PDA

View Full Version : Obama Hits keep on comin.....New Jobs bill comes with....

HonestChieffan
09-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Same old tired, aint never gonna happen, Bullshit about taxes. Broken damn record tone deaf moron
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/obama-proposing-tax-hikes-pay-jobs-bill-173642501.html
WASHINGTON (Reuters) — President Barack Obama is proposing a series of tax increases, mainly on the wealthy, to help cover the cost of a $447 billion economic stimulus proposal, budget chief Jack Lew said on Monday.

Lew said Obama’s plan would raise $400 billion over 10 years by placing new limits on itemized deductions for individuals making more than $200,000 a year and families earning more than $250,000.

The rest of the $467 billion in savings would come from raising a smattering of other taxes, including those on corporate jet owners and the oil and gas industry.

ChiTown
09-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Same old tired, aint never gonna happen, Bullshit about taxes. Broken damn record tone deaf moron
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/obama-proposing-tax-hikes-pay-jobs-bill-173642501.html
WASHINGTON (Reuters) — President Barack Obama is proposing a series of tax increases, mainly on the wealthy, to help cover the cost of a $447 billion economic stimulus proposal, budget chief Jack Lew said on Monday.

Lew said Obama’s plan would raise $400 billion over 10 years by placing new limits on itemized deductions for individuals making more than $200,000 a year and families earning more than $250,000.

The rest of the $467 billion in savings would come from raising a smattering of other taxes, including those on corporate jet owners and the oil and gas industry.

It will never pass.

vailpass
09-12-2011, 01:46 PM
It will never pass.

Then during the elections process obama points the finger at the Rs as the reason he has failed.

ChiTown
09-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Then during the elections process obama points the finger at the Rs as the reason he has failed.

Anybody with half a brain, and the ability to draw an income, will see this bill is fraught with tax hikes for a lot of sectors - not just the ubber wealthy. This isn't a jobs bill, it's a tax bill - and we will ALL be eating it.

Saul Good
09-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Depending on what they are, I'm not opposed to closing some loopholes in the tax code.

ChiTown
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Depending on what they are, I'm not opposed to closing some loopholes in the tax code.

Well, yeah. Closing and simplifying are one thing. Sticking it up our ass and telling us it's good for us, like a suppository is another.

Saul Good
09-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Well, yeah. Closing and simplifying are one thing. Sticking it up our ass and telling us it's good for us, like a suppository is another.

Until I see whether its the former or the latter, I'm withholding judgement.

ChiTown
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Until I see whether its the former or the latter, I'm withholding judgement.

Maybe you are unfamiliar with this gentleman. He goes by the name Barack Obama. Ever heard of him?:D

Donger
09-12-2011, 01:57 PM
What a weird fascination that this man has with jet owners. And he's got the best one in the world.

vailpass
09-12-2011, 01:58 PM
What a weird fascination that this man has with jet owners. And he's got the best one in the world.

With Marine 1 thrown is as well.

Ace Gunner
09-12-2011, 02:54 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/05/article-1190780-0538FCA3000005DC-654_964x373_popup.jpg

Donger
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
The details:

The payment method the White House announced Monday would consist of:

—$405 billion from limiting the itemized deductions for charitable contributions and other deductions that can be taken by individuals making over $200,000 a year and families making over $250,000;

—$41 billion from closing loopholes for oil and gas companies;

—$18 billion from requiring fund managers to pay higher taxes on certain income;

—$3 billion from changing the tax treatment of corporate jets.

vailpass
09-12-2011, 04:47 PM
He's gonna' get those jets if it's the last thing he does.

Donger
09-12-2011, 04:50 PM
He's gonna' get those jets if it's the last thing he does.

I'd like to know when these new taxes are going to be enacted. I presume that this money is not going to be spent until said tax revenue is collected, right?

DJ's left nut
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Jesus.

Did he honestly just propose another round of the same crap that didn't work the first 2 times he tried it?

You know how to curb unemployment? Start slashing benefits for it. The numbers don't like, the number of people that 'find' gainful employment skyrockets as they enter their last month of eligibility on the roles.

Work or starve - people will find a job, even if it's "beneath" them. And once the unemployment picture appears to be more rosy, the hiring freeze will start to thaw a little. With that, you'll have more income into the system (because people will not have more capital to spend) and even more job growth.

The key is to break the ice. Slash unemployment benefits and encourage people to get back into the workforce and suddenly a lot of this stuff will start to correct itself. You can't be shocked by shitty employment figures when this administration has done so much to disincentivize gainful employment.

vailpass
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I'd like to know when these new taxes are going to be enacted. I presume that this money is not going to be spent until said tax revenue is collected, right?

LMAO

That is NOT how you accomplish dropping the credit rating of the greatest economy this planet has ever seen.

BucEyedPea
09-12-2011, 05:05 PM
So you're really for a tax increase. Got it!

BucEyedPea
09-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Jesus.

Did he honestly just propose another round of the same crap that didn't work the first 2 times he tried it?

Yup! He thinks govt creates jobs of lasting value when it's really companies and entrepreneurs that do. Hope Congress doesn't pass it....Obama will wail eventhough the economy just might start to improve. Then he'll bask in all the credit—the way Clinton got all the credit for his economy.

BucEyedPea
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM

This reminds me of that luxury boat tax which wound up putting all the small guys who made the boats out of work. :deevee:

ChiTown
09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
This reminds me of that luxury boat tax which wound up putting all the small guys who made the boats out of work. :deevee:

No shit! The only people this will really hurt are the aircraft manufacturers (who are bleeding out already)

Garcia Bronco
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM
If your are going to raise taxes then you pay down the debt. Not spend it elsewhere.

BucEyedPea
09-12-2011, 06:45 PM
If your are going to raise taxes then you pay down the debt. Not spend it elsewhere.

Every tax increase is followed by more spending. Now it seems, each debt ceiling raise is to spend more money. So much for that whole scene being about a default.

Extra Point
09-12-2011, 08:26 PM
So you're really for a tax increase. Got it!

So am I, if the loopholes have been dodged, ridiculously. If you're making over $250K, then you may respond to this post, and poor-mouth accordingly. If not, then don't bother postulating, nor post-whoring.

ROYC75
09-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Oh come on now, his 2 weeks isn't over yet, he get's a do over.

FD
09-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Jesus.

You know how to curb unemployment? Start slashing benefits for it. The numbers don't like, the number of people that 'find' gainful employment skyrockets as they enter their last month of eligibility on the roles.

Work or starve - people will find a job, even if it's "beneath" them. And once the unemployment picture appears to be more rosy, the hiring freeze will start to thaw a little. With that, you'll have more income into the system (because people will not have more capital to spend) and even more job growth.

The key is to break the ice. Slash unemployment benefits and encourage people to get back into the workforce and suddenly a lot of this stuff will start to correct itself. You can't be shocked by shitty employment figures when this administration has done so much to disincentivize gainful employment.

Really?
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fredgraph.png?g=2bx

HonestChieffan
09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/cost-obamas-stimulus-plan-312500-job-vote-created-or-saved-and-guess-who-paying-it

Worth a read. Helps understand why the dance is over before it starts on this jobs proposal

Aries Walker
09-13-2011, 08:19 PM
To tell the truth, I would rather he have financed the AJA with spending cuts elsewhere, because this way, a) there's no way it's going to pass, and b) it looks like it was a flat-out political ploy all along, designed to give him ammo against whomever wins the Republican nomination, which it might well have been.

However, I have no problem limiting some tax exemptions on the rich, fixing a loophole, and removing tax breaks for corporate jet owners and the single most profitable industry in the history of the world, in order to build some infrastructure, and put a bunch of unemployed people - with an extra break to returning veterans - to work.