PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Saul Good
10-17-2011, 09:16 PM
LMAO I had a WTF moment, and then decided to just leave it alone.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/hshaebr/Face.jpghttp://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/hshaebr/palm_tree-11931.jpg

Saul Good
10-17-2011, 09:16 PM
So you see Missouri competing for NC's in the SEC?

Not right away, but that should be the goal.

KChiefs1
10-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Pretty predictable.

The Big 12 is now the more stable conference. There's more money to be made in the Big 12 anyway. Etc....

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

KChiefs1
10-17-2011, 09:19 PM

Should always be the goal.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Baby steps. Try winning the Big XII first. It's fun.

Saul Good
10-17-2011, 09:25 PM

Around here, the goal seems to be to play shittier and shittier competition so that you can win as many meaningless games as possible or to just focus on an inferior sport that your team is good at.

DJ's left nut
10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Solid point about the junior membership. But the B1G is just a better fit in my mind. Geographically it's no contest, the B1G schools are more similar institutions, the culture is more comparable, etc.

I know people (myself included) are still jaded after we got left at the altar last year, but it doesn't diminish the fact that Mizzou looks a hell of a lot more like your average B1G school than your average SEC school.

If the B1G wanted us, they'd have made a move by now.

I feel like the B1G people are like Adam Sandler during the "D.enise Show" skits on Saturday Night Live.

http://mimg.ugo.com/201102/8/6/2/172268/cuts/denise_528x297.jpg

BRIAN YOU'RE EMBARRASSING THE FAMILY!

She's not coming back. But the SEC makes a pretty passable Nicole Kidman in this analogy.

|Zach|
10-17-2011, 09:27 PM
That is a great reference.

Saul Good
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Baby steps. Try winning the Big IIX first. It's fun.

That's better...

Saul Good
10-17-2011, 09:29 PM
If the B1G wanted us, they'd have made a move by now.

I feel like the B1G people are like Adam Sandler during the "D.enise Show" skits on Saturday Night Live.

http://mimg.ugo.com/201102/8/6/2/172268/cuts/denise_528x297.jpg

BRIAN YOU'RE EMBARRASSING THE FAMILY!

She's not coming back. But the SEC makes a pretty passable Nicole Kidman in this analogy.

The B1G offered us a junior membership.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2011, 09:29 PM
That's better...

Remember when you guys were good at football? That was a fun 5 years.

|Zach|
10-17-2011, 09:30 PM

lol, you don't get trashed by us one year and we are done.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM

:LOL:

SPchief
10-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Is it about time for Wickedson to come in and puff his chest about KU basketball yet in this cycle?

|Zach|
10-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Well I guess we will have to ruin everything and not matter at the same time somewhere else?

Saulbadguy
10-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Well I guess we will have to ruin everything and not matter at the same time somewhere else?

It's a Chiefs message board. There is very little separation between who cares and ruin everything.

NewChief
10-17-2011, 09:39 PM

Mizzou is further along with their (football) program currently than Arkansas was when we joined the SEC.

|Zach|
10-17-2011, 09:39 PM
It's a Chiefs message board. There is very little separation between who cares and ruin everything.

It is more like a group of people just wanting to emote and not knowing why.

We hate you we hate you...

we hate you because you dont matter!

we hate because you messed up this great thing we had!

we hate you because we cant make up our minds about how we hate you!

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/381290-drama_queen.jpg

Saulbadguy
10-17-2011, 09:41 PM
We've always hated Missouri. Never needed a reason.

kchero
10-17-2011, 09:42 PM

ROFL

VonneMarie
10-17-2011, 09:45 PM

ROFL

Frazod
10-17-2011, 09:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7117069/report-missouri-tigers-application-join-sec-imminent

Report: Mizzou moves closer to SEC bid
ESPN.com news services

The New York Times is reporting Missouri's decision to officially apply for membership in the Southeastern Conference is "inevitable and imminent."

The newspaper, citing an official familiar with school decisions involving conference affiliation, reported Monday night that Mizzou officials expect to get enough votes among SEC presidents to become a member, although the school would still need to be formally invited to join the conference.

Missouri curators, who must approve any change in conference alignment, are scheduled to next meet at the University of Missouri, Kansas City on Oct. 20-21.

While interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas said last week he expects Mizzou to stay in the league and SEC commissioner Mike Slive has said the conference has no immediate expansion plans, The Times reported the Tigers could join the SEC as early as next year.

SEC presidents voted to accept Texas A&M as the league's 13th member in September and several SEC athletic directors have suggested that adding a 14th team to balance league schedules is inevitable.

Mizzou curators agreed unanimously earlier this month to give Chancellor Brady Deaton the authority to look elsewhere rather than immediately commit to the Big 12. A 45-page document presented to curators suggests the school would hope to get as much as $12 million more each year in additional revenue with a move to the SEC if TV deals are renegotiated.
The document, which was obtained by The Associated Press, states Missouri would not suffer a dramatic loss in academic prestige with an SEC move. The SEC has three other members of the prestigious Association of American Universities: Florida, soon-to-arrive Texas A&M and Vanderbilt, the same number as the Big 12 now has, excluding Missouri.

TCU accepted an invitation last week to join the Big 12. The Horned Frogs will replace the Aggies, keeping the league at 10 members when the Aggies leave for the SEC next July.

While TCU will be the first new member since the Big 12 started play in 1996, Texas A&M will be the third school to leave. Nebraska (Big Ten) and Colorado (Pac-12) left this year.

A source with direct knowledge of the Big 12's expansion committee told ESPN.com's Andy Katz Monday that the Big 12 still has to decide if Missouri goes to the SEC if it wants to go to 10 or 12 members. The source said Louisville and West Virginia are two of the top candidates to replace a possible Missouri departure.

While Missouri is a charter member of the Big 12, founded in 1996 when the Big Eight schools added four members of the defunct Southwest Conference, dissatisfaction with the conference has grown. In the early '90s, with the Big Eight on the verge of collapse, Missouri pushed to join the Big Ten and a group of state business leaders even formed a lobbying group.

Asked at a news conference last week about the potential costs of a league departure -- hours before curators discussed the financial document -- Deaton demurred.

"We're really just beginning the exploration of our options, and those figures will become very clear during that process," he said. "At this time we've made no decision (to leave). That's a bit of a hypothetical."
Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com senior writer Andy Katz was used in this report.

kchero
10-17-2011, 09:58 PM
The theme song of KU/KSU over Mizzou's defection to the SEC.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b0dVykd2i6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good
10-17-2011, 10:02 PM
We've always hated Missouri. Never needed a reason.

That's cool. I don't know any MU fans who hate the Eco Kats. Actually, I'm not aware of any KU fans who hate them, either. I've always thought of KSU like I think of the Chargers. They just don't evoke a strong reaction from me either way, even when they've had pockets of success that didn't amount to anything. The Cats will wind up in the MWC, and the Chargers will wind up in LA. I'll wish them both well, but I won't lose any sleep over it either way.

|Zach|
10-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I like Frank Martin. KSU football games are weird...I have no idea but they were always boring. Mizzou loses...game is close...Mizzou wins big. Didn't matter...it was generally boring.

Al Bundy
10-17-2011, 10:15 PM

Rep...

DeezNutz
10-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Louinnati is a better fit anyway. /Wildhawk fan

Saul Good
10-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Bring on the city schools.

WilliamTheIrish
10-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Y'all enjoy that sweet tea.

Reaper16
10-17-2011, 10:27 PM
K-State is going to be my preferred Big XII team now.

Saul Good
10-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Hook 'em.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2011, 10:44 PM

I assure you, that can be changed.

Reaper16
10-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I assure you, that can be changed.
K-State has always been my 2nd Big 8 & Big XII team. You guys being snarky assholes only further endears the Wildcats to me.

Frazod
10-17-2011, 10:52 PM

I won't have one. Fuck 'em all.

DaKCMan AP
10-17-2011, 10:56 PM
When Florida plays @ Mizzou they need to schedule it on the same weekend that the Chiefs have a home game.

Definitely making the trip for UF/MU on Saturday and KC/whoever on Sunday.

Al Bundy
10-17-2011, 11:01 PM
So... when are we going to the S.E.C. title game at arrowhead?

evenfall
10-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah but the fat girl with pimples didn't get asked to dance by the homecoming king.

http://i54.tinypic.com/er02sw.jpg

Reaper16
10-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Never, ever, not one single time at any point in history or future time.

kchero
10-17-2011, 11:12 PM
When Florida plays @ Mizzou they need to schedule it on the same weekend that the Chiefs have a home game.

Definitely making the trip for UF/MU on Saturday and KC/whoever on Sunday.

That would be a ridiculous weekend for you. :thumb:

Chocolate Hog
10-18-2011, 12:21 AM
K-State has always been my 2nd Big 8 & Big XII team. You guys being snarky assholes only further endears the Wildcats to me.

They use the word fag in Manhattan.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Is it about time for Wickedson to come in and puff his chest about KU basketball yet in this cycle?

eh, win something and I'll get nervous.

until then we're chillen.

