quite...

Braincase
10-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Almost to the station!

Braincase
Breathing hard...

Reerun_KC
Oh! Hey! Everybody! ROYrunns being stalked!

Still hate you.

Frazod
10-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Still hate you.

Yeah, that'll make him leave you alone. LMAO

DeezNutz
10-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Are KU and K-State fans still dreaming of living under longhorn scrotum?

Losers. Bwhahaahahah.

Psst. Mizzou has pimples. And can't get to the prom, according to Herm. lallwlwlaslzz.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 01:28 PM

I know. Well off to fly the friendly skies for a bit.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM

BALLSACK, I SAY!

Mr. Plow
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Are KU and K-State fans still dreaming of living under longhorn ballsack?

Losers. Bwhahaahahah.

Psst. Mizzou has pimples. And can't get to the prom, according to Herm. lallwlwlaslzz.

FYP

Discuss Thrower
10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
All this talk about ballsack has me excited.

Signed,

Buckinkaeding.

Bambi
10-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I thought that MU didn't have the votes to be accepted, thus no offer.

Has that situation changed?

Bambi
10-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Are KU and K-State fans still dreaming of living under longhorn scrotum?

Losers. Bwhahaahahah.

KU and KSU beat Texas on the field/court.

You should try it. Feels good.

Pants
10-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I thought that MU didn't have the votes to be accepted, thus no offer.

Has that situation changed?

Who knows?

Bambi
10-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Who knows?

So how are MU fans sitting here saying no one wants KU when no one wants MU either?

Doesn't make sense but it is kinda funny watching them think they're wanted.

DeezNutz
10-11-2011, 01:39 PM
KU and KSU beat Texas on the field/court.

You should try it. Feels good.

Quoting me isn't your best move, Wickedpinata.

Pants
So how are MU fans sitting here saying no one wants KU when no one wants MU either?

I'm pretty sure the SEC has shown enough interest in MU for them to know that they might be wanted.

Frazod

What's really funny is watching KUnts like you deflect that fact that you're 100% definitely undeniably unwanted.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 01:43 PM
This cant be a good sign during football driven conference re-alignment:

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Nobody wants Missouri, but the entire Big XII decided to restructure itself in order to keep Mizzou from leaving. That makes perfect sense.

kstater
10-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Over/Under on KSU fans in Lawrence? 30k?

Pants
10-11-2011, 01:44 PM

Meh, people will show up in droves again once the team is even borderline competitive in conference. What was KSU attendance like before OBZ rode in on his white steed?

DeezNutz
10-11-2011, 01:47 PM

Those are coming from Lew's "personal stash," so no worries.

evenfall
"Not having the votes" could just as easily mean there is internal politicking going on with each school trying to negotiate something for themselves out of the deal. Or, whatever article said that could be erroneous.

It's funny to think about. There has been very little hard information through the process. Any unnamed source could be information, disinformation, or speculation.

All we really know is that Missouri's posture has been away from the Big 12 by doing things like voting to investigate relocation. That is not something you do when there is no interest, not something you do if you think you might stay, not something they did with the Big Ten situation last year, as I remember.

HemiEd

No conniption here, just observing the let down. Some learned their lesson last year when they got all jacked up about being a part of the big 10.

|Zach|
10-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Nobody wants Missouri, but the entire Big XII decided to restructure itself in order to keep Mizzou from leaving. That makes perfect sense.

We don't matter!

We are ruining everything!

http://blogs.families.com/media/bipolar2.jpg

evenfall
10-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Obviously, they don't want to stage a prime time game in an empty stadium.

|Zach|
10-11-2011, 01:49 PM
No conniption here, just observing the let down. Some learned their lesson last year when they got all jacked up about being a part of the big 10.

So, this is all over eh?

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Maybe embarrassing giveaways like this are what ReeRun wants ku to do away with.

Frazod
10-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Obviously, they don't want to stage a prime time game in an empty stadium.

I'll bet they could fill it to capacity if they gave away a free tube of Preparation H with every ticket.

WilliamTheIrish
Meh, people will show up in droves again once the team is even borderline competitive in conference. What was KSU attendance like before OBZ rode in on his white steed?

About what it is now.

And I can say unequivocally that during OBZ absence, I never got an email like that.

So, BALLSACK! to you.

HemiEd
Mizzou is a quality program and a quality school. Why the hell would anything anyone says bother you? It's how the game is played.

This

Pants
10-11-2011, 01:52 PM
About what it is now.

And I can say unequivocally that during OBZ absence, I never got an email like that.

So, BALLSACK! to you.

I meant before OBZ's first arrival when your football team was equivalent to the local Riley county high school.

