PDA

View Full Version : RB Problems - Need Waiver wire help

DementedLogic
09-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Not much of a poster on this board, but been reading for a very long time. Anyways, this is my first year doing Fantasy Football since this is the first football season I haven't been deployed in 5 years. I am in a standard scoring league that is very deep. We have 12 guys and we start 4 WRs and 3 RBs.

The RBs on my roster right now are

Jamaal Charles
Steven Jackson
Matt Forte
C.J. Spiller
Kendall Hunter

Needless to say the Charles injury is pretty painful. The best RBs available on waivers are
Javon Ringer
Earnest Graham
John Kuhn
Le'Ron McClain is also available, Jones isn't available, McCluster is listed as WR. (CBS Sports Line)

I'm thinking I should release Charles and Hunter and pick up Ringer and Graham, however I have priority pick on McClain, so if I don't get both of the other 2, I will take McClain. Should I go after McClain instead of one of the other 2, and who would you take over Ringer and Graham?

doomy3
09-19-2011, 06:31 PM
I'd take Ringer and McCluster I think. McCluster should be gaining RB eligibility anytime now, shouldn't he?

DementedLogic
09-19-2011, 06:33 PM
CBS sportsline has said they are keeping him listed as WR. I picked him up on Waivers last week, but we don't have a flex spot, its 3 RB and 4 WR specific, so I have to play him as WR.

ChiefGator
09-19-2011, 07:41 PM
I would think about Ringer and Graham, but you might just want keep Hunter for if/when Gore gets injured. You aren't going to start Ringer or Hunter unless the RB in front of them gets injured anyway. And Graham is a very specific start.. when you think the Bucs will get blown out early.

MoreLemonPledge
09-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Ringer and Roy Helu. Stay away from the Chiefs' 3/4 headed monster in a terrible offense. Graham is nothing special either.

Brock
09-19-2011, 10:23 PM
3 carries 2 TDs is a pretty good TD percentage.

DementedLogic
09-20-2011, 12:41 PM
We don't have a waiver wire order, so it's a race when the wire starts. I lost the race for Ringer and Graham went right away too. Someone did release Deji Karim, so I picked him up. I'm just going to have to hope that S.Jax can play this week and start spiller. I don't see Gore and MJD staying healthy all year, so I have both of their handcuffs unless someone else becomes available.

DementedLogic
09-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Should I start spiller in that 3rd slot or pick up McClain?

Helu isn't available.

ChiefGator
09-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Should I start spiller in that 3rd slot or pick up McClain?

Helu isn't available.

Of those choices.. Spiller.

DementedLogic
09-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Looks like I'm starting Spiller. Barring an injury to Gore, MJD, or Fred Jackson, I'm pretty much screwed at the RB position. I'm going to have play the waiver wire hard and at $2.50 per transaction, that's going to get expensive.

ChiefGator
09-21-2011, 05:03 AM
You pay for transaction? In real money? That's a new one. interesting idea.

So, play the waiver wire SMART I guess...

DementedLogic
09-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Yeah, it's a pretty big pool at the end of the season. Dropping a player and replacing him is 2 transactions, so its essentially $5 for every waiver wire move.