PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Bleacherreport Andrew Luck Sweepstakes Top 5 teams

banyon
09-19-2011, 09:23 PM
NFL Draft 2012: Top 5 Front-Runners in the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes
By
Andre Khatchaturian
(Featured Columnist) on September 19, 2011

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/856896-top-5-frontrunners-in-the-andrew-luck-sweepstakes

Finishing last place in the NFL this year comes with awesome perks. By finishing with the worst record, the league's cellar-dweller will have the opportunity to draft a once-in-a-generation type of quarterback from Stanford named Andrew Luck.

Luck could have gone No. 1 overall this past April in the draft, but he opted to stay in school and finish his college degree. He has turned around Stanford football, and because of that, he's been regarded as one of the best quarterback prospects.

Many have speculated that certain teams are trying to tank this season in order to draft Luck. Although that may not be the case, there are still some extremely atrocious teams in the NFL this year.

After two weeks of football, here are the five worst teams in the NFL.

Or, to put it more lightly, here are the top five front-runners in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/323/720/125591092_display_image.jpg?1316476680

Last week Luke McCown had a quarterback rating of 1.8 against the New York Jets. He threw four interceptions and was completely out of rhythm as the Jaguars fell flat, 32-3.

The Jaguars did draft Blaine Gabbert at 10th overall last year, but it's clear that no team should pass up on Andrew Luck. They can trade Gabbert for some other draft picks and be in good shape if they continue to play poorly and get the opportunity to draft Luck.

The Jaguars will probably start Gabbert as the season progresses. He played well in garbage time against the Jets, but it'll be interesting to see how he plays as a starter.

Maurice Jones-Drew is pretty much the only guy producing anything on offense. Other than that, the Jags are a mess. Their low attendance also doesn't give them much of a home advantage and makes them a prime candidate for relocation to Los Angeles.

4. Denver Broncos

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/323/719/125635446_display_image.jpg?1316476401

The Broncos may be 1-1 and they're getting solid play from quarterback Kyle Orton, but this is mainly because they've played two home games against two below-average teams; they barely beat the Cincinnati Bengals at home.

The road gets tougher for the Broncos. They go to Tennessee next week to play a Titans team led by veteran quarterback Matt Hasselbeck. The Titans also have an explosive wide receiver in Kenny Britt, and people don't give them too much credit.

The schedule gets even more difficult for the Broncos as they have to go to Lambeau Field to play the defending champion Green Bay Packers, then come home to play the San Diego Chargers.

Denver also plays against the Lions, Jets, at San Diego, Chicago and New England. It's not too hard to mark these games as losses for the lowly Broncos. These teams will expose the Broncos' weak defense, and if Denver is faced with injuries, they could easily fall into a downward spiral and end up with Luck.

3. Indianapolis Colts

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/323/721/123283417_display_image.jpg?1316477024

Who would've thought the Colts would be on this list in July?

Reality stinks for Indianapolis. The year they host the Super Bowl, Peyton Manning goes down, and the Colts become an afterthought.

It's really incredible how valuable Manning is/was for the Colts. Without him, they've only scored two offensive touchdowns, and both of them came in situations where the game was already wrapped up.

Kerry Collins was thrown into a very difficult situation, and he's still slowly learning the complex Colts offense. He can't move the ball once he gets into the opponent's zone, and they constantly had to settle for field goals because of it against Cleveland.

Folks, Cleveland blew out Indianapolis this past Sunday—this is how bad they are.

If the Colts do end up with the worst record, the question then becomes the following:

Do they trade Peyton Manning and draft Luck, or do they have him sit a few years to learn from Manning the mentor?

2. Seattle Seahawks

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/323/722/125590771_display_image.jpg?1316477846

The defending NFC West champions (I just gagged saying that) are going to have a very long season.

There are a confluence of reasons why the Seahawks will look more like Seachickens.

For one, they don't have a quarterback, or an offense for that matter. Tarvaris Jackson can't move the ball, and the Seahawks have had difficulty scoring. It's true that they played against a high-profile defense in the Pittsburgh Steelers on the road this past Sunday, but they struggled against the 49ers, too.

