PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Ron Paul In 1988 - End The Drug War

KILLER_CLOWN
09-15-2011, 10:48 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wZrXt7Z1ZmU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wZrXt7Z1ZmU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Video - Ron Paul on the Morton Downey Jr. Show - 1988

Runs 1 minute. This is pretty funny.

It's 23 years and hundreds of billions later, as we've been trying to cut off drugs at their source for more than 2 decades. How's that working out for ya?

Finance Guy In London Explains How To Order Cocaine From A Restaurant

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/finance-guy-in-london-explains-how-to-order-cocaine-from-a-restaurant-2011-9#ixzz1Y5V4uXhm

http://dailybail.com/home/ron-paul-in-1988-end-the-drug-war.html

CoMoChief
09-15-2011, 10:55 PM
AAAAAAhahahaha

love Ron Paul...

SNR
09-15-2011, 11:43 PM
I loved this video back in 2008. That was when Ron Paul let idiots like Rudy go "uhh... Theptember Eleventttththth" and walk over him in the debates. He's a little more spry this time around, but back in 1988. Man, that's so fucking awesome. He was angry. I love that shit.

That's something this country hasn't had in awhile. An angry, mean, president. If only we could reverse the years on Ron Paul. That'd be excellent.

"You're looking a little overweight! The government ought to put you on a diet!" Fucking fantastic!

RubberSponge
09-16-2011, 01:18 AM
I'm all for a Ron Paul/Gary Johnson ticket.

Firmly believe that until we get the Govt. out of how we live our lives we will never be able to get them out of our pocket.

It may be hard for some to believe but, social reform is much more needed in this country than fiscal reform.

Telling people how they should live just keeps the masses blind to the monetary theft the Govt. continues against us.

patteeu
09-16-2011, 06:44 AM
I loved the Morton Downey Jr. Show. Ron Paul made a pretty good funny in that clip.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2011, 08:19 AM
hahaha, mort was class in a classless society full of fat POS like that goon. Ain't nothing changed since.

Dave Lane
09-16-2011, 08:27 AM
I agree with part of that effort. Maybe all of it. Make it legal tax it and use part of the money to help drug addicts.

BucEyedPea
09-16-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree with part of that effort. Maybe all of it. Make it legal tax it and use part of the money to help drug addicts.
No, don't tax it. Another revenue source for govt doesn't get the out of our life.

ROYC75
09-16-2011, 08:50 AM
No, don't tax it. Another revenue source for govt doesn't get the out of our life.

How could you not tax it? You tax everything else in our lives, but you let drugs go. Especially the drugs people want for recreational use ?

I do not understand this level of thinking unless you are a recreational drug user?

Ace Gunner
09-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Can't legalize - you'd ruin military black ops, FBI & CIA budget.

BucEyedPea
09-16-2011, 09:08 AM
How could you not tax it? You tax everything else in our lives, but you let drugs go. Especially the drugs people want for recreational use ?

I do not understand this level of thinking unless you are a recreational drug user?

No I use no recreational drugs, not pot, no prescriptions drugs except perhaps an anti-biotic when absolutely necessary, and hardly any over the counter drugs. Just Excedrin for headaches, after I try non-drug approaches. I am very anti-drug. I don't even agree with this idea of taking aspirin in low doses daily that some men do as they get older to prevent heart attacks.

Not tax it? The whole idea behind limited govt, and which our Framers discussed, is you don't want govt to have access to a lot of money because it gives them more power over us. This is why they were against an income tax. Providing more areas to tax, keeps govt growing and that means more power over our lives. That's not what I want and I thought that's what conservatives didn't want too.

I assume we're talking about the central govt here too. Anyhow, I want govt's revenue sources to be lessened not increased. What will come later taxing air? Believe the govt will keep looking for more sources. Government is GREEDY but they call others that.

BucEyedPea
09-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Can't legalize - you'd ruin military black ops, FBI & CIA budget.

That's a good reason to legalize it, imo. ;)

Radar Chief
09-16-2011, 09:25 AM
How could you not tax it?

When anyone with a 3X3 piece of land can grow enough to sustain even the heaviest smokers habit how exactly do you tax it?

patteeu
09-16-2011, 10:01 AM

This post (or at least the post I think it was supposed to be) has been endorsed by patteeu.

patteeu
09-16-2011, 10:03 AM

Applying the normal sales tax is fine, but there's no reason to tax it more heavily than other products. Decriminalizing marijuana shouldn't be a play for a new revenue source. It should be done to increase freedom and decrease crime.

