PDA

View Full Version : Obama All or Nothing, the White House Demands. DOA the jobs program

HonestChieffan
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Axelrod is right on one thing, we do need to do many things to get the economy moving. Things like getting off the throat of business so they can go back to doing what they do, letting oil drilling get back on track and open new opportunity to use our resources, sending Obama back to Chicago and let him write books or something, repeal ObamaCare in its entirety, cut spending big time in the NEXT fiscal year not as some BS prediction of some number in ten years. You know, "many things", just not the goofy doomed to fail BS Obama wants.

(The Hill) — Obama’s top political adviser David Axelrod said Tuesday that the administration was unwilling to break up the president’s $447 billion jobs plan if Republicans were only receptive to passing certain elements.

“We’re not in a negotiation to break up the package. It’s not an a la carte menu. It’s a strategy to get this country moving,” Axelrod said Tuesday on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“The president has a package; the package works together. We need to do many things to get this economy moving,” Axelrod said.
Republicans have been reluctant to embrace the bill, in particular its plan to rely on tax hikes on wealthy Americans and business to pay for the proposals. But even before the White House announced those tax provisions on Monday, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) had said the administration would need to negotiate on its proposed package of tax cuts, infrastructure spending and unemployment benefits.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey, jAZ.

vailpass
09-13-2011, 01:39 PM
“We’re not in a negotiation to break up the package. It’s not an a la carte menu. It’s a strategy to get this country moving,” Axelrod said Tuesday on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

LMAO So funny when wimps try to talk tough. As though anyone is buying any of their bullshit any longer.

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Is this the Klan rally...why yes it is...

vailpass
09-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Dotte push me cuz I'm close. to. the. edge
Sometimes it makes me wonder
How you keep from goin' under

HonestChieffan
09-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Its an odd world these days. People are on edge so much. Wonder why we have become so skeptical?

Take a look here. Seems Obama is out selling the plan to the folks...gonna make a pitch in North Carolina at a high tech outfit HQ. Oddly, they built a new high tech facility to build the widgets they make.....only its in Costa Rica.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/13/obama-to-speak-at-nc-company-that’s-shipping-jobs-to-costa-rica/#ixzz1XsCtZAnR

Then, this solar panel maker deal where we got hung for $530 something million goes bad in a big way only to be followed up with, would you believe a new $1.2 billion for a great big solar panel sun farm thing.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/09/energy-department-presses-ahead-with-solar-investments.html

Oh, meanwhile we are broke and Obama was lecturing the euros on how they need to get deficits under control....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8761037/President-Barack-Obama-attacks-European-leaders-over-debt-crisis.html

Its a mad mad mad world.

BucEyedPea
09-13-2011, 07:12 PM

No, it's a "I Wanna Be King" or "Dictator" of America thread.

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-13-2011, 07:18 PM
No, it's a "I Wanna Be King" or "Dictator" of America thread.

NO...all threads in DC lounge are Klan rallies. I have no respect for DC lounge threads. The sole purpose of me posting in here is to piss the DC lounge crew off ...and at the same time add nothing to these worthless threads. I like that I get neg repped for my DC lounge post..it shows that I have accomplished my purpose.

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Its an odd world these days. People are on edge so much. Wonder why we have become so skeptical?

Take a look here. Seems Obama is out selling the plan to the folks...gonna make a pitch in North Carolina at a high tech outfit HQ. Oddly, they built a new high tech facility to build the widgets they make.....only its in Costa Rica.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/13/obama-to-speak-at-nc-company-that’s-shipping-jobs-to-costa-rica/#ixzz1XsCtZAnR

Then, this solar panel maker deal where we got hung for $530 something million goes bad in a big way only to be followed up with, would you believe a new $1.2 billion for a great big solar panel sun farm thing.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/09/energy-department-presses-ahead-with-solar-investments.html

Oh, meanwhile we are broke and Obama was lecturing the euros on how they need to get deficits under control....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8761037/President-Barack-Obama-attacks-European-leaders-over-debt-crisis.html

Its a mad mad mad world.

So is it hard to type while wearing a sheet ?

HonestChieffan
09-13-2011, 07:36 PM
So is it hard to type while wearing a sheet ?

Not at all. Winter sheets are a bit more difficult. But the new lightweight ones allow freedom of movement almost like no sheet at all. Glad you are back.

KCTitus
09-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Just skimming through the bill, the only jobs seem to be jobs in new government agencies.