In fact, Marshawn Lynch has rushed for 44 yards the whole season—and he's the leading the team in rushing yards.

Sidney Rice's injury doesn't help either.

The Seahawks have been outscored 57-17, and quite honestly, Pete Carroll's "rah-rah" attitude doesn't work in the NFL. He's not serious enough to be a successful NFL coach. Instead of focusing on the game he pulls pranks on his players—guys like Bill Belichick and Mike Tomlin don't do that.

Carroll has to clamp down and focus on football, but then again, if he can just tank the season...

1. Kansas City Chiefs

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/323/723/125591293_display_image.jpg?1316478312

The Chiefs are easily the worst team in the NFL—and by a lot.

Forget that they've been outscored 89-10 in their first two games.

Forget that the Lions were running up the score on 4th-and-goal against them.

That's all bad.

But the Chiefs' players are all dropping like flies. Jamaal Charles is reportedly out for the season after getting injured in Detroit. Their star tight end Tony Moeaki is also on the IR and out for the season.

On the defensive side, safety Eric Berry is done, too.

The Chiefs also lost Charlie Weis to the University of Florida over the offseason, and this has really affected Matt Cassel's game.

But most of all, the reason why the Chiefs have the best shot at Luck is because of their schedule.

There is a five-week stretch in November and December where they play at New England, home against Pittsburgh, at Chicago, at the Jets and home against Green Bay. This may be the knockout punch that sends them to the abyss and helps them land Luck.

It's also important to note that other teams competing for Luck have some winnable games on their schedules this year.

The Seahawks are in the weak NFC West, and they've historically been a fantastic home team. They'll win a few games.

Kerry Collins will eventually learn the Colts' offense, and they'll be able to win a few games as the season progresses.

The Chiefs, on the other hand, are slowly losing respect for their head coach who has never played in the NFL, and the fact that he's never played in the league is already an easy way to lose respect in the locker room. This, combined with a tough schedule and a plethora of injuries, will allow the Chiefs to have the opportunity to draft Luck and revitalize their franchise for the next decade.

Sometimes finishing last ain't all that bad.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-19-2011, 09:24 PM
We're #1 bro!

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-19-2011, 09:26 PM
well thank fucking god someone at bleacherreport informed us about this because we never would've known otherwise

hometeam
09-19-2011, 09:27 PM
that about sums it up

MoreLemonPledge
09-19-2011, 09:27 PM
TO THE SHIP

banyon
09-19-2011, 09:29 PM
This guy had us #1 also:

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/09/19/andrew-luck-sweepstakes-chiefs-take-the-lead-and-the-colts-are-serious-contenders/

1) Kansas City Chiefs: Won the West and made the playoffs in 2010, but a dropoff was expected. But nobody expected this: Outscored 89-10, and two of the team’s best players are out for the year: RB Jamaal Charles and safety Eric Berry. The Chiefs travel to San Diego this week (they’ll be at least 2-touchdown dogs), and should be 0-3 before hosting the Vikings and then traveling to Indy (it’ll be dubbed: The Loser Gets Andrew Luck Game). It’s only been two weeks … but I’m not sure I can find three wins on this schedule. Unless Cassel starts to air it out with 50 passes a week … ah, who am I kidding: Andrew Luck to the Chiefs!

And this guy:

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?action=display&id=479&title=Update%20on%20the%20Andrew%20Luck%20Sweepstakes

Kansas City Chiefs-When the season started the dozens and dozens of Chiefs fans I know had high hopes. I live in the heart of Chiefs territory so it’s not hard to get a feel for the pulse of the franchise. Fans were excited. Exciting skills players like RB Jamaal Charles, RB/WR Dexter McCluster, WR Dwayne Bowe, TE Tony Moeaki, and rookie WR Jonathan Baldwin playing behind an improved offensive line. On defense you have anchors like OLB Tamba Hali and SS Eric Berry. 1st round picks all along the defensive front. But what happens? Well first off injuries. Baldwin gets hurt in a fight with a teammate, Moeaki lost for the year before he can even take a snap, and now Charles and Berry done for the year. You mix that in with a team that just looks lost and unprepared and the recipe for an 0-16 season is certainly a possibility. If with that would come a new head coach and without a doubt a new quarterback.