Brock
09-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Applying the normal sales tax is fine, but there's no reason to tax it more heavily than other products. Decriminalizing marijuana shouldn't be a play for a new revenue source. It should be done to increase freedom and decrease crime.

Alcohol and tobacco are taxed more heavily, it seems there's a precedent.

BucEyedPea
09-16-2011, 10:16 AM

All taxes need to be cut, period. Let's start lookin' at where instead of finding more areas to tax. This will advance the cause of liberty.

patteeu
09-16-2011, 10:16 AM

I realize that. I don't agree with those excise taxes either. I'm a little less opposed to the gas tax because of the connection between gasoline and the upkeep of our highway system, but I'm not completely convinced in that case either.

BucEyedPea
09-16-2011, 10:18 AM
I realize that. I don't agree with those excise taxes either. I'm a little less opposed to the gas tax because of the connection between gasoline and the upkeep of our highway system, but I'm not completely convinced in that case either.

U.S. military burns '22 gallons of diesel [fuel] per soldier per day in Afghanistan, at a cost of more than $100,000 a person annually. Cut this cost out by bringing the troops home and ending the senseless wars that are not making us safer. This is a classic case of why govt seeks more and new sources of revenue. Put your money where your mouth is.

patteeu
09-16-2011, 10:19 AM
U.S. military burns '22 gallons of diesel [fuel] per soldier per day in Afghanistan, at a cost of more than $100,000 a person annually. Cut this cost out by bringing the troops home and ending the senseless wars that are not making us safer.

No.

BucEyedPea
09-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Less war= less taxes
Less = less govt

patteeu supports BIG govt!

Ace Gunner
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM

which is precisely the reason it is illegal.

BucEyedPea
09-16-2011, 10:52 AM

It being illegal increases crime.

I am for ending the Drug War as there are some serious Constitutional violations of due process. I am not for all drugs being legal. Although I have been on that side before. I go back and forth. The last argument to change my mind was that making it legal would make the doctors the drug pushers. ( as if some of them aren't now)

Radar Chief
09-16-2011, 11:43 AM
U.S. military burns '22 gallons of diesel [fuel] per soldier per day in Afghanistan, at a cost of more than $100,000 a person annually. Cut this cost out by bringing the troops home and ending the senseless wars that are not making us safer. This is a classic case of why govt seeks more and new sources of revenue. Put your money where your mouth is.

Right, cause those same troops wouldn't be burning any Diesel if they were back in the states.

Radar Chief
09-16-2011, 11:45 AM

There are a dozen or so reasons its illegal, reducing crime is not one of them.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm saying it's illegal in order to enable a market of $$$ that is accessible and is not tracable that is used for much bigger crimes on america and humanity, while at the same time it is the reason to strike liberty worldwide.

When it was only the WOD, americans lost liberty. When it was the WOT, americans lost liberty. When american social support wained, the WOD was used to reinvest social interest in the WOT. Hence, in 2003 while support for the Iraq invasion was waining, the US Gov't produced and aired a commercial explaining terrorists were selling herion to american children and using those profits to kill american troops. Never mind the Saudi Gov't was funding the other 99% of terrorist regime activities.

patteeu
09-16-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm saying it's illegal in order to enable a market of $$$ that is accessible and is not tracable that is used for much bigger crimes on america and humanity, while at the same time it is the reason to strike liberty worldwide.

When it was only the WOD, americans lost liberty. When it was the WOT, americans lost liberty. When american social support wained, the WOD was used to reinvest social interest in the WOT. Hence, in 2003 while support for the Iraq invasion was waining, the US Gov't produced and aired a commercial explaining terrorists were selling herion to american children and using those profits to kill american troops. Never mind the Saudi Gov't was funding the other 99% of terrorist regime activities.

There's a real enemy in the WOT. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2011, 12:32 PM
I think we can all agree there are bad people in the world. The way we deal is stupidly wasting resources at a accelerated rate.

patteeu
09-16-2011, 12:40 PM
I think we can all agree there are bad people in the world. The way we deal is stupidly wasting resources at a accelerated rate.

It's easy to criticize the inevitable waste of government, but it's not so clear that the critics always have a better idea about how to allocate those resources.

Ace Gunner
09-16-2011, 01:13 PM
after fifty years in the same direction of failure on every level of domestic & foriegn policy, the failure of a nation is eminent. I'm ready to change direction. no, I'm not talking about getting tough on __________. I'm talking about changing direction away from military commanders setting the boundaries of american policy both domestically & abroad.

insert Einstein quote re insanity.

go bowe
09-16-2011, 01:14 PM

should be all three...

in these fiscal times, with the crushing debt being made worse by ever-growing deficits, taxing pot is one way to reduce the deficit...

alcohol and tobacco are heavily taxed, why not maryjane?

for me the biggest sell (besides increasing my freedom to use legally) is eradicating drug-associated crime and the hugely wasteful war on drugs...

btw, ending the drug war would be a significant cut in spending, which nearly everyone except crazy liberals agree is desperately needed...

BWillie
09-16-2011, 01:20 PM
The prohibition really worked didn't it guys? Countless people lose their lives every year because marijuana is not legal. There is no valid reason that marijuana is illegal, and booze is legal. I don't ever smoke weed either, I hate it, but it should not be up the government to prevent you from doing so. If you think Marijuana is more harmful than Alcohol, you are a retard plain and simple.

go bowe
09-16-2011, 01:20 PM

i think you've never met a tax that you liked... :Poke:

nstygma
09-16-2011, 01:34 PM
should be all three...

in these fiscal times, with the crushing debt being made worse by ever-growing deficits, taxing pot is one way to reduce the deficit...

for me the biggest sell (besides increasing my freedom to use legally) is eradicating drug-associated crime and the hugely wasteful war on drugs...

btw, ending the drug war would be a significant cut in spending, which nearly everyone except crazy liberals agree is desperately needed...
mj grown at home should be untaxed and left alone completely. if the quiki mart sells it, tax it as you do every other item. sound right?

go bowe
09-16-2011, 01:42 PM
mj grown at home should be untaxed and left alone completely. if the quiki mart sells it, tax it as you do every other item. sound right?

right as rain...

hmmm, i often wonder what exactly is right about rain?

patteeu
09-16-2011, 03:22 PM
should be all three...

I don't believe in using the tax code for social policy (or welfare for that matter). I believe in taxing consumption and keeping the base as broad as possible so that the rate can be as low as possible.

I'm with you on these two points.

patteeu
09-16-2011, 03:29 PM
after fifty years in the same direction of failure on every level of domestic & foriegn policy, the failure of a nation is eminent. I'm ready to change direction. no, I'm not talking about getting tough on __________. I'm talking about changing direction away from military commanders setting the boundaries of american policy both domestically & abroad.

insert Einstein quote re insanity.

I can't see much reality reflected in your statement. First of all, fifty years ago, we were pursuing a foreign policy that was eventually going to win the cold war for us so it was extremely successful.

Second of all, we haven't had the same foreign policy for the past 50 years. The Bush administration's foreign policy was quite a departure from what we'd been doing previously. It took decades for the policy of the cold war to bear fruit. I think it's way too early to pronounce the WOT foreign policy initiated by GWBush a failure, especially after it's already achieved so many victories (no major attack on the US since 9/11, al Qaeda in disarray and it's leadership decimated, 5 dictators ousted or driven from power and several others on life support, a freely elected government in Iraq, dramatically improved intelligence capabilities in the middle east, etc. etc.

teedubya
09-17-2011, 02:55 PM
But, if marijuana was legal... I'm sure there would be more chemicals and toxins in them... so illegal marijuana is probably more healthy. lol.

This was a great clip.

The_Doctor10
09-23-2011, 03:20 AM
right as rain...

hmmm, i often wonder what exactly is right about rain?

The fact that it's water, the driving force of life on our planet? Safe to say it isn't wrong.

And it helps grow marijuana. Two rights making a freedom baby, that's what it sounds like to me...

RubberSponge
09-23-2011, 04:17 AM
Water is more toxic than marijuana. Let's ban it and jail it's users.

Oh... wait...

How about this one. Marijuana is safer than Tylenol.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Water is more toxic than marijuana. Let's ban it and jail it's users.

Oh... wait...

How about this one. Marijuana is safer than Tylenol.

I'm not against Mary-Juana users, you should be free to do what you want, but water doesn't get you high. I agree it's safer than Tylenol, because Tylenol is horrible for your liver.

RubberSponge
09-23-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm not against Mary-Juana users, you should be free to do what you want, but water doesn't get you high. I agree it's safer than Tylenol, because Tylenol is horrible for your liver.

Water can kill you easier than you think. It takes about a gallon of water over a course of 4-6hrs to kill a toddler. Marijuana can't even kill a baby. Marijuana is safer than water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
Notable cases
Artist Andy Warhol died from a cardiac arrhythmia. His family sued the hospital, claiming the arrhythmia was a result of water intoxication from being overloaded with fluids after routine gallbladder surgery.[15]

Leah Betts died on November 16, 1995 as the result of drinking too much water, though in the media her death was initially attributed to taking an ecstasy tablet at her 18th birthday party.[16]

On September 12, 1999, US Air Force basic trainee Michael J. Schindler died of heat stroke, severely complicated by water intoxication, two days after becoming seriously ill during a 5.8 miles (9.3 km) march. The Air Force changed its recruit training procedures as a result.[17]

On June 9, 2002, 4-year-old Cassandra Killpack of Springville, Utah died as a result of water intoxication when her parents forcefully fed her as much as one gallon (3.8 liters) of water in a short period while she was being disciplined. Her mother, Jennette Killpack, was convicted in 2005 of child abuse homicide.[18]

On October 12, 2002, 3-year-old Rosita Gonzalez of Hollywood, Florida died of water intoxication when her babysitter Nancy Gayoso punished her by forcing her to drink three quarts (2.8 liters) of water in a four-hour period.[19][20] Gayoso was arrested and charged with murder in the first degree on March 10, 2003. After being declared incompetent to stand trial in 2004 and 2005,[21] Gayoso was found competent on March 26, 2007.

In 2003, Walter Dean Jennings, a freshman history major at SUNY Plattsburgh, was pledging the Psi Epsilon Chi "when he was forced to drink urine, stay awake for days and consume vast amounts of alcohol during a 10-day initiation and hazing process." According to PressRepublican.com, "On his last night of pledging the unrecognized fraternity, the 18-year-old was forced to drink gallons of water through a funnel, which caused his brain to swell from water intoxication and ultimately resulted in his death."[22]

In a much-publicized case of fraternity hazing, four members of the Chi Tau House at California State University, Chico pleaded guilty to forcing 21-year-old student Matthew Carrington to drink excessive amounts of water while performing calisthenics in a frigid basement as part of initiation rites on February 2, 2005.[23] He collapsed and died of heart failure due to water intoxication.

On January 12, 2007, Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman and a mother of 3, from Rancho Cordova, California, was found dead in her home by her mother, hours after trying to win one of Nintendo's Wii game consoles. KDND 107.9 "The End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest, involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating. A nurse actually called the radio station to warn them about the danger in which they were putting people, but the disc jockeys were less than impressed. Lucy Davidson, the winner of the contest, was severely sickened while picking up her prize. Civil charges against the radio station were filed by Jennifer's family,[24] and the family was eventually awarded $16.5 million in the ensuing wrongful death lawsuit.[25] The FCC has launched its own investigation to determine if the station violated the terms of its operating license.

In 2008, Jacqueline Henson, a 40-year-old British woman, died after drinking four liters of water in under two hours as part of her LighterLife diet plan.[26]

Other notable fatalities due to water intoxication include Australian schoolgirl Anna Wood,[27] 2002 Boston Marathon competitor Cynthia Lucero,[28] and Washington, D.C. police officer James McBride.[29]
British actor Anthony Andrews survived a case of water intoxication in 2003. He was performing as Henry Higgins in a revival of the musical My Fair Lady at the time, and consumed up to eight litres of water a day. He was unconscious and in intensive care for three days.[30][31]

BucEyedPea
09-23-2011, 08:18 AM

Yup, and it's the drug of choice for suicidals because of its toxicity. Emergency room personnel see this.

"....for all you suicidals out there."

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6q_mHFfOMWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Radar Chief
09-23-2011, 09:08 AM
"....for all you suicidals out there."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nxcJW6bs5os" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

go bowe
09-23-2011, 12:35 PM
The fact that it's water, the driving force of life on our planet? Safe to say it isn't wrong.

And it helps grow marijuana. Two rights making a freedom baby, that's what it sounds like to me...

you are obviously a man of superior intellect and discerning judgment...