First, it creates an American Infrastructure Financing Agency. Im not sure why we would need that. I believe the process of states issuing municipal bonds for their state projects work just fine, unless your state is broke because its been run into the ground.

Second, it creates a Public Safety Broadband Network. I dont understand, yet, WTF that means, but it could possibly be a 21st century version of the Rural Telephone Agency.

The tax increases are the same ones proposed in Obama's budget that was voted down 97-0 in the Senate a couple of years ago.

trndobrd
09-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Just skimming through the bill, the only jobs seem to be jobs in new government agencies.

First, it creates an American Infrastructure Financing Agency. Im not sure why we would need that. I believe the process of states issuing municipal bonds for their state projects work just fine, unless your state is broke because its been run into the ground.

Second, it creates a Public Safety Broadband Network. I dont understand, yet, WTF that means, but it could possibly be a 21st century version of the Rural Telephone Agency.

The tax increases are the same ones proposed in Obama's budget that was voted down 97-0 in the Senate a couple of years ago.

Personally, I would prefer one of the jobs filling in the holes. Filling in holes seems like it would be easier than digging holes.

headsnap
09-13-2011, 09:30 PM
gawd damn you is cute!!!!

BucEyedPea
09-13-2011, 09:50 PM
NO...all threads in DC lounge are Klan rallies. I have no respect for DC lounge threads. The sole purpose of me posting in here is to piss the DC lounge crew off ...and at the same time add nothing to these worthless threads. I like that I get neg repped for my DC lounge post..it shows that I have accomplished my purpose.

Did you know you're not even in the Lounge?

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Did you know you're not even in the Lounge?

:) I dont give a shit what you call it...its the DC crap hole.

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Obama and Congress just don't get it. They want to raise taxes, not to pay down the debt, but to spend more money.

It is not the role of Government to creat jobs, it's role is to get out of the way.

Baby Lee
09-14-2011, 09:37 AM
I for one applaud Dotte's tireless efforts to rebrand racism from being a bad thing to some generalized and tamed notion of existing and disagreeing with people who have different political leanings than you.

vailpass
09-14-2011, 09:52 AM

You think your minstrel show pisses anyone off? My dear boy you are a source of amusement, not consternation.

HonestChieffan
09-14-2011, 10:06 AM
After yesterdays elections, watch the dems run for cover from Obama's coattails....already happening:

(Politico) — President Barack Obama’s new jobs plan is hitting some unexpected turbulence in the halls of Congress: lawmakers from his own party.

“Terrible,” Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) told POLITICO when asked about the president’s ideas for how to pay for the $450 billion price tag. “We shouldn’t increase taxes on ordinary income. … There are other ways to get there.”

“That offset is not going to fly, and he should know that,” said Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu from the energy-producing Louisiana, referring to Obama’s elimination of oil and gas subsidies. “Maybe it’s just for his election, which I hope isn’t the case.”

“I think the best jobs bill that can be passed is a comprehensive long-term deficit-reduction plan,” said Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.), discussing proposals to slash the debt by $4 trillion by overhauling entitlement programs and raising revenue through tax reforms. “That’s better than everything else the president is talking about — combined.”

Jaric
09-14-2011, 10:10 AM
If only a white president has proposed this plan, I could really get behind it.

ChiTown
09-14-2011, 10:11 AM
If only a white president has proposed this plan, I could really get behind it.

(Thatguy approves of this message)

HonestChieffan
09-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Harry Reid backtracking...maybe some up for reelection Dem Senators saw the election results????

As President Obama continued to tout his new jobs bill campaign-style in the battleground state of Ohio, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., focusing instead on a potential disaster relief fight with Republicans, was unable to outline a path forward for the $447 billion plan.

"I don't know exactly what I'm going to do yet with the president's jobs bill, but we're going to have a full caucus meeting on it on Thurs," Reid told reporters, saying merely that he had introduced the bill Tuesday. A number of Democrats have previously opposed some of the ideas in the bill.

When asked if he had the votes to pass the legislation as is, the leader said only, "We'll see probably at later time."

Reid plans a briefing for his Democrats Thursday from White House officials "for people who don't understand it," and leadership aides tell Fox that committee chairs have been encouraged to hold hearings, though none have yet been announced.

Meanwhile, Republicans hit the president for filling the bill with ideas that have "been around the track," as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell put it Tuesday.

"I think this proposal is really not credible," the Kentucky Republican declared, as he skewered the Administration's proposal to pay for the bill with tax increases. The president has said it is time for the wealthy to pay their fair share.

