PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Pelosi ....must be drugs

HonestChieffan
09-15-2011, 06:03 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/pelosi-cackle.jpg

First off, how to spin getting your ass kicked:

(CNS News) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) said on Wednesday that the Democrats’ loss of the special election in New York’s 9th Congressional District—which was formerly represented by Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner—was actually a “good day” because it made Democrats realize they needed to intensify their efforts to prevail in next year’s elections.

“In terms of New York, yeah, that was a disappointment. We would have preferred to win,” said Pelosi.

“It was a good day because it was something where other people realize we have to buckle down in order to win this,” she said.

Then, this mastermind of economics offers up this gem:

(CNSNews.com) — Suggesting that tax increases should be included in the legislation that will followup on the recommendations of the special super-committee set up by last month’s debt-limit law, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) said on Thursday that Congress needs to “address revenue.”

Pelosi was speaking in an anticipation of a speech on economic issues that House Speaker John Boehner (R.-Ohio) was gong to be delivering to the Economic Club of Washington on Wednesday.

“Speaker Boehner is going to call on the super-committee today to take on tax reform,” a reporter asked Pelosi at a morning press briefing. “Do you think that that also should be a top-priority for the super-committee? And what would you like to see? Do you want to see corporate tax rates go down to 25 percent?”

“Any tax reform and closing of loopholes, which is really important for us to do as a sense of fairness, must also reduce the deficit,” said Pelosi.

But my favorite from the wicked old bat:

(Politico) — Despite two Democratic special-election losses this week, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is still upbeat about the chances of taking back the House.

The California congresswoman on Thursday acknowledged the loss of New York’s 9th Congressional District seat, long held by a Democrat, was a “disappointment,” but said it wouldn’t change the House Democrats’ strategy for the 2012 congressional elections.

“This is a mogul,” said Pelosi, pulling out a sports analogy, as she has done in recent days. “A mogul is a bump. You plant your pole and go faster down to your goal.”

blaise
09-15-2011, 06:06 PM
I remember a few months back when a NY Republican lost an election in central NY, a traditionally Republican area, and Ugly Duck and other Dems were crowing about how it was an indicator of how dissatisfied people were with Republicans.
Wonder how they feel about this one.

Donger
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Boy, she really wants that gavel back. I suspect that it had other uses beyond getting banged on a desk.

KC Dan
09-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Boy, she really wants that gavel back. I suspect that it had other uses beyond getting banged on a desk.The gavel or her, ewwwwwwww

ROYC75
09-16-2011, 09:56 AM
I remember a few months back when a NY Republican lost an election in central NY, a traditionally Republican area, and Ugly Duck and other Dems were crowing about how it was an indicator of how dissatisfied people were with Republicans.
Wonder how they feel about this one.

Duck done quacked out.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2011, 09:58 AM
We won Vietnam!!! We won!!!!

Huffmeister
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Boy, she really wants that gavel back. I suspect that it had other uses beyond getting banged on a desk.

You plant your pole and go faster down to your goal.

:hmmm: