PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Eric berry 605: is out for the year

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Chiefspants
09-13-2011, 10:29 AM
StevieJohnson13 Stevie Johnson
@Stuntman1429 Not expecting reply but Heard final news and Real shyt bra Never intended for that. Not even for U to sit for 1 play man. My B

thabear
09-13-2011, 10:34 AM
I would not mind having Darren Sharper its better then what we got now....

Urc Burry
09-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Wait, they all have backups but him? GC suck dick time now.

Cause I love him...........................

Be honest.

Your a dumbass. He said they all have decent backups besides Berry. I'm pretty sure we have the two worst safeties in the league in McGraw and Pisscatelli

Buckweath
09-13-2011, 10:51 AM
How about Darcel McBath, 2nd round pick safety waived by Denver recently. The guy is supposedly injury prone but we've been unlucky enough he should be good for at least this season. Is he any good?

Smed1065
09-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Your a dumbass. He said they all have decent backups besides Berry. I'm pretty sure we have the two worst safeties in the league in McGraw and Pisscatelli

All decent back ups and I am stupid?

WTF we have a decent team but backups? You smoked didn't you.

OK we have great backups But berry and that is the loser line?

:banghead:

OK are you drinking or had any in last week?

Smed1065
09-13-2011, 10:56 AM

Wow you forgot the worst QB, fuck if he went down? (Sarcasm for n00bs)

You are and idiot and at least I use to drink, what your excuse Einstein?

Smed1065
09-13-2011, 10:58 AM

LOL

All have backups. Why would we need a 2nd year safety beside to make your mouth wet?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-13-2011, 11:02 AM
How about Darcel McBath, 2nd round pick safety waived by Denver recently. The guy is supposedly injury prone but we've been unlucky enough he should be good for at least this season. Is he any good?

I want no part of recently drafted Broncos.

DJ's left nut
09-13-2011, 11:05 AM
StevieJohnson13 Stevie Johnson
@Stuntman1429 Not expecting reply but Heard final news and Real shyt bra Never intended for that. Not even for U to sit for 1 play man. My B

Yeah, he probably should've worried about that before he dove at his knee.

Urc Burry
09-13-2011, 11:14 AM
LOL

All have backups. Why would we need a 2nd year safety beside to make your mouth wet?

:facepalm:

Justin Houston = Decent backup if Hali ever went down
Javier Arenas = Decent corner to replace Flowers or Carr if they became injured.

Sabby Piscatelli = Terrible
John McGraw = Terrible

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Stuntman1429Eric Berry

Just wanted to tell everybody thanks for all the love! Means more than u know. Just a Minor setback for a major comeback.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Stuntman1429Eric Berry

Just wanted to tell everybody thanks for all the love! Means more than u know. Just a Minor setback for a major comeback.

dam that shit almost makes me tear up, the guy is a old school football player and a winner

Tribal Warfare
09-13-2011, 11:58 AM
ESPN's Doc's take (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmVUF5-lY6Q)

FAX
09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
ESPN's Doc's take (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmVUF5-lY6Q)

An encouraging word amongst all the roaming buffalo feces.

FAX

Steron
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
95% shot at full recovery according to the vid above. Makes me feel a bit better.

Bump
09-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Good thing we didn't go after any safety in the offseason or now for that matter. Clark Hunt is probably watching soccer and isn't even aware of our situation and Haley and Pioli show zero cares.

Season is over. All teams have to do is throw in the direction of our safeties and they will win. Pathetic.

The Bad Guy
09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Stuntman1429Eric Berry

Guy is, and will continue to be my favorite player on this team for a long time.

Steron
09-13-2011, 12:18 PM
+1

Detoxing
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Stuntman1429Eric Berry

Good luck Eric. You will be missed.

Detoxing
09-13-2011, 12:40 PM
95% shot at full recovery according to the vid above. Makes me feel a bit better.

Same here.

bishop_74
09-13-2011, 12:44 PM
An encouraging word amongst all the roaming buffalo feces.

FAX

This statement is a clever breath of fresh air...

</post>
09-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Guy is, and will continue to be my favorite player on this team for a long time.

It pretty much never happens that you see a great player in college, think he's going to be special in the NFL, have him fit a tremendous need for your team, have your team actually draft the guy you want, and then have him actually turn out to be something special. AAAANNDDD he's seems like a A+ human being.

Fat Elvis
09-13-2011, 12:59 PM
dam that shit almost makes me tear up, the guy is a old school football player and a winner

If that makes you tear up, I'd hate to see you watch those old Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints commercials....

Bewbies
09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes a rook makes or break. I like Berry but he has not been asked to trade positions, schemes. etc.