Despite the conflict, it was clear there are a number of areas where Republicans and Democrats could find common ground, and according to a number of GOP and Democratic aides, the president's proposal could eventually be carved up, with parts of it passing in a piecemeal approach.

But there have been conflicting signals on that front coming from the White House. While the president said Monday, "Obviously, if they pass parts of it, I am not going to veto those parts," Obama's top campaign strategist, David Axelrod told ABC, "We're not in a negotiation to break up the package," adding, "It's not an ala carte menu."

As for Congress, though members could pick some items from that menu on which they agree, like a payroll tax credit, it is unclear if there is the political will to do so.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/09/13/reid-not-sure-if-obamas-jobs-bill-can-pass#ixzz1XwifPY1b

Jaric
09-14-2011, 12:10 PM
I for one applaud Dotte's tireless efforts to rebrand racism from being a bad thing to some generalized and tamed notion of existing and disagreeing with people who have different political leanings than you.

That's racist. (I think he just wants attention)

Saul Good
09-14-2011, 12:19 PM
That's racist. (I think he just wants attention)

If its attention he's after, he can pull a handfull of sawdust out of his pocket, scatter it on the ground, and do a little soft-shoe.

Jaric
09-14-2011, 12:58 PM
If its attention he's after, he can pull a handfull of sawdust out of his pocket, scatter it on the ground, and do a little soft-shoe.

He's too busy eating chicken and watermelon and not paying his bills on time.

vailpass
09-14-2011, 01:16 PM

Hey! You're working my side of the street!

Baby Lee
09-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey! You're working my side of the street!

Working? Obama n'aw.

Calcountry
09-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Hey, jAZ.You still think Obama is going to win in 2012?

Calcountry
09-14-2011, 07:43 PM
If only a white president has proposed this plan, I could really get behind it.If I only had a brain, da da dad daaa daa.

I could wile away the hours,

Hey, there is no one behind the curtain but a dumb ass teleprompter reader.

The great and powerful O.

Who dares question the all powerful O. We must pass this s timulus. why the hell should we? so they can piss more of it in solar plants that are bust? Heck, we don't even have the money to piss any more.

Calcountry
09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Harry Reid backtracking...maybe some up for reelection Dem Senators saw the election results????

As President Obama continued to tout his new jobs bill campaign-style in the battleground state of Ohio, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., focusing instead on a potential disaster relief fight with Republicans, was unable to outline a path forward for the $447 billion plan.

"I don't know exactly what I'm going to do yet with the president's jobs bill, but we're going to have a full caucus meeting on it on Thurs," Reid told reporters, saying merely that he had introduced the bill Tuesday. A number of Democrats have previously opposed some of the ideas in the bill.

When asked if he had the votes to pass the legislation as is, the leader said only, "We'll see probably at later time."

Reid plans a briefing for his Democrats Thursday from White House officials "for people who don't understand it," and leadership aides tell Fox that committee chairs have been encouraged to hold hearings, though none have yet been announced.

Meanwhile, Republicans hit the president for filling the bill with ideas that have "been around the track," as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell put it Tuesday.

"I think this proposal is really not credible," the Kentucky Republican declared, as he skewered the Administration's proposal to pay for the bill with tax increases. The president has said it is time for the wealthy to pay their fair share.

Despite the conflict, it was clear there are a number of areas where Republicans and Democrats could find common ground, and according to a number of GOP and Democratic aides, the president's proposal could eventually be carved up, with parts of it passing in a piecemeal approach.

But there have been conflicting signals on that front coming from the White House. While the president said Monday, "Obviously, if they pass parts of it, I am not going to veto those parts," Obama's top campaign strategist, David Axelrod told ABC, "We're not in a negotiation to break up the package," adding, "It's not an ala carte menu."

As for Congress, though members could pick some items from that menu on which they agree, like a payroll tax credit, it is unclear if there is the political will to do so.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/09/13/reid-not-sure-if-obamas-jobs-bill-can-pass#ixzz1XwifPY1bAll Harry has to do to repent is get the senate to Repeal Obamacare. Send it to Obama, and let him defend it "all by his lonesome".

CoMoChief
09-14-2011, 10:01 PM
We need more MadCrapper

mikey23545
09-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Not at all. Winter sheets are a bit more difficult. But the new lightweight ones allow freedom of movement almost like no sheet at all. Glad you are back.

I now prefer the white Snuggies...What a great invention!