PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues I remember having some respect for Cleaver

HonestChieffan
09-18-2011, 08:40 PM
What a transformation. He can go pound sand as far as I care and I used to have a lot of time for the guy. Mr Race Card now. If Obama is so bad why give him a bye just cause hes black? Screw the CBC.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/182209-cbc-chairman-if-obama-wasnt-in-office-we-would-be-marching-on-white-house

(The Hill) — Unhappy members of the Congressional Black Caucus “probably would be marching on the White House” if Obama were not president, according to CBC Chairman Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.).

“If [former President] Bill Clinton had been in the White House and had failed to address this problem, we probably would be marching on the White House,” Cleaver told “The Miami Herald” in comments published Sunday. “There is a less-volatile reaction in the CBC because nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate the president.”

CBC members have expressed concern in recent months as the unemployment rate has continued to rise amongst African-Americans, pushing for Obama to do more to address the needs of vulnerable communities.

“We’re supportive of the president, but we getting tired, y’all,” Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) said in August. “We want to give [Obama] every opportunity, but our people are hurting. The unemployment is unconscionable. We don’t know what the strategy is.”

Rather than targeting Obama’s leadership, many CBC members aimed their fire at the Tea Party movement over the summer’s congressional recess. Waters said in a public meeting in her district that the Tea Party “can go straight to hell.” Another member, Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.), called the Tea Party “the real enemy” seeking to hold Congress “hostage.”

banyon
09-18-2011, 08:48 PM
It sounds like his comment is pointing out a political reality about the CBC and he's pointing out that it's hypocritical.

blaise
09-19-2011, 08:49 AM
It sounds like his comment is pointing out a political reality about the CBC and he's pointing out that it's hypocritical.

It also seems like he's excusing it, to me.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-19-2011, 08:58 AM
I don't recall having much respect for Cleaver.

patteeu
09-19-2011, 10:48 AM
1. Can't they go after him by claiming that it's his white half that makes him so bad.

I don't recall having much respect for Cleaver.

2. I don't remember ever having much respect for Cleaver either.

stevieray
09-19-2011, 10:52 AM
our people?

.....that's part of the problem.

Calcountry
09-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Perhaps, just maybe an eensie weensie little bit of this really did get into Obama over a 20 year period.

"Naw naw naw, not God Bless America, God D*** America!", well, God is a gentleman.

petegz28
09-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Racism at its finest.

vailpass
09-19-2011, 03:46 PM
A large segment of black people don't work and that would be the President's fault IF the President weren't half-black? Got it.

ThatRaceCardGuy
09-19-2011, 07:16 PM
see the dc clowns are at it again....Klan Rally in full swing

ClevelandBronco
09-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Respect for Cleaver? Eldridge maybe, but he was heavily armed.

vailpass
09-19-2011, 07:23 PM

Fetch my slippers. Less talky, more worky.

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2011, 10:02 AM
so, what is wrong with Beaver Cleaver?

mlyonsd
09-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Where does the congressional white caucus stand on this?

Chief Henry
09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Racism at its finest.

It screams racism.

Reaper16
09-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Where does the congressional white caucus stand on this?
You mean normal-ass Congress? If not, well, I didn't realize that the racial majority of systemically privileged people needed a second congressional group to look out for their interests.

stevieray
09-20-2011, 10:35 AM
of systemically privileged people

LMAO

fan4ever
09-20-2011, 10:58 AM

I love your posts; you're like Frankie's retarded brother who should be kept in the basement.

patteeu
09-20-2011, 11:25 AM
I love your posts; you're like Frankie's retarded brother who should be kept in the basement.

Frankie's brother is retarded too?

ChiTown
09-20-2011, 01:03 PM
You mean normal-ass Congress? If not, well, I didn't realize that the racial majority of systemically privileged people needed a second congressional group to look out for their interests.

:rolleyes:

Calcountry
09-20-2011, 03:29 PM
:rolleyes:Ya know, I have never been able to figure it out. Is that a tv wave radiating out from the tube, or is it a money shot going toward the tv?