PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Say we do draft Luck at #1...

Pestilence
09-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Do you sit him for a year or do you start him right away?

BigCatDaddy
09-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I think there are enough pieces in place for him to start day 1.

Detoxing
09-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Throw his ass in the fire. We haven't been waiting this long for a Franchise QB just to let him ride the bench for a few games.

KCMO would be in a freaking uproar. Riots would ensue.

DeezNutz
09-19-2011, 02:59 PM
He'll be ready to start.

jd1020
09-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Cassel will be long gone if we draft Luck. He'd be starting.

Sofa King
Start him. With all the hype he's getting he better be able to play week one.

Rooster
Sit him a year or two and let Matt Casshole show him how to be a NFL QB.

Count Zarth
09-19-2011, 03:01 PM
If Andy fucking Dalton can be thrown out there, John Elway II can be thrown out there.

Pants
09-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Start him. He can have a shitty first season if he feels like it, he shall be forgiven.

DeezNutz
09-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Start him. With all the hype he's getting he better be able to play weak one.

Obviously you have Cassel still on the roster as his mentor?

4th and Long
09-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Say we do draft Luck at #1...
we do draft Luck at #1...

Now what do you want me to say?

4th and Long
09-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Start him. With all the hype he's getting he better be able to play weak one.
I'd rather he play a strong one.

Donger
09-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Some questions:

1) Has Luck signaled his intent and desire to enter the draft next year?

2) If so, and the Chiefs are in a position to select him, people seem sure that the Chiefs will indeed take him. Based on what?

luv
09-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Some questions:

2) If so, and the Chiefs are in a position to select him, people seem sure that the Chiefs will indeed take him. Based on what?

Two very good questions.

I'm still not convinced Pioli takes him, even if he does declare.

Sofa King
09-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Sorry guys. My bad. I didn't mean to put weak instead of week.

I apologize. Please don't casselfy me.

Sofa King
09-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Two very good questions.

You shut your whore mouth.

BigCatDaddy
09-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Two very good questions.

Even Carl Peterson wouldn't pass on Luck.

HemiEd
09-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Let Stanzi start, and give Luck a chance to mature.

Aaron Rodgers is the best example I have.

Pestilence
09-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Let Stanzi start, and give Luck a chance to mature.

Aaron Rodgers is the best example I have.

Rodgers didn't have to start.

ArrowheadMagic
09-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Some questions:

1. redshirt JR and is in position to graduate this year. One reason he went back this year.

2. Far and away the best prospect in college. Pioli cant possibly be that dumb.

Bane
09-19-2011, 03:12 PM
He'll probably pull an Eli if we draft him anyway.

Sofa King
09-19-2011, 03:13 PM

CARSON PALMER!

suds79
09-19-2011, 03:13 PM

Don't know why he'd feel that way. He knows he's going to bad team.

Doesn't matter though. You don't give in. Then you draft him anyways. Make him sit it out if he really feels that way.

Donger
09-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Two very good questions.

Thanks. It just seems like people are getting just a little ahead of themselves.

Detoxing
09-19-2011, 03:17 PM

Doubt that. He'll actually have weapons here as long as Bowe stays.

Donger
09-19-2011, 03:17 PM
1. redshirt JR and is in position to graduate this year. One reason he went back this year.

Right, but I was just wondering if Luck had made any public pronouncements regarding what he intends to do. It doesn't sound like it.

2. Far and away the best prospect in college. Pioli cant possibly be that dumb.

Pioli engineered bringing Cassel to KC in the first place, right? If so, selecting Luck would be tacit (of not outright) acknowledgement that his decision was a mistake and a failure. Some people (mostly men) have serious issues making such acknowledgments. I hope that Pioli isn't one of them.

El Jefe
09-19-2011, 03:19 PM

Start him, very similar to Matt Ryan, he will have plenty of pieces around him, he would be fine.

ArrowheadMagic
09-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Right, but I was just wondering if Luck had made any public pronouncements regarding what he intends to do. It doesn't sound like it.

Season just started, players wont announce intentions until end of year. Am sure he is more focused on this season.

Pioli engineered bringing Cassel to KC in the first place, right? If so, selecting Luck would be tacit (of not outright) acknowledgement that his decision was a mistake and a failure. Some people (mostly men) have serious issues making such acknowledgments. I hope that Pioli isn't one of them.

NE drafted QB's all the time with Brady there. Even if Cassel is here next year, there is no viable backup. Sorry, Stanzities. BP, right 53, position of need...etc. When the Chiefs have the #1 pick, and Luck is there....he will be the pick.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 03:29 PM
He starts game 1

lcarus
09-19-2011, 03:30 PM
The great thing about getting Luck next year is that our offensive line is not bad.

Direckshun
09-19-2011, 03:32 PM
I sit him for eight games to give Cassel a fighting chance.

