PDA

View Full Version : Computers Excel Gurus

crispystl420
09-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know what kind of formula I could use to track total weekly hours in this spreadsheet. I could do it using military time but that probably wouldn't work for some of the staff (they have enough trouble with standard time). I have tried google and I can't get anything to work.

Thanks in advance

Oops forgot the attachment

Fish
09-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Looks like you need to take the inverse square of A-B, and multiply that by .12, then subtract the average of C-B/4.

That should do it.

Dayze
09-15-2011, 08:38 AM
what exactly do you need to do?

crispystl420
09-15-2011, 08:40 AM
what exactly do you need to do?

I need a formula that will calculate an employees total weekly hours automatically.

Dayze
09-15-2011, 09:15 AM
assuming you're working from the 'new schedule' tab...

the forumla you need is
"HOUR(D3-C3)" etc

you can copy and paste this down for all personnel.
I just did a quick example (attached); added colums for each day to capture that days' totals; then hid the columns. Added a colum that totaled up each employees hours etc.

you can see the formula if you unhide the colums etc.

crispystl420
09-15-2011, 11:14 AM
assuming you're working from the 'new schedule' tab...

the forumla you need is
"HOUR(D3-C3)" etc

you can copy and paste this down for all personnel.
I just did a quick example (attached); added colums for each day to capture that days' totals; then hid the columns. Added a colum that totaled up each employees hours etc.

you can see the formula if you unhide the colums etc.

Thanks that works except it doesn't track half hours. Is there any way to do that?

Dragonocho
09-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks that works except it doesn't track half hours. Is there any way to do that?

Right click all the blocks that are tracking hours. Select format cells. Select numbers as the format with the decimals set to 1.

Detoxing
09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
That looks terrible dude. Do you still need help? I don't have a sheet for tracking ALL of the employee hours anymore, but I do have a bitchin' time card for individuals. You simply enter the employee's clock in/out times and it calculates the total hours for you. You could probably steal the idea and make it work for you. Let me know.

crispystl420
09-15-2011, 04:46 PM
That looks terrible dude. Do you still need help? I don't have a sheet for tracking ALL of the employee hours anymore, but I do have a bitchin' time card for individuals. You simply enter the employee's clock in/out times and it calculates the total hours for you. You could probably steal the idea and make it work for you. Let me know.

Yeah man that would be freaking awesome. All I need is individual hours any ways. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Detoxing
09-16-2011, 11:44 AM
So...how do I post a spread sheet on here?

Dayze
09-16-2011, 11:47 AM
the addtional options section of the Reply window.
I found that out yesterday lol.....only took me 8 years.

crispystl420
09-16-2011, 06:56 PM
So...how do I post a spread sheet on here?

Do you want my e-mail address?

crispystl420
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM
the addtional options section of the Reply window.
I found that out yesterday lol.....only took me 8 years.

Lol I was trying to figure that out after I forgot to attach the file to my original post.