CanadaKC
09-12-2011, 04:42 PM
You know it's coming...

Scorp
09-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Rebuilding........get over it!

Baconeater
It doesn't matter who we have as HC when our GM makes shitty draft picks and trades.

pr_capone
It is here

FYP

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
If this means someone other than Matt Cassel starts, I'm in.

Scorp
Suck for Luck!

Mr. Arrowhead
yea because his first head coaching gig turned out so well

Molitoth
09-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Coaching will be fine once the QB position is solidified with someone good.

oaklandhater
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Rebuilding........get over it!

wait what when are we not rebuilding??

oaklandhater
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
yea because his first head coaching gig turned out so well

if they did fire haley mid season I would be ok with zorn taking over till the season is over.

Rams Fan
09-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Zorn is an above average QB Coach.

He sucked as HC.

KCChiefsFan88
09-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Zorn for offensive coordinator.

The Bill Muir corpse needs to be removed

Mr. Arrowhead
09-12-2011, 05:23 PM

yea maybe Zorn can stay awake in the press box

Stewie
09-12-2011, 05:24 PM

He sucked as HC.

So did Bill Belichick his first time around.

I'm concerned the players quit responding to the hothead that is Todd Haley. I know that those kinds of bosses don't last in the real world. It's insubordination that becomes a cancer and the hothead is the problem.

ILChief
09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't want to see us turn into one of those teams that changes coaches every couple of years. I do like the idea of Zorn as OC and move Muir back to OL coach.

mnchiefsguy
09-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I would be more pleased with a "Jim Zorn OC and playcaller" thread.

DaFace
09-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Sometimes, even I need a break from this place.

chris
09-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner of the dumbest thread of the day!! YEA!!!!!!

Shogun
09-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Whats next a Maurice Carthon interim head coach thread?

oh wait

JoeyChuckles
09-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I heard Charlie Weiss is available.

Gonzo
09-12-2011, 06:11 PM

If stupidity were bannable, you'd be happier.

chiefqueen
09-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Whats next a Maurice Carthon interim head coach thread?

oh wait

But MC has not been fired as a head coach yet, who knows he may be the next Don Shula or Vince Lombardi.

Phobia
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM

Would you mind if I dumped him in your garbage? Please?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-12-2011, 06:16 PM

Yep, good time for a mini CP vacation.

CanadaKC
09-12-2011, 06:31 PM

hey Chris...you win dumbest answer to the dumbest thread of the day! Congrats!

Anyways....It doesn't take a rocket scientist to suggest that Haley could very well be in trouble by mid-season. To his credit..albiet dumb..Haley took full responsibility for that shite-sandwich served up yesterday. And the pre-season was worse than expected. If this is how he preps his team...he's lost them already.

Rams Fan
09-12-2011, 06:36 PM

hey Chris...you win dumbest answer to the dumbest thread of the day! Congrats!

Anyways....It doesn't take a rocket scientist to suggest that Haley could very well be in trouble by mid-season. To his credit..albiet dumb..Haley took full responsibility for that shite-sandwich served up yesterday. And the pre-season was worse than expected. If this is how he preps his team...he's lost them already.

Get this through your fucking head. As much as people want Haley gone now, he isn't going anywhere until sometime next season, at the earliest.

Yep, good time for a mini CP vacation.

LET'S GO CARDINALS!

Dave Lane
09-12-2011, 06:39 PM

Not possible. This place continues to amaze me.

cabletech94
09-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Not possible. This place continues to amaze me.

rep.

Extra Point
09-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Haley ain't done, until we chalk up barely 4 wins this season. At or under .312 next year, then, he's done.

Look for it, look for it. No, you can't find it. This year's suckage, means a better season next year.

Haley/Pioli pic vs. Rolling Stones Sammy Davis, Jr/Nixon pic = Same Diff.

Aries Walker
09-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Having lived in Maryland all my life until about a month ago, and therefore having had the unfettered joy of hearing about Zorn on the radio and TV every day for two long years, I promise you, you do not want him as the Chiefs' Head Coach.