If I were a betting man and wanted to rank these bottom 8 in terms of draft it would look something like this.

8. New York Giants

7. Minnesota Vikings

6. St. Louis Rams

5. Miami Dolphins

4. Carolina Panthers

3. Seattle Seahawks

2. Indianapolis Colts

1. Kansas City Chiefs

It's a consensus. We're the worst!

rocknrolla
LMAO

cdcox
#1 with a bullet!

Pitt Gorilla
09-19-2011, 09:31 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kAYCyMLFxEM/Sq_IrACDUrI/AAAAAAAAAuc/1Fij6FQCTLE/s400/we_win_cheers1.jpg

Ace Gunner
09-19-2011, 09:32 PM
it's true I read it here

dirk digler
09-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Great.

Now Haley and Cassel DON'T FUCK THIS UP

Ebolapox
09-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I'll be SO FUCKING HAPPY if we get andrew luck.

arrowheadnation
09-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Would be the #1 selling chiefs jersey of all time before he even plays a down. I guaran-damn-tee it!!!

Dante84
09-19-2011, 09:59 PM
This is so fucking funny.

I mean, there's so much hope in every loss we have.

Embrace the awful. It's the only way to exercise the demon of futility.

Guru
09-19-2011, 10:04 PM
This is going to be like the SI curse. We are fucked.

keg in kc
09-19-2011, 10:07 PM
The ironic thing about landing Luck would that it would theoretically be a good place for him. People will argue some of these points, but from my perspective, he's coming into a team with an established left tackle, and up-and-coming guard in Asamoah, a good looking future starting center and a pair of good, big young receivers (no, I haven't lost any faith in Baldwin), and depending on the recovery/return of Moeaki and Charles, at the least established TE and RB.

The defense should not be putting up the numbers they are right now, either.

The question of course would be what kind of OC/QB coach situation he'd have. I'd be comfortable with Zorn, but I think Muir should be gone about 2 years ago.

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Jacksonville and Denver aren't drafting Luck.

Von Dumbass
09-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Is this all you guys are going to talk about all season? I hope Luck dies in an AIDS tree fire just so I don't have to read about him anymore.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-19-2011, 10:13 PM
We've got high hopes for pure suckage, truly remarkable and a little bit of luck. ;)

keg in kc
09-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Is this all you guys are going to talk about all season? I hope Luck dies in an AIDS tree fire just so I don't have to read about him anymore.It's a big internet. There's plenty of other places you can go be a dipshit.

Frankie
09-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Jacksonville and Denver aren't drafting Luck.

Are you kidding?!!!... Elway would give up left hoof to land Luck!!!

And Jax, I bet would take a lot of good offers for the #1. They may not wanna draft Luck but they would trade the spot to Denver for an arm and a leg.

Dante84
09-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Is this all you guys are going to talk about all season? I hope Luck dies in an AIDS tree fire just so I don't have to read about him anymore.

THEN STAY THE FUCK OFF CHIEFSPLANET.

banyon
09-19-2011, 10:17 PM

And Jax, I bet would take a lot of good offers for the #1. They may not wanna draft Luck but they would trade the spot to Denver for an arm and a leg.

They could easily follow the Carolina/Cleveland model and trade away their prior drafted QB for another pick or two and keep the new one.

MagicHef
09-19-2011, 10:20 PM

Can you imagine this place if KC ties with another team based on record but ends up choosing #2 due to strength of schedule? If a non-division rival gets the #1 pick, I am sure that Elway will do whatever he can to trade up for Luck.

wazu
09-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Never hear Miami mentioned. For me they joined the sweepstakes the minute they signed Larry Johnson.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-19-2011, 10:24 PM
I would gladly settle for Blaine Gabbert in a trade if Jacksonville finishes with the worst overall record. Gladly.

wazu
Can you imagine this place if KC ties with another team based on record but ends up choosing #2 due to strength of schedule? If a non-division rival gets the #1 pick, I am sure that Elway will do whatever he can to trade up for Luck.

Don't you ever fucking say that again. Ever.

Bump
this is going to turn out to be the best possible thing that could have happened to us. The time to lose is now! One season of shit for 15 seasons of greatness (or at least the possibility of it)!!!!!!!!!!!!

banyon
09-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Never hear Miami mentioned. For me they joined the sweepstakes the minute they signed Larry Johnson.

They play at CLE next week. We'll see if they truly belong among the elite sh*t.

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2011, 10:25 PM

Suck it, bitch

Frankie
09-19-2011, 10:26 PM
They could easily follow the Carolina/Cleveland model and trade away their prior drafted QB for another pick or two and keep the new one.

That is correct.

Pestilence
09-19-2011, 10:27 PM

Now you know what it felt like to hear the media suck on Tebow's dick.

Frankie
09-19-2011, 10:27 PM

Typical of what Gods of Football always do to the Chiefs. :(

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2011, 10:28 PM
I would gladly settle for Blaine Gabbert in a trade if Jacksonville finishes with the worst overall record. Gladly.
I'd be good with that.

Groves
09-19-2011, 10:30 PM
There are many ways to be the worst team in the NFL, and we've picked some of the best.

Injuries - If you gotta stink, this is a pretty good way. Sure, it means your backups aren't stellar, but think of all of the teams that blow even with all of their healthy starters? Some injuries change players forever, but if they don't we'll get these players back next year, with less mileage to boot.

Sucky #2s - So some people never rebuild, just reload. Our reloads are often duds. We finally get to answer the questions with actual game-day footage instead of always wondering what it would have been like if they had "gotten a real chance". I like knowing which of our backups suck the least, and this a fine time to find out.

Horrid QB - In this day and age, the franchise QB is essential. Obtaining the #1 QB in the upcoming draft often only happens if you pick first. We may be picking first, and it ain't all bad.

Hard to polish the turd, but we're all trying.

Frankie
09-19-2011, 10:31 PM
I'd be good with that.

Not me. The price would probably be too much and Gabbert is far from a sure thing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Not me. The price would probably be too much and Gabbert is far from a sure thing.

He's a much better prospect than Matt Barkley, Foles, or Jones.

whoman69
09-19-2011, 10:35 PM
This is so ****ing funny.

I mean, there's so much hope in every loss we have.

Embrace the awful. It's the only way to exercise the demon of futility.

Sorry, I can't do it. Herm was right once in his life. You play to win the game. I'm not going to be upset to see the Chiefs winning games this year, especially if it can move the franchise forward by making it clear that Check Down is a backup QB.

MagicHef
09-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Don't you ever ****ing say that again. Ever.

LMAO

Seriously, though, I think Elway would adopt Luck if he could.

Frankie
09-19-2011, 10:40 PM

I may be wrong but I don't see it. I would guess at least Foles will be a better QB than Gabbert.

suzzer99
09-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Fuck Herm. You have a chance to let Tony G break the all-time TE yardage record at home, with a touchdown no less. Instead you play to not lose a meaningless game late in the year in a desperate futile attempt to save your coaching career. FUCK HERM.

MoreLemonPledge
09-19-2011, 10:41 PM
LMAO

Seriously, though, I think Elway would adopt Luck if he could.

http://www.totalprosports.com/resize/0x546/rc/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/gus-don-knotts-horse-football.jpg

OK, ANDREW, HERE'S THE PLAY

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Not me. The price would probably be too much and Gabbert is far from a sure thing.I would gladly pay it.

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2011, 10:45 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/resize/0x546/rc/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/gus-don-knotts-horse-football.jpg

OK, ANDREW, HERE'S THE PLAYLMAO

Bewbies
09-19-2011, 10:49 PM

I'd take Foles over him, but he's way better than Jones for sure.

MoreLemonPledge
09-19-2011, 10:50 PM
If the Chiefs go 2-14 and are forced to draft Landry Jones because we lost a tiebreaker due to SoS, I will cry real man-tears.

