PDA

View Full Version : Tolbert Trade

Hoover
09-15-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm in a 12 team three WR non ppr league and just traded away Tolbert this morning. Wanted to see what you guys thought of the deal.

I traded Tolbert and Julio Jones for Shonn Green and Reggie Wayne.

I'm taking advantage of all the BS in Indy, but I think there is risk/reward for each owner.

My Team following the deal

Romo
Chris Johnson
M. Turner
Reggie Wayne, Bowe, Colston, Steve Smith (CAR) Jordy Nelson

His team

Rivers
Ray Rice, Tolbert, Best
AJ Green, Manningham, Jones, Meecham

I think I clearly got the better end of the deal, but there are lots of other factors that also play into this like QB chaos, rookie, age, etc.

ChiefGator
09-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Only time will tell, but you are trading while Tolbert is high, and Shonn Green and Wayne are low. I know Wayne still had a great game, but perceptions are down on him just because of the mess in Indy.

I think it's a good trade.

Sofa King
09-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Should pan out alright.

Pestilence
09-15-2011, 10:07 AM
The other team's WRs are fucking horrible.

Cave Johnson
09-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Mildly in your favor, but this is coming from someone firmly in Tolbert's camp (have him in both my leagues). He splits carries with Matthews and is the clear 3rd down and GL back in a top 5 offense..... that screams borderline RB1 to me.

I guess it depends principally on whether Green continues to repeat his 2010 performance.

Pestilence
09-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Oh...and why the fuck would that guy want Tolbert if he already has Rivers?

Jewish Rabbi
09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I think it's a bad trade for you, but it shouldn't hurt you too bad if you only start 2 RB.

Hoover
09-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I only start 2 RB and don't see how I could ever start Tolbert over Turner and Johnson.

MoreLemonPledge
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Decent trade. You sold high on a player that was destined for the bench, while upgrading at WR.

ngoc
09-19-2011, 04:49 AM
While Starks is probably the better GB back to have, I wouldn't dump Tolbert for any reason.

MoreLemonPledge
09-19-2011, 12:19 PM
While Starks is probably the better GB back to have, I wouldn't dump Tolbert for any reason.

Except that Tolbert is fumble-prone and is losing his carries to Ryan Mathews, including goal line carries. As I stated earlier in the thread, selling high on Tolbert in week 1 was the best possible scenario.

Hoover
09-19-2011, 12:53 PM
This trade actually got shot down my the league. It kind of pisses me off, but not all that upset. To be honest Wayne doesn't excite me much without Peyton. He actually reminds me of Bowe now.

I actually really liked the Green part of the trade.