BossChief
09-12-2011, 09:12 PM
If we had a good qb, everybody wanting to have Haley fired would be sucking his dick.

It really is as simple as that.

Qbs make head coaches have longer careers.

Smed1065
09-12-2011, 09:14 PM
I don't want to see us turn into one of those teams that changes coaches every couple of years. I do like the idea of Zorn as OC and move Muir back to OL coach.

3 of 3 for OC is on that track.

Go Bill Cowher-LMAO

Dave Lane
09-12-2011, 09:17 PM
rep.

Yep we had a planeteer today post that he missed Carl Peterson. Holy shit...

Chocolate Hog
09-12-2011, 09:26 PM
If we had a good qb, everybody wanting to have Haley fired would be sucking his dick.

It really is as simple as that.

Qbs make head coaches have longer careers.

I'm sure he had some say in who he wanted as his QB and the fact he got his ass kicked by the guy he fired doesn't help his case. Fuck him.

dilligaf
09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I blame the front office for turning a blind eye toward glaring needs while keeping the team 32 million under the cap more than the HC. It seems they're just trying to save Clark Hunt some cash.

Ace Gunner
09-12-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm sure he had some say in who he wanted as his QB and the fact he got his ass kicked by the guy he fired doesn't help his case. **** him.

Norv kicked his ass. Does that count too?

BossChief
09-12-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm sure he had some say in who he wanted as his QB and the fact he got his ass kicked by the guy he fired doesn't help his case. Fuck him.

Bullshit.

He was handcuffed to Matt Cassel from the moment he got here.

Simply Red
09-12-2011, 09:56 PM
sure, I'm down w/ this program.

TEX
09-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I blame the front office for turning a blind eye toward glaring needs while keeping the team 32 million under the cap more than the HC. It seems they're just trying to save Clark Hunt some cash.

THIS X 10!
Espically for a team that came off a division title and looked to have finally turned the corner. Idiots.

Rooster
09-13-2011, 11:25 AM

At this point, I would like to see Zorn get some snaps. :D

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Bullshit.

This!

And complete shit on the OL and DL as well... And lets not forget our abortion of a LB corps...

Until the Front office does something about those 4 spots, we are all f'ed.

Dayze
09-13-2011, 11:27 AM
i hope someone went up to the coaches box after the game and woke up Muir.

he could still be up there for all we know.

sedated
09-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Coaching can't overcome a horrible QB, o-line, and d-line.

I'm not on the "fire Pioli" train yet, but I am on the "wtf has Pioli been doing the last 3 offseason?!?!" one.

Dragonocho
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
At this point, I would like to see Zorn get some snaps. :D

Now that is funny. First NFL game I ever saw was Zorn QBing the expansion Seahawks. At least he was fun to watch.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Bullshit.

Then he should be fired for being a measly "yes man".

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2011, 12:36 PM

He sucked as HC.

Not so sure about his QB coaching......Cassel still sucks

Pants
09-13-2011, 12:37 PM

:rolleyes:

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM
:rolleyes:

If he didn't think Cassel was a good QB and has continued to play the guy, not give adequate preseason or in-season blowout playing time to a developing QB, then yes Haley is a little runny nosed, snot sucking, yes-man weasel.

Chocolate Hog
09-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Bullshit.

Any proof of this?

I'm sure Pioli said ok Scott you'll be working with Matt Cassel and Todd Haley had no say in it?

KC-TBB
09-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Brady was a 6th round draft pick...sometimes these guys are more lucky than smart.

Kyle DeLexus
09-13-2011, 12:50 PM

It's great to know that you'd turn down a NFL coaching job if it meant you had trust your GM on certain things.

I'm sure Pioli and Haley discuss and come to agreements on many personnel decisions, but you'd have to be stupid to think that Pioli doesn't have complete and final say in a dicision like Cassel no matter what Haley or any other coach thought.

When Pioli took the GM job, Cassel was his ace up the sleeve. In reality that ace was really a 3 of clubs and he's been bluffing the entire time. Now it's time to fold and hopefully with a little Luck get a real ace in the draft.