DBOSHO
09-20-2011, 04:39 AM
id gladly, GLADLY take an 0-16 season getting outscored by 35 each game if it means we draft luck and dump cassel. hes that bad.

Pushead2
09-20-2011, 05:28 AM
We're going to go 8-8 now :(

They're putting the whammies on us.

patteeu
09-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Is there any reason to be confident that Luck won't decide to return to Stanford for his senior season if the Chiefs end up with the first pick?

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2011, 05:58 AM
This is going to be like the SI curse. We are fucked.

shut your face, and be optimistic!!!!!! :D

banyon
09-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Is there any reason to be confident that Luck won't decide to return to Stanford for his senior season if the Chiefs end up with the first pick?

Yes. He stated that he wanted to graduate and he is set to graduate early this year.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-20-2011, 06:47 AM
id gladly, GLADLY take an 0-16 season getting outscored by 35 each game if it means we draft luck and dump cassel. hes that bad.

getting outscored by 35 points a game is a reality

The Bad Guy
09-20-2011, 06:57 AM
I personally would think KC would be an attractive spot for Luck. I don't see him as a big market QB (like the diva Eli) and the team does have some weapons.

I just pray it happens. This season is lost already. Why not have some brighter years ahead?

patteeu
09-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Yes. He stated that he wanted to graduate and he is set to graduate early this year.

Good to hear.

Simply Red
09-20-2011, 07:01 AM

LMAO you idiot.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-20-2011, 07:03 AM
heh just thought of something if Luck to KC does happen. It would be the opposite, Denver apparently has the next Derrick Thomas in Von Miller and with Luck we will have the next John Elway

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2011, 07:04 AM
http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/foam-finger.jpg

mikey23545
09-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Sorry, I can't do it. Herm was right once in his life. You play to win the game. I'm not going to be upset to see the Chiefs winning games this year, especially if it can move the franchise forward by making it clear that Check Down is a backup QB.

Yep. Most of this Luck talk is just some sort of coping mechanism being spouted by a bunch of pussies.

Just no way I can ever root for the Chiefs to lose.

Sorry.

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2011, 07:25 AM
heh just thought of something if Luck to KC does happen. It would be the opposite, Denver apparently has the next Derrick Thomas in Von Miller and with Luck we will have the next John Elway

Luck is Peyton Manning/Brady who is mobile and can gain yards on the run. Luck doesn't have that playground style that Elway had.

Frosty
09-20-2011, 07:25 AM

He's also stated that he has "unfinished business" at Stanford, which is to bring them a national championship. If they fall just short, I could see him thinking about going back for another year. He supposedly loves being in college.

Buckweath
09-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Yep. Most of this Luck talk is just some sort of coping mechanism being spouted by a bunch of pussies.

Sorry.

Look, I think we all want this team to win but you have to understand that this team is going nowhere without at least an average QB. I thought that was exactly what was Cassell before the season started but he has been dreadful.

The best thing that can happen to this team is that it gets in good position to draft one of the top 2-3 QB in the draft and then Chiefs fans will look to the future with a big smile and they will stay optimistic.

Dave Lane
09-20-2011, 07:30 AM
I would gladly pay it.

Nope Luck or nothing damn it!

No compromises!!

Mr. Arrowhead
09-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Luck is Peyton Manning/Brady who is mobile and can gain yards on the run. Luck doesn't have that playground style that Elway had.

maybe not how he plays, but he is a hyped up QB that plays at Stanford

Dave Lane
09-20-2011, 07:34 AM

Sorry.

People like to think their suffering is for a reason. Not sure why that is or what might appeal to that. But one thing we know for sure, Mikey is a badass tough guy. Did you all see that? He flexed his Internet tough guy muscle. It was so impressive!

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2011, 07:40 AM
maybe not how he plays, but he is a hyped up QB that plays at Stanford

correct, I was just making point that Luck is more of a calculating pocket passer than a playground gunslinger like Elway was.

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2011, 07:41 AM

Sorry.

http://sonsoflars.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/U-mad-brah-U-hatin.jpg

El Jefe
09-20-2011, 07:42 AM
I'll be SO ****ING HAPPY if we get andrew luck.

You and me both, I never root for my team to lose, but for a chance at getting Andrew Luck I hope we lose as many necessary to get the #1 pick. The less amount of time I have to see MC at QB the better.

teedubya
09-20-2011, 07:42 AM
... by a lot!!

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2011, 07:44 AM
... by a lot!!

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2008/10/medium_hack.jpg

El Jefe
09-20-2011, 07:45 AM

Sorry.

Go suck a bil ol' chili dog, I'm tired of having a crappy untalented QB, I want a franchise QB, so if it takes an 0-16 season then so be it.

Bane
09-20-2011, 07:58 AM
CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Rooster
09-20-2011, 08:02 AM

Sorry.

They will do the losing all on their own. They won't need anyone to cheer them to defeat.

Chiefshrink
09-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Hey if we are "lucky enough" to get the first pick does Pioli have the balls enough to dangle Luck out there to attain the farm in which "he could get" because now you have the rookie cap and Luck is that good and many would be willing to trade up for this No.1 spot 'unlike' most yrs in the past. Would Pioli be stupid enough to do this and face the huuuuuuuge criticism if he did this?

Don't get me wrong here, no way in hell do I dangle Luck but Pioli is a different bird and he did draft Stanzi. By drafting Luck Pioli will be admitting Cassel is done and he was wrong and now the competition is between Stanzi and Luck.

The big question will be what will Pioli do if given the first pick in next years draft?

patteeu
09-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Hey if we are "lucky enough" to get the first pick does Pioli have the balls enough to dangle Luck out there to attain the farm in which "he could get" because now you have the rookie cap and Luck is that good and many would be willing to trade up for this No.1 spot 'unlike' most yrs in the past. Would Pioli be stupid enough to do this and face the huuuuuuuge criticism if he did this?

Don't get me wrong here, no way in hell do I dangle Luck but Pioli is a different bird and he did draft Stanzi. By drafting Luck Pioli will be admitting Cassel is done and he was wrong and now the competition is between Stanzi and Luck.

The big question will be what will Pioli do if given the first pick in next years draft?

I don't think there's any question there. If Pioli doesn't decide to take Luck on his own, I'd count on Hunt forcing him to take him. Not only would that pick be the best football move, but it would also be a goldmine for ticket sales.

Dayze
09-20-2011, 08:27 AM

if we're at #1 and he pulls that shit and doesn't draft Luck, I'm moving on to NCAA football full-time until he's gone.

mlyonsd
09-20-2011, 08:29 AM

The big question will be what will Pioli do if given the first pick in next years draft?If they would trade the Luck pick (and I think there is a good possibility) I think Pioli/Haley would have bench Cassel sometime this year so they can evaluate Stanzi enough to make that decision.

KCUnited
09-20-2011, 08:33 AM
I don't like hoping for negative outcomes for the Chiefs, but when the organization straps you to a below mediocre QB, does nothing to prepare for the season, and sits on a wad of cash leaving us zero depth; they gave the fans no choice.

I'm not rooting for the Chiefs to lose, I'm rooting for this perfect storm to develop and bring us the only thing that will ever make us compete for a Super Bowl.

Chiefshrink
09-20-2011, 08:45 AM
If they would trade the Luck pick (and I think there is a good possibility) I think Pioli/Haley would have bench Cassel sometime this year so they can evaluate Stanzi enough to make that decision.

Precisely. Look for it to happen.;)

Frankie
09-20-2011, 10:51 AM

I'm not running too far behind that bandwagon myself.

Frankie
09-20-2011, 10:52 AM

I was afraid of that too, until I read somewhere that the reason he went back to school is to finish his degree. He's NCAA-junior, but a Senior academically.

Frankie
09-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I personally would think KC would be an attractive spot for Luck. I don't see him as a big market QB (like the diva Eli) and the team does have some weapons.

I just pray it happens. This season is lost already. Why not have some brighter years ahead?

A good 15 years barring injuries. :p

Frankie
09-20-2011, 10:59 AM
I want the NFL season over NOW dammit!!!!

chief4life
09-20-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm not running too far behind that bandwagon myself.