I agree he has heart but not the "heart" IMO.

I mean gifted through life versus surviving life.

You are right, no comparison.

Sorry Berry lovers, its a fact.

Ask Hamas.

Is there anyone that can translate what the fuck this means?

BossChief
09-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Too bad Page had to act likea bitch. Would be nice to have he or Pollard right now over the great white duo

Chiefnj2
Is there anyone that can translate what the **** this means?

It means "What's the word? Thunderbird. What's the price? Very nice!"

rocknrolla
I think his last thread explains it all.

DeezNutz
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM
After him extending the contracts of Hali, DJ and Charles within the last year along with signing Breaston and a bunch of other quality free agents...how can you say he is cheap with a straight face anymore?

2/3 of his drafts have yielded more talent than any other team has during that same span as well.

He also brought in the coaches that have gotten the best out of the little talent that was already in house.

Calling him overrated because of poor depth at a couple positions takes balls.

Losing Berry is a crippling blow, no doubt...but it's hardly Piolis fault.

Don't think he's "cheap," necessarily, but we're still well under what will be the new basement of the cap (at least we were the last I saw the figures).

Jury is still out on the '10 draft, let alone this year's draft. But I'm going to be surprised if we don't look back on the second round of '10 and think there were a lot of missed opportunities. Hell, DMC was a very, very high second rounder in a ridiculously deep draft. Selecting a backup RB at this point was and is beyond stupid.

I'm calling Pioli overrated because of an embarrassing '09, and the perfect setup in '11 for top executives to take advantage shortened off-season. Pioli is being paid like the best, and thus far it looks like he shit all over himself with our current roster construction.

As for bring in coaches, Haley might well be a disaster. He was in '09, and this year will go a long way to establishing his head coaching resume.

Finally, Pioli was the dumb sumbitch who acquired Cassel.

lcarus
09-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Too bad Page had to act likea bitch. Would be nice to have he or Pollard right now over the great white duo

Did Kendrick Lewis go Michael Jackson or something?

Detoxing
09-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Is there anyone that can translate what the **** this means?

He's drunk, leave him be. Just nod your head.

Shag
09-13-2011, 03:10 PM
When does the NFL typically levy fines during the week? Will be interesting to see how the NFL views the block...

OctoberFart
09-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Wow if you fools get luck I'm going to go postal. I knew you guys were bad but not this bad.

Chocolate Hog
09-13-2011, 03:48 PM

Not really.

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Don't think he's "cheap," necessarily, but we're still well under what will be the new basement of the cap (at least we were the last I saw the figures).

Jury is still out on the '10 draft, let alone this year's draft. But I'm going to be surprised if we don't look back on the second round of '10 and think there were a lot of missed opportunities. Hell, DMC was a very, very high second rounder in a ridiculously deep draft. Selecting a backup RB at this point was and is beyond stupid.

I'm calling Pioli overrated because of an embarrassing '09, and the perfect setup in '11 for top executives to take advantage shortened off-season. Pioli is being paid like the best, and thus far it looks like he shit all over himself with our current roster construction.

As for bring in coaches, Haley might well be a disaster. He was in '09, and this year will go a long way to establishing his head coaching resume.

2011: Drafturbators II: Electric Boogaloo!

Detoxing
09-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Wow if you fools get luck I'm going to go postal. I knew you guys were bad but not this bad.

Am I suppose to think of a stinky, hot fart everytime i see your user name? Was that intentional?

HemiEd
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM

Your team looked really sharp last night, congrats.

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Johnson also said that he has let opposing defenders know that cut blocks are coming before games.

The hit has prompted criticism not only of Johnson but of a system of rules that permits low hits to the legs of defensive players. NBC’s Rodney Harrison, a former NFL safety, was livid when I spoke to him on Monday, calling the hit by Johnson “cowardly.” Harrison, who got more angry the more we spoke about the situation, said that defensive players deserve protection against hits that can end seasons and alter careers.

Harrison also wondered whether Johnson would call Berry to apologize for causing the injury, and/or to generally check on him. Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said during Monday night’s episode of NBC SportsTalk on VERSUS that he believes Johnson will do that.

Apparently, it hasn’t happened. Said Johnson on WGR, “I don’t have his number or nothing, but I mean, shoot, anybody out there listening should know I ain’t trying to hurt nobody or nothing.”

It’ll be easy to get Berry’s number, if Johnson truly wants it. The broader question is whether hits like the one that tore Berry’s ACL need to be removed from the game, and whether the league will protect defensive players the same way that it protects offensive players

BossChief
09-13-2011, 05:18 PM

We are basically under the cap floor by choice though. Last year (when there was no cap) we handed out 25 million to Charles (10 million) and DJ (15 million) and did so having it count to last years figures to leave space open for future years while locking up two crucial parts of our team long term.