HemiEd
10-11-2011, 01:53 PM

LMAOLMAO

Glanced across the room? ROFL

You have been setting there with your legs spread wide open with no panties on.

kstater
10-11-2011, 01:54 PM
It's amazing to see KU fans compare their team to the what was the worst program in CFB history as a defense of their marketing.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 01:55 PM
It's amazing to see KU fans compare their team to the what was the worst program in CFB history as a defense of their marketing.

ORANGE BOWLZ!!!!!1111

|Zach|
10-11-2011, 01:55 PM

Is Missouri unimportant? Or did we help cause huge problems for one of the best conferences in the NCAA.

Here is a hint. You can't have both.

evenfall
10-11-2011, 01:57 PM

I don't know what will happen here, but I can tell you are really going to need a support system if this deal does go down. I just want you to know that we're all here for you.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Is Missouri unimportant? Or did we help cause huge problems for one of the best conferences in the NCAA.

...and the Big East. If Missouri started this, we changed the landscape of college athletics more than any school in the past 50 years. But we don't matter.

DaKCMan AP
10-11-2011, 01:59 PM
This thread has lost it's burst.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:00 PM
I know. Well off to fly the friendly skies for a bit.

Enjoy. The Sopwith Camel awaits!

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:01 PM
In reading that 45 page report that everyone's talking about, it sounds like the SEC schools stand to increase their television revenues by 45% from $20 million to $29 million per year from the addition of aTm and Mizzou when they re-work their contract.

Not a bad move for Slive.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I meant before OBZ's first arrival when your football team was equivalent to the local Riley county high school.

Bad enough that the Big 8 threatened to kick KSU out of the conference. A more logical comparison would be to ask the attendance 3 years after the 1st Fiesta Bowl.

Pants
10-11-2011, 02:03 PM

Oh was that what I was doing? I thought I was just talking about how fans don't tend to support atrocious teams.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
In reading that 45 page report that everyone's talking about, it sounds like the SEC schools stand to increase their television revenues by 45% from $20 million to $29 million per year from the addition of aTm and Mizzou when they re-work their contract.

Impossible. Mizzou just doesn't matter. GET OUT OF HERE ALREADY!!! (throws toys across the room and stomps off)

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Oh was that what I was doing? I thought I was just talking about how fans don't tend to support atrocious teams.

I think we both understood. But I gotta needle while I can. Things change quickly.

HemiEd
10-11-2011, 02:05 PM
So, this is all over eh?

It can't be, this is just too much fun.

|Zach|
Hey here is a shot from a 1932 Missouri football game for fun!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/354946/Mizzou_1932.jpg

Saul Good
Impossible. Mizzou just doesn't matter. GET OUT OF HERE ALREADY!!! (throws toys across the room and stomps off)

I'm giving you a deadline of 2:15 this afternoon to pick up those toys, or else I'm kicking you out of CP and making you pay me a bunch of money.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Link up that report. Or is it a rehash of that outkickthecoverage article?

Braincase
10-11-2011, 02:08 PM

And the final score, Kansas 7, Mizzou 0.

Thanks, I needed that!

Saul Good
Link up that report. Or is it a rehash of that outkickthecoverage article?

Rehash. My post should have read "reading on" that report, not "reading the" report.

HemiEd
I don't know what will happen here, but I can tell you are really going to need a support system if this deal does go down. I just want you to know that we're all here for you.

I guess you just don't understand, this thread is just plain fun. I really do not care what Mizzou does.
I did when they started this stuff, but I really don't now. Good luck to them, hopefully they will find someone that wants them, that makes them feel equal.

beer bacon
10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
What's the logical step from Missouri has not been invited into the SEC -----> Missouri will not get invited by the SEC?

Isn't is possible that a school going from one conference to another is a complicated process that doesn't happen overnight.

The SEC needs to decide what they want their conference to look like with 14 teams. Will there be divisions? What division will Missouri be in? It sounds like Alabama is holding things up because they won't want Missouri in a Western division and Auburn in the easier East.

On their end, Missouri needs to negotiate things like their exit fees.

Saul Good

Thanks, I needed that!

So Kansas played defense back then? My how things have changed.

WilliamTheIrish

In contrast, here's a pic of the first fumble in the 2011 KU vs Okie St game.

Bambi
10-11-2011, 02:10 PM

lol, I love this.

Oh course crowds are bad when the team isn't very good.

Why is this news?

Look at the Chiefs the last few years

Bambi
10-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I guess you just don't understand, this thread is just plain fun. I really do not care what Mizzou does.
I did when they started this stuff, but I really don't now. Good luck to them, hopefully they will find someone that wants them, that makes them feel equal.