Pants
09-13-2011, 12:53 PM
If he didn't think Cassel was a good QB and has continued to play the guy, not give adequate preseason or in-season blowout playing time to a developing QB, then yes Haley is a little runny nosed, snot sucking, yes-man weasel.

Yes, Haley should have just said fuck it and quit, deciding that reaching the pinnacle of his chosen profession wasn't all that important and burning bridges would be the best thing to do...

I don't know what took place or how it happened, but to just see this situation in two contrasting shades is just silly.

Pants
09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
When Pioli took the GM job, Cassel was his ace up the sleeve. In reality that ace was really a 3 of clubs and he's been bluffing the entire time. Now it's time to fold and hopefully with a little Luck get a real ace in the draft.

LOVE IT

Chocolate Hog
09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Yes, Haley should have just said **** it and quit, deciding that reaching the pinnacle of his chosen profession wasn't all that important and burning bridges would be the best thing to do...

I don't know what took place or how it happened, but to just see this situation in two contrasting shades is just silly.

Had he said no to Cassel you think he would have been fired?

MahiMike
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Cheap teams keep their coaches forever (Jags, Bengals). Teams actually trying for a championship change every 3 years.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
It's great to know that you'd turn down a NFL coaching job if it meant you had trust your GM on certain things.

I'm sure Pioli and Haley discuss and come to agreements on many personnel decisions, but you'd have to be stupid to think that Pioli doesn't have complete and final say in a dicision like Cassel no matter what Haley or any other coach thought.

If you don't think Cassel is any good you don't take the job. If the QB fails, the team fails and you know who the blame is going to fall on - the coach. At most Haley should have taken Scott's word for it year 1, but don't keep playing the guy and not give adequate time to a replacement/competition if you don't believe in him. Stanzi should have been given additional time in preseason. Palko should have played the end of this weeks game. What was the point in playing Cassel with a broken rib when you are down 30 points with no hope of a comeback?

Pants
09-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Had he said no to Cassel you think he would have been fired?

If he was told he had no choice, I would assume he would have to start Cassel or quit.

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Did Pioli force Haley to promote Muir also?

Kyle DeLexus
09-13-2011, 01:02 PM
If you don't think Cassel is any good you don't take the job. If the QB fails, the team fails and you know who the blame is going to fall on - the coach. At most Haley should have taken Scott's word for it year 1, but don't keep playing the guy and not give adequate time to a replacement/competition if you don't believe in him. Stanzi should have been given additional time in preseason. Palko should have played the end of this weeks game. What was the point in playing Cassel with a broken rib when you are down 30 points with no hope of a comeback?

So you honestly believe Palko and Stanzi are the answer? Stanzi MIGHT develop, but he is not ready yet. How much of the playbook do you think Stanzi even knows yet?

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 01:03 PM

Wait? We thought it was fractured? Now you have inside information that is is a compound fracture?

Or you just assuming again?

Chiefnj2
09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Wait? We thought it was fractured? Now you have inside information that is is a compound fracture?

Or you just assuming again?

Fracture and break are the same thing.

arrowheadnation
09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Bill Cowher and Andrew Luck....all I want for Christmas this year. Screw Zorn, Muir, and the rest of the Coaches. Including Haley who benefited from an easy schedule last year.

Discuss Thrower
09-13-2011, 01:09 PM
So you honestly believe Palko and Stanzi are the answer? Stanzi MIGHT develop, but he is not ready yet. How much of the playbook do you think Stanzi even knows yet?

How hard is it to know when to hand off to Jamaal, check down to Jamaal, check down to McCluster, check down to Leonard Pope, and then hit Bowe on a 5 yard slant?

Rooster
09-13-2011, 01:11 PM
How hard is it to know when to hand off to Jamaal, check down to Jamaal, check down to McCluster, check down to Leonard Pope, and then hit Bowe on a 5 yard slant?

That's just chapter one of the playbook. You may have a point.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Fracture and break are the same thing.

Not only are you qualified to be a NFL GM, now you can be a DR also?

did you stay at the Holiday Inn last night?

Cause according to my wife whom is an RN, she disagrees with you...