Did anyone catch the replay of the Stanford vs Arizona game last night on ESPN. After all the luck talk for the day and to see him playing that night was a sight of beauty. I see the light and I think we can get him. Now lets go out and do it!

Von Dumbass
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fZlW9g7DCe4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted the wrong video my bad, this is the right one.

Frankie
09-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Did anyone catch the replay of the Stanford vs Arizona game last night on ESPN. After all the luck talk for the day and to see him playing that night was a sight of beauty. I see the light and I think we can get him. Now lets go out and do it!

MY TOP TWO QBs already played this season? :eek:

I missed it. :( How did Foles play?

Detoxing
09-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Lol @ everyone talking shit about Landry Jones.

Reminds me of back in the day when everyone on here said that Bradford wouldn't make it. Or before that, it was Matt Ryan who wasn't good enough.

CP's College QB evaluation skills are terrible.

Pestilence
09-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Who said Matt Ryan wasn't good enough?

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-20-2011, 11:12 AM
It's been said before, but Stanzi needs to start now...Cassel sucks and Palko is worse. He'll either show something or he won't. If he totally bombs, we'll get Luck...if he looks good, we may not have to.

arrowheadnation
09-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Again I say...IF THIS COMES TO PASS, IT WILL BE THE HIGHEST SELLING CHIEFS JERSEY IN HISTORY BEFORE HE EVEN PLAYS A DOWN!!!! Hell, I'll get a custom one made the night we draft him!

Frosty
09-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Who said Matt Ryan wasn't good enough?

The same people that said taking a QB that high was risky, IIRC.

Pestilence
09-20-2011, 11:14 AM
It's been said before, but Stanzi needs to start now...Cassel sucks and Palko is worse. He'll either show something or he won't. If he totally bombs, we'll get Luck...if he looks good, we may not have to.

IF, and it's a huge if, this staff decides to start Stanzi....it's either going to be right after the bye week....or around weeks 8-10. They're going to put Palko out there first.

suds79
09-20-2011, 11:15 AM

Yeah but what if he's average. Then he'll guide us to 3 wins and we'll be out of the Luck sweepstakes. Besides, what are the odds that a mid round QB turns out to be a franchise guy. It's almost unheard of.

No thanks. I'd rather just continue through this painful year and get Luck. If it's determined down the road that Stanzi can play, it never hurts to have two QBs. There's always teams looking.

Pestilence
Lol @ everyone talking shit about Landry Jones.

Reminds me of back in the day when everyone on here said that Bradford wouldn't make it. Or before that, it was Matt Ryan who wasn't good enough.

CP's College QB evaluation skills are terrible.

There were actually a shit ton of people that wanted the Falcons to take Dorsey so that Ryan fell to us.

vailpass

What else would you like them to talk about? Pouring syrup on shit doesn't make it pancakes but if I was Chief fan I'd be doing the same thing.

Detoxing
09-20-2011, 11:20 AM
There were actually a shit ton of people that wanted the Falcons to take Dorsey so that Ryan fell to us.

And there were an equal amount of people that thought there were no "elite" Qb's coming out of that draft.

Point is, I am not going to write off Landry Jones or Nick Foles even though so many people here say they suck with such conviction. Both of those QB's are considered elite, blue chip prospects.

If we're not in a position to draft Luck, and Jones or Foles are picked by the Chiefs, I will not be bitching about it. I'll be excited.

Robo-Chachi
09-20-2011, 11:25 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kAYCyMLFxEM/Sq_IrACDUrI/AAAAAAAAAuc/1Fij6FQCTLE/s400/we_win_cheers1.jpg

You wanna go where people know,
they're never gonna win a game,
You wanna go where everybody pulls up lame.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah but what if he's average. Then he'll guide us to 3 wins and we'll be out of the Luck sweepstakes. Besides, what are the odds that a mid round QB turns out to be a franchise guy. It's almost unheard of.

No thanks. I'd rather just continue through this painful year and get Luck. If it's determined down the road that Stanzi can play, it never hurts to have two QBs. There's always teams looking.

