PDA

View Full Version : Obama Someone from the Obama Camp, help me understand please?

HonestChieffan
09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
WASHINGTON — A tiny car company backed by former Vice President Al Gore has just gotten a $529 million U.S. government loan to help build a hybrid sports car in Finland that will sell for about $89,000.

The award this week to California startup Fisker Automotive Inc. follows a $465 million government loan to Tesla Motors Inc., purveyors of a $109,000 British-built electric Roadster. Tesla is a California startup focusing on all-electric vehicles, with a number of celebrity endorsements that is backed by investors that have contributed to Democratic campaigns.

The awards to Fisker and Tesla have prompted concern from companies that have had their bids for loans rejected, and criticism from groups that question why vehicles aimed at the wealthiest customers are getting loans subsidized by taxpayers.

“This is not for average Americans,” said Leslie Paige, a spokeswoman for Citizens Against Government Waste, an anti-tax group in Washington. “This is for people to put something in their driveway that is a conversation piece. It’s status symbol thing.”

DOE officials spent months working with Fisker on its application, touring its Irvine, Calif., and Pontiac, Mich., facilities and test-driving prototypes.

Matt Rogers, who oversees the department’s loan programs as a senior adviser to Energy Secretary Steven Chu, said Fisker was awarded the loan after a “detailed technical review” that concluded the company could eventually deliver a highly fuel-efficient hybrid car to a mass audience. Fisker said most of its DOE loan will be used to finance U.S. production of a $40,000 family sedan that has yet to be designed.

Jaric
09-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Obviously you hate black people.

Baby Lee
09-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Did you write this with a pencil whittled from the embers of that cross you burned?

BucEyedPea
09-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Did you write this with a pencil whittled from the embers of that cross you burned?

LMAO

Baby Lee
09-14-2011, 09:30 AM
LMAO

Your rage tells me I'm accomplishing a lot.

BucEyedPea
09-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Your rage tells me I'm accomplishing a lot.

Rage? :hmmm: That was hysterically funny! :D

Jenson71
09-14-2011, 10:44 AM
There was a big environmental loan paid out to a solar panel company in the west (CA, maybe?) that went under a few weeks ago. I'm surprised that crash wouldn't stop what could be another, and one that, from the article alone, looks to be more likely.

EDIT: strangly enough, here today is a thread on it: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249979

Calcountry
09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Now we know why the rich should be paying their fair share. So that they can piss more of it away. And you want to know why companies are not hiring?

Duh.

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2011, 06:44 PM
This is a good thing to a degree. We need to develop different types of transportation

Bewbies
09-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Fiskers car is cool as hell. If you're into the whole electric car thing, BMW i3 and i8 are coming soon, both cool too.

Hopefully BMW's plan to mass produce will bring about a reduction in cost in these things. Heck, the Nissan Leaf is pretty cool too.

banyon
09-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Hard to tell. No link, no info. Just a hit piece.

Why do you pretend that you want anyone else's opinion on this?

HonestChieffan
09-15-2011, 01:14 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125383160812639013.html

Link....WSJ, a well known source of hit pieces.

I thought you left the Obama Camp months ago and had become a conservative.

My main question for the Obots is why is their guy giving money to build jobs in Finland.

RINGLEADER
09-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Fiskers car is cool as hell. If you're into the whole electric car thing, BMW i3 and i8 are coming soon, both cool too.

Hopefully BMW's plan to mass produce will bring about a reduction in cost in these things. Heck, the Nissan Leaf is pretty cool too.

I'm an investor in Fisker Auto -- they have some very cool chit coming down the road...

Psyko Tek
09-16-2011, 12:17 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125383160812639013.html

Link....WSJ, a well known source of hit pieces.

I thought you left the Obama Camp months ago and had become a conservative.

My main question for the Obots is why is their guy giving money to build jobs in Finland.

finland china india
wtf
ain't nobody worried about jobs in the us

Bewbies
09-16-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm an investor in Fisker Auto -- they have some very cool chit coming down the road...

Cool! I don't think I'll see many here in GA, but I would bet in a few years they'll be all over the place out in California.