Direckshun
09-19-2011, 03:34 PM
The great thing about getting Luck next year is that our offensive line is not bad.

Andrew Luck
Jamaal Charles
Dexter McCluster

Dwayne Bowe
Jonathan Baldwin
Steve Breaston

Branden Albert
Ryan Lilja
Rodney Hudson
Jon Asamoah
whomever we have at RT

This is a good team for a rookie QB to land on.

SNR
09-19-2011, 03:34 PM
He's already more qualified, talented, smarter, and more athletic than Cassel. The frightening part? He's nearly as experienced, too.

There's probably a 2% chance that Luck isn't the best QB in training camp. If he's the best QB, you play the best QB. We're only wasting him letting him sit on the bench.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Fucking phone. It put me down for sitting him.

Would be nice to have a whole draft of high picks to go with him, too.

Hoover
09-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Andrew Luck
Jamaal Charles
Dexter McCluster

Dwayne Bowe
Jonathan Baldwin
Steve Breaston

Branden Albert
Ryan Lilja
Rodney Hudson
Jon Asamoah
whomever we have at RT

This is a good team for a rookie QB to land on.

Not to mention out TE.

I'd take Luck #1 and then an OT in the 2nd.

vailpass
09-19-2011, 03:58 PM
If Andy ****ing Dalton can be thrown out there, John Elway II can be thrown out there.

You saying Luck will refuse to play for the team that drafts him?

Detoxing
09-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Not to mention out TE.

I'd take Luck #1 and then an OT in the 2nd.

We're going to need a RB in the 2nd. Shoulda Taken Taiwan Jones this past draft...

HemiEd

Exactly, that is my point. He sat for several years behind Favre. This is about Luck, not Stanzi.

Ace Gunner

hahahaha

BoltWalt
09-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Sit him a year or two and let Matt Casshole show him how to be a NFL QB.
Would you really want the QB you can not stand to show the franchise QB his winning ways?

lcarus
09-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Knowing Pioli, if we DID draft Luck we wouldn't know if he was starting or not until a minute before ****ing kickoff in week 1.

Pestilence
Exactly, that is my point. He sat for several years behind Favre. This is about Luck, not Stanzi.

Stanzi is not Favre.

Rodgers didn't HAVE to start.

SNR
We're going to need a RB in the 2nd. Shoulda Taken Taiwan Jones this past draft...Why the 2nd? Jamaal Charles was a 3rd rounder FFS

thurman merman
09-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Why would they draft him if he wasn't going to start?

Detoxing
09-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Why the 2nd? Jamaal Charles was a 3rd rounder FFS

Uhm...because after QB RB will be the position in most need of an upgrade maybe?

Pestilence
09-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Uhm...because after QB RB will be the position in most need of an upgrade maybe?

No way.

Thig Lyfe
09-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Start the fuck out of him.

SNR
09-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Uhm...because after QB RB will be the position in most need of an upgrade maybe?Yeah because that's how the draft works :facepalm:

Bwana
09-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Start Him.

T-post Tom
09-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Start him. He can have a shitty first season if he feels like it, he shall be forgiven.

Forgiven? Not on CP. LMAO

Pestilence
09-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Forgiven? Not on CP. LMAO

Andrew Luck would be forgiven for a horrible first year. That's what happens when you're a rookie and not a 27 year old QB who never started in college.

blazzin311
09-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Well if Luck really is supposed to be the next so-called Peyton Manning, then you treat him as such. The Colts started Peyton his rookie year and he led the league in interceptions with 28. However, he became a better player for it. It gave him damn good game experience right off the bat, and in each of the next few years his touchdown totals rose an the interceptions became less frequent. Now this isn't to say that it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a veteran backup to teach the rookie a bit as well. Personally though, I'd trot Luck out there day one if I drafted him.

Sucky
09-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Start him right away. Pay him whatever he wants. Give him whatever he desires etc etc. He's THAT GOOD

Detoxing
09-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Start him right away. Pay him whatever he wants. Give him whatever he desires etc etc. He's THAT GOOD

You his girlfriend or something?

lcarus
09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Well if Luck really is supposed to be the next so-called Peyton Manning, then you treat him as such. The Colts started Peyton his rookie year and he led the league in interceptions with 28. However, he became a better player for it. It gave him damn good game experience right off the bat, and in each of the next few years his touchdown totals rose an the interceptions became less frequent. Now this isn't to say that it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a veteran backup to teach the rookie a bit as well. Personally though, I'd trot Luck out there day one if I drafted him.

How would you feel about Trent Green being hired as QBs coach.

T-post Tom
09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Andrew Luck would be forgiven for a horrible first year. That's what happens when you're a rookie and not a 27 year old QB who never started in college.

:hmmm:Read this board much? :hmmm:

scott free
09-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Put him in the fire, if he isnt clearly demonstrating that he has it two years in... then we go get another one, until we get it right.