That's also a possibility, although we should either go full on Suck for Luck (start Palko), or see what Stanzi's got.

Either way Cassel shouldn't see another rep as a starter. (but of course he will :banghead:)

Pestilence
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Fuck that. I want Cassel to start all 16 games. I want to see him embarrased on a consistent basis.

58-4ever
09-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Fuck that. I want Cassel to start all 16 games. I want to see him embarrased on a consistent basis.

This and this. Cassel should suffer the embarrassment of leading the biggest fall from first to last in franchise history. Although it looks now like that 1st place finish was a bit of a fluke.

Fuck you Matt Cassel. Suck for Luck!

vailpass
09-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Might be a good idea to change up the coaching staff before the draft or Luck might remind you of Elway in ways you didn't want.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Might be a good idea to change up the coaching staff before the draft or Luck might remind you of Elway in ways you didn't want.

As long as he doesn't remind me of Cassel I'm cool

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2011, 11:37 AM

vailpass
09-20-2011, 11:39 AM
As long as he doesn't remind me of Cassel I'm cool

Baltimore could tell you different.

patteeu
09-20-2011, 11:42 AM

If the Chiefs have the chance to draft Luck, they should do it whether Stanzi has shown something or not. They can always trade one of them away later after they've had a chance to choose the one they want to keep like San Diego did with Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Baltimore could tell you different.

True, but the same situation worked out for the Chargers

Besides, if we're actually in a position to draft Luck, I doubt much if any of the current coaching staff would survive to April

Ralphy Boy
09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
[SIZE="4"]

Really don't agree with this, though we certainly look terrible right now.

The Chiefs also lost Charlie Weis to the University of Florida over the offseason, and this has really affected Matt Cassel's game.

It wouldn't shock me if Charlie was hired after Haley is fired.

But most of all, the reason why the Chiefs have the best shot at Luck is because of their schedule.

Luck(y) us!

DaKCMan AP
09-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Really don't agree with this, though we certainly look terrible right now.

Who is worse?

You can't be serious. Weis won't be back in the NFL for at least 3 more years.

Pestilence
09-20-2011, 12:30 PM

I will go postal and kill someone.

Frankie
09-20-2011, 12:40 PM

God I hope not. He may be a good OC, but as a HC he sucks.

Frankie
09-20-2011, 12:41 PM
I will go postal and kill someone.

Can I provide the address? LMAO

WhiteWhale
09-20-2011, 01:00 PM
The Chiefs, on the other hand, are slowly losing respect for their head coach who has never played in the NFL, and the fact that he's never played in the league is already an easy way to lose respect in the locker room. This, combined with a tough schedule and a plethora of injuries, will allow the Chiefs to have the opportunity to draft Luck and revitalize their franchise for the next decade.

Uh... does this guy even realize how many head coaches never played in the NFL?

Von Dumbass
09-20-2011, 01:06 PM
2011 NFL Power Rankings: Week 3

28 (30) Bengals 1-1 After splitting two road games, they have a chance to pad their record with three of the next four at home. (Walker)

29 (32) Browns 1-1 It's not rocket science: feeding RB Peyton Hills gives Cleveland the best chance to win. (Walker)

30 (23) Colts 0-2 The talk is of staying the course, not making changes and improving. But we're talking small increments. (Kuharsky)

31 (21) Chiefs 0-2 Injured and ineffective. A trip to San Diego is unlikely to cure much of what is ailing the Chiefs. (Kuharsky)

32 (31) Seahawks 0-2 The Seahawks have been shut out in six of eight quarters this season. (Sando)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/3

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-20-2011, 01:09 PM

We're #32!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41401&d=1311085982

Sofa King
09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Now knowmo is trolling that we aren't the worst! LMAO

now i've seen it all.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-20-2011, 01:11 PM

U mad?

We're #32

BigChiefFan
09-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Now knowmo is trolling that we aren't the worst! LMAO

now i've seen it all.That is funny as Hell. LMAO

Coogs
09-20-2011, 01:42 PM
The Seahawks have been shut out in six of eight quarters this season.

Like we haven't been! :rolleyes: