PDA

View Full Version : Obama $253,263.00 per job

HonestChieffan
09-16-2011, 06:30 PM
First I don't believe it will create that many jobs nor will the jobs it "creates" last more than the time it takes to pocket the money. Second, I dont believe the cost figure for one minute. Anything this administration says will cost a buck will end up five.

That said, using Obamas numbers, this should outrage even the likes of confirmed Obots like Orange and Banyon.

(CNSNews.com) — President Barack Obama said at a fundraiser held in a private residence in Washington, D.C., on Thursday evening that the $447 billion American Jobs Act he has proposed will create 1.9 million American jobs — which works out to a cost of about $235,263 per job.

“It’s estimated that the American Jobs Act would add two percentage points to the GDP, and add as many as 1.9 million jobs, and bring the unemployment rate down by a full percentage point,” Obama said, according to the official White House transcript of his remarks.

Obama did not say who made the estimate in question, but his remarks mirrored the conclusions of an analysis made by Mark Zandi, the chief economist for Moody’s Analytics. “The plan would add 2 percentage points to GDP growth next year, add 1.9 million jobs, and cut the unemployment rate by a percentage point,” Zandi wrote.

In a fact sheet published by Office of the Press Secretary, the White House itself has estimated that president’s new jobs plan will cost a total of $447 billion.

$447 billion divided by 1.9 million equals approximately $235,263.

Garcia Bronco
09-16-2011, 08:09 PM
And increase the debt even further.

HonestChieffan
09-16-2011, 08:17 PM
And increase the debt even further.

Debt is good if it adds more government employees or goes to a union. Dont be so closed minded.

Garcia Bronco
09-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Debt is good if it adds more government employees or goes to a union. Dont be so closed minded.

LOL

go bowe
09-16-2011, 08:34 PM
First I don't believe it will create that many jobs nor will the jobs it "creates" last more than the time it takes to pocket the money. Second, I dont believe the cost figure for one minute. Anything this administration says will cost a buck will end up five.

That said, using Obamas numbers, this should outrage even the likes of confirmed Obots like Orange and Banyon.

(CNSNews.com) — President Barack Obama said at a fundraiser held in a private residence in Washington, D.C., on Thursday evening that the $447 billion American Jobs Act he has proposed will create 1.9 million American jobs — which works out to a cost of about $235,263 per job.

“It’s estimated that the American Jobs Act would add two percentage points to the GDP, and add as many as 1.9 million jobs, and bring the unemployment rate down by a full percentage point,” Obama said, according to the official White House transcript of his remarks.

Obama did not say who made the estimate in question, but his remarks mirrored the conclusions of an analysis made by Mark Zandi, the chief economist for Moody’s Analytics. “The plan would add 2 percentage points to GDP growth next year, add 1.9 million jobs, and cut the unemployment rate by a percentage point,” Zandi wrote.

In a fact sheet published by Office of the Press Secretary, the White House itself has estimated that president’s new jobs plan will cost a total of $447 billion.

$447 billion divided by 1.9 million equals approximately $235,263.

yeah, it won't "create" as many jobs as we would like, but dividing the total cost of the bill by the number of jobs created is a little misleading...

i'm not sure but isn't some of the "cost" payroll tax cuts?

payroll tax cuts don't create jobs, they "stimulate" the economy...

otoh, i have no idea what the administration is saying about all of this...

HonestChieffan
09-16-2011, 08:54 PM
yeah, it won't "create" as many jobs as we would like, but dividing the total cost of the bill by the number of jobs created is a little misleading...

i'm not sure but isn't some of the "cost" payroll tax cuts?

payroll tax cuts don't create jobs, they "stimulate" the economy...

otoh, i have no idea what the administration is saying about all of this...

You are not supposed to understand. Just nod and say yes, gimme some.

chasedude
09-16-2011, 09:01 PM

Yup, keep drinking that Kool-Aid. :clap:

NaptownChief
09-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Jesus....With a $100,000 free government money my wife could create 10 jobs at her flower shop....and they would likely last for eternity.

FD
09-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Most of the jobs bill is tax cuts, though. When you let people and companies keep more of their money by cutting their taxes, that isn't really a "cost" as the OP makes it out to be.

Honestchieffan, do you really consider a tax cut to be a "cost" like you are saying? This is a tax cut that a lot of people could really use right now, and the fact that it will stimulate the economy as most economists predict and create millions of new jobs seems like icing on the cake. Do you really support raising payroll taxes at this moment?

ROYC75
09-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I would like some of that money to expand my business and hire employees..

I would even offer them HC to go with it.

go bowe
09-16-2011, 09:36 PM

good!

i'm good then...

HonestChieffan
09-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Most of the jobs bill is tax cuts, though. When you let people and companies keep more of their money by cutting their taxes, that isn't really a "cost" as the OP makes it out to be.

Honestchieffan, do you really consider a tax cut to be a "cost" like you are saying? This is a tax cut that a lot of people could really use right now, and the fact that it will stimulate the economy as most economists predict and create millions of new jobs seems like icing on the cake. Do you really support raising payroll taxes at this moment?

This jobs bill....have you seen it? Did you see how its paid for?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/64725696/American-Jobs-Act-Final

FD
09-16-2011, 10:07 PM
This jobs bill....have you seen it?

I have, and my description was accurate. http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/legislative/reports/american-jobs-act.pdf

HonestChieffan
09-17-2011, 10:10 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-t2V7tEAxSFw/TnMuNcO2x4I/AAAAAAAA07w/OYlWJwtUCc0/s400/theo2.jpg

Chief Faithful
09-18-2011, 07:22 AM
$253,263 is a big improvement over the $272,000 the stimulus reported. I'm not sure this administration can achieve that much increase in efficiency. They must be hoping again.

Chief Faithful
09-18-2011, 07:27 AM
This jobs bill....have you seen it? Did you see how its paid for?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/64725696/American-Jobs-Act-Final

Nobody has seen it outside a select few in Congress because the Dems will not file it. I suspect they do not want it filed because then the CBO will score it. Instead I think they want to just use it for campaign purposes and really have no plan of ever filing it. Boehner needs to have it filed so the CBO can score it.

banyon
09-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Tax cuts just aren't as efficient as direct spending.

Good point HCF.

Make sure you don't advocate any tax cuts in the future, though, because you'll need to be reminded about how inefficient thy are.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2011, 09:14 AM
It's just more debt. That's all it is.

HonestChieffan
09-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Tax cuts just aren't as efficient as direct spending.

Good point HCF.

Make sure you don't advocate any tax cuts in the future, though, because you'll need to be reminded about how inefficient thy are.

All tax cuts are not created equal. Adding an increasing level of decline in funding SS is absurd and will fall right on the back of every kid under 20 years old. It will not add one job. And it has zero benefit to the unemployed, the retired, and those on a fixed income. It is a stupid idea that is just a garbage deal that is vote pandering by both parties.