DaWolf
09-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Put him in there. Pound the rock steadily year one (get someone to replace Thomas Jones) and invest in defense in the offseason. Hopefully he can be brought along similar to how Big Ben was his first year...

Pestilence
09-19-2011, 04:58 PM
:hmmm:Read this board much? :hmmm:

You apparently don't.

Once again.....HUGE difference between a rookie QB and a 27 year old piece of shit.

SNR
09-19-2011, 05:05 PM
:hmmm:Read this board much? :hmmm:We drafturbators talked ENDLESSLY in 2009 about how we would have been patient with a legitimate rookie QB, and how there was a big difference between that and Fatt Asshole. Retards like Reerun told us we weren't allowed to make that distinction... how we would be on any young QB's ass just like we were on Cassel's.

You're putting yourself in company with Reerun. That's not a good place to be

Mike in SW-MO
09-19-2011, 05:17 PM
You let him and Stanzi fight for the starting spot. If Stanzi wins first year you play him. Luck rides the pine while Stanzi builds his trade value.

If Luck wins you play him and let Stanzi learn to carry the clipboard. If Stanzi ever shows starting capability, you trade him.

Chargers did it right with Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers.

keg in kc
09-19-2011, 05:20 PM
If he takes the job in camp I'd start him right away, sure. I wouldn't hand it to him the day after the draft, though. And I definitely wouldn't just "throw him in there" to "see what he has" if he doesn't earn the job.

I would be very, very, very patient as a fan, though. Dollars to doughnuts it's going to take him 3 or 4 years to really "get it" whether he starts in 2012 or not. Which is part of the reason I'm okay with a gradual grooming process. Quarterbacks take a long time to become good.

Either way, we need a veteran starter (not named Cassel - or Stanzi) in camp next year. Competition is good, and you need to have a contingency for if the rookie isn't up to speed by opening day.

Gadzooks
09-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Aikman and the Mannings (even the shitty one), started as rookies and failed miserably.
They got experience and the Cowboys and Colts ended up with a sweet draft pick the next year.
They all won the SB.

Start him.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Id like to comment on the "we wouldnt have the patience to see a rookie QBs development"

How about the patience we have shown with players like:

Dorsey
Albert
Carr
Berry

All have gone through growing pains and have been given a longer leash due to their respective ceilings.

Luck would be no exception.

keg in kc
09-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Id like to comment on the "we wouldnt have the patience to see a rookie QBs development"

Dorsey
Albert
Carr
Berry

All have gone through growing pains and have been given a longer leash due to their respective ceilings.This is probably not the point you were trying to make, but all of those players (aside from Berry, obviously, although there were moments with him the first half of last year) were lambasted by numerous posters during not only their rookie seasons, but ensuing seasons as well.

I think Luck would get a longer leash with most fans, however, because he's likely to be an almost universal favorite. Where often people bitch about player X because they'd rather we drafted player Y.

tk13
09-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Start Stanzi for 2 years and let Luck learn the speed of the game.

Somewhere between 0 and 100% of the above post is sarcasm.

tk13
09-19-2011, 05:35 PM

Dorsey
Albert
Carr
Berry

All have gone through growing pains and have been given a longer leash due to their respective ceilings.

Luck would be no exception.

Yeah right, you could very easily dig up some Dorseybust posts. And there are people as far along as this training camp who wanted Gaither to start over Albert. If Luck himself came in and didn't get it figured out in about 12 weeks (or maybe less) people would start to get antsy. Surely it wouldn't be anything near 100% but you'd see it. He would be expected to be a savior.

BossChief
09-19-2011, 05:39 PM
This is probably not the point you were trying to make, but all of those players (aside from Berry, obviously, although there were moments with him the first half of last year) were lambasted by numerous posters during not only their rookie seasons, but ensuing seasons as well.

I think Luck would get a longer leash with most fans, however, because he's likely to be an almost universal favorite. Where often people bitch about player X because they'd rather we drafted player Y.

I wasn't talking about the casual fans...I was talking about the fans that spend hours trying to know everything they can about this team and are realistic about things.

If we draft him, I give him a full blown pass on his first year and wont be real critical of him till midway through his third year if he is still struggling...I doubt very highly that he would even struggle his first year, though. Especially with the talent this team has to help him succeed.

keg in kc
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
I wasn't talking about the casual fans...I was talking about the fans that spend hours trying to know everything they can about this team and are realistic about things.Who exactly did you think I was talking about? Casual fans? I was talking about people here.

jd1020
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah right, you could very easily dig up some Dorseybust posts. And there are people as far along as this training camp who wanted Gaither to start over Albert. If Luck himself came in and didn't get it figured out in about 12 weeks (or maybe less) people would start to get antsy. Surely it wouldn't be anything near 100% but you'd see it. He would be expected to be a savior.

I'd give a QB a bit more of a break. They do have the most responsibility after all.