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 01:14 PM

Maybe he isnt smart enough to grasp these simple concepts...

Pants
09-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Fuck hiring Cowher.

I'm down for Ferenz with Andrew Luck.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Fracture is just another word for break, he's right on that.

Most terms call a complete break which is all the way through, a compound fracture...

IF its a complete compound fracture... There was a good chance he wouldnt play... Those hurt just to breath...

Reerun_KC
**** hiring Cowher.

Cowher?

WTF would anyone want that retread?

Chiefnj2
Not only are you qualified to be a NFL GM, now you can be a DR also?

did you stay at the Holiday Inn last night?

Cause according to my wife whom is an RN, she disagrees with you...

http://www.medicinenet.com/fracture/article.htm

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 01:20 PM
http://www.medicinenet.com/fracture/article.htm

So which one is it, look for specifics here.

Is it a Greenstick, Spiral, Comminuted, Transverse or Compound?

Graystoke
09-13-2011, 01:22 PM
**** hiring Cowher.

Ferenz?

Are you on crack?

Then the Chiefs would lose to Iowa State:banghead:

Pants
09-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Most terms call a complete break which is all the way through, a compound fracture...

IF its a complete compound fracture... There was a good chance he wouldnt play... Those hurt just to breath...

OK, but a broken bone can still be called a fracture, that's all anyone has said. A fracture on the ribs is enough to make breathing incredibly painful. A compound fracture of the ribs can puncture vital organs... so yeah...

Reerun_KC
09-13-2011, 01:25 PM
OK, but a broken bone can still be called a fracture, that's all anyone has said. A fracture on the ribs is enough to make breathing incredibly painful. A compound fracture of the ribs can pierce vital organs... so yeah...

I am just picking on ChiefNJ... LMAO

el borracho
09-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Haley is ok as head coach; what we need asap is a new QB and a new OC.

mcaj22
09-13-2011, 02:16 PM
has this been posted yet:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

look who is last, lol.

jspchief
09-13-2011, 05:56 PM
I don't understand the fascination with Zorn around here. What has he done that people are so hard over him?

Ace Gunner
09-13-2011, 06:16 PM
has this been posted yet:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

look who is last, lol.

84% of 385 fan votes. wow. I'm impressed you're impressed. Just for kicks to your groin, did you notice who is number 1 in that fan poll? This week's opponent, Detroit's HC Jim Schwartz. :D

Ace Gunner
09-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't understand the fascination with Zorn around here. What has he done that people are so hard over him?

He's new. He's shiny. He's got a cool name.

jd1020
09-13-2011, 06:19 PM

Same could be asked about Haley.

KCTitus
09-13-2011, 06:34 PM

I agree...holy mackerel, does anyone know what happened in Washington under Zorn? This is right out of the 'be careful what you wish for department'.

Discuss Thrower
09-13-2011, 06:47 PM
I agree...holy mackerel, does anyone know what happened in Washington under Zorn? This is right out of the 'be careful what you wish for department'.

Not saying Zorn is any improvement over Haley, but Dan Snyder doesn't really do anything to establish a culture of winning at Washington does he?

NJChiefsFan
09-13-2011, 06:56 PM
I see no problem with putting Zorn at the OC spot. I don't want to drop Haley. Lot of season left to make that feeling change, but even with this offseason stuff, I think Haley would be fine if Pioli gave him a QB that Haley could run a real offense with.

KCTitus
09-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Not saying Zorn is any improvement over Haley, but Dan Snyder doesn't really do anything to establish a culture of winning at Washington does he?

Snyder is a grown child playing fantasy football with a real live franchise. And yes, Zorn is no improvement over Haley.

Aries Walker
09-13-2011, 07:41 PM
My point exactly. He was an awful tactician, a spineless milquetoast, and inspired absolutely no fire in either his players or the fans. The Chiefs would be better off with KC Wolf calling plays.

Rams Fan
09-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Usually isn't a good thing when a team hires their just named OC as HC after he never coached a game as OC.

CanadaKC
10-01-2011, 07:46 PM
bump