We started the offseason under the cap by about 40 million or so and under the floor (which isnt in effect yet) by about 30. We then extended Halis' deal and gave him 35 million on guaranteed (and when we did that, the cap figures the media outlets released didn't change at all, so I think they aren't accurate) Id be willing to bet that we're are closer to 20 million under the mark at worst at this point in real figures.

Onto the drafts...

09...forget about it, we bombed horribly in FA and drafting...but who knows, we still have 5 guys on our roster from that class and at the very least, Belcher and succop look to be solid long term fills.

2010 is looking to be a best though. Every player seems to be a major contributor to the teams success or are on IR as is the case with Moeaki and Berry currently. Whether we like it or not, Dexter looks to be a guy that will impact games with his playmaking ability and Arenas is already one of the better cover corners in the league according to the sites that offer advanced stats. I was one of the very few here that wanted Cody at 2a, but Im ok with taking a playmaker instead as this team was totally devoid of playmaking talent at the time and something needed done.

That is one of the few classes in NFL history that every pick has seemingly been a solid hit. Playing the hindsight game is not gonna get us anywhere. If we at CP were in charge, we would be stuck with Clausen at 5...dont forget that. The 2011 class could be a lot better than the 2008 class if it develops well.

While the 2011 draft is still a newborn, it looks just as promising as the 2010 class.

Many here (myself included) think we got 4 or more first round prospects even though we picked late in every round.

Pioli deserves his credit for two very good drafts at this point....now, its up to the coaching staff to get these kids to be NFL players by developing the obvious talent Pioli drafted.

Onto the coaching staff.

We have turned a lot of underperforming talent into absolute beasts and that goes to coaching. All of our young talent seems to be taking the steps towards becoming the better players at their respective positions.

How about free agency during his tenure?

Lilja
Jones (haha had to)
Weigmann
McClain
Gaither
Breaston
Pope
Gregg

Not bad for two years.

I dont think that is a list of players that would indicate THE gm over rated one bit, but to each his own.

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Whether we like it or not, Dexter looks to be a guy that will impact games with his playmaking ability

ROFL

Admit that this was a wasted pick and move on. The biggest impact he had in that game Sunday was fumbling the opening kickoff. It overshadowed ANYTHING he did offensively.

Urc Burry
09-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Johnson also said that he has let opposing defenders know that cut blocks are coming before games.

The hit has prompted criticism not only of Johnson but of a system of rules that permits low hits to the legs of defensive players. NBC’s Rodney Harrison, a former NFL safety, was livid when I spoke to him on Monday, calling the hit by Johnson “cowardly.” Harrison, who got more angry the more we spoke about the situation, said that defensive players deserve protection against hits that can end seasons and alter careers.

Harrison also wondered whether Johnson would call Berry to apologize for causing the injury, and/or to generally check on him. Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said during Monday night’s episode of NBC SportsTalk on VERSUS that he believes Johnson will do that.

Apparently, it hasn’t happened. Said Johnson on WGR, “I don’t have his number or nothing, but I mean, shoot, anybody out there listening should know I ain’t trying to hurt nobody or nothing.”

It’ll be easy to get Berry’s number, if Johnson truly wants it. The broader question is whether hits like the one that tore Berry’s ACL need to be removed from the game, and whether the league will protect defensive players the same way that it protects offensive players

When one of the dirtiest players of all time calls it a cheapshot, you know it's bad.

Any way there is a rule coming next year regarding this?

BossChief
09-13-2011, 05:28 PM
ROFL

Admit that this was a wasted pick and move on. The biggest impact he had in that game Sunday was fumbling the opening kickoff. It overshadowed ANYTHING he did offensively.

A very shortsighted take.

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Wow. Just fucking wow. I am never going to doubt Dante84 again. This thing blew up in a hurry.

Count Alex's Losses
09-13-2011, 05:30 PM
A very shortsighted take.

Can I peer into that crystal ball?

McCluster was garbage last year and so far he lit the match that started the cleansing fire at Arrowhead Sunday.

He better have some 150-yard games coming to make up for this shit.

Ace Gunner
09-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Dex sparked this team to a win opening day last season when he took it house against SD, and he looked like a player that was helping until the injury. since then, he's been less than that. much less. He fumbled during the 3rd qtr against the Ravens and that began a slide the Chiefs would not overcome when they lost their playoff game miserably. I won't defend Dex.

But, that pass to him was so lame, it is no surprise what happened afterward.