:)

DaKCMan AP
10-18-2011, 07:13 AM

Yeah, not likely. It's always played at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. The basketball tournament travels.

allen_kcCard
10-18-2011, 08:14 AM
St. John laughed off a caller this morning that suggested that if MU goes to the SEC that radio stations here will in time stop covering him.

Something that crossed my mind as he seemed to think that was silly is, how many of that large pool of MU fans he mentioned are Cardinals baseball fans? 10%/? 25%? Half?

It seemed funny to me that he laughed it off so easily, when a team that is in the WS in the same state isn't hardly mentioned unless it is in a sportcenter update or interleague play.

Al Bundy
10-18-2011, 08:22 AM
St. John laughed off a caller this morning that suggested that if MU goes to the SEC that radio stations here will in time stop covering him.

Something that crossed my mind as he seemed to think that was silly is, how many of that large pool of MU fans he mentioned are Cardinals baseball fans? 10%/? 25%? Half?

It seemed funny to me that he laughed it off so easily, when a team that is in the WS in the same state isn't hardly mentioned unless it is in a sportcenter update or interleague play.

I think it has to do with a lot of people on this side of the state being Royals fans and just plain not liking the Cardinals. If Kansas City didn't have the Royals I think the Cards would get a lot of coverage. I think KK said he won't cover MU at all if they leave for the S.E.C.

Al Bundy
10-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Yeah, not likely. It's always played at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. The basketball tournament travels.

I didn't figure as much. I did have someone on my facebook think an MU-Arkansas FB game at Arrowhead would be fun.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 08:53 AM

A third of the population in the metro area are Mizzou fans. I'm pretty sure they're going to get a mention here and there when fucking Alabama comes to town.

Nick Wright has said that he can't wait to cover the SEC. I mean seriously, would you rather cover the Jayhawks traveling to Lubbock to play the Red Raiders or the Tigers visiting Death Valley? The Louisville Cardinals coming to Manhattan to square off against KSU or the Gators invading Faurot?

This is going to be badass.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Bye Guys...

Enjoy the new conference.

Reaper16
10-18-2011, 08:58 AM
The SEC basketball tourney will never once be played in Kansas City under the presumptive 14 team alignment. I would put money down.

The move to the SEC is great for the university, but make no mistake, everyone: this is a formal "fuck you" to Kansas City. St. Louis becomes MU's favorite and most important city now, by far. By proximity if nothing else.

allen_kcCard
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
A third of the population in the metro area are Mizzou fans. I'm pretty sure they're going to get a mention here and there when ****ing Alabama comes to town.

Nick Wright has said that he can't wait to cover the SEC. I mean seriously, would you rather cover the Jayhawks traveling to Lubbock to play the Red Raiders or the Tigers visiting Death Valley? The Louisville Cardinals coming to Manhattan to square off against KSU or the Gators invading Faurot?

I agree. I just thought it was funny that the idea of it happening to MU fans seemed impossible to him on one hand, where a team that isn't that much further and just as much a part of that fanbase as a whole is completely ignored.

allen_kcCard
10-18-2011, 09:03 AM
The SEC basketball tourney will never once be played in Kansas City under the presumptive 14 team alignment. I would put money down.

The move to the SEC is great for the university, but make no mistake, everyone: this is a formal "**** you" to Kansas City. St. Louis becomes MU's favorite and most important city now, by far. By proximity if nothing else.

Because of ~30 miles?

Reaper16
10-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Because of ~30 miles?
Proximity to the rest of the SEC. If Missouri is to ever host the basketball tourney then it would surely be in STL.

Dayze
10-18-2011, 09:06 AM
I"m a Bama fan, and can't wait for MU to join the SEC (assuming it happens). MU will become my favorite team to follow in the SEC, after my real favorite team. This will make listening to local talk radio a lot easier for me; I won't have to change the channel when they start talking about Big 12 FB as I now do.

Reaper16
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I"m a Bama fan, and can't wait for MU to join the SEC (assuming it happens). MU will become my favorite team to follow in the SEC, after my real favorite team. This will make listening to local talk radio a lot easier for me; I won't have to change the channel when they start talking about Big 12 FB as I now do.

"PAAAAAAAWWWWWWWLLLLLLLL, why do Missurah fans call themselves 'Mizzou.' They have three different names?"

Oh, you mean KC-area local radio, not Alabama radio. Nvm.

eazyb81
10-18-2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/Big-East-invites-UH-to-join-conference-2223466.php

Big East is reportedly inviting Houston. If my numbers are right, there are now 79 teams expected to join the Big East by 2013.

Bearcat

The move to the SEC is great for the university, but make no mistake, everyone: this is a formal "**** you" to Kansas City. St. Louis becomes MU's favorite and most important city now, by far. By proximity if nothing else.

If I was a Missouri fan living in KC, that would be the big downside to the SEC for me... the upsides would still be worth the move, but being so far away from the center of the SEC would suck, after years of MU/KU games at Arrowhead, hosting the Big 12 Tournament, etc.

OTOH, Delta has direct flights to Atlanta from KCI... :shrug:

evenfall
A third of the population in the metro area are Mizzou fans. I'm pretty sure they're going to get a mention here and there when fucking Alabama comes to town.

Wright is ready to capitalize on his rival KK making a fool of himself through this whole process, to the point where KK was intimating that they wouldn't spend much time covering Missouri. Wright is ready to accept the huddled masses of Mizzou fans yearning to breathe free of KK's butthurt.

If he thinks there won't be any local interest in Missouri, he is sadly mistaken. This will increase local awareness of Missouri, in football season especially.

Pants
10-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Do you think it's possible that a group of people doesn't share a hivemind? I don't know, maybe different people feel differently about this? Naw, they just can't make their minds up...

lulz

duncan_idaho
10-18-2011, 10:02 AM
One thing that will be interesting to see... how much will the KC market be considered a "Big 12-2-1-1" market for college football once Missouri is gone?

For basketball, KU obviously has the coverage in the market. For football, it's obvious they don't (unless they're having a miraculous season).

Missouri is the big draw among the local schools for college football.

I don't know that KU/KSU get enough TV sets during college football season that the Big 12 will get credit for that TV market when it comes time to renegotiate the football TV deals. T-shirt KU fans don't care about football, and Nebraska has as big a college football fan presence in KC as KSU. With 2/3 of the metro's population outside the league's footprint, the Big 12 might be negotiating a football deal without big markets outside Texas.

That was what ultimately destroyed the SWC (no major TV markets outside Texas)...

evenfall
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Duncan, I think that could be an important issue. Previously, let's say half of the Kansas City metro and most all of St. Louis were Big 12 markets. Losing basically 1.5 major cities is not going to help the revenue situation, to say nothing of replacing Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, and Missouri with TCU, Louisville, and whomever else.

The profile of the conference has both lessened and become even more Texas-centric than it was before Nebraska's departure. The revenue disparity is going to become wide as the SEC will be set for a big raise when the next TV deal happens, but the Big 12 can hardly expect that.

The Big 12 is a sinking ship, I think. I hope for the sake of the fans of bystanders schools that some kind of conference merge or basketball conference can be made, it would be awful for ISU fans or KSU fans or any others to be the victims here, for no sin other than being a second school in a small state. Seems kind of sad, though I agree with everyone doing what is best for their institution.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 10:29 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/Big-East-invites-UH-to-join-conference-2223466.php

Big East is reportedly inviting Houston. If my numbers are right, there are now 79 teams expected to join the Big East by 2013.

Yet they will still only have 5 football teams, and none of them will be ranked. The Mountain Conference West USA thinks the Big East is a cluster****.

track
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Wright is ready to capitalize on his rival KK making a fool of himself through this whole process, to the point where KK was intimating that they wouldn't spend much time covering Missouri. Wright is ready to accept the huddled masses of Mizzou fans yearning to breathe free of KK's butthurt.

If he thinks there won't be any local interest in Missouri, he is sadly mistaken. This will increase local awareness of Missouri, in football season especially.

One more reason not to listen to that nut job Wright.

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 10:38 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NpVWoF57sZg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 10:44 AM
One more reason not to listen to that nut job Wright.

Amen. Why would I care about the Florida\Georgia, LSU\Auburn, and Alabama\Tennessee games when I could hear about BYU/Baylor, Iowa State\Louisville, and Texas Tech\Kansas?

eazyb81
10-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Now this can't be right. I have been assured by Stewie and a few other CP Mensa members that the Big 12's TV deal will be massive with or without Mizzou. Texas will get a blank check from the networks and divide it equally among its brothers in arms. WTF?

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2143#ixzz1b9Ct9spI

Big 12 future with and w/out Mizzou

By Blair Kerkhoff (http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/user/5) - Posted on 18 October 2011

How’s this for influence?

Missouri holds the key to membership in three conferences: Big 12, SEC and Big East.

Will the Tigers be one of 10 or 12 in the Big 12 or the 14th in the SEC? If it’s the latter, how does this impact Louisville and West Virginia in the Big East?

After talking to several sources in the Big 12, the general feeling is this: If Missouri stays in the Big 12, the league is more likely to stay at 10, with TCU replacing Texas A&M as the lone move.

But if Mizzou goes to the SEC, the Big 12 could look more favorably at a 12-team arrangement.

