PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama Might Move His Agenda Forward Using Executive Orders…

HonestChieffan
09-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Not to bother with the legal manner.....

(Roll Call) — ”You should pass this jobs plan right away.”

If only it were that easy for President Barack Obama to get Congress to implement his agenda.

Many of Obama’s priorities have sputtered and stalled, and the president blames gridlock in Washington for the lack of progress that voters might hold over his head come next November. But the White House has signaled it is willing to use other options such as executive orders, administrative action at the agency level and a review of regulations to implement the president’s wishes without Congress on board.

In recent weeks Obama has exerted his executive authority on issues ranging from education to housing policy to the environment.

Obama signed an executive order granting a waiver for states wanting to opt out of No Child Left Behind. It’s a move backed by even GOP governors, and one that has broad support in Congress. But nothing happened legislatively, so the White House took matters into its own hands.

Obama overruled his Environmental Protection Agency by repealing an ozone regulation, and he’s commissioned Cass Sunstein, head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, to identify other regulations that can be tweaked or rolled back to save the government money or to relieve pressure on the lagging economy.

The administration also implemented several policies related to mortgage assistance and housing without Congressional action.

Will the American people see the president bypassing Congress more frequently?

“It’s possible,” a top White House aide told Roll Call.

Keep reading…http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_26/adminsitration-willing-to-go-it-alone-208598-1.html?pos=hftxt

BucEyedPea
09-13-2011, 10:53 AM
He "might" do this? He has been doing this. Frankly, I find this an impeachable offense since it violates his oath to uphold the Constitution.

Amnorix
09-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Not to bother with the legal manner.....

(Roll Call) — ”You should pass this jobs plan right away.”

If only it were that easy for President Barack Obama to get Congress to implement his agenda.

Many of Obama’s priorities have sputtered and stalled, and the president blames gridlock in Washington for the lack of progress that voters might hold over his head come next November. But the White House has signaled it is willing to use other options such as executive orders, administrative action at the agency level and a review of regulations to implement the president’s wishes without Congress on board.

In recent weeks Obama has exerted his executive authority on issues ranging from education to housing policy to the environment.

Obama signed an executive order granting a waiver for states wanting to opt out of No Child Left Behind. It’s a move backed by even GOP governors, and one that has broad support in Congress. But nothing happened legislatively, so the White House took matters into its own hands.

Obama overruled his Environmental Protection Agency by repealing an ozone regulation, and he’s commissioned Cass Sunstein, head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, to identify other regulations that can be tweaked or rolled back to save the government money or to relieve pressure on the lagging economy.

The administration also implemented several policies related to mortgage assistance and housing without Congressional action.

Will the American people see the president bypassing Congress more frequently?

“It’s possible,” a top White House aide told Roll Call.

Keep reading…http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_26/adminsitration-willing-to-go-it-alone-208598-1.html?pos=hftxt

The specific examples don't support the premise of the OP even a tiny little bit.

Amnorix
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
He "might" do this? He has been doing this. Frankly, I find this an impeachable offense since it violates his oath to uphold the Constitution.

Since, in your view, every President since at least FDR, if not Lincoln, would similarly be "guilty of violating their oath" you'll forgive me if I ignore your post.

ChiTown
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Since, in your view, every President since at least FDR, if not Lincoln, would similarly be "guilty of violating their oath" you'll forgive me if I ignore your post.

:LOL:

BucEyedPea
09-13-2011, 11:17 AM
:LOL:

You can't debate can you?

Anyway, I find the fact that he didn't ignore my post, afterall is pretty funny too! LMAO
He's been on ignore by me anyway, so I can avoid responding to his strawmen arguments, except I sometimes look to customize the feature.

Really, though of all Constitutional violations, this one is the most egregious because he is destroying the fundamental idea of having three branches whereby a president rules by decree as if he's a king. This has been happening more in more with presidents and was abused by Clinton as well. This is a slow path to dictatorship by chipping away at the balance of power. Hitler eventually took full power using rule by decree. This is a crime. It should be impeached to set an example for other presidents. Congress has every right to guard and protect it's legitimate powers. And there is a huge difference when a legislature passes something unConstitution.

ChiTown
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
You can't debate can you?

Anyway, I find the fact that he didn't ignore my post, afterall is pretty funny too! LMAO
He's been on ignore by me anyway, so I can avoid responding to his strawmen arguments, except I sometimes look to customize the feature.

Really, though of all Constitutional violations, this one is the most egregious because he is destroying the fundamental idea of having three branches whereby a president rules by decree as if he's a king. This has been happening more in more with presidents and was abused by Clinton as well. This is a slow path to dictatorship by chipping away at the balance of power. Hitler eventually took full power using rule by decree. This is a crime. It should be impeached to set an example for other presidents. Congress has every right to guard and protect it's legitimate powers. And there is a huge difference when a legislature passes something unConstitution.