You can point the finger at Bowe too, he was blanked during that playoff loss. Moeaki may as well have been Cottam during that game, he was all but transparent.

Going down the list, you'll find that, othan the Jamaal Charles run to daylight, this offense was crap during the playoff game.

You can peg Weis or Haley or non - Gailey, but Matt Cassel is not gonna get any of your plans to work. He's crap. You cant have crap at that position and win big games. He's too damn slow in the head and his execution is just as slow and telling. Defenses just watch his eyes and make play after play on him and his weapons.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-26-2012, 08:45 AM
6 minutes ago - by Bob Gretz - SS Berry's agent says torn ACL progressing OK
SS Eric Berry’s agent Chad Speck says his client’s rehab from surgery on a torn ACL in his left knee was going very well. Berry suffered the injury on the first play from scrimmage in the 2011 season. “He’s worked hard,” said Speck. “He’s ahead of schedule.”

Bwana
01-26-2012, 08:48 AM
6 minutes ago - by Bob Gretz - SS Berry's agent says torn ACL progressing OK
SS Eric Berry’s agent Chad Speck says his client’s rehab from surgery on a torn ACL in his left knee was going very well. Berry suffered the injury on the first play from scrimmage in the 2011 season. “He’s worked hard,” said Speck. “He’s ahead of schedule.”

Well that's good news and I hope he can come back 100%. I still wish unspeakable things on Stevie fucking Johnson.

Chiefnj2
01-26-2012, 11:09 AM
I didn't think it was really the first play from scrimmage.

vailpass
01-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Here's wishing for a full recovery for EB.

CHENZ A!
01-26-2012, 11:17 AM
That was a shitty, shitty day.

boogblaster
01-26-2012, 11:17 AM
damit .. hopefully he's back ......

Chiefspants
01-26-2012, 11:18 AM
This is probably worthy of a new thread, I was about to call it quits on the 2012 season when I read the title.

mlyonsd
01-26-2012, 11:21 AM
That was a shitty, shitty day.I can remember being so pumped for the season and with that one play I could sense the way it was going to go.

Sofa King
01-26-2012, 11:34 AM
I can remember being so pumped for the season and with that one play I could sense the way it was going to go.

The next week with Charles going down, i pretty much threw in the towel.

-King-
01-26-2012, 11:42 AM
This shit tore me up so bad. Such a terrible couple weeks. Both my favorite players out for the year in consecutive weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
01-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Berry goes down, Reebok had to pull their add campain because of growing concern of shoes impact on knees.

-King-
01-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Berry was with Adidas
Posted via Mobile Device

Detoxing
01-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Berry was with Adidas
Posted via Mobile Device

lol

kaplin42
01-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Why is there a constant necroing of threads that are several months old. Just post a new thread.

Tribal Warfare
01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Why is there a constant necroing of threads that are several months old. Just post a new thread.

Why?If there's a thread with a similar topic why waste space, while you can post an update in the thread that's already up.

kysirsoze
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Why?If there's a thread with a similar topic why waste space, while you can post an update in the thread that's already up.

Maybe because the thread title could be misleading if people don't realize it's an old bump? I don't think an injury update about one of the best players on our team is too small an item for a new thread.

Bowser
01-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Well that's good news and I hope he can come back 100%. I still wish unspeakable things on Stevie fucking Johnson.

Trillion times this.

Oh hey, look there! We play the Bills this year!

notorious
01-26-2012, 01:30 PM
JFC, when I saw the thread title I thought he blew out his knee again.

Fall down an elevator shaft into a burning pile of rusty AIDS needles.

kysirsoze
01-26-2012, 02:10 PM

JFC, when I saw the thread title I thought he blew out his knee again.

Fall down an elevator shaft into a burning pile of rusty AIDS needles.

See??

ThaVirus
01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
See??

I did the same thing. Thread excavators can die a horrible, slow death...

Rausch
01-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Trillion times this.

Oh hey, look there! We play the Bills this year!

Guess who has the hate on their side this year...

CHENZ A!
01-26-2012, 02:47 PM
I can remember being so pumped for the season and with that one play I could sense the way it was going to go.

I was at the game, and when he went down I leaned over to Pops and said without Berry our defense probably will be "Andrew Luck" bad.

kysirsoze
01-26-2012, 02:49 PM
I was at the game, and when he went down I leaned over to Pops and said without Berry our defense probably will be "Andrew Luck" bad.

Funny thing is, our defense was pretty good. I can't wait to see what it's like with him back in the line up next year.

O.city
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Did you guys know Eric B. was gonna go to dental school in Memphis, but decided to do the NFL thing.

So it's Whatever.