The idea is without Missouri the Big 12 would need more than one replacement to bring value to its football contracts.

Louisville is the most suggested addition to the Big 12, but West Virginia, and its stronger football brand, is the favorite of some in the Big 12, if it’s a one-team add.

Cincinnati can’t be ruled out if multiple Big East teams are the answer for the Big 12.

Brigham Young is not out of the Big 12 expansion picture, an official said. BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe said on Saturday that there have been discussions between the Big 12 and BYU but no invitation.

Holmoe smartly reminded reporters how quickly the TCU action transpired, in a matter of days from the initial call from Big 12 interim athletic director Chuck Neinas to the press conference introducing the Horned Frogs to the conference.

As for potential Big East candidates, that league has voted to raise its exit fee from $5 to $10 million. Big East bylaws also require a 27-month notice, which wouldn’t make any member available to a new conference until the middle of the 2013-14 season.

Later today, Big East Commissioner John Marinatto will hold a news conference to discuss his league's future.

evenfall
10-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Amen. Why would I care about the Florida\Georgia, LSU\Auburn, and Alabama\Tennessee games when I could hear about BYU/Baylor, Iowa State\Louisville, and Texas Tech\Kansas?

It's not like the local media ever spent a huge amount of time covering Texas/Texas A&M or other games far afield while still being in the conference. I am sure the coverage of the SEC would all be from an MU perspective. Keitzman just acted a fool through the whole process, swearing there was no interest in Missouri, that the big 12 is more stable, that it would be foolish, that the money really isn't better, and also, scaring fans that their school won't get media coverage. He was trying to wield whatever influence he had on the process, no doubt about that. Turns out is didn't have much, even after trying everything.

He almost seems to have been going through the Kubler/Ross grief stages over the demise of the B12.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

I wonder what will be heard today. Anger? Sour grapes? This is an upgrade? Acceptance...?

Dayze
10-18-2011, 11:02 AM
when it's all said and done, KK will ignore the fact that he's been completely wrong at every turn and somehow spin it into 'see, this is exactly what I said would happen"

Pitt Gorilla
10-18-2011, 12:45 PM
One more reason not to listen to that nut job Wright.Actually, it's a pretty strong argument to listen to him.

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 01:55 PM
KK is coming up on the radio. Today's meltdown should be classic.

Saulbadguy
10-18-2011, 02:07 PM

He's such a jerk!! :mad:

http://www.fileunderhorrible.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/radio-show-1.jpg

vailpass
10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
This thread is circular, like the snake eating itself. I look for updates here but find the same thing over and over again. It's like CNN.

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Might as well give up being a Mizzou fan...they are no better than the Royals according to KK.

evenfall
10-18-2011, 02:32 PM

Just beating the "Missouri can't compete in the SEC" drum, starting by playing a clip from Herbstreit and saying that he didn't really mean what he said when he said Missouri would walk in around the equator of that conference, and that they could compete.

That will be the party line I guess, "you are gonna get killed over there", because its not falsifiable except over the course of years.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 02:34 PM
He's such a jerk!! :mad:

http://www.fileunderhorrible.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/radio-show-1.jpg

I've got no problem listening to him. His tears sustain me. If he wants to pull down his pants and march down Main Street for attention and ratings, he can go for it.

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 02:36 PM
I've got no problem listening to him. His tears sustain me. If he wants to pull down his pants and march down Main Street for attention and ratings, he can go for it.

He may need to do that...if he stops covering Mizzou like he is threatening to do, his ratings will only be going down.

evenfall
10-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Reminds me of that speech Kennedy gave about trying to put a man on the moon. Some people say, why do this, why go to the moon, why climb Everest, etc. And his response, KK, was that we chose to go to the moon not because it was easy but because it was hard. Missouri believes in their program and is not afraid to take on a massive challenge to try to be greater. Digging your feet in and throwing a fit about the way the world is won't help anyone. Missouri says, "We belong up there." The SEC seems to agree.

The shrill, small voices of naysaying can stay where they are and try to be happy with what they have as the world evolves around them.

Missouri says, so long and thanks for all the fish.

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 02:46 PM
KK ripping into callers now....he is getting ready to blow.

Pants
10-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Reminds me of that speech Kennedy gave about trying to put a man on the moon. Some people say, why do this, why go to the moon, why climb Everest, etc. And his response, KK, was that we chose to go to the moon not because it was easy but because it was hard. Missouri believes in their program and is not afraid to take on a massive challenge to try to be greater. Digging your feet in and throwing a fit about the way the world is won't help anyone. Missouri says, "We belong up there." The SEC seems to agree.

The shrill, small voices of naysaying can stay where they are and try to be happy with what they have as the world evolves around them.

Missouri says, so long and thanks for all the fish.

You're talking about intercollegiate sports, right?

Dumbass.

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 02:47 PM
"Don't put my words in my mouth!"

evenfall
10-18-2011, 02:50 PM
I had to turn it off when he was comparing this to hoping the Broncos get Luck, because then the Chiefs will be in a better division.

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 02:50 PM
But KK is a big Mizzou fan according to him. He loves Mizzou!

evenfall
10-18-2011, 02:51 PM
You're talking about intercollegiate sports, right?

Dumbass.

I don't see why that's inaccurate. He went on for 15 minutes about how Missouri is making a mistake because it will be hard. Well, shying away from doing things that are hard is not the attitude they have.

kstater
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
How can ANYONE listen to him?

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Just beating the "Missouri can't compete in the SEC" drum, starting by playing a clip from Herbstreit and saying that he didn't really mean what he said when he said Missouri would walk in around the equator of that conference, and that they could compete.

That will be the party line I guess, "you are gonna get killed over there", because its not falsifiable except over the course of years.

Its impossible to field a winning team in the SEC because all the teams are so good!

That's like saying that nobody goes to that restaurant because its too crowded to get a table.

kstater
10-18-2011, 02:53 PM
OMG Did you hear what KIETZMAN just said?

evenfall
10-18-2011, 02:55 PM
OMG Did you hear what KIETZMAN just said?

It's fun to listen to him melt down on callers like that one. Entertaining, no question about it. But he is a sideshow in the end.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2011, 02:58 PM
But KK is a big Mizzou fan according to him. He loves Mizzou!

NOT.

He is the lone voice of KSU Athletics department...

He is Ballsack!

track
10-18-2011, 02:59 PM
It's not like the local media ever spent a huge amount of time covering Texas/Texas A&M or other games far afield while still being in the conference. I am sure the coverage of the SEC would all be from an MU perspective. Keitzman just acted a fool through the whole process, swearing there was no interest in Missouri, that the big 12 is more stable, that it would be foolish, that the money really isn't better, and also, scaring fans that their school won't get media coverage. He was trying to wield whatever influence he had on the process, no doubt about that. Turns out is didn't have much, even after trying everything.

He almost seems to have been going through the Kubler/Ross grief stages over the demise of the B12.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

I wonder what will be heard today. Anger? Sour grapes? This is an upgrade? Acceptance...?

Apparently you guys who are so outraged by KK's position don't understand he is a KSU guy. Of course he is going to want the Big 12 to stay together and of course he isn't going to be very interested in the SEC if MU goes there. Why would you expect him to feel any other way. I am sure most of you felt the same way about Nebraska when they left the conference ...don't be hypocrites and act like it's bad when Nebraska leaves but it's great when MU leaves.

Saulbadguy
10-18-2011, 03:00 PM
NOT.

He is Ballsack!

That...is inaccurate.

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Apparently you guys who are so outraged by KK's position don't understand he is a KSU guy. Of course he is going to want the Big 12 to stay together and of course he isn't going to be very interested in the SEC if MU goes there. Why would you expect him to feel any other way. I am sure most of you felt the same way about Nebraska when they left the conference ...don't be hypocrites and act like it's bad when Nebraska leaves but it's great when MU leaves.

I think most intellectually honest people said that it was great for Nebraska that they left. At the time, the departures challenged the integrity of the Big XII, but the only people to blame for that are the administrators who developed and structured an unsound conference.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 03:10 PM
I think most intellectually honest people said that it was great for Nebraska that they left. At the time, the departures challenged the integrity of the Big XII, but the only people to blame for that are the administrators who developed and structured an unsound conference.

Nebraska is a proud (junior) member if the B1G, and it was a good move for them.

Perhaps the B1G should call themselves the Big XIi in order to avoid confusion. When Nebraska is no longer a junior member, they can capitalize the second "i".

veist
10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Congratulations to Missouri on their upcoming big move to the SEC East so that Auburn doesn't get a recruiting advantage over Alabama in Florida and Georgia!

kstater
10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Congratulations to Missouri on their upcoming big move to the SEC East so that Auburn doesn't get a recruiting advantage over Alabama in Florida and Georgia!

Don't worry, everyone's equal in the SEC.

veist
10-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Don't worry, everyone's equal in the SEC.

I know, some of them are just more equal. They have to make sure that the equality is just right.

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 03:17 PM
KK says Mizzou will never win 10 games in a season again as long he will be on the radio if they go.....

I guess we could call it the KK curse?

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 03:17 PM

I will gladly take the recruiting advantage in Georgia and Florida.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Holy shit! A KSU grad and a KU grad are discussing MU, and Boal is claiming to be an objective outsider because he didn't go to a Big XII school.

Chocolate Hog
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM

Must on here cried like bitches and said the move was because they couldn't beat Texas.

Dayze
10-18-2011, 03:23 PM
I've never heard someone so scared/angry that another team is moving to a better conference than KK.

tredadda
10-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Any way to listen to his rants for someone who does not live in the KC metro area?

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 03:27 PM
You know its bad when te Oklahoma guy, Todd Leabo, is defending Mizzou.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Any way to listen to his rants for someone who does not live in the KC metro area?

Just google "810 WHB" and you will get a link to streaming audio of Kietzman's streaming tears and streaming vag.

eazyb81
10-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I've never heard someone so scared/angry that another team is moving to a better conference than KK.

I swear to God, KK is literally going to break down and start sobbing any minute.

This has gone beyond funny. I am seriously worried about his mental health right now. He needs to go to grief counseling.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Not only does Kietzman think Mizzou is making a bad move by going to the SEC, he thinks the Raiders made a good trade in getting Palmer. (Seriously)

Chocolate Hog
10-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Fuck you guys for making me tune into this shit. When I tuned in these dumbasses were trying to justify the Palmer trade.

evenfall
10-18-2011, 03:48 PM
NOT.

He is Ballsack!

I don't think that is what he is about. He and his radio station have made a lot of money indirectly from the Big 12 being centered right around their transmitter. Now that is changing. I think he tried everything in his tacklebox to sway public opinion against the move and couldn't do it. Maybe there is a component that is reacting because this hurts his team, but it is about money for him too.

Chocolate Hog
10-18-2011, 03:52 PM
How many times is Reetodd going to say Ballsack?

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Awesome radio.

Loved every second.

kstater
10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't think that is what he is about. He and his radio station have made a lot of money indirectly from the Big 12 being centered right around their transmitter. Now that is changing. I think he tried everything in his tacklebox to sway public opinion against the move and couldn't do it. Maybe there is a component that is reacting because this hurts his team, but it is about money for him too.

You think Missouri leaving the Big 12 hurts Kansas State?

Dayze
10-18-2011, 03:54 PM
what are al these "Ballsack" references.....I must have missed something.

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Of course not. Four terrible universities bailing from a conference has no effect on said conference's integrity or national perception and thus has no possible effect on K-State or any other team in the league.

The SEC has an STD. /KK (What he really said: I think Missouri has fallen in love with a girl and hasn't had her tested yet.)

veist
10-18-2011, 03:56 PM
I will gladly take the recruiting advantage in Georgia and Florida.

Yeah, except not so much. Objectively your facilities, athletics endowment etc are going to be in line with the Mississippi schools and Vandy. Unless donations somehow grow _enormously_ and sustainably that is just how its going to be too. You'll have some good years I'm sure but sustained success? I wish you luck--because I couldn't care less who wins in the SEC--but I sure wouldn't hold my breath. No hard feelings here honestly, but it sure looks like you're just going to get paid more to fill the same conference niche that you fill in the Big 12. I'm not going sit here and claim that is a bad move but lets not act like its a game changer.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
As long as it remains an AQ conference I'm good.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2011, 03:58 PM
How many times is Reetodd going to say Ballsack?

:thumb:

eazyb81
10-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah, except not so much. Objectively your facilities, athletics endowment etc are going to be in line with the Mississippi schools and Vandy. Unless donations somehow grow _enormously_ and sustainably that is just how its going to be too. You'll have some good years I'm sure but sustained success? I wish you luck--because I couldn't care less who wins in the SEC--but I sure wouldn't hold my breath. No hard feelings here honestly, but it sure looks like you're just going to get paid more to fill the same conference niche that you fill in the Big 12. I'm not going sit here and to say that is a bad move but lets not act like its a game changer.

ROFL

WHAT A CRAAAAAAZY IDEA!

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM

I think it could be a disaster. When looking at that conference realignment tool, I didn't see a single plausible scenario involving KSU going to a superconference. The most likely scenario involved Texas and Tech going to the B1G and KU going to the PAC with KSU. In other words, not likely at all. Short of that, it would require the B1G taking 2 Kansas teams.

kstater
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Of course not. Four terrible universities bailing from a conference has no effect on said conference's integrity or national perception and thus has no possible effect on K-State or any other team in the league.

The SEC has an STD. /KK (What he really said: I think Missouri has fallen in love with a girl and hasn't had her tested yet.)

I wouldn't call Nebraska terrible.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2011, 04:06 PM
So when does MU make it official and when do they start playing in the SEC?

kstater
10-18-2011, 04:06 PM
I think it could be a disaster. When looking at that conference realignment tool, I didn't see a single plausible scenario involving KSU going to a superconference. The most likely scenario involved Texas and Tech going to the B1G and KU going to the PAC with KSU. In other words, not likely at all. Short of that, it would require the B1G taking 2 Kansas teams.

You do realize 4 super conferences is just a talking head creation?

veist
10-18-2011, 04:10 PM
ROFL

WHAT A CRAAAAAAZY IDEA!

It sure ain't a game changer though. You're still going to have a lot more in common with Miss St, Ole Miss and Vandy than LSU, Florida and Bama.

allen_kcCard
10-18-2011, 04:14 PM
It sure ain't a game changer though. You're still going to have a lot more in common with Miss St, Ole Miss and Vandy than LSU, Florida and Bama.

Yup, millions of things in common with all of them, and one more with the the first three in having the bar set higher to strive for greater things.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 04:17 PM
You do realize 4 super conferences is just a talking head creation?

Yep. Its just a myth. Never mind the fact that the 4 supposed superconferences have all added teams in the past 18 months.

Never mind the fact that both of the other BCS conferences have lost members.

Never mind the fact that 4 of the remaining schools in the Big IIX just tried to bolt to the PAC.

Never mind the fact that WVU and Rutgers are actively shopping themselves to the superconferences.

Never mind the fact that the MWC and CUSA decided they had to merge into a 40 team conference in a desperate attempt to remain viable.

Those 4 conferences would hate to create a playoff that would crowd out the have-nots in order to divvy up billions amongst themselves. Its all good in the 'hood.

evenfall
10-18-2011, 04:21 PM

I doubt any disaster is pending. But you have a conference that lost two members last year, two this year, and there are two others that were actively shopping themselves to the PAC-whatever. This Big 12 isn't going to be around 5 years from now. Something probably will be. Will it have Texas or OU, will it get an automatic bid, you can't say those things for sure. You are counting on Texas and OU to still be around when they have demostrated a clear desire to leave.

I think this just leaves bystanders wondering if the Big 12 has crossed the event horizon now, but without anything to do but watch

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 04:23 PM

Why don't Miss, Miss St, and Vandy try to move to the Big IIX?

kstater
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Yep. Its just a myth. Never mind the fact that the 4 supposed superconferences have all added teams in the past 18 months.

Never mind the fact that both of the other BCS conferences have lost members.

Never mind the fact that 4 of the remaining schools in the Big IIX just tried to bolt to the PAC.

Never mind the fact that WVU and Rutgers are actively shopping themselves to the superconferences.

Never mind the fact that the MWC and CUSA decided they had to merge into a 40 team conference in a desperate attempt to remain viable.

Those 4 conferences would hate to create a playoff that would crowd out the have-nots in order to divvy up billions amongst themselves. Its all good in the 'hood.

So, we're going to 4 conferences and Missouri is leaving because Texas is gonna go independent eventually? I have that correct?

Pac would have had their 16 if it was gonna go to 16.

There won't ever be a 4 conference playoff because of antitrust lawsuits.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I doubt any disaster is pending. But you have a conference that lost two members last year, two this year, and there are two others that were actively shopping themselves to the PAC-whatever. This Big 12 isn't going to be around 5 years from now. Something probably will be. Will it have Texas or OU, will it get an automatic bid, you can't say those things for sure. You are counting on Texas and OU to still be around when they have demostrated a clear desire to leave.

I think this just leaves bystanders wondering if the Big 12 has crossed the event horizon now, but without anything to do but watch

I think the SEC goes after NC State. If they get them, WVU will round out the conference. If that happens, its on. The ACC has to fill a spot (possibly 3) to replace State, and nobody decent is choosing the Big IIX over the ACC.

This thing is more likely going to happen within 18 months than not IMO.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 04:36 PM
So, we're going to 4 conferences and Missouri is leaving because Texas is gonna go independent eventually? I have that correct?

Pac would have had their 16 if it was gonna go to 16.

There won't ever be a 4 conference playoff because of antitrust lawsuits.

This entire post is fail.

Braincase
10-18-2011, 04:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Gn0e7kvTA

kstater
10-18-2011, 04:39 PM
This entire post is fail.

Great rebuttal.

You've spent the entire last month saying Missouri should leave because Texas is just sticking around long enough to build the LHN and then they're gonna go independent.

So now suddenly you're saying that they're gonna belong to a superconference?

allen_kcCard
10-18-2011, 04:44 PM
You've spent the entire last month saying Missouri should leave because Texas is just sticking around long enough to build the LHN and then they're gonna go independent.