You got me pegged, BEP.:clap:

You = geeneeus

ChiTown
09-13-2011, 11:46 AM
You got me pegged, BEP.:clap:

You = geeneeus

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the Neg Rep. I had no idea that you were packing a glass vajayjay. Sweet and good to know!

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Honestchiefsfan..the biggest racist beside sports shrink on CP. I see you have your nightly Klan rally going.

vailpass
09-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Honestchiefsfan..the biggest racist beside sports shrink on CP. I see you have your nightly Klan rally going.

Can a brotha' get a table dance?!

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-13-2011, 06:56 PM

Yes..if you want me to purchase you one from a shaker club. Anytime any place you want to meet up in particular ?

vailpass
09-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes..if you want me to purchase you one from a shaker club. Anytime any place you want to meet up in particular ?

Meet up? Sure. You know that street corner with the broken-down car my uncle Ray-Ray sleeps in? Well, not there.
But if you go the opposite direction from there and make a left past the three-wheeled shopping cart we can hook up at the ho cake shack and do it like OGs.

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Meet up? Sure. You know that street corner with the broken-down car my uncle Ray-Ray sleeps in? Well, not there.
But if you go the opposite direction from there and make a left past the three-wheeled shopping cart we can hook up at the ho cake shack and do it like OGs.

Seriously V , lets meet up and have a few drinks. I like to make friends..lets be friends V.

Saul Good
09-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Seriously V , lets meet up and have a few drinks. I like to make friends..lets be friends V.

Sorry dude. They don't let blacks in the good clubs.

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Sorry dude. They don't let blacks in the good clubs.

I like V`s previous post..much more racist then yours.This is DC lounge, stick around and you will learn quick how to be a racist.

SNR
09-13-2011, 07:28 PM
This is as good of a place as any...

I saw The Help a few days ago. Good movie.

FD
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Which of his moves do you disagree with HCF, letting states opt out of NCLB or blocking the EPA's new ozone regulations?

HonestChieffan
09-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Which of his moves do you disagree with HCF, letting states opt out of NCLB or blocking the EPA's new ozone regulations?

I dont trust the bastard. So when I see:

"Will the American people see the president bypassing Congress more frequently?

“It’s possible,” a top White House aide told Roll Call."

I worry.

Dave Lane
09-13-2011, 07:56 PM

Seriously, Vail has to feel slighted by your post.

FD
09-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I dont trust the bastard. So when I see:

"Will the American people see the president bypassing Congress more frequently?

“It’s possible,” a top White House aide told Roll Call."

I worry.

Good lord, you remind me of a woman getting pissed off over something she THINKS her husband MIGHT do.

FD
09-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Pretty soon HCF is going to be posting angry articles about all the bad things Obama did in his dream last night. Get a grip.

HonestChieffan
09-13-2011, 08:23 PM
When you see something that is an unwarranted attack upon Obama, just report it to his campaign. They have a site just for such things now.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Screen-shot-2011-09-13-at-8.16.57-PM.png

Aries Walker
09-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Wow, you went right for the Hitler, didn't you?

And it's "would be". As in, "of all Constitutional violations, this one would be the most egregious because he would be destroying the fundamental idea . . . " I say this because it would only apply if Obama did it. Which he hasn't.

BucEyedPea
09-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Wow, you went right for the Hitler, didn't you?
But of course, he's a perfect example of a leader getting in office legitimately, but then ruling by decree. I can't think of a better example for ruling by decree by any wannabe tyrant or dictator.

And it's "would be". As in, "of all Constitutional violations, this one would be the most egregious because he would be destroying the fundamental idea . . . " I say this because it would only apply if Obama did it. Which he hasn't.

Where did I say he was the only one who did it? Nowhere. I already said these were abused earlier but he is topping them all out. You may be attempt to correct grammar but you need to work on your reading. Although, I did not use "would" because I wasn't making a conditional point—Obama has been doing this and it is illegal.

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Executive Orders are not laws. Only Congress can pass laws.

BucEyedPea
09-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Executive Orders are not laws. Only Congress can pass laws.
That's the point. They for administrative use only like a president moving troops for instance. Paul went into this during the debate. This practice needs to be stopped and it won't until it's treated more seriously....as in a serious Constitutional violation.

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2011, 10:58 PM
That's the point. They for administrative use only like a president moving troops for instance. Paul went into this during the debate. This practice needs to be stopped and it won't until it's treated more seriously....as in a serious Constitutional violation.

I don't understand why people don't get that. I blame our poor education system on teaching the Presidents proper role.

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-14-2011, 12:02 AM
Klan rally is in full swing..

BucEyedPea
09-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Klan rally is in full swing..

Of course, fascism is on the rise in government. What'dya expect?