I admit I wanted MU to stay in the beginning for tradition reasons and easy victories.

Now I couldn't care less especially that we are looking at adding (or have added) BCS winning football programs, which MU is not...

|Zach|

Thanks, I needed that!

Is that Kansas they are playing?

beer bacon
Yeap. Every football team gives away tickets when they aren't playing so well. Obviously.

Bambi
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Quoting me isn't your best move, Wickedpinata.

Why? KU has made truckloads of money and championships by being linked to Texas.

Sorry it hasn't worked out as well for you guys.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
What's the logical step from Missouri has not been invited into the SEC -----> Missouri will not get invited by the SEC?

Isn't is possible that a school going from one conference to another is a complicated process that doesn't happen overnight.

The SEC needs to decide what they want their conference to look like with 14 teams. Will there be divisions? What division will Missouri be in? It sounds like Alabama is holding things up because they won't want Missouri in a Western division and Auburn in the easier East.

On their end, Missouri needs to negotiate things like their exit fees.

Conferences don't give invitations, so there really is nothing to discuss in that regard. Mizzou will apply to the SEC, or they will stay with the Big XII. There will be no invitation. The division alignment has to be worked out, as does the exit fee situation.

The exit fees don't worry me, as there is precedent already established from Nebraska and Colorado's departure. It could easily be argued that there should be little to no exit fees required because the conference no longer exists in the manner it did when we signed our contract.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Why? KU has made truckloads of money and championships by being linked to Texas.

Sorry it hasn't worked out as well for you guys.

You've got so much money that you can't afford to fire your coach.

Frazod
10-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I admit I wanted MU to stay in the beginning for tradition reasons and easy victories.

Now I couldn't care less especially that we are looking at adding (or have added) BCS winning football programs, which MU is not...

LMAO

I'm beginning to think that Wickedson is attached to an electrical device that gives him a severe shock if he doesn't make some pathetic backhanded attempt to remind us all that Kansas once backed into a BCS game at least once an hour.

Bambi
10-11-2011, 02:18 PM

KU could easily fire Turner Gill.

Its the middle of the season though, the offense has improved considerably from last year...

He's got the rest of the season to make the defense to at least resemble a BCS conference team.

Otherwise he is gone.

Bambi
10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
LMAO

I'm beginning to think that Wickedson is attached to an electrical device that gives him a severe shock if he doesn't make some pathetic backhanded attempt to remind us all that Kansas once backed into a BCS game at least once an hour.

I was talking about TCU and Louisville.

KU is far from the BCS level that they were a few years ago.

I have no problem admitting that.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:20 PM

The inflatable GridIron Club with Barcaloungers in the end zone is a huge successful money maker.

Frazod
10-11-2011, 02:21 PM

Sorry, sweetheart, but figuring you out is about as tough as KU's 2007 schedule.

Saul Good

Yeah, Louisville's really kicking some ass. KU thinks Louisville's football success was a fluke.

WilliamTheIrish

Its the middle of the season though, the offense has improved considerably from last year...

He's got the rest of the season to make the defense to at least resemble a BCS conference team.

Otherwise he is gone.

No. He'll get year three.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:22 PM

Um, no. They couldn't. They have no money to pay Mangino, Gill, and Jim Harbaugh.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
sptwri Mike DeArmond
Note to my friend Chuck Neinas: Planned SEC Network est is $170 million.

http://www.lindsaybrothers.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/scrooge-mcduck.jpg

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:23 PM

They do resemble a BCS conference team. Unfortunately, that team is Maryland circa 1997.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:24 PM
sptwri Mike DeArmond

http://www.lindsaybrothers.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/scrooge-mcduck.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKISmzmO9Mw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kstater
10-11-2011, 02:25 PM
sptwri Mike DeArmond

Same rehash of outkickthecoverage article.

Rooster
10-11-2011, 02:26 PM
The inflatable GridIron Club with Barcaloungers in the end zone is a huge successful money maker.

ROFLROFL Okay that one is pretty good.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:27 PM
So DeDrunkmond is rehashing the outkickthecoverage numbers too?

Boy is he running amok, getting the natives all askew.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:30 PM
So DeDrunkmond is rehashing the outkickthecoverage numbers too?

Boy is he running amok, getting the natives all askew.

Actually, that would be ESPN and 810 from what I've heard/seen today. outkick didn't invent these numbers. They came from a report put together by MU.

Pants
10-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Actually, that would be ESPN and 810 from what I've heard/seen today. outkick didn't invent these numbers. They came from a report put together by MU.

When do you expect the move to happen?

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:34 PM

You'd think they would want to keep that internal.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 02:36 PM

True, probably don't want the poor conferences to know how much cash you have stored in the basement safe.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:38 PM

I'm far from convinced that it will happen. MUrphy's Law* aside, I think it will still be a few weeks. aTm took forever, and I don't know why MU would be any faster. Mizzou has nothing to gain by acting quickly. The Big XII keeps sweetening the pot, and time is on our side.

Even if the SEC and MU have a handshake agreement, it would make more sense to wait out the Big XII. The Big XII needs to replace MU, and they can't do that as long as we are lounging in the conference just minding our own business. It's very possible that Mizzou is trying to wait out the Big XII to the point where they release us from our contract or settle for a vastly reduced exit fee. Of course, it's also very possible that MU fucks this up completely.

* I think I just coined a phrase.

Braincase
10-11-2011, 02:39 PM

Unless they were trying to create leverage with the Big 12.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:40 PM

Maybe. Or maybe they want it known that they have done their homework and have just improved the school's bottom line by $12,000,000 per year. I really don't know how/why this was released.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:40 PM
True, probably don't want the poor conferences to know how much cash you have stored in the basement safe.

For all the "Missouri will take it's time" you blathered about this AM, one would think that numbers like this would make the decision easy.

Guess not.

Bambi
10-11-2011, 02:41 PM

LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Unless they were trying to create leverage with the Big 12.

Who needs leverage if you've got that stash waiting for you? F that. I'm heading south.

Unless it's horseshit. And if it's from drunky, it probably is.

Mr. Plow
10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
aTm took forever,

Wasn't that primarily because of the threat of lawsuits?

Chocolate Hog
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Has MU been invited to the SEC yet? Been busy at work.

kstater
10-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Has MU been invited to the SEC yet? Been busy at work.

Get with the program, you don't get invited to conferences. You invite yourself and then get voted up or down.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Wasn't that primarily because of the threat of lawsuits?

Lawsuits and exit fees, yes. I don't see that these issues have vanished entirely.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Who needs leverage if you've got that stash waiting for you? F that. I'm heading south.

There's still the threat of a $25 million exit penalty to address.

beer bacon
10-11-2011, 02:51 PM

Also, the Big 12 is kinda busy with Ken Starr suing them for poaching TCU out of the Big East.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM

Settle up Southies!

I want some bball practice facility upgrades. and I want them on your dime.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Settle up Southies!

I want some bball practice facility upgrades. and I want them on your dime.

Nebraska paid around $6,000,000. Now that the conference is a shell of what it was when we signed our contract, I'd guess Mizzou gets stuck for around $3,000,000. Your share would be in the $250,000 range. Don't spend it all in one place.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Nebraska paid around $6,000,000. Now that the conference is a shell of what it was when we signed our contract, I'd guess Mizzou gets stuck for around $3,000,000. Your share would be in the $250,000 range. Don't spend it all in one place.

I don't think you get off that easy. Especially if you've shown your $12 million full house hand to the table.

Pants
10-11-2011, 02:58 PM
VE VANT ZE MONEYS LEBOVSKI!

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't think you get off that easy. Especially if you've shown your $12 million full house hand to the table.

We'll just sit tight until the 11th hour, then. No worries. I'm sure that Neinas isn't under any kind of time crunch to try to replace Mizzou or anything.

eazyb81
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM

Big 12 is going to somehow end up owing Mizzou money by the time this is over if Neinas keeps talking.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
We'll just sit tight until the 11th hour, then. No worries. I'm sure that Neinas isn't under any kind of time crunch to try to replace Mizzou or anything.

No, I imagine he's got a couple of years. Mizzou's invite won't last that long.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Big 12 is going to somehow end up owing Mizzou money by the time this is over if Neinas keeps talking.

Sure thing Gabe.

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 03:04 PM
No, I imagine he's got a couple of years. Mizzou's invite won't last that long.

If it's already agreed that MU is going to the SEC, there's no threat of the offer expiring. The SEC has already made it clear that they like to take their time. Sorry to disappoint you, though.

Just be glad that K-State doesn't have to worry about exit fees incurred from bolting to a better conference.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2011, 03:07 PM
If it's already agreed that MU is going to the SEC, there's no threat of the offer expiring. The SEC has already made it clear that they like to take their time. Sorry to disappoint you, though.

Just be glad that K-State doesn't have to worry about exit fees incurred from bolting to a better conference.

MU never disappoints me. Their fans never disappoint me.

Just pay the full share of our 25mil at the cashiers window on your way to the SEC East.

Bambi
10-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Damn, Kietzman hates Missouri more than I do.

Chocolate Hog
10-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Has Mizzou won a conference game yet?