Yes, because it is impossible for that to be their intention, and at the same time impossible that they end up not being able to do so and end up having to go to a superconference instead. In both of those scenarios, MU going to the SEC is the right move if they have the opportunity.

veist
10-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Why don't Miss, Miss St, and Vandy try to move to the Big IIX?

They're happy to be well compensated for mediocrity?

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Great rebuttal.

Never mind. I didn't realize you were just making things up.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Yes, because it is impossible for that to be their intention, and at the same time impossible that they end up not being able to do so and end up having to go to a superconference instead. In both of those scenarios, MU going to the SEC is the right move if they have the opportunity.

If it goes to superconferences, the LHN will be worthless because Texas won't be able to fill a schedule. They will drop the LHN and join the PAC IMO.

allen_kcCard
10-18-2011, 04:53 PM
If it goes to superconferences, the LHN will be worthless because Texas won't be able to fill a schedule. They will drop the LHN and join the PAC IMO.

Right, so whether you said it or not, both of the things he said that you said are theoretically correct.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Right, so whether you said it or not, both of the things he said that you said are theoretically correct.

I agree, just expanding on the point.

The anti-trust thing is dumb as well. There are already multiple divisions in football. There is no reason that 64 (more likely 60 or 62) teams can't form their own division. Hell, they could tell the NCAA to fuck right off if they really wanted. I don't think they would, and I think there would still be bowl games in addition to the playoff, but I see no major hurdles that couldn't be overcome. We are talking about massive institutions with tremendous pull within their respective states. What politician is going to stand in their way when every state with a major football program is represented?

LiveSteam
10-18-2011, 05:18 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT ALREADY MISSOURI!

Pitt Gorilla
10-18-2011, 05:24 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT ALREADY MISSOURI!Why? The big XII will certainly wait.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 05:28 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT ALREADY MISSOURI!

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/hshaebr/277064_269001293128529_7990781_n.jpg

track
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE said the move was because they couldn't beat Texas.[/QUOTE]

True

kcfan82
10-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Who cares, if the super conferences come then Missouri could move then. It's not like they are Iowa State and Baylor and will be begging for a home.

They might even get the Big 10 which it appeared the wanted in the first place.

CoMoChief
10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE said the move was because they couldn't beat Texas.

True[/QUOTE]

Hell Texas would get dominated in the SEC.

CoMoChief
10-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Who cares, if the super conferences come then Missouri could move then. It's not like they are Iowa State and Baylor and will be begging for a home.

No, but its a lot better move to do it now to have the security, in case something really fucked up happens.

they (B12) can preach all they want to about being stable and wanting to move forward and expanding, but the reality of it all is that this ESPN/Longhorn network was a death blow to the conference....period. I don't blame MU for one second in wanting to get away from that mess and unfair advantage it gives to ONE school in the conf.

Meanwhile I think MU will be able to recruit the HELL out of the tier 2/3 players from states like Bama, Georgia, Florida, and other schools they wouldn't normally have access too now....they will still be able to have the TX pipeline.

Saul Good
10-18-2011, 05:41 PM

Why not just stay on this sinking ship until it's completely under water instead of getting on the yacht that pull up alongside us? There will be plenty of life rafts later.

And screw the B1G and screw their junior membership offer.

kcfan82
10-18-2011, 05:45 PM
No, but its a lot better move to do it now to have the security, in case something really ****ed up happens.

they (B12) can preach all they want to about being stable and wanting to move forward and expanding, but the reality of it all is that this ESPN/Longhorn network was a death blow to the conference....period. I don't blame MU for one second in wanting to get away from that mess and unfair advantage it gives to ONE school in the conf.

Meanwhile I think MU will be able to recruit the HELL out of the tier 2/3 players from states like Bama, Georgia, Florida, and other schools they wouldn't normally have access too now....they will still be able to have the TX pipeline.

Honestly I'm not one of those people who say Missouri can't compete in the SEC. Take a look, the SEC has the most 4 and 5 star recruits of any conference, and they are dispersed among the teams.

It's just bad for Kansas City, because there is no way in hell we'll ever see an SEC basketball or football championship here.

That's 400 million over the last X years that is just going away.

That's why I want them to stay.

teedubya
10-18-2011, 05:47 PM
I enjoy the rivalries. If Mizzou leaves for the SEC, I will end up hating them way less, and not have anger towards them and become apathetic about them... I want to keep the hate, dammit.

track
10-18-2011, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=tI want to keep the hate, dammit.[/QUOTE]

LOL

eazyb81
10-18-2011, 06:09 PM
No, but its a lot better move to do it now to have the security, in case something really ****ed up happens.

It has taken 7+ years for me to say I agree 100% with a Como post.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2011, 06:35 PM
It has taken 7+ years for me to say I agree 100% with a Como post.

He puts too many periods in his ellipses.

What an asshole.

Frazod
10-18-2011, 07:26 PM
I enjoy the rivalries. If Mizzou leaves for the SEC, I will end up hating them way less, and not have anger towards them and become apathetic about them... I want to keep the hate, dammit.

If it helps, I'll continue to eat blackened chicken for dinner every August 21. :fire:

Reaper16
10-18-2011, 08:07 PM
It's just bad for Kansas City, because there is no way in hell we'll ever see an SEC basketball or football championship here.

That's 400 million over the last X years that is just going away.

That's why I want them to stay.
This is why I will become less of a Mizzou fan when they move to the SEC. If you hurt KC then you hurt me.

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 08:19 PM
This is why I will become less of a Mizzou fan when they move to the SEC. If you hurt KC then you hurt me.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481

Baby crying as a poor some Blvd. Wheat Wine on your grave.

track
10-18-2011, 08:21 PM

THIS!

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 08:24 PM
I love Kansas City. But Kansas City is a big kid. I would feel worse about this bad luck situation for KC if it did not give itself so many self inflicted wounds.

It is a good deal of money but it isn't like some situation where Billy Joel needs to come down and redo the words of Allentown to fit Kansas City.

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 08:24 PM
THIS!

Oh, are you a Mizzou fan?

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh, are you a Mizzou fan?

I've been studying his previous 41 posts in two years, trying to figure it out.

track
10-18-2011, 08:27 PM
True

Hell Texas would get dominated in the SEC.[/QUOTE]

Not long ago Texas won the national championship. They are a little down now from then..but they have the resources like no other school...so doubtful they will be down long....but even with a less than top 10 football team, they still are among the few elite due to the size of their fan base/alumni and the number of dollars they spend on athletics every year. OU or LSU might have a better football team NOW...but neither have the power/ money of Texas.

Reaper16
10-18-2011, 08:37 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481

Baby crying as a poor some Blvd. Wheat Wine on your grave.

I can't buy any Harvest Dance Wheatwine down here. Stop making me feel even worse about it.

I love Kansas City. But Kansas City is a big kid. I would feel worse about this bad luck situation for KC if it did not give itself so many self inflicted wounds.

It is a good deal of money but it isn't like some situation where Billy Joel needs to come down and redo the words of Allentown to fit Kansas City.
I hate Billy Joel, so I don't have the slightest idea as to what that reference means.

Al Bundy
10-18-2011, 08:47 PM
KK basically said "MU sucks, they will ALWAYS finish at or below .500 if they join the SEC." He made me laugh.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-18-2011, 08:51 PM
K-State would dominate the SEC.

BigCatDaddy
10-18-2011, 08:52 PM
KK basically said "MU sucks, they will ALWAYS finish at or below .500 if they join the SEC." He made me laugh.

I guess it depends on your definition of sucks, but he is probably spot on with the record prediction.

kstater
10-18-2011, 08:53 PM
K-State would dominate the SEC.

Once we get away from all these recruiting disadvantages Texas puts on us, I could see it happening.

Al Bundy
10-18-2011, 08:59 PM
I guess it depends on your definition of sucks, but he is probably spot on with the record prediction.

I doubt that. Keitz is hurting bad over this.

ArrowheadHawk
10-18-2011, 09:44 PM
If the longhorn network is such a big deal. Why isn't Florida's 100 million dollar deal with sun sports to broadcast their football games a big deal?

Bambi
10-18-2011, 09:58 PM
If the longhorn network is such a big deal. Why isn't Florida's 100 million dollar deal with sun sports to broadcast their football games a big deal?

A lot of us don't think the LHN is a big deal.

Most of us aren't scared of it.

Others run. But look at those teams' records. There's not much there.

KChiefs1
10-18-2011, 10:03 PM
KK keeps bringing up how Arkansas screwed itself by joining the SEC. Funny how they aren't begging to join the Big 12 huh?

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 10:03 PM

And others keep their lips squarely on the butt of Texas. Keep sucking up there, you do Jayhawk nation proud!

Those that think the LHN is not a big deal are in the minority.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:06 PM
And others keep their lips squarely on the butt of Texas. Keep sucking up there, you do Jayhawk nation proud!

Those that think the LHN is not a big deal are in the minority.

My school shares a state with 3 million people with another BCS school yet still has an endowment over 1 billion dollars.

So uh, yea. I couldn't care less about the LHN.

But by all means. Go to the SEC, you think Florida's deal isn't exactly the same thing?

So fucking naive. I can't wait for this.

KChiefs1
10-18-2011, 10:07 PM

You do realize that Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M & Missouri have left the Big 12 the last couple of years right? Sounds pretty stable to me!

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 10:08 PM
KK keeps bringing up how Arkansas screwed itself by joining the SEC. Funny how they aren't begging to join the Big 12 huh?

Yeah, and KK conveniently forgets to mention that Arkansas has been to 4 SEC championship games in football. and a BCS bowl.

Arkansas is not a powerhouse, but they have a good tradition, and have had some success. I think Mizzou can equal and exceed what Arkansas has done.

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 10:10 PM
My school shares a state with 3 million people with another BCS school yet still has an endowment over 1 billion dollars.

But by all means. Go to the SEC, you think Florida's deal isn't exactly the same thing?

So ****ing naive. I can't wait for this.

Florida's deal is not the same and you know it. You have drank the KK kool-aid hook, line and sinker.

tk13
10-18-2011, 10:10 PM

There is a difference between Florida having an agreement with an individual sports channel, where the Longhorn network is a television station owned by a university. It's an interesting discussion but I'm not sure the two situations are completely comparable. Sun Sports broadcasts a variety of college and pro sports. The Longhorn Network exists solely to serve and advance UT's position. I'm not sure that will be a dealbreaker in this thing, but it's not quite the same. Especially in terms of branding.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Florida's deal is not the same and you know it. You have drank the KK kool-aid hook, line and sinker.

Like I said...can't wait.

Al Bundy
10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Sun Sports is part of Fox Sports net. They also show Rays, Lightning and Magic games. LHN will NEVER show any of those other sports.

Reaper16
10-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Why do you think the SEC is expanding? The way that the SEC handles Tier 3 rights is going to change.

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 10:16 PM

The guy who not only couldn't read the tea leaves but can't read the obvious signs right in front of him is lecturing others on naivety. You've been wrong this whole time.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Sun Sports is part of Fox Sports net. They also show Rays, Lightning and Magic games. LHN will NEVER show any of those other sports.

Texas might want to start winning some football games or they might have to start showing those "other sports"...

DaKCMan AP
10-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Breakfast with the Gators on Sun Sports is Awesome.

tk13
10-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Texas might want to start winning some football games or they might have to start showing those "other sports"...

Are you implying that professional sports teams are going to air their games on the Longhorn Network?

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:19 PM
The guy who not only couldn't read the tea leaves but can't read the obvious signs right in front of him is lecturing others on naivety. You've been wrong this whole time.

huh?

My school and the Big 12 are fine.

Just like I've been saying for a year now.

I don't care what your school thats never won anything does.

I did care about the rivalry up to a few weeks ago, but after seeing MU's true colors of being absolute pussies and not standing with their brethren of 100 years I couldn't give a fuck about that school anymore.

Good riddance, its been fun for us.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Are you implying that professional sports teams are going to air their games on the Longhorn Network?

It was a joke about how much Texas has and how bad they fail.

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 10:21 PM

Trying to plumb the depths, huh?

tk13
10-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Trying to plumb the depths, huh?

It's like Inception. I just can't tell if it's real. I'm waiting for someone to dunk me in the water and tell me it's over.

mnchiefsguy
10-18-2011, 10:23 PM
huh?

I did care about the rivalry up to a few weeks ago, but after seeing MU's true colors of being absolute pussies and not standing with their brethren of 100 years I couldn't give a **** about that school anymore.

Kind of like when KU did not stand with their MU brethren when the screwed Mizzou out of a bowl game a few years back?

Doing what is best for Mizzou, competing in a tougher conference is being a pussy?

You truly are a idiot.

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Can we get at least one more post to reaffirm the lack of concern/caring from other schools?

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 10:26 PM
huh?

I did care about the rivalry up to a few weeks ago, but after seeing MU's true colors of being absolute pussies and not standing with their brethren of 100 years I couldn't give a **** about that school anymore.

It really isn't a big deal. A front runner like yourself will just act like he isn't as interested in sports in a few years when the conference blows up and you don't have a chair when the music stops.

Your big brother you were sucking off tried to go to the PAC but couldn't because they see how parasitic they are.

All the while you have been confused as to why the rest of the world doesn't like basketball as much as you do.

You are as sad as KU's letter begging people to come to games. ROFL

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Can we get at least one more post to reaffirm the lack of concern/caring from other schools?

You don't matter!

You ruined everything!

SPchief
10-18-2011, 10:27 PM
huh?

Everything is ok folks. Move along, nothing to see here

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Kind of like when KU did not stand with their MU brethren when the screwed Mizzou out of a bowl game a few years back?

Doing what is best for Mizzou, competing in a tougher conference is being a pussy?

You truly are a idiot.

Screwed?

MU had 2 losses. KU had 1. KU has a bigger brand. I really don't get what all the anger is about.

If KU would have lost I'd say you were right. But they didn't so I dunno man.

I'm already losing interest in what MU does.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2011, 10:29 PM
It really isn't a big deal. A front runner like yourself will just act like he isn't as interested in sports in a few years when the conference blows up and you don't have a chair when the music stops.

Your big brother you were sucking off tried to go to the PAC but couldn't because they see how parasitic they are.

All the while you have been confused as to why the rest of the world doesn't like basketball as much as you do.

Yeah, but still less sad than when they were selling tickets on Groupon.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:30 PM

Wake me up when all this happens.

I don't want to miss it.

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Screwed?

MU had 2 losses. KU had 1. KU has a bigger brand. I really don't get what all the anger is about.

Tell me more about your lack of interest, big brand boy.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Tell me more about your lack of interest, big brand boy.

look at my first post in this exchange.

The LHN was the point.

Did you not see that?

DeezNutz
10-18-2011, 10:36 PM
look at my first post in this exchange.

The LHN was the point.

Did you not see that?

Palpable disinterest.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Palpable disinterest.

Comparing the LHN with Sun Sports?

ok...you got me?

KcMizzou
10-18-2011, 10:40 PM
This is one hell of a nasty breakup.

Frazod
10-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Palpable disinterest.

LMAO

I DON'T CARE ABOUT MISSOURI!

I DON'T CARE ABOUT MISSOURI AT ALL!

DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID MISSOURI? I SAID I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU MISSOURI!

I DON'T CARE ABOUT MISSOURI AT ALL!!!! NEVER EVER EVER!!!!!

WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE???????????????? :deevee:

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Wake me up when all this happens.

I don't want to miss it.

Sincerely Wickedson when talk of Missouri and A&M leaving the conference began.

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 10:43 PM

Wickedson is home alone on Saturday night with nobody calling or texting but she is really happy with her situation.

KcMizzou
10-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Missouri's just looking for attention. They need to feel important.

SPchief
10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
paintienly waiting the it doesnt matter we're a basketball school post

Frazod

Well, if Wickedson keys my car, I'll egg her house.

Spott
Screwed?

Yet here you are posting about MU for the umpteenth time in this thread.

Your football program is a joke and will continue to be an embarrassment to whatever conference it ends up in. Don't worry, whatever team the Big 12 decides to invite to replace MU will still be beat your team every year just like all the other teams in the conference.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:45 PM
lol, this is too fun.

really am gonna miss this

KcMizzou
10-18-2011, 10:46 PM

Your football program is a joke and will continue to be an embarrassment to whatever conference it ends up in. Don't worry, whatever team the Big 12 decides to invite to replace MU will still be beat your team every year just like all the other teams in the conference.All time record in 3... 2...

SPchief
10-18-2011, 10:47 PM
All time record in 3... 2...

Don't forget the Orange Bowl man!

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:48 PM

Your football program is a joke and will continue to be an embarrassment to whatever conference it ends up in. Don't worry, whatever team the Big 12 decides to invite to replace MU will still be beat your team every year just like all the other teams in the conference.

And yet the all time KU-MU series sits at 55-55-9

A joke!

KcMizzou
lol, this is too fun.

really am gonna miss thisYou're gonna annoy the shit out of KSU fans.

Frazod
Don't forget the Orange Bowl man!

Backing into a BCS bowl is the greatest thing a team can accomplish! Didn't you know that?

SPchief
10-18-2011, 10:49 PM
LMAO

Bambi
All time record in 3... 2...

I actually was gonna use "MU hasn't beat KU 3 times in a row in over 20 years"

but you beat me to it

Al Bundy
You're gonna annoy the shit out of KSU fans.

I am sure he already does.

|Zach|
Kansas has been a complete non factor in any of these dealings because nobody cares about Kansas yet Wickedson has posted in this thread well over 300 times...only one person has posted in it more.

....but he doesn't care.

http://orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/ha.gifhttp://orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/ha.gif

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 10:50 PM
You're gonna annoy the shit out of KSU fans.

KSU fans? Jayhawk fans don't like the guy.

Bambi
Backing into a BCS bowl is the greatest thing a team can accomplish! Didn't you know that?

It's a fun trip.

I hope you get to experience it one day.

|Zach|
"The idea is without Missouri the Big12 would need more than one replacement to bring value to its football contracts." http://bit.ly/qJlXmG

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Kansas has been a complete non factor in any of these dealings because nobody cares about Kansas yet Wickedson has posted in this thread well over 300 times...only one person has posted in it more.

....but he doesn't care.

http://orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/ha.gifhttp://orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/ha.gif

non factor is fine with me when the Big 12 has been so good to my school.

I don't know why I have to keep explaining that to you.

I really woulda thought you understood by now.

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 10:52 PM
non factor is fine with me when the Big 12 has been so good to my school.

I don't know why I have to keep explaining that to you.

I really woulda thought you understood by now.

Tell me again how you don't care Mr. 326 posts.

Spott
10-18-2011, 10:52 PM
And yet the all time KU-MU series sits at 55-55-9

A joke!

12 bowl games in 120 seasons is a joke. Radio is a joke. Going 0-9 in conference this year on top of losing 14 of the last 15 will be a better joke.

|Zach|
10-18-2011, 10:53 PM
I bet the Big 12 added TCU because of their basketball program.

Frazod
10-18-2011, 10:54 PM
It's a fun trip.

I hope you get to experience it one day.

That's okay. I preferred this.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:55 PM
12 bowl games in 120 seasons is a joke. Radio is a joke. Going 0-9 in conference this year on top of losing 14 of the last 15 will be a better joke.

you got it!

and yet we sit separated in all time wins by all these powerhouses...

Missouri
Boston College
Maryland
Virginia
Rutgers
Iowa
Purdue
Kansas

Bambi
10-18-2011, 10:57 PM
That's okay. I preferred this.

sure you did.

KcMizzou
10-18-2011, 10:59 PM
All kidding aside, Mizzou has GOT to make this move if it's there.

These "handcuffs" (seriously? that's how they want to put it?) only last 6 years. After that, the big boys could go anywhere, and leave the rest of us in the wind. Texas could afford to do it even within that time if the mood struck them.

Nobody wants out of the SEC.

Frazod
10-18-2011, 11:02 PM
sure you did.

Yes, actually, I did. I hate Kansas. I don't give a fuck about Virginia Tech.

And I was there. It was wonderful.

Bambi
10-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Yes, actually, I did. I hate Kansas. I don't give a **** about Virginia Tech.

And I was there. It was wonderful.

The following year was pretty good too.

KcMizzou
10-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Yes, actually, I did. I hate Kansas. I don't give a **** about Virginia Tech.

And I was there. It was wonderful.EPIC game. Probably my favorite game I've ever attended in any sport. It was just electric.

But that was a once in a lifetime kinda game between these two teams.

kcfan82
10-18-2011, 11:13 PM

These "handcuffs" (seriously? that's how they want to put it?) only last 6 years. After that, the big boys could go anywhere, and leave the rest of us in the wind. Texas could afford to do it even within that time if the mood struck them.

Like I said earlier, I don't think Missouri has any reason to panic if it all came down nor does Kansas or KSU.

I could see them all ending up somewhere.

ISU and Baylor are the two in the Big 12 that should be worried, but the Big East will take anyone.

My old HS (Olathe North) would get accepted.

Frazod
10-18-2011, 11:16 PM
EPIC game. Probably my favorite game I've ever attended in any sport. It was just electric.

But that was a once in a lifetime kinda game between these two teams.

Oh, without a doubt. Being there just made it so much better. :)

KChiefs1
10-18-2011, 11:25 PM

KK says Arkansas has been a nobody since they joined the SEC. Why wouldn't they like to join an easier conference like the Big 12?

Spott
10-18-2011, 11:29 PM
KK says Arkansas has been a nobody since they joined the SEC. Why wouldn't they like to join an easier conference like the Big 12?

I can't believe that assclown is still on the air.

mnchiefsguy
10-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Screwed?

KU did not have a bigger brand dumbass. Outside of basketball, KU has no brand. KU does have a fantastic set of kneepads though.

Mizzou was higher rated in the polls, the BCS standings, and had a better record in addition to beating KU. The "MU had two losses" argument holds no water.

mnchiefsguy
10-19-2011, 12:21 AM

But Wickedson and KK insist that Texas truly cares and would never, never, leave us!

MoreLemonPledge
10-19-2011, 02:48 AM
KU did not have a bigger brand dumbass. Outside of basketball, KU has no brand. KU does have a fantastic set of kneepads though.

Mizzou was higher rated in the polls, the BCS standings, and had a better record in addition to beating KU. The "MU had two losses" argument holds no water.

Pissed me off to no end. Mizzou was punished for playing in the Conference Championship. They won the Big 12 North, beat KU head to head on a neutral site, and KU got the bowl.

Fuck the Big 12. Good riddance.

mnchiefsguy
10-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Pissed me off to no end. Mizzou was punished for playing in the Conference Championship. They won the Big 12 North, beat KU head to head on a neutral site, and KU got the bowl.

**** the Big 12. Good riddance.

That is another benefit to being in the SEC. Their bowl slotting structure is locked into the final standings...so if MU finished ahead of Tennessee or Florida, then they get the better bowl, regardless of the national "brand" of the schools they finished ahead of.

eazyb81
10-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Dammit, I hate waking up to see that I missed an epic wickeddumb temper tantrum.

eazyb81
10-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Greg Hall offering some nice rational thoughts on Mizzou to SEC commentary. Great stuff.

Mizzou to SEC 'imminent'

Posted 10-18-11

“I would expect the conditional withdrawal (of Missouri from the Big 12) in probably a similar time frame to Texas A&M, about 17 days. Probably later this week.”
Gabe DeArmond, of PowerMizzou.com, dating the start of this process back to Brady Deaton’s announcement two weeks ago that Mizzou would explore other conference options, 810 AM

GH: Gabe defined a “conditional withdrawal” as one where Mizzou will depart for the SEC as long as they have an invitation to join another conference. The New York Times called their move to the SEC as “inevitable” and “imminent.” This appears to be simply a move to make sure the SEC isn’t seen as poaching a team from another conference and to avoid legal action from the Big 12 or its member schools. It appears Mizzou is gone. But this is Mizzou – so nothing is over in Columbia until 'dem crackers who be shakin' say it's over.
http://www.plattecountylandmark.com/ghall_clip_image001_0022.gif
“As a Kansas Citian, I’m conflicted. I understand how this hurts Kansas City. And that sucks! I don’t like that! You can be conflicted! Don’t let anybody else tell you how to feel! I think it’s great for Missouri that they’re moving on to the SEC. If I lived in St. Louis I wouldn’t give a damn about what was good for Kansas City. But I don’t. I live in Kansas City.”
Steven St. John, 810 AM

GH: SSJ’s point is exactly why the Big 12 is dysfunctional and much of our government doesn’t work – everybody is in it for what is best for them. It is not about what is best for me and my city. It should be what is best for my state, my country, my world – all the while understanding that sometimes my loss is our gain. Attend a school board meeting where they discuss re-districting if you want a firsthand view of this kind of small-minded me-first attitude.

“The University is in Columbia. And let me tell you for homecoming, when Georgia brings 15,000 fans to Columbia instead of Iowa State bringing 1,500, Columbia is going to be much better off.”
Gabe DeArmond, on the complaint that Kansas City will lose revenue if MU heads to the SEC, 810 AM

“Hope Missouri enjoys forming rivalries with division members Kentucky (7 hrs away) and Tennessee (10 hrs).”
Brady McCollough, KC Star KU beat writer, Twitter

GH: I was surprised to see McCollough so negative and opinionated about MU’s move to the SEC. He appears to be coming at this more like a fan than a beat writer. Maybe he too, like Kevin Kietzman and Bob Fescoe, is thinking of his own job and personal interests rather than looking at the story from an objective viewpoint. I don’t know how anyone looking at this decision with any objectivity doesn’t understand what a tremendous opportunity this is for Missouri. I would say the same thing if Kansas or Kansas State had Mizzou's options.

“In what way are they holding you hostage? It’s much better to be a second-class citizen in the SEC? You’ll never get to the Big 10 (if you go to the SEC)!”
Kevin Kietzman, to a caller who stated Mizzou is sick of being held
hostage by Texas and Texas-lite, 810 AM

“To think that Missouri is going to go down there (to the SEC) and be 3-9 or 2-10 every year is just ridiculous.”
Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN college football analyst, 810 AM

“I agree with people who say a stable Big 12 is the best conference for Missouri. The difference between them and me is that I don’t think that is a possibility. Missouri is simply in a situation now (with the SEC) that is more stable and a better situation. The Big 12 – nobody trusts them. If Texas and Oklahoma find a better situation, it seems likely to me they will take them.”
Gabe DeArmond, of PowerMizzou.com, 810 AM

GH: Mizzou has been offered a life raft off a fishing boat that keeps springing leaks. And that life raft is not coming from another fishing boat but from a luxury cruise ship with 17 swimming pools and 47 gourmet restaurants. This is not a tough decision.

“MU fans keep hanging their hats on the ‘more secure option’ The Big 12 will be fine and secure.”
Bob Fescoe, Twitter

GH: The Big 12 is simply no longer the Big 12. MU is not leaving the conference they joined in 1995. They are leaving an old neighborhood that will never be the same. They’re movin’ on up. Hate ‘em if you have to, but understand that it looks a lot like pure jealousy.

“To local fans mad about Mizzou leaving... None of us want Mizzou to leave the Big 12, but stop tweeting like the pathetic ex-girlfriend...”
Nick Wright, Twitter

“(Mizzou) can stay and pray that Texas and OU are there forever. That might be more foolish. Actually, it would be.”
Tom Shatel, Omaha World Herald columnist and Mizzou alum, Twitter

“Strap that helmet on real tight, because you’re going into the deep end of the pool here in the SEC. … You’re playing the best of the best. You’re playing in the elite football conference which requires a hardcore football coach – which I think Gary Pinkel is.”
Kirk Herbstreit, 810 AM

GH: Herbstreit mentioned he is curious to see if Pinkel will attempt to keep his spread offense in a physical league like the SEC. Let’s hope Pinks finds something else to run inside the five-yard line – no matter what league his Tigers join.

“I think the one thing Missouri fans are going to recognize right away is that in the Big 12, you might have a few more weeks that are considered ‘off weeks.’ In the SEC, because of the consistency of the defense every week, every single team plays great defense. That’ll be the challenge for the players and that program to realize you are going to be challenged every single week – more so than you are in the Big 12.”
Kirk Herbstreit, 810 AM

“If they continue to play that (MU/KU) game, it’s going to have a lot less implications. It’s not going to be that big a deal.”
Jake Gutierrez, 810 AM

GH: I don’t agree with Jake on this one. I cannot think of a circumstance where any KU/MU game would not be a “big deal.” BTW, get your tickets to the November 26th MU/KU game at Arrowhead today. I have a feeling there is going to be quite a run on tickets to that one sometime around Thursday afternoon

“Let’s be honest. Missouri is not competing with Kansas in basketball and Kansas isn’t competing with Missouri in football.”
Steven St. John, discussing the lack of competitiveness in the border war rivalry that might end if MU bolts, 810 AM

“If the shoe was on the other foot, wouldn’t you be beating your chest as a Kansas fan? Didn’t we all bitch about how Texas ran this league? … Just think if the shoe was on the other foot for Kansas and Kansas State fans. That’s all I’m asking.”
Aaron Swarts, 810 AM

“I don’t really think this is big news. The SEC thing is happening and Missouri is going to move forward with the SEC. I don’t know what to do with this report (from the NY Times) other than it is being reported in New York.”
Soren Petro, 810 AM

GH: This is big news. Yes, we have been aware that this MIGHT happen for some time. But it still has not actually occurred. When it does, it will change the Big 12 and the Kansas City sports landscape in ways we cannot yet comprehend. This is very big news.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Dammit, I hate waking up to see that I missed an epic wickeddumb temper tantrum.

I don't know, he's kinda grown on me.

track
10-19-2011, 08:09 AM
......I would say the same thing if Kansas or Kansas State had Mizzou's options.... .

I don't believe most KU or KSU fans would feel the same. Kansas is a plain's state....never has had any connection to the deep south like Missouri has. A move to the SEC makes sense for MU....but not for Kansas or KSU if the tables were turned...unless the Big 12 was on the verge of collapse and there was no place else to go....which is not the case now or for the next 5 years.

I could see KU or KSU WANTING to be in the pac 12 or the big 10 or to a lessor extent the big east or the ACC if the big 12 was collapsing...but the SEC would be the absolute last place I would think their fans would want to go. On the other hand it seems to be a high priority for MU fans based on reports I have heard about the fan base's desire to go to the SEC.

eazyb81
10-19-2011, 08:22 AM
I don't believe most KU or KSU fans would feel the same. Kansas is a plain's state....never has had any connection to the deep south like Missouri has. A move to the SEC makes sense for MU....but not for Kansas or KSU if the tables were turned...unless the Big 12 was on the verge of collapse and there was no place else to go....which is not the case now or for the next 5 years.

I could see KU or KSU WANTING to be in the pac 12 or the big 10 or to a lessor extent the big east or the ACC if the big 12 was collapsing...but the SEC would be the absolute last place I would think their fans would want to go. On the other hand it seems to be a high priority for MU fans based on reports I have heard about the fan base's desire to go to the SEC.

I took that comment as referring to KU or KSU moving to a better and more stable conference, not only the SEC. If Big Ten or PAC came calling during this recent realignment craze, KU or KSU would not turn it down.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2011, 08:27 AM
I took that comment as referring to KU or KSU moving to a better and more stable conference, not only the SEC. If Big Ten or PAC came calling during this recent realignment craze, KU or KSU would not turn it down.

That's true, but it's easy for me to envision each scenario, and i'd hate either the Pac-12 or the Big 10.

I'd rather the Big XII remain viable and for K-State to stay in it.

track
10-19-2011, 08:32 AM

If the big 10 or PAC came calling TODAY I believe they would turn it down...but there are those no doubt who might see it differently. Kansas ties to the old big six,eight and twelve run deep. If they had called last year or two months ago they would not have turned them down...they would have jumped at the opportunity...but the point is... times have changed fast in the conference realignment saga...most KSU and KU fans would view the SEC as a very last resort in my opinion. It's not that the SEC is a bad conference..it's a great conference...it's just historically and culturally a bad fit for Kansans...not as much so for missourians. JMO of course.

NewChief
10-19-2011, 08:33 AM

ROFL

Did he really say that?

Awesome.

Admittedly, we're just now experiencing, somewhat, consistent success in football (which I think we'll continue to experience as long as we have Petrino, love him or hate him). But we did, you know, win a national title in basketball while a member of the SEC. And won the SEC Championship another year. Of course, we've been down in basketball for a good long while now (which allowed our football to ascend), but I think b-ball is on the rebound here.

track
10-19-2011, 08:35 AM
That's true, but it's easy for me to envision each scenario, and i'd hate either the Pac-12 or the Big 10.

I'd rather the Big XII remain viable and for K-State to stay in it.

That's the way I would expect most KSU and KU fans to feel.

Saul Good
10-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Kansas and KSU would be gone so fast it would make your head spin if the B1G, PAC, SEC, or ACC offered.

Saul Good
10-19-2011, 08:49 AM
ROFL

Did he really say that?

Awesome.

Admittedly, we're just now experiencing, somewhat, consistent success in football (which I think we'll continue to experience as long as we have Petrino, love him or hate him). But we did, you know, win a national title in basketball while a member of the SEC. And won the SEC Championship another year. Of course, we've been down in basketball for a good long while now (which allowed our football to ascend), but I think b-ball is on the rebound here.

I'm worried that, in the next hundred years, Mizzou will have more winless seasons than bowl game victories. That could never happen to a team in the Big XII except for when it happened to Kietzman's Wildcats over the last century which was just a century long fluke.

Frazod
10-19-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't know, he's kinda grown on me.

Hopefully you can find some sort of ointment for that.

Reaper16
10-19-2011, 09:03 AM
“As a Kansas Citian, I’m conflicted. I understand how this hurts Kansas City. And that sucks! I don’t like that! You can be conflicted! Don’t let anybody else tell you how to feel! I think it’s great for Missouri that they’re moving on to the SEC. If I lived in St. Louis I wouldn’t give a damn about what was good for Kansas City. But I don’t. I live in Kansas City.”
Steven St. John, 810 AM

GH: SSJ’s point is exactly why the Big 12 is dysfunctional and much of our government doesn’t work – everybody is in it for what is best for them. It is not about what is best for me and my city. It should be what is best for my state, my country, my world – all the while understanding that sometimes my loss is our gain. Attend a school board meeting where they discuss re-districting if you want a firsthand view of this kind of small-minded me-first attitude.

lol wut

Saul Good
10-19-2011, 09:09 AM

For starters, Sun Sports is not the Gator network. In addition to broadcasting professional sports, the network also partners with FSU and UCF. It also shows no live Gator football games.

In other words, its more bullshit journalism courtesy of Kevin Kietzman. Nothing new here.

Saul Good
10-19-2011, 09:15 AM
lol wut

Yeah, he kind of lost me there, too.

duncan_idaho
10-19-2011, 09:16 AM
ROFL

Did he really say that?

Awesome.

Yeah, he keeps pointing to Arkansas's losing record in SEC conference play since joining the SEC, but I think you guys are only like six or seven games under. And those include the disastrous attempts to find a coach between Hatfield and Houston Nutt.

Coaches are a critical factor in the SEC. You need a strong guy who recruits well and runs a consistent program. I think Pinkel resembles those remarks.

The key for Missouri over the next ten years is going to be hiring a equal or better football coach when Pinkel retires. Being in the SEC helps with prestige and it helps with having the money to spend on a high-profile guy.

The Tigers will have plenty to sell a big-time coach when the time comes (fourth-biggest state in the SEC, good local recruiting base, tradition of success recruiting Texas, $$$), and I'm confident the AD will continue to make the necessary commitment to its football coach.

In the Big 12, you're probably looking at bringing in someone like Dave Christensen. A head coach at a non-BCS league school.

In the SEC, you can still do that (for, say, Chris Peterson-level non-BCS coaches), or you can poach from other schools in BCS leagues. And if there's a hot assistant (ala Dan Mullen), you're a leading candidate there, too.

Pants
10-19-2011, 09:20 AM

**** the Big 12. Good riddance.

MU